Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8657 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

It's been a while since I played. I just don't have the stamina for space trucking, and the space combat got old rather quickly once you realized that once youve seen one USS youve pretty much seen them all.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 08:13 InBlack

Thanks for the help shihonage, will pass it on.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
113. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 08:09 InBlack

Basically they (Valve/Bethesda) took a more or less open community (where people could use other people's work as long as they name the source) and fucked it with a rusty trident.

Goddamn, this will ruin a lot of goodwill for Valve and Bethesda...terrible, terrible decision.

P.S.

The worst part is that the eventual fallout (no pun intended) of all of this shit will be that the next Elder Scrolls game will likely not support any modding.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
32. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 07:20 InBlack

Fuck why did you have to bring up I'76....along with Mechwarrior2, that's probably my favorite game from Activision. Holy shit what I would give for an up to date I'76 in say, the engine from GTAV?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 06:29 InBlack

shihonage wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 05:59:
Given the nature of GTA, there's only one possibility - it streams data as you go.

Just because you have 16GB of RAM, GTA still can't preload all of its content into it (and it would take forever), and it can't guess where you're going in the game, so it can't really utilize the excess memory past a certain engine-required threshold.

All this suggests that there's a high chance that running off SSD would reduce a specific kind of performance issues, i.e. frequent "pausing".

However if the framerate is consistently low, this is a sign of a more general problem, such as an underpowered gaming system or bad driver.

On my friends system (i5@4ghz, 16GB DDR3, GTX680) the game runs and looks great. Still it has these more or less frequent 'slowdowns'. I can't describe them better, it's not like stutter, its like the game slows down just a fraction and then resumes normal speed a fraction of a second later. They happen every so often, more frequently or rather more noticably while driving, sort of maybe every 5-10 seconds or so. Could this be tied to 'data' streaming and if so would the HDD be the culprit? (He doesn't have an SSD).

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 02:54 InBlack

So would an SSD improve performance with the game? (Other than the loading times). Im not sure how it streams data, whether it does so on the fly etc. etc. I guess it also depends on how much memory one has. For example, Im not sure installing GTA on an SSD would make much difference for a system with 16GB of RAM.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 24, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

Simon Says wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 02:09:
That's one girl I'd dump. Not because of the loss of equipment and $, but because I'd never trust a girl like this to not try to fuck with my free will ever again.

Wut? Confused

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
107. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Well bye bye Skyrim + MODS, hello Skyrim + DLC!!

DLC which was not developed in-house, isn't supported in-house, and which 75% of the proceeeds go to the, you guessed it folks, house!

Bethe$da + $team + Modders (read almost unpaid DLC creators) == $$$$

What could go wrong??

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2015, 03:44.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 08:31 InBlack

Yes it's a rare bird that I kind of bought by accident (they didnt stock the 2GB version at the time, and this one was like 20$ more expensive, so it was a no brainer). I wonder how it will handle the Witcher3 and GTAV? So far the card's chewed through pretty much everything Ive hurled at it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2015, 08:28 InBlack

What about the Nvidia GTAV drivers? Do they make any difference? Has anyone benchmarked them compared to older (more stable?) drivers?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 08:22 InBlack

Blue, I have a 760GTX that sports 4GB of VRAM.  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
1. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 08:19 InBlack

This sounds more and more like Rockstar's databases got breached, and not user error. Looks like the hackers had access to the Social Club account names and passwords and not the email account used to create those. The deflection is another giveaway, some 'other' databases and websites were breached...  

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
20. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 23, 2015, 07:58 InBlack

The real question is how many of those that got burned by Rockstar's support (in addition to already having an unplayable product) will turn around and buy (or even worse, preorder) the very next thing Rockstar announces, without batting an eyelid.

I dont think any other industry in the world has better, loyal or more forgetful customers, most of us gamers are ready and willing to buy any old piece of shit in a box (or a digital download) just WOW us and HYPE us and we will give you our soul...

It's quite pathetic, but when you think about the origins of our escapism hobby, it makes a lot of sense.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2015, 03:08 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 13:54:
By Grabthar's hammer! What a savings.

Saw that story last night. Can't wait. I love that movie, and 12 Monkeys gave me the will to believe it can be done right.

Fuck that. We all know that the show they should really be making is Star Trek.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 06:51 InBlack

No one is complaining about the view, we are talking about input lag.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2015, 07:52.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 05:49 InBlack

This has got to be some of the most ridciulous lawyer bullshit I have ever read about. Copryright Law? Really?

Depressing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 04:47 InBlack

Orogogus wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 03:12:
InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 02:50:
True Dat! Full House was the (un)funniest show on TV ever. I could never fathom why it was so popular, I hated it even as a kid. BoB Saget has to take the prize for the most succesful comedian without a sense of humour, thats for sure. At least he is not coming back in this reboot, is he?

I gather that his comedian schtick is nothing like his role on Full House, although I haven't watched it so I don't know whether it's actually funny or not.

Well when he hosted America's Funniest Home Videos (remember that you old fucks!? :)) he had these little stand up one-liners and whatnot, I don't know if he wrote his own material, but Christ the stuff that came out of his mouth was so terrible, I felt embarrased just watching him do his thing.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 04:40 InBlack

Slick wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 04:09:

go play counterstrike, then come back to GTA V. it's like the controls are drunk, but i'm just angry.

Yeah, if youre used to a typical FPS PC game responsivness it really is a pain. Its really not that bad, once you get used to it you hardly notice it, but for us oldschool FPS guys it is annoying as fuck.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Yeah, Ill just remove this before shit gets out of hand  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

Necrophob wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 17:51:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:35:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 10:36:
Fuller House... No...

Yeah, is anyone asking for this? I could see it for Arrested Development (even though I don't think it turned out very well) but Full House? Really?

"How wude!"

But seriously, beaming x-rays into your eyes to improve your vision was a better idea than this.

True Dat! Full House was the (un)funniest show on TV ever. I could never fathom why it was so popular, I hated it even as a kid. BoB Saget has to take the prize for the most succesful comedian without a sense of humour, thats for sure. At least he is not coming back in this reboot, is he?

8657 Comments. 433 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo