Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7651 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:04:
InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:56:
When I decide to use Amazon to purchase something privately Ill be sure to use your link Blue. Does it have to be game related? Can it be a book? Or maybe a peripheral?

I bought an external USB hd, and he said that showed up on his list. Bought an ebook as well.

Okay, good to know.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

When I decide to use Amazon to purchase something privately Ill be sure to use your link Blue. Does it have to be game related? Can it be a book? Or maybe a peripheral?  

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
4. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

Frijoles wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:48:
...I don't hear nearly as many horror stories about their support as I do from Valve. And Valve has 95% of my games.

Aaaannd we have a winner

That right there is the reason why we hear so many horror stories about Valve's support. Steam is the biggest distributor of games in the world at the moment, and no one hears about customer support when they get it right. Valve is in a no win situation with this one Im afraid.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
6. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 09:50 InBlack

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:49:
Omni wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:36:
Does anyone care ?
Yes. I want this game.

Why?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
67. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2014, 08:02 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 15:42:

I enjoy when my girlfriend sends me naked photos.

Really? Ive never got the appeal of sexting. Although Ive admitedly never tried it. As a matter of curiosity do you send her nude pictures of yourself back?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 07:47 InBlack

We need a new TES singleplayer game. Hell Ill even stomach the Gamebyro engine for another outing, just as long as they keep it firmly rooted in singleplayer (with MOD suppord obviously).  

News Comments > SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response
13. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 04:00:
Arithon wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 03:56:
Sorry, but Ridley Scott (Blade Runner,Thelma & Louise,

thelma and louise??!?! wowee wow wow

Heheheh, I share your contempt for the utter shit Ridley has made since the 80's. Although I did have a major teenage hard on for Geena Davis at that time...

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
37. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 4, 2014, 03:59 InBlack

/* best George Carlin imitation */

The whole obsession with what the 'gamer', or I should really say consumer, WANTS is beyond fucking ridiculous. Its like Capitalist Business 101. Its also BULLSHIT. Fuck even indies are doing it now, look at StarCitizen. They are making the game that EVERYONE wants apparently. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Whatever happened to developers just making the BEST DAMN GAME they can, and more importantly WANT to make. At that point the publisher steps in and does the marketing according to the game's strengths. Thats how it used to be and thats how its supposed to be. Everything else is just bullshit.

7. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 10:20 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 10:09:
InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 10:00:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:44:
They believe that marketing is more important than the product itself.

In a sentence, this is basically the biggest problem in gaming today.

It's the biggest problem with a lot of industries. Why bother creating a better product when all you have to do is convince people the product is better.

I agree but still, with software its kind of different. You really have to try before you buy and you cant really do that can you? Not legally anyway, at least not with most AAA titles out there.

Oh well. At least there is word of mouth and Bluesnews...

5. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:44:
They believe that marketing is more important than the product itself.

In a sentence, this is basically the biggest problem in gaming today.

4. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 09:57 InBlack

Prepare to be Beamerized in 3....2....1.....  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

Hang on is that story from Maryland real???? Everyone needs to read it because, just because. Read it. Now.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 07:29 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:11:
Edge of Tomorrow was actually pretty good so its a shame it underperformed at the box office, just reinforces studios attitude of producing more cookie cutter fare. I think part of the downturn is just the natural course of more people staying at home, movies being released to streaming platforms sooner and so many different forms of entertainment vying for attention.

Just read on darkhorizons that Edge passed the $100 Mil. mark today (domestically) and is the highest Cruise earner since 2005. Combine that with the $216 Mil. international gross and its hardly a bomb. I blame crappy marketing for its slow start as well as the plethora of Marvel comic book films all vying for the similar viewer demographics, but all is good.

Have yet to see the film, will probably wait for it to come out on Blueray or something, but have heard only good things about this one.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 16:19:
“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

&#8213; R. Buckminster Fuller

Comrade, I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, its utopian to the extreme.

52. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 03:38 InBlack

I dont get what all the fucking fuss is about. This is just free publicity for all involved. I bet that just because of this little stunt these "stars" are at least 5-10% more expensive to hire. I have yet to hear about a celebrity whose career got anything but a boost by something like this.

P.S.

Everyone is responsible for their own digital footprint. Also, fuck Apple.

News Comments > Armored Warfare Trailer
6. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Sep 3, 2014, 03:20 InBlack

If they are making it into a WoT style grindfest Im not interested. If on the other hand the grind is of the much more reasonable variety (ala MW:O) and there is no obvious P2W, then this might be worth another look.  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

Gearbox scumbags.... (Can I say scumbags, or is it disrespectful to bags of scum?? )  

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
2. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

Its not a bad statement, there is no real reason why anyone should resort to rascist bigotry. Hate speech is a crime where Im from, so why should it go unpunished?

Although considering the fact that most forum admins behave like fascist pigs with delusions of grandeur (thats what you get when you hire people for free) I find the irony very slightly sweet tasting.

News Comments > Jameson: The Pilot Announced
1. Re: Jameson: The Pilot Announced Sep 2, 2014, 09:58 InBlack

I prefer Jameson: The Whiskey, but hey....different strokes and all that.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

SXO wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
Someone didn't notice the note by HardOCP that the first story is in fact fake.

Well fuck it. Neither did I. Thats a fake news site??

7651 Comments. 383 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo