Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7226 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
4. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:52 InBlack

Hunting grounds? For what? NPC Pirates I assume?? Sounds much worse than it actually plays, I would hope.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
1. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:42 InBlack

Im at work so I only skimmed through the video (without sound) but I gotta say that looks fucking awesome.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
107. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 06:46 InBlack

Tom wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:24:
- Bumping into walls in space. Sorry, "simulation bounds". Lame and unnecessary. It's space! Not Need for Speed.

This is most worrying, because its an indication of engine limitations. Its still an alpha of course, and most of the other issuses are probably resolvable but as some have already stated choosing Cryengine might end up biting them in the ass at some point.

103. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 06:06 InBlack

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 04:30:
Tom wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:24:
Just spent an hour of actual flight time doing the Vanduul Swarm. Eh, it's ok. Has potential. Maybe more than I would've expected. As I played more and got a little better, it got better. Still, it's lightyears behind Elite: Dangerous.

Stuff that sucked about Arena Commander: [...]

What's the point of your rant? It doesn't help anybody, neither the developers (do you believe they check BluesNews for comments?), nor the gamers. You're testing alpha code of a part of an unfinished game! Quoting from the SC webpage:
Remember: V0.8 is just the beginning. It’s the start of a hard push for the development team as we head towards V0.9 and finally V1.0, at which point Arena Commander will be ‘feature complete’ with the modes, maps and options promised at PAX. By the time V1.0 drops, we aim for the entire community to have access to the multiplayer game modes!

What the fuck man? He wrote a very constructive post describing his experience with the game and comparing it to another game that is still in development. It doesnt help anybody unless he is supposed to be praising the glory of the Lord Christ Roberts and his Holy Flock or his opinion doesnt matter??? Im so sick of yes men...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 11:00 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:39:
Just a friendly warning.. wi-fi jammers are illegal. And we are not talking "slap on the wrist" illegal here.

I don't get the anti-hipster tards at all. If you don't like someone wearing glass in your close by proximity TALK TO THEM. What the fuck happened to talking to people? Is the world turning into assholes or what is it? Heck I'd talk to someone wearing google glass just to see how it works... people are just.. such jackasses lately. It's not like google glass makes you any less spied on. Complain about the NSA for fucks sake, not google.

Or complain about how Obama just restarts the cold war over an issue the US CAUSED ITSELF.

Why would I want to talk to a fucking Hipster??!!! What is wrong with you man!!!??

27. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:56 InBlack

Wall of text hurts my brain CJ. The module is out and there are no more delays, now where do I pledge some more??

/sorry couldnt help it

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:23 InBlack

Also 135$ for a poster of a fake (albeit cool) painting. I dunno, thats kind of expensive isnt it???  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

That editor's hint is more like wishful thinking on her part. Martin should finish the series in two more books. Anything else and the series gets too watered down. Many have mentioned him pulling a Jordan on us, and while that is a possibility Jordan's writing (and his series) took a huge fucking nosedive after book 3. This has not happened to Martin, yet. (Pleae note i dont equate PLOT to QUALITY)  

15. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:00 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:28:
nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:43:
I admit, I'm a little surprised.

aren't you a backer? i coulda sworn i saw you post as such. surely you aren't one of those morons that swear to high heaven that chris roberts is a scam artist.

Why so surprised? Is there no room in the universe for a backer, who also happens to be a skeptic with regards to how this mess of a project will turn out?

Has anyone tried this? (Spectralmeat Im looking at you) Im interested in impressions.

14. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 09:42 InBlack

Sleep wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:30:
InBlack wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:17:
Sleep wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:11:
Wheres that VR troll bloke? How does this fit into his whole 'ill chop off my own nuts if this isnt a scam' scenario? Will there be videos? I would take his word for it, but we all know how that works out.

Please dont post obvious bait like that. Thats even worse than trolling...

Worse than trolling. Yeah right. And clearly, anyone is able to post anything. If you think he (presumably) is not going to post in a SC thread in any event, well you havent been following these very closely.

Why would you think I was refering to VG reagle specifically??

8. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 09:17 InBlack

Sleep wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:11:
Wheres that VR troll bloke? How does this fit into his whole 'ill chop off my own nuts if this isnt a scam' scenario? Will there be videos? I would take his word for it, but we all know how that works out.

Please dont post obvious bait like that. Thats even worse than trolling...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Anti-Cheat Improvements
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Anti-Cheat Improvements Jun 4, 2014, 09:08 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:51:
Anti-Cheat

Overall anti-cheat improvements.

lies

How about going back and adding it to all previous titles?

Oh you didnt get the memo did you? Previous Call of Duty games blink out of existence the minute a new one is released. Its instantaneous and erases all traces of their existence from the collective memories of the developers and publisher. This also has an added benefit in that no one notices how each new version has less features and is somehow even shittier than the last one.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:04 InBlack

Those reactions were hilarious, also you can tell pretty soon who read the books and who only watched the show...:)  

4. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 08:51 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:43:
I admit, I'm a little surprised.

Yep same here. Pleasantly surprised, I might add.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2014, 03:48 InBlack

Actually a tablet is ideal to play turn based strategy games. There are at least two games I would like to own an IPAD for. XCOM and Hearthstone. Sadly just those two games (one of which I have finished) are hardly justfication enough to buy such an expensive toy.  

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
1. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 10:58 InBlack

Im going to be checking this out. XCOM was great and all, but a lot of the things that made the original great were sorely missing...  

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
6. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:31:
InBlack wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:23:
Sounds like an interesting concept. The first time Ive seen one from Crytek! This part bothers me though, games-as-a-service. Sounds like a nice way of saying they are trying out new ways of price gouging their customers...as if 5 hour campaigns for 60$ games wasnt humiliating enough....

It's only humiliating if we actually buy 5 hour campaigns for $60. Being burned so many times in the past has turned me into a very skeptical gamer.

Actually humiliating for Crytek, thats what I meant. But yeah, your interpretation works too

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 09:31 InBlack

As epic as the fight was, what came before the fight was even better. In fact this is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far, with some of the best scenes and performances of all involved...
*semi spoiler below*
I couldnt help but feel sorry for Ser Jorah, a decent guy who has made some questionable decisions in his life and unlike most everyone else in the series always ends up paying for them bigtime...

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 09:54.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
1. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Sounds like an interesting concept. The first time Ive seen one from Crytek! This part bothers me though, games-as-a-service. Sounds like a nice way of saying they are trying out new ways of price gouging their customers...as if 5 hour campaigns for 60$ games wasnt humiliating enough....  

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
40. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 05:52 InBlack

If I wanted to play an MMO with a subscription fee today, I would probably go back to Age of Conan. I dont think any other MMORPG comes close at this point. (At this point, not at launch)  

7226 Comments. 362 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo