Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7203 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
10. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

This game is at 6 years old finally has the content that was promised at launch. The game is not bad. Its definitely one of the more original MMO's I have played and has some of the best combat Ive yet seen in any MMO.

I did make it off the island but the content was so sparse that the grind was too excessive to get anywhere near a proper level. But the open world PvP was hugely enjoyable, and an even bigger dissapointment when you figured out that the large siege battles that were promised and player owned keeps laregly missing or bugged.

If it was free to play today I would probably log in and check it out. For a monthly fee though? No way...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 10:56 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:42:
MajorD wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:22:
Hopefully we won't see it with DOOM 4 using the idTech 6 engine.
I doubt that we will see Doom 4 at all. I doubt that we will see idTech 6 after Carmack left. There is no one left an id, who is able to do that.

And yes, idtech 5 is horrible. Only good for rendering highly detailled, vast landscapes and nothing more.

We will see a Doom4. Its almost inevitable. Sure it wont be made by id (or at least no one from the original team) and it probably wont be coming out any time soon but it will get made. You can bet your house on that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 10:40 InBlack

Also watched GOT last night. (Its released on Mondays in EU) Great episode that went by way too fast for my liking....  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

I like to think of it this way, and Ive read in an interview that Wheeler has also brought up a similar example. If you as a consumer sign up for a 10 MBit, unlimited DATA, line then with the new rules in place the ISP has to provide the advertised speeds/caps or it will face penalites if reported.
I agree that fast lanes are a terrible idea, but some kind of regulation has to be in place to kill the throttling thats going on all over the place.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:34:
I mean, I don't really care because you aren't watching the cutscenes after playing the game once but at the same time there is no excuse for the game having a story that makes cartoons for kids look Oscar worthy.

Also looks like Peyton Manning has lost some weight

Except its not just the cutscenes. Its the little tidbits of spoken dialogue, the maps (in some places), the skill effects (in a LOT of spells/skills), the character animations, the boss fights etc. (not all of them but many like Maghda and the Butcher are just awful)....ROS corrected that on some levels, especially with the bounties and rifts, but apart from the music, and the fluid combat which has remained of consistently high quality pretty much everything else was compromised in some way...

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:19 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 20, 2014, 08:54:
Butterfly lady was the worst part of Diablo 3, even Claudia Black couldn't save that shit. So many weird plot related elements in that game, you can tell they changed course a few times during development. In act 1 you go through this 20 minute thing to open up some water temple that was clearly meant to be much bigger and instead you get butterfly lady exposition after fighting 5 mobs and leave.

The story, and more importantly presentation is all over the place. Too much influence from WOW developers, modeleres, animators, artists, whatever...its pure shit. In places the game feels like Sanctuary of old, but those places are few and far between.
Blizzard's only adult themed game got really watered down.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2014, 09:14 InBlack

A small caveat here. What happens to throttling with regards to the FCC ruling? Would throttling suddenly become illegal if the FCC was to pass these new rules??
When you think about it this way, suddenly things come in to focus a little bit. Right now no one is preventing your ISP from throttling your connection. With SOME kind of regulation in place this kind of shit would not be happening. So on SOME levels the FCC ruling makes sense...

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 09:00 InBlack

Are any of those linked reviews trustworthy??  

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
4. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 08:58 InBlack

Have they improved upon the arcane and incomprehensible trading system? (Im not talking about the landing on ship thing, but rather the horrible UI and arcane almost magical economics...)

Oh and can we look around our cockpit now?

Not yet?

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 03:48 InBlack

PHJF wrote on May 19, 2014, 16:45:

So has anyone actually watched the movie?

Please no spoilers, but is it any good?

No. It is plodding, filled with insubstantial human drama, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a bad actor. The monsters have zero personality and the whole thing just isn't any fun, which at least Pacific Rim had going for it. Absolutely not worth it for the ~five minutes of actual monster battling.

Hmmmm, i kind of liked Pacific Rim. Even though it was a very childish film trying to be very serious. I had hoped Cranston would have brought something to this movie...oh well.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
17. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 03:40 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on May 20, 2014, 02:12:
I'm going to hold off till they release a 20gig patch to fix the game.

I haven't seen this posted on here, maybe I just missed it. id Software is a mess, seems like Doom 4 is stuck in reboot hell heh

brain drain at id software

So they up and left? Well that might spell a glimmer of hope for Doom4, because lets face it. Doom3 was a piece of shit. Rage was an even worse piece of shit. Some new guys who were fans of the first two games might actually turn out a decent Doom game...

Im hopeful.

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Announced
13. Re: Offworld Trading Company Announced May 20, 2014, 03:34 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 19, 2014, 20:48:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2014, 19:55:
How about some fucking pictures of the game instead of slathering 'BUY NOW!' on the front page?
They don't have pictures yet, all they have is an idea of a game, BUY IT NOW!!

Fuck the pictures! Where is my spaceship hangar!!!??

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

So has anyone actually watched the movie?

Please no spoilers, but is it any good? For reference I thought that Cloverfield was a piece of shit film and hoped throughout the entire movie that the monster would excrete and set off a giant nuclear device so that everyone could be put out of their misery...The Godzilla '98 with Ferris Bueller was okish although the intro and the interveiw wih the japanese sailor: Gojira, Gojira....was the highlight of that particular movie, its kind of downhill from there...

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

Eisenberg = Fail. We will witness the Lex in all his Eisenbergian glory. Seriously this guy basically portrays the same character in every single film Ive seen of him. So I guess Lex Luthor is going to be an intelligent, self-centered hipster nerd?? Great....  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2014, 06:27 InBlack

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 11:06:
Well, we don't think you're shitting us that you read it. I read somewhere that Magic Johnson should be ashamed that he has The AIDS. I guess that makes it true.

Despite your personal jab, I will acknowledge you are right as I made a mistake regarding Bezos. He didnt buy an island. The story was about Oracle's Larry Ellison, he is the womanizing island buyig yuppi, and I simply mixed the two up.

Bezos is actually building a 42 million dollar clock. In a mountain face. I. Shit. You. Not.

link

This comment was edited on May 16, 2014, 06:45.

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2014, 04:31 InBlack

1badmf wrote on May 16, 2014, 03:13:
where did you read he wasn't a replicant? i've read interviews with scott where he stated deckard was a replicant, and the director's cut makes that very clear.

Fuck that. The film works better (and its internal logic is more consistent) if its left ambiguous. The version without the unicorn dream sequence is simply better.

News Comments > Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3
7. Re: Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3 May 15, 2014, 10:54 InBlack

Shit did I write crown in their jewel?? Hahhahaah...OOps.

I meant crowning jewel. My bad.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2014, 10:18:
It always amazes me that Bezos is such a scumbag robber-baron type.

Yeah, read some shit about him recently that he is the typical megayacht owning serial womanazing rich yuppi party guy going on his fourth marriage with delusions of grandeour, who recently bought his own tropical island. I. Shit. You. Not. Scumbag indeed.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 10:07 InBlack

BitWraith wrote on May 15, 2014, 09:38:
THIS JUST IN: Employees at large corporation feel trapped, unsatisfied with work. Corporation hires too few people, and employees work long hours. NEWS AT 11!

Easy solution. Pay rises for everyone.

News Comments > Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3
4. Re: Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3 May 15, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

nin wrote on May 15, 2014, 10:01:
UPDATE: Cevat announces games are already pirated.

Rotfl

7203 Comments. 361 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo