Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7537 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

Definitely going to make an effort and (re)watch some of his better films over the weekend. One of the few hollywood stars who seemed to truly be a good person.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
3. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 10:15 InBlack

Yeah well now that the new consoles are becoming more established, we are bound to see more and more exclusive content for them. The new lean, and dry season for PC gaming will probably kick off into full bloom next year. I expect a lot of tears, although quality console ports are few and far between anyway.  

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
1. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Heh. Serves em right. Not that I have much love for frivolous lawsuits, but at least it will teach Sega not to have anything to do with Gearbox ever again  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
17. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 07:49 InBlack

Nameless Again wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 22:45:
Still my #2 of all time, only surpassed by the original Half-Life 1. It was for me at least, he first FPS to really incorporate the RPG elements. Great game if you never played it.

As far as single-player FPS are concerned, agreed. 100%.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
49. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 07:07 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 06:13:
What the fuck are you talking about? Where exactly is Romero claiming he did everything? The information of what he and others worked on is available on the net in various locations. He (along with others) were highly involved in all the games and he was one of the founders of id.
Hell, before they formed id, HE was the one that put the team together that formed id.

You are seriously a deluded fanboy Krooven. Im one of the most die hard fans of id software, but there is a reason why Romero was kicked out of id. Maybe you should check some of those sources of yours on what exactly went wrong within id software and what part Romero played in that. Yes he was the founder of the studio, but how is that relevant to any of his game design credits and skills, or even his ability to lead a studio, since he was basicaly fired for being a douchebag who did no work and couldnt be a team player to save his life.

43. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 04:00 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 03:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:04:
Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 18:46:
And the room. Went. Wild.

Really? Together, as id, they made two great shooters. Individually, other than Carmack, none of those guys has ever achieved much, if anything.

Stop giving the guy so much credit for shit he did 20 years ago, people.

Agreed. He made FUCKING MOBILE GAMES. And his last PC/xbox/ps3 cross platform project failed after 2 years of development.

F him. I have no faith in him at this point.

Him and CB can go F themselves.

I have never really understood the hate towards Romero or Carmack. Only in the game industry can someone make some great games; ya know just games that changed gaming forever with Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake...only to be hated and told to go fuck themselves because their careers didn't unfold according to what some of you wanted.

People are sick of egotistical bastards like Romero taking all the credit. The whole team at id at the time was responsible for these games not just Romero.

News Comments > Into the Black
28. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 03:15 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:35:
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:28:
I can't believe Robin Williams is gone. I haven't felt his upset about a celebrity death since Chris Farley. Robin was one of my heroes growing up, I loved all his comedies.

This sucks, I'm really upset.

It's weird, as soon as I heard this news, I had literally 10-15 scenes from his movies over the past 30 years replay in my mind. That's never happened. I haven't felt this shocked since Stevie Ray Vaughn died. He was a very special and unique actor, irreplaceable really. Such a shame.

Oh Captain, my Captain...:(

40. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 03:08 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:28:
Flak wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
Unless you're giving us Doom 2 with challenging AI, 40 decently designed levels, enemies that actually pose a challenge, weapons that don't feel like yet another shitty M16 clone (don't forget all the goofy accessories), and full 32 player multiplayer carnage with LAN/Dedicated servers...

If I ain't gots me a chainsaw, a double-barrel shotgun, and an ample supply of demon guts plastered all over the screen: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE ROMERO.

+1

The problem is that kids these days only want rail shooters and twitch tiny room shooters. Skill and level design is long gone....

+2

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 10:39 InBlack

Blue wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 10:28:
InBlack wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 09:52:
Im not really sure what everyone has against sex in GoT or any literature/film/art for that matter. Its a subject, like any other, that should be open to the author's interpretation.

If you dont like it, ignore it! Or better yet, grab a pen and write something more to your liking! No need to rain on everyone's parade...

OMG ITS BOOBIEZ AND SEX!! *yawn*

A seminal piece of fantasy literature is being dissected by the prudish american audience because "SEX". Yeah, show us those 'smarts' USA!! (Or in this case, Aussieland...)

Did you read the article? It's a critique of how the scenes are written, not a prudish complaint that they're included.

The video game novel examples they provide are cringe-worthy to say the least.

Ive read the article, and yes Im aware that they are critiquing the use of the language. Its complete bullshit (in GRR's novels at least, I agree video game novels should not exist) since this is how the characters think. Its not "cock" its "rod" its not "pussy" its "mound" etc. Sure it's rather crude in a lot of the scenes, but then again it's a rather crude world we are thrust in from scene one. Its still a worthless criticism that's gained traction because people find it sexist, crude, funny or a combination of those three.

To me it adds another dimension to the immersion. There is no romantic language because maybe just maybe Westeros hasn't had its romantic renaissance period yet??

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 10:47.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 10:17 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 10:15:
Man, that girl does some wild taxidermy. I'd actually consider buying one of those.

The bunny holding a miniature H&K automatic is fucking awesome...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 11, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Fion wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 09:58:
Spend time and money on making an amazing map so we can fill out the game at 1/50th the cost of making it ourselves.

Ahh the glorious wonders of slave capitalism!!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

Im not really sure what everyone has against sex in GoT or any literature/film/art for that matter. Its a subject, like any other, that should be open to the author's interpretation.

If you dont like it, ignore it! Or better yet, grab a pen and write something more to your liking! No need to rain on everyone's parade...

OMG ITS BOOBIEZ AND SEX!! *yawn*

A seminal piece of fantasy literature is being dissected by the prudish american audience because "SEX". Yeah, show us those 'smarts' USA!! (Or in this case, Aussieland...)

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 10:12.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Orbital Gear
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Orbital Gear Aug 11, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

Oh its an arcade scroller...

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
21. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 11, 2014, 08:30 InBlack

Slick wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 20:17:
Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 19:00:
Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 17:22:
That's my commentary, and if you think otherwise, gtfo of PC gaming.

Okay, cliffy.

ZING

I happen to totally agree with him, i guess i'm Cliffy too?

since when was stealing socially acceptable? the fuck? i mean, i do use torrentz if there's no demo or beta etc. but then i buy the game.

imo if they just brought back shareware we'd not only have better games, but happier consumers. killing shareware was one of the most anti-consumer moves in pc gaming history.

Wow Slick. Just Wow. Doge Wow. Hypocritical doublespeak shlock in the same post.

*claps enthusiastically*

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 05:07 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 03:47:
Also, everyone is saying he gassed it right as he hit the kid. Sounds to me like he downshifted.

You do realise that there is no clutch, no gears and no differential in sprint cars?

Then again, most of the turning is done by stepping on the gas (the tires are of different circumference)

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 05:15.

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
30. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 03:54 InBlack

I want arena Death Match or GTFO!!  

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
3. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 10:48 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 10:36:
Wings! Remastered Edition is the easy to play air combat simulation you've been waiting for... no complicated keyboard commands. Just fly and shoot!

Oh yeah? Well, FUCK YOU, TOO!!!

/crawls back to DCS

Ive sort of given up on DCS for the time being. Waiting for EDGE and the Mig21 to get back into it...

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2014, 10:55.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 10:45 InBlack

Blue has lizards?  

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
4. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 10:41 InBlack

Might as well call it McDonalds Gaming...in this, or any case of a brand revival, the quality of games to spring from these studios will depend on the people who work on them.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 8, 2014, 06:27 InBlack

Its kind of telling how any negativity towards Star Citizen is automatically interpreted by the yesmen as somehow destructive and detrimental to the development of the actual game itself.

Like the naysayers are Sith Lords or something and are using their magical dark powers to secretly sabotage Chris's brain waves and are sowing discord among the developers.

Jesus Christ on a Space Rocket, all I ever wanted out of Star Citizen is Squadron42, is it so terrible that Im pissed off at the feature creep and the snake oil pitches that Chris has been throwing since basically day one???

7537 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo