Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7788 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 27, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 19:33:
By the time we wake up and realize that google is doing evil shit they'll have amassed an army of robots to take care of any dissent.

Thats a damn fine article. I dont agree with everything Assange writes but his mind is as sharp as a razor blade. Google becoming 'de facto' the internet, is worrying.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
25. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 27, 2014, 03:19 InBlack

So this might be a bit off topic, but what is the game like? Is it any good?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 08:31 InBlack

jomisab wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 08:10:
But on a more serious note, while the speed of the 680 is decent, having only 2GB VRAM is becoming a serious handicap.

Are you gaming at 2560x1440 or 4k perhaps? Unless you are running one of these resoltions or are a fan or downsmpling there is no need to have more than 2G VRAM. I got a 4GB gfx card and its serious overkill for my 1080p monitor. Maybe at some point I will get a better/bigger monitor and be thankful for the ram, but by that point Ill probably need to buy another card anyway.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 24, 2014, 08:24 InBlack

Bots gonna be bottin, haters gonna be hatin...  

12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 24, 2014, 07:04 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 06:48:
InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 02:51:
I don't get it. What's wrong with chess?

Maybe that any decent AI can totally pwn you at chess nowadays? that it has moves that will always lead to a draw and that the CPU can always 100% win?

chess is broken

There is always multiplayer

News Comments > Evening Interviews
18. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 06:47 InBlack

NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 06:19:
InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 06:09:
You are both missing the point. The point is responsibility. A CEO sets policy and strategy. He doesnt as you say get involved in the 'fine details' of the day to day business but he is the one who dictates what the company should focus on and how, and ultimatively this work ethic is filtered down through the ranks.

Okay. So what's the point we're missing? I don't debate that the CEO takes responsibility for the general direction of a company. In fact I said as much.

He claims because Riccitiello had what he considers a consumer-unfriendly strategy for running EA, that somehow he's going to try crowbarring a completely incompatible business strategy into a very different company. I claim that because he's run diverse companies in the past, there's not much reason to suspect he can't continue to do so in the future.

Am I wrong? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at exactly.

Its not about whether he can run a company, but how he runs one. You are right, there is no way he would implement the same exact same strategies from EA in this case, but is it really foolish to assume that at least some of the 'streamlining' that he is credited for at EA wont be carried over to this new company at a detriment to their customers and ultimately us gamers? (Although it might be benficial to Unity Technologies' bottom line in the short term) In no way am I saying that this is a given, he might be the best thing to happen to Unity since sliced bread but given his track record at EA I dont think its surprising that gamers are sceptical at this point.

16. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 06:09 InBlack

You are both missing the point. The point is responsibility. A CEO sets policy and strategy. He doesnt as you say get involved in the 'fine details' of the day to day business but he is the one who dictates what the company should focus on and how, and ultimatively this work ethic is filtered down through the ranks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2014, 04:42 InBlack

Good thing I held off on these drivers! Also have a 760GTX.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
68. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 04:29 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:12:
But for the first time maybe in my life, on that Saturday afternoon, I walked towards that pair of gamers and I didn’t smile. I didn’t say hello. In fact, I crossed the street so I wouldn’t walk by them. Because after all the years of gamer love and inclusiveness, something had changed in me. A small voice of doubt in my brain now suspected that those guys and I might not be comrades after all. That they might not greet me with reflected friendliness, but contempt.

dang, good thing she didn't smile and say hello, they might have smiled and said hello back.

keep living in your little bubble of fear girl

Read the article dude. She actually admits at the end that was the wrong thing to do. This is actually a personal op-ed piece that advocates common sense in this whole mess. Bravo Felicia!

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 04:38.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
17. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 24, 2014, 04:19 InBlack

Prez wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 03:33:
I will always fondly remember Operation Flashpoint as the game that introduced me to real modern warfare, AND as the most tense singleplayer experience I ever had. That mission when you are alone sneaking through the woods behind enemy lines had me literally sweating it was so intense. I rememeber it came out at the same time that Ghost Recon did, and while everyone was quick to call that one the superior game I jsut kept playing OpFlash. I've dabbled with the Arma games off and on since. I love the design - there still isn't anything else like the Arma games out there.

Yeah OpFlashpoint was pure epicness. There was nothing quite like it. It was clunky and buggy, but it was sure as hell worth it. I remember that mission quite well. I think I 'appropriated' a civilan tractor to get to where I was going for that one...

Im going to get ArmaIII at some point, just not sure when. Im mostly into hardcore sims nowdays anyway.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
42. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 04:15 InBlack

Prez wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 03:25:
InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 03:06:
I hate men and misandrists, almost as much as I hate women and misogynists.

Well at least you are consistent and fair.

Yeah I try to hate everyone equally.

40. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 03:06 InBlack

I hate men and misandrists, almost as much as I hate women and misogynists.  

39. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 02:58 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 11:32:
Good thing I lack empathy and don't care about this trumped up bullshit. Hrm, think I'll go have a slice of dolphin served between two puppies for lunch.

Hhahaha

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Oct 24, 2014, 02:54 InBlack

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 10:59:
Huh. Might actually pick this one up. Gonna wait a few weeks, as there are other games higher on my want list, and seeing how cheaty or not the game becomes will determine if I'm gonna play. I've mostly stepped away from competitive multiplayer because there's always someone out to ruin everyone else's good time, it seems.

Does the game have dedicated servers that can be privately run (and monitored)? This is the kind of game that is mostly cheater proof, sure a cheater will pop up every once in a while but a on a quality server an admin will kick and ban him in no time at all. Unfortunately since this is call of duty, lemme guess. Lobby Matchmaking??? Pass....

10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 24, 2014, 02:51 InBlack

I don't get it. What's wrong with chess?  

13. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 02:48 InBlack

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:46:
Honestly the negative attitudes about John Riccitiello largely come from gamers who know basically zero about business or what a CEO even does. Some game ends up sucking or having questionable design decisions, and somehow that's the CEOs fault. That might be true at some tiny ass developer, but at a large company the CEO is largely concerned with the big picture, not what map size is appropriate for fucking SimCity.

John probably saved EA as COO, and then later on as CEO he was really good for the company. He had a bad year at the end, but still. Unless the dude is bringing the entirety of EA management and development with him, the shortcomings of some EA titles are irrelevant to what he might do at Unity.

There is an old army saying Im fond of and I think it applies here: The troops are only as good or disciplined as their commanding officer is.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2014, 04:23.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 02:42 InBlack

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:52:
Minimum 680GTX? Wha...?

So either your engine is a terrifying piece of shit, or you're just putting up ridiculous requirements to hopefully stop it from running like a terrible piece of shit.

Yeah WTF? the 680GTX is a damn solid card. A "flagship" card when it was first released. This is crazy, just crazy weird. I guess they want to make sure they can just straight up port the game and screw the optimizations or the PC pirates.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off
13. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 23, 2014, 02:30 InBlack

Baristan wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 19:28:
It sounds like the DEV is making true on his threat to abandon production of the game due to "trolling" on metacritic.

(reddit)

quote from the dev taken from rockpapershotgun.com

“Pilots.

There’s quite a picturesque scene on our page at metacritic.com. Most of the comments left by players (there’s no proof that they actually played the game thou) are blankly negative. These people have a direct, vivid and purposeful intention to finish the very existence of IL-2 brand. They want this remarkable and world-renown flight sim franchise to die. I’ve discussed the situation with Loft earlier today. So, if the user opinion shown by metacritic is what the community believes in, then we, as he says, will need to close the project this December. If their attitude prevails, if haters win and dominate over those who love IL-2 Sturmovik then the game is over – it’s out of the shelves, out of hard drives, out of memory.

If you want to shut down the series then just leave the situation as it is now, and let a bunch of trolls and haters finish it.

You want the game to live, to develop and to turn into the best WWII combat flight sim over time? You love it? Then speak it out. Tell you virtual and real friends, tell the new younger pilots, tell it to the group of 30 men who is not on the forum and whose days and nights are devoted to creating IL-2 for you.”

A dev pisses off a few players, censors critiques on their forums. The censored players spam metacritic with bad reviews, Dev threatens to quit production. A week later another early access game is released before it is complete. All paying customers are left without the game they were promised. Continuing the tradition of IL-2.

Can't believe a grownup person wrote that. That is really, really chidishly fucked up.

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
15. Re: ArcheAge Oct 23, 2014, 02:20 InBlack

So say you sold a nice item for ingame gold. Suddenly now a few months later that gold dissapears. Lemme guess, you are screwed??  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 13:04 InBlack

What Verno said. Definitely not for everyone, but I rank Banks damn near close the the Big Three. He passed away last year at 59, damn shame, only the good die young...  

7788 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo