Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7384 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2014, 10:51 InBlack

Isnt the definition of a whistleblower someone who comes forward out of a moral obligation to reveal some secret to the general public?

As far as I can see from this case, no one has really come forward and the information about the new NSA security measuers seems to stem from the German security services, so Id say this isnt so much a whistleblower, more like double agent

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 10:46 InBlack

Too bad most of the jokes are downright shit. Ok some of them require a brain to figure out, Id much rather have a funny joke instead  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

Panickd wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:26:
...although there are certainly large numbers of players who would argue that they struggle to tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second.

Who are these mythical players? I would certainly concede that the difference between say 900p and 1080p is so small as to be completely negligible and inconsequential especially if you're not playing them side by side. And I would concede that most games are perfectly playable at 30 fps. But anyone who can't see the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps is just brain dead.

I wouldnt say they are brain dead. Id call them blind. Also, there is a vast difference between something running at a constant 30 FPS and something running at 30 FPS and dropping frames, or stuttering during heavy action etc.

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
2. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 10:26 InBlack

Are PvP deaths permanent?? Cos that would be kind of cool. Otherwise they can go fuck themselves.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2014, 10:24 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 09:58:
I'm afraid the only evidence that would satisfy O’Rielly would be if Comcast took a kindergarten classroom hostage and demanded mandatory nation wide subscriptions to their top tier service or they would execute a child every hour.

I think you give him too much credit.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 09:31:
Xbox exec 'defies you to see resolution and framerate differences on sub-60 inch screens'.

This can only end badly.

I dare him to call the Sun yellow and the Grass green. I double dare him. I triple quadruple dare him!!! Aha take that Mr. Smartypants!!

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
12. Re: Rebellion Jul 11, 2014, 08:07 InBlack

TangledThorns wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 07:34:
Can't another developer do the next AvP game instead, Gearbox or Crytek perhaps? Highfive

Can't tell if serious or not...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2014, 07:09 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 00:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 22:52:
LittleMe wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 21:28:
While the concept of net neutrality seems complex, the solution is simple: We should classify broadband access as a utility.

And that will solve all our problems! Not!

The actual solution is more competition. The article even admits the big telcos have thwarted competition.

The only way we're going to see competition in this market is if the last mile is not controlled by a monopoly or duopoly the way it is now.

The government should run it, like the roads. Or they should be very, very heavily regulated monopolies like the electric company. This kind of heavy infrastructure doesn't lend itself to competition in the traditional sense, like making cars or potato chips.

I dont think LittleMe will like your solution too much. He believes in the "Free Market" economy and that the Communist Government of the United States is controlled by lizard alien/human hybrids that descended from British Royalty.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 05:46 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:53:
He never once said "Fuck you" to concerned fans.

He didnt have to. He basically implied it after book 3 of Wheel of Time after his writing took a nosedive and he decided to basically milk that shit for all its worth and then some. Have you read the books?

I gave up after book seven, 4 endings where Rand fights the 'Boss' fight only to get the "The princess is in another castle" ending was too much for me thank you very much.

If someone told me to hurry up and finish something I consider my life's work Id tell them to fuck off too, and probably in a much more expletive manner.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
29. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 11, 2014, 04:06 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 18:39:
Timmeh wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 17:29:
There is no way the game flops. Its going to be a huge international hit and make millions upon millions of dollars.

I played Nexon's Combat Arms, another free to play military style fps for a couple of years. It was great fun. It still has a ton of players. Nexon knows what they are doing in the Free to Play Market. They have a variety of games and make a bucket ton of money.

Cliffy knows how to make a good FPS and is a great level designer. I wager Blue Streak will be a lot like Unreal Tournament old school. It will end up with a million players world wide Just wait and see.

I hope you're right. I don't wish for bad games. And regardless of what we think about Cliffy personally, he has talent. But Free to Play is like having a picnic under a nice shady tree on a beautiful summer day and a bird craps on the apple pie.

Thats a rather depressing view. There are some really good F2P games out there. The first one that comes to mind is another shooter, of course, Team Fortress2. That one is still going strong, and you really have no need to invest ANY money in the game to be competitive. If he manages to put out something along those lines (which is exactly what a F2P shooter needs to be run like from a business perspective at least) then we will have another great F2P game on our hands.

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
8. Re: Rebellion Jul 11, 2014, 03:58 InBlack

AvP 1 ruled. I also liked the second one, though Im not sure that one was done by Rebellion. The last one was shit, but IMO suffered mostly because of console concessions. A proper AvP game, NEEDS to be a PC exclusive.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 10:35 InBlack

DaHauns wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:05:
The sad thing is that "reviews" like that still influence Metacritic & co. without distinction.

Dont lose too much sleep over that. The really 'bad' sort of cancels out with the horribly 'gushing'. Hence, average scores...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:05:
Nothing heartless about it, DC Comics will now have to decide whether or not something is "worthy" of this based on social media outrage which isn't fair to anyone. Imagine being the dying cancer kid who gets told "nope sorry, your life sucks but you're not as deserving as the other kid". Jeffrey Baldwin died in 2002, let his memory be an anti-abuse law or something constructive instead of people crowdfunding a bronze statue.

Do you also get the 20% extra damage when you try to backstab?

*sorry Verno, I thought you played Original Sin

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 09:33:
Looks like they might have played a bit of Skyrim! Haha holy shit that is some heavy imitation is the sincerest form of flattery stuff going on. The Dragon battle at least seemed more involved than that though.

Waiting for many reviews on this. They showed a bunch of things for DA2 that looked neat but turned out to be threadbare at best. Also when I hear PR wankery about "dynamic animal populations" and stuff I know I'm being BS'd.

Yeah, Im guessing they want to pull the Skyrim crowd in. They (Us?) should be wary though, beware of greeks bearing gifts and all that. No one should expect anywhere near the complexity of Skyrim in this title. Its all marketing and bullshit, it has been EA/Bioware's thing for a long time now. Can't believe the same company was responsible for Baldur's Gate...sheesh....

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 09:55:
The Shack remodel looks alright I guess.

DC Comics Reverses Decision, Will Let Murdered 5-Year-Old Be Superman.

Seems pretty dumb. Now they will be asked to use it on every sob story. The kid died a tragic death long ago, let his legacy be a law or some sort of preventative measure instead of a superman logo on a bronze statue.

Heartless +1

2. Re: George Carlin Jul 10, 2014, 09:41 InBlack

Loved George Carlin. Im sure he too would have appreciated the irony....:)  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone to graveyards, everyone. Oh, when will they ever learn? Oh, when will they ever learn?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

Yeah that review on Code Central is really, I dont know. Someone writes two paragraphs which are mostly bullshit and suddenly thats a review. Seriously, it probably took him 2 minutes to write that after playing the game for like 5 minutes. Can I have that dude's job? I promise my reviews will be at least 50% longer (as in another paragraph longer) and Ill even work for half pay.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
1. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 09:05 InBlack

Hey Blue, you should sue for trademark/copyright infringement  

News Comments > Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs
16. Re: Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs Jul 10, 2014, 04:05 InBlack

Man Full THrottle is so damn cool. Also need to revisit Outlaws....fuck I miss the days of LucasArts of old...  

7384 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo