Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

NoooooooOOOOOOoooooo! You know that Martin stops writing as soon as the NFL starts drafitng. (Ha!)  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 7, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

God is this a terribly written article...Doesnt even illustrate the main points of contention with regards to Early Access gaming, sort of piles on the minor points and skirts around the big issues. Half assed, lazy and really uninspired journalism. Bleh.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Destiny May 7, 2014, 07:57 InBlack

Beamer wrote on May 6, 2014, 13:19:
Ozmodan wrote on May 6, 2014, 13:12:
No way are they going to earn back that much money on Destiny without a PC version. Kotick has finally flipped his lid. The idiots running this business.

Want to explain your reasoning for that one? There are more than a small amount of console-only franchises that have absolutely earned back that money.

I'd love to hear what your sales projections are, by platform; what they'd be for the PC; and what you think the additional cost of developing, QAing, launching and supporting PC are.

Oh, wait, you have none of those, you just think PCs are absolutely critical because it's your platform of choice. The idiots following this business...

For once I agree with Beamer. I have been flamed for it before so go ahead and flame again, but apparently crossplatform gameplay between consoles is supported. Apparently (I have no way to check this but the devs have stated this numerous times) the Destiny server infrastructure is very similar to EvE online, basically one HUGE server for everyone. This is fucking expensive, expensive as hell to maintain and run. Since they would have to build this backend infrastructure for the PC in ADDITION to what they already have it stands to reason that this, together with the stuff Beamer already mentioned, would be prohibitively expensive to do, especially in light of the humongous 500 Million dollar budget.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 7, 2014, 05:25 InBlack

dj LiTh wrote on May 6, 2014, 21:09:
InBlack wrote on May 6, 2014, 09:15:
I got a confession to make. Im playing too much D3:ROS to give much attention to POE. I was a huge D3 vanilla hater, but ROS has sucked me in. Still hate a lot of things about it, but its fucking addictive crack shit....

For me, i think ROS goes a long way to helping making D3 fun, but its such a shallow experience to me, its pointless. Dont know how else to put it. In D3 i feel like i play to get loot to......play more to get more loot....which is pretty circular. In POE it feels like i'm playing to face challenges and the loot is a means to do that. Also D3's skill system is such a travesty, not a 100th as deep as D2 was, even without 10 years of patches.

But i think to each their own, whatever floats your boat.

I kind of want to clear Torment VI like a fucking boss, thats my goal kind of. Once I reach that goal I will probably uninstall, but its fun getting there. Please note I play only hardcore, if it was softcore I would have given up ages ago.

News Comments > Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds
59. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 7, 2014, 05:19 InBlack

Wow, really wow. So all of you guys condoning this shit really want Steam to turn into digital Wallmart? Really, thats what you want? Steam to become the shittiest fucked up digital platform on the internet?

This is not rocket fucking science we are talking about. I have RL friends who have a game up on Steam's Early Access program. Starpoint Gemini II. They had to literally JUMP THROUGH HOOPS to get their game on Steam and they have an actual game on their hands that's in fucking working condition. No one at Valve even looked at their code, all they wanted was reasurrance that they had a publisher. Thats it. If Valve wants their digital store to turn into scam house galore, so be it, but if they care about their image they should hire a few guys who at least fire up each new submitted game and check if its a fucking scam or not...that's not exactly a million dollar operation.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black May 7, 2014, 05:11 InBlack

You guys crack me up!  

News Comments > WildStar Open Beta This Week
16. Re: WildStar Open Beta This Week May 7, 2014, 04:00 InBlack

Does it have permadeath? No?

Sorry. Not hardcore enough. The only type of MMO I would even consider playing today would be one with permadeath, you kids think Vanilla Wow was hardcore...Hhahahhahah

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 7, 2014, 03:52 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on May 7, 2014, 00:19:
....in-depth lore and events.

In depth lore? Blizzard? Dont you mean the kiddie story book stuff that's supposed to pass for lore since Blizzard North left the company? Please....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on May 6, 2014, 09:39:
"We shipped Halo: Reach with 150 people," Osborne told Polygon in an interview. "We've got about 500 now working on Destiny. It takes a lot of people, and a lot of smart people to make a game that measures up today."

Indies disagree. But if gfx is your only thing, perhaps there is more a point there.

Report: Destiny costs Activision $500 million to develop and promote

Hint! Hint!

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Regarding that blood article, now we know Keith Richard's secret...  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Schwarzenegger changing Terminator canon. Oh god huge fucking /facepalm

Link

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 6, 2014, 09:15 InBlack

I got a confession to make. Im playing too much D3:ROS to give much attention to POE. I was a huge D3 vanilla hater, but ROS has sucked me in. Still hate a lot of things about it, but its fucking addictive crack shit....  

6. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 09:11 InBlack

Its sobering that Steam has gotten so fucking damned huge that they cant even police their own digital store. Maybe Gabe should invest some of those mountains of cash into hiring some dedicated people to do just that.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 6, 2014, 09:07 InBlack

nin wrote on May 6, 2014, 08:51:
The ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ ends ‘Titanfall’s 3-week reign at the top.

<snicker> And where are those titanfall sales numbers, EA? Launched in March and not a peep? What does that tell us?

That people like shitty games?? In all honesty I seriously doubt that Titanfall wasnt successful. Sales are not indicative of quality, sadly this is the main problem with gaming today.

1. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 08:53 InBlack

What? Ive never even heard of this...Then again I havent turned Steam on for like months...  

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
17. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 6, 2014, 08:48 InBlack

Half Elf has a good point. The main being the terrible and boring itemization. Somewhat reminiscent of Diablo3's problems.  

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
42. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 6, 2014, 06:47 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 01:13:
InBlack wrote on May 5, 2014, 03:59:
The original UT was nice, but Q3A was better. There I said it. It needed to be said.

nah...

original Q1/QuakeWorld > Q3

Agreed. Also Doom2 > Q1/Quakeworld

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 6, 2014, 06:44 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2014, 04:22:
This thread is full of win.

The solution for the FCC is blindingly simple: classify ISPs as common carriers then regulate them like the phone companies. Done, and this stupid pay to play extortion goes away. The reason phone companies are common carriers is b/c they were deemed vital infrastructure. Today, the internet is even more so.

Also, am I the only one getting an NSA recruiting ad on the sidebar?

Except, money in politics. (Read theat as ISP lobbyists giving fat wads of cash to politicians so that never happens) Sorry your great idea just went down the tubes.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 6, 2014, 04:50 InBlack

Ive seen better. But then again I fly a virtual F15C in my free time  

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
27. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 6, 2014, 04:48 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2014, 01:06:
Beamer wrote on May 5, 2014, 20:41:
As for the whole realism/tech argument? Who cares? Some dweeb discussed realism. In actuality it's scifi grounded in scientific fact, though exaggerated, rather than pure fantasy. So what?

Less suspension of disbelief required. Lightsabers are cool and all, but they won't exist even 1000 years from now. Exoskeletons and adaptive camouflage likely will, and it's cool to see the probable future rendered with thought and realism.

Except we are talking about a Call of Duty game, reinforcing the super power propaganda with ideas stolen from Elysium, Titanfall and House of Cards. Yeah lots of original thought and realism. Hah.

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo