Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7635 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
56. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 04:29 InBlack

Im finding the game sort of strange so far. I liked Arkham 1 which is the main reason I bit for this game. Im not sure what it is that irks me about the game. I think its the fact that it pretends to do open world, when it is really tiny. Its also densely populated. I like to plan attacks ahead, and use stealth where possible and the game keeps throwing hordes of Orks and Captains at me. Every fight is basically a slaughter and while that is fun sometimes, it gets tiring fast. I havent played it for two days straight. Maybe Im just getting old...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
7. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 10:18 InBlack

Fuck that. EULAs are meant to be broken  

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 10:15 InBlack

Your math is all fubared Beamer. Why do they need to generate 2.5 Bil in profits?? Making 4.5 Billion dollars from Oculus seems far fetched in the extreme. Since when do you need to return 150% of your original investment to be considered a success? If things worked like that in the real world we wouldnt have investment. Or gambling for that matter.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
5. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 09:55:
Gonna be hard to combat the guys going after real estate, people pay a ton of RL money for it. A long time ago UO paid a good chunk of my tuition fees, selling decayed real estate to lazy people on eBay. Just had to keep an excel list of places to jump around and check, log in a few times a day. These days I would imagine they have it all automated with scripts and bots.

Man thats such a cool story. UO was the shit! Why cant they make games like that anymore? Heaven forbid that people actually discover emergent gameplay outside the box, or use the game to earn some hard cash.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 2, 2014, 03:40 InBlack

What the fuck is Intersex?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2014, 13:57 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 11:12:
Nintendo is the only reason Bayonetta 2 even exists, no one else wanted to fund it. Exclusives sell consoles and its one of the reasons I will pick up a Wii U when they're a bit cheaper.

Regarding the Destiny cut story line thing, my disappointment with that game goes further than that. They painted a picture of an almost Mass Effect style universe with interesting lore, more activities and whatnot. Instead we got a surprisingly short game thats heavy on repetition/grind. I've just been playing a buddies copy so I don't care that much but if it wasn't for the PvP we wouldn't even bothered playing after launch week. It's a good game but there just needs to be more of everything.

Makes you wonder what they spent that half a billion on. (Actually no it doesnt, they spent it on marketing)

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
27. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:53 InBlack

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:47:
Tumbler wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:36:
As SC is supposed to be an online game with a persistent online universe that could be a major problem but so far they've proved themselves to be able to adapt to player feedback and with a budget this large they can afford to bring in huge updates and change the things that don't work for players.
No it wasn't suppose to be an online game, here is their Kickstarter page that I backed:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen?ref=nav_search
The emphasis is:
  • Single Player Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)

• Squadron 42 - A Wing Commander style single player mode, playable OFFLINE if you want
  • From their FAQ:
    Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience.
    So far they aren't delivering anything in regards to the single player game. The trading, the traveling to worlds, the exploration, the game economy. All we have is a simple multiplayer dog fight sim, single player bot arena match and some racing thing. That is pretty unacceptable to me given 2 years. While I understand that these things take time, there hasn't been even a hint at the single player portion of the game. All we get is "Here is a new ship you can buy with real money so we can get another million this week." If you look at the kickstarter page you can see they were estimating a November 2014 release date. For what they have delivered so far that was a grossly negligent estimate. I mean if they estimated to ship by next month, I would have expected them to at the very least have all the modules in Alpha by now and expect some delays. But they don't even have an alpha part of the single player, the trading, or even the traveling to other worlds part.

This. 1000x this.

26. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:51 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:43:
    InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:14:
    Squadron 42 is going to be released in episodes? What the fuck is this guy smoking?
    What the fuck are you reading?

This part right here:

FPS, Planetside and Squadron 42 as modules or episodic content

News Comments > Op Ed
    19. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 13:49 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:53:
    Haters gonna hate.

Clickbaiters gonna 'bate.

Will this be the next iPhone? No. Will this be a successful niche product for a certain kind of enthusiast? Yup.

You can't really compare this to 3D. 3D is an enhancement to an existing experience. It doesn't really affect the way you do things.

VR headsets are a new experience that provides not only an unparalleled immersion, but also opens up entire entirely new ways of gaming and consuming media.

Exactly this. Even if it only takes off in the flight/drive/mech sim community thats already a big success. People forget that these guys spend hundreds of dollars for the latest multi monitor, headtracking setup. If its done well this has the potential to replace all of that with one device, and a hugely immersive one at that.

23. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:42 InBlack

All i care about is Squadron 42. But he's gotta be on drugs if he thinks Im gonna be paying through my nose just to get 'episodic content'. If its a single module fine, but maybe they should be focused on finishing that instead of releasing space towels every few weeks.  

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer
    13. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 13:28 InBlack

Fion wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:08:
    Firaxis has said time and time again that this is not a spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri. And it looks similar to Civ 5 because it's entirely based upon it. Why build an entirely new game mechanically when you have the most successful in your series history right in front of you.

I think as the game is played it will become more and more its own game. I'm happy to see there are some Civ V expansion goodies in there from the get-go, like trade routs.

I've already pre-ordered this, Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Witcher 3. I genenerally try to avoid succumbing to hype (has saved me hundreds this year so far!) and only pre-order from companies I trust, who have a consistent record of hits.

Thats a shame though. At least IMO. A proper sequel to Alpha Centauri would be much more cooler than just another Civ sequel 'in Space'. With that said the game does look pretty awesome and although I dont like the prevailing browns and greens Ill be keeping an eye on it just the same.

20. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:14 InBlack

Squadron 42 is going to be released in episodes? What the fuck is this guy smoking?  

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
    29. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 06:44 InBlack

LanikTnt wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 12:57:
    InBlack wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 10:12:
    Same here. Love the game, hate the company, and the excessive grind. There are ways to do F2P and then there are ways to do F2P. Wargaming has proven over the years (I have been a player since beta) that they care nothing about the community and that their priority is to maximise profits.

Not trying to be argumentative, but just curious: What specific issues do you have with the game that they don't want to address? I used to play this, just got bored with it is all.

How far up the tank tiers did you get? Did you have even one TierX tank? I noticed you said that you played for nearly a year and did not use premium at all.

This is my biggest gripe with the game, it is virtually impossible to climb the tank ladders and get TierX tanks without paying money. And the game really only starts at TierX, at least for Clan Wars it used to, I havent played in a while but I doubt that has changed.

News Comments > etc.
    3. Re: etc. Sep 30, 2014, 10:17 InBlack

Jay Wilson and his asstastick team are the reason why Diablo3 sucked major balls. However you cant lay all the blame on him. The whole culture at Blizzard has changed over the years, its no longer just about making the best game ever. He is a product of that culture. It is also the main reason why we cant have nice things anymore, like chatrooms, trading rooms, a game browser, PvP and of course trading without BOA. Even with all the improvements Diablo3 on the PC is a ghost of a game.  

3. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 10:12 InBlack

Tumbler wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 10:01:
    This sounds interesting, will boot this up and check it out. I can't wait for the update they showed for the terrain becoming more destructible and realistic.

Love this game.

Same here. Love the game, hate the company, and the excessive grind. There are ways to do F2P and then there are ways to do F2P. Wargaming has proven over the years (I have been a player since beta) that they care nothing about the community and that their priority is to maximise profits.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
    6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

I hope the game doesnt end up sucking for you who preordered. Also. Please dont preorder games in the future. This is an appeal from the heart! You are ruining our hobby. Pre-order volume is one of the biggest factors in determining a game's success at least for most big name publishers, and I believe it is the reason why so many games end up being released as messy, buggy, broken or just plain boring pieces of shit.  

1. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

Suck dicks Wargaming. That is all.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
    17. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 09:26 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 08:49:
    by most accounts its doing pretty well.. so we can probly say its a success for monolith

now what im wondering is if they will be going anywhere else with this series... like if they could do one based on the simarillion - dude that would be fucking rad

Exactly my point. Hell they could make ten games like this with different heroes who feature prominently in Silmarilion. Hell they can even make one where you play as 'young' Sauron while serving Melkor/Morgoth...

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
    30. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 30, 2014, 05:31 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 14:47:
    Slashman wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 09:11:
    They quoted 'GTA in space' as how they wanted to make the gameplay.

GTA in space? Seriously?

GTA in space is totally possible, personally i think it would be super awesome

but the x series is not even close to it

Quick! Someone tell Chris Roberts. Smells like a great cash-gra...erm..I mean stretch goal for StarCitizen!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2014, 05:24 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:50:
    Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 10:04:
    People in China line up for everything.

Yeah, it's conditioning. They see a line and hop in just in case they need to be there. Xbox One? Shit, I thought maybe this was the toilet paper line. Oh well.

Just like people in the States line up for the Apple i(InsertRandomDevice). Its called conditioning.

7635 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 13.
    < Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo