Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8898 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
57. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 20, 2015, 05:30 InBlack

Back on topic: Anyone know if these drivers improve stability with the Witcher3? Im using the previous version (I think they were released concurrently with GTAV for the PC) and already had one hard lock after about a 2.5h gameplay session.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

Slick wrote on May 20, 2015, 03:32:
InBlack wrote on May 20, 2015, 02:07:
I'd have to say around 4.5, 5 GB max. HOTS is going on the backburner for a while, until I finish or get bored with the WitcherIII. The open beta and eventual release is very welcome. The game needs a large player base for the matchmaking to work, right now its fubared.

how is it fubared? i've been playing for the last month, and only a handful of times has it taken longer than 60-70 seconds to find a match. once it took 250 seconds, but that was a 1 time anomaly. played maybe 50 matches so far.

Slick.1980 i play a mean hammer

Im not talking technically, that has the typical Blizzard polish. Im talking about matching people of similar skill levels. I play Hero League almost exclusively now, and it's just not working. There are not enough players with a similar Win/Loss record (or rank) so usually one or both teams end up with at least 1 terrible player who ruins the game for everyone else.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
67. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 03:57 InBlack

For me, the Witcher falls somewhere in the middle between action adventure and story driven RPG, with some great worldbuilding and openworld thrown in just for some good measure. It's a strange mix, but if done well (like in this case) it works pretty great. There are very few games that mix and match parts of different genres & turn out pretty great. Bioware comes to mind as a prime example of a developer that has completely streamlined all of their RPGs, but at the same time hasn't added any really new or fun game mechanic or system to make up for it and at the same time has somehow lost all touch with what made their games fun in the first place.

This game makes the third Dragon Age look like Super Mario really...

65. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 02:41 InBlack

jacobvandy wrote on May 20, 2015, 02:27:
The controls in this game are fucking awful. I'm not even talking about KBM vs. gamepad, I mean the fundamental components of character movement and interactions are really off. Calling it clunky is being generous, I don't understand how anyone could give it a perfect or near-perfect score just based on that...

I don't get this particular complaint. The controls work pretty well, they are not the typical press X) autowin button kind of Assasin's Creed) or Press X on cue to chain cool attacks like in Shadows of Mordor (and then autowin), but compared to say the incredibly clunky and shitty controls of GTAV (on foot) they are pretty easy to use (at least with M+K). You need to actually aim with the mouse a bit, and even watch your distance to the oponnent, and most importantly figure out the cues to properly chain attacks all by yourself.

I don't see the clunk.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2015, 03:46.

64. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on May 19, 2015, 19:26:
Funny watching stream, dude accidentally picks up apple, guards from near and far immediately know he took the apple and they will now just take his life, no arrest, no talking it out. As the dude got on the horse to flee the town, the townspeople are screaming in terror because of this. Dude is saying... "It was just an apple!". Yeah these games need to move this tactic forward, how about a non-discrete guard coming up to you and asking for the goods with a fine on top of that?

Thats kind of lame. No, actually it's fucking lame as hell. Didn't try stealing things in my playtime last night, but if they gave the player the ability to steal then there should be some kind of system in place where A) He can either get away with it or B) He can get caught and punished according to the severity of the theft.

What do I know though, maybe in the Witcher's world stealing is considered a capital offense.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews May 20, 2015, 02:21 InBlack

Since when is an artist beholden to anyone else but himself with regards to who or what he includes in any of his art? Critics can love or hate, but the art can't be judged on anything else but its own merit. Sure, there are instances when art is used for a political or social agenda, but thats usually very clear because the artist is the one who decided to push the agenda 'through' his or her art, critics can't push an agenda onto art that doesnt have one it just makes them look stupid.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

I'd have to say around 4.5, 5 GB max. HOTS is going on the backburner for a while, until I finish or get bored with the WitcherIII. The open beta and eventual release is very welcome. The game needs a large player base for the matchmaking to work, right now its fubared.  

54. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 17:41 InBlack

Ok, played for a couple of hours, going through the tutorial and messing about in the first village was fun.

Game froze for me when I wanted to rest or rather 'meditate' for a second time for a couple of hours. Other than that game runs pretty smooth with everything on high and textures on ultra @ 1080p.

My system: i5 3570K@4Ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX760 4GB, Witcher3 on Toshiba 120GB SSD.

So far so good, lets hope the freezes don't happen too often. Oh yeah, didnt download the latest drivers, maybe that has something to do with it.

46. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 13:40 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 13:20:
InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:42:
Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:46:
I'm playing with a gamepad on my HTPC in the living room and its pretty twitchy for sure, I'm going to see about tweaking sensitivity later. Can't agree with you about the graphics at all, I've got everything cranked and fully modded Skyrim never looked this good.

Verno, does the game handle better with a K+M or with a controller? Im seriously bad with controllers, but I would be willing to put the effort in to get to grips with it if its worth it.

I don't know, I'm only using a gamepad with Steam Big Picture since I'm playing on my HTPC in the living room. Game is way too gorgeous for a small screen

Precisely the reason why I want to try the controller!
So? Is it worth it?

42. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 12:42 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:46:
I'm playing with a gamepad on my HTPC in the living room and its pretty twitchy for sure, I'm going to see about tweaking sensitivity later. Can't agree with you about the graphics at all, I've got everything cranked and fully modded Skyrim never looked this good.

Verno, does the game handle better with a K+M or with a controller? Im seriously bad with controllers, but I would be willing to put the effort in to get to grips with it if its worth it.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
5. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 09:26 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:11:
AMDs driver outreach team is notoriously small and hard to get a hold of. Nvidia on the other hand has great relationships with developers and is easy to interact with on a regular basis. I think its a matter of resources and commitment more than anything else. I don't believe devs are purposely crippling performance, especially considering most of them need to optimize for AMD on the console side of things anyway.

It might not be on purpose, there are reports that on games built using the gameworks framework even the GTX 960 is beating the older 780 GTX, which should not be possible. You see the code could be something that is part and parcel of the framework, something that only Nvidia's newest generation of cards takes advantage of, or more nefariously something that lowers the performance on all but the latest Nvidia cards.

If it's the latter & even if smart game developers figure it out, they are still all under NDAs. There is very little AMD can do about this, unless a whistleblower comes forward.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 09:35.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
2. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 09:05 InBlack

If human beings could insert malicious code into their software that could destroy the performance of a rival's piece of hardware (that uses proprietary software) without getting caught, would they do it?

The human answer is yes, yes they would.

Now the only other question is really, what can AMD do about it?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2015, 09:00 InBlack

No need for an apology, I for one understand the human need for sleep.  

13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:56 InBlack

Ok, speed up to 1 Mb/s on average, thats better. Anyone here with a GTX760 (or equivalent) card play the game yet, whats the performance like?  

9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:34 InBlack

Bought on Good old Games, downloading as we speak.

For anyone having low download speeds, download the Good Old Games Downloader and follow the links on the GOG library page to the installer.

Do NOT use Galaxy, it appears that it's fubared at the moment.

Using the GOG Downloader Im getting about 600 Kb/s on average which is about half my full d/l speed but I guess its better than the 100 Kb/s on Galaxy or through the website links.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 08:50.

54. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 05:52 InBlack

Ok that sounds pretty sweet. Easy to use, hard to master. I like it. Thanks Quinn. Shiiit. I think Im buying in...  

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
72. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 05:46 InBlack

Yeah, the 'closets' of Doom1 and 2 were more like army staging areas, opening them or triggering them was usually followed by a "Holy Shit how the fuck am I going to kill 50 Cacodemons and a Cyberdemon!" moment, while the Doom3 garden variety 'closet' was more like "Oh great, another 2-3 Imps just shot their load into my back"...

So basically it's the difference between "fun" and "boring".

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
22. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 05:41 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:40:
InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 03:32:
Thanks, Mashiki....Now people, give us some impressions. Most of all I am interested in the gameplay/combat. From the previews and videos I managed to deduce that the game is gorgeous, that the world is pretty large and that the quests and storyline are aweseome sauce. How is the rest of the game? Is the combat repetitive? Gimmicky? Is the freeform openworld part of the game a myth? Does it play more like an action adventure than an RPG? I need info

Enjoyable, combat is slight different from W2. Enemies are more agile, some stronger and so on. I haven't even left the first area that you start in and have ~9 hours of gameplay in, haven't even discovered everything yet. Just finishing up the quest 'treasure hunt' where you find some lost witcher schematics. I'd say it's still very RPGish, but does have some more actiony elements to it.

So for those that found the W2 lacking, they should enjoy W3.

Oh as for 'is it pretty' yeah it's damned pretty not even using sweetfx yet, fog is done very well, lighting done well. You can see at times where it was downgraded. Also just had my first hardlock while playing, in the inventory screen. Apparently there's quite a few people with the same problem. But I consider that pretty good since it's my first problem in 9 hours.

edit: Ran into something absolutly hilarious, wish I'd been recording it. Anyway, going along hacking up some deserters slice one pretty much in half. And I get a chance to talk to him, what does he say "You're fucked..."

Also if you're playing on the higher difficulties, grab "sun and stars" under the general section it'll make things a bit easier right at the start.

Sounds pretty good so far! Thanks again Mashiki! Let us (read: me) know how 'open-world' it really is once you get out of the first area, there was some concern in some of the previews that you can't just pick up and head in a random direction without wandering into higher level NPCs and monsters (which would be awesome) or without first getting a quest to travel somewhere (which would suck).

52. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

Yo! Thanks for that Quinn, keep it coming. Got some info on the combat? Is it fun or a pain?  

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
69. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 03:38 InBlack

Oh you didn't? Well my bad...For some reason I thought you were defending the terrible game design of Doom3, somehow justifying it's use because it frees up resources. Hey you know what else frees up resources? Not having Doom3 installed on my hard drive...  

8898 Comments. 445 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo