Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7794 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 24, 2014, 02:51 InBlack

I don't get it. What's wrong with chess?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 02:48 InBlack

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:46:
Honestly the negative attitudes about John Riccitiello largely come from gamers who know basically zero about business or what a CEO even does. Some game ends up sucking or having questionable design decisions, and somehow that's the CEOs fault. That might be true at some tiny ass developer, but at a large company the CEO is largely concerned with the big picture, not what map size is appropriate for fucking SimCity.

John probably saved EA as COO, and then later on as CEO he was really good for the company. He had a bad year at the end, but still. Unless the dude is bringing the entirety of EA management and development with him, the shortcomings of some EA titles are irrelevant to what he might do at Unity.

There is an old army saying Im fond of and I think it applies here: The troops are only as good or disciplined as their commanding officer is.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 04:23.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 02:42 InBlack

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:52:
Minimum 680GTX? Wha...?

So either your engine is a terrifying piece of shit, or you're just putting up ridiculous requirements to hopefully stop it from running like a terrible piece of shit.

Yeah WTF? the 680GTX is a damn solid card. A "flagship" card when it was first released. This is crazy, just crazy weird. I guess they want to make sure they can just straight up port the game and screw the optimizations or the PC pirates.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off
13. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 23, 2014, 02:30 InBlack

Baristan wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 19:28:
It sounds like the DEV is making true on his threat to abandon production of the game due to "trolling" on metacritic.

(reddit)

quote from the dev taken from rockpapershotgun.com

“Pilots.

There’s quite a picturesque scene on our page at metacritic.com. Most of the comments left by players (there’s no proof that they actually played the game thou) are blankly negative. These people have a direct, vivid and purposeful intention to finish the very existence of IL-2 brand. They want this remarkable and world-renown flight sim franchise to die. I’ve discussed the situation with Loft earlier today. So, if the user opinion shown by metacritic is what the community believes in, then we, as he says, will need to close the project this December. If their attitude prevails, if haters win and dominate over those who love IL-2 Sturmovik then the game is over – it’s out of the shelves, out of hard drives, out of memory.

If you want to shut down the series then just leave the situation as it is now, and let a bunch of trolls and haters finish it.

You want the game to live, to develop and to turn into the best WWII combat flight sim over time? You love it? Then speak it out. Tell you virtual and real friends, tell the new younger pilots, tell it to the group of 30 men who is not on the forum and whose days and nights are devoted to creating IL-2 for you.”

A dev pisses off a few players, censors critiques on their forums. The censored players spam metacritic with bad reviews, Dev threatens to quit production. A week later another early access game is released before it is complete. All paying customers are left without the game they were promised. Continuing the tradition of IL-2.

Can't believe a grownup person wrote that. That is really, really chidishly fucked up.

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
15. Re: ArcheAge Oct 23, 2014, 02:20 InBlack

So say you sold a nice item for ingame gold. Suddenly now a few months later that gold dissapears. Lemme guess, you are screwed??  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 13:04 InBlack

What Verno said. Definitely not for everyone, but I rank Banks damn near close the the Big Three. He passed away last year at 59, damn shame, only the good die young...  

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
8. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 12:54 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 10:55:
InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 10:36:
How many of these recent space games have been released? Are out of alpha/beta? Or are not complete fuckups??
It is not that there have been so many released, but so many are coming out! It looks like everyone and their dog is working on space themed games these days.
I am not complaining just saying.

Same. I just wanted to point out that we shouldnt get too excited yet. Starpoint Gemini 2 is out, and Elite is going to rule when its released (hopefully) but we are hardly in a place where we can claim that the space combat games are as ubiquous as the current crop of AAA titles are.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 11:45 InBlack

Ok thanks for the quick writeup guys. Will be checking him out most def...  

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
5. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 10:36 InBlack

How many of these recent space games have been released? Are out of alpha/beta? Or are not complete fuckups??  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

I never read any of Peter Hamilton's books. How do they compare to say, Ian M. Banks?  

5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 22, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

Wildone wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 09:52:
Another IL2 Debacle. Pass.

It's hardly a debacle. Compared to IL2: Cliffs of Dover, this game is in another galaxy at release. Still with that being said, there is a fair amount of douchebaggery going on behind the scenes. Hopefuly the rumours end up being false, but if they turn out to be true Im sure that the community will fix it up just like they did with Il2:CoD.

2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 22, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 09:44:
Remember, this is a dev that flat out banned people reporting bugs and issues and deleted those posts so that people couldn't see them.

There is a giant topic about this on Steam, where 777 (the devs) are also censoring left and right. Kinda scummy behavior, even if the game seems ok

But .. 90€ for premium and 60€ for standard... in what lala land do these people live?

Really? Seems kind of steep. Just checked on the website, you can pay in dollars there, so 60$ is better than 60 Eur I guess. I thought those were just the pre-purchase prices anyway and that the price would go down once the game was released. Damn.

Nearly bought into the beta but exciting things are happening over at ED with DCS World at the moment, so will maybe come back to this if DCS World 2.0 ends up being a bust.

Also heard some grumblings about the game being DOA, as in supposedly it wont be getting much in the way of support once its released.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 22, 2014, 08:04 InBlack

Im not really sure that 'testosterone fueled' and 'computer programming' go hand in hand but, then again most of us got into computers not because we wanted to find out how the magic box worked (that came later) but because of games. Games (especially competitive games) on the other hand have plenty to do with 'testosterone fuel'...so there is a glimmer of truth there I guess.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
36. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 22, 2014, 06:34 InBlack

Nothing being said? I disagree. Whats being said is this: here is this game about killing and yes murderous senseless killing. To me thats a pretty powerful statement by itself. Its disturbing to many, but then again maybe that is the whole point.

A game like Call of Duty for example, where you fight 'terrorists' is much more dangerous in my opinion. It teaches young people that killing is good as long as it's 'Justified'. More than that, there is an element of propaganda in there that paints the world in a certain way. Ask your war veterans what they think about the war on terrorism. I think many will surprise you with their answer.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 22, 2014, 05:33 InBlack

Prez wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 04:19:
Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 02:50:
...It's ok to acknowledge that woman and men are different. I don't really understand why there is a slant to explain away a gender's characteristics as a fault of media or some other influence rather than just a predisposition possessed by that gender.

EXACTLY. Thank you. While everyone is trying to pinpoint complex reasons for why there are fewer women coders than men, the obvious just seems to elude them.

Its a matter of upbringing and social circumstances, while there may be evolutionary behavioral differences between the sexes I believe that these are negligible when we are talking about professional or hobby interests. We live in a patriarchal society which has been mostly unchanged for the last few thousands of years or so. (at least in western society that is) Traiditionaly the male has always been seen as a provider and protector and the female as a nurturer or caretaker. Its only in the last half century or so that these differences are gradually being broken down as a result of societal change, which has recently been very rapid. Whether this is good or bad remains to be seen but change is always something that is feared by the masses.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 22, 2014, 04:15 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 02:57:
InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 02:31:
Because its so attractive and natural for a prince to act like a helpless maid in distress? I dont get it. Do we really need to completely disregard traditional gender roles? I mean we did evolve genders and our respective behaviour regarding them for a reason after all.

There are hundreds of games out there where princes rescue princesses. Certainly we can tolerate one game that turns that on its head.

I agree 100%. I can tolerate a game without 'getting it' can I? Is it a game that subverts traditional gender roles on purpose? If so then for what purpose? Is it an attempt to cash in on the 'tropes vs women' popularity??

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 22, 2014, 02:31 InBlack

Because its so attractive and natural for a prince to act like a helpless maid in distress? I dont get it. Do we really need to completely disregard traditional gender roles? I mean we did evolve genders and our respective behaviour regarding them for a reason after all.  

News Comments > Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC
8. Re: Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Oct 22, 2014, 02:18 InBlack

The game has grown on me the more Ive played it. I might even finish it now heh. I like that you can specialize. The Nemesis system is fairly gimmicky, Im thinking there is something missing there but its fun to just run around slaughtering Orcs in their hundreds.  

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
12. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:54 InBlack

*disclaimer

Im definitely NOT a Metallica purist. I.E. I consider ALL of their albums great up to and including Reload. Different, yes. Still great though. The utter abortion of St. Anger and the abominable frankensteinian monster of Death Magnetic were shit. Utter shit.

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
9. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:43 InBlack

Hyatus wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 12:39:
Kill 'em All and be done with it.

I hear ya. Metallica turned to complete shit after they gave Jason 'the ultimatum'. Nothing against Trujilo, he is a great bass player and its not his fault but Metallica turned into crybaby pussies who have somehow managed to lose the muse so completely its fucking ridiculous. Last time I watched them they sucked donkey balls. I dont think they even practice anymore.

7794 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo