Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7173 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
4. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 08:51 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 08:43:
I admit, I'm a little surprised.

Yep same here. Pleasantly surprised, I might add.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2014, 03:48 InBlack

Actually a tablet is ideal to play turn based strategy games. There are at least two games I would like to own an IPAD for. XCOM and Hearthstone. Sadly just those two games (one of which I have finished) are hardly justfication enough to buy such an expensive toy.  

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
1. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 10:58 InBlack

Im going to be checking this out. XCOM was great and all, but a lot of the things that made the original great were sorely missing...  

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
6. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:31:
InBlack wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:23:
Sounds like an interesting concept. The first time Ive seen one from Crytek! This part bothers me though, games-as-a-service. Sounds like a nice way of saying they are trying out new ways of price gouging their customers...as if 5 hour campaigns for 60$ games wasnt humiliating enough....

It's only humiliating if we actually buy 5 hour campaigns for $60. Being burned so many times in the past has turned me into a very skeptical gamer.

Actually humiliating for Crytek, thats what I meant. But yeah, your interpretation works too

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 09:31 InBlack

As epic as the fight was, what came before the fight was even better. In fact this is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far, with some of the best scenes and performances of all involved...
*semi spoiler below*
I couldnt help but feel sorry for Ser Jorah, a decent guy who has made some questionable decisions in his life and unlike most everyone else in the series always ends up paying for them bigtime...

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 09:54.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
1. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Sounds like an interesting concept. The first time Ive seen one from Crytek! This part bothers me though, games-as-a-service. Sounds like a nice way of saying they are trying out new ways of price gouging their customers...as if 5 hour campaigns for 60$ games wasnt humiliating enough....  

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
40. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 05:52 InBlack

If I wanted to play an MMO with a subscription fee today, I would probably go back to Age of Conan. I dont think any other MMORPG comes close at this point. (At this point, not at launch)  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2014, 03:52 InBlack

Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 21:33:
It's funny because the director will always say "Shake" when they have to film one of those scenes. It is pure hilarity to see all of them looking so seriously and then do a little shimmy. (bonus fun when one actor forgets they are supposed to shimmy to the right first, and goes against everyone else.)

It also doesn't even make sense within their own technology. Why isn't the inertial dampener countering that inertia as well? I can see it not engaging under a certain threshold, otherwise they couldn't even move around, but when a crew member is flung across the deck, the inertial dampener should simply prevent that from happening.

Momentary failure? In any case the effect can still end up looking pretty good, even though its the lamest thing ever.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2014, 03:50 InBlack

Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 21:29:
Damn, that's harsh. What did Sting ever do to you?

Shit. Is it wrong that I like Sting? Then again I happen to be a musician...

News Comments > Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug
8. Re: Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug Jun 3, 2014, 03:48 InBlack

Teach those impulse buyers to preorder!!!  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Announced
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2014, 03:47 InBlack

Mk10? Wow. The last one I played was Mk4, and that sucked balls. Mk3 was the best of the lot.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2014, 10:34 InBlack

How the hell did these people end up running these corporations. Its like the higher up you are in the corporate chain the more stupid you are. WTF?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

Blue wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:33:
InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:09:
Nice. Whats the deal with tick borne diseases in the US? Over here in Europe ticks have been known to carry some nasty shit.

Lyme disease is the number one culprit, but there are others. Our god-daughter got really sick a couple of weeks ago from a tick-borne disease that's apparently just surfaced.

Sorry to hear. Shit, thats bad luck, I hope its not too bad. My mother is a very outdorsy person, who spends just about every single day outdoors usually on the hunt for mushrooms of all sorts. Obviously ticks are a big problem, but she has been lucky so far...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 09:36 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:09:
Did we really need another Homefront game?

No.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
1. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Why not the Chinese? Or Aliens? Or Iraq? Or the British?

Any of these are more plausible than North Korea. Bah, what the hell am I getting riled up about, the original Homefront was a piece of shit anyway and this will be no different.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:14 InBlack

That F-35 article is wrong. It didnt cost 250 Billion to put a man on the moon, it cost about 20 Billion for the entire program. Even adjusted for inflation and whatnot, it would be below that number.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:09 InBlack

Nice. Whats the deal with tick borne diseases in the US? Over here in Europe ticks have been known to carry some nasty shit.  

News Comments > New U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: New U.K. Sales Charts Jun 2, 2014, 09:06 InBlack

I have fond memories of playing the original Mario Kart, on the superNES. Or was it Mario Kart 2? Anyways, rose-tinted glasses in full on nostalgia mode engaged!  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
77. Re: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis? Jun 2, 2014, 06:53 InBlack

yuastnav wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 06:19:
InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 04:09:
[...] According to some of the newest neurological papers, free will, as we know it is very deceptive and most probably untrue. [...]

Neuroscience is so young that I do not think it is possible to say whether the whole neuroscientific community as a whole has come to the conclusion that free will doesn't exist.

Agreed. Which is why i used the word probably. Also depends on how you define the term.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
75. Re: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis? Jun 2, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

Harlock, as always its a joy to read your more philosophical posts. Id like to add one other thing, youve touched on it but it may have been lost on most of the people here. Apart from very few researchers who work in the field, humanity has yet to deal with the little known fact that many of our impulses or indeed motivations stem from programming that is inherent in our genes and upbringing. According to some of the newest neurological papers, free will, as we know it is very deceptive and most probably untrue. If you havent read "Neuropath" by Bakker yet, do so immediately.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2014, 05:06.

7173 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo