Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 23, 2015, 06:19 InBlack

If they want to dig their own grave, I say let them. I'm with the 'free market' people on this one. There are other alternatives to youtube and Google will even keep youtube's free option running. Hey if someone want's to spend 10 bucks a month to watch videos of kittens being cute, and idiots being idiots more power to you.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 23, 2015, 06:12 InBlack

Thumbsdown  

News Comments > Battle.net Voice Chat Coming
10. Re: Battle.net Voice Chat Coming Oct 23, 2015, 05:30 InBlack

Devinoch wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 04:08:
InBlack wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 03:02:
Image if soccer/football/basketball/baseball players played their sports with duckttape over their mouths. That's what it feels like to play a Blizzard game in the 21st century.

If players at a football/basketball/baseball game acted like people on the Internet do, they'd never make it to the locker room after the game. They'd get both legs broken before they made it off the field/court.

You ever play a team sport?

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
19. Re: Q3A! Oct 23, 2015, 04:15 InBlack

Ant wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 03:24:
InBlack wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 03:12:
Ant wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 02:43:
Meh. It rewinds me of Q3A.

This is a bad thing how? Q3A was quite possibly the last good game that iD released. Based on what I just saw, I'm optimistic about this iD game. Let's hope the single player also delivers. That's even more important in a proper Doom game.
Because it's not Doom!

In today's age of 3d I think it will be hard to capture the feeling of Doom1&2. Anything they release will feel more like Quake simply due to the nature of the 3d engine. Im cautiously optimistic, the weapons look good and are appropriately powerful, the SSG seems to be insane, the speed is lightning quick (not in this demo, but the stuff they showed at gamescom), and the campaign looks fun (no closet monsters every 5 feet).

I wish I could get into the Alpha, and I haven't wished for that in a looong time. <--- If there are any id developers reading this, this is a big hint!

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2015, 06:52.

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak
20. Re: DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak Oct 23, 2015, 03:18 InBlack

Dacron wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 23:24:
Kajetan wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 14:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elA4kE_lkiQ

Looks more like Serious Sam than Doom, which is disappointing.

*edit*

Oh its sped up. might explain me thinking its more SS than Doom.

Oh the irony in this post is almost palatable. Thank you, thank you for that sweet, sweet sugar.

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
17. Re: Q3A! Oct 23, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

Ant wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 02:43:
Meh. It rewinds me of Q3A.

This is a bad thing how? Q3A was quite possibly the last good game that iD released. Based on what I just saw, I'm optimistic about this iD game. Let's hope the single player also delivers. That's even more important in a proper Doom game.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2015, 04:11.

News Comments > Battle.net Voice Chat Coming
8. Re: Battle.net Voice Chat Coming Oct 23, 2015, 03:02 InBlack

How bout they bring back text chat too....Nothing Blizzard loves more than to censor inter-team comms so that people can be obnoxious to their own teams instead. Jesus...

Image if soccer/football/basketball/baseball players played their sports with duckttape over their mouths. That's what it feels like to play a Blizzard game in the 21st century.

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak
16. Re: DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak Oct 22, 2015, 17:06 InBlack

From what I've seen at the Doom reveal, this is nothing new really. Most of those were featured in the reveal, including the BFG and the Chainsaw. These are strangely absent from these pics and that is worrying. The BFG was an awesome weapon in Doom1&2 (not so much in Q3 and D3) and I hope they go back to the oldchool mechanics of how that weapon worked.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 21:38:
Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 12:32:
I'll never understand the hoopla around those films. The first and second one were just OK, the third one was terrible.
So are you talking about the Harry Potter movies? The Twilight movies?.. Yeah, I know what you were talking about, but I suspect you get the point. Why you would think your feature film tastes are the only valid ones is beyond me. And to call everyone who has different tastes dumb is beyond dumb.

Except the Harry Potter and Twilight movies were garbage, while Back to the Future was and is awesome!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 03:18 InBlack

JB: I am not my brother. Maybe a little. Ok I am my brother.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

shihonage wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 16:39:
I've seen this entire show.

Not only was the episode itself clearly supportive of inciest, but-

"“Wedding Videography” ends with Briggs Hatton appearing on the screen stating that he is the writer of the episode and was an advocate for cousins marrying, and incest in general. (Editor’s Note: Briggs Hatton did write the episode, but that was the actor Matt Gourley playing him).

Briggs had talked with the rest of the writers in the Community writing room, and they had agreed to allow Briggs to make this episode under the stipulation that he reveals his identity and views at the end of the episode."

Pretty much the definition of dry satire. So wanna talk some more about why this is so upsetting to you?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Luck Video
17. Re: Fallout 4 Luck Video Oct 22, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 20:38:
Great White Shark wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 19:01:
I'm not sure what you makes you say that, the Nvidia requirements are pretty steep too. Maxwell is just really kickass and helps offset it.

A 550 TI is a dead card whereas it's compared to a 7870 which is still an 'okay' card for the minimum specs and on the other end of the spectrum, it's recommended to have either a 3GB 780 or 4GB 290x piled on top of monster processors for a game which looks, for all intents and purposes, dated.

I have to wonder under what conditions they intend those to be recommended? 1080p60? 1440p60? Or is Bethesda high-balling what is needed for recommended and we all praise it on release for not really being more demanding than The Witcher 3 and Farcry 4. They kind of did that with the requirements for The Old Blood so...we'll see.

I have no idea how they got to those recommended specs, if this game is supposed to run on the Xbox and the PS4. It's either going to be a horribly optimized console port, or a great PC specific build of a console port with HD textures, improved lighting, the works....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
65. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 10:08 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 03:31:
harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:24:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:05:
Shorter Harlock.

Every time this has happened in the past: pulsars, the "face" on Mars, etc. it has turned out to be a natural phenomena. Occam's razor dude.

good thing you've already got it figured out. mystery solved! yeh you should let these stupid scientists know whats up, you will probably win the nobel prize for your heroics

You must have failed elementary school, since you lack any reading comprehension. It would explain your inability to form proper sentences, spell, or use punctuation. I never claimed to have it solved, I just lamented spending the most resources on the least likely answer. But, hey, if you want to believe it's little green men, be my guest.

I think you are kind of over-reacting jdreyer. First of all this is Space Captain Harlock you are talking to, so take that into consideration. Second, whatever it is, it's unusual enough to warrant a second, third and fourth look. So looking at it through the Van Allen Array or whatever best radio telescope they got is hardly a waste of resources. It's probably something less mundane than space Aliens, but these are proper astronomers we are talking about here, and whatever you or I have read in the media, I'm reasonably sure it was way overblown and these people are aware of the scientific process and will do a good job investigating whatever it is.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 08:41 InBlack

Slick wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 08:19:

oh, you must be talking about THIS

Slick Heart Love2 Heart Slick. As long as your are posting pics, how bout some mirror selfies? With no shirt preferably, and maybe a pout or two, you seem to be positively in love dude. With yourself.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Oct 21, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:44:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

Yeah, what are they going to do if you don't take the call. Fire you again?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:20:
I have been very vocal on reddit as a staunch opponent to the current state of this game.. in terms of features.

1. 20 vs 20 is not a battle, the damn PS4 ad even makes it look like there's a huge battle on Hoth, there isn't. The Battlefront2 game had 32 vs 32 and NPCs playing as well. That was a battle.

2. No dedicated servers. How the hell did we have dedicated servers 10 year ago for the previous title, but not this one now? I suppose griefers and jerks will ruin peoples fun in this game. I have played enough Battlefield 4 to know griefers exist, and on non-adminned servers, this is going to be a pain in the ass. There are still people playing on modded BF2 servers to this day. Modding and dedicated servers arent here though.

3. No classes. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Let's remove the classes in favor of throwaway 1-time use powerups we have to pick up. Better hope people aren't camping those power up spawns. Repair items, nope. Be a heavy weps guy for anti vehicles..not a chance. It's very watered down in terms of loadouts.

4. Here's a huge AT AT.. one guy pilots it though, no room for others at all.. not in transport, not nothing. Oh, and he raced to the beginning to get the power up so he could pilot it.

5. Wanna fly? better hope you get a power up! Can't just have the regulars running to the hangers to get an X Wing and take to the air.. because nobody who is a SW fan likes flying space ships. I put a lot of time in the small window of the beta, and got 3 ships total. I also only got 1 hero (Vader) but it bugged out on me.

6. Space battles? Nope, can't have those either!

7. There is absolutely zero teamwork options built into the game. No commander type person, no telling your team to attack an objective or defend something.. nothing.

8. The spawning system sucks. It spawned me away from anywhere useful more often than not, and generally in the worst places possible.. and no, you cant choose where to spawn, because you're not an adult gamer.

I swear to GabeN, that aside from sound and visuals, this game has gone backwards in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!! It's very pretty and sounds amazing..aside from that, it's embarrassing how backwards this game went with regards to features and mechanics.

This is is 100% catered to casuals who will play the game for 2 months, then opt out for whatever shiny new BS comes out next. This game has no long term shelf life imho.

Let me add one more, no "ping" counter. So how are those of us who are from more remote parts of the World, like Europe or Australia or Asia going to compete is anyone's fucking guess. Or in other words, this game is a LPB's wet dream.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2015, 13:24 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:17:
I wonder why no one has challenged the illegality of offshoring. It's essentially an illegal smuggling operation: services produced out of country are imported without going through customs, without subject to tariff laws.

Because, Capitalism?

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Launches
14. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 13:21 InBlack

harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 09:56:
i dont believe it, also if its not important at launch it means this game focuses on the wrong shit altogether... cheap cash in, as i have thought since the beginning

d&d pedigree is not nearly what it once was

That was apparent on the day they released the 4.0 edition of the P&P game.

News Comments > Konami Denies Kojima Exit
2. Re: Konami Denies Kojima Exit Oct 20, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

I'm sure it's just a cultural thing. They will deny everything because it would be bad manners to do anything else at this point. (After all his contract runs through to December)  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Oct 20, 2015, 07:39 InBlack

Overon wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:26:
Yet they are going to buy anyway. This is the message you are sending to EA. You complain all you want but when it comes to see where the pavement meets the road, you buy anyway.

Yeah, people need to learn to vote with their wallet. Angry Joe isn't helping. At all.

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo