Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7506 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2014, 06:28 InBlack

EricFate wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 20:48:
After Simcity 5, anyone who pre-orders an EA game deserves what they get.

Well said brother.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
10. Re: Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha Aug 20, 2014, 06:20 InBlack

Ahh the latest development game design from EPIC.

The fans get an early alpha release, they get an early editor release, they build the game they want with minimal input from the property holders. The property holders polish up what they have, then sell the game to the very people who built it, and others of course, at an absurd profit.

Dont fall for the propaganda and hype. This is exactly what EPIC wants to do. Build a game while spending as little of its own resources as possible.

I remember a time not too long ago when game developers were passionate about what they created, when the fans came first, but only AFTER the actual game was released.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 03:15 InBlack

yonder wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 22:35:
PHJF wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 22:19:
You seriously comparing seating people at a restaurant to medical care? It takes five, ten minutes to cook a steak. Want to tell me how long to detect and then tell somebody they have cancer?

Who cares if doctors actually have legitimately important and complex jobs and that they may have been in an emergency at the hospital earlier that day which caused his 2PM appointment to be bumped up an annoying amount of time even though the doctor helped save a life. Dammit... 2 PM!!!!!!

Yeah because all GPs are also part time emergency room supermen or surgical geniuses whose presence is required at all times earlier in the day, which is why my particular doctor is always at least 20-30 minutes late. Or why I have to wait in the waiting room and listen to her chat over coffee with the nurse, through the door. 2 PM!!!!!!

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
11. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 InBlack

yuastnav wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 09:52:
Far Cry was good. Then they introduced mutants and it went downhill. Never made a good game after that (at least not in my opinion). Although I have to admit that I only played Far Cry and the first Crysis. The other Crysis games didn't look particularly interesting after the bore that was Crysis 1.

FarCry was great. It's all downhill from the Mutants onwards. (to be fair the Mutants could be forgiven)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

Christ that Phone article is scary. Yesterday I discovered my Android phone doesnt resolve links for certain searches, regardless of what browsers or applications Im using. I tried to find the studio version of the song "Low Man's Lyric." I found several studio versions within minutes on my desktop (chrome powered), on youtube no less. The reason? THe song can be found on Googles Play Store, Im guessing.

Shit. We will be telling our grandchildren that we lived in a golden age, they wont believe the freedom that the net used to give us, and which we threw away. They will think we are old senile fools for spreading such lies.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2014, 09:45 InBlack

Ive noticed this trend too. This is especially worrying as in todays day and age of automatization where these types of errors shoud be occuring less frequently, not more so....aaaand once again we are returning to the topic of accountabiity in the western and ssupposedly egalitarian societies.  

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
3. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 09:27 InBlack

High Quality Games?! Ha! Yerli has a sense of humour! Who would have thought?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 19, 2014, 09:00 InBlack

They are not in a rut, they just want to make more and more money by selling basically the same shit over and over again (albeit with 'slight' improvements year for year).

You can easily see this if you look at the difference between the iPhone 1 and the iPhone 5 for example, the differences are huge. Not so much if you compare the the iphone1 & 2, or 4S & 5, etc.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
17. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 08:52 InBlack

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 07:12:
mag wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 03:14:
grudgebearer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 00:23:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 22:06:
Wooohoooo! Between this, Wasteland 2, Original Sin and Witcher 3 in February 2015, it's a fucking GREAT six months for RPGs.

Have you played any WL2 yet? The combat is pretty terrible.

How so? Which camp are you from? "Not enough like Fallout" or "too much like Fallout?"

There's just no tactics to it at all. Early on before explosives, since there are no formations your guys enter combat in a clump, first round you move them to cover or just crouch and set everyone to "ambush". The AI is pretty tard, so they always rush into your field of fire, so most battles end by the second third round as you decimate them the first round. You literally have 3 options in combat, crouch, attack, and ambush which is basically overwatch. Later on it get's even worse because you get grenades, and so does the enemy, which are completely overpowered in that they are 100% accurate and do about 100 damage which is instakill unless you are level 10+.

No feats, no aimed shots, no body part targeting, very little environmental destruction; it's just really boring.

I hope PoE doesn't fall into that same hole and spend all their resources on the story and forget that combat is machine that progresses the story and needs to be done just as well.

Ugh, that really does sound terrible. Hopefully this is a little better.

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
14. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 04:20 InBlack

My dad is a theoretical physicist. I used to love physics when I was a kid (still do) but when college time came around for some reason, I never even tried to sign up physics. Fear of failure, dissapointing my father? Probably. But more importantly I think I knew I didnt really have the mathematical or mental knack to get to grips with some of the more complicated physics. I think its definitely Nurture > Nature when it comes to having an affinity for a subject, but its one thing to have a love and passion for something, and another entirely to actually be great at it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2014, 10:09 InBlack

Yeah 7 was the pinnacle IMO. I was surprised that they managed to pull off such a nice comeback after the bloatware of Vista, but arguably Vista had a pretty solid base which they improved upon. 8 is just a clusterfuck, the need to cater to both desktop and mobile/tablet really ruined all chances that OS had.  

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
1. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

Still Ugly but in now in 3d. Yay!  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 10:53 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:47:
InBlack wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 09:58:
Not sure if this would be the right thread to ask but here it goes anyway.

Just finished watching Black Sails Season 1, and Im seriously stoked for some Man-O-War action on the high seas.

Is there a Naval PC game out there that can cater to my needs? So basically looking for a kind of "Pirates!" game.

i mean, is asscreed 4 completely out of the question? cuz that had fantastic age of sail gameplay. ummm... empire total war also had what you're looking for, although it was 3rd person and you commanded fleets. also land battles.

Thanks. Will check those out!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 09:58 InBlack

Not sure if this would be the right thread to ask but here it goes anyway.

Just finished watching Black Sails Season 1, and Im seriously stoked for some Man-O-War action on the high seas.

Is there a Naval PC game out there that can cater to my needs? So basically looking for a kind of "Pirates!" game.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2014, 09:50 InBlack

I dunno. Im not really sure about the beard. He looks better without it IMO. Do Jedi masters really have to sport beards??  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 07:52 InBlack

Dont forget the immortal:

Cpl. Ferro: "We're in the pipe, five by five..."

Famously ripped off by Starcraft

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2014, 07:45 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 05:48:
1badmf wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 01:32:
i have this theory that people are born along a psychological spectrum of empathy. people low on the scale are sociopaths. i don't know if there's a term for people who are highly empathetic, but i tend to think i'm one of them. i don't do anything before considering how it affects anyone around me.

the assholes abusing Zelda, they're obviously on the low end. the worst part is, they think they're doing nothing wrong because they just cant imagine how it's making her feel. same with online trolls and hackers. undiagnosed sociopaths. i think it's a very large underlying problem with our society that's not very well recognized. i'm almost certain there's a disporportionately high correlation between criminal behavior and sociopaths. i think at some point all people should be tested for it when they're young. that way it can be curbed and hopefully minimize venomous behavior like this when they grow up.

Troll behavior correlates strongly to sadism and psychopathy. It is known.

Dont forget that its never as clear cut as all that. There are degrees of sociopathy and no one should underestimate the power of anonymity that the internet bestows upon a relatively 'normal' person. Its much easier to vent and to be spiteful just for the sake of it behind it.

News Comments > Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video
7. Re: Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video Aug 14, 2014, 07:39 InBlack

jdwohlever wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 07:29:
Looks like Left 4 Dead meets MMO.
Meh.

More like Left4Dead meets the most expensive MMO fail in history.

8. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 05:02 InBlack

Great photos BTW. The 'sad' Alien sitting on a packing box pic is my favorite.  

7. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 03:49 InBlack

I dislike comparing the two movies directly. One is pure horror, the other is action SF. I think that Ridley Scott made a brilliant film, I also think that James Cameron made a fantastic sequel. No one, and I mean literaly no one thought Cameron could pull it off, yet he did with flying colors. If I had to pick I would pick Alien, as the better film, but I hate to pick between the two..  

7506 Comments. 376 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo