Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6671 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
3. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Slashman wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 09:16:
If it hasn't already been said here, then I'll say it now:

This guy is awesome. I am constantly surprised by what he manages to accomplish by himself, when so many other developers with larger teams, budgets and more resources disappoint so frequently.

Its so much easier when you are your own boss, and you take your work seriously. With that said, there is a lot of talent in the big companies out there, but like in every other large enterprise for every talented and hardworking coder, you get five latcher-on brownosers that ride on his coatails. Not to mention the egomaniacal bosses, execs, and assorted retards that make everyone's job a living hell and are responsible for the abysmally slow pace of most development companies.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders
1. Re: Titanfall Beta Not Restricted to Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

What? So its a try before you buy beta? They must be very confident of their game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
49. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 06:47 InBlack

Holy Batman offtopic! Way to go Bats!  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales
33. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 3, 2014, 06:35 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 01:24:
Darks wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 01:11:
But, I thought the PC was dead?

I'm officially banning every idiot saying this, especially about a game that's clearly an exception to every single rule you could ever make.

So the PC...is dead? What?

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support
22. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support Feb 3, 2014, 05:59 InBlack

From the official site:

"Currently the only implementation is for graphics processing units with AMD's Graphics Core Next architecture"

How does this translate to Nvidia cards being supported by Mantle??? Unless I missed something that's pretty much exclusive to the 7000 series cards and upwards, which is why Mantle wont work on older AMD hardware.

Just because AMD is fine with anyone using their API, doesnt mean that Nvidia does a quick driver update and *presto*, Mantle suddenly works with Nvidia hardware. Thats not how it works, anyone who thinks its that simple is very naive or uninformed.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2014, 06:24.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support
20. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support Feb 3, 2014, 04:46 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 03:44:
Overon wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 23:54:
So looks like the ancient days of 3dfx and their Glide API are back, now AMD has Mantle API.
Nah as mentioned, it's open and works on everyone's cards. If you want to see an epic level of douchbaggery see what Nvidia pulled with physx and AMD cards. Going as far as disabling physx computations if it detected another videocard in your system.

Except its not really proprietary. They said that it COULD work on Nvidia cards, but they never really went into the details did they? This is not like OpenGL, even if it does work on the Nvidia cards, you can bet your bottom fucking dollar it wont work as well as it does with AMD's hardware.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 13:15 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 12:24:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:17:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:07:
Holy fucking shit, you gotta be kidding me, so Marijuana, LSD and MDMA are Schedule I drugs. Cocaine, Opium, and Meth are Schedule II. Well now there you have it. I have to admit that I didnt know that, but it makes sense I guess in a twisted, paranoid, fucked up greedy way.

If you research and fully understand the schedules, it makes perfect sense.

Is that a nicer way of telling me that I'm ignorant?? Well since they teach you all that at cop school I guess, how bout explaining to me why there is a ban on research of Schedule I drugs, unlike the drugs listed under Schedule II??

http://www.rsdhope.org/schedule-or-classes-of-drugs.html

Most important part of that very short info is:
The main difference between a Schedule, or Class, 1 and 2 is whether or not the drug is deemed to have a valid medical application.

Don't need "cop school" to look it up and have very general knowledge about why one this is "ok" and one isn't. Now it should make perfect sense.

(cop school part: Those are federal schedules, but states just adopt the same schedules)

It still makes no sense at all. How the fuck is anyone supposed to determine whether a drug has valid medical applications if research is banned on said drug??

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Jan 31, 2014, 13:13 InBlack

Yeah ok I see what you mean.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:53 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:17:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:07:
Holy fucking shit, you gotta be kidding me, so Marijuana, LSD and MDMA are Schedule I drugs. Cocaine, Opium, and Meth are Schedule II. Well now there you have it. I have to admit that I didnt know that, but it makes sense I guess in a twisted, paranoid, fucked up greedy way.

If you research and fully understand the schedules, it makes perfect sense.

Is that a nicer way of telling me that I'm ignorant?? Well since they teach you all that at cop school I guess, how bout explaining to me why there is a ban on research of Schedule I drugs, unlike the drugs listed under Schedule II??

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:07 InBlack

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2014, 09:50 InBlack

As long as people or well, robots, arent flying its none of their business I guess...  

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Jan 31, 2014, 09:47 InBlack

Task wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 09:34:
well after 9 patches its getting better, but the gameplay under the hood is rather shallow since they stripped the game of all immersive features from Rome 1 or even Shogun. So unless they add back in such features, the game is just pretty to look at it with boring gameplay.

I kind of liked the gameplay, yeah even the vanilla version. So I guess Im kind of shallow then, can you elaborate which features youre talking about because its been a rather long while since I played Rome I and for the life of me I cant remember?

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
2. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 09:45 InBlack

Im curious to hear his thoughts about the Oculus and where he feels the technology is headed. He has always had a pretty good idea where graphics tech would be a few years down the road.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
67. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 31, 2014, 05:29 InBlack

JSP wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 00:50:
I KNOW that AMD is not as good as Intel when it comes to gaming, but demonstrably worse? Tell me how much of a difference when GPU is involved the difference will be, certainly smaller than it warrant all the pile of shit that AMD gets all the time when most of the titles released recently do not reflect it

Witcher 2
Battlefield 4
Enjoy your 20+ fps on Crysis 2 on your Vsynced monitor

The thing is, when new technology rolls around that may give more gamers performance that they deserve for their dollar, a solution that could harness the latest tech to provide better experience, the ugly partisan bickering unequivocally rears its ugly head once again, all ready and willing to smother the baby in the crib and throw the lifeless carcass with bathwater. Even with the interesting and new ways of improving this stupid hobby of ours there are always those firmly rooted in the negatives, not applauding their attempts to make better use of the resources and encouraging the process, but blinded by their irrational hatred of the OTHER SIDE, are instead firmly entrenched against anything and everything related to their attempts to differentiate PC gaming from the consoles, where an APU can now glean enough performance to make the latest and greatest playable by more people. This is all really fucked up. IS THAT YOUR 8 MILLION DOLLARS THAT AMD SPENT ON EA? FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Woah there daddy-oh! Hold your horses will ya, whats with all the rant? People like to talk smack thats all it is. As for AMD and Nvidia they are natural rivals, they are fighting for a market share of the same market. Its not personal, its about making money. So a lot of people are very doubtful that Nvidia will adopt an API made by their main (and only real) rival.

As for myself I recently upgraded to an Nvidia GTX760 4GB and Im quite happy with its performance. Im no fanboy though, if Mantle delivers and there are a lot of takers Ill switch to AMD in a year or two. Just about enough time for the technology to mature, or fail. A wait and see approach is actually the best thing to do here.

News Comments > Star Swarm Demo
11. Re: Star Swarm Demo Jan 31, 2014, 03:22 InBlack

Prez wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 23:23:
I wonder what the licensing fee for the engine is going to be. I imagine it would be pretty far out of reach of your average indie studio...

Well its not like peoeple are lining up to create RTS games in outer space or anything so I would imagine that Stardock would have some pretty generous licencing terms.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 10:56 InBlack

Drayth wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:51:
There was no mention that cross platform was going to be implemented for BF4.. just that Mantle itself is not limited specifically to AMD. It may be though that NVIDIA would have to develop their hardware with Mantle in mind in order for it to work.

Knowing Nvidia though, instead of utilizing it they'll make their own NVIDIA specific solution called G-Antle or something.

Well Nvidia (with help from Microsoft) crushed Glide and effectively killed their biggest competitors back in the day (3dfx). Wouldnt it be sweet irony that they themselves were totally ruined by another API??

It will never happen of course, but a man can dream can't he??

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 10:48 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:32:
So where is that promised cross vendor compatibility again? You'd think for such a big release as a BF4 render update where 70%+ have Nvidia cards this would be mentioned somewhere....

Thats up to Nvidia to implement. Somehow I doubt that will ever happen.

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 09:55 InBlack

To anyone with an ATI card and BF4. Does this work at all?  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
11. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 30, 2014, 06:39 InBlack

You are wrong Peteham. But hey, whatever rocks your boat. Its apparent that Blizzard is catering to exactly your type of customer.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 Preorders This Week?
28. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 06:37 InBlack

You answered your own question.  

6671 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo