Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9005 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 8, 2015, 09:52 InBlack

wait what?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content Jul 8, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

How the mighty have fallen....  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailers
1. Re: Overwatch Trailers Jul 8, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Anyone here in the closed beta?  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP Jul 8, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

There is nothing secret about the MMR, its a simple points based system that takes into account your win/loss ratio. Nothing more, nothing less....unfortunately.

Im not playing at the moment, not sure if Ill go back to it at some point.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2015, 12:27.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
139. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 08:24 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 07:52:
InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 05:11:
Oh common, Tumbler is one of the biggest defenders of SC on this board and you know it.

I don't recall that...

Maybe you're thinking of this chump?

Oh yeah, hehe. Tumbler has at least lowered his expectations quite a bit in the interim, while theyarecomingforyou has simply doubledowned with the fanaticism.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 08:13 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 06:28:
3. Braben's game is a hollow shell. I don't know if SC will also be a hollow shell, but it seems like they're trying to flesh it out a bit before release. Also, don't forget that Braben fucked us all by getting rid of offline play, which CR is not. CR and Braben are taking different approaches, but I'm not sure that Braben's will be superior in the end.

Ever played the original Elite? The new Elite is basically a carbon copy, with prettier graphics. This is ALL that Braben promised, and he delivered. Big. Time. I too am a little bit let down by the 'big empty' of Elite, but at least he shipped a game, and one that the diehard fans of the original Elite wanted. I am not a diehard fan, far from it, but there is no way Im dissing the man for not living up to someone else's expectations. Braben shipped a game, what exactly did Chris Roberts ship??

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
26. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 08:08 InBlack

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 07:44:
Inblack, and anyone else with small amounts of playtime available:

There are a lot of things you can do with small amounts of time, but DO NOT join a pvp server. Every time you log in, you'll likely be dead and everything gone, except you retain your experience level. Also, capturing most dinos does take a little time, so if you only have an hour you likely won't have time to find, subdue, and train anything larger than a Dilo, or maybe a scorpion (they're rideable, we're not talking insect).

Yeah well, these kinds of games are precisely interesting and exciting because of the high risk and penalty of death. My biggest gripes with most MMOs are the no-penalty deaths. I just dont find them fun or interesting. Several hours to tame a large Dino. What does that look like? You stare at a progress bar or what? Is there gameplay involved, because arbitrary time sinks suck balls...

137. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 05:11 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 04:39:
InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 04:10:
Post 130. That's just one. There are a few others but I don't feel like going through the entire thread again.

There is no defense of Star Citizen in that post, just good ol' fashioned dsmart bashing.

Oh common, Tumbler is one of the biggest defenders of SC on this board and you know it. dsmart is an easy target, but at least he ships the games he wants to make, no matter how flawed they are.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 05:08 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 04:19:
I'm now officially the biggest hater of Star Citizen. Since I can't get my $960 back I'm just going to make it my mission to make all the backers miserable. I may have gone a tad overboard and told everyone on Reddit Star Citizen to go "fuck themselves" to the point where they actually think I'm Derek Smart.

I hope the game fails hard (yes I realize I will be out $960). But I want Chris' project to fail so that all this out of control crowdfunding and early access BULLSHIT will stop. It's a fucking failed model and needs to DIE now. I'm saying this as a $3,000 dollar fully invested in multiple projects insider.

The only project to actually be delivered is Elite Dangerous. David Braben said exactly what he would make, stuck with it and delivered. He never bloated to hell. Keep the focus on what he promised. A wonderful human being.

Chris Roberts on the other hand is a flimflam, snake oil sales person.

Well aren't you the rare flower? No disrespect meant, but it's refreshing to see someone so heavily invested in this 'project' keeping an open mind and actually seeing past CR's bullshit.

135. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 04:10 InBlack

Post 130. That's just one. There are a few others but I don't feel like going through the entire thread again.  

133. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 03:54 InBlack

Here is a little bit of an update. On a couple of other forums where I am active (which I won't be naming), where I posted the link to the complaint to the FTC, the admins had it removed within 24hours. I just posted the link under the relevant subforums, without engaging into any discussions. Star 'citizens' seem to be everywhere, and they appear to be in positions of some influence, this is being buried everywhere. Thank the stars (HA!) for Bluenews!  

132. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 03:24 InBlack

Loving it how all the fanboys are resorting to personal attacks against Derek, since the walls of text from the RSI forums are factually and practically bullshit. Not that he doesnt have it coming, but here is a bit of logic for you:

Defending Star Citizen's abysmal project management, and development by personal attacks against people online, big, small or douchy, wont make your game come along any faster, or even 'magically' better, or....wait, did I say game? What game? Starcitizen at this point is a Hangar, a DM arena module, and art concept ships (and has been for some time)

The writing is on the wall, you can choose to ignore it but that wont make it dissapear.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2015, 03:55.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 02:56 InBlack

Oh please you over-sensitive pansies. Give Blue a break. He was making light, and he didnt know. Are people who were born on 9/11 (in the US) or the 7/7 (in the UK) barred from celebrating their birthday for life on that date? There are horrible, tragic things happening in the world each second of each day, so quit your politicaly correct policing, go outside, have some fun and try to think happy thoughts.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: BBC Jul 8, 2015, 02:37 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 11:45:
The BBC isn't giving them to every 7 year old for free. The tax payers are paying for them.

Yeah, fuck those freeloader children! Argh! They should be put in coalmines and slave for a living, thats the only freedomloving, democracy inducing way! 'MURICA, FUCK YEAH!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
46. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 8, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Slick wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 02:08:
Krovven wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 18:49:
I haven't been following this that closely, so can someone answer something?

He said you get to name stuff and it's forever that way for everyone...does that mean for other players too? Like am I going to start seeing everything named after cock and balls as I go exploring?

yes. and dicks and hitler.

Actually that would be kind of cool...Childish but still cool.

News Comments > It Came From E3; Part Seven
3. Re: It Came From E3; Part Seven Jul 8, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Fallout4? Meh...definitely paid shill awards...  

News Comments > IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad Patch, Battle of Moscow Early Access
4. Re: IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad Patch, Battle of Moscow Early Access Jul 8, 2015, 02:30 InBlack

Task wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 22:23:
One day I hope team fusion gets their hands on this as well...

Doubtful. The game requires an always 'online' connection.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
21. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 02:28 InBlack

Sounds like the first survival game I would like to play. Problem is, Im old. I work. I have a girlfriend, a stepdaughter, a dog. I just feel like I don't have the time for MMOs, especially team based MMOs like this one, where its important to make friends online (or die). Is this a game I could play for half an hour, to an hour at a time? Cos it sounds like a huge fucking time investment, that I just dont have...:(  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 7, 2015, 17:22 InBlack

Xero wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 15:56:
When I hear arenas, I just think of Quake 3 Arena, lol.

Originally I hated it when compared to it's competition at the time, Unreal Tournament, but quickly it grew on me when I realized it was designed for super quick encounters at incredible high speed.

When your at the top of the frag board and your just running nonstop looking for your next quick kill, it becomes apparent what they did.

I enjoyed it.

Fast paced gameplay of the original Doom and Doom2 combined with a kick ass engine and graphics AND classic DM and dueling multiplayer? Fuck yeah!!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
35. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 17:20 InBlack

Color me uninterested. Elite held my interest for a while, but it got old really fast. Don't need another Elite: Lite, even if it features planetary landings, crafting etc.  

9005 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo