Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Kick Ass 2 Next Month
6. Re: Kick Ass 2 Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 09:26 InBlack

Ludomancer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:19:
It's worth a download, or a rental or whatever avenue of access you can get, but it's only mildly entertaining and not as good as the first. It's a typical hollywood sequel.

InBlack wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:09:
Ive seen the first movie and was suitably entertained. Is the second one any good?

Ah, ok. Thanks for that, guess Ill be skipping it.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kick Ass 2 Next Month
3. Re: Kick Ass 2 Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 09:09 InBlack

Ive seen the first movie and was suitably entertained. Is the second one any good?  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
53. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 23, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

CrushBug wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 14:05:
I think there's like 6 seconds of gameplay here.

Yeah, it was unfortunate that they named it a gameplay trailer. It was all in-engine footage, though. Frostbite FTW.

What do you mean 'they' who's they? Shouldnt it be 'we'? You dont work at Bioware/EA anymore?? (Its ok to hate the marketing guys, it really is)

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2014, 05:24.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month
5. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 03:56 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 19:45:
The only thing that boggles my mind more than people wanting to go to this is paying that sort of money for it. Boggles. The. Mind.

Yeah same here. Whats even worse is that whenever I visit the bnet forums I keep wanting to vomit from the absolute despicability of most of the people who post there. Its absolutely impossible to post anything of any intelligent meaning there without getting completely trolled and pissed on at every turn of phrase. Getting to meet some of those people in real life?? for 750$? Not even if Jesus came down from Heaven and asked me nicely, thank you very much...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2014, 09:36 InBlack

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 08:55:
Happy Earth Day! Here's hoping you got the Earth something nice to mark the occasion...

I'm drinking a bottled water right now, does that count?

Yeah, if you count helping someone make an easy buck as helping Earth.
As far as the Earth is concerned though, I would say that its probably indifferent to humans rather than actually, well good for them.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

If you disregard the company statement, that Wi-Fi article is about as long as the heading.

/facepalm

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
4. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

GRID1 was a great game. With all the assists turned off and with a quality wheel it was incredibly hard & FUN. GRID2 not so much. So this is indeed welcome news.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2014, 10:22 InBlack

Desalus wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 09:36:
It seems as if corporate executives live in a world with different rules/standards than the rest of us. Being fired and getting a severance of $58 million...absolutely ridiculous. Angry

Agree 100%.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
21. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 18, 2014, 06:13 InBlack

Darks wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:10:
I get what they are trying to do, but letís be realistic first of all. CRT was a way of life when those movies were made. No one had any clue or idea about flat panels or touch screens. This is the same thing that happened with Star Wars and the old Innovated technology when Lucas brought Star Wars up-to-date with the newer looking tech.

I personal feel these guys went in the wrong direction with this on the tech screens. This move takes place a few hundred years into the future. Just imagine what Tech will be like then.

It certainly isnít going to be some crappy ass CRT screens.

CRTs and old-school Tube Electronics are much more resistant to hard radiation compared to transistor based electronics. Fact. Space is full of hard radiation whether stellar or cosmic. Fact.

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
29. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 18, 2014, 06:04 InBlack

Tom wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 16:57:
After recent events I could no longer refrain from trying the alpha to see for myself. Make no mistake. Elite: Dangerous is the real deal. This is the first worthwhile space combat sim in decades. It's still only an alpha and there are a bunch of rough edges. But, looking at what they've accomplished so far and the design decisions they've made, I can tell they have the capability to execute. This capability is something that must extend from top to bottom in order to produce a result like this. It's there and it's real.

They may need some help on the netcode/back-end. That's probably the biggest potential trouble spot I see.

It's going to be very interesting to see how things play out between this and Star Citizen. I certainly didn't expect this a year ago. Now, perhaps in another year the tables will have been turned again. Wow! To have such exciting times, after decades of just nothing.. it's amazing.

I thought Elite: Dangerous was primarily a single-player game with traditional multiplayer? Am I wrong about this, have they gone down the MMO route? (Please say no, please say no, please say no)

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Yeah looks great. Still one major thing is nagging me. Where is the game in here? Trying to survive against an Alien on a giant spaceship sounds like scary fun. Once or twice. If its a 3 hour survival horror game that costs 60$ and has no replay value....Dunno. Im going to wait for reviews, which is the smart thing to do anyway.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Blue wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:21:
nin wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:14:
Happy Good Friday to all who are celebrating. Though actually, most people I know celebrate most Fridays as being pretty good, so we probably have this pretty well covered.

Whaaaa? Guess it's not just me wishing...

It's like the old George Carlin throwaway... "Check his calendar."

Must be great to wake up every day unsure about what day of the week it is
I have to admit I only feel like that when Im on leave from work.

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
3. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Jivaro wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:20:
I don't know about the shares bit, out of my wheelhouse, but the acquisition of the rights to the Elite franchise is great news for this project.

Hang on, how did they end up making a game called Elite, without first securing the rights for the name?? Isnt this happening assbackwards?? Can someone clarify?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2014, 04:33 InBlack

I for the life of me dont understand how come regulars here on Blues dont understand why some of us here have a very skeptic outlook with regards to the development of Starcitizen? What's with all the yes men?? Since when did this turn into a fanboy site??? None of you is new here so what gives??

If you dont like the discussion then by all means dont participate, but resorting to adhominem attacks because some of us feel strongly about the subject matter is pathetic. Like I and many others have already stated, the reason why we are negative and skeptical about SC is because the propaganda pouring out of RSI as well as the money pouring in is nothing short of incredible.

*disclaimer VGReagle's cut and paste posts are beyond retarded. I have no idea why he does that, unless he wants to discredit us skeptics who have valid concerns....

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2014, 04:44.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2014, 10:31 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:06:
I can't even say Ant-Man without laughing. I guess everything Marvel does prints money no matter how bad it is so perhaps the joke is on me.

Same here. The comics hollywood craze is really getting ridiculous/annoying. Although I would love to see a film get made about the fictional comic book hero Sea-Man. Yeah Id pay money to see that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 10:26 InBlack

panbient wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:13:
nin wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 08:53:
Halo, Destiny composer Marty O'Donnell fired by Bungie.

Like to know what happened there, as he's claiming "without cause"...

Sounds like a financial decision more than anything. "Without cause" means through no fault of the employee and doesn't tarnish their reputation for future work within the industry. In Canada being terminated "without cause" also affords the former employee the chance to draw unemployment benefits from the government while they look for other work or retrain / develop new skills, not entirely sure how it works out state side, but I can't see it being a negative mark on the employee.

As for the potential political angle, I doubt it, a personal clash would have happened years ago. After 15 years on the job I'd expect their salary was on the higher end of the spectrum. Again, more of a financial decision than a personal one. At a time when AAA development costs keep going up and up it seems odd to keep a composer on staff rather than contracting out as necessary (or simply licensing music) as a product nears release. That's not to say music doesn't add to a game's experience, but unless you're playing a rhythm game it's not a vital component of the product.

Agree completely with the first paragraph and part of the second one. However licencing music is fairly expensive (depending on who you licence it from). A cheaper alternative would be to have someone compose original music, which is why most films/games/TV have original music scores. However if you have someone on a salary and that person does 6 months of work for a game thats in development for 5 years, well that would be fairly expensive obviously depending on the salary.

I completely disagree that music is NOT a vital component of the product. Ok this might be a subjective thing, but to name one example the first Diablo wouldnt have achieved cult status without the brilliant soundtrack...

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2014, 10:40.

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
17. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:55:
djinn wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 08:53:
Looked at the actual stats graph. Didn't a lot of these games come with bundles like Orange Box etc? You buy the bundle for the good stuff and end up getting a lot of stuff you don't need or want.
I bought the Orange Box bundle. Never installed and therefore never played Team Fortress 2.

You are missing out. Its quite a lot of fun.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

rofl...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
132. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 16, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

Thanks Mr. not-employed-by-CR, that was informative.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:17:
you know what's a shitty turn of events? when fans of a certain game won't bother going into the comments for said game to have discussions with other fans because it's a foregone conclusion that the first, oh, 40 posts are going to be nothing but trolls and haters who know next to nothing about the game doing nothing but shitting on it. for seemingly no other reason than to prevent anyone from liking it just because they don't. and it amazes me how much energy these guys have; every. fucking. post, the warm, foul smelling drivel from these guys is relentless. trolling i get; they get tired/bored quickly and move on. but for these clowns it's an endless campaign of hate that serves no purpose other than to belie how ridiculously invested they are in the failure of a game. a motherfucking game! i don't get it! rant over!

The only hate I sense is coming directly from you. The dark side is strong in that one...

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo