Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 11:14 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 21:40:

edit: Looks like developers from all over the place are coming out and saying "lulz, too bad for you kotaku." Couldn't happen to a nicer group of assholes.

Did you even read the article? The reason I ask is because the article asserts that many in the developer industry feel that the gaming 'press' is supposed to be an extended arm of their marketing departments. From what you've written here you seem to share this opinion.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2015, 08:58 InBlack

BTW does anyone know where I can get 5mm ammo? Ive seen all ammo types so far, and have not been able to get any replacement ammo for my Minigun, anywhere. Not a single trader Ive come across so far has it. Google doesn't seem to know either...  

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2015, 03:50 InBlack

Skyrim with mods was awesome. I could see Fallout4 becoming awesome with someone modding the entire fucking faction/quest structure and adding a shit-ton of content but that would/could take a looong time for a typical one or two man mod team. Oh well....At least I can go back to my quest of finding a worthwhile heavy weapon...  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 21, 2015, 03:45 InBlack

Slick sez u need L33T SKILLZ to pl4y this game, he iz oldskul.  

6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 20, 2015, 06:38 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 04:35:
Star Citizen is the spiritual successor to Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme.

lol

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Next Month
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Next Month Nov 20, 2015, 04:05 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 21:58:
I just want to know if Space Hulk - Deathwing has been cancelled or not. The one 40k title I'd like to see more information on and it's locked away in silence.

This.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 18, 2015, 12:44 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 11:41:
That dialogue mod could come in handy because the choices you are given are often far too vague. Not like it matters though, most boil down to a yes/no question.

Choice and consequence was a staple of the previous games. No longer it seems?

News Comments > Overwatch Stress Test Weekend
4. Re: Overwatch Stress Test Weekend Nov 18, 2015, 01:54 InBlack

...element of luck. Fucking Blizzard. They can't resist using RNG even when it is totally unnecessary.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2015, 14:53 InBlack

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 14:31:
Since when is utilizing a primary mechanic of the game (crafting) considered "gaming the game?" I will grant you they should mention in the perk description that shotguns are grouped in with rifles (different perks for single-shot and automatic), but otherwise all of that stuff is pretty straightforward.

Say you take a pipe gun; with a pistol grip and short barrel it is meant for close range hip-firing, but put a long barrel on it and it is then less accurate when fired from the hip but has a longer range and is more accurate when aiming down the sights. Put a stock on it and it turns into a rifle, which has better recoil control but even worse hip-firing accuracy. Put a scope on it and it's a sniper rifle, with more sighted accuracy and longer range. Upgrade the receiver (possibly to a larger-caliber bullet) and you increase the damage. Single-shot does more damage, or you can turn it into an automatic for higher rate of fire with less damage per shot.

You control all of these things, every aspect of your weapon. Use a proper one for the way you want to fight and you won't have an issue with being effective in combat. But no matter what, upgrade to something better than a pipe gun ASAP, lol, 'cause they're meant to be crap. Hunting rifles can be found pretty early on, and they last a long time, eventually able to be upgraded to .50 cal.

As for Strength-based characters, melee is really not a one-size-fits-all combat solution. You're gonna need to be super tanky and creative in how you approach situations, and even then you're not going to be as effective as you might like until you fill out that side of the perk tree. The 'Rooted' perk opens up a stick-and-move playstyle that should make you near-unstoppable when you use it correctly, but you're still going to need backup weapons for some threats, like those rooftop snipers. You get the perk to improve heavy weapons, which is a class that encompasses a wide variety of ranged attacks, so I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Ok, now thats a proper retort. Thanks for that, you changed my mind about giving up on the game so Ill stick with it a little bit more because like Verno said, it's a little bit boring so far.

11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2015, 13:14 InBlack

So yeah, thanks for confirming to me that Fallout4 is only fun when you game the game. Try playing a strength oriented character and get back to me. I do however wonder how you managed to make markers, I couldn't place any on the map no matter how much I tried left or right clicking on it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:10 InBlack

Alamar wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:42:
InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:52:
In before the "rosy-colored glasses" assholes try to ruin some good memories with their stupid shit. Half Life 2 was a genuinely good game. There are games which stand the test of time, HL2 is one of them. As is HL1.

I disagree... Does that make me a "rosy-colored glasses" asshole? : )

Depends on what you disagree with. Do you think that HL1 and 2 weren't good games to begin with or do you think they are shit in hindsight?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 09:52 InBlack

In before the "rosy-colored glasses" assholes try to ruin some good memories with their stupid shit. Half Life 2 was a genuinely good game. There are games which stand the test of time, HL2 is one of them. As is HL1.  

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
2. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:18:
I need more coffee this morning. I'm seeing Gigantic Ass Creed. Coffee

I think you have predicted the possible future series perfectly. No more coffee required.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2015, 09:38 InBlack

Thanks for that piece Polygon. I really enjoy having salt rubbed into an open wound. About as much as I enjoy getting kicked into the groin.  

9. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2015, 08:09 InBlack

The more Im playing Fallout4 the more Im hating it. If you liked Minecraft though, and enjoy collecting virtual junk, and virtual dolls, and don't mind the mind-numbingly horrible combat, you will love this game. Or something.

My 2 hours impression of the game was about 7/10. After playing for another 3 hours, its down to 6/10. Its just not fun. The exploration seems cool at first, but all the buildings are the same fucking drab shit from the inside. The combat was cool at first, until you figure out that none of the weapons have classes and you cant figure out what class your weapon of choice is to improve it. For example, sawed of shotgun. What is that? A rifle? A heavy gun? What? The game doesn't say so and fuck you very much. Right now I can only spray and pray with my guy, cos melee is gimped beyond belief unless you are in tight corridors and the accurate guns are not really accurate. So pick the gun that sprays the most and has the most bullets. Most of the fights are setup so that there are turrets everywhere and guys will snipe you from rooftops, walkways, basically everywhere so fuck you STR focused characters. Fuck you CHA focused characters cos that does shit too.

Weapons are a mess, all the guns do horrible damage and are piss poor accurate unless you happen to invest in exactly the right perks. Which the game doesn't tell you what they are. Did I mention that before? I guess I did. Well it's worth another mention or three. Grenades usually kill me when I throw them cos there are invisible walls everywhere. VATS is only useful if you have a precise and long ranged stand off weapon, for everything else it is pathetic. Armor is a mess. So many pieces of apparel that do shit all, unless you find a armor bench and then somehow luck out into making some of it better, or something. The powered suit is nice and everything, if you like running into bullets and slow punching guys in the face. I actually do better without it, even in melee, more damage, faster hitting, faster running, everything.

Oh and you can't place markers on the map. WHAT. THE. FUCK?!. Found a cool armor bench, and want to mark it for fast travel later? Fuck you! Can't do that. It doesn't help that the map corresponds maybe 5% to the actual layout of the buildings, they didn't even bother to line up the main roads in the towns. This last part is insulting, in a fucking exploration game. Fuck me am I angry for buying this shit. Serves me right for ignoring my gut.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2015, 08:26.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2015, 07:50 InBlack

Ridley has completely and totally sold out. He doesn't simply give a shit anymore. He used to create Art. Now he does it for the paycheck. When I say now, I mean the last twenty years or so. I haven't seen the Martian, and apparently it's quite a faithful adaptation which means that he can still pull it off, when there is good 'writing' involved or a decent script. Not only is this title change scummy, apparently the studios pushed back or even outright cancelled Bloomkamp's Alien sequel so it doesn't cannibalize ticket sales for this POS.  

4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2015, 07:45 InBlack

Bub wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 06:50:

CR - is anyone left who takes him seriously?

Other than a dwindling number of fanboys and whales?

Even the Star Citizen threads like this one have dwindled to nothing, that is how much people still care about this 'game'.

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
13. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 16, 2015, 03:45 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 21:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:21:
Sides shouldn't Bethseda be calling Obsidian for another Fallout game?

Why the hell would Bethesda give their precious Fallout franchise to a bunch of ungrateful amateurs who will rip the money out of their hands but then only complain that Bethesda treated them like slaves afterwards?

Puuuuuhhhhlease. Get real.

Bethesda made that mistake once. They won't make it again (hopefully... ya hear that, Bethesda? No matter how tempting financially, show some integrity and do not give those fuckers who shat all over you any business again, mkay? ).

What the fuck are you smoking dude? Obsidian makes killer RPGs. Fallout4 is nice and everything but it's nowhere near as good as F:NV was.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
122. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 14, 2015, 16:04 InBlack

Well bit the bullet the other day based and managed to spend about two hours playing it. Working a book fair this past week so Ill only get a proper chance to delve in next week. Here is my little review. So far so average. That's about it.

Things I like:

Run and gun is a thing now. After editing the FOV and getting rid of the horrible mouse acceleration you can play the game that way and it is quite decent.
VATS also feels better somehow compared to the previous versions.
The simplification of the perks tree actually works in the games favor.
The world looks cool, not Witcher3 awesome cool, but much better than F3 and NV.
The power armor is almost godly and I have to figure out how to do proper melee in it as a mostly melee and heavy weapons oriented bruiser but I like that you can't really use it forever now.
Runs great (once I managed to get it to run)

Things I dislike:

Had to google how to get it to even run. For some reason only runs in borderless window.
Terrible writing. Seriously Bethesda, try harder you fail at this at this shit every time. I hope this gets better as I play more and meet some grey/nasty characters.
Bland atmosphere, and some gimmicky gameplay.
Terrible dialogue choices that are almost always the same 4 shitty replies and that so far affect all conversations the same way. As bad as Mass Effect.
Laser musket. Seriously, wtf? Does every game have to have steampunk influence now? I blame Bioshock for this shit.

All in all so far I would rate it 7/10. Better than F3, worse than F:NV.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 15:35 InBlack

I think most of you are over-reacting. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this shit for the obvious reasons, but remember this shit works both ways. The corps and the power elite will be on the cloud same as all the regular Joes, if anything because of the their status they will be under more scrutiny and more vulnerable to hackers and whistle-blowers than ever. Secrets are getting harder to keep, not easier.  

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo