Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6670 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2014, 06:27 InBlack

22. I was being really honest.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 24, 2014, 06:24 InBlack

Any religion that claims its view of the world is the ONLY possible or absolute truth is evil.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 24, 2014, 04:16 InBlack

McDowell is the Man! Also I loved the voice actors of both Oblivion and Skyrim. Obviously Im talking about the main NPCs here, as the random NPCs would kind of grate after a while. Still I liked the fact that Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica is General Tulius!!

In any case ES:O is going to turn out shit. And no amount of voiceover talent will save that cookie cutter piece of shit MMO.

Bring on the next in house single-player ES game! Bring it!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
11. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 23, 2014, 10:47 InBlack

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 10:28:
The only MMO that I would actually consider is a modernized (technology wise) UO reboot. Not that care bear UO in it's last few years of life, but the original, hardcore world where virtually anything goes. I remember some dam fun times getting into battles with PvP'ers, exciting and scary, but kept me coming back for more. Other than that, I agree these MMO's have become quite boring.

Agreed. Its interesting how there was all this creativity and brilliance in game design in the 90's which was severly hampered by technological restrictions, but now that the technology is here everyone just seems to want to make Angry Birds, Candy Crush Saga and clones of WoW....

Humanity fucking sucks sometimes.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 23, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

Task wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:28:
The interviewer grinded until one arrow destroyed a Dragon in Skyrim... why does that not happen in any Elder Scrolls I play? Sounds like a mod to me. I'm at level freakin' 40 in that game just using axes and shields and I still can't one hit anything, more like 30+ hits while I end up with 1/4 of my health after just one encounter. Its the same shit that made me stop playing Oblivion as I leveled up I could no longer survive ANY encounter as a light armor thief/assassin characters - One Cave Bear paw swipe, dead. Fun.

Oblivion is (in)famous for its stupid leveling NPCS and creatures. This shouldnt be happening in Skyrim to such a degree.

At lvl 40?? Very strange. Sounds like you have increased a very large number of different skills. This leads to pretty high level relatively quickly but the overall power of your character would be quite low.

My last roll is a destruction Mage @ around level 18 and I destroy pretty much everything that dares to oppose me. My destruction skill is at about 70...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

Interesting article on the thermodynamic origin of life. Its not a new field and the researcher in question is only one of a number of scientists working on this from a number of different angles. He is from MIT and he is YOUNG and GOODLOOKING so they paint a picture that he is the guy who came up with the idea. He isnt. But hey, who gives a shit!? Sensationalism > truth any day of the week!

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2014, 16:53.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 09:27 InBlack

Ugh....I love the Elder Scrolls but this just looks....awful...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2014, 06:36 InBlack

Axis wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:59:
Go Netflix Go! Big Hurray for Capitalism, my fatter wallet loves you!

?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 10:45 InBlack

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 10:33:
Have they purchased Mark Hamill yet?

I dont think that anyone would find anything wrong with that being the 40M goal. Or even live action sequences with lesser known actors. Shit I would pay good money for that and Im a skeptic if there ever was one!

11. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 10:23 InBlack

Slinkycatz wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 10:01:
InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:47:
Are you still going to believe that excuse if the dogfighting module isnt released in April?

*disclaimer* I actually believe that they wanted to create their own netcode, what I dont believe is that they ever intended to release a dogfighting module in December and the longterm time saving is obviously just lip-service for the gullible...

I'm perplexed by the number of people that believe that those at CIG are a bunch of liars or snake oil salesmen.

I watch their videos where you can see the humanity of each person at CIG and they don't look like car salesmen to me. They look like computer nerds who love space sims. They are human, they certainly aren't perfectly organized so there are awkward moments and things that mess up as when they invited everyone to watch a Youtube presentation that was supposed to be live but was uploaded extremely slowly. These are the criticisms I can see being made about CIG... but that they meant to lie from the very start? I just don't see that.

You havent answered my question.

With that said I agree with most of your sentiment. I dont think that the people at CiG are liars. I dont even think that Chris Roberts is a liar really. He just distorts the truth enough for it to be palatable for everyone involved. It takes great skill to do that so KUDOS. But this does not make him a good taskmaster. Ultimately he believes that he is making the best game ever. His fans fan the fire by throwing money at him and believing that he can do no wrong which in turn inflates his ego which in turn increases the hype and so on in an ever increasing cycle. This is NOT good for anyone long term.

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
4. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

There are companies (mostly US based) who hire people to write positive reviews for Amazon listed products. (Mostly books)

More often than not they are usually hired by the authors of self-published works. The book industry is mature enough that these kind of shenanigans are looked down upon by the big name publishers, since they are actually paying editors to weed out the outright shitty from the sellable.

That EA would resort to this though is no surprise. Its just a step away from what theyve already been doing with review magazines and sites for years....

6. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 09:47 InBlack

Slinkycatz wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:39:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:24:
What took it so long? And where is the Dogfighting module? Is it a January release?

Before the funding took off, they intended to release the dogfighting module but with the CryEngine netcode and use that as a 'proof of concept' to bring in more funding.

Since they ended up with more funding than they expected, they decided it was best to not waste any time with the CryEngine netcode but go directly to creating their own. This meant that short term there was no dogfighting module in December, but longterm it saved time on the development process.

Estimated dogfighting module release is in late March to April.

Are you still going to believe that excuse if the dogfighting module isnt released in April?

*disclaimer* I actually believe that they wanted to create their own netcode, what I dont believe is that they ever intended to release a dogfighting module in December and the longterm time saving is obviously just lip-service for the gullible...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry, Ericsson, and Sony engaged in patent trolling??? Together??? Say it Aint So!!!!  

News Comments > Natural Selection Source Code
1. Re: Natural Selection Source Code Jan 22, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

Its been a while since I played NS2. Have they added any bigger areas, levels, vehicles etc?  

3. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Argh...Organizations. As in Corps from Eve?? So can we hang out in our hangers admire each others 'ships' and /emote like in WoW? Cos that would be cool. Much cooler than flying in space or anything...  

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
1. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

I would take their money. Especially if it involves nudity of some sort. I would still trashtalk them on Blues though...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Even worse than the anti-vaccination crazies is the the horrible overperscription of antibiotics nearly everywhere in the world. A few days ago I read a report that 60% of all antibiotic perscriptions are completely unecessary. In twenty or thirty years we will have antibiotic resistant superbugs everywhere. Worst of all the pharmas cant keep up, the bugs are mutating at a much faster rate than new antibiotics are being created. Combine this with ever denser populations and you have a recipe for disaster.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
24. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 07:40 InBlack

Whiskers wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 06:52:
It can definitely take a while to get specific cards, but it's fun. It really depends on what mode you play. If you read some guides on what cards are good to use in the Arena mode, you can get a lot of gold and cards early on. Arena mode is pretty random, but you are given chances to use cards you don't have.

Casual and ranked can become frustrating, as a lot of the people have very gimmicky decks that try for 1 big combo. That or they have several of the big legendary cards. The nice thing about casual is that if you are getting destroyed you can just quit and play against someone else and you don't lose anything. I typically just wait until I have a couple daily quest and then play until I complete those to get gold. Haven't spent a dime on the game and I've been playing it for 3 months.

Thanks.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
20. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 06:44 InBlack

How slow, grindy is it? How long would you have to play to get a decent deck? (Without spending money)  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2014, 04:01 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 13:18:
I still say there's no point to charging corporate taxes, because corporations can get around them by pushing jobs out of the country.

Essentially, it incentivizes offshoring.

Corporations shouldn't be people, and shouldn't be taxed. Tax the people. Tax the money as it goes through from corporations to employees, not consumers to corporations. I mean, a CEO has no issue sending jobs overseas, but will never send his own.

This actually makes a lot of sense. With one caveat. Salaries are already taxed. Increasing the tax on the salaries will only push salaries down and more jobs overseas.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2014, 06:47.

6670 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo