Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Apr 28, 2014, 04:08 InBlack

Yeah congrats!

Also that yeast trick is fucking awesome!

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 28, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 13:01:
Yes RIAA is evil but the arguement that musicians are poverty-stricken is absolutely laughable.

As a struggling musician, with a day job, I can most definitely say that its not a laughing matter.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 11:00 InBlack

Pretty ballsy from GameSpot. Kudos for even contemplating scoring the game so low. And yes I did read the review, it seems very reasonable.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

MrRadicalEd wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 09:29:
just... remember... bf3. never forget.

yeah, that would work too.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

If I had the dosh, I would drive a Porsche....  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 09:15:
BF4 Premium is $24.98 now at Gamersgate... i'm tempted.

Just. Remember. Origins....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 06:00 InBlack

Some poeple seem to be missing a point here. Sure the game works great with a controller, but thats not the issue. The issue is that the developers LIED and claimed the game would work well with KB&M.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 05:46 InBlack

*disclaimer*

I consider myself a left leaning liberal. In the true humanist sense of the word, so I do not consider Putin to be in any way an ideal leader, far from it.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 14:37:
InBlack wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 04:02:
At least with Russia you have one guy in charge, everyone can point to him and say HE IS THE MAN IN CHARGE. When shit goes wrong he is the guy people will point fingers at, when things go right he is the guy who gets the credit.

In the US when shit goes wrong who exactly will get the blame? Obama? Hahahahh, yeah sure, while the real powerholders stay in the shadows and the american voters keep the illusion of democracy alive.

Wow, really? You're defending a defacto dictator? When you criticize the man in charge in Russia, you end up dead, or you end up in the gulag. There is no dissent or blame when things are wrong in Russia.

I'm sure Khodorovsky was no angel, no CEO is (look at how they went after Qwest CEO Joe Nacchio after he insisted the NSA provide a warrant for their data collection). However, A) he wasn't investigated until he started getting involved in politics and B) his trial was rigged, according to the judges who adjudicated it. That's a complete abuse of power.

And Obama signs off on airstrikes that kill innocent women and children in drone strikes on militants...People who are suddenly dead one day, because their neighbour happened to be a 'bad' man. Collateral damage. Im not saying things are ideal in Russia, but Id rather have an honest to god straightforward dictator then the perversion of democracy as it exists now in the US.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 09:42 InBlack

Just read that Martin interview. Good insightful read into the mind of a favorite/loathed author.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed</p> <blockquote> <p><a href= Apr 24, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

Sure I would read a review without a score. But I would consider it a cop-out. I understand what the author is getting at here, but its a read-between-the-lines kind of thing.
The Armchair Empire wants to drop scores so they can write honest reviews and not worry about the backlash from publishers and developers, what they fail to realise is that a score isnt just about simplifying the review down to a single number, the number is less important than the message of the number. A game getting 8.5/10 or 10/10 at the end of a review should be a significant thumbs up from the critic. While a game that gets 5/10 or 6/10 would obviously be a thumbs down. A number has power and with power comes responsibility, something that gaming journalists are always loath to take on. I say do your own thing, but dont get mad when you get called out as being pussies.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 06:52 InBlack

As long as the demographic of gamers remains predominantly male, very little will change. Developers and publishers produce games for one reason alone, profit.

We can whine and bitch all we want, but sex sells. Just like games are very much dumbed down for mass consumption, the masses want sex and that in and of itself is geared to be skewed towards the demographic that consumes the product.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 04:02 InBlack

I used GDP as a general measure to show how much things have improved in Russia since Yeltsin and while it is true that its not a very good metric when it comes to individual quality of life, things really have improved dramatically sintse Yeltsin's boozing in the captain's seat. If you dont believe that (as the US liberals will have you believe) then you are living in a fairy tale land of makebelieve.

Someone mentioned Khodorovsky, you do realize that Khodorovsky tried to do what corporations in the US have free reign to do all the time. Buy his way into power with the money he stole. Putin had the guts to put a stop to that, and put all the other Oligarchs in line. They were literally stealing everything they could get their hands on.

So freedom or death is it? Or is it 'illusion' of freedom or death. Because, lets be frank here, the illusion of freedom is what you get in the west.

At least with Russia you have one guy in charge, everyone can point to him and say HE IS THE MAN IN CHARGE. When shit goes wrong he is the guy people will point fingers at, when things go right he is the guy who gets the credit.

In the US when shit goes wrong who exactly will get the blame? Obama? Hahahahh, yeah sure, while the real powerholders stay in the shadows and the american voters keep the illusion of democracy alive.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2014, 03:40 InBlack

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 19:29:
"Net neutrality dead for good? FCC may endorse pay-for-play deals"

RIP Internet. It's dead Jim. Industry schill placed in position of power schills for that industry. Fucking shocking.

Thankfully the internet is a fully distributed network. If the US decides to regulate and control its internet access to the detriment of its citizens well then the rest of the world will simply have to learn live without them and adapt. As for you guys stuck in the US of A, well why not write a letter to your congressman, or two...oh thats right, you are no longer a democracy. My bad. Sorry guys.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video
16. Re: Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video Apr 24, 2014, 03:34 InBlack

Is there a hardcore mode? You know like how it used to be with GTA games, you get arrested or killed by cops and its game over. (Well at least until you reload).

Nothing breaks immersion like killing a few pedestrians and cops, getting arrested and immediately being released with a 'hoodlum' reputation....especially if we are talking about a story thats supposed to be happening in a surveillance/police state...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 23, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

6 months ago when I pointed out that RDR never made it to the PC and hence GTAV probably never will i got derided for being a 'hater' and worse. Well Im still here making that claim. I hope Im wrong, but if those fuckers Rockstar dont want us PC gamers to play with their toys, well so be it.  

News Comments > Kick Ass 2 Next Month
10. Re: Kick Ass 2 Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:34:
One being how Kick Ass lost the ability to feel pain in the first movie (which was his "Superpower"), but apparently is able to feel pain without issue in the second. This hole wasn't explained at all.

This kind of thing makes me cringe. Thank you for saving me from wasting two hours of my life on this piece of shit.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 23, 2014, 10:23 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 10:08:
Man, fucking Putin and Russia. You can just see them pulling out the old CCCP banners and flags and dusting them off. Fucked up as things are here I'm glad I'm not living there.

Lets put things into perspective. The Russians have never had it better:

Russian GDP since the fall of the Soviet Union

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

Why ask Why? Because. Spaceships. Simple really.  

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
2. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:18:
Also... the best cat simulator is still a real cat. So you can feel neglected and ignored in real-life. ;p

This. Humans are puny slaves in servitude to the feline race.

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo