Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7331 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > VR Game The Assembly Announced
3. Re: VR Game The Assembly Announced Jun 12, 2014, 09:49 InBlack

Wildone wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:44:
You can already..

My point, exactly!

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Go Croatia!!! (Ok now you know where Im from... )  

News Comments > VR Game The Assembly Announced
1. Re: VR Game The Assembly Announced Jun 12, 2014, 09:31 InBlack

Id much use the Rift with Skyrim. Or DCS. Or Project Cars. Or Il2:BOS, or etc. etc. etc. etc....  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 05:44 InBlack

Apart from Enterprise all the Star Trek series are pretty much awesome. DS9 is the hidden gem, and probably the best of the lot. It does have a slow start, but it also has the best characters of the lot. Garak the conflicted taylor/spy. Gul Dukat, one of the most awesome villains ever. Quark, holy fuck Quark! Odo the shapeshifter, sweet and smart Jadzia Dax, Bashir the naive but super smart enetically engineered doctor, Worf, WOOOOOOORF!, Chancellor Gowron the most awesome Klingon ever! and Last but not Least THE CISCO. (Truthuflly Cisco is the weakest character of the lot but I always got a laugh out of THE CISCO's tantrums...)

Good times man, good times...

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
11. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 04:14 InBlack

Another title that should be used to showcase the Oculus.  

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
17. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 12, 2014, 04:08 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 00:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:15:
Most people don't play PC games.

Yeah, those 65 million people on Steam don't mean a thing.

You got it all wrong Cutter. All Oculus CV1 needs to do at this point is canibalize the Track IR consumers, and they got that shit covered hands down.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
29. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

descender wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:18:
In this thread, everyone finally figured out that games designed around grinding the "end game" content are fucking stupid.

The leveling process in a game like this needs to take way, way longer... so that the journey to the cap can offer you some sort of actual gameplay, challenge, and a carrot to chase (also, and END point... not a perpetual grindfest). When the goal is "Ignore all content, get to level cap as quick as possible, then start actually playing", your design is basically shit. (enter: every hack-n-slash loot generator ever made)

The second flawed game system at work here is the "enemies scale up with you" shit feature that ruined games like Oblivion and FO3. If their health and my damage scale up together, why bother have leveling up at all? Game worlds need clear cut areas and mobs that are "too hard" or "too easy" for you, so you can see tangible results of your endless grinding... so you have something to actually fear in the game world... and also so you have different areas to play in along the way rather than just repeating all of the content endlessly (or that one most efficient area). If it takes me 4 hits to kill something, then I spend 700 hours leveling up towards the "cap", but it still takes 4 hits to kill the same "something"... you see where I'm going here.

I've said it before, these games are all fun to a point... but they will never, ever have the longevity or success that D2 had... mainly because D2 was NO BETTER with these systems at all. It was simply the only thing like it to play at the time.

Lol Dude. D2 WAS better than these games, precicely for the reasons you named in your post.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 10:26 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:49:
The update was to basically say that its just been floated and not to expect anything.

Yeah saw that. They really shouldnt tease us like this. The world is ready for some quality Star Trek TV, and none of that Abrams crapola thank you very much....

News Comments > Diablo III to "Heal" Broken Achievements
6. Re: Diablo III to Jun 11, 2014, 10:21 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:18:
Most people are nuts about them - and not just in video games. What else are the Olympics besides trying to beat personal and world achievements?

Bad analogy. EVERYONE can unlock the achievments in Diablo3. It doesnt really take skill or training, like breaking the world 100m record, to name your example.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
2. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 09:47 InBlack

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:45:
Misogynists!

Misogynist capitalists!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 09:45 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:23:
Kinda bummed there was no Fallout 4 announcement

Was there anything new from Bethesda at E3 at all? (Apart from the Doom4 promo) Im kind of hoping for a new single player Elder Scrolls game...

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 09:42 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:32:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:30:
They've been talking about a new Star Trek series for years, so I'm not holding my breath, but it would be pretty cool if this did happen.

Would be awesome. Of course, that would mean CBS would have to stop being assholes about it...

Netflix doing it would also have the added benefit of the whole season being available on day one for binge watching!! Must. Not. Hold. Breath! Arghhhh

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:28:
InBlack wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:25:
Kind of reminds me of before and after diet photographs. Im not claiming they are fake or anything, but they could have at least used the same camera angle and vantage point for fucks sake...

The before and afters are pretty obvious, you don't need the same angle to see there is no foliage in one and a lot of it in another for example. It's not meant to be scientific anyway, its just showing people that there is a difference.

Yeah I get that. Its still jarring though. If I was the boss at Rockstar someone would be getting the axe. (Or at least a harsh warning )

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:15:
OK, now I need a ship date...

Kind of reminds me of before and after diet photographs. Im not claiming they are fake or anything, but they could have at least used the same camera angle and vantage point for fucks sake...

News Comments > More Games to Support AMD's Mantle
1. Re: More Games to Support AMD's Mantle Jun 11, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

I have an Nvidia card in my desktop PC but I welcome any and all competition! The competition can only result in a win for the consumer! So bring it  

News Comments > Diablo III to "Heal" Broken Achievements
1. Re: Diablo III to Jun 11, 2014, 09:21 InBlack

Achievements? Why do developers think that people give a shit about those anyway?  

News Comments > DOOM Teaser Trailer
22. Re: DOOM Teaser Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 07:36 InBlack

Flo wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 05:32:
InBlack wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 04:20:
Yeah, wait and see mode engaged. Still, its Doom. Whoever guesses the name of the demon in the reveal gets a knick knack.
Cyberdemon.

Nope...

News Comments > DOOM Teaser Trailer
19. Re: DOOM Teaser Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 04:20 InBlack

Yeah, wait and see mode engaged. Still, its Doom. Whoever guesses the name of the demon in the reveal gets a knick knack.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
20. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 04:07 InBlack

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 20:10:
Hey guys, honest question. I cant for the life of me enjoy this game because i dont see the point of getting better gear....just to get better gear? And i really really do love ARPG's, but D3 it just seems so pointless to me? Can you guys share your experience with me on why you play this as opposed to (any) other ARPG's?

You are right, after a while it kind of loses its lustre. Playing on hardcore is where the fun is at for me. The challenge is staying alive and getting to higher and higher tiers of difficulty. Im at Act3 with my Barb ATM but I quit playing about two weeks ago. You are right, there is very little motivation at the moment. This will change for the better hopefully once they release ladder and add ladder only items and some kind of ranking system etc.

I spent a lot more time in D2 hanging out in games, talking to people, hanging out in the various chat rooms, trading than I did gaming. This was a good thing. It provided a much needed break from the grind and allowed the meta game to flourish. No one has any desire in D3 public games to do any socializing, all they want to do is run rifts as fast as possible. Kind of sad if you ask me....

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 10:50 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:45:
nin wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:41:
Fantaz wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:38:
the fucking happiest day of my life... GTA5 coming to PC!!1

but is it coming to PS4 or PC first? or at the same time?

Trailer (very end) implies it's coming to PS4/PC/xbone all at once.

In addition, preorders (that I linked below) offer all 3 new formats.

this is awesome!

and great timing for me, because Rockstar Games just contacted me for a job interview right around seeing the GTA5 news and i'm hyped as hell! probably wouldn't get to work on GTA5 if i landed the position but still pretty happy.

Give em hell Fantaz!

7331 Comments. 367 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo