Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8293 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 17, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

Of those that jdreyer mentioned, Sherlock is probabaly the best. Really good take on the classic genius detective, I was skeptical going in (as the subject has been done to death) but now I can't wait for the 4th season...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 10:59 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 10:28:
InBlack wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 09:33:
Game length should not be something anyone should base their decision to buy or not.

I agree but the price should reflect in many cases.

Indeed. Blood Dragon was a fairly short single player game that was tons of fun. It was also 20$ if I remember correctly.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 10:05 InBlack

Quotes always work best out of context, don't they?  

News Comments > Reload Released
15. Re: Reload Released Feb 16, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 01:48:
Glad there's finally a non-violent game where you can peacefully use a firearm to destroy targets which would never represent people. Have to keep the homestead safe from stationary paper targets and clay pigeons flying away at speed.

Yeah because playing video games is going to make you super profficient with guns and turn you into a militia man capable of protecting your home from evildoers and governments alike!

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

Holy crap I just read that article! About half of that 5 hour playthrough is apparently unskippable cutscenes. I don't care how much 'fun' you cram into a 2.5 hour game, it sure as hell isn't worth 60$....  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 09:33 InBlack

Game length should not be something anyone should base their decision to buy or not. Is the game fun is the better question to ask. Games can still be short and shit, but they can also be long and tedious. With that said I like long sprawling games, but then again I never even finish half of them.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2015, 09:26 InBlack

When are they going to make a film about George Washington? I saw a pretty good film about Jefferson (I believe it was him) with Nick Nolte (Nick Nolte!) a while back.

I wonder what Washington would have made of all the presidents that came after him. With a few exceptions, not much I think.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Feb 16, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

Who the fuck buys these Football managers year after year after year? I played a few back in the 90's. I like football (soccer) as much as the next guy but these things are as boring as fuck. (Also there are far better, FREE online multiplayer football managers).  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
17. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 16, 2015, 09:20 InBlack

descender wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 09:11:
InBlack, your concern for the well-being of the Chinese bot-farmers warms the cockles of my heart.

Good for you. I wasn't really thinking about them though, I was more concerned with how cool it would be if I could share and trade items with my friends and make new friends online. You know, like how it's currently with D3 on the consoles, and how it was in Diablo2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 07:28 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 06:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 03:50:
Well, you guys go right ahead and preorder that piece of console garbage but remember that what you reap is what you sow. By preordering shit games like GTA V you are voiding your right to ever complain about the state of PC gaming or poor console ports again.
You are actively encouraging Rockstar'n'Take2 to fuck over PC gamers once more come the next opportunity. If that is what you want, sure, preorder two copies to make sure you get fucked even harder. Or three if you really want to get your brains (well, or the sad bits that are left of it anyway) fucked out for good.

To the tard who said GTA V is "only" a year late: Try 18 months. It was first released September 2013. Facts, man. Facts. Get 'em straight and shit if you wanna troll back.

Welp. I hope that sped up y'allz slow Sundays a little and to everyone who skipped their weird religion's Sunday church classes I'd say you've come to the right place to make up for it. It doesn't get any better than receiving a lesson for life by yours truly, does it now?. So. Just remember this: Supporting corps who treat you like shit is shit, mkay?

/kthxpeaceout

You will probably wanna kill yourself when GTAV is released and it turns out to be a perfectly optimized port. And not just a bullet in the head. You'd feel so horribly stupid you'd want to take a cyanide pill while someone rips your dick off.

Wow. Don't feed the trolls. Lol. Besides, I don't see him risking his dick by NOT pre-ordering. If the game turns out great, he can just buy the game then. I am always against pre-ordering as a rule, but since this is a year old port and has been greatly recieved on the consoles AND is getting a significant PC face-lift there isn't much risk here.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
15. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 16, 2015, 04:03 InBlack

No BOA or GTFO.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2015, 03:49 InBlack

Hobeaux wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 14:33:
Barbra Streisand is in full effect.

I watched the WoT pilot episode—truly awful; I wouldn't even have known of its existence if Harriet hadn't made it known by putting out the press release stating how offended she was by it.

That travesty shouldn't have been made, and the public shouldn't have been made aware once done; there was a reason it was aired in the wee hours of the morning.

Well to be fair, the WOT series turned into a piece of shit by about book 4. The first three were pretty great, but by book 6 or 7, after 3 or four IDENTICAL endings with the Dark One's clones, servants, CLONE BABY! Etc. etc. I wanted to burn Jordan's books....Truly it turned into drivel of the worst kind. About the only interesting plot after book three involved the Seanchan, all the rest was just recycled garbage filler and uninteresting characters whose names I could barely remember and Rand al Thor feeling sorry for himself and doing repeats of endings book, after book, after book....

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta
28. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta Feb 16, 2015, 02:45 InBlack

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 16:43:
The game is very dependent on VRAM. If your GPU is less than 4GB you're gonna have a bad time.

760 GTX 4GB version, so Im good there (I hope). Still, I will be waiting for release since Im guessing a good deal of polish should/will be added to the game (including performance improvments).

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta
21. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta Feb 15, 2015, 10:39 InBlack

Oh wow. Never realized this was in the works. Carmageddon was crazy fun back in the day. Will be following closely.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

Oh my.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
2. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

Vulkan wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 09:49:
It's like someone clobbered me over the head with a potato sack full of buzzwords.

Heh. Mass Effect 4...please no more.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 09:56 InBlack

I know that these preproduced trailers tell us dick-all about the actual game, but that was fucking awesome!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

Nice post. Somebody on the Blizz forunms actually cares about BOA and how anti-Diablo it is? I think I just saw some pigs fly...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
98. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 09:35 InBlack

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 07:17:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 06:53:
Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 06:12:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 02:36:
Why the fuck is this thread 90+ posts long?

1. Scientific Method

2. Hippocratic Oath

If you are still an anti-vaxxer after looking up the meaning of those two terms, then you are a close minded dumbass and I don't want to have anything to do with you.

Glad I didn't have time to respond earlier.

Your comment is just the same drivel that the media spins. I'll remain against these childhood vaccines until they are deemed safe. Meaning they don't cause any developmental issues in children after receiving their rounds.

And after reading some of the comments in this thread, I really am sad for some of you. Until you've had to take care of someone who has been harmed by vaccines you'll change your tune REAL QUICK as to how many are worth being harmed for the greater good. Shameful.

No I wouldnt. The same way I wouldn't blame a surgeon for attempting to save my child's life on the operating table and failing. Could you elaborate on how this person you cared for was harmed by vaccines?

Every medication has side-effects and many can be deadly in very rare circumstances, I feel sorry for you I do. But tomorrow I might take a perscription medicine for a simple ailment and maybe suffer horrible side effects. Does that make the medicine null and void? No it doesnt. And if you can't understand why it doesn't then there is no discussion to be had here.

Your argument doesn't make sense since the the topic is basically vaccine safety, not the effectiveness of OTC meds.

To your question, I was a house manager at a facility called Michael Dunn and the guys that I was responsible for had a wide range as to their mental handicap. Prior to that, I was in the child program to ensure the development and care of 15 children in a 30 child class. Between those two groups, half were there because of adverse reactions to vaccines. Some were autistic, others basically were lumps, and a small handful exuded tourette syndrome effects with a touch of autism.

That was just my group, but when you looked into their files is where you found a similar pattern. Family had no known family history of mental illness, child was developing normally, and after the second round of immunizations something changed, then it was like a lightbulb was slowly dying. That's the only way I can explain it.

So that's that for what it's worth. And to be clear, I'm not antiscience as that seems to be the new name calling. If a vaccine came out and was deemed safe then I'd be all for it. Even myself was harmed by vaccines as a kid, so to me that makes me even more gun shy for my child.

You do realize that there is ZERO evidence that links Autism and other mental disorders to Vaccines. The MD and researcher who originally put forth the thesis, FAKED his research. I thought your child had some adverse effects, not someone who bought into the whole AUTIMS conspiracy bullshit....Christ....One guy fakes his research, and spawns a LEGION of vaccine deniers. ONE guy. A whole ARMY of scientists proves him wrong, he gets his MD license taken away and ends up in jail, yet no one takes notice.

You sir, and your ilk are definitely antiscience. Shameful.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
96. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 06:53 InBlack

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 06:12:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 02:36:
Why the fuck is this thread 90+ posts long?

1. Scientific Method

2. Hippocratic Oath

If you are still an anti-vaxxer after looking up the meaning of those two terms, then you are a close minded dumbass and I don't want to have anything to do with you.

Glad I didn't have time to respond earlier.

Your comment is just the same drivel that the media spins. I'll remain against these childhood vaccines until they are deemed safe. Meaning they don't cause any developmental issues in children after receiving their rounds.

And after reading some of the comments in this thread, I really am sad for some of you. Until you've had to take care of someone who has been harmed by vaccines you'll change your tune REAL QUICK as to how many are worth being harmed for the greater good. Shameful.

No I wouldnt. The same way I wouldn't blame a surgeon for attempting to save my child's life on the operating table and failing. Could you elaborate on how this person you cared for was harmed by vaccines?

Every medication has side-effects and many can be deadly in very rare circumstances, I feel sorry for you I do. But tomorrow I might take a perscription medicine for a simple ailment and maybe suffer horrible side effects. Does that make the medicine null and void? No it doesnt. And if you can't understand why it doesn't then there is no discussion to be had here.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 06:59.

8293 Comments. 415 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo