Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7798 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 22, 2014, 02:31 InBlack

Because its so attractive and natural for a prince to act like a helpless maid in distress? I dont get it. Do we really need to completely disregard traditional gender roles? I mean we did evolve genders and our respective behaviour regarding them for a reason after all.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC
8. Re: Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Oct 22, 2014, 02:18 InBlack

The game has grown on me the more Ive played it. I might even finish it now heh. I like that you can specialize. The Nemesis system is fairly gimmicky, Im thinking there is something missing there but its fun to just run around slaughtering Orcs in their hundreds.  

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
12. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:54 InBlack

*disclaimer

Im definitely NOT a Metallica purist. I.E. I consider ALL of their albums great up to and including Reload. Different, yes. Still great though. The utter abortion of St. Anger and the abominable frankensteinian monster of Death Magnetic were shit. Utter shit.

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
9. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:43 InBlack

Hyatus wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 12:39:
Kill 'em All and be done with it.

I hear ya. Metallica turned to complete shit after they gave Jason 'the ultimatum'. Nothing against Trujilo, he is a great bass player and its not his fault but Metallica turned into crybaby pussies who have somehow managed to lose the muse so completely its fucking ridiculous. Last time I watched them they sucked donkey balls. I dont think they even practice anymore.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 21, 2014, 10:38 InBlack

Endless Legend sounds like a really cool game, gonna be keeping an eye out on that, as well as Beyond Earth.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 10:24 InBlack

You guys in the States have it easy. Free shipping from virtually anywhere (in the States). Despite my country becoming a new member of the EU most British, German sites do not consider it as one when calculating shipping costs. When ordering from the US the shipping costs are even higher, about 50-60$ per packet.

I think its laughable that China's shipping costs (when compared to the US costs on ebay) are routinely a tenth of the cost of shipping from the US, sometimes they are even lower.

Hopefully things will get better (at least with shipping from the rest of the EU) but then again this being Eastern Europe, they probably wont.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
60. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 21, 2014, 07:00 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:25:
nin wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 14:30:
I'm just glad everyone is finally seeing her for the fraud she is.

I take major issue with the way she both makes her arguments and factually represents the games she covers (the way she portrays Hitman Absolution is nothing short of outright lies) but I have a hard time accepting she's just an out and out scam artist. People can say what they want about how many death threats she's actually gotten and how credible they are but I think there's no doubt she has gotten a lot of those and taken a lot of abuse. Is enduring that really worth the $160K or whatever she got from her Kickstarter and whatever else she's getting from some of her speaking engagements and consulting? Not to say that isn't no money but it's not like she's becoming a millionaire off this and it seems an awful position to put yourself in for not ultimately a ton of money. Personally, I think she really does believe in her cause and what she's doing, I just have big problems with how she does it, how she manipulates the media and how she refuses to debate anyone who might be able to refute her.

She has been named the most valuable pop culture critic by Rolling Stone. Mark my words, if she isnt already earning the big dollars, she will be by Christmas at the latest.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 05:52 InBlack

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:59:
InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 03:10:
How is it possible that CoD is going back to the twitchy gameplay of Quake? Isnt that inherently sucky with console controllers?

Not if you put 200 degrees of perfect auto-aim on it.

Ok, not interested anymore. (Unless they remove the auto-aim for the PC version, not counting on it)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 21, 2014, 05:37 InBlack

So what? If they fail, they fail. If they break even or turn a profit what does that say exactly? Not much than what is already known (at least about the developer) but it will say a lot about the market. In any case this is all just speculation anyway until the game is released we wont really know. I for one am firmly against censorship of any kind, and if we want to push things further and we start considering games as art and we still censor them then where do we stop?? There have been plenty of movies, books about sociopathic killers, so why not games??  

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
73. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 21, 2014, 02:45 InBlack

beremot wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 19:49:
Icewind wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:21:
Danger Dog beat me to posting that Jade comic. I remember that, and the stink it caused. Me? I laughed my butt off at it.

I'm half shocked that none of the self-righteous SJWs have used that incident in their fight. Goes to show you how much of a game industry newbie these young hipsters truly are.

I started browsing this site back when Voodoo Extreme was making midget jokes and Jeremy Allford at AGN3d was still alive. I'm not in any way shape or form a "young hipster." I like Blues News because I like the way Blue writes, and I like reading some of the threads because I respect the gaming opinions of many of the posters here, without feeling the need to post myself.

But every time the subject of "women" comes up, even incidentally, the amount of assholism and sheer stupidity that wells up in response never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah, that Jade cartoon is hilarious! Look, she's giving blow jobs! She's attractive, so she deserves to be depicted that way! Haw haw!

I don't get it. I really don't.

I have a mother, a wife, a young daughter. Why should they be treated with contempt, or worse, just because they're women?

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

My guess is you probably couldn't tell me, even if you wanted to.

But trust me.

There is something wrong with you.

Over and out.

Thank you for saying 'some' and not 'all'. That important distinction is frequently lost on those who feel the need to carry the torch in these discussions. Most of the comments Ive read in this thread were supportive or written in good humour. A few were downright despicable though. Ive never heard of this woman until today and have nothing else to contribute to the subject except that not all gamers are misogynist, not even most of them are despite the vocal minority that keeps pouring fuel on the flames...

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2014, 02:53.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
20. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 21, 2014, 02:28 InBlack

Squirmer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 23:32:
I don't know why you'd want to watch a Batman show with no Batman.

Holy derailing Batman!! Also, what he said...

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
11. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 21, 2014, 02:19 InBlack

Cautiously optimistic about the release of Beyond Earth. Hopefully modders will tweak that horrible color palette though...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2014, 10:58 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:33:
i know that was one of its themes - cybernetics vs humanity, but it only addressed it at a philosophical level, never actually using the on-screen action to depict the dichotomy of the two. the sequel was even more guilty of this, talking and talking endless philosophy with the onscreen action being rather simple in comparison. i was really disappointed cuz i'd heard so much about it too.

I guess its a Japanese thing. At least I found that true of most Anime Ive watched, many are fairly deep but you really have to connect the dots. Its not that the live action doesnt depict the philosophical nuances its that you have to really struggle to figure out how and where it does. They dont serve it on a platter like western audiences born on a staple diet of hollywood movies are used to. Some of these movies are better on the second or even third viewing. Also the animation is really awesome. Beats CGI any day of the week....

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Rigs wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:43:

You're glossing over the money side of this equation. How much do they get from Sony and MS for supporting previous gen consoles? In addition there are those that don't have the new systems and have no PC or a shitty one and play the new releases and believe it or not, that's still a rather large group. So you get profits from that too. With just the PC you have no kickbacks from a particular dev/publisher and you have to optimize for some arbitrary spec which may or may not equal what most gamers have under their desks. So, it's the difference between a shotgun slug round and buckshot...a near sure-thing or a 50/50 and given that the sole reason they're in the business in the first place is money, then the answer is pretty clear...

=-Rigs-=

I assure you Rigs, Im well aware which way the cookie crumbles...

Its still depressing though. Since the PC is hardly a chump change market anymore.

19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 10:48 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:40:
What do any of you care? None of you is buying this garbage and supporting these assholes making this tripe...right? RIGHT?

Exactly. Except if ActiBlizz takes the lead this console generation 'round everyone else and their grandmother will follow suit and we will be left with the very few console ports we do want to play bringing our relatively powerful PC's to their knees.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Namifying??? Oct 20, 2014, 10:39 InBlack

Well there are a shitload of examples there. Can't say that Ive heard of any of them but Im not really big on what is currently 'trendy'...  

16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 10:32 InBlack

UHD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:30:
InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:44:
InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:18:
Yeah well, who the fuck does code optimization anyway right? We can just throw more hardware at it!! Take that shitty code!

We wanted this, it was the only benefit the new consoles gave pc gamers.

Indeed. Until you remember that the game is coming out on PS3 and Xbox360. How much memory does the Xbox360 have again???

If the game's minimum PC spec is 6GB of RAM but still plays on last-gen consoles, odds are they downsized assets to fit the 360/PS3. At this point in its lifecycle, 360/PS3 playability is a concession rather than the baseline.

Exactly my point. They bother optimising and developing for last gen consoles, yet they never really bother about doing anything with the PC version at all, past a half-assed port at best.

Remember these are minimum specs. What the fuck are the recomended specs then????

Especially since the PS4 has 6GB of shared memory. Thats VRAM and SYSRAM. Sure the unified structure probably makes it much easier to code for the PS4 but what the hell...

I dont know why Im getting my panties all in a bunch though, this is CoD we are talking about after all....maybe its a harbinger of things to come?

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2014, 10:44.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2014, 10:26 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:03:
InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:35:
Ghost in the Shell is a work of Art. Im not sure how I feel about a live action adaptation, even with Scarlett Johansson who I feel could be a pretty good casting choice for lead here. I guess it would depend on the screenplay, but Im guessing they would butcher most of what made the anime so great in the first place.

i have to respectfully disagree. while it was an epic philosophical journey, it was so wrapped up in its scifi trappings it utterly lacked any sense of humanity. i think that's what makes bladerunner the greatest scifi film of all - it never let go of its sense of humanity.

Well...thats like....your opinion man. I dont really want to compare the two but to me its just the opposite, in fact Ghost delves even deeper into what exactly makes up 'humanity'. It does get a little deep at times and leaves a lot open to interpretation though. Its that kind of film. But then again, so is Bladerunner. I dont want to riff on Bladerunner too much, its a great movie and Ghost owes a shitload to the Ridley Scott masterpiece.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 10:20 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:44:
InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:18:
Yeah well, who the fuck does code optimization anyway right? We can just throw more hardware at it!! Take that shitty code!

We wanted this, it was the only benefit the new consoles gave pc gamers.

Indeed. Until you remember that the game is coming out on PS3 and Xbox360. How much memory does the Xbox360 have again???

6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:31:
Is that a lot? Since my PC has about a hundred and eleventy gigs of RAM I never pay attention to RAM specs.

Well not really I guess, until you remember that this is a console port.

7798 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo