Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9040 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 09:40 InBlack

Are ad-blockers legal? Holy shit....

Is datamaning your browsing history, facebook page, etc. and selling that information to the highest bidder for direct in your face advertising illegal??

Man I hate sensationalist headlines...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
49. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 09:28 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:23:
"Fans" lol, now who is taking things personally? I've been very negative on Windows where appropriate. There are literally toggles in the OS to disable those things by the way, you would know that if you used it.

Sure Im taking it personally, you started attacking me for apparently being too 'clueless', 'unintelligent', 'inexperienced' and too busy 'talking out my ass' but hey, maybe now Im imagining things too...

47. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 09:21 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:09:
My guide to optimal use of Windows 10:

- Disable web search
- Disable Cortana
- Ignore the Xbox app entirely

The game DVR crap pops up on any DirectX app, I'm sure theres a way to disable it but I haven't looked yet.

I never said I hated Windows X, but apparently I need to quote your own fucking post back at you to point to shit that shouldnt even be part of a fucking OS distribution. Thank you though for reminding me that Microsoft has the most loyal fans in the world. (Apart from RSI or Cloud Imperium maybe).

44. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 08:55 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 08:39:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:31:
Yeah holy shit. Talk about a hard on for Microsoft. I never really get it, how do people end up convincing themselves that MS is looking after their best interests. Did he not get the memo where the install is full of bloat, that you need 3rd party software to remove it, and that you need a fucking firewall to disable the Microsoft's personal trojan from running in the background???

You are talking about things you clearly don't understand and have no experience with. I suggest you actually install Windows 10 so at least you're speaking from a place of experience with it. Use a virtual machine if the idea offends you so much. Before you start spouting off about Microsoft fanboys and whatnot, feel free to peruse my post history with regards to Windows 8. I'm not going to sit here evangelizing for Windows, if you don't want it then don't install it. But at least evaluate it properly so you aren't just using other peoples talking points. I don't sit around here talking crap about Mac OS X because I have little actual experience with it beyond my time with the shell environment.

Why did you take my opinion on the matter so personally Verno? I was responding to WaltC for that moronic "golden age of software development" crap he was spouting on about and besides, was anything I said not factual? Do I need to install Windows to KNOW that Im not going to like that I have to use a firewall to get rid of the invasive shit??? I never once said Windows X is shit, I listed the crap that pisses me off (and from your own experience apparently pisses you off too) and noted that it was unwise to upgrade to any OS at the beginning of an OS cycle. So yeah, what gives?

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2015, 09:03.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
45. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 06:20 InBlack

Whatever man, I was just trying to help you out by showing how GOG's platfom is completely non-invasive but I guess you already knew that and for some reason completely chose to ignore it and post a whine about the 'greed' of some publishers. (AFAIK Steam's version is still the most expensive one sold, and thats on Valve)

You do know you can add non-Steam games to Steam right?

42. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 05:16 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 04:51:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:46:
What happens after the free year is up? Do we suddenly get the privilege of paying a monthly fee? Does my OS stop working until I do so? I havent been following the development of Win10 closely so does anyone know?

It doesn't work like that. You have a 1 year opportunity to get Win10 free. If you get it within that year, it'll be free for you forever. If you didn't get it within that first year, you will have to pay for it if you want it.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarifying that.

News Comments > Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month
5. Re: Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:34:
We’re celebrating The Grand Tournament with an exciting bundle pack offer! Starting next week, players will be able to pre-purchase a bundle of 50 Grand Tournament card packs for $49.99. In addition to 50 Grand Tournament card packs ready to bust open upon launch, the bundle also includes a triumphant new card back!

So, $50 for a discount on packs and a skin... Who am I kidding, people will buy it.

Erm...you dont have to buy a single pack. Just play the arenas and evenutally you will get them all...its what I did. I actually prefer these to the PvE expansions which are most definitely payware since there is no way Im going to dump 800 Gold per wing (5 wings in total). Fuck that....

I actually quit after the last PVE expansion hit, one of the reasons why was because of the huge gold (real money) cost on some pretty essential cards.

40. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 02:46 InBlack

What happens after the free year is up? Do we suddenly get the privilege of paying a monthly fee? Does my OS stop working until I do so? I havent been following the development of Win10 closely so does anyone know?  

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox
14. Re: Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox Jul 23, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

What happens when the year is up?

*NVM, got the answer in the Win X news thread.*

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2015, 06:17.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jul 23, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 12:20:
Is this the DLC that makes it good or do we have to wait for several more yet?

Yeah this game was a major dissapointment.

39. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 02:31 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 17:42:
WaltC wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 14:30:
Win10 is more backwards-compatible with games than Win7, believe it or not. It's also much better/faster all the way around. If you have peripherals that can run under Win7/8, chances are excellent those drivers will continue to work in Win10 even if you don't own hardware made by reputable OEMs who supply timely driver updates...;)

I've been running it for most of the last year, and have been using it exclusively for the last couple of months (nuked my 8.1 installation)--I have no games that won't run; and I have no hardware that won't run. Grabbing this free update is a no-brainer...!

The desktop is the default and the start-menu is back--you can have tiles on your desktop or not have them--it's your choice. Metro is dead (unless you like Metro, in which case you can call some of it up again.) Best thing I've seen Microsoft do. Ever. And by gosh, it's free (so long as you had enough sense to buy Win7 or Win8 from Microsoft, that is.) Even if you are still holding XP/Vista in your cold, dead fingers, Win10 is worth the price of admission.

This is the only advice I'd give, however: if you don't already own a retail license to a qualifying Windows upgrade OS, then buy a retail license to Windows 10 because the retail license follows you, not your hardware--a retail license survives hardware upgrades like motherboard & cpu swaps, an OEM license does not. A retail license for Win10 is good for pretty much the rest of your life, or until they stop making x86 personal computers entirely (whichever comes first)...!

No reason I can think of for anyone not to get on this bandwagon--it's going to mean that at some point within the next 12 months the only Windows market that will exist to any degree will be the Windows 10 market--and what a boon for software that's going to be! It's going to make software development much easier, etc. I think we are seeing the beginning of a "golden age" of software, not to put too fine a point on it...

That is perhaps the rosey-ist comments I've seen on Windows 10, the ending was the cherry "golden age". Win 7 to me will be the landmark where 8 and 10 are built on that success. Improvements, sure? But 7 settled the "rebooting of a frozen computer daily (or worse) down to near nil" and that was a major step forward for pc's. Being in the job I have that alone has saved me 100's of hours per year and a lot of stress. Until I have a perfect picture of Win 10 Upgrades (forced and/or paid), I have to be somewhat pessimistic, as an O/S in general I'm sure it's good, it's enhanced Win 7. The Xbox part, yes we'll bitch about it, but as said we can simply not use it, done and done.

Yeah holy shit. Talk about a hard on for Microsoft. I never really get it, how do people end up convincing themselves that MS is looking after their best interests. Did he not get the memo where the install is full of bloat, that you need 3rd party software to remove it, and that you need a fucking firewall to disable the Microsoft's personal trojan from running in the background???
I never even said don't install ever, just noted that its always a bad idea to upgrade to a new OS right at the beginning of the OS cycle. There is never really any need to either especially seeing as Win7 still runs as great as ever...
Also why would a closed, completely controlled OS environment be a golden age for software development on Windows? IBM PC compatible software always outnumbered Apple software 10:1 at least, and closing off that walled garden is not gonna make things any easier for most...

43. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 02:22 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 13:55:
InBlack wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:22:
GOG doesnt even have a real client. Well thats not right, they have Galaxy but you dont need to use it. Just use the GOG downloader, download your game and all the patches, DLC etc. and you never have to log in again. (Unless you want to download new stuff). It's nothing like Steam, there is no DRM involved. Like I said their Galaxy client is completely optional. (Hell even the GOG downloader tool is optional, you can just follow the links on the page)
The Galaxy client is the only thing that makes GOG even slightly tolerable. I absolutely DESPISE installing games and the last thing I want to do after a clean install is to have to manually install 600 games (that's how many games I have on Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG and Battle.net).

Huh? Didnt you say that you dont like managing different accounts, and suddenly you have 600 games on Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG and Bnet...This double-speak, double-think thing you have going on doesnt just relate to Starcitizen I guess...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming Jul 23, 2015, 02:14 InBlack

On the higher skill levels the game is a lot more faster paced than either LoL or Dota. A friend of mine who is a top 10 DOTA2 player tried it about a month ago, but he couldnt get to grips with the speed of the game. Basicaly it's like a MOBA on steroids, which is why I like it I guess.  

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox
3. Re: Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox Jul 22, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

Id much rather not see Windows10 exclusives AT ALL like what happened with Vista and all the DirectX10 bullshit, but this is Microshaft we are talking about and they need those early adoption metrics to go up, up, up and away!  

4. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 09:31 InBlack

Why not wait at least 6 months, and then upgrade? People have been having issues with it, and will continue to have issues with it especially with regards to older titles (again) and hardware. I have a number of peripherals that would probably not even work with Win10, but why take the chance when Ive got everything set up perfectly?  

4. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:16:
I really want to grab this game but it's £50 / $78 on Steam, which is pathetic (new AAA games are usually £30-35 / $47-55). I can pick it up for £16 / $25 but it activates on GOG.com, whereas I own the other games on Steam and don't like managing multiple accounts.

It annoys me that prices on Steam have suddenly shot up recently, with lots of games now charging £50. I refuse to spend that much and if there isn't a decent sale any time soon I might just skip it. It's not like I have a shortage of games.

Publishers are getting greedy.

GOG doesnt even have a real client. Well thats not right, they have Galaxy but you dont need to use it. Just use the GOG downloader, download your game and all the patches, DLC etc. and you never have to log in again. (Unless you want to download new stuff). It's nothing like Steam, there is no DRM involved. Like I said their Galaxy client is completely optional. (Hell even the GOG downloader tool is optional, you can just follow the links on the page)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2015, 09:19 InBlack

How can anyone even compete with that?

(As a rule Im against competitions like the Voice, since so many contestants are all great singers, and it all turns into a reality show soft pop-clusterfuck)

2. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 09:14 InBlack

Here is my guide to optimal use of Windows 10 for gamers:

- Do. Not. Install.

There you go. Simple really. Wait for DX12 capable games people, there really is no need to upgrade at this moment you will only have issues (like with every new Windows release)

1. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 09:12 InBlack

KUDOS.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming Jul 22, 2015, 09:10 InBlack

I hope that they don't add Hero bans to the regular Hero League. There are a lot of people with only 10 or so heroes and not everyone was careful enough to pick 2 of each class...  

9040 Comments. 452 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo