Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
50. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 05:26 InBlack

50 posts in and no one mentions the obvious solution? Let's hope the lawyers in question know their shit. If they (Gearbox) are smart they will come to some sort of deal with Interceptor, publish their game and make some money in the process. There is no money to be had from a broke ass developer anyway...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2014, 09:31 InBlack

Beer.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 21, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Translation:

"We have no fucking clue what to do here so please can someone who is not in the government or leadership please come up with a solution? Please?"

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Hollow Lullaby" Trailer
1. Re: Dark Souls II Feb 21, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

Heavy indeed.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2014, 04:15 InBlack

Whats wrong with Wolves walking around in Sochi anyway?? Wolves are people too you know...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2014, 04:13 InBlack

Have you tried it? Or do you by any chance own one? If I had money for a luxury sedan, I would definitely go for the S over any BMW, Audi or Mercedes...  

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
85. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 21, 2014, 04:07 InBlack

SmyTTor wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 01:16:
Rather than say the game sucks in general, I'll say why it isn't very good, for me.

I realize this is beta and use that grain of salt liberally when seeing the entire opening day scrubbed due to server connectivity issues on MS's side. I do not think it was okay to have the graphics on PC look as dated as they did so close to public release. But, I will say that even bumped up to max, the game ran very smoothly on a mid-range machine.

The auto-aim code is strong with this one. Aside from a weapon that can lock on and automatically track and kill multiple things at once, there is far too much correction going on. You can especially see this in the immediate death replays while waiting to respawn. Or when you wonder how the hell you just hit that guy when your cursor ended up blocked by the wall.

There is way too much one-shot killing. You can kill a guy with a shotgun clipping a foot. You can one-shot anyone from about 7-8 meters away with a flying kick. I'm not kidding. I topped an entire match solely (get it?!) by meleeing.

This is not a mech game. When you get your titan, you are pretty much a wrecking machine if you come across any other player. It's not that it's all just power, you also have about as much speed of movement and agility. That side-step is powerful, even with having it as two very short-timed charges. In one quick backslide I splattered 4 pilots and 4 npcs.

The npcs on each side end up making it harder to locate actual players. However it's a strange mix. The flow of combat is so inhibited by so many features that are crammed into the game. Like the cloaking ability, and the mini-map pointing out enemy locations, and the FOV being capped as it is. Don't get me wrong, those would have their places in other games, but it seems like it was about how many features from other popular games they could put in "Titanfall" rather than how they actually affected game play.

I actually really like the way the double jump/wall sprinting mechanics were implemented and that alone would have been amazing. I just don't think everything combined the way it is fits together into one coherent game.

Lest anyone try calling me out, I was really pumped for this game. I'm not an EA fan, but this game really caught my eye. The game just feels like a run-of-the-mill FPS console port with little else going for it at this point.

I will personally be passing on this game. The only other upcoming FPS that caught my eye was "Tom Clancy's The Division" and I really hope that turns out well.

Thanks for that concise and very well written review of the beta.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 21, 2014, 03:51 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:39:
Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:29:
Well, the funniest thing about the Church of Satan is their rule that you can't be pretentious.
Isn't their entire organization violating that rule?

Yes and actually very fitting, this is what satan is supposed to be like. So perhaps they really are what their title says and then being the shits they are... they lie about anything and everything from there, never being able to make 2 cents out of anything they do or say. So back to linking them to the Killer makes sense, you just won't get anything truthful from them, which is right on character. LOL

Sort of like any organized religion in the history of mankind?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 03:43 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:04:
No Blue, the Japanese do not count other countries. All those Asian countries are incredibly closed off, xenophobic and racist. Anyway can't wait to see PS4 explode in Japan and watch Ballmer cry his bitter, salty tears.

Generalize much? You know, I could easily say the same thing about the United States, and I wouldnt be far off the mark.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2014, 05:56.

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
15. Re: Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries Feb 21, 2014, 03:38 InBlack

Acleacius wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:53:
Annnd...the winner is, the modder who enables jumping?

My thoughts exactly.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
11. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 21, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

Not interested.  

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
3. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 10:53 InBlack

Silly me, hoping to see some actual gameplay instead of a huge fucking giant QTE clip. Wait, maybe the QTEs ARE the gameplay!!!???

/mindblown

12. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 09:51 InBlack

Id buy it for 20$ if I could get it on Steam and bypass Origin. I know, its never gonna happen.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 09:32 InBlack

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 08:55:
Patrick Stewart Has An Awesome Response To Being 'Outed' As Gay By The Guardian.

"I have, like, five or even SEVEN hetero friends and we totally drink beer and eat lots of chicken wings!"

This guy is soooooo awesome!

Captain Picard wins again!

9. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Its squad based? Are there different classes?  

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
37. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 20, 2014, 03:22 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:18:
Xero, there is no point to having any kind of Ah in Diablo 3. The patch/expansion is going to make most of the new loot bind on account. The ones that are not, will become bind on account once you enchant them.

Legacy loot can not be enchanted, only loot that drops post patch. Legacy loot can still be traded and given to friends. Most if not all Legendaries in RoS will be bind on account, but you can trade them with friends you were playing with at the time the item(s) dropped. Similar to how it works in WoW.

Ahh bind on account. How wonderful, the wowification of Diablo complete!!! What a crock of horseshit. Just when I thought that things couldnt get worse.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
36. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 20, 2014, 03:17 InBlack

Yakubs wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:06:
You don't need the auction house to ruin the game for you. The game itself did that just fine.

This.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2014, 03:15 InBlack

Hoop wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 23:47:
Good to see Snowden's making friends.

This clip was taken in a ski resort in Austria, and those guys are clearly speaking german. So, try again?

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Feb 20, 2014, 03:13 InBlack

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 21:32:
Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 20:38:
I met Don Henley back in the day on the Dirty Laundry tour. That's still a fantastic song.

Just think: If you were a 15 year old girl, he would have totally slept with you...

No no, dont you mean 16 year old junkie prostitute?

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
12. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 03:09 InBlack

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:29:
1badmf wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:16:
haha i see he's as infamous here as he was on the old voodooextreme forums. did he ever come here to lambast you guys with his deliciously idiotic self-righteousness?

since the 90s man

Havent seen him in a while on these boards though. Would really like to hear his views on Starcitizen.

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo