Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Oct 20, 2015, 06:38 InBlack

Well good luck to you Star Wars fans, I hope J.J. doesn't skewer the movies and the universe for you like he did with my beloved Star Trek....with that said, I don't see how he could do worse than Lucas did already...

He needs a good Villain though, it's hard to see how he will ever top Vader...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
112. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 04:17 InBlack

Citizen P wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 02:38:
Star Citizen posts are the daily hate around here. People come for these posts, not necessarily explicitly only for them, but with the full intention to commiserate with like-minded fellows and get a deep bitter draft of vitriol to the point of absolute parody. There is no objectively, just a deep loathing about a game that they are either paradoxically waiting to see if its good, have no interest in playing, or have already divested themselves of their previous donations. You're either going to shit, or get off the pot: standing in the washroom complaining about the smell makes you look stupid, or it means you like it. Do you like it?

Another blanket statement, look Krovven, this is the definition of taking a huge fucking dump one the entire Blues community. Something that arguably the founder of said community (and the members themselves) might take offense at.

Now an example of something that isn't a blanket statement: Fuck your blanket statements CitizenP, if you don't like it here go back to the hole you crawled out of!

111. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 04:14 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 22:04:
Kosumo, Blues post was no less trolling than the other guys post. Blue hasn't made a post like that I've seen in relation to SC before, for either side of the debate.

The amount of shit posted from either side over the last many weeks and that's the post he chooses to comment on?

Do you understand the difference between a blanket statement and the other forms of trolling? Do you understand why Blue would take offense at something like that? I don't think you do, so I'll illustrate below:

72. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:03 InBlack

Tumbler wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:58:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:18:

You realize that DCS is not fun right? It's neat and Cool but anything that takes 11 minutes to just undock is a fucking chore.

Ha! You, sir, don't know how to have fun!

I installed the new DCS 1.5 module last week and went about installing all the available aircraft I had available and firing them all up just to see if I could do it. The FW-190 gave me quite a bit of trouble, everything was in german for starters, because the engine startup sequence on that thing involved a weird charge switch that you'd have to hold in the up position for about 10 seconds then press it down to fire the engine. This wasn't explained well enough in the instructions so I kept trying to fire the engine without enough charge to actually turn it over. You can imagine how many laughs I got when I couldn't start it for the 5th time in a row. So I fired up the ole youtube and watched someone else do it. Had a good laugh see that the engine start level needed to be held up for you actually start the engine, obviously, hahaha.

And then I tried starting up the p51. That was in english so I figured I'd be able to stumble through it but a very similar problem came up. I'd kick over the engine and it wouldn't start! Well after a good laugh seeing the engine spin up and sputter to a halt at least a dozen times I fired up the ole youtuber and watched someone do it to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Turns out you have to start the engine once with a mixture of oil and gas then let it stop, then move the mixture lever back to normal operation and fire it up a second time to get the engine to start. Apparently I was essentially flooding the engine when I started it in the primer position. Once I got that engine running it purred like a kitten. So I promptly kicked that engine into gear and tryed to taxi my way out to the runway only to roll my plane because I failed to keep my speed low enough so I could turn without causing the plane to spin around and blow up.

It was glorious fun!

You can skip all this fun though, you can just tell it to drop you on the runway ready for take off. Turn on the take off assist and auto rudder and you only need to push the engine power up and you'll take off.

Flying is a whole different level of fun too! So many things to screw up that will send you cartwheeling into the ground!

Agreed, DCS is awesome. I have a pretty good setup Im really comfortable with now finally. TrackIR5, MS FFB2 joystick (force feedback FTW!), Saitek Pro Pedals, X52 HOTAS throttle. Starting up a virtual plane might not be everyone's cup of tea but when you realize that it's done exactly like in the real one and knowing that you could jump into a real cockpit and do it is an immensely satisfying feeling. Just starting up, taking her up, flying for a bit and landing safely is like nothing else really. Not to mention getting into the combat. Currently Im learning the L39C and loving it even though it's just a trainer.

With all of that said, Im not looking for that in a space sim. I want them to make a good game, and so far nothing that RSI has shown of Star Citizen has me convinced they are anywhere close to that goal.

45. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 13:27 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 13:18:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 12:56:
Every time they just shift the focus - the S42 reveal was good so suddenly it's 'they must have spent $37m on the cast'. It's comical.

As Taylor Swift sang: haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Blahblah parroting the company line as always and taking everything at face value instead of looking at what is actually happening and drawing conclusion on your own.

Besides, I for one am not shifting focus. I've already said that the Squadron 42 reveal sucked major ass. Even Uwe Boll would be embarrassed if he showed off a cheesy pretentious trailer speech like that. That crap was not even B-movie worthy.
No, Sir. They showed zero Squadron 42 gameplay. Z.E.R.O. Nada. Zilch. Niente. Fuck all.
Just a cheesy as fuck mo-capped Gary Oldman who can't even pronounce the name of his character -Admiral Bishop- straight at his age. Fuck their lame-ass Squadron 42 reveal. It couldn't have been more disappointing than that.

Actually I thought the Sq42 trailer was pretty cool. Would have been better with Malcolm McDowell but still, pretty cool. The thing is this though, it was just a pretty cutscene. Thats all. Then we got to see the player walking around on a ship interacting with crew mates. Once again, pretty cool. But where is the gameplay? Where is the meat of the game? Star Trek Elite Force had you walking around on a ship. But that was a first person shooter released 15 years ago. Where is the ship to ship combat? Where are the mission briefings? Where is the ship loadout screen? Where are the missions? Where is the combat? Where does it all come together? Show me some of that and I'll be excited that they might have a game on their hands. Until then it's like CJ said, smoke and mirrors.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 12:21 InBlack

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 02:49:
No. 1 bestselling game all week hasn't even been released yet. I wonder how many of those who bought in on the hype will be completely underwhelmed and disappointed once the game ships?

Probably less than 0.0001% of the ones who will buy the game and have a metric crapton of fun with it.

I hope you are right.

28. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 12:15 InBlack

descender wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:57:
... and if they spent their time fixing the animations at this early development stage you'd just bitch that they should be focusing on core gameplay first or some other bullshit.

There is literally nothing they could say that you would believe or that will please you until they release something, just admit that and move on.

Actually there is. They could simply release a video of someone playing through one mission in Squadron42. You know briefing, flight deck, launch, space-flight through various waypoints, maybe some combat and a RTB. A typical mission from the Wing Commander days of old. Thats all. Simple really. This video of someone floating around in a space station is not gonna cut it.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
22. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 09:24:
They serve a purpose as a generational bridge, I don't see whats so wrong with doing them.

I was making a lame joke. If I were to hazard a guess, I think that EA doesn't want to renegotiate the licensing fees for these properties all over again. I'm reasonably sure that it doesn't own the IPs of the most popular of the games.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
20. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

Good, neither have I! Ha!  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 03:26 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 03:07:
InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 02:49:
No. 1 bestselling game all week hasn't even been released yet. I wonder how many of those who bought in on the hype will be completely underwhelmed and disappointed once the game ships?

Hmm, I preordered 10 copies and plan on selling them on ebay at 100% markup. Will I get burned?

I don't know. Is it going to be a limited release? Are they going to run out of stock? This is not what Im talking about anyway.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Expanded Merc Campaign Coming
24. Re: BATTLETECH Expanded Merc Campaign Coming Oct 19, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

Cautiously optimistic about this one. They've done successful Kickstarters before so no worries about feature creep, lousy management, etc. Fingers crossed!  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 12:23 InBlack

There is no landing in this video.  

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
20. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 12:21 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:06:
nVidia drivers are often available on third-party websites before they even appear on the nVidia website, so I'm not concerned about this. For most people this will be convenient. I update my drivers through Geforce Experience because it's more convenient. The only thing that's slightly scummy is requiring a valid email address, as you know they'll sell that on or spam you.

Huh? I don't remember entering my email address anywhere and I've yet to receive a single email from Nvidia... Confused

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
6. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 10:57 InBlack

So how resource hungry is Geforce Experience anyway when you've got it running in your taskbar tray? I've been running it for ages now and never noticed any problems and it's a handy way to stay up to date with your drivers since it basically notifies you when there is a driver ready for download.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer
23. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 09:49 InBlack

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 09:43:

Live-action is a term that is used when something is normally animated in some way. Like the big deal that was made when the Dragon Ball movie was going to be live-action rather than animated. Course we know how that turned out...

Yes I'm familiar with the term being used in in the animation and film industry, just never encountered it used in this context before. I probably would have connected the dots if they had shown the face of the actor, but it looked like really heavily post-processed CGI or in-game footage. Which in retrospect is I guess exactly the look they were going for...

20. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 08:58 InBlack

Cabezone wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 08:53:
It's even a term specifically used for real people acting in something that's usually animated...so yeah.

Thats a real person and a real dog?? Well....okay then now it makes sense. I thought it was a heavily post processed piece of CGI. Guess I am really stupid after all, and blind.

Also living under a rock it seems, as Ive never seen this kind of trailer for a video game before, but all of you people seem to be really familiar with them.

16. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 07:47 InBlack

Yeah silly, stupid, retarded me for thinking live action, would be live action. As in unfiltered, raw, un-edited live-action footage. Im really stuupid, maybe I should get my IQ checked.  

13. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2015, 06:25 InBlack

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 04:20:
InBlack wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 02:49:
subx wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 20:32:
Taking "not actual game footage" to a new level.

Yeah, if that was "actual game footage" Im the fucking pope. Why the fuck does Bethesda get a pass on this? It shouldn't & this is getting fucking ridiculous, Gamers are it seems the most gullible fucking people on the planet...(next to those Literal Bible idiots)

Probably gets a pass simply because it says "live-action" in the description and doesn't try to pass it off as in-game footage?

So, "live-action" does not mean "in-game"? Holy semantics Batman! I'm sure that's the excuse their marketing team is going to use when people start complaining about the graphics once the game is released, I mean 60 years of TV use of the word "live" just flushed down the toilet...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 16, 2015, 02:57 InBlack

WaltC wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 23:10:
Win10 is very nice...if you are still using Win7/8.1, however, I'd recommend waiting to upgrade until the next major release of Win10 for everyone, coming in about a month or so--reason being that it will allow users to activate Win10 using their Win7/8.1 product keys, which is really nice and long overdue. I'm in the Insiders using build 10565 and as of this build just released to us the Win7/8/8.1 product keys are all you need to activate...! Much better than all of that "reinstall your upgrade OS and then upgrade to 10" garbage...;)

There's tons more "spyware" in Android than there is in Win10, btw. Microsoft "spying" on people is just more nonsense from the Snowden School of Stupidity...but people love their little conspiracies, don't they?...;) (Sometimes lately reading the headlines I feel as though I've traveled back in time to a medieval world drenched in superstition where people saw wood sprites and faeries everywhere. Only difference today is that "spirits" are electronic in nature--the fear and superstition part hasn't changed at all--just human nature, I guess.)

"Snowden School of Stupidity"??? Really?? Except, you know fairies and wood sprites are imaginary, but the fucking NSA is not...this has got to be one of the most idiotic posts Ive read all week.

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo