Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7466 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

Im not really sure what everyone has against sex in GoT or any literature/film/art for that matter. Its a subject, like any other, that should be open to the author's interpretation.

If you dont like it, ignore it! Or better yet, grab a pen and write something more to your liking! No need to rain on everyone's parade...

OMG ITS BOOBIEZ AND SEX!! *yawn*

A seminal piece of fantasy literature is being dissected by the prudish american audience because "SEX". Yeah, show us those 'smarts' USA!! (Or in this case, Aussieland...)

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 10:12.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Orbital Gear
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Orbital Gear Aug 11, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

Oh its an arcade scroller...

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
21. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 11, 2014, 08:30 InBlack

Slick wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 20:17:
Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 19:00:
Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 17:22:
That's my commentary, and if you think otherwise, gtfo of PC gaming.

Okay, cliffy.

ZING

I happen to totally agree with him, i guess i'm Cliffy too?

since when was stealing socially acceptable? the fuck? i mean, i do use torrentz if there's no demo or beta etc. but then i buy the game.

imo if they just brought back shareware we'd not only have better games, but happier consumers. killing shareware was one of the most anti-consumer moves in pc gaming history.

Wow Slick. Just Wow. Doge Wow. Hypocritical doublespeak shlock in the same post.

*claps enthusiastically*

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 05:07 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 03:47:
Also, everyone is saying he gassed it right as he hit the kid. Sounds to me like he downshifted.

You do realise that there is no clutch, no gears and no differential in sprint cars?

Then again, most of the turning is done by stepping on the gas (the tires are of different circumference)

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 05:15.

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
30. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 03:54 InBlack

I want arena Death Match or GTFO!!  

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
3. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 10:48 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 10:36:
Wings! Remastered Edition is the easy to play air combat simulation you've been waiting for... no complicated keyboard commands. Just fly and shoot!

Oh yeah? Well, FUCK YOU, TOO!!!

/crawls back to DCS

Ive sort of given up on DCS for the time being. Waiting for EDGE and the Mig21 to get back into it...

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2014, 10:55.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 10:45 InBlack

Blue has lizards?  

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
4. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 10:41 InBlack

Might as well call it McDonalds Gaming...in this, or any case of a brand revival, the quality of games to spring from these studios will depend on the people who work on them.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 8, 2014, 06:27 InBlack

Its kind of telling how any negativity towards Star Citizen is automatically interpreted by the yesmen as somehow destructive and detrimental to the development of the actual game itself.

Like the naysayers are Sith Lords or something and are using their magical dark powers to secretly sabotage Chris's brain waves and are sowing discord among the developers.

Jesus Christ on a Space Rocket, all I ever wanted out of Star Citizen is Squadron42, is it so terrible that Im pissed off at the feature creep and the snake oil pitches that Chris has been throwing since basically day one???

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
21. Re: Into the Black Aug 8, 2014, 03:26 InBlack

Darks wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 00:09:
NegaDeath wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 21:04:
I wonder if his resignation letter was on red, blue or green paper.

LOL!

+1

Indeed. Pure win.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2014, 10:59 InBlack

Damn Blue, you call that a vacation???  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
3. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 10:56 InBlack

For a second there I though that CR had announced an expansion for a game that's years away from release. Wouldnt even surprise me. Not one little bit.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
8. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 10:50 InBlack

Although L4D was one of the best and most innovative FPS experiences I have ever played, I fail to see what CS with Zombies will bring to the genre. Fucking weird....sounds like a bad April Fool's joke...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 7, 2014, 06:21 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 12:40:
garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 12:27:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 12:04:
InBlack wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:33:

Give me a mouse. And a keyboard. Ill give you an answer.
Any other equipment the rest of the players aren't using that you'd like?

Not much point crowing about your skills if you're not willing to play by the rules. If/when Destiny comes to the PC, you can have a mouse and keyboard. Until then, Bungie's game, Sony's platform, their rules, full stop.

Doesn't make it any less cute that these people consider this level of play to be at all "skillful".

It's like saying "This guy is a beast! He's #1 at fingerpainting! But UH UH! Doesn't matter if you're a real genius artist, you can't criticize his skills unless you're better than him at fingerpaiting!"

Oh for godssake. Between this and the "Waaah, Windows 8 threatens my genitals!" post.

Do you watch people at the Olympics and go "so what, that guy ran a mile in 4.5 minutes. I can drive it in 40 seconds." Do you watch MMA fighting and say "I could take any one of these guys if I had a gun."

Wow thats a really classy analogy. Shows your true condescending colors through and through. Its also failed analogy, unless you consider console players completely unable to grasp the M+KB control scheme.

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
23. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 7, 2014, 06:17 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 19:49:
NKD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 16:30:
The only thing wrong with Vista was a rocky launch. It's fundamentally the same under the hood as 7 and 8 and works just as well.

Well no, Vista had a ton of boot time bloat, some inherent security model problems and kernel related issues that were corrected in Windows 7. It's true that the OS itself was ahead of average user hardware at the time but it had a lot of other issues and calling it the same as Windows 7 is inaccurate.

Windows 8 is pointless for any user currently on Windows 7. The 'hood' improvements are pretty minor and its just not worthwhile with Windows 9 being fast tracked.

This is what all the fainbois never seem to get. Windows 7 was an improvement over Vista. Windows 8 is a fucking cash grab, that just doesnt justify an upgrade. It's probably not an inferior product (although Ive had bad experiences with it I will give everyone the benefit of doubt on this) even though it takes getting used to but unless you own a tablet there is no fucking reason why you would want Windows 8 over 7, unless you are buying it OEM and simply have no choice in the matter.

News Comments > Crookz Announced
9. Re: Crookz Announced Aug 7, 2014, 06:12 InBlack

gilly775 wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 12:08:
This brought me back to Interstate 76 which obviously isn't the same type of game. But man, I wish they would put out a new version of I-76 with modern graphics. Loved that game!

I76 sequel, or remake. Instant hit.

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
7. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 6, 2014, 10:58 InBlack

UHD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:41:
Quboid wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:33:
I switched by my own free will, it's the best version of Windows.

Finally, someone that understands.

Yesterday went to watch a movie at a friends house. His Windows8 laptop decided that his HDMI port had a hardware error. We spent the night troubleshooting only to discover some kind of hidden Win8 update killed it. Managed to fix the problem later on with some oldskul hacking (and fighting the UI and system at every corner) but I never had this shit happen with Windows 7, or even XP.

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
34. Re: WOW's appeal Aug 6, 2014, 10:46 InBlack

atomicfro wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 03:58:
I'm going to try to explain WoWs appeal in the context of gaming at the time.

I started playing MMO's with Everquest around the release of Velious. For those gamers of the master race, that was what PC gaming was all about. Waiting 30 minutes to catch a 30 minute boat ride across an ocean was awe inspiring. Blowing yourself up at the forge trying to make a worthless item was orgasmic. Running around Antonica for better part of half an hour having to use different disguises and spells to run the Stein of Moggok quest was gleeful. This wasn't a game, it was a fantasy simulation. And you got to play with other people who enjoyed this crazy stuff just like you.

Of course one bad decision, a spell ending early, getting in a group with with an average IQ below 70, or just using the forge could very quickly make hours, days, weeks of grinding go down the tubes.
What attracted the master race to this game, also created burn out. But the social aspect of the game was what made it addictive. You suffered through the horror and reveled in the achievements with friends and enemies, making new ones along the way. But only those in the niche of the most masochistic pc gamers.

Steady continuous income from a game was appealing, and a lot of companies thought they could improve on EQs formula to either get a different niche (pvp) or create a better ui to attract a larger chunk of players. I was able to get my girlfriend at the time to play DAOC with me on occasion and enjoy it, and she wasn't a pc gamer in any sense of the word.

Blizzard got the formula right. Some how the mix of cartoony 3d graphics, large open world, instanced dungeons, arena pvp, just enough danger and difficulty to make people feel like they've achieved something, animated emotes, and not to forget the floating (!) all resonated with a huge audience. Not only did gamers want to play, but people who weren't even gamers by any stretch of the word were also subbing in droves.

My girlfriend had seen quite a few of my LAN parties, after this game released she started organizing her own. She used trial accounts to let her friends come over and play the game. I had 3 pcs that could run the game, some brought their own. Here was a bunch of young women who thought video games and Nintendo were synonyms, and who didn't know the difference between a USB or Ethernet jack having LAN parties to play a MMO. And they were subbing and continuing to play on their own!

But, for the masochists, it was watered down tripe. For the not so extreme masochist, it was fun until they got bored or until they personally felt Blizzard jumped the shark. For all the others it was a way to socialize until a change of life event took them out or enough of their friends left that it wasn't fun anymore. I have no idea who the people who play the game now are. My guess mostly new blood who having gotten bored yet.

Well said. Im one of the damn masochists. Id love to see a proper Hardcore MMO, in the line of Ultima Online, only with updated graphics...*sigh* its never goona happen though. Might as well wish for the end of Capitalism....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 6, 2014, 10:33 InBlack

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 09:37:
Are You Good Enough To Beat The World's Best Destiny Player?

Whoo, Hunters!!!!

Give me a mouse. And a keyboard. Ill give you an answer.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2014, 10:29 InBlack

garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 10:00:
I don't know of any good antivirus suites that DON'T scan the registry.

There. Fixed that for ya.

7466 Comments. 374 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo