Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9029 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 15, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 09:37:
Video games are 'better source of physical exercise than playing outside' new study claims.

Clickbait heading of the worst kind. Sometimes I just wanna go, Fuck the Internet!

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
1. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 09:55 InBlack

I don't exactly know why, but I find this little tidbit of information slightly depressing.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
13. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 04:38 InBlack

HOTS is turning out to be a really competitive little game, easy to learn, hard to master. Are you just playing Coop Eraser, because that score you mentioned seems kind of unrealistic...

I average about a 50% win rate, maybe a few percent more. On the Heroes League im way below 50% ATM. Im currently at a point where if one guy fucks up, the entire team loses. The kind of comebacks Eraser mentioned are still possible, but not very likely higher up on the matchmaking ladder.

Don't get me wrong Im enjoying the game, but its got waay more depth and difficulty, once you start getting into it a little bit more.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
2. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 12, 2015, 01:57 InBlack

After watching this video gotta say that I think this character will get nerfed to the ground before this game even sees open beta.  

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
26. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 14:42 InBlack

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 13:22:
Was looking to buy Project Cars until I found out my wheel wasnt supported on the PS4. All because Logitech would not put the effort in to make it work with the new console. So they can take their G29 and shove it up their ass. I'm buying the competitions wheel, who worked with Sony so their old wheels worked on the PS4.

Get it for the PC. it works fine there. The game looks, and plays much better on the PC anyway.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
1. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 11, 2015, 10:09 InBlack

Looks like a fun character  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2015, 06:53 InBlack

And how is that going for them?? As far as Corrupt Fat Cats go, Dotcom could only wish he had the connections that Blatter has...  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
15. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 06:48 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 05:53:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 23:03:
Uhh, yeah. There's nothing P2W about it.
Other than the entire business model. Hiding characters behind a paywall makes it P2W, something that Dota 2 doesn't do. Sure you can acquire them through gold but players that spend real money on the game have an advantage.

Valve got the business model just right with Dota 2, whereas HotS is all about grind and microtransactions.

Spoken with all the knowledge and experience of 0 minutes of playing HOTS. I have played the game for a few months now, and have yet to spend a single cent on it.

If anything this game is P2L or Pay to Lose, since people who cant be bothered to learn the characters, and mechanics of the game and simply use real money for everything will suck completely and utterly with it.

Also lol at the grind comment, I spend very little time on this game, perhaps half an hour on average each day and yet have managed to acquire nearly half the heroes currently available and have never felt even close to the frustration with some other F2P games which shall remain nameless. Compared to most F2P games, there is very little grind here.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:49:
Bundy wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:49:
Maybe I'm just jaded. I work in the oil and gas industry, the stuff she was dealing with is nothing. My coworker in accounts payable told me once that one of the shop guys just walked into her office and offered her $1000 for sex. Like it was no big thing. She said no, and he just walked out, no biggie.

You're not jaded, I worked as an apprentice 20 years ago. I had the secretary of the company we worked for offer me something similar. I was 15 at the time(AoC was 14 then she was 23). Did a couple of jobs out in Alberta a few years ago, one at a coal mine, same thing happened and a friend who works for Telus had a similar proposition from two different women at a government office. It's sure not limited to men.

As for Herr Pao, half the jury I believe was asian female and if I remember right they were not thrilled about her.

Hey there good-lookin, pics or it didn't happen.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 3, 2015, 02:48 InBlack

George Orwell is spinning in his grave. How right he was! and how wrong! Right in predicting the coming of the surveillance state, wrong in thinking that it would be an evil communist empire. The Shining Beacon of Freedom and Capitalism, turns out is not really that shiny after all...or that free.  

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
34. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 3, 2015, 02:41 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 18:29:
FO3 was such garbage compared to FO:NV...

so yeh, non-plussed

Agreed. *yawn*

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 18:13:
Good. Hope Sepp gets nailed by the feds along with his cronies.

Is he a US citizen? If he isn't then that's very doubtful, I think the guys that they nabbed were all US nationals or ex-pats.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2015, 03:42.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:31:
Nobody except Russia annexed an area in a sovereign country. So whatever the case, Russia is the evil in this painting of Cold War 2 - The Making Of

Thats a very naive way of looking at things. Good & Evil have nothing to do with it, Russia is simply trying to assert it's dominance in its backyard. They want to become a relevant player again in international affairs. It's politics, nothing more, nothing less. Sure that means didlly squat to the Ukranians, who are getting royaly fucked but when you look back when did that EVER stop any country in history??? The winners always end up (re)writing history anyway, so that future generations can grow up thinking that their cause was 'just'...what a load of BS...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 02:12 InBlack

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:45:
Yeah I have been playing this quite a bit as well. It's a lot of fun.

The only slight downside right now is a lot of people are trying to play it like it's LoL/DOTA2. They split up and try to "lane" and stuff when really this is pretty much an objective based 5v5 game.

So far I haven't really ran into any toxic players during closed and open beta, but I'm sure they will ruin it sooner or later.

/facepalm

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 09:37 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:33:
Game reviewers are journalists? Heh. Yeah. Sure. Most journalists aren't even real journalists.

No reason why they couldn't at least aspire to some kind of work ethic. Anything really would be better than what we have now, which is in my opinion basically a 'clique' of hip kids with a talent for making shit up as they go along and enjoying that clickbait ad money.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 09:32 InBlack

I don't think he mentioned it or brought it up with any motive or thought, however I agree that his update on his stance on gamergate wasn't really necessary and did not contribute in any way to the article.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:21:
That Polygon article was one of the worst I've ever read. It's astonishing that anyone could be so self-absorbed as to make the entire article about them. They don't deserve their job.

Unless its their job to be self-absorbed and bring hits to the site though controversy and click-baiting. Pretty much the MO for anything Ive glanced at on the Polygon. Truly an abysmal 'gaming' site.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue [Dragnet] Jun 2, 2015, 09:07 InBlack

I feel I have to comment on that "Big Trouble in Litle China" remake story. Now I like Mr. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, he has some of that Arnold charisma, but....please NO. Stop right there!

First of all these are not the 80's so no racist jokes allowed and second of all, there is no way that anyone can step in Kurt Russell's shoes. No fucking way. Sorry Mr. Johnson, but your charisma can only take you so far.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 08:55 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 08:38:
He was on a good run, until he brought Gamer Gate into this...

Oh wow Earaser, did you even read the article? He mentions Gamergate in passing and doesnt touch on any of the agenda one way or another. It's actually a very critical look on the work ethics of journalism in gaming media and you fail it for mentioning a word?

He clarifies his position in an update later, but his position doesn't in any way diminish or touch on anything that was written in said article.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2015 This Month
1. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2015 This Month Jun 2, 2015, 08:48 InBlack

Yep, this one is gonna brake some sales records thats for sure!  

9029 Comments. 452 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo