Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9005 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
9. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 7, 2015, 10:53 InBlack

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 10:16:
Is it like STO where you can get special items and ships if you pay but you can still do okay in fights (and even win) if you have skill and do some grinding / missions?

Or is it truly $ = you win button?

I mean, they're giving the game away free so money has to come in somehow.

I don't mind paying if it's not a fortune to get something decent.

It's like World of Tanks, where the tanks are replaced by Mechs. Thats about it. Oh and it's a little bit less grindy. As for P2W, I dunno about that, I guess I got bored with the game and left before they introduced all that shit. (Got tired of the empty promises and missed deadlines)

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 7, 2015, 09:59 InBlack

Still the same old WOT gameplay. Still Im tempted to download it and give it a whirl just to check out the graphics under GTX970...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
111. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 07:53 InBlack

Just read that complaint. KUDOS to the guy, and I hope that something comes out of it. Im saddened by the fact that so many have chosen to 'believe' instead of using some common sense and their better judgement. I also hold what passes for mainstream gaming press complicit in Chris Robert's circus routine, they went along right with it and have been towing the line ever since, once again proving that in the gaming business the media is never on the lookout for the best interest of of the gamer. I have not read a single article by any member of the so called 'gaming press' warning people about the myriad of issues that have been rearing their ugly head ever since the kickstarter ended and RSI started their own private crowdfunding scheme.  

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
27. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 7, 2015, 03:23 InBlack

As long as Microsoft keeps pushing the DirectX API, and the developers keep using it, nothing will be able to match it. Sorry, guys, OpenGL is cool and everything but it is open source, but you can't compete against a stacked deck.  

105. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 03:10 InBlack

dsmart wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 19:04:
I broke this news over the holiday weekend with my massive article. Before that, neither the media, nor the backers, had any clue someone this critical was gone. They all started scrambling today and acting like they "broke" the news. In fact, here is the Blues article on it

Yeah, you're welcome.

Dude, where were you two years ago when myself and a few others were saying the very same thing after the original KS started balooning with totally unrealistic goals??

As for the other people on this board who quote walls of text from RSI websites: Just stop. Quoting RSI (or Chris Roberts) as some kind of gospel is basically the same as quoting the Bible. It's only true for the believers, and only after they die. You are welcome.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2015, 03:41.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office
17. Re: Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office Jul 7, 2015, 02:43 InBlack

Kosumo wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 18:05:
3D Realms will be loving this - "Thank God that people have stopped using Duke Nukem Forever as a saying for bad game management"

Lol I was just thinking the same thing. Well at least the poor engineers from Crytek have a job, for a while at least.

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
18. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 7, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:43:
harlock wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 19:05:
im just trying to imagine how utterly fucking super awesome Cyberpunk 2077 will be... shit is going to CRUSH it

With how much I've enjoyed Witcher 1, 2 and now 3. I'll probably do what I never do and Pre-order this when I can. These guys have been delivering.

I'm currently 90 hours into this game and I don't think I'm even half done.

Ive not been a fan of the Witcher series. However W3 is something else entirely, it's like someone at CDPR read my mind and designed a Witcher game how I imagined one should play. Definitely my GOTY, actually thats an understatement, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a single player game this much. Im very close to the end now, but I can't bring myself to finish it. I just don't want it to end I guess. One of the problems a game like the Witcher has is replayability. I know you can choose to finish quests differently etc. but you are still playing as Geralt. Still, great game, fantastic game actually. Puts to shame the western AAA studios out there. Take note Bethsoft, Bioware, Blizzard. This is how its done...

44. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 13:10 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 13:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:35:
SQ42 contains first person elements, but not full on FPS combat as I heard it.. but could be wrong.

Yep, you're wrong. They are now planning to implement full fledged FPS missions into Squadron 42. It is going to be a mix of space game and FPS.

Maybe it's more first person roleplay elements? That was definitely on the table during the KS. Walking around the hangar, chatting with crew and stuff..is all FPS too.

First person gameplay IS NOT THE SAME as first person SHOOTER which the 'S' in FPS stands for. Sheesh. Yes. First person gameplay (walking around the carrier ship, interacting with crew etc.) was always on the table but first person SHOOTER (in Squadron 42) has not been a part of the Kickstarter deal. Ever.

Not according to Zor. And Zor only speaks the truth.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 10:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:32:
And a lot of my British mates really into football love woman's soccer. They say it's a way faster and cleaner game than the mens. None of that nonsense rolling around on the ground trying to draw a penalty, they just bounce back up and get back into it.

It may be faster, but no way is it cleaner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd1bxM3uP5A

15. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 10:54 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:15:
All I care about is Squadron 42.. and once that releases the game can die, because modders can take over so whatever...

Which part of Squadron42 do you mean? Part1, Part2 or Part3? Since it's supposed to be coming in an episodic format (if at all) what guarantee do any of us have that it will ever be released to completion? I mean since episodic games have such a long and historic record of success that is...

2. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 09:42 InBlack

What I want to know is did he leave of his own accord, or did he get fired?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 07:40 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 07:35:
InBlack wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 02:34:
Holy shit Tom The Cruise is splitting from Scientology? How is that not headline news?! How?!!

Their source is a tabloid. Believe it when it actually happens.

I was being sarcastic. But thanks for the heads-up anyway

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Holy shit Tom The Cruise is splitting from Scientology? How is that not headline news?! How?!!  

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
47. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 6, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

ViRGE wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 17:01:
InBlack wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 11:14:
This. Also, why would anyone consider DX12 exclusivity to be anything but a bait job to lure 'gamers' into upgrading and how is that exactly a good thing?
DX12 goes hand-in-hand with WDDM 2.0. And WDDM 2.0 is the biggest overhaul of the underlying Windows graphics layer since WDDM 1.0 and Vista in 2006. Everything from memory management to task pre-emption is being touched and improved. These aren't changes that can be backported to older versions of Windows.

Rofl Vista and DX10....

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

Yep. Also it's not like this is new or anything. The EU passed a similar law about a year ago. Read the damn article  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 6, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 21:18:
Flatline wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 19:47:
harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 18:19:
i dunno.. i kinda enjoy watching Apple morph into Dell in slow motion

in a logical future, where people have to know a basic amount of coding just to get around (like how people today need to have a basic amount of automobile piloting skills), the only thing rising to the top is Linux, especially with its ability to mutate into endless forms

however, a logical future is not necessarily what will happen

Bad comparison because drivers are moving away from stick and know less and less how to actually *fix* the guts of their car, which is what coding would be analogous to.

I have male friends who have no f*cking clue how to change a tire.

That's your iPhone generation right there.

no its a good comparison because im not talking about FIXING a car, im talking about DRIVING a car

and yes, I consider coding analogous to DRIVING in the logical future I am imagining... in other words, a kind of navigation and general getting around, not a repair of broken shit

but you're right about the current prognosis based on current events... it doesnt look like the future will flow in a logical direction, but more and more into the terminal kaleidoscope of self-destruction

humanity had their chance and they are about to blow it - it wont be long now until the shit really hits the fan

Nope, still a pretty bad comparison. It's like 'driving' the internet today. You don't do it directly, google does it for you. Once we get true AI, Im guessing it will be a much better software writer than any human intelligence now, there will be no more need for true coders or programmers. People will still need to deal with and solve logical problems, but AI will actually help them write the actual applications or code to do so.

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:23 InBlack

Yo welcome back dsmart I guess the chanting worked. Gotta say I liked what you had to say about Star Citizen, it's spot on, even though I had to skip through the self-congratulatory ego stroking parts.
It's not gonna convince the fanboys though, but it might prevent others from throwing money at RSI.

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
40. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 11:14 InBlack

descender wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:02:

Real-world application performance difference between the operating systems is virtually non-existent. There's nothing really "wrong" with it at this point once you get 8.1 and classic shell, and there is no reason you would choose 7 over 8 for a new computer today... but there is basically nothing compelling or forcing an upgrade over 7 for existing machines.

This. Also, why would anyone consider DX12 exclusivity to be anything but a bait job to lure 'gamers' into upgrading and how is that exactly a good thing?

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:37 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:20:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:16:
For once I agree with Derek (As far as the snippet posted here on blues below the headline).
He isnt right. People are not buying something. They are donating.

Read the damn article.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 12:09 InBlack

Well this sucks. Bigtime.  

9005 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo