Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8211 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
7. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 11:22 InBlack

LgFriess wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:21:
I wonder if there will be a single person that will buy this game when it releases. It seems like every single person on the planet and their dog has already backed it.

I've just decided to wait until they do a Elite Dangerous type of release. Which is to say, here is a strong backbone of a game, come along for the ride.

BTW SpectralMeat, my TrackIR5 is getting here next week. Some of your previous posts helped me decide I have to have one. Picking up Elite was my tipping point to finally buy.

You will love it. Although the implementation in Elite isnt the greatest TBH it is functional and will improve your SA byleaps and bounds.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 02:57 InBlack

Necrophob wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:42:
I liked This is the End, but The Interview was a stinker. Glad I only spent the $6 on it for the VOD, instead of going to a theater for the disappointment.

This is the End was really awesome, and I agree that the Interview cant really compare, but as far as buddy buddy comedies go I thought it was pretty decent. I do have a thing for Seth Rogen films, people are always going on about how low brow these movies are and I really dont get that. The jokes are crude and ridiculous but they spare no one (including and perhaps especially themselves) and it takes intelligence to 'get' that.

News Comments > Aliens Games Back on Steam
13. Re: Aliens Games Back on Steam Jan 8, 2015, 02:45 InBlack

|RaptoR| wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:57:
I enjoyed the hell out of A:CM. More than got my moneys worth. Not sure what made that game so cool to hate outside of the E3 video, but it was a solid title with good gameplay and fun multiplayer.

To each his own I suppose

Wow really? Have you played any of the AvP games?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 7, 2015, 04:29 InBlack

Michael Fassbinder is the Timothy Olyphant of the new decade  

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins
11. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 7, 2015, 04:23 InBlack

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 17:57:
When I first heard about this, I thought well maybe they'll do better this time. And then I saw that it was free-to-play and they lost me.

AFAIK Brink was not F2P. It still ended up sucking balls. At least this way, anyone can try it and see for themselves.

News Comments > Devolver Asks About Seaman Remake
6. Re: Devolver Asks About Seaman Remake Jan 5, 2015, 18:05 InBlack

Ahhh, Seaman and Swallow. My favorite superhero and sidekick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYkq037wPoE

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam
16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 18:22 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:50:
JayDeath wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 11:41:
I never understood all the hate for AvP 2010. I had a lot of fun with the campaigns and it's still is one of the prettiest games out there.
Easy, people wanted AvP2, which was great. They got AvP...something...where the aliens felt like they were running through cheese. Unlike the nimble, quick, and overpowering bugs they were in the first two games.

This. 1000 this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2015, 10:24 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:38:
nin wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:32:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 13:28:
I'm planning on drinking some beer. At home. Cheers Drinkers Drunk2

Same here, getting blitzed...at home. Can't decide if I want to crank up Heavy Metal, 1941, or Snowpiercer. Not seen the first two in years, and SP since the theater.

All great films, but I'd go with Snowpiercer. Man, that movie was batshit insane. I was really skeptical going in, but it was so good.

Agreed. Snowpiercer was really cool. (No pun intended )

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
23. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 InBlack

Frijoles wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 11:58:
Necrophob wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 11:32:
Change your pw regularly, use randomly generated pw, use keypass, and keep the keypass datafile on a usb (pw wallets are the new target).

I lose USB drives weekly it seems. I hope some day I find where they're all going. It'll be like finding a treasure.

USBs are the socks of the 21st century...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

I definitely wish everyone a much better new year than the last, mine sure as hell wasnt that great...  

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
2. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 10:06 InBlack

Yeah. EA being honest as you please. Right.  

26. Re: Researchers: We can detect life on other worlds through its [sic] vibrations Dec 31, 2014, 06:03 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 03:22:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 02:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 02:32:
In the end this isn't so much about grammar as it is about the meaning that the correct grammar implies. Although I don't think blues had that in mind.

To me, the only logically correct way to say what the article *means* is if you say that you can measure life through a worlds vibration.

Sounds like you're still not getting it... We can detect life on other worlds through life's vibrations.

Also, though not the meaning of the article, shouldn't your bolded word be world's ?

I have no idea about that Should it?

How would you know what you receive is vibration caused by life if you never have found life before and you have only 1 limited definition of life to begin with? You wouldn't even know what kind of vibrations possible-life not based on earth would create when you measure such things.

Honestly asking, how is life even defined in this context? Would you detect algae? Plants? What about bacteria? That's all life too...

You should really read the article. Apparently it detects life on a cellular level, i.e. it detects the presence of cells by a specific vibration they produce. Apparently all cells do it, although admitedly they have not tested it that extensively.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 31, 2014, 02:47 InBlack

TheVocalMinority wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 02:27:
Suppa7 wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 16:44:
Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 11:54:
Well stop fucking using social media than and problem solved. Honestly, the way people go on about this shit when there's an such an obvious solution.

People are not free, nor rational. The human mind didn't evolve based on the idea of free choice or free market theory. The human brain simply doesn't work like this. Our society is organized around the philosophical basis that human beings are "free" to "decide" when the evidence is overwhelming in the other camp: That human beings are not free and the whole idea of responsibility is flawed.

I'm really curious about the experience of living with this kind of belief system. Do you get up in the morning and wander through your day with no concept that you are the source of the actions of your body? Are your actions essentially random or deterministically dictated by the world around you? Do you ever deliberate on any topic or possible course of action?

It strikes me largely as a philosophical/political position rather than something rational (although I do like that part of this is the claim that people are not rational as it sets up a very nice paradox). I don't believe the claim of their being evidence of "free will" not existing is really defensible when the concept itself is not particularly well defined, even if a team of neuroscientist have managed to predict, with a statistically signification degree of certainty, the arbitrary action that a person with their head stuck in an nMRI machine will make before the self report of that decision is made (which I think is what your "overwhelming evidence" consists of).

You are oversimplifying. Which Suppa is guilty of too admitedly. The point is that our idea of 'self' is an illusion or rather its something that is very fluid. We do deliberate internaly, we can philosophise and we do have intelligence. It's just that when we do these things we do not really understand our motivations for doing them. Please dont confuse this with choice, we can and frequently do choose but the question is WHY one choice over another. This is much more murkier territory and a very interesting subject in neuroscience.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 31, 2014, 02:31 InBlack

*cough* *clears throat*

Ahem. Told you so. Ha!

News Comments > Diablo III Season One End Nears
4. Re: Diablo III Season One End Nears Dec 31, 2014, 02:13 InBlack

Does not even come close to the ladder play of D2. What a waste *sigh*  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2014, 08:44 InBlack

The more Im playing Elite Dangerous, the less I appreciate the flight model. Its simply put, lacking.

Biggest culprit: Strange physics with regards to the roll and turn rate.

I simply cant accept that rolling and turning is somehow dependant on your 'speed' something that makes absolutely no sense from a Newtonian (or any other) physical theory of motion.

For some reasons all the ships turn best when they are at about 50-60% of their max 'speed'. There is no physical basis in reality for this. Its the biggest peeve Ive had about ED: Dangerous so far, there are others but this needs to be corrected.

Simply put this is how it should be, bigger more massive ships turn and roll slower than smaller less massive ships. End of story. Im going to go post this on the ED forums right now!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 30, 2014, 02:59 InBlack

PropheT wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 01:12:
Veterator wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 00:01:
A lot of things are simply too expensive to fix.

That's sadly the truth. I can fix practically anything I get my hands on provided I have the parts, but more often than not it's either not worth it or the parts aren't available.

The dishwasher was a good example, since I have a dead one right now that I could probably fix but can't get parts for (it's not that old, either). My furnace needed work at the beginning of winter, but I couldn't fix that because if I did the power company wouldn't service it anymore... I wound up fixing that one anyway since it was an electrical issue, and they would have just replaced everything.

I wonder how much of it is that a younger generation isn't able to fix things, or just can't because shit's not designed for it anymore or has so many warranty/legal hoops that you can't get parts or service done even if you did crack it open.

People also forget how our consumer society is built. Things are not built to last or get repaired anymore. Look at cars. Cars are nowhere as solidly or well built as they used to be. That is on purpose. Our economy is built on spending cash on useless shit that is supposed to break down and die, so we can buy new useless shit.

Most kids these days cant think without turning on their cell phone or PC, so its no wonder that they cant spell let alone fix shit. But thats ok, they are not supposed to.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Gender Assumptions Dec 30, 2014, 02:57 InBlack

cento wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 22:33:
Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 22:10:
It's a fair assumption because most of them are. Just like most chefs are men. There's noting sexist in it as it's a safe assumption and no one is saying women are incapable of being professors so stick that SJW BS up your ass or go be offended with the rest of the clowns on a site like Polygon.

And it is still clear you comment on articles without actually reading them.

Not that that is surprising.

Hahahha. Busted!

News Comments > Red Goddess Trailer
3. Re: Red Goddess Trailer Dec 30, 2014, 02:55 InBlack

Wildone wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 19:23:
Pretty fugly for a 'goddess'

Yeah we all know that drawing pretty female characters in games is sexist and misogynist. Just look at Super Mario! Rolleyes

News Comments > Talos Principle Punishes Pirates
3. Re: Talos Principle Punishes Pirates Dec 29, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Overon wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 09:33:
The game has to detect that are you are using some pirated software. Why wouldn't people who bypass copy protection bypass this too?

They are well aware that it will get cracked at some point. Still, its not a bad way to implement DRM. It gives them some more publicity and shows that they have a sense of humour to go along with it.

8211 Comments. 411 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo