Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection Source Code
1. Re: Natural Selection Source Code Jan 22, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

Its been a while since I played NS2. Have they added any bigger areas, levels, vehicles etc?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
3. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Argh...Organizations. As in Corps from Eve?? So can we hang out in our hangers admire each others 'ships' and /emote like in WoW? Cos that would be cool. Much cooler than flying in space or anything...  

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
1. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

I would take their money. Especially if it involves nudity of some sort. I would still trashtalk them on Blues though...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Even worse than the anti-vaccination crazies is the the horrible overperscription of antibiotics nearly everywhere in the world. A few days ago I read a report that 60% of all antibiotic perscriptions are completely unecessary. In twenty or thirty years we will have antibiotic resistant superbugs everywhere. Worst of all the pharmas cant keep up, the bugs are mutating at a much faster rate than new antibiotics are being created. Combine this with ever denser populations and you have a recipe for disaster.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
24. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 07:40 InBlack

Whiskers wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 06:52:
It can definitely take a while to get specific cards, but it's fun. It really depends on what mode you play. If you read some guides on what cards are good to use in the Arena mode, you can get a lot of gold and cards early on. Arena mode is pretty random, but you are given chances to use cards you don't have.

Casual and ranked can become frustrating, as a lot of the people have very gimmicky decks that try for 1 big combo. That or they have several of the big legendary cards. The nice thing about casual is that if you are getting destroyed you can just quit and play against someone else and you don't lose anything. I typically just wait until I have a couple daily quest and then play until I complete those to get gold. Haven't spent a dime on the game and I've been playing it for 3 months.

Thanks.

20. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 06:44 InBlack

How slow, grindy is it? How long would you have to play to get a decent deck? (Without spending money)  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2014, 04:01 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 13:18:
I still say there's no point to charging corporate taxes, because corporations can get around them by pushing jobs out of the country.

Essentially, it incentivizes offshoring.

Corporations shouldn't be people, and shouldn't be taxed. Tax the people. Tax the money as it goes through from corporations to employees, not consumers to corporations. I mean, a CEO has no issue sending jobs overseas, but will never send his own.

This actually makes a lot of sense. With one caveat. Salaries are already taxed. Increasing the tax on the salaries will only push salaries down and more jobs overseas.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2014, 06:47.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 21:34:
It's good to see the FBI apparently has nothing else to do?

I hope that guy sues the living shit out of everybody.

Its good to know that criminals are getting what they rightly deserve!

18. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 03:53 InBlack

Ok now Im confused.  

News Comments > Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released
7. Re: Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released Jan 22, 2014, 03:52 InBlack

Since Im getting too old for multiplayer shooters, especially ones so tactically deep as Arma, Im going to wait for this game to be released before actually buying it. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later as I rather enjoyed the single player campaign of Operation Flashpoint (the first one).  

16. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

So its not F2P? They shouldnt advertise it as such then. Do they have booster packs where you pay and dont know what youre getting too??? Have fun, with that. Im gonna go stand in the corner there with P.T. Barnum.  

14. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 03:11 InBlack

Bhruic wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 03:00:
You really can't be competitive without spending money. There are plenty of "expert" cards that will just wreck your deck, and you won't have any good way of fighting back. So it's fine if you don't mind losing more than you win, but if you want to be winning, you'll have to buy cards.

I was waiting for a post like this. I dont have anything against properly done F2P games, but games that require you to spend money to have an edge over an opponent?? Puke

An obligatory fuck those Blizzard losers!!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 21, 2014, 10:12 InBlack

What use are these fucking documents when the most important information, like who is being investigated, for what reason, and why is [REDACTED]?????!!!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 10:07 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 09:38:
To save someone else the time, that Nintendo thing from Slashdot has nothing new to add.

Thanks Verno. Time saved!

News Comments > Metacritic Analysis
17. Re: Metacritic Analysis Jan 21, 2014, 03:23 InBlack

Do you even understand how averages are clacualted and the law of large numbers?

So with regards to my OP, QED.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 21, 2014, 03:19 InBlack

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 22:47:
Damnit, now I need to watch Spaceballs again.

Ludicrous speed.....Go!

Is there a Major Asshole on board?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 10:32 InBlack

JFK, MLK and Bobby Kennedy were all shot and killed in the same decade. There hasnt been a progressive politician in the US of their ilk since. Its worth a thought or two.  

News Comments > Metacritic Analysis
2. Re: Metacritic Analysis Jan 20, 2014, 10:25 InBlack

I agree. But there are always people who will scream 'conspiracy theory' and refuse to believe/trust/understand the very simple mathematical process that governs the whole process.  

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
5. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 10:15 InBlack

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 09:47:
No wonder so many games are going this way

I haven't even heard of #1. Is it big in Asia or have I been under a rock?

Yeah I guess I was under the same rock, never heard of No1. Suprised that TF2 is that low on the list, but then again its been around for ages...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2014, 04:38 InBlack

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 23:21:
Dev wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 18:15:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 14:48:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 14:24:
And yet they know China is spying and stealing state and corporate secrets, not pegging their currency, etc. and its still business as usual with them. What a fucking joke.

Never bite the hand that feeds you. Corporations are earning billions because of China, therefore the government apparatus will not rock the boat with China. America doesn't do what's right, they only serve their own self interest.
Dude, its not the corporations that are the biggest issue. The issue is that if china merely stops buying our new debt every month (they don't even have to sell off any of their holdings), we'd be screwed.
And that's only a problem because of the massive deficits we've gotten so used to running.

Yes I understand that, I was just over simplifying it. You do know that China buys (parks) it's money in US treasury because the US consumer is a major driving factor in their economy, to the tune of over 300 billion a year... and that part of the US deficit is directly related to that huge import\export imbalance... and the whole thing is related directly to US corporations.

I'm no international economist, but this is the picture I put together based on what's been going on. China opened it's doors to outside investment. American corporations moved their production to China to increase their profit margins, increase, it was done not to make a profit but to make MORE profit. This took a job from an American and gave it to a Chinese person, this also took an American export and turned it into an American import. This puts a huge pressure on the American economy. Not only do you have less employment opportunities (less income taxes) and more unemployed people (more social programs) but you also have a huge trade deficit. So China is buying up American bonds to keep America going so Americans can buy their shit... all so people who do nothing but play with money can make a killing... and the kicker is they move their money offshore so they don't even have to pay their fair share. Corporate America is bankrupting the USA so people with money can make even more money and they own enough politicians to make sure it stays just as it is... although at this point I don't think it's even possible to reverse the trend... but hey maybe that VP will trickle down a fiver or two to the now, what is it, 40 or 50 million Americans who can't make ends meet... meh fucking pisses me off and then you see these same people who got fucked over actually defending these greedy ass mothe... bah humbug, I'm a gonna go play vids.

Id say thats pretty accurate.

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo