Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9012 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
12. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 25, 2015, 06:13 InBlack

Sempai wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:21:
May i also add that it's a fantastic "i'm finally home from work, exhausted, but tomorrow's my day off, and i get to stay up, drink a little too much, play games, and listen to loud music in the basement in my office so i don't wake the wife, but then yell at the screen while losing, wife comes down, grounds me from Hearthstone and puts me to bed" kind of game.

I wonder if anyone else here gets the "look" when he says he's going to go play some friendly Hearthstone?..

A friend of mine who is still into Hearthstone tried to spend 4400 gold on 44 packs yesterday. However due to Blizzard's unbelievable cheap-skate behavior when game servers are concerned he couldn't log in to Hearthstone the whole day yesterday and later on when he was over at my place either. This was on the EU servers. It's fucking ridiculous that this shit is not only tolerated but expected on game launch and even patch-day or expansion-day. Fuck you Blizzard!

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
128. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 02:59:
I see that everyone has been having fun while I was away for a day.

Derek, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure this is helping. I'd rather have the money go toward the game, not litigation. If CR had come out and said they were shutting down, I could see this action, but they're not.

That's exactly what DerekS. is claiming though, that the money has been pilfered, that the backers have been duped and that most of the money is not being spent on development.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
122. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 11:55:
Shineyguy wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 10:12:
"And through that, we’re going to subpoena and depose every single key person"

Because that's what they need; another delay to development.

Please...

Chris Roberts will be positively giddy at this. At this point, there is no endgame for him. Like any other ponzi scheme, funding yesterday with today's money, Chris Roberts has no way to bail on SC without accepting the blame. When the musical chairs money runs out, CR will be left without a chair to sit in. He'd be totally at fault.

Now, he'll get to blame the time and expense of the lawyers, etc., to weasel out of the blame for SC's crash. "See, SC would have been awesome, but {insert grumbling here}..."

Heck, this is the biggest favor that Derek Smart could have done Chris Roberts. I'm beginning to think that there is collusion between the two, because this is so perfect for CR to dodge the fallout from SC...

I hope it's just Derek Smart, being himself, but either way it's playing into Chris Robert's hands which is fucking shit.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2015, 02:15 InBlack

Krodge wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 23:05:

It seems hypocritical to me that everyone was so outraged at the NSA logging meta data but no complaints when a criminal hacker group exposes peoples private sex lives, resulting in some of their deaths.

This is not remotely the same thing, and makes absolutely no sense. You could have compared the hackers and Snowden, you could have compared the NSA and Ashley Madison, but you can't compare the NSA and the hackers. This isn't hypocritical, it's retarded.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

Never had much love for any Windows OS, but the best one of all had to be WinXP (after a couple of service packs) with the most painless being Windows 7. If I had to choose I would rate 7 > XP, but only because it is such a painless OS to install and use.

Can't rate 10 really since I haven't used it, but with all the spyware, adware, etc. bullshit I don't think it should be allowed on the list.

News Comments > Mad Max Commercial
1. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 24, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

I have changed my opinion about the new Mad Max. Its a good movie up to the halfway point, and then it's downhill all the way to the ending. (With maybe a few high points). Tom Hardy is a compelling Max until he stops acting like Max. Which happens early on and makes no sense. I guess this is what happens when you decide to watch Mad Max & Road Warrior so soon after watching Fury Road. No contest really...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 09:15 InBlack

Interview with A Vampire is probably one of the best vampire films ever made. I can't really understand how they managed to get that one down right, but the rest of the Ann Rice books really failed to translate to the big screen. Didn't know that about Tom Cruise or Will Smith, but I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Still, Cruise has had some very good roles over the years and I like to see him in more character/dramatic driven roles, he is pretty good when he is actually allowed to act. (So is Will Smith)

11. Re: Steam Aug 24, 2015, 03:19 InBlack

I want more Star Trek. And not the damn reboot movies thank you very much. A guest appearance by Admiral Picard would be appropriate...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 11:15 InBlack

Task wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 09:53:
David Swanson's summary of The International Forum of Globalization's study:
"The energy put into mining, processing, and shipping uranium, plant construction, operation, and decommissioning is roughly equal to the energy a nuclear plant can produce in its lifetime. In other words, nuclear energy does not add any net energy.

Not counted in that calculation is the energy needed to store nuclear waste for hundreds of thousands of years.

David Swanson? Who is this guy? Who are these people of the Forum? Did you research any of your sources? Are these people even scientists?

Meanwhile countries like China have 24 NEW reactors under construction ath this very moment...

Yeah Im gonna believe some random conspiracy theorist on the internet...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 11:05 InBlack

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 10:52:
How could you tell that it was a French flag from any other white flag being flown?

Ouch! Pretty major burn...however I think you got em mixed up with the Italians

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
1. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

Hey KXmode!? Did you reach out to CIG and talk to them in a rational manner? Is that how you got your money back?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

American fries! Remember those? I remember the international press ridiculing America over that one right before Afghanistan and Iraq....ugh.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 09:49 InBlack

Currently at 2W/5L for my initial ranking position. Really crappy when 2 of those lost games were due to people being AFK or trolling...:/  

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 08:36 InBlack

Now now people. Let's not get sidetracked here, I'm all for berating Axis on the point of his stupid climate denial shit but his point about nuclear power is valid and stands. If we take a contrary stance on that we are just as rabid and irrational as he is on climate change denial.

Statistically speaking nuclear power is safer and cleaner than any other mainstream power source. (Not sure about solar and wind, but those are hardly mainstream).

Even when taking all the accidents into account modern countries (there have been three so far right?) consider the number of power stations, their years in operation and their power output and efficiency compared to anything else.

Coal, Oil and even Natural Gas power plants can't come close, and they pollute several magnitudes more than the OLDEST of nuclear power plants, let alone the newfangled ones being built in Finland and Norway for example which produce waste fissile material which can be converted and recycled into fuel again.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Aug 21, 2015, 08:12 InBlack

Whats the one thing every movie needs to be good? A good script. That goes for pretty much nearly every movie ever made, or that will ever get made, regardless of genre.

The material that is adapted doesn't really matter, as long as the script is good. Case in point: Prometheus. Wonderful cinematography, good acting, great visuals, great directing, great atmosphere, shitty script.

End result? Terrible movie.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 05:42 InBlack

Anyone seen that Ben Kingley sci-fi Self/Less. Looks really interesting but its not playing in any movie theaters in my city (might have missed it) and Im itching to see it...  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 05:33 InBlack

You don't even need much science to get this. Just use common sense. Hey lets take all that coal and oil that has been forming in the sediment for a couple of billion years and burn it in our atmosphere in a couple of centuries. What could go wrong?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 21, 2015, 05:30 InBlack

The ironic thing is that all of this has hardly produced any backlash against Ashley Madison. Sure there might be a few lawsuits in the works, but their brand recognition has just skyrocketed ever since the leak. People who have never heard of the page will be registering in droves. Yeah, people are stupid.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 14:41:
Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 12:08:
InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 09:46:
Everyone has roaches. People who think they don't have roaches are just living in denial.

Or they clean their place.

+1

You can clean your apartment morning 'till sundown, no way you will get them out of the walls, ducts, elevator shafts etc. They are the scourge of the city. Even in the burbs, you can see them. Although they are usually outside on the street rather than in the home.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
24. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 21, 2015, 02:40 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 15:49:
You could definitely add a first person view to xcom. In fact, I'd love it. You keep the exact same gameplay, but you can press a button to see the battlefield from your soldier's point of view. You could aim your gun to select targets or where to go, and you could clearly see what he sees and what he doesn't. Maybe you could even walk like in a shooter and draw your walking path for your turn that way. Once you made your plan, you'd press ok and he would move on his own just like before. It would really help with immersion. The game would be harder to play if you only used that view though.

As for Fallout, if you ask me, going first person was a great idea. To me, it was an improvement to the game. Sequels should improve on previous games' mechanics, not carbon copy everything and give it a new coat of pain.

Begone demon! You have no power here! Begone!

9012 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo