Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2014, 10:12 InBlack

Beer.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 28, 2014, 10:11 InBlack

Not that it really matters for the crossplatform titles. They are going to be built around the lowest common denominator anyway.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Delayed; Preorders Underway
3. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Delayed; Preorders Underway Jan 28, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

I still havent gotten around to getting the first one. Will have to remedy that situation soon...  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Plans Confirmed
2. Re: Titanfall Beta Plans Confirmed Jan 28, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

Erm....Xbox360 port? 6 vs 6 gameplay? Yeah COD in Mechs...  

News Comments > Leaked Source 2 Screenshot?
23. Re: Leaked Source 2 Screenshot? Jan 28, 2014, 09:24 InBlack

Why are you surprised its using Source? It will be released on the XBOX 360 as the lowest common denominator. Say what you will but that system is fucking ancient, and Source is a great and very efficient engine. There is nothing surprising about an old engine being chosen for what will be a last generation console port. (Yay for 6 vs 6 gameplay! & some bots!)  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
11. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 28, 2014, 03:16 InBlack

The first one was great. Would love to see the second one on Android/iOS.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jan 27, 2014, 10:39 InBlack

Re: Deathwing:

Thats gotta be the most useless review ever. Ever.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 10:22 InBlack

Blue wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:37:
EvilAsh wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:29:
Sadly you missed the best Grammys in years.
Seriously the performances were amazing. Imagine dragons did not disappoint. Metallica with Long the amazing pianist performing one was sick. Nin peforming at the end. Seriously was a great grammys.

And the pro-bowl.. was the closest pro-bowl in years and actually fun to watch. So yes you did miss out And you missed out big time.

I'm not trying to make either of these spectacles seem inherently bad, they're just not my cups of tea.

Football is supposed to be a competition, and having a game where the outcome is basically meaningless has never appealed to me, even if the outcome is close. And having it conducted between teams that were chosen up between two non-coaches just makes it seem that much more gimmicky and less appealing to me. At least in the past you could say the NFC or the AFC won or lost. A couple of years from now when they say Team Rice beat Team Sanders you won't even be able to remember who played for whom.

As for the GRAMMYs, its the opposite. Music is supposed to be art, not a competition, and declaring "winners" at it seems extremely self-indulgent to me, especially hearing the artists go on about how meaningful it all is.

I agree with the first sentiment, but regarding musicians like other 'artists' for most of them its not really about art at all. Its all about the ego and selling the most records. In which case the rewards make perfect sense.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Jan 27, 2014, 10:13 InBlack

nin wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:16:
"Blade Runner - What?!? Oh - GODAMMIT."

Yeah. Had the same brain fart Watched the movie again a few weeks ago. My gf had never seen it *gasp* and upon learning of this almost paradoxicaly strange fact, I proceeded to remedy it almost immediately. The movie is so damn good. Like Ridley Scott's other masterpiece, Alien I think the main reason why it works so well is the simplicity maybe even scarcity of the script. Its really, really lean. Every word, motion, scene jumps out as a result...

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2014, 10:19.

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
1. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Could be interesting maybe if my girlfriend wanted to play Maxmodded Skyrim on her shitbook...hmmm....  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 08:08 InBlack

Nope. Its the other way around. This death is bringing undue attention to Nvidia.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
14. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 27, 2014, 08:05 InBlack

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:12:
I wish phone bloatware was deletable everywhere (without rooting).

South Korea is all kinds of cool. Wonder if the angry backward neighbour with nuclear weapons to the North has anything to do with that situation.....

Remember when the US used to be cool? Yeah CCCP brought all kinds of awesome to the States...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
66. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 08:01 InBlack

Rotfl  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 07:22 InBlack

Which is exactly my point. The only reason this got picked up on a site like Jostiq (or any other gaming related site) is because the guy worked at Nvidia. Its giving extra traction to the story which it never would have recieved if the guy had worked at the local mill for e.g.  

62. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 06:59 InBlack

@Krovven:

Alpha = Buggy, Incomplete, Possibly broken, ADVERTISED AS SUCH!

Release = Buggy, Incomplete, Possibly broken, ADVERTIZED AS NONE OF THESE THINGS!

See the difference??

News Comments > Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed
10. Re: Op Ed Jan 27, 2014, 06:39 InBlack

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 21:32:
Let me put it in a simple way. If a corporation (corp) takes in less money, most likely they will have to layoff because the demand is not that great as it once was. If a corp pulled from other sources, that corp will not be around for long. You do not rob Peter to pay Paul. This is why burdening businesses with higher taxes is not a good idea in a recession/bad economy (it only adds to the burden)

BTW: Obama clearly shows he has no real experience in business because of his policies; they simply do not work in the real world.

Holy fucking shit did you really bring Obama into this? Holy fucking shit. Im fucking stumped. Obama is bigger than Godwin's law. Fucking hell Im gonna invent/derive something right here:

InBlack's Law - A derivation of Godwin's Law where "Nazis" or "Hitler " is replaced by "Liberals" and "Obama".

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 06:15 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 22:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 19:50:
Well that was considerate and brave of him why does the fact that he worked for Nvidia play a part in any of this? Let me guess, Nvidia did the press releases, right? Free, good publicity for them no doubt. Fucking vultures.

There are many times that you leave me speechless.
Probably not as many as you'd like, but this is one of them.

I was going to post something similar to what Cutter said but he beat me to it.

Why isnt it "Marketing Manager killed trying to rescue man"? Or even "Brave manager killed trying to rescue man"?? Because shit like that happens every day, and with titles like that gets reported in the black chronicle local news section at best. Its a fucking sad world we live in today, where a man's bravery and selflessnes needs to be sensationalized to be news worthy...

56. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 05:59 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:47:
On one hand, I think selling these "Early Access" deals is pretty shady.

On the other hand, you definitely get more out of them than you do a Kickstarter project. At least, even if the project goes belly-up, you had something to show for it. You don't on Kickstarter. So, while these projects tend to be from more established companies, I don't think they tend to be from ones rolling in money, and this gives them the opportunity to spend more capital better polishing the game, reduces the need for a certain push-it-out-the-door launch date, and gives the chance to test some ideas in the community.

I dont often agree with Beamer but on this here were are on the same page. If you dont approve of early access gameplay, or believe it to be of a shady nature then there is one simple solution, dont buy into it. Its actually very simple. And you dont have to generalize, do it on a case to case basis if you like.

News Comments > Wings of Saint Nazaire Alpha
9. Re: Wings of Saint Nazaire Alpha Jan 27, 2014, 05:24 InBlack

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 19:52:
Why do developers waste time with browser games? They are never ever very good. It is nothing like Wing Commander if they are doing it in a browser!

Id have to rate this 7/10. Several people fell for it even though it was rather obvious, well chosen thread and good topic which gets peoples' feathers all ruffled up.

As far as the game is concerned, this is looking awesome. There is something endearing about the graphics and the gameplay looks promising.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 11:00 InBlack

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:51:
InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:38:
I never said you did, all Im saying is that the number of countries involved is irrelevant if we dont know which countries they are.

I didn't look into the released countries, only did a quick google skim and got the number of countries each is available for purchase in. I'm sure with more research it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

OK, looking at Microsoft's press release, on launch the console was available in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand. And they go on to say that they will be launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014.

And looking at Sony's press release this is how it went down for their launch: November 15th they launch in US and Canada. On the 29th of the same month they're available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru. In December they went on sale in South Africa, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Taiwan.

Thhere is something definitely off with these lists.

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo