Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7794 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2014, 05:57 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:12:
InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 10:58:
harlock wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 10:12:
InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:56:
(by punk standards: the best bend ever)

ha no fucking way

Do tell...

first of all, its by your standards.. you dont speak for "punk" in general..

but id put Chrome and Devo up top.. Black Flag and Subhumans as well.. Misfits and Exploited for style points i guess.. Crass and Fear rounding it out a bit

plenty of punk bands much more "punk" than the fucking clash.. they are a great band, but hell no they arent "the best band ever - simpsons guy"

I was actually speaking in pure musical terms, regardless of genre so we are in agreement here. Musically the Clash is more post-punk than punk and their music is much more than three chords through blaring cabinets for the mosh pitting masses. While I appreciate punk as a movement, it contributed very little if anything to the evolution of rock and roll. This is my opinion and as such feel free to disagree with any and all parts of that I wrote.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2014, 05:50 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:52:
Oh and before I forget. It would be almost impossible to have a controlled demolition of a tower that you're purposely crashing an airplane into. If thermite or some similar was used you would have no way of guaranteeing it wouldn't be set off prematurely by external factors. You also would have little control over where the plane itself crashed, flying at those speeds into the side of a building is not exactly a precision event and we already know the planes were legitimately hijacked thanks to evidence provided by passengers.

The idea that the government somehow knew about the attacks, got inside ahead of the events and knew exactly where to place explosives when the terrorists themselves didn't even have this info until the relative last minute is frankly preposterous. That's without going into the impossibility of keeping a conspiracy this large with so much organization needed yet so many victims. Victims who would have family and other ties to the supposed conspirators, ensuring someone would speak up.

I think I've given this fantasy enough attention, a lot more than it deserves. I suggest you move onto more credible and legitimate problems related to the government, it's not like there is a lack of them to pursue. There is really no need for children's theater with tragedies.

While I applaud your efforts I fear they are wasted on Littleme and his ilk. These kinds of people will always ignore logic and warp facts to fit their worldview, while espousing that they are keeping an open mind. Very few of them realise that they are exhibiting the very same behaviour as those that they claim are brainwashed into docility and subservience. Another brand of sheeple and very useful to those who wish to maintain the status quo.

News Comments > Blizzard AMA Today
9. Re: Blizzard AMA Today Dec 16, 2014, 05:43 InBlack

Graham wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 14:28:
InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:52:
Why did you fuck up Diablo you bastards?

It's really not that hard to figure out: it was in development hell for a decade when someone said "why don't we build a full-priced product with a weird f2p/auction house mechanic driving the loot system"

And instead of that person being booed out of the boardroom, they were put in charge of the project.

It was a much bigger fuckup than that: Cartoon characters. Childish story. Imperius (lol how original). Bnet 2.0 (which the original Bnet left in the dust as far as functionality is concerned). Shitty meaningless PvP. 4 player games (down from 8) etc. etc. etc....

*sigh*

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
47. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 05:23 InBlack

This just means that the game wont be Greenlit. If the developers find another publisher then the game might very well appear on Steam. However I dont find this very likely, Valve will shirk away from the controversy and will probably keep the game out of its stores unless it proves to be very popular and sells well through other venues.

This is their right, a company can chose who to do business with. I for one agree that they should have every right to choose who to do business with and on what terms.

News Comments > Vox Machinae VR Demo
7. Re: Vox Machinae VR Demo Dec 16, 2014, 05:16 InBlack

Ok I just pored over their website and the features of this upcoming game. I cant test the demo since I dont have a DK2 (TrackIR FTW). I have a few questions, perhaps those who are following the game's progress could help me out.

Will the game work without an Oculus once its released?

Second what the hell is Story Authoring Module? Sounds like mumbo jumbo make believe phrase for a dynamic campaign which have been the staple of flight sims for decades. They are also boring as hell and I dont see em pulling off interesting and meaningful story modes with a procedural campaign AI director mode.

I like sandboxes, but I would really like a single player game. This is where Mechwarrior shined, its rich story and lore were always a huge attraction. I can't see this working unless they plan on spending years and years in development hell with this.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2014, 06:00.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 11:23 InBlack

Ahh makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that Blue  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 10:58 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 10:12:
InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:56:
(by punk standards: the best bend ever)

ha no fucking way

Do tell...

3. Re: Blizzard AMA Today Dec 15, 2014, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:53:
I believe it's Hearthstone based, BTW.

Then it should be called: Ask Me Anything As Long As It's Only About Hearthstone.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

While the Clash were certainly an influental and great band (by punk standards: the best bend ever) I for one really can't compare them to the Beatles. Say what you will about the 'fake' beatlemania but the Beatles were truly the first planetary popular band and this was waaaay before the music industry discovered it didnt need good music to sell records. They truly made some fucking incredible music.  

1. Re: Blizzard AMA Today Dec 15, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

Why did you fuck up Diablo you bastards?  

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
5. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 09:51 InBlack

Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:48:
Axis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:42:
More useless bloat in their OS... as expected.

On this we are in full agreement.

Microsoft's treatment of PC gaming over the years is one of the biggest missed opportunities I've seen and its all the more glaring because its on their own turf.

Or it could also be seen as the biggest success of the Xbox division within Microsoft.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2014, 08:59 InBlack

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 08:42:
Those analogies are flawed

Quinn wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 08:08:
while The Witcher gives a form of immersion similar to reading a good book.
High budget AAA titles provide immersion in the same way a hollywood blockbuster does. Visually. Loads of luscious visuals. You're immersed superficially.

Dwarf Fortress gives a form of immersion similar to doing a jigzaw puzzle

Dwarf Fortress requires a level of imagination to enjoy. The systems and control you have go beyond what you can experience with a closed world dominated by high end but mostly static visuals. The systems can transcend what amounts to walking around inside a menagerie of pretty things.

The majority of recently released titles that flaunt immersion are really just FPS titles with stats and scripted events. Whether it's Watchdogs, GTA or Skyrim.

Graphics are the safest route to "immersion". But for some it's a shallow immersion. Immersion that starts from the gameplay design up that isn't limited to FPS/third person adventure gameplay goes beyond most of the AAA output at the moment.

Well said.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2014, 08:32 InBlack

What you are talking about is immersion for sure, but not the kind of immersion I'm talking about. I think it's comparable with doing a jigsaw puzzle and reading a good book. Dwarf Fortress gives a form of immersion similar to doing a jigzaw puzzle while The Witcher gives a form of immersion similar to reading a good book. I only care for the latter form. It's literally the one and only reason I play games.

You might not like Dwarf Fortress (and I dont either) but that doesnt mean that some people dont find it immersive. They might grow attached to their little dwarves, they might even imagine a huge setting in which their fortress resides, and even invent a back story for themselves and make up their own story. Its all down to imagination and how well the game is crafted. For them Dwarf fortress IS like reading a good book.

Anyway my point is that without good gameplay elements and an accessible UI a game can VERY EASILY break any and all immersion. It doesnt matter if the game is an indy, or a triple-A title.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2014, 06:04 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 05:43:
Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 20:12:
Quinn wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 18:28:
My god Steam is becoming a fucking mess. Indie & early-access & Free To Play garbage everywhere I look. I personally don't upgrade my PC for 1200,- every 3 years to play that weird arcady shite. Immersion, man. Some quality RPG stuff. No sidescrollers or random generating maps crap. Hate to see this becoming the new PC thang.

/rage
(seriously, open your Steam app on your smartphone right now and feel where I'm coming from)

83 hours into DA:I and still got 3 huge areas to explore. Loving it. Can't wait for The Witcher 3 either. Luckily not all devs resort to the low-effort-big-cash-in shite Steam is swamped with these days.

Weird. I feel like you're me. Same feeling about Steam and I'm at the same point in DA:I as you and loving it. Weird.

Somehow read over this post last night (it was 4AM :P). Feels good to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about Steam! Funny how I'm stepping on people's toes here, obviously. Obviously, we can all have our opinions as long as it's not in conflict with others.

I just hate these half-arsed, simple games -- and for the record, I'm comparing it to stuff like DA:I, The Witcher, Wolfenstein, Skyrim etc. There's PC gamers here who act like this and that relatively simple indie-game is their wet dream come true, yet try their hardest to bitch about everything a big fish releases simply because it "can take the beating" (learned that much from earlier threads). Silly. There's this little and maybe irrational fear inside me other devs will catch wind of this thang going on, and maybe in a few years all we have is Wastelands, Dungeon Defenders and side-scrolling survival sims. While all these kinda games are fun in their own way, there's one thing they can't deliver and that's immersion, which is why they leave me as cold as ice.

Dont worry Quinn, the thing that has driven game development for the past ten years or so was profit. The big AAA houses will always play it safe, so your large 'immersive' games are safe as houses.

I love immersive games, but my definition of what makes a game good or immersive seems to be much more different than yours. I for one expect a functional UI and gameplay elements that will allow myself to experience the game fully and not get frustrated or bored. A game becomes immersive when I forget that Im playing a game. A badly designed UI or a horrible console port breaks down that illusion pretty quickly in my case.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 02:52 InBlack

NASA getting a 2% increase in funding! 2% Holy shit, lets break open the blow and call some hookers, wooohoooO!  

23. Re: honking their horn Dec 15, 2014, 02:50 InBlack

Prez wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 06:46:
People are such self-centered, inconsiderate assholes. I have 7 dogs and I fall over myself naking sure they do not bark and bother my neighbors, meanwhile all my neighbors leave their dogs out to bark incessantly at 6am on a Sunday.

7 dogs? 7? You a fan of Snow White or what?

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
16. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 15, 2014, 02:38 InBlack

...as opposed to Diablo III, which failed to deliver on promised PvP features upon launch, and has not substantially lived up to this commitment since then...

Damn you Blizzard. You created and then you destroyed my favorite game franchise of all time.

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
20. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 13, 2014, 04:15 InBlack

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 22:03:
dsmart wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 21:57:
So, I hear some of you are kicking yourselves for bitching at me when I said I wanted to make FS3 few years back?

Heh. The thing isn't, Derek, that we don't want FS3 to be made. It's that there's little trust that you would do it justice. You've made interesting games, to be sure, and I'll leave aside the whole broohaha about how broken they are that always follows them, but they also tend to be a bit of a "all that and the kitchen sink too!" variety. Kinda like SC, really.

FS, as you well know, is nothing like that. It's about the pure, smooth-as-silk art of dogfighting in space, and the sheer mind-blowing awe you feel when you first see just how fucking BIG those enemy cap ships are. Without it, it wouldn't be FS. And people just don't think you can deliver on that.

In any case, like I already said before, why bother with the IP? It's the most generic sci-fi tripe imaginable. Write some new fiction, make FS3, call it "Free in Space" and blammo.

I dunno I never felt it was generic. Perhaps during the early parts of the first game it felt like a rip on Wing Commander, but the game's universe and story grew on you. Not to mention the sexy ships and the incomprehensible truly alien antagonists. FS2 especially is hailed as one of the best space 'sims' ever made, despite the dissapointing sales. It would be a shame to let the IP go to waste, especially if someone like Volition would be on board for another go at it.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

Damn those mysgonystic bastards for including women and even *gasp* prostitutes in my open world game!

Now excuse me while I go and mow down some cops with my submachine gun.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
6. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

Dupe the Zod man! Its teh shiiit!!  

7794 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo