Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8547 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2015, 05:13 InBlack

Well said NKD. However I really do hope that the FBI gets involved directly in Wu and Sarkesian's cases. I have serious doubts about their claims of (real life) death threats and intimidation, the FBI will not take kindly to someone who is leading them on.

Oh, and by the way. Go die in a fire. (Oh noes! Now Im one of those internet criminals!)

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
11. Re: Project CARS Delayed Mar 12, 2015, 03:20 InBlack

If I wasn't into DCS so much, id probably be into iRacing. It really is that good.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 11, 2015, 10:43 InBlack

Google is an even worse offender. I have no doubt in my mind that most of the 'smart' code that the NSA uses to parse and filter through the zetabytes of data it collects daily is based and developed in conjuction with the search engine and their engineers.  

17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 10:20 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 10:07:
Right wing isn't a pejorative no matter how much you want it to be.

Right or wrong when I think of 'right-wing' the associations that spring to mind are not the nicests of kinds. All throughout history in the west, those on the 'right' side of politics always represented a very dehumanising force. For the life of me I can't think of a single right-wing politician that I liked, except for Putin maybe. And even though he is likeable, he is a downright evil bastard.

P.S. Sorry for off-topic.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
31. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 10:07 InBlack

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 09:30:
Comet wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 08:10:
Thing is, if you like their idea great. If not just move along.

Problem is they don't get what made descent great. The kinds of shit they talk about and the "features" give it away. It's going to be a steaming pile if it gets funded. I'm praying it doesn't.

The original creators had a hard enough time with descent 3. No doubt they are going to make it newb friendly and fuck up what made descent, descent. The limits on ship turn speed and other things like burners. you have to get mathematical properties right or else the game won't work. It's the same thing that happened to descent 3.

This is why Descent 2 is considered the pinnacle of Descent.

I agree. When you create a full 6-dof game in a zero gravity environment, you better make sure you get Newtonian motion down to a T! Things like inertia, ship mass etc. I doubt they will ever do anything but a very simplified flight model, but a man can hope can't he?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2015, 10:01 InBlack

Shit. If Obsidian goes under, who is going to do a decent followup to the mediocre Fallout4?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Nothing new there. The NSA spies on everyone, apparently without any regard for the Constitution, US Allies, international law etc. etc. *yawn*

That's what spy agencies do. They spy on other spy agencies, nations, corporations etc. etc.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2015, 03:34 InBlack

Death is the end. The End.  

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 03:27 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 20:57:
We are fighting a war on the street.

I know its a figure of speech but this is disturbing. If policemen feel they are in danger 24/7 they are much more likely to use excessive force.

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
10. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 11, 2015, 03:10 InBlack

verybad1 wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 01:09:
Why in the hell AREN'T they doing a WH40K Total War, that's what everyone wants.

Im guessing the main reason is because the Warhammer setting is much simpler to realise in a Total War engine/game.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 10:03 InBlack

I predict that the Apple watch is going to be one of those Apple failures that get swept under the rug quitely and without much fuss, six months from now.

Apple fanbois are going to buy one, but there arent that many of those despite what the Iphone sales numbers tell you. The Iphone sells well because its a good phone, not just because its Apple.

This is a mediocre watch at best, and a terrible accessory (since it doesnt work without one) an Iphone at worst.

Fail.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 10, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

I don't see how you can state that something as profound as depth perception in our interaction with our virtual selves can be seen as gimmicky???!!

That's like saying that natural selection produced two eyes as a gimmick!!

You do realize that people need to learn to walk before they run? At some point you might not need to strap on a chunky ski-mask to experience full 3d, but we need to get there somehow. I swear you gotta to be the most consistent naysayer on these boards like ever. Why be reasonable, when you can be Cutter?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 10, 2015, 08:08 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 07:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 23:29:
Dagnamit wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 23:20:
The problem is hardware, but I gots that. So yeah, a niche, but it's MY niche. Dig?

The killer apps for VR are probably live sporting events and movies. That's when the masses get onboard. Courtside seats from my living room would be cool.

I dig like a spigot. That's groovy like a drive-in movie. Beatnik

But really? A VR helmet strapped to your head for hours on end? And I've heard this claim about courtside seats. How in the hell would that work at a live event? I actually sat courtside once at the one and only NBA game I've even been to and it was pretty annoying what with all the shoes squeaking all the time.

Have you ever actually worn a recent model? VR helmets are not what they were 20 years ago. You can quite comfortably wear one for quite awhile.

I wonder if Cutter can 'see' in 3d. Maybe that is why he is so skeptical. Cutter can you experience depth? I have a friend who scoffs at 3d movies and anything 3d related so when I probed him further about it, apparently he doesnt have proper depth perception.

I for one am buying the Rift (or one of it's competitors) as soon as they release a decent hi-res version that's going to be usable in flight sims. The biggest obstacle in flight simming is always situational awareness and target tracking, something that is much harder in a sim environment where you lack depth perception. Yes this is a niche market but so is the enthusiast graphics card market, or the luxury car market, etc. etc.

The device will have a profound impact on gaming, at least enthusiast gaming at first.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
77. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 10, 2015, 04:21 InBlack

Well put Dimitri. Most of us here on Blues have been around the block, so to speak, a few times and follow the business of the hobby as much as the hobby itself. I wouldnt call it being cynical though. Cynic is an optimist's word for Realist. Yeah, so excuse me for reading the writing on the wall...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
72. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Mar 10, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

Hey Zor. So when will Suadron42 ship? The whole squadron42?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 03:19 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 18:16:
You guys probably already know, but I am slow. Walking Dead signed on for a 2 year prequel.

Greaaat. Not.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 10:08 InBlack

Having binge watched House of Cards over the weekend (got three or four episodes left) I have to seriously disagree with that Washington Post article.

Apart from one point which it nails, (about the Amworks program) the rest is just conjecture and opinion.

Great show, yes it's mildly over the top but is it really that hard to imagine a sociopathic politican rising to the top through nefarious means?? It's not like history is chock-full of them is it?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 9, 2015, 09:56 InBlack

Yep, makes perfect sense.  

50. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 09:17 InBlack

loomy wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 09:08:
so in a month they're releasing 3 new parts of the game: team death match, ender's game, and a city. 3 new maps with 3 new systems. with a variety of new character models and weapons. added to the current selection of several maps and game modes and ships.

and the next 9 months of the schedule are explicitly laid out, with the first version of the single player game arriving at month 9.

sounds like some good progress, right guys!!!

All I ever wanted from Star Citizen? Squadron42. Yes, a single player space sim action adventure in the vein of Wing Commander, or Freespace for example. What am I getting with Star Citizen?

Episode 1 MAYBE at the end of 2015 with the subsequent four, YES FOUR episodes being released at some point before I die of old age. You know because episodic single player games are all the fucking rage after the huge success of the Half Life Episodes....

So something that was to be the number 1 priority of the original Kickstarter of this game was somehow during development pushed to last place, surprise surprise?! Right? Because you know building missions and game assets is hard when you compare it to selling virtual 3d models for real money.

So Ive just got one thing left to say to you Loomy. Go peddle your snake oil somewhere else. I for one am sick of it.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2015, 09:30.

47. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 06:58 InBlack

Yeah I know

I guess I couldn't resist the irony of a Star Citizen 'believer' defending a no-refund policy of a game that's still in development. One that could in theory remain in development until the heat death of the universe.

8547 Comments. 428 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo