Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8521 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 10:30 InBlack

A black hole is not really absent, nor is it really a hole.

(Sorry to nitpick Verno, slow day at work I guess )

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Linux Alpha
1. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Linux Alpha Mar 13, 2015, 09:12 InBlack

Is TrackIR support in yet? Can you look around your cockpit like in E:D?  

News Comments > User-designed TF2 Taunts
1. Re: User-designed TF2 Taunts Mar 13, 2015, 09:11 InBlack

Ok, this made me lol.  

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
39. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 13, 2015, 07:39 InBlack

NKD wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 22:37:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 17:53:

You're going to try to have a discussion with Cutter? Why? I don't even have to read his post to know that his argument is going to be, "someone is making money, so fuck 'em all."

There's nothing Cuttard hates more than hearing about a business making a dollar. Especially if they have more than 20 employees. He needs to be sent back in time so he can live in the paradise of family run businesses that he envisions.

Anyway, I don't really see the big deal with regards to regional pricing. There are things you can't sell in poor countries because the cost to produce them is higher than you could reasonable get away with charging. Digital goods are not one of those things. So, instead of not selling their product at all, they sell it on the cheap. If people in Western countries are trying to get their hands on the product just as cheaply, good for them, but they shouldn't feel entitled to it. The only reason that low price is viable in those regions is that the alternative is no sales in that region at all.

If too many people in wealthy countries start grabbing games at the regional price for Bumfuckistan, they either have to start restricting it, and if that doesn't work, simply stop selling their game in Bumfuckistan. Because when push comes to shove, they'd rather continue to charge you $60 than sell in Bumfuckistan.

When I see people bitching about regional pricing it's hard NOT to come away with the impression that their opinion amounts to "Fuck you got mine" and that they don't realize they are shitting on a good thing for poor countries for their own personal benefit. A short-sighted benefit at that, since eventually the gravy train will stop when companies start losing too much money.

Except what you wrote is not quite true. Most east European countries have far lower standards than the EU or US and yet are region locked and have to pay more for games than their richer neighbours. How do you explain that?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2015, 05:22 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:33:
Oh no! Terry Pratchett RIP.

Bigcry

Very sorry to hear about Terry. Such a shame to see such a great and imaginative mind brought low by dementia. Although knowing his work, I hope the terrible irony of such an exit brought him at least one more laugh at his own expense. What a great man.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
34. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 12:02 InBlack

Zor wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:58:
I did read it. All I see is you whining and making shit up and being butthurt that it's not out yet because, idk, reasons. And impatience. Basically you never should invest in crowd funded game development if this is how you're going to cope with the completely predictable sequence of events.

Im impatient because the game that was originally pitched is not the same one that is currently being developed? Wow, just wow.

31. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:54 InBlack

Zor wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:35:
I don't know why people like you and Inblack continue to just conveniently choose to ignore everything Chris Roberts says about how and why the scope of the game has evolved the way it has relative to the level of crowd funding and community feedback that has been received.

Read my last post (#17) and maybe you will get a glimpse of insight as to why we feel that way. Hint, it's not convenient. Not at all.

20. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:02 InBlack

Armengar wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:00:
World of Tanks is very large too, the basic is probably 30gb, start adding HD models and your installation is north of 60gb. Not surprising then for something with a lot of assets.

You better fucking hope Star Citizen doesnt turn into World of Tanks, cos that's exactly what it is at the moment (Arena Commander) only with space ships instead of tanks in your virtual hangar.

17. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 10:56 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:31:
InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:15:
Bullshit. It has everything to do with it. Hard-drive space would not be an issue if they would concentrate on doing a Space game first and foremost

"Pew Pew! Let's add in a first person shootar!!!!!"

I wish I'd never backed this on KS. What it was then, and what it is now are completely separate things. Even at $37, I have buyers remorse...

Well, at some point they will release... something. I hope. When I first became aware of Starcitizen I was fucking ecstatic, they were doing a single player space game in the vein of Wing Commander by the none other than creator of Wing Commander. In adition they offered a sandbox type game which you could play solo or with other people (no mention of the MMO word then) on your own dedicated servers. And that was it. There was some mention of boarding mechanics as an aditional stretch goal. It was a fucking dream come true! Finally, after all this time a space sim was being made!!! The vision didn't last as the stretch goals kept expanding and then overtaking the initial pitch, as Chris and Co. did everything in their possible power to hype the game and 'sell' it to as many forum posters as they could. This kind of developer interactivity with regular Joe posters was unheard of. Im sure it propelled the project to even greater reaches of hype mountain. At that point, and as the millions started to turn into the first ten million, the "Master Caution" light went on in my head. After that, each time SC was in the news and a new fantastic stretch goal was announced that light burned a little bit brighter. Fast forward to today and the relegation of the "episodic" single player game as basically a footnote to this supposed grand MMO juggernaut extraordinaire and the disspointment cycle is complete. Fuck CR and the rest of them for giving me hope in the first place and then for crushing it so completely....

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
5. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 10:32 InBlack

dubfanatic wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:18:
I don't know why games cost so much more in EU and AUS than in USA (my guess is it's to cover the cost of operating in those regions)

VAT tax, and because they can charge whatever they fucking want for it and get away with it.

9. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 10:15 InBlack

Zor wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:08:

"How can a space game be so fucking huge???"

the genre of the game has nothing to do with it

Bullshit. It has everything to do with it. Hard-drive space would not be an issue if they would concentrate on doing a Space game first and foremost, instead of and I quote:
The vision of the game is to be the most amazing visual experience on PC, period.

If anything this is even more evidence of the bloat that this project suffers from horribly. I shall call it Bloat Unseen, since the game (or multiple games in one at this point) is not out yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

#smokehash  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

I enjoyed that write-up by Dsmart. It's arrogant, smart-ass, egoistic (he just had to bring up his 2 multimilion-dollar companies that he runs) drivel, so typical Derek Smart. If you can get past all of that baggage, what he writes actually makes some sense.  

2. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Huh? 100Gbs, and that is with compression...What gives? How can a space game be so fucking huge??? Cryengine level size problems again? Also I would like to know what exactly do they mean by StarCitizen client? Does that include every module? (Even the unreleased ones?)

Also, apparently someone in that thread asked a question that what happens to the backers who opted in for "StarCitizen pre installed on a 16GB USB drive". These were sold towards the beginning of the kickstarter campaign.

His question was not answered.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2015, 05:13 InBlack

Well said NKD. However I really do hope that the FBI gets involved directly in Wu and Sarkesian's cases. I have serious doubts about their claims of (real life) death threats and intimidation, the FBI will not take kindly to someone who is leading them on.

Oh, and by the way. Go die in a fire. (Oh noes! Now Im one of those internet criminals!)

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
11. Re: Project CARS Delayed Mar 12, 2015, 03:20 InBlack

If I wasn't into DCS so much, id probably be into iRacing. It really is that good.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 11, 2015, 10:43 InBlack

Google is an even worse offender. I have no doubt in my mind that most of the 'smart' code that the NSA uses to parse and filter through the zetabytes of data it collects daily is based and developed in conjuction with the search engine and their engineers.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 10:20 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 10:07:
Right wing isn't a pejorative no matter how much you want it to be.

Right or wrong when I think of 'right-wing' the associations that spring to mind are not the nicests of kinds. All throughout history in the west, those on the 'right' side of politics always represented a very dehumanising force. For the life of me I can't think of a single right-wing politician that I liked, except for Putin maybe. And even though he is likeable, he is a downright evil bastard.

P.S. Sorry for off-topic.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
31. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 10:07 InBlack

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 09:30:
Comet wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 08:10:
Thing is, if you like their idea great. If not just move along.

Problem is they don't get what made descent great. The kinds of shit they talk about and the "features" give it away. It's going to be a steaming pile if it gets funded. I'm praying it doesn't.

The original creators had a hard enough time with descent 3. No doubt they are going to make it newb friendly and fuck up what made descent, descent. The limits on ship turn speed and other things like burners. you have to get mathematical properties right or else the game won't work. It's the same thing that happened to descent 3.

This is why Descent 2 is considered the pinnacle of Descent.

I agree. When you create a full 6-dof game in a zero gravity environment, you better make sure you get Newtonian motion down to a T! Things like inertia, ship mass etc. I doubt they will ever do anything but a very simplified flight model, but a man can hope can't he?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2015, 10:01 InBlack

Shit. If Obsidian goes under, who is going to do a decent followup to the mediocre Fallout4?  

8521 Comments. 427 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo