Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8274 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2015, 09:31 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 08:54:

Still loved it though, warts and all.

Yeah. Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to Sci-Fi today. Still, it sure as hell ain't no 2001 Space Odissey, thats for sure.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2015, 03:34 InBlack

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 23:26:
I had much the same thought on Interstellar. My group was enjoying it right up to the black hole scene, and we were watching it on Imax so that was particularly impressive. Then all "that" happened and it went too far off the rails for all of us. So close yet so far.

A very large, supermassive black hole with a huge event horizon could in fact allow matter to enter the event horizorn without stretching it into infinity. What exactly happens within is anyone's guess though.

Im disregardng the fact that the radiation from the accretion disk alone would fry a grown man within seconds, within a light year.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 2, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 23:50:
I actually think Google is making me dumber. Instead of remembering stuff in my head, I just remember how to find it.

This. There is a lot of truth to this.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
5. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 03:31 InBlack

With 100% less GFWL. Pure win.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 04:01 InBlack

Also. There was no reason to be a complete douchebag with your reply. It was an honest question.  

14. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 03:40:
InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 03:02:
Beamer, I realize that Cutter posted a disparaging and probably offensive comment directed at Sarkeesian. There is very little (if any) sexual context attached to the comment as I see it, so how is it sexist? He is basically telling someone off. Someone who is female, which is why he used a female pronoun. Is it because he called her honey? I honestly want to know, Im not trying to bait you or anything.
Where did he riff on her sexuality?

The fact that this even needs explaining shows how far a lot gamers (particularly certain frequent posters on Blues) need to go in getting in touch with the real world.

When a male refers to an adult female who he doesn't know and has no personal relationship with as "honey," "sweetie," "sugar," "cupcake," or any other term that implies females aren't human but instead a tasty treat awaiting consumption, it is called "casual sexism." They are throwaway labels designed to reinforce the dominant power relationship of men over women by implying that women should be "nice girls" while guys have the prerogative to be asshats.

In the real world, if I were to refer to a female co-worker by any of those terms, the least I could expect would be an icy stare. Worst case scenario, I'd be called up to the boss for a talking-to and likely be required to take one of those god-awful online sexual harassment seminars.

In short, calling a female you've never met "honey" is sexist and offensive. I have no doubt Cutter intended his comment that way.

Did that clarify things for you?

What happens if it's a girl calling a guy honey, or sweetie or things of that nature. I frequently get it from waitresses and the like, due to my 'youthful' looks. I don't find it offensive, on the contrary. Is that sexist? Should I be offended? When is it ok for society to tell us what should offend us and how we should percieve tings and when is it taboo? One day you will wake up and you will hate the world you live in and the rules you are forced to follow in the name of 'insert stupid ideology here'. Im all for equality, between races, sexes, animals, bacteria, whatever. What I loathe is when others presume to tell me that some are more equal than others.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 04:12.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Let me get this straight. Businesses in the USA can't turn a customer down? Like ever? If they do they can get sued?? No wonder that the entire world thinks that americans are a mix between unicorns and assholes. This is insane.

I consider myself fairly progressive, so can someone explain to me how this is a liberal law?

12. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 03:02 InBlack

Beamer, I realize that Cutter posted a disparaging and probably offensive comment directed at Sarkeesian. There is very little (if any) sexual context attached to the comment as I see it, so how is it sexist? He is basically telling someone off. Someone who is female, which is why he used a female pronoun. Is it because he called her honey? I honestly want to know, Im not trying to bait you or anything.
Where did he riff on her sexuality?

News Comments > Evening Previews
21. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

From the article, and I quote:

The average Star Citizen backer has contributed $96. To date, Knight's total investment is $22,501. He has no regrets. “I'm a professional, I'm married to a professional, and I have no debts, so I have resources to put into my hobby,” he says. “You could spend this much restoring a car. I know people who have $3,000 paintball markers.”

Except that you know, cars and paintball markers are real things that you can use. Starcitizen ships are virtual things, which you can't even use in a virtual world.
People have stated that they don't mind the 'big fish' or whatever you want to call fools and their money, but the fact of the matter is that people throwing money at Starcitizen will NOT make it a better game. Exactly the opposite effect is occuring, concrete dates will be pushed back, concrete game assets and mechanics will be pushed back, Squadron42 will be pushed back, the persistent universe will be pushed back...Instead you will get a neverending stream of "in fiction" expensive commercials, virtual ships, hangar add-ons, gimmicky modules with F2P mechanincs, slickly produced Chairman reports AD. Infinitum.
I find it sad that a lot more people who are into SC and sci-fi in general don't realize this. It's sad because I wanted CR to make the game he talked about. Make it and release it, without the endless and expensive roleplay sessions with some rich nerds who can't stop giving him money. Human greed trumps everything in the end....and that sucks.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 02:57.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Announced
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Announced Apr 1, 2015, 02:13 InBlack

Boring....  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 31, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

siapnar wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 09:25:
Doesn't answer the question

lol

Yeah, thanks for the heads up Blue

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 09:36 InBlack

Give it some time Blue, you'll get the hang of it. Some pro tips. Map objectives are more important than ganking enemy heroes. Level your hero to lvl 4 (on coop) before even attempting a quick match. Buildings give tons of exp, if you have an opportunity to push a lane and bring a few towers down, do it! Never stray alone on the map unless you know exactly what you are doing. Im sure there are more knowledgeable MOBA players that can add a few more tips.

News Comments > Evolve DLC Adds Monster, Hunters, Observer Mode, and More
3. Re: Evolve DLC Adds Monster, Hunters, Observer Mode, and More Mar 31, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

Just to clarify, the monster and hunters are not free. I could understand this shit if it was F2P game and you could purchase the ingame characters with GOLD or you know....Real money. Sort of like Blizzard will probably do with Overwatch (if they are smart). Paying full price for a multiplayer game which is basically incomplete unless you keep shelling out for DLC is beyond retarded. So glad I dodged this.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

Nice, although thats quite a lot for a game where you are basically the same character/class in each playthrough. Im still stoked, even though I never got into the Witcher previously. The 'let's play' preview videos Ive seen are hitting all the right buttons for me.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
75. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2015, 04:57 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 04:09:
nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 22:51:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 22:13:
Fuck me, I just wanted a Wing Commander spiritual successor.

Thank you! This is what us kickstarter backers thought we were getting as well.

Speak for yourself. I want a Freelancer spiritual successor. We're both getting it though, with Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.

Nope. You are getting Freelancer the MMO. We are getting Squadron42 episode 1 at some point after that and the rest at some other point in the indefinite future (Unless Cloud Imperium flip flops again)

73. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 31, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

Deepjay wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 19:12:
Star Citizen - the world's first anticipation excitement simulator - enabling people to match their anticipation with real world dollars.

This is an awesome post. That is all.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
36. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

With all due respect, this is a pretty major bug. Then again, this is Obsidian and the bug can be avoided (mindfix!) until it's patched. Still with all the praise heaped on the game here, Im probably just going to buy it anyway. I loved BG and BG2, and although the low level cap of 12 is kind of a turn-off, Im guessing thats going to go up with expansions, sequels and whatnot. I just hope I have the time to play it...  

7. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:12:
It won't be too much longer until they reach the vaunted EA level. (Where EA sold an expansion to an MMO, UO in that particular case, but when people came home and opened the box, all it contained was a note saying "Hey, the expansion isn't actually ready yet, but you'll get it When It's Done(tm)!" )

Hey, EA released Ultima Online first. So no way do they come even close to the master-class Ferengi business acumen of CR and Crew.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 09:36 InBlack

MOFOs you better add me. Now if I only knew how to reproduce the hashtag that bnet uses??? For the fucking life of me the new bnet 2.0 has the WORST friend system ever created.

Nevermind. I just remembered that HOTS is also seperated (automatically BY THE WAY) into at least two 'realms' Europe and NW USA. I found that out by accident the other day when I got dissconected and prompted to choose my 'realm' in game.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2015, 10:02.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
3. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 09:35 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:16:
I always think of Pete Burns when I see the Dead or Alive games. And not "extra creepy post 2000 good lord what have you done to your face Pete?", but more like "late 80s, Boy George knock off" look...

"You Spin me Right Round baby Right round"...

Dead or Alive was actually a decent pop band, way better than that Culture Club trash, I guess it helped that their music was fucking hilarious most of the time...

8274 Comments. 414 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo