Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7391 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 07:52 InBlack

Dont forget the immortal:

Cpl. Ferro: "We're in the pipe, five by five..."

Famously ripped off by Starcraft

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2014, 07:45 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 05:48:
1badmf wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 01:32:
i have this theory that people are born along a psychological spectrum of empathy. people low on the scale are sociopaths. i don't know if there's a term for people who are highly empathetic, but i tend to think i'm one of them. i don't do anything before considering how it affects anyone around me.

the assholes abusing Zelda, they're obviously on the low end. the worst part is, they think they're doing nothing wrong because they just cant imagine how it's making her feel. same with online trolls and hackers. undiagnosed sociopaths. i think it's a very large underlying problem with our society that's not very well recognized. i'm almost certain there's a disporportionately high correlation between criminal behavior and sociopaths. i think at some point all people should be tested for it when they're young. that way it can be curbed and hopefully minimize venomous behavior like this when they grow up.

Troll behavior correlates strongly to sadism and psychopathy. It is known.

Dont forget that its never as clear cut as all that. There are degrees of sociopathy and no one should underestimate the power of anonymity that the internet bestows upon a relatively 'normal' person. Its much easier to vent and to be spiteful just for the sake of it behind it.

News Comments > Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video
7. Re: Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video Aug 14, 2014, 07:39 InBlack

jdwohlever wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 07:29:
Looks like Left 4 Dead meets MMO.
Meh.

More like Left4Dead meets the most expensive MMO fail in history.

8. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 05:02 InBlack

Great photos BTW. The 'sad' Alien sitting on a packing box pic is my favorite.  

7. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 03:49 InBlack

I dislike comparing the two movies directly. One is pure horror, the other is action SF. I think that Ridley Scott made a brilliant film, I also think that James Cameron made a fantastic sequel. No one, and I mean literaly no one thought Cameron could pull it off, yet he did with flying colors. If I had to pick I would pick Alien, as the better film, but I hate to pick between the two..  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2014, 03:17 InBlack

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 22:25:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:32:
Anyone who gave Robin Williams' daughter abuse will hopefully die of agonizingly painful ass-cancer in the next two weeks.

And as for Comcast, shit, they're just doing what SCOTUS told them to do. Why the fuck do FCC commissioners show up to shit like that? Oh wait, I forgot, they work for the cable industry.

And finally, OMG, Y512K!!!!

Somehow I'm still unable to be surprised by how vile people can be, especially on the internet.

There fixed that for you. With that said why would anyone be vile to her because her dad killed himself??? Must be those fundamentalist Christians again, formenting their own brand of special hatred....after all suicide is a sin...

News Comments > Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video
4. Re: Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video Aug 14, 2014, 03:10 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 01:39:
you guys are so short sighted.

i've always been intrigued by asymmetrical multiplayer and think it's something with vast potential thats been woefully underexploited by a conservative industry. this looks like it's a dungeon master vs heroes type of deal and if so, and if it's as customizable as dnd was, this could have some massive 'awesome' potential. i would be DMing all freakin night as bluesnewsers constantly tossed themselves into my meat grinder hheheh.

This has nothing to do with D&D. Have you even watched the video? Its more like Hellgate London, or Diablo.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
13. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:38 InBlack

Oh you are talking about the client, well that might well be true. For the Alpha at least. Somehow I doubt that the full game will follow suit.  

10. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:25 InBlack

Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:06:
Blues, you have a type O in your comments about this game requiring an Origin Account. It specifically says one is not required.

Huh? Did you follow the link? There is no way to register for the Alpha unless you join with an Origin account, or create a new one.

2. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 09:24 InBlack

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 09:13:
"You guys like RPGs?!?!"

"Yeah!"

"How about one you can play with your friends?"

"YEAH!"

"Ok, go queue for a group!"

"What?!"

Yeah I wonder how this will work, somehow I doubt it's going to be anything other than an action RPG Lite. Sort of like Mass Effect missions, except the party will be multiplayer, there will be no pausing and the "Shadowlord" will control the placement/tactics of enemy creatures.

I doubt it will have any sort of real depth at all, but I hope to be proven wrong.

News Comments > Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players
12. Re: Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players Aug 13, 2014, 03:45 InBlack

I used to play WoT a lot. And I mean a LOT. Played since open beta, even have the premium Tier VIII M1A6 preorder tank. Its a pretty solid game, even though it is arcadey compared to a real tank simulation its a very tactical game, and a well coordinated clan on teamspeak is a force to be reckoned with. I gave it up a few years ago though, when it became apparent that they will simply try to milk the community for all its worth. The grind was hugely excessive, even WITH premium and I just said fuck these russian bastards.

A fun game concept ruined by greed. Nothing really new here.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
10. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 10:51 InBlack

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:44:
InBlack wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:41:
I wonder what her bra size will be this time 'round.... Thinking

Maybe you can use the kinect to shake your chest, and the on screen character will do the same thing.

Holy shit man, you just blew my mind....

*runs outside to buy Xbone*

News Comments > Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Announced
3. Re: Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Announced Aug 12, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Ive played the first game, and its a direct copy of the boardgame. Warts and all. At least the boardgame is kind of fun as you roll the dice yourself and play vs a friend, but its still weaksauce compared to, you know, actual WH40K tabletop.

Based on the first one, Im going to skip this. Cautiosly looking forward to the FPS of the same name.

7. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 InBlack

I wonder what her bra size will be this time 'round.... Thinking  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

Definitely going to make an effort and (re)watch some of his better films over the weekend. One of the few hollywood stars who seemed to truly be a good person.  

3. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 10:15 InBlack

Yeah well now that the new consoles are becoming more established, we are bound to see more and more exclusive content for them. The new lean, and dry season for PC gaming will probably kick off into full bloom next year. I expect a lot of tears, although quality console ports are few and far between anyway.  

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
1. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Heh. Serves em right. Not that I have much love for frivolous lawsuits, but at least it will teach Sega not to have anything to do with Gearbox ever again  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
17. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 07:49 InBlack

Nameless Again wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 22:45:
Still my #2 of all time, only surpassed by the original Half-Life 1. It was for me at least, he first FPS to really incorporate the RPG elements. Great game if you never played it.

As far as single-player FPS are concerned, agreed. 100%.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
49. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 07:07 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 06:13:
What the fuck are you talking about? Where exactly is Romero claiming he did everything? The information of what he and others worked on is available on the net in various locations. He (along with others) were highly involved in all the games and he was one of the founders of id.
Hell, before they formed id, HE was the one that put the team together that formed id.

You are seriously a deluded fanboy Krooven. Im one of the most die hard fans of id software, but there is a reason why Romero was kicked out of id. Maybe you should check some of those sources of yours on what exactly went wrong within id software and what part Romero played in that. Yes he was the founder of the studio, but how is that relevant to any of his game design credits and skills, or even his ability to lead a studio, since he was basicaly fired for being a douchebag who did no work and couldnt be a team player to save his life.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
43. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 04:00 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 03:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:04:
Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 18:46:
And the room. Went. Wild.

Really? Together, as id, they made two great shooters. Individually, other than Carmack, none of those guys has ever achieved much, if anything.

Stop giving the guy so much credit for shit he did 20 years ago, people.

Agreed. He made FUCKING MOBILE GAMES. And his last PC/xbox/ps3 cross platform project failed after 2 years of development.

F him. I have no faith in him at this point.

Him and CB can go F themselves.

I have never really understood the hate towards Romero or Carmack. Only in the game industry can someone make some great games; ya know just games that changed gaming forever with Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake...only to be hated and told to go fuck themselves because their careers didn't unfold according to what some of you wanted.

People are sick of egotistical bastards like Romero taking all the credit. The whole team at id at the time was responsible for these games not just Romero.

7391 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo