Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
16. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 04:04 InBlack

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 16:16:
They didn't have to re-release the classics, you know... If it weren't Gearbox, you'd have a mobile remake instead (these guys were bidding on the IP, also). I doubt they're overly concerned with throwing money at the remastering when they could be putting that into the inevitable sequel.

Hang on a sec are you telling me Gearbox is also working on a sequel to Homerworld 1/2?? Fucking hell, that is not good news...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

You are missing the biggest point the article makes, and its a fair one. Developers are marketing 'next-gen' games, yet they are being developed for the Xbox360 and PS3 AS WELL AS for the PS4 and Xbone. This software wont really take advantage of the new consoles.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
44. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 11, 2014, 06:39 InBlack

Agreed. Not that CR doesnt mean well, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions Just imagine what Braben would have done with all of those Star Citizen millions...  

News Comments > Morning Patches
25. Re: Morning Patches Apr 11, 2014, 06:16 InBlack

Goddamn nin you lucky bastard. My crusader has a 2h sword with slightly higher damage...

Let me guess you use the laser-beam-of-death ray with the Wizard? For the life of me I cant figure out why you would socket a ruby instead of an emerald in its socket, unless you are using a skill that doesnt crit...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jamezdin-1215/hero/39666287

Hardcore Torment I, thinking of switching to II i can solo Torment I quite easily. (Just dont ask me to go against Maltheus yet...)

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2014, 06:28.

41. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 11, 2014, 04:20 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:08:
InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:49:
While I agree with this sentiment in general, I have to disagree when the prices are this high or rather higher than retail. In fact the high price ensures that only people who want to see the game succeed and are passionate about it apply, which would in turn mean that they would also be passionate about reporting bugs and problems.

See, I go the other way on that. If they're fanboy enough to drop that sort of change they're not going to be critical where they need to be. The devs could shit in a bowl and they'd still call it ice cream. Oh sure, there will always be some who will, but most are ponying up the dough to drink the kool-aid.

This is the problem with AoW3 atm. It's terribly unbalanced. So what the hell was the beta for? Oh right, it was the fanboys they picked from the forums to give feedback. And nary a one was critical of this stuff whereas everyone else now is. I'm not even playing the game until this stuff gets addressed.

Betas dont work that way. By the time a game hits beta, if it has any remaining major design flaws well thats that then. Its too late to save the child, as Lazarus was so fond of saying If the game sucks well then it sucks. But if its unpolished and has bugs that need ironing out, well then thats what the beta is for.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 10:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:44:
InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:38:
Have you guys even read the article? Im going to be the devil's advocat on this one but he makes a lot of fair and reasonable points.

Well, I supposed being nickled and dimed to death for a free game is fair enough, but it's fucking annoying. I'd rather pay one time for a complete product. It's like buying a car. Sure you can pay for all manner of addons, but if you decline to at least you still have a complete functioning car at the end of the day.

And no attacks F2P if it's good. It's just so few of it is because it's really P2W. And that deserves to be criticized. If that douche doesn't like it he can take his ball and go home.

I for one like the idea of F2P games, executed well they can truly be magnificent, case in point Path of Exile. Even certain P2W or rather Pay2ProgressFaster games like World of Tanks and MW: Online are pretty damn good, if you can get past your ego long enough to acknowledge that their model isnt any diffrent than subscription based MMO's and in many cases is significantly cheaper.

Sure for every great F2P game there are at least 10 horrible ones, but isnt that the case with regular games too?? I mean you can always choose to vote with your wallet, but at least with F2P games you can try the game for nothing and see if you like what you see.

5. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:37:
The problem with this pay testing isn't it doesn't guarantee good testing. In fact it's the opposite a lot of the time.

While I agree with this sentiment in general, I have to disagree when the prices are this high or rather higher than retail. In fact the high price ensures that only people who want to see the game succeed and are passionate about it apply, which would in turn mean that they would also be passionate about reporting bugs and problems.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 10:38 InBlack

Have you guys even read the article? Im going to be the devil's advocat on this one but he makes a lot of fair and reasonable points.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation PC Advantages
2. Re: Alien: Isolation PC Advantages Apr 10, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

fawker wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:13:
I still can't believe they are pushing out another Aliens game so soon after that last disaster.

This game has nothing to do with the Gearbox travesty (Fuck you very much Randy) and has likely been in development or at least in preproduction way before the A:CM fiasco.

Still cant help but feel that their sales will suffer regardless of the quality. Shame really as it looks like an interesting take more in line with the first film.

1. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 10:20 InBlack

I cant wait for this game. Unfortunately I cant support them by opting in to the alpha or beta, my budget is simply too tight. I will definitely be buying this once it hits 'retail'.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2014, 07:55 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 19:07:
Hacking sentences are almost as bad as murder.

There is a reason for that. Hackers and tech savy types are potentially the most dangerous 'dissidents' and possibly the only ones who can make a difference in the collective consciousness of the connected masses in our world today. They are the last threat to an emerging order of inverted totalitarianism. This will be doubly true in the future.

e.g. See E. Snowden.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 03:41 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 19:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:31:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:03:
The Mumbling Warrior probably died due to an enlarged heart, a side effect of his steroid use.

Meanwhile, check out something that really matters, like what Carl Sagan said.

He made millions of people happy. So yeah, that matters. In fact, it matters a whole lot more. Come talk to us when you've done the same.

You're just mad because I said it first and now you can't be seen to agree, so you have to attack instead.

Crack makes millions of people happy. Your logic sucks.

Hehehe, n1.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
7. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:28:
Dagnamit wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:22:
Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:18:
I've said it a hundred times, best thing they could do is make a persistent ARPG FPS Borderlands, they'd make billions.

Another tired old single player arpg... dime a dozen.

BL has always been a co-op game. Don't know where you get that from. The biggest concern is that Gearbox's track record with games it has other people make for them is... well... a little less than good.

It's a single player game with CoOp. The point it it's a beaten horse, and an FPS persistent ARPG is ready for primetime.

You mean like Hellgate London was supposed to be? I wouldnt put it past Randy to try a pull a 'Hellgate London' on us....

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 9, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

Is it wrong that I have urges to punch that bro-dickhead in the face? Hard?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

Anyone seen Noah yet? Im a fan of Aronovsky's work but thats gotta be the most ludicrous and unbelievable biblical story ever and for some reason people thought it would be worthwhile to film it. In this day and age with the 10,000 year old Earth debate raging, and evolution being thrown out of the school curriculums....Yikes...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

I would say that what is worse is that corporations have the legal protection and are treated as 'persons' under law and yet repeatedly face very few consequences for breaking most said laws.

The mountain of hypocrisy that is building up in our modern society truly is astounding...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

Yay for the European Court of Justice!!  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 09:43 InBlack

“Since Gearbox Software first created the Borderlands franchise, we never dreamed of this much love and support from gamers,” added Randy Pitchford

Dream on. Asshole.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
2. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 09:42 InBlack

Could this be the famed Titan (re)imagined?  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 07:30 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 07:04:
Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 02:16:
Redmask wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 22:09:
You've got movies like Inception is sitting above films like Double Indemnity and Yojimbo.

And? All three of them are excellent movies, so then it just comes down to:

I don't think Inception is a particularly good movie as much as it is a good spectacle that tricks people into thinking its more clever than it is. It also features some of Nolan's most shallow characterization which is really saying something.

My point wasn't that Inception isn't a movie that belongs somewhere in the top 250 but newer movies seem to trend higher in ratings than older ones because people are voting on extremes (1 or 10 in most cases). I don't know why this is so prevalent in younger viewers but you see it in their day to day language and behavior.

2) The fact that quite a few of IMDB's voters have probably never seen DI or Yojimbo.

I used to think that was the case too until I saw how people were rating films. I imagine the same thing is occurring on videogame websites to some degree. I don't put any stock in the academy either by the way

Law of averages. People dont trust mathematics. The most exact science on the planet, and people dont trust it. What's next, people believing in bearded father figure deities and zombie saviours??? Oh wait...

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2014, 08:56.

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo