Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8274 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 09:26 InBlack

Heh still no relevant GUI fixes. Oh apart from being able to apparently walk now. Heh.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

Selfcongratulation and flattelation galore. Meh.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2015, 09:10 InBlack

yuastnav wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 06:21:

What I don't yet understand is why so many of you take offence at what's being done to combat that kind of behaviour. Judging from the wording some of you even take that as a personal affront.

The issue is overblown. Overblown beyond all proportions and anyone who has spent any significant ammount of time online will atest to that fact.
Most of us have been on the internet since its inception. We are all veterans of IRC/ICQ and countless forums and online games. We intimately understand and know what kind of behaviour is fostered on an anonymous soapbox (with potential worldwide reach). Internet etiquette is non existant, hence the importance of adhering to simple rules when publishing work online. Most importantly we are aware of the huge disconnect between what happens on the interenet and what goes on in the real world. Regardless of the media trend of giving ever more imporatance to itself, this disconnect is real and it is huge. Death threats for example on the internet are common, not because the internet is populated by sociopaths but because anonmymity gives people a smokescreen, it allows them to act out and vent in ways they would never even consider in real life, say over the telephone. People have been smacktalking online since the Doom days. That doest meen that most of those same people are criminals or bigots. Yeah even the terrible trolls are simply just that. Trolls. There are always bad and completely rotten apples that take these things to an extreme but even with those cases taken into acount its wrong and immoral to label an entire culture as criminal or bigoted.

This is my 2c, or rather my reason for taking affront with the likes of Anita Sarkessian or Zoe Quinn. I dont have anything against these women personally, I just hate injustice wherever I find it and I find it unjust that these ladies are agitating an entire community for what is personal gain.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2015, 09:21.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2015, 06:19 InBlack

He only has himself to blame. His mistake was that he stole from the rich and gave to himself. If only he knew his place and stole from the poor and the gullible he wouldnt be in all this trouble. Doesn't he know anything??  

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

beremot wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 00:09:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 20:21:

Christ, by that rationale we're all survivors/victims! Oh deary me! Someone cut me off in traffic today, gave me the finger, and called me a bad name! Oh how I wish there was a support group for survivors like me.

Oh hell yeah! Getting cut off in traffic is exactly the same as getting repeatedly stalked on line, death and rape threats, etc. No difference at all!

What a fucking echo chamber it is in here.

If any of you have any interest in knowing what it is like to be on the other side of this "conflict," then here are two links you should read ...

http://tinyurl.com/l9joyfr

http://tinyurl.com/ktlpd26

Of course my guess is, that you won't actually read them, because A: You don't really WANT to know, and B: You just don't give a shit.

But one can always hope.

Ohhh the horror! Oh the humanity! Oh this is worse than Auschwitz! Grow a pair and learn to differentiate between interacting with anonymous people online and people who you meet in the course of your real life. (Quick, call the interenet stalker police I think I might have offended beremots feelings!)

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2015, 06:12.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 13:29 InBlack

Easy fix. Dedicated servers. What sorcery is this you ask? Hark back to the ancient times, back in the legend years of yore, the 90s!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 03:47 InBlack

Actually herd immunity protects assholes like yourself who refuse to protect themselves. You see, there is this thing called LOGIC try and follow, although for somoene who clrearly believes has all the answers that might be a bit of a stretch.

HERD immunity works in populations that are mostly innoculated, the reason why it works is because the less people who are susceptible to the virus, the harder it spreads.

So you are walking around outside and laughing at all the fool vaccination junkies out there and not getting sick. Well DUH! You are not getting sick because most people are immunised and the virus has a hard time spreading in a population like that. LOGIC? Wow!

Its got nothing to do with Merck or any pharmaceutical company. Its common sense. The reason why it works is because most people have been immunising their kids for the past 100 or so years.

The problem is that now though in recent years. Conspiracy nutjobs like yourself have refused to vaccinate their children against common viruses. In 10-20 years because of asswipes like yoruself that have refused to immunise thier children we will be in danger from another Spanish flu like outbreak or something very similar. Something that is very treatable today will become a threat simply because people like yourself refuse to acknowledge science.

Just a wild guess here, but do you also deny evolution? Quick, hide from the Illuminati! The Bilderberg black helicopters are our to get you!! Newsflash asshole!! We live in a shitty world, run by bad people. I dont need my children to suffer because of ignorance too...

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2015, 03:55.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 02:48:
InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 02:46:
Go read up on herd immunity. Yeah, actually KNOWING about things requires reading up about them. Im sure that you wont though, you will scoff and dismiss my remark and go back to your complete ignorance while you continue to claim superiority of your immune system. Dumbass.

I don't have to read up on "Herd Immunity". I can already tell your part of the herd. LOL. Dumbass huh? I like that. Good talk. Enjoy life!!!

Thanks for proving my point. You asked a question, I answered and you completely chose to ignore it while preaching to everyone else how you know better. Never ceaeses to amaze me, the depths of human idiocy.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 02:46 InBlack

DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 02:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 02:34:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 02:13:

Wow, a person who has responded half-way intelligently. However, still making all comments as though they were indisputable facts. I'm not gonna respond to everything because It's becoming pointless like arguing for or against abortion. I have been sick for more than 3 days in the past 20 years only once. Know what I did to get well? Nothing. Know what medications I used to get well? None. I rested. That's it. So, that doesn't tell us anything about anything. I am sure we could find a few more people in the United States of America that haven't had a flu for 20 years who haven't had a yearly flu shot. Suggesting that if you get a flu shot yearly you will never contract the flu is completely ludicrous. Wow!! Just Wow!!! There are so many other aspects to health that determine whether a person is healthy or not. Getting a flu shot is a not free pass to live any damn way you please. LOL. Oh man. Now, we just need to take a poll and find out how many people DID catch the flu in spite of the fact that they got a flu shot yearly for the past 20 years. I'll bet there's nobody, yes? LOL.

You get top honors for being the most civil but there is just no agreement. You keep getting your shots, I'll forego my shots in case there is ever a shortage I will take my chances in the wild. I would feel bad if I got a vaccination before some poor soul who actually wanted one got a chance to get theirs. You do your thing. I'll do mine. And never the twain shall meet! The drug industry has a loyal customer for life. Good luck!!!

You're right, the flu shot does not protect against all flu types. The flu is constantly evolving. However, it will protect against those specific types, and ones that are similar enough that the body recognizes them as such.

I would say "Fine, be that way, take your risk." But you're fucking it up for everyone else. For no reason.

Speaking of reasons, what are your objections? You've not elucidated.

I thought they were stated pretty clearly if you read most of my posts. One is CDC credibility which it has none. You can't keep telling us were all gonna die every year if we don't all run out like good little vaccine junkies and get the 'flavor of the month' vaccine to protect against the 'flavor of the month' virus. The end of the world was predicted in 2009 if not everybody ran out to get their H1N1 shot and most of us are still here.

Explain how I am fucking it up for everyone else if you got your shots? This is the part of the theory that kills me. The complete crazy bullshit straight from the Terminator movie. "See how clever it is? It doesn't require a shred of proof. Most paranoid delusions are intricate, but this is brilliant."

If YOU get all the dead virus injected into your bloodstream that your little heart desires as often as you desire how does me NOT doing that possibly effect you? You are supposed to not be effected by the virus your being vaccinated for, right? You just said you haven't had the flu for 20 years. The shots protected you right? Well, I am sure you came in contact with more than 1 silly bastard who thinks like me in the past 20 years who had the flu but never got a flu shot. How come you didn't get it from ANYBODY? Please explain the double-standard here.

Go read up on herd immunity. Yeah, actually KNOWING about things requires reading up about them. Im sure that you wont though, you will scoff and dismiss my remark and go back to your complete ignorance while you continue to claim superiority of your immune system. Dumbass.

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
5. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 10:09 InBlack

Drayth wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:54:
"Transformers isn't a dumb movie series, everyone is just over-smart."

So many possibilities with this logic..

Hot damn! That never occured to me?! Now Im gonna have to rewatch those movies (kill me please!!)

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
39. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 10:06 InBlack

Killswitch wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:58:
InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:41:
Here is another reality check for you. God doesnt exist, and yet people murder others in their millions in His name.

Yes, I know that. In fact, everyone knows that. No one is denying that. Do you understand what my contention is here or do you flagrantly disregard messages and just post a bunch of nonsense?

You are advocating censorship. Yeah got that. Bye now. Have fun talking to yourself.

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
9. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 09:50 InBlack

When an XBOX (!!??!!) boss claims a new Windows is the best gaming OS ever (they gotta be trolling us with this shit I swear!!) I take that statement with a grain of salt the size of fucking Nebraska!  

35. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Killswitch wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:29:
InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 08:51:
Do you define it by your own personal standards? Are you God? Are you Better than everyone else? Do you feel that the cartoonists in Paris had it coming to them for making fun of God, Jesus and Mohammad? I find your comment on the whole offensive and would like nothing more than for it to be removed and censored. Lucky for you there is this thing called the Constitution protecting your rights to say stupid shit like that with complete impunity. Lucky bastard....

I define it by societal standards. The values that democratic nations hold as a society.

Am I God? Am I better than anyone else? Are you serious when you ask these questions? Am I God when I speak out against the rape of a child? No, I'm merely expressing the values that are held by current society. Does one have to be God to have human empathy? I wouldn't think so.

Do I think Charlie Hebdo employees had it coming to them? No, of course not. They were fully in the right when they published illustrations since the the publications were not disallowed by the society in which they were published.

You find what I said offensive? I don't see how, but it doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't even matter or what I think. What matters is the opinion of a democratic society as a whole.

"[P]rotecting your rights to say stupid shit like that with complete impunity." You don't have to remind me that there's never any shortage of people, like you, who will defend those capitalizing on products that simulate and allow others to engage in crimes such as rape and murder. I'm always glad the Constitution is there for people like you too. Don't you see, we're both victims of the democratic process?

I hate to play the "for the children" card, but by your logic anyone who rapes a child should be allowed to do so because none of us can determine moral from immoral. What you are saying is, no one should be allowed to play God so we should leave the [in]action to the individual. That isn't a society--that's anarchy. There has to be boundaries.

Oh such arguments! Did you just completely disregard and miss my pont and call me a child rapist?? Its so refreshing when you dont have to argue with anyone anymore while they simply invent their own moral high ground. You dirty Alien loving moral crusader you!

34. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 09:41 InBlack

Killswitch wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:31:
InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:06:
You are so fucking full of shit, now remove your Avatar because I HAVE OBJECTIONS OF A GAME WHERE A HOSTILE AI ABDUCTS AND MURDERS AN ENTIRE SHIP'S CREW INCLUDING WHOLE FAMILIES, CHILDREN, MOTHERS AND MONKEYS!!! Ohhh the humanity!!

Reality check--aliens don't exist, murderers and rapists do.

Remove your offensive Avatar or else!!

Here is another reality check for you. God doesnt exist, and yet people murder others in their millions in His name.

2. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

Just noticed this little gem:

Xbox boss Phil Spencer says they are working towards making Windows 10

Like a Boss!!

1. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 09:37 InBlack

Damn, I think I almost soiled myself. I thought Vista was the BEST 'Os for gaming evah'. Nothing beats playing Halo on my DirecX 10 exclusive Vista box. Yeah cos Dx9 is for pussies and only real men use Vista!  

29. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 09:06 InBlack

Killswitch wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:00:

What if you were a Jew, a Muslim, an African-American, a victim of rape, or a mother of a child? If games portraying these crimes were freely allowed on the open market, do you believe they are conducive to a healthy society?

You are so fucking full of shit, now remove your Avatar because I HAVE OBJECTIONS OF A GAME WHERE A HOSTILE AI ABDUCTS AND MURDERS AN ENTIRE SHIP'S CREW INCLUDING WHOLE FAMILIES, CHILDREN, MOTHERS AND MONKEYS!!! Ohhh the humanity!!

25. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 08:51 InBlack

Killswitch wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 07:25:
Qbex . wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 06:18:
Sure, lets ban every "touchy subject" from entertainment media, lets start from books then films then paintings. Oh and while we're at it who will tell us what is a touchy subject, you ?

Are you suggesting we open the floodgates to any and all games where you play as a character engaged in the most heinous of crimes?

Let me ask you this--how do you feel about a game where you play a Nazi soldier who is personally responsible for carrying out the execution of hundreds of thousands of Jews within a German concentration camp? Your goal: kill as many Jews as possible before the Allies liberate the camp.

Or a game where you play as a self-righteous, post-9/11 hater of Muslims that is on a mission to plan and carry out the murder of dozens of innocent, law-abiding, mosque-attending American citizens in NYC?

Perhaps a game in which you move up through the ranks of the KKK, killing black Americans, with the ultimate goal of becoming Grand Dragon?

Or even a game that first simulates a chatroom where you coax a child into meeting you and then... well, I think you get the idea.

Could you possibly be insinuating that these types of games should be sold? That seemed to be what you had implied. I'm all for the right to freely express yourself, but there really needs to be a line and a democratic society has the responsibility of determining where that line is drawn.

I'm not condoning the Austrailian law. I think that, once a game is made, the cat is out of the bag. No law can exist that will prevent those with the will to acquire such a game from acquiring it. I do, however, believe that those who wish to create such games need to respect the values that represent society at large and use some discretion before deciding to develop them.

I have not played Hotline Miami. I am not making a comment based on an opinion of this particular game. I am only responding to your comment based on the allowance or diallowance of games that contain objectionable content.

With this message, I am now expecting a visit from people with dark sunglasses and earpieces. =)

Do you also have problems with objectionable films, books and music? How do you define what is objectionable? Do you define it by your own personal standards? Are you God? Are you Better than everyone else? Do you feel that the cartoonists in Paris had it coming to them for making fun of God, Jesus and Mohammad? I find your comment on the whole offensive and would like nothing more than for it to be removed and censored. Lucky for you there is this thing called the Constitution protecting your rights to say stupid shit like that with complete impunity. Lucky bastard....

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 05:51 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 05:17:
InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 02:33:
Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available

I dont have much to say against Braben and Co. but this is douchy as fuck! Fuck paying for testing. Fuck it with a hard stick!

why? They did it with their kickstarter and many people jumped at the chance. Look at all the early access crap on Steam now, even for free to play games like that DayZ clone that Sony is behind - you need to pay to help them test their game.

I mean, yeah people used to get paid for this kind of testing work but now it's a new revenue stream. go them, douchy or not.

Its different when an its an unreleased game, it granted the testers access to the full game on release and in a way it eliminated trolls from folks who would genuinely spend some time testing and playing the game. Now that the game is OUT though, I just cant see anything but pure greed as the reason for this shit. Basically they are splitting the community in two and adding a paywal for those who pay to get the goodies before the 'other' players do. It would probably also uncessesarily increase the time from when the patch hits the test servers and when it gooes on the live servers. Even if there are no bugs, they would probably give them a few weeks to mess around with new ships and content just so they can justify their 'purchase'. Its just rotten...

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 05:59.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available

I dont have much to say against Braben and Co. but this is douchy as fuck! Fuck paying for testing. Fuck it with a hard stick!

8274 Comments. 414 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo