Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9020 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage
3. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:30:
Loved the first game XCOM game and this seems like more of the same with some improvements to the UI so right up my alley.

Yep. I think they also mention truly random generated levels this time round, and hopefully some other goodies thrown in for good measure. (Better strategic layer anyone?)

I think that by Xcom3 they might even reach the level of the old Xcom games. At least I hope they will...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
2. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 09:36 InBlack

I have never heard of Shenmue 1 or 2. What is it? Sounds like a name my grandmother would have given to one of her milking cows when she was a little girl living on a farm.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 09:33 InBlack

Happy birthday Mrs. Blue! However creepy these wishes may sound coming from some semi-anonymous online person, they are genuine.

Also, how about that last episode of GOT!?

I have to admit to giving a little chuckle when I saw the faces of some of my non-book-reading buddies.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage
1. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 09:28 InBlack

Awesome sauce! Along with Doom, the only other E3 game Im really excited about and get really warm fuzzy feelings about is this.

The snake 'alien' really looks shit though. I hope its just a gengineered snake, and not an alien.

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
20. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 16, 2015, 08:07 InBlack

Sheep will bleet, until they see the next patch of clovers which taste good, but eventualy just lead to another bout of flatulence and upset stomach(s)...  

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
89. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 16, 2015, 03:06 InBlack

I dunno. I don't care about graphics. I want the Fallout gameplay. New Vegas rubbed that itch pretty solidly, but this game isn't made by Obsidian. Somehow Bethesda always managed to get the atmosphere and setting 'right' with their Elder Scrolls games, but Fallout3 was very hit and miss. More miss than hit really.

Sort of like a famous comedian telling bad jokes. Doesn't get much worse than that...

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 10:43:
Chris Pratt is an egomaniacal idiot. I just saw an article where he basically said he believes that God has singled him out for greatness and his ascent has been fated.

Rolleyes

That could be some really heavy duty sarcasm though. Actors, and especially comedians have been known to pull shit like that. Sounds like something Bill Murray would deadpan away with....

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
36. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 02:28 InBlack

No gameplay. Telling? Probably, because the Witcher3 makes this game look like space putty for toddlers.  

News Comments > For Honor Announced
9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 16, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

If they got the swordplay right, and if there was actual skill involved....

Two many ifs in that sentence...

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
32. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 10:04 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:58:
I'd give it a shot. Looks good, so far. Reminds me of Serious Sam, and that's not a bad thing.

Hell....Reminds me of DOOM1 and 2!!! Also Multiplayer. Doom will suck hard without it. So yeah, multiplayer. And Dedicated Servers. Since this is coming out in 2016 I dont have much hope though...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Guys, you two seem like some of the more intelligent and sensible posters here.

Why would you pay good money to go see Jurassic World???

Do you really like dinosaurs or something?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 15, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 09:37:
Video games are 'better source of physical exercise than playing outside' new study claims.

Clickbait heading of the worst kind. Sometimes I just wanna go, Fuck the Internet!

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
1. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 09:55 InBlack

I don't exactly know why, but I find this little tidbit of information slightly depressing.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
13. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 04:38 InBlack

HOTS is turning out to be a really competitive little game, easy to learn, hard to master. Are you just playing Coop Eraser, because that score you mentioned seems kind of unrealistic...

I average about a 50% win rate, maybe a few percent more. On the Heroes League im way below 50% ATM. Im currently at a point where if one guy fucks up, the entire team loses. The kind of comebacks Eraser mentioned are still possible, but not very likely higher up on the matchmaking ladder.

Don't get me wrong Im enjoying the game, but its got waay more depth and difficulty, once you start getting into it a little bit more.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
2. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 12, 2015, 01:57 InBlack

After watching this video gotta say that I think this character will get nerfed to the ground before this game even sees open beta.  

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
26. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 14:42 InBlack

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 13:22:
Was looking to buy Project Cars until I found out my wheel wasnt supported on the PS4. All because Logitech would not put the effort in to make it work with the new console. So they can take their G29 and shove it up their ass. I'm buying the competitions wheel, who worked with Sony so their old wheels worked on the PS4.

Get it for the PC. it works fine there. The game looks, and plays much better on the PC anyway.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
1. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 11, 2015, 10:09 InBlack

Looks like a fun character  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2015, 06:53 InBlack

And how is that going for them?? As far as Corrupt Fat Cats go, Dotcom could only wish he had the connections that Blatter has...  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
15. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 06:48 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 05:53:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 23:03:
Uhh, yeah. There's nothing P2W about it.
Other than the entire business model. Hiding characters behind a paywall makes it P2W, something that Dota 2 doesn't do. Sure you can acquire them through gold but players that spend real money on the game have an advantage.

Valve got the business model just right with Dota 2, whereas HotS is all about grind and microtransactions.

Spoken with all the knowledge and experience of 0 minutes of playing HOTS. I have played the game for a few months now, and have yet to spend a single cent on it.

If anything this game is P2L or Pay to Lose, since people who cant be bothered to learn the characters, and mechanics of the game and simply use real money for everything will suck completely and utterly with it.

Also lol at the grind comment, I spend very little time on this game, perhaps half an hour on average each day and yet have managed to acquire nearly half the heroes currently available and have never felt even close to the frustration with some other F2P games which shall remain nameless. Compared to most F2P games, there is very little grind here.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:49:
Bundy wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:49:
Maybe I'm just jaded. I work in the oil and gas industry, the stuff she was dealing with is nothing. My coworker in accounts payable told me once that one of the shop guys just walked into her office and offered her $1000 for sex. Like it was no big thing. She said no, and he just walked out, no biggie.

You're not jaded, I worked as an apprentice 20 years ago. I had the secretary of the company we worked for offer me something similar. I was 15 at the time(AoC was 14 then she was 23). Did a couple of jobs out in Alberta a few years ago, one at a coal mine, same thing happened and a friend who works for Telus had a similar proposition from two different women at a government office. It's sure not limited to men.

As for Herr Pao, half the jury I believe was asian female and if I remember right they were not thrilled about her.

Hey there good-lookin, pics or it didn't happen.

9020 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo