Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8686 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 8, 2015, 06:35 InBlack

Its not You Microsoft, it's me.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
18. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Why would you announce an expansion a month before you release your game? Kind of shooting themselves in the foot with that one, those who are buying the game wont care one way or the other, but those on the fence will probably wait and see what the deal is and maybe wait for a later more complete or cheaper edition of the game. So in effect you are losing some sales with this shit. Puzzling...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2015, 12:27 InBlack

SimplyMonk wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 11:03:
Axis wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 10:06:
S3 of HoC was not near as good as the first two.

There were individual episodes I enjoyed, but yeah. As a whole it felt like nothing really happened and the end made me go "Is that it?"

Felt more like the entire season was just setup for some awesome stuff to happen next season.

Yeah sort of. The Putin, sorry Petrov, arc was fun though.

News Comments > Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises
5. Re: Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises Apr 3, 2015, 09:33 InBlack

descender wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 09:28:
lol... 2 because he didn't actually misspell anything?

I opened this wing up last night, for free using my free gold. Can't complain about new free cards really.

I've said it before, grinding for "legendary rank" is exactly as shitty as it sounds. I don't know why people gravitate towards "ranked" queues in any game and expect to have "fun" at the same time... seems to be a conflict of interests.

It's probably fun for the ~30 people in the world that are competing for the top tourney spots and that's about it... everyone else you face is basically a netdeck copy of a copy.

IMO, Arena is where this game excels and is the only game mode worth bothering with on a regular basis. I only ever play ranked/casual to earn the few gold I need to play my next arena match. You get to play with new cards every time so it never gets stale, and it lends to much more dynamic strategies than the metagame you find in the ranked queue.

Yeah Arena is fun, but even that starts to grate after a while. Especially when you need to grind the gold to enter it.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
1. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 09:18 InBlack

Bye bye Onlive! See you in about 10 years or so.  

3. Re: Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises Apr 3, 2015, 07:12 InBlack

Jonjonz wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 07:10:
What kind of loser does one have to be to be one of the suckers that plays this? You might as well just burn you cash for entertainment.

2/10

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
71. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 3, 2015, 06:23 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 04:39:
InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 02:57:
I wish someone was still making CRT monitors. Those were the shit. Wish I could get a wide screen CRT monitor that runs 1080p at 100Hz. CRTs beat the shit out of any and all LCDs I have ever seen or will probably ever see, both in image quality and refresh rate.

Plasma?

I have seen Plasma TV's, I even have one at home (however it's latency is shit and its only 720p). I have yet to see a Plasma PC monitor. Do they make those?

News Comments > BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming
23. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 3, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Joss wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 14:56:
I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
Love that fucking movie! All hail John Carpenter!

Indeed. That film in particular is a singular masterpiece.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
69. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 3, 2015, 02:57 InBlack

I wish someone was still making CRT monitors. Those were the shit. Wish I could get a wide screen CRT monitor that runs 1080p at 100Hz. CRTs beat the shit out of any and all LCDs I have ever seen or will probably ever see, both in image quality and refresh rate.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow
19. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 3, 2015, 02:47 InBlack

They should have just stuck with how it was done in AD&D 2.5, bad character builds and all. Not saying that they should have copied the ruleset 1/1, but from what Ive seen of the game its mostly that way anyway. Got the game two days ago. Wish I had more time to play it...  

1. Re: Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises Apr 3, 2015, 02:28 InBlack

Im sick of how Blizzard has consistently nerfed the drop rate of purple and legendary cards and these P2W expansions are excercises in frustration. I did buy the Naxx expansion, and I liked the last 'free' expansion but the climb up the ladder to legendary is for kids or no-lifers. No time, or patience left for Blizzard's worst grind machine.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 2, 2015, 09:37 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 05:42:
InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 03:25:
Let me get this straight. Businesses in the USA can't turn a customer down? Like ever? If they do they can get sued?? No wonder that the entire world thinks that americans are a mix between unicorns and assholes. This is insane.

I consider myself fairly progressive, so can someone explain to me how this is a liberal law?

This law is essentially a Jim Crow law against gay people. When the right uses a "religious freedom" argument for laws like this, the law isn't protecting the individual's right to practice his or her religion unfettered, it's so that the individual can foist his religion onto others. When a baker refuses to make a cake for a gay couple because they are gay, not only are they discriminating, they are also pressuring those gay people to adhere to the baker's religious beliefs. Such laws pretty clearly violate the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment, but unfortunately the SCOTUS is stacked with conservative religious ideologues so they ignore that amendment and find in favor of Hobby Lobby.

Yeah but say he refused to bake the cake for some other reason? I don't know. Because he didnt like the look of them. Or maybe he thought they were insolvent and wouldn't be able to afford the cake? Or etc. etc.
Thats also discrimination right??

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2015, 09:31 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 08:54:

Still loved it though, warts and all.

Yeah. Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to Sci-Fi today. Still, it sure as hell ain't no 2001 Space Odissey, thats for sure.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2015, 03:34 InBlack

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 23:26:
I had much the same thought on Interstellar. My group was enjoying it right up to the black hole scene, and we were watching it on Imax so that was particularly impressive. Then all "that" happened and it went too far off the rails for all of us. So close yet so far.

A very large, supermassive black hole with a huge event horizon could in fact allow matter to enter the event horizorn without stretching it into infinity. What exactly happens within is anyone's guess though.

Im disregardng the fact that the radiation from the accretion disk alone would fry a grown man within seconds, within a light year.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 2, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 23:50:
I actually think Google is making me dumber. Instead of remembering stuff in my head, I just remember how to find it.

This. There is a lot of truth to this.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
5. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 03:31 InBlack

With 100% less GFWL. Pure win.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 04:01 InBlack

Also. There was no reason to be a complete douchebag with your reply. It was an honest question.  

14. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 03:40:
InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 03:02:
Beamer, I realize that Cutter posted a disparaging and probably offensive comment directed at Sarkeesian. There is very little (if any) sexual context attached to the comment as I see it, so how is it sexist? He is basically telling someone off. Someone who is female, which is why he used a female pronoun. Is it because he called her honey? I honestly want to know, Im not trying to bait you or anything.
Where did he riff on her sexuality?

The fact that this even needs explaining shows how far a lot gamers (particularly certain frequent posters on Blues) need to go in getting in touch with the real world.

When a male refers to an adult female who he doesn't know and has no personal relationship with as "honey," "sweetie," "sugar," "cupcake," or any other term that implies females aren't human but instead a tasty treat awaiting consumption, it is called "casual sexism." They are throwaway labels designed to reinforce the dominant power relationship of men over women by implying that women should be "nice girls" while guys have the prerogative to be asshats.

In the real world, if I were to refer to a female co-worker by any of those terms, the least I could expect would be an icy stare. Worst case scenario, I'd be called up to the boss for a talking-to and likely be required to take one of those god-awful online sexual harassment seminars.

In short, calling a female you've never met "honey" is sexist and offensive. I have no doubt Cutter intended his comment that way.

Did that clarify things for you?

What happens if it's a girl calling a guy honey, or sweetie or things of that nature. I frequently get it from waitresses and the like, due to my 'youthful' looks. I don't find it offensive, on the contrary. Is that sexist? Should I be offended? When is it ok for society to tell us what should offend us and how we should percieve tings and when is it taboo? One day you will wake up and you will hate the world you live in and the rules you are forced to follow in the name of 'insert stupid ideology here'. Im all for equality, between races, sexes, animals, bacteria, whatever. What I loathe is when others presume to tell me that some are more equal than others.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 04:12.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Let me get this straight. Businesses in the USA can't turn a customer down? Like ever? If they do they can get sued?? No wonder that the entire world thinks that americans are a mix between unicorns and assholes. This is insane.

I consider myself fairly progressive, so can someone explain to me how this is a liberal law?

12. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 03:02 InBlack

Beamer, I realize that Cutter posted a disparaging and probably offensive comment directed at Sarkeesian. There is very little (if any) sexual context attached to the comment as I see it, so how is it sexist? He is basically telling someone off. Someone who is female, which is why he used a female pronoun. Is it because he called her honey? I honestly want to know, Im not trying to bait you or anything.
Where did he riff on her sexuality?

8686 Comments. 435 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo