Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
30. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 05:35 InBlack

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 04:11:
InBlack wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 02:24:
Well Im not one of those numbers. I was all set to re-install Steam over the weekend and try Total War Arena, but I got an urge to fly instead and spent most of my PC time with DCS.

"Re-install" Steam? How do you not keep it installed when 90% of modern games require Steam? Unless you skip AAA releases entirely.

Well the last AAA game I bought was the Witcher 3, and I got that on GOG. Not playing anything currently I own on Steam, and yeah you are right the last few AAA releases were not really interesting or good enough to intrigue me at all. Perhaps Ill be back for Fallout4 if it turns out to be more along the lines of New Vegas.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2015, 02:40 InBlack

Gunnar-Mon...rofl!  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
11. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 2, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

and the vending machines which really brings things to life

Prominent among the new and shiny things in Star Citizen. Once again, no news about SQ42.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
12. Re: Sunday Screenshots Nov 2, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Carne de Mutaracha

Ive decided to wait and see with this, but now that I've seen the spanish edition Im tempted to buy it for the translation lulz alone...

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
27. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

Well Im not one of those numbers. I was all set to re-install Steam over the weekend and try Total War Arena, but I got an urge to fly instead and spent most of my PC time with DCS.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 10:45 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:14:
InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:13:
Youtube has started to embed ads in its videos now. I don't think adblock can get around those, can it?

Send me a link (example) - I watched a bunch of stuff last night and saw no ads.

You've got Adblock right? That probably only means that adblock is doing what I'm thinking it can't. I probably need to install adblock on my home PC, but Im so careful about where I surf and want to support the sites I do visit that I can't really be bothered.

I was listening to a best of RATM album on youtube yesterday, and every two or three songs a video would come up with an ad (in my own language no less, it's taylored to IP) which would be skippable after 7 seconds.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 10:13 InBlack

Youtube has started to embed ads in its videos now. I don't think adblock can get around those, can it?  

4. Re: Gary Oldman, Star Citizen. Oct 30, 2015, 10:07 InBlack

Im at work now, and can't stop laughing at that Virtual Gary Oldman gallery, holy shit....people at work are looking at me very strangely....Hahahhaha  

News Comments > Total War ARENA in NA Next Month
1. Re: Total War ARENA in NA Next Month Oct 30, 2015, 10:02 InBlack

Where did this come from? I had no idea this was even in the works. What? Game is already on in Europe? Need to take a look at this...  

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
4. Re: All Starsiege and TRIBES Games Free Oct 30, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 09:44:
Wow, how fucking cool is that?

Very. Now if I only could be bothered to install and play some. These games were awesome for their time, but I'm almost an old man now and these games have aged even more than I have

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
27. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 30, 2015, 09:11 InBlack

Peeeling wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 08:48:
Task wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 22:39:
Its an Alpha, maybe, just maybe some of you probably aren't ready for the open development model.

I beg to differ. This isn't a case of consumers witnessing an unfamiliar and inherently unpleasant process proceeding normally, like giving birth or making sausages. They are witnessing something being done in an inefficient, bad way.

Except what they are showing is hardly open development. Its marketing, virtually nothing is actually shown of any real progress but progress is meant to be 'inferred'. The progress reports we do get are so unabashedly positive, despite lacking in any real information, to be hardly worth the pixels they are made of. It's disgusting.

21. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 30, 2015, 04:46 InBlack

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 22:56:
Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 20:31:
I love how all these announcements are just so much incremental bullshit with absolutely nothing of substance being delivered. Classic long con. 'Oh yeah, everything's great! Could not be better! Say while we're talking here, we have some items that have come up for sale you may be interested in.'

"incremental bullshit". You're firmly in the clown car now.

How else would you call that news from the other day where they showed off a whole new fantastic 15 meter section of a FPS level (complete with doors that open and close), and the absolutely extremely important and critical gameplay element of the ships actually being able to explode into chunks now? Oh and this latest little news tidbit? They are getting set, to introduce the new flight models, notice they haven't introduced them yet, but they are preparing to. Any day now...

20. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 30, 2015, 04:43 InBlack

Tom wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 18:55:
It's a fucking space sim, shouldn't the flight model be one of the first things you get done?!?
Well, Elite: Dangerous went that route and look how that turned out. The flight model is critical to a space sim but so are a bunch of other things.

Wait, what?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 10:54 InBlack

Alamar wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:35:
InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:22:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:07:
Glad you're ok, Blue!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you that you had your first procedure?

You are not his telecom provider, you didn't make his OS. You are not Google, you are not the NSA, so you have no right to ask for that information! It's private!

Do those entities ask for that information?

Exactly! I guess the weird smiley face is not enough to indicate humor and/or sarcastic wit. Ill be sure to include the /joke next time /joke /sarcasm

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 10:22 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:07:
Glad you're ok, Blue!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you that you had your first procedure?

You are not his telecom provider, you didn't make his OS. You are not Google, you are not the NSA, so you have no right to ask for that information! It's private!

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
1. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 10:18 InBlack

Well this IP was rotting away at CCP so I guess this is good news. Maybe we get another Masquerade game again.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 29, 2015, 10:16 InBlack

And despite privacy safeguards, SAP is focused on selling its 365 product in North America and the Asia-Pacific region because it cannot get the data it needs from telcos representing consumers in the E.U., where data protections are stricter than in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Once the money starts rolling in though, how long before the E.U. succumbs to the wants and needs of our benevolent corporate overlords?

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
29. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 09:05 InBlack

Bub wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 06:46:
You have got to be kidding!

A walking and opening doors simulator!

What progress! What technological prowess!

I saw nothing you do not get now in Space Engineers.
A bunk, stairs, doors, walls, an airlock. Ho hum.

Seriously, at this point, I don't see how anyone even remotely familiar with this project isn't walking around with a permanently super glued facepalm.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 08:53 InBlack

Murder of Crows, heh, always loved that word used in this context.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 01:54:
How Dark Matter Killed the Dinosaurs.

Our proposal is that during the Sun’s passage through the midplane of the Milky Way—the stripe of stars and bright dust that you can observe in a clear night sky—the Solar System encountered a disk of dark matter that dislodged the distant object, thereby precipitating this cataclysmic impact—and possibly others on 30-35 million year intervals. We hypothesize that a less conventional type of dark matter collapsed into a dense disk (denser even than that of the Milky Way) and the disk’s gravitational influence diverts the trajectories of comets when the Solar System passes through.

There are still 1000s of NEOs out there that cross paths with Earth orbit. Every century or so, a large one strikes the earth, regardless if we're passing through a disk of dark matter or not. So maybe it was just a coincidence that 66M years ago, the earth happened to cross paths with a particularly large one that wiped out the dinosaurs. They didn't explain very well their rationale for why this disk exists and how it caused this catastrophe. I guess I'd have to read the whole book to understand their entire reasoning, but it just seems like given enough time odds were that a largish asteroid was going to strike the earth regardless of dark matter, and serendipitously that was 66M years ago.

There is a surprising regularity of large asteroids striking the earth every 30 million years or so. This is one theory of why that happens, and it sounds pretty far fetched. Another one popular in the Astronomy circles is related to the Sun's activity and it's relation to the Asteroid and the Kuiper belt.

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo