Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
20. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 29, 2015, 03:20 InBlack

I don't get all the hate for Doom, it's alpha, one level, one gameplay mode and not the full selection of weapons. The reason why they are doing the alpha is to get feedback on the important stuff, you know the stuff everyone is complaining about...*sigh*  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 29, 2015, 03:16 InBlack

Acleacius wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 21:55:
So, I'm guessing you made a hilariously funny joke and it went over my head. On the other hand, if you really believe I'm a SJW (stupid name, who ever came up with this must be a real hoot at parties) then you need to actually read the definition or you need to make up a new one. Giggle

I tried to make this argument ages ago, when the topic of Gamergate first appeared but no way could I make it stick. It's apparently become a derogatory 'title' and that's that.

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
25. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 29, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

The first one was surprisingly good. It was all downhill from there...

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2015, 03:24.

News Comments > GOG.com Remembers More Forgotten Realms
4. Re: GOG.com Remembers More Forgotten Realms Oct 28, 2015, 12:20 InBlack

I see what you did there Blue  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 11:05 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:35:
The Supergirl numbers are depressing considering how terrible it was.

6.3 on IMDB. Yeah, based on those numbers alone I would skip it altogether. Then again The Walking Dead has 8.6 on IMDB and I had to force myself to finish the first season, man that show sucks.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2015, 10:50 InBlack

They are just getting ready for when NET neutrality is finally killed off completely, so unless you pay up, get ready for some throttling shenanigans! Disgusting if you ask me, and our grandchildren will never believe the stories we tell of our Internets of Yore...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
2. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 10:46 InBlack

More FPS footage showing absolutely nothing of the space sim game apart from a typical FPS level, oh and if explosion physics is the coolest news they can think of then:

http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg?fb

News Comments > Battleborn Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Battleborn Multiplayer Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 10:41 InBlack

Is this going to be Free to Play? If the answer is yes, then it's probably going to destroy Blizzard's Overwatch. MOBA + FPS = $$$.  

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
1. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 10:39 InBlack

I think Ill just wait for DOOM4. Thanks.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version
1. Re: Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version Oct 28, 2015, 10:37 InBlack

Pretty tame specs, as was expected. Anyone from Blues in yet?  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Oct 28, 2015, 10:35 InBlack

First Person MOBA? Was bound to happen sooner or later...  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
17. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 28, 2015, 07:18 InBlack

Bub wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 07:01:
Actually that was part of my point games like TF2 have pretty much saturated that market, the only people I see leaving TF2 for this new game are the 1% with the best rigs that can take advantage of all the new eye-candy. Also I don't expect TF2 to retaliate with newer more flashy version.

This is Blizzard we are talking about. I seriously doubt that the game will be very resource hungry. From what I've seen I think I'm going to like it, but I also liked TF2...

72. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 04:40 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 04:26:

Hmm, maybe that's where Eve went wrong: she ate the apple when she was supposed to eat the snake!

Funny you should mention that, I watched a documentary yesterday about this one dude who wanted to find the land of Eden, not the mythological Garden of Creation, but the actual land on which the myth is based. Pretty good documentary on such a controversial subject, I was impressed by this real life Indiana Jones type of guy. An important part of the documentary is the parts that were mistranslated in the different Biblical translations. For example, the famous apple is never named as an actual apple in the earlier Old Hebrew editions. Merely as "forbidden fruit".

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 07:51.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
35. Re: removed Oct 28, 2015, 04:31 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:58:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 27, 2015, 17:02.

...always late to the party!

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
34. Re: removed Oct 28, 2015, 04:30 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 16:24:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 27, 2015, 17:02.

Goddamnit!

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
15. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 28, 2015, 04:09 InBlack

I still feel there is a market for good MMORPGS, but only if they stop copying the carebear gameplay of WoW and its ilk.

MMOs need to go back to their hardcore MUD roots to be successful. The rise of survival games (of all things) proves this. Just look at that ARK Dinosaur game, with a few tweaks it could almost qualify as an MMO.

70. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 04:01 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:56:
Invisible sky wizards

Can we please not get into this? Yes, there are those of us who actually believe in God. You don't have to agree with my beliefs but at least be respectful. This is an community of varying expressions.

Hang on. From your previous post you indicated that humans were designed to be vegetable eaters. Biologically speaking this is completely wrong. Do you believe in the story of Creation as it is written down in the Bible?

(Im not trying to mock or to have fun, didn't think that creationists visited these boards anymore so I just wanted to know)

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 04:36.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
17. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 28, 2015, 03:54 InBlack

Really, really, meh gameplay. If you enjoy loading set pieces until you "figure it out" you will like this game. Personally, I thought the game was a wasted opportunity.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 11:05 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:53:

It's all about managed expectations. If you go in expecting the world, you're going to be disappointed. And the reality is (and I'm just as guilty as anyone else), when you say you "grew up with these movies, and loved them as much as the next kid" and that a franchise "will all turn to shit"...that's rose colored glasses talking. In our minds, we hold those "classics" to such high regard, that there's no way anything new or different will meet our expectations.

It's not just about expectations. It's about not regurgitating the same thing over and over again, like Hollywood has increasingly been doing for the past twenty years or so. It seems to be accelerating and getting worse. (Not just with Star Wars)

Look at literature as an example, you don't see people bending over backwards to write sequels to the great novels of the time, well to be honest you do. But how many of them ever capture the feeling of the original(s)?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 11:01 InBlack

Blue wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:58:
nin wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:53:
I mean really, is that an outstanding career? That's borderline "You next job is managing the Space MCDonalds".

Yeah, but he killed the shit out of those younglings, right? No one can ever take that away from him.

I see where you two are going with this, and funny as it is, it's not what I meant. What I meant was in a dramatic sense, not in a logical one. Like Villains found in Shakespeare or Opera, they are great because they are flawed

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo