Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9029 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:23 InBlack

Yo welcome back dsmart I guess the chanting worked. Gotta say I liked what you had to say about Star Citizen, it's spot on, even though I had to skip through the self-congratulatory ego stroking parts.
It's not gonna convince the fanboys though, but it might prevent others from throwing money at RSI.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
40. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 11:14 InBlack

descender wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:02:

Real-world application performance difference between the operating systems is virtually non-existent. There's nothing really "wrong" with it at this point once you get 8.1 and classic shell, and there is no reason you would choose 7 over 8 for a new computer today... but there is basically nothing compelling or forcing an upgrade over 7 for existing machines.

This. Also, why would anyone consider DX12 exclusivity to be anything but a bait job to lure 'gamers' into upgrading and how is that exactly a good thing?

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:37 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:20:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:16:
For once I agree with Derek (As far as the snippet posted here on blues below the headline).
He isnt right. People are not buying something. They are donating.

Read the damn article.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 12:09 InBlack

Well this sucks. Bigtime.  

News Comments > NOTGTAV (Really) Released
3. Re: NOTGTAV (Really) Released Jul 3, 2015, 11:39 InBlack

siapnar wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 11:09:
lol these guys are funny, but surely they're getting smacked with some kind of legal issues

Yeah, douchebags gotta sue dont they? No matter that this is a parody, no matter that the proceeds are going to charity..

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
17. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 3, 2015, 07:09 InBlack

Ok thanks guys. In WOT for example I preffered the Heavy tank role (though that meant different things for different nations) although I enjoyed playing the medium tanks as well. I guess Ill gun for the destroyer and battleship classes then.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 3, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

Bigelow wouldnt touch this critically panned piece of shit hollywood franchise with a ten-foot pole. And good for her. Reboots of classic cult movies are bad enough, now we are rebooting the shit that sucked from day one. Yay for reboots Puke  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 3, 2015, 02:46 InBlack

You guys sound like you play coop almost exclusively? Lilly? Kerrigan?? Pfft...  

14. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 3, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

So....Youve convinced me to give it a go. Just to see what the gameplay is all about. Last time round (with WOT) I went with the wrong tree. Since there is no Soviet tree in this game, which tree should I try first and what class?

Had a quick looksee at the tech trees....Japan has battleships, the US has carriers?

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 02:41.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update Jul 3, 2015, 02:21 InBlack

TF2 was still kind of fun the last time I played it, I dont doubt it's still pretty great. Im not going back though, found it a little bit douchy that I had to grind to get drops to set the loadouts I wanted for the characters I wanted to play. Douchy, because I paid full price for this game when it came out with the Orange Box (and purchased two copies as gifts for RL friends) & I hate grinding in FPS games. Hope there is none of that shit in Overwatch, will be trying that out for laughs...  

1. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 10:02 InBlack

Does it take 2500 games using premium to unlock the Tier X ships? If it does, then FUCK Wargaming. I gave up on WOT due to the increasingly tedious grind. Even using premium time.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 05:14 InBlack

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you on that one. I do hope that given the reception and success of NV, Obsidian gets another shot at a standalone expansion. Also, it's not out completely of the question that Bethsoft surprises everyone and releases a good game, it's just not very likely.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 2, 2015, 03:21 InBlack

SMA you have obviously never heard of the R27ET have you? It is a Russian infrared missile with a maximum reported range of 120 km. (The latest versions). No radar required. Let's take that reported range with a grain of salt, and halve it to get to a realistic max range of 60 km. Thats still well beyond visual range, and no its not short range. (My point being that its a myth that IR missiles are necessarily always short range)  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 03:19 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 02:54:
But then ever since Fallout 3 this IP should be dead to you, no?

Huh? How did you figure that? I actually loved Fallout New Vegas.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2015, 02:58 InBlack

Good guy Robert Zemeckis!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 2, 2015, 02:25 InBlack

Im not sure how anyone can ignore the fact that in a likely encounter between the F35 and the PAK-FA (or a similar fifth generation stealth fighter) these two planes would likely not even see each other on their radars until they were very close to WVR distance. So yeah, if anything, dogfighting will be even more important in a future air conflict.  

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 23:21:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 23:03:
After seeing the previews and the highly dumbed down interface with useless choice options I'm very wary of this one.

Agreed. This is definitely not a day one purchase.

The E3 demo left me very underwhelmed. It sort of had the Simcity meets Fallout3 feeling. I dunno, I guess players of Minecraft and survival games will enjoy it, I just wanted a good CRPG in a Fallout setting...

News Comments > Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing
1. Re: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing Jul 1, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

In be4 other Dead or Alive quips...

"You spin me right round baby right round, like a record baby right round, right round...."

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
5. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jul 1, 2015, 08:12 InBlack

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 06:55:
InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 03:05:
Im sick of HOTS, and currently waiting for DCS World 2. I think Ill be going back to POE and creating a nice new character when this hits. Might even start messing around with Hardcore.

Any suggestions, for a (not a complete newbie) what character I should start out with? Im looking for a char that is not so much gear dependant.

To be honest there is so much changes in 2.0 that half the builds are broken and there's about another 10,000 builds to replace them. The amount of content and changes to the game is indeed staggering. I'd recommend just looking at what main skills you find the most enjoyable and build off of that. Lots of old skills that werent so good got boosts. There's also a ton of new skills to play around with. Melee seems to be in favor throughout the beta though.

Ok thanks for the tip. Last time I played, I leveld two classes, melee crusader, and ranged ranger. The ranger got further along before hitting a really solid feeling gear wall. I simply couldnt progress further without significantly better gear without trading for it. Im looking to avoid that bit, since to trade you really need to get sort of lucky with some orb drops (at least thats how it used to be).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2015, 07:27 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 14:39:
harlock wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 12:34:
our economic model of currency is unsustainable, of course

there is a natural "economy", but our financial systems dont follow that at all

Don't worry. After the TPP is ratified we'll all be de facto corporate slaves from that point forward. Welcome to the dystopia.

Are we are not corporate slaves right now?? The dystopia is already here. It was born the minute we gave corporations all the benefits and rights that real citizens have.

P.S.

Where is Beamer, did he get tired of being the devil's advocate on this board?

9029 Comments. 452 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo