Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9005 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

mag wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 00:11:
Okay, fine, let's try for some books. Type in a book title... only used copies available. Try another book title? Only used copies available! Obviously they actually do (must!) still have a large selection of books that they sell, but there are some enormous holes in their stock that wouldn't have existed ten years ago.

Trust me on this, I work for a book publisher: If amazon doesn't have it, no one has it. I'd have to say you were either looking for very obscure, or old out of print titles.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS Hero Revealed
4. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void This Winter; New StarCraft HotS H Jul 16, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

Kinda interested in how the story works out, but not really interested in playing through the game to get to the end. Probably gonna watch the cutscenes on youtube...  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Revealed
12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Revealed Jul 16, 2015, 02:14 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 23:50:
inquisitors are kinda like psionic paladins, but there are different subsets in there as well

If by psionic paladins, you mean psychotic fanatical judges, ready to burn entire worlds if there is even a hint of heresy or alien infestation, then yeah. They "kinda" are...:)

I won't hold my breath either, still waiting for that Space Hulk FPS to come out....where is that BTW?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial Jul 15, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 09:36:

Anyways theres more good than bad here but with The Witcher 3 out its hard to make a case for playing this any time soon.

One look at a youtube gameplay video is case enough not to go near DA:I, a singleplayer game with the gameplay mechanics of an MMO. Ughh.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
6. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 09:38 InBlack

Yeah coz look how great that other outsourced game you made turned out Randy! Randy? Where are you? Why are you running away!!??

In all seriousness though, this is pre-emptive PR disaster mitigation. Unless you have been living under a rock, you will know that Gearbox outsources all of their games (apart from the Borderlands franchise). By announcing it upfront this way, if the game turns out shit, they have an out card.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
4. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 09:35 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 09:31:
Why fuck it up yourselves, when you can have someone else as a scapegoat, right Randy?

Heheh, also in other news: Grass is green, and the noon-sun is yellow.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
54. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 06:56 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 06:29:
Exactly. Politicians accept all sorts of dodgy donations and return them when they become politically disadvantageous.

Ahahah, you really want to go there? That's not an analogy you want to be making dude.

47. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 03:26 InBlack

Zandog wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 03:07:
harlock wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 22:33:
derek smart is a known quantity around here, so step back for a second and ask yourself whether this will honestly have ANY effect whatsoever

This is exactly what's wrong with some Bluesnews comment posters. You have a skewed, toxic view of how these "developers" represent themselves.

A message to Bluenews. You don't have to take away freedom of speech but when you allow toxic behavior on you're website, it takes away viewers that the great journalism and reporting this site does provide.

[Disclaimer:] Don't like the comments? Don't read them. Read the news and be happy.

My response to this is simple. You can't control what comments people link from your site, from others sites. When your commenters are toxic, it easily associates you Bluenews, Base6 and James Furness as a whole. Get control of the comments on your boards when people obviously have an agenda and discard it. Let them find a new home to flame the industry on. You've been around too long to allow this to happen.

Hey its that guy who accused me of being racist and burning down churches because...because I think Starcitizen might be a scam...nice to see you again mysterious 1997 lurker troll!

News Comments > Op Ed
94. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Overon wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:55:
Nobody reads each other's posts unless they are from people they like or dislike or are inflammatory.

I'm going to say something controversial, wait for it.

What are Derek Smart's motives? I don't know I'm not in his head and have to show some epistemic humility because I don't know his thoughts or feeling and have to speculate. I don't feel confident to say one way or another. Would not commenting about his new game in his editorial remove the charge that he's doing this for promotional reasons? Yes it would. Was it smart to include promotion of his game in his post? Depends on what his motivations were.

I don't like what passes for good arguments on the internet. It's irrelevant if Derek Smart is a toxic unjustifiably arrogant narcissistic self promoting pathological liar. Even pathological liars don't lie all the time. So again epistemic humility is called for. Instead of addressing the allegations that Derek Smart made, the response is that he's toxic and we are going to give him a refund. Why not just address his arguments. Even if the response to the argument is "Not true." But instead we have arguments against the character of the person making the claims. Doing so is a logical fallacy and shouldn't convince anyone of anything except that the claims are are still in the air.

If Adolf Hitler said that 3+3=6 it is irrelevant that Adolf Hitler was a moral monster as far as the truth of 3+3=6 is concerned. If Nelson Mandela said that the sky is green like grass it would be irrelevant that he was a moral hero as far as the truth of the sky being green like grass is concerned. If Derek Smart was motivated by promoting his upcoming game and that is what motivated him in making a controversial post, it is irrelevant to the truth of his claims and demands. Just address the allegations, put your detractor's in their place by addressing their claims not attacking their motives or their character, no matter how repugnant they may be.

I rarely have the chance to read such a well thought out and written post online. It is so rare, that I have to say Bravo! Well put.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
44. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 15, 2015, 02:47 InBlack

I hope no one here preordered this. Please don't preorder games from EA anymore. Ok?  

45. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

Im not sure there are any legal options if people want their money back. Those 'pledges' count as donations right? Even the ship sales, count as 'pledges', which count as donations. So how do you legally claim that money as anything that is owed back to you? RSI are opening a pandora's box by giving Derek his money back, they themselves state that legally they are NOT required to give back refunds. So which is it?? It's so fucking typical of this whole damn project since Day 1, flip-flopping on every important issue so that everyone can find their view supported by RSI. hey lets do this, no lets do that, no wait, lets do this third thing, no actually we meant that we are doing all of those things, yes we promise everything and we WILL deliver!!! I can't believe people fall for this bullshit (no offense kxmode), over and over and over again....  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 09:36:
That related note is quite funny Didn't know that a backed project can forcefully eject you as backer, but that's awesome haha. Well, it's Derek Smart as he lives and breaths I guess, and CIG didn't like him. What a shocker!

Well he IS a space-sim gaming industry veteran, and he doesnt have any good things to say about Starcitizen development. What did you expect? Im surprised to see that apart from dsmart, who doesnt give a shit what people say or think about him, all other developers (and project managers) are keeping mum about the potential disaster waiting to happen, to speak nothing of the asskissing 'press' brigade.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2015, 02:31 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 14:05:
You've declared war on a video game product, its time to step back and re-evaluate things man. If Star Citizen sucks no one is going to sugar coat it no matter what the moderators do on some random forum. There is no need to waste time or emotion on it but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Kxmode invested his belief, and entrusted a thousand dollars to CR and crew, trusting them to build the game they pitched. A hundred goalpost changes later, with nothing to show for it really, can you really blame him for being pissed?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
21. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 14, 2015, 02:26 InBlack

Brym wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 13:24:
I can't say whether the watch is flopping or not (although I have my doubts about the data they rely on), but I can say that I've found mine indispensable in the month that I've owned it.

Do tell!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 14, 2015, 02:14 InBlack

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 23:28:
I use my macs for critical development work and I'll gladly pay the premium for that kind of service.

What exactly is 'critical development work' and why does it require Macs? Do the software tools run better on a Mac? Are they unavailable on desktop PCs? Is the Mac inherently more stable?

News Comments > Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate
1. Re: Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate Jul 13, 2015, 09:25 InBlack

Ill-gotten gains indeed. Heh  

News Comments > Op Ed
67. Re: Op Ed Jul 13, 2015, 07:55 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 07:27:
What does that have to do with anything? We know the game was originally going to be developed on a much smaller budget and was expanded because of the extra investment. If the game was being developed to the original scale and fidelity level people would be accusing him of fraud, of pocketing all the extra money.

Jesus Christ, people ARE accusing him of fraud! Worse than that, they are accusing him of incompetence and greed! If he had kept the scope of the project along the original KS goals, we wouldnt be talking about any of this. Among other things Chris Roberts literaly said give me more money so I can build the game FASTER. That's what CR said, do you deny it? You seem to do a lot of denying when reality needs to conform to your perception of it.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Month
13. Re: Satellite Reign Next Month Jul 13, 2015, 05:14 InBlack

Looks interesting. Any gameplay videos online?  

News Comments > Op Ed
65. Re: Op Ed Jul 13, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

I think CR should release a new 5000$ ship .jpg image. Because, fuck it why not? Just make sure it's a 'limited' edition. Yeah, Starcitizen sure is worth the wait, like it's so worth the wait that Im going to go out get married, have chidlren, have grandchildren and die, while waiting. Yeah that's how much it is worth the wait.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2015, 03:24.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 15:20:
Once Upon a Time in the West is my fave spaghetti western to be sure - the Duke's The Searchers is prolly my fave western overall. Hank Fonda was just so badass in this film. He should have played more villains, he did it so well. For anyone who hasn't seen it, what are you waiting for? Here's the intro to the film. If that doesn't convince you than something is really wrong with you.

Two Horses Too Many

Yeah great film that. One of Leone's best. I think it would have been THE best had Clint Eastwood been available for the shoot, Charles Bronson is cool and everything but Clint sort of embodies the ideal of the mysterious stranger type.

9005 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo