Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9017 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 10:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:32:
And a lot of my British mates really into football love woman's soccer. They say it's a way faster and cleaner game than the mens. None of that nonsense rolling around on the ground trying to draw a penalty, they just bounce back up and get back into it.

It may be faster, but no way is it cleaner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd1bxM3uP5A

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
15. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 10:54 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:15:
All I care about is Squadron 42.. and once that releases the game can die, because modders can take over so whatever...

Which part of Squadron42 do you mean? Part1, Part2 or Part3? Since it's supposed to be coming in an episodic format (if at all) what guarantee do any of us have that it will ever be released to completion? I mean since episodic games have such a long and historic record of success that is...

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
2. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 09:42 InBlack

What I want to know is did he leave of his own accord, or did he get fired?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 07:40 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 07:35:
InBlack wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 02:34:
Holy shit Tom The Cruise is splitting from Scientology? How is that not headline news?! How?!!

Their source is a tabloid. Believe it when it actually happens.

I was being sarcastic. But thanks for the heads-up anyway

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Holy shit Tom The Cruise is splitting from Scientology? How is that not headline news?! How?!!  

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
47. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 6, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

ViRGE wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 17:01:
InBlack wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 11:14:
This. Also, why would anyone consider DX12 exclusivity to be anything but a bait job to lure 'gamers' into upgrading and how is that exactly a good thing?
DX12 goes hand-in-hand with WDDM 2.0. And WDDM 2.0 is the biggest overhaul of the underlying Windows graphics layer since WDDM 1.0 and Vista in 2006. Everything from memory management to task pre-emption is being touched and improved. These aren't changes that can be backported to older versions of Windows.

Rofl Vista and DX10....

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

Yep. Also it's not like this is new or anything. The EU passed a similar law about a year ago. Read the damn article  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 6, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 21:18:
Flatline wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 19:47:
harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 18:19:
i dunno.. i kinda enjoy watching Apple morph into Dell in slow motion

in a logical future, where people have to know a basic amount of coding just to get around (like how people today need to have a basic amount of automobile piloting skills), the only thing rising to the top is Linux, especially with its ability to mutate into endless forms

however, a logical future is not necessarily what will happen

Bad comparison because drivers are moving away from stick and know less and less how to actually *fix* the guts of their car, which is what coding would be analogous to.

I have male friends who have no f*cking clue how to change a tire.

That's your iPhone generation right there.

no its a good comparison because im not talking about FIXING a car, im talking about DRIVING a car

and yes, I consider coding analogous to DRIVING in the logical future I am imagining... in other words, a kind of navigation and general getting around, not a repair of broken shit

but you're right about the current prognosis based on current events... it doesnt look like the future will flow in a logical direction, but more and more into the terminal kaleidoscope of self-destruction

humanity had their chance and they are about to blow it - it wont be long now until the shit really hits the fan

Nope, still a pretty bad comparison. It's like 'driving' the internet today. You don't do it directly, google does it for you. Once we get true AI, Im guessing it will be a much better software writer than any human intelligence now, there will be no more need for true coders or programmers. People will still need to deal with and solve logical problems, but AI will actually help them write the actual applications or code to do so.

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:23 InBlack

Yo welcome back dsmart I guess the chanting worked. Gotta say I liked what you had to say about Star Citizen, it's spot on, even though I had to skip through the self-congratulatory ego stroking parts.
It's not gonna convince the fanboys though, but it might prevent others from throwing money at RSI.

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
40. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 11:14 InBlack

descender wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:02:

Real-world application performance difference between the operating systems is virtually non-existent. There's nothing really "wrong" with it at this point once you get 8.1 and classic shell, and there is no reason you would choose 7 over 8 for a new computer today... but there is basically nothing compelling or forcing an upgrade over 7 for existing machines.

This. Also, why would anyone consider DX12 exclusivity to be anything but a bait job to lure 'gamers' into upgrading and how is that exactly a good thing?

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:37 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:20:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:16:
For once I agree with Derek (As far as the snippet posted here on blues below the headline).
He isnt right. People are not buying something. They are donating.

Read the damn article.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 12:09 InBlack

Well this sucks. Bigtime.  

News Comments > NOTGTAV (Really) Released
3. Re: NOTGTAV (Really) Released Jul 3, 2015, 11:39 InBlack

siapnar wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 11:09:
lol these guys are funny, but surely they're getting smacked with some kind of legal issues

Yeah, douchebags gotta sue dont they? No matter that this is a parody, no matter that the proceeds are going to charity..

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
17. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 3, 2015, 07:09 InBlack

Ok thanks guys. In WOT for example I preffered the Heavy tank role (though that meant different things for different nations) although I enjoyed playing the medium tanks as well. I guess Ill gun for the destroyer and battleship classes then.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 3, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

Bigelow wouldnt touch this critically panned piece of shit hollywood franchise with a ten-foot pole. And good for her. Reboots of classic cult movies are bad enough, now we are rebooting the shit that sucked from day one. Yay for reboots Puke  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 3, 2015, 02:46 InBlack

You guys sound like you play coop almost exclusively? Lilly? Kerrigan?? Pfft...  

14. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 3, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

So....Youve convinced me to give it a go. Just to see what the gameplay is all about. Last time round (with WOT) I went with the wrong tree. Since there is no Soviet tree in this game, which tree should I try first and what class?

Had a quick looksee at the tech trees....Japan has battleships, the US has carriers?

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 02:41.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update Jul 3, 2015, 02:21 InBlack

TF2 was still kind of fun the last time I played it, I dont doubt it's still pretty great. Im not going back though, found it a little bit douchy that I had to grind to get drops to set the loadouts I wanted for the characters I wanted to play. Douchy, because I paid full price for this game when it came out with the Orange Box (and purchased two copies as gifts for RL friends) & I hate grinding in FPS games. Hope there is none of that shit in Overwatch, will be trying that out for laughs...  

1. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 10:02 InBlack

Does it take 2500 games using premium to unlock the Tier X ships? If it does, then FUCK Wargaming. I gave up on WOT due to the increasingly tedious grind. Even using premium time.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2015, 05:14 InBlack

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you on that one. I do hope that given the reception and success of NV, Obsidian gets another shot at a standalone expansion. Also, it's not out completely of the question that Bethsoft surprises everyone and releases a good game, it's just not very likely.  

9017 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo