Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8877 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:31:
Nobody except Russia annexed an area in a sovereign country. So whatever the case, Russia is the evil in this painting of Cold War 2 - The Making Of

Thats a very naive way of looking at things. Good & Evil have nothing to do with it, Russia is simply trying to assert it's dominance in its backyard. They want to become a relevant player again in international affairs. It's politics, nothing more, nothing less. Sure that means didlly squat to the Ukranians, who are getting royaly fucked but when you look back when did that EVER stop any country in history??? The winners always end up (re)writing history anyway, so that future generations can grow up thinking that their cause was 'just'...what a load of BS...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 02:12 InBlack

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:45:
Yeah I have been playing this quite a bit as well. It's a lot of fun.

The only slight downside right now is a lot of people are trying to play it like it's LoL/DOTA2. They split up and try to "lane" and stuff when really this is pretty much an objective based 5v5 game.

So far I haven't really ran into any toxic players during closed and open beta, but I'm sure they will ruin it sooner or later.

/facepalm

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 09:37 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:33:
Game reviewers are journalists? Heh. Yeah. Sure. Most journalists aren't even real journalists.

No reason why they couldn't at least aspire to some kind of work ethic. Anything really would be better than what we have now, which is in my opinion basically a 'clique' of hip kids with a talent for making shit up as they go along and enjoying that clickbait ad money.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 09:32 InBlack

I don't think he mentioned it or brought it up with any motive or thought, however I agree that his update on his stance on gamergate wasn't really necessary and did not contribute in any way to the article.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:21:
That Polygon article was one of the worst I've ever read. It's astonishing that anyone could be so self-absorbed as to make the entire article about them. They don't deserve their job.

Unless its their job to be self-absorbed and bring hits to the site though controversy and click-baiting. Pretty much the MO for anything Ive glanced at on the Polygon. Truly an abysmal 'gaming' site.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue [Dragnet] Jun 2, 2015, 09:07 InBlack

I feel I have to comment on that "Big Trouble in Litle China" remake story. Now I like Mr. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, he has some of that Arnold charisma, but....please NO. Stop right there!

First of all these are not the 80's so no racist jokes allowed and second of all, there is no way that anyone can step in Kurt Russell's shoes. No fucking way. Sorry Mr. Johnson, but your charisma can only take you so far.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 08:55 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 08:38:
He was on a good run, until he brought Gamer Gate into this...

Oh wow Earaser, did you even read the article? He mentions Gamergate in passing and doesnt touch on any of the agenda one way or another. It's actually a very critical look on the work ethics of journalism in gaming media and you fail it for mentioning a word?

He clarifies his position in an update later, but his position doesn't in any way diminish or touch on anything that was written in said article.

News Comments > Pro Cycling Manager 2015 This Month
1. Re: Pro Cycling Manager 2015 This Month Jun 2, 2015, 08:48 InBlack

Yep, this one is gonna brake some sales records thats for sure!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 08:46 InBlack

Neighbours can be very scary. They usually don't fall into a person's intimate circle, and yet other than close friends they are the people who know you best. Or at least they think they do. I have a nosy neighbour two floors below me who claims that she can hear my girlfriend when she walks in heels on my tiled kitchen floor. Two. Floors. Down. I kid you not.

The very same hateful person claimed to some other people in the neighbourhood that she found needles and drug paraphenalia in my garbage about four years ago when I had to do some serious redecorating work in my flat and the workers threw out a lot of my late grandmothers stuff who used to live there.

It didn't occur to her that my grandmother died from complications arising from a very serious diabetes condition, and that the drug paraphenalia was in fact insulin and related medicines, despite the fact that she knew both myself and my grandmother for most of her adult life.

What she was doing digging through my trash in the first place...fuck if I know. But hateful and nosy neighbours are scary as fuck and can make life in a closely knit neighbourhood hell on earth.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2015, 09:01.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Announced
19. Re: XCOM 2 Announced Jun 2, 2015, 07:46 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 07:13:
i didn't see any of that either, although to be fair i remember reading about a chance to hit bug at the time. i just hope they add some depth to the game to make it something resembling the original with the multiple bases and points based combat instead of just two actions.

I missed the whole multiple bases/strategic layer of the original games, however I couldnt find anything really wrong with the 'streamlined' combat other than the % to hit being kind of wonky and very dependant on the 3d models being sort of correctly aligned.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2015, 07:42 InBlack

jimnms wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 06:04:

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 21:52:
edit:
More annoyingly, perhaps, Microsoft has also changed how updates will work with Windows 10. Although the Pro and Enterprise editions will both be able to defer updates, Windows 10 Home users will not have the option. Updates will instead be downloaded and installed automatically as soon as they're available.

Aaaand fuck you, microsoft. You've released buggy patches too many times for people to trust you with that privilege.

What the hell! They better reverse this decision before release. I haven't decided if I'm going to update or not, and this is pushing me toward not updating, even if it is free. If it's possible would still like to grab a free update key for each of my Win7 licenses and just not update, but I have a feeling you're going to have to get the upgrade from within an installed and working Windows 7 installation.

Yeah I can't see anything good coming of this. Bloatware for your PC, no thank you. I have to deal with this shit on my Android phone, and subsequently my phone is like 75% slower then when I first bought it. I can't be bothered to do a jailbreak and a clean OS install since its only a phone, but there is no way Im going to allow Microsoft comlpete and utter blanche carte access to my PC. Fuck that.

17. Re: XCOM 2 Announced Jun 2, 2015, 05:53 InBlack

jimnms wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 05:24:
Meh, I'll get it when it's $5 seeing as how they never bothered to fix game breaking bugs in the last game. I bought the first one when it hit 50% off and was enjoying it until about 20 hours into my game it got buggy as shit. The hit percentages started going off. I first started noticing it only one one soldier, then it spread like a virus to others. On the overview, the little icons at the bottom, hovering over an enemy there would show 0%-1% chance to hit. I kept moving in until I was right in their face and it was still 0%-1%, but when I switch to the aim view it showed what I assume was the correct hit percentage. Once I discovered that, I quit relying on the overview icons as it seemed the aiming percent was correct, but then even that stopped working. It got to the point where one view always said I had 100% and the other 0%, so I had no idea what my real hit percentage was.

I also got a high ranked sniper for a reward after completing a mission once. It would have been nice if he wasn't fucking blind. I gave him squad sight, but when I took him out on his first mission he never, ever, had a shot on any enemy, whether it was in his line of sight or a squad's sight and he clearly could make the shot. I gave him another chance later, but he was the same. He shoot things in overwatch, so that was all he was good for.

I picked up Enemy Within during last year's sale hoping maybe the DLC would have fixed it up, but nope. At least I didn't waste 20 hours playing it before the bug manifested itself.

Wow thats really weird (and crap). I never experienced that with either the original game or the expansion.

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2015, 04:20 InBlack

mag wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 04:03:
InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:33:
Zanderat1 wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 21:32:
DX12?

Are you fucking kidding me? They are pulling a Vista? Again? Win10 will be DX12 exclusive? Fucking Microsoft...

It's been obvious that that's the case for a long time. And Win10 is free for Win7 and Win8 users.

Really? Didn't know that. But it makes sense I guess, Windows going F2P...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 03:41 InBlack

Manged to watch GOT episode 8 yesterday, nice fight scenes. Probably the best so far, also satisfying to see a confirmation of something that was only hinted at in the books (at least how I remember them) but never outright told.

Mormont getting exiled AGAIN was fucking lame though. Totally lame plot device that probably never needed to happen in the books.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2015, 04:21.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 2, 2015, 03:17 InBlack

Its not tyranny unless you have a tyrant LittleMe. For a conspiracy theorist you sure know fuck-all about politics. The term you want is "corporate-theocracy". Oh wait, yeah you believe that corporations are 'good' and governmets are 'bad'..  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

Krodge wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 21:18:

So you refuse to play games where you have to play as a pre designed character?
Because you're going to miss out on a ton of great games.
The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Dreamfall. You would refuse to play all of these since you cant create your own character?

Be fair dude. He is talking about CRPGs. I too have a preference for cRPGs where you create your own character, your own story. Im digging the Witcher3, but one of the main reasons why I hated W1 is because it felt like a glorified action beat-em up platformer turned 3d, and I never liked those much. Thankfully the W3 is much more fleshed out, but yeah I get where the dude is coming from.

CDPR's next game (the Cyberpunk game) will have even more scope and multiple characters/classes to chose from.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
53. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 2, 2015, 02:58 InBlack

For some reason disabling Antialiasing in the Witcher3 has removed all artifacting and flickering and has had a HUGE impact on the performance. I can't say that I notice any jaggy edges. Not that it ran badly before, but now it't like locked at 60 FPS all the time. 970 GTX @ 1080, everything on Ultra (except foliage which is on High), Vsyinc on.

Turning Vsyinc off had no noticable impact on performance, it did however cause terrible screen tearing.

15. Re: XCOM 2 Announced Jun 2, 2015, 02:41 InBlack

Im also getting a 'syndicate' vibe here, which is a good thing. XCOM (with its expansion) was one of the better reboots I have played, so I have high hopes for this. Also cool that they went with a role reversal, although to be completely honest I would have loved a straight "Terror from the Deep" remake. Still remains my favorite Xcom game to date.

Also, how the fuck does this thread only have 15 replies? Common it's Xcom!!!

*sigh*

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2015, 03:25.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Zanderat1 wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 21:32:
DX12?

Are you fucking kidding me? They are pulling a Vista? Again? Win10 will be DX12 exclusive? Fucking Microsoft...

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
16. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 11:24 InBlack

Grokk wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 11:17:
Well Shit!

I just dropped $750 AUD on an overclocked GTX980 about 10 days ago.
I new something like this would happen. Any 6gb model would have been better, but I couldn't quite justify the price on a Titan X and settled for 4gb instead.

Fuck me and my first world problems right.

Lemme add some salt to that wound

The 980Ti is reportedly only a few percent slower than the Titan, like 3-4% slower.

8877 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo