Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7202 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
2. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

With all the PS4 and XBone hype, and no mention of a PC release anywhere Im left wondering how this will be ported over to the PC. I imagine rather sloppily.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve in October
17. Re: Evolve in October May 23, 2014, 07:12 InBlack

Prez wrote on May 23, 2014, 06:21:
It seems like this concept is too reliant on other players to be at all consistently fun. L4D had that to an extent but this takes it a lot further. If the person playing the monster is an idiot or is a griefer matches are going to be dull as dishwater. And last time I checked the gaming community has no shortages of idiots and griefers.

Isnt that the case with every multiplayer game though?? At least in this case the worst that can happen is that the player playing as the monster rushes to his death and game over. New game, matchmaker selects another player, end of story. Besides, Im reasonably certain that players will have incentives to play well as the monster (as well as the hunters) probably akin to the unlockable abilities of COD or some stupid shit like that.

Its early days yet, but I cant be a negative about a game that dares to push the limits of the (very limited and stale) FPS genre. Beats the next COD or Battlefield yearly cash grab any day of the week.

15. Re: Evolve in October May 23, 2014, 03:16 InBlack

The Pyro wrote on May 22, 2014, 19:41:
I don't understand how 4v1 could ever be balanced. In L4D balance was achieved by having survivors/infected switch sides, but that doesn't work with uneven numbers...

I still think L4D has some of the best competitive multiplayer action out there. That's it's biggest weakness, too, though... a full team is absolutely essential, so as soon as 1 guys leaves you're at a huge disadvantage. Also, the community is extremely caustic. I imagine new players would have a difficult time learning the Versus mode - others tend to immediately quit the server upon learning that there's a noob on their team.

Its called "Evolve" for a reason. In the first part of the game the player needs to run and hide from the hunters, feed on the "wildlife" (which is probably dangerous) and evolve in stages to become more powerful, gain abilities etc. etc. The point isnt that the creature needs to kill the hunters, its to survive as long as possible.

6. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 09:49 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:46:
InBlack wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:38:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:31:
This announcement sounds like it is catered for the console crowd.
"preorder" "participating retailers" "expansion pack unlock" "skins"

The game may be fun on the PC but it is pretty obvious where their main focus is.

You are right, which is why I will not be preordering but waiting for reviews and word of mouth. Still I dont think they are going to fuck it up, they did do L4D after all..

L4D looked pretty raw before Valve got involved to be honest. But I hope they do well with it, I'm not a fan of the concept personally (I like team vs team) but to each his own.

I agree its not for everyone (and yes the versus mode is where the most fun had be had) but even if you dont like it, you have to admit that it was a revoloutionary concept in FPS gaming.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
4. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:34:
Awesome, I love the new rates.

Last night I got Lut Socks, IK helm, IK 2H, Pull of Earth, Cindercoat x2, Pride of Cassius, Sun Keeper and a bunch of other stuff. As someone else put it, this game is totally feast or famine. In 2 hours last night I got more awesome drops than I did in 2 weeks prior, my Barb is almost BiS on everything now. Can't wait to get home tonight and try to rock some T6.

Heh, I manged to farm the RRG (thanks for the advice Verno) and currently need to either find an IK or Raekor's Helm (or better yet IK belt) and I will be able to field IK & Raker's set at the same time!

3. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:31:
This announcement sounds like it is catered for the console crowd.
"preorder" "participating retailers" "expansion pack unlock" "skins"

The game may be fun on the PC but it is pretty obvious where their main focus is.

You are right, which is why I will not be preordering but waiting for reviews and word of mouth. Still I dont think they are going to fuck it up, they did do L4D after all..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

Nice Mel Brooks interview. I was surprised and delighted to find out that he is still with the living. Hopefully he makes Spaceballs2 although if the new Star Wars turns into a trainwreck (which is highly probable) a parody would probably be unnecessary.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 09:20 InBlack

Id call them cartoon manga characters. They are not Black, Asian, White or anything. They are in a category of their own which has nothing to do with race. Typical op-ed piece where a non-issue is turned into an issue, just because. Race.  

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
2. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 09:15 InBlack

nin wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:06:
I'm assuming that doesn't include patterns? Wish it did, but still glad they're keeping the buff.

It was kind of obvious that once they introduced the buff they would be very hard pressed to remove it. The backlash would have been ginormous. Still, they need to do something with itemization fast. Obviously the ladder and ladder only items will be a nice first step. But Im getting tired of the BOA. 2 friends recently lost their HC chars, and they are wary of playing again which they wouldnt be if I could give them a nice boost with the tons of legs I have in my chest.

Removal of PvP and BOA also killed a very important factor in D3. The social aspect. Now everyone runs Rifts, no one talks more than two or three words to each other, people who lagg behind or just want to chill in town are promptly kicked etc. etc. etc.

Even though I like Diablo post ROS, once I reach T6 with my HC char I will be hard pressed to keep playing. Whats the point? Get better gear so I can get better gear faster?

1. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 09:08 InBlack

Since I was a huge fan of the original Left4Dead (zombies be damned, it was the most original FPS I have played since Half Life 1) Im very much looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
1. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 09:06 InBlack

Cerli getting on the MOBA gravy train....no pirates allowed!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 04:14 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 02:06:
harlock wrote on May 22, 2014, 01:31:
“Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there's another side to the coin, and you can’t remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important—creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could.”

- Steve Jobs

Couldn't imagine a better quote. I was all military gung-ho. In Air Cadets for years, set to join the Air Force, fly jets and all of that. Then I dosed and it was all sweetness and light after that. I'd like everyone to dose at least once. What a better world this would be.

One word. Mushrooms.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
19. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 04:11 InBlack

I hope Palmer and Zuckerberg stick to their guns and fight this in court. I dont think they are going to lose, unless Carmack was really, really stupid and actually did work on the Oculus on company time...(or money, office supplies, whatever...)  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 21, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Nice clear guide that explains Area Damage in D3. Very useful.  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
8. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 10:38 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 21, 2014, 08:54:
The initial previews sound promising.
GMG has a 20% off code - FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY that makes the game $28.88

So were the previews for Simcity. Please dont preorder this game. Think.

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
11. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 07:48 InBlack

Ok just read that its free to play, or rather free to try. You cant really do anything without having access to the premium content.  

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
38. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 05:58 InBlack

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 05:05:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:47:
I don't know if they can redeeem themselves in time. Some big space games are coming out soon that will blow this terrible mistake called X-rebirth out of the water.
Such a missed opportunity.
This past weekend I broke down and paid into the Elite Dangerous beta. Been playing the single player portion over the weekend. It is fantastic. Can't wait for the beta to start in 2 weeks.

http://youtu.be/GcyMAOZg8ds

http://youtu.be/74XVP7bWJ20
What other games?

Does Elite Dangerous have explorable space stations/first person?

Really? Thats what you want? Explorable space stations, first person? This is what you are looking for in a space-sim EXPLORATION/FIGHTING/TRADING game???
Christ...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 This Summer
11. Re: Wasteland 2 This Summer May 21, 2014, 05:54 InBlack

Saboth wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:53:
mag wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:47:
HorrorScope wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:32:
Cutter wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:04:
Six months overdue, not too bad but they should open up the beta to all KS backers. At least Larian is doing it right with DOS.

Man the latest DOS patch, this thing is playing super sweet. Wasteland and the other Baulder Gate wannabee's on the horizon have quite a bar to reach and this has coop and mod'ing ta boot.

Pretty sure I'm going to feel like an idiot, but what's DOS?

Divinity: Original Sin. Probably the only game I'm going to pay full price for this year. But not doing the early access, or even watching many videos because I don't want to ruin the final game.

Same here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

nevermind  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
10. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

This game is at 6 years old finally has the content that was promised at launch. The game is not bad. Its definitely one of the more original MMO's I have played and has some of the best combat Ive yet seen in any MMO.

I did make it off the island but the content was so sparse that the grind was too excessive to get anywhere near a proper level. But the open world PvP was hugely enjoyable, and an even bigger dissapointment when you figured out that the large siege battles that were promised and player owned keeps laregly missing or bugged.

If it was free to play today I would probably log in and check it out. For a monthly fee though? No way...

7202 Comments. 361 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo