Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
24. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 4, 2014, 03:18 InBlack

1, 2 years. Who gives a shit right?

I mean right about the time that they iron out all of the major bugs still left in BF4 they will release BF5 and that will be the end of that....History repeating itself.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
7. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 11:00 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 10:55:
3D Realms is legendary for its contributions to the gaming industry, as both the pioneer of the shareware model and an always generous partner who has provided both funding and guidance to game studios such as id Software

Uhm... seriously? Hate to break it to them but as far as big budget titles Apogee and ID Software were the real big pioneers of Shareware from what I remember. Not 3D Realms.

I also don't recall id Software ever once needing "funding and guidance" from 3D Realms, or any of the other number of names they dropped.

Who are these people and what delusional world are they living in?

Not to worry. Im reasonably sure someone (Beamer?) will drop any minute into the thread and explain to us mere mortals the merits of buying an empty shell of a developer for PR, marketing, and valuation purposes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 10:01 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 09:49:
what is jared leto getting kudos for? i mean, other than being disgustingly attractive and slaying legendary amounts of trim?

Erm....acting the part? Yeah thats it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 09:45 InBlack

Man Matrix was a fucking brilliant piece of filmaking. I watched it on DVD and somehow missed all the brouahaha about the movie, so when I did finaly watch it it really blew my mind. Awesome movie, that should have been left as-is. The sequels were godawful.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Ive watched most of the films in contention this year. All of them are solid movies, but McConaughey definitely turned a good movie into a great one with this performance. Also KUDOS to Jared Leto, I hate his fucking guts (30 seconds to Mars makes me want to Puke ) but he is a very girly, girly man.

DBC is well worth the watch. As are all the films in contention really apart from possibly the Wolf of Wall Street, which is entertaining but hardly Oscar material.

On a semi-related note I started watching True Detective yesterday and its fucking awesome. As in better-than-breaking-bad awesome.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 3, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Great Britain. Where mediocre games do incredibly well!  

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
1. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 09:27 InBlack

Whats in a name??  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
38. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 3, 2014, 06:39 InBlack

Why do you even bother with this (un)informed troll?? (Axis)

As for the situation in Ukraine, i think Kerry inadvertently said it best:

"You dont just, in the 21st century, behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on a completely trumped-up pretext"
- John Kerry on Russian troops entering Crimea

Oh my, the irony is sweetness itself....Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya? Need I go on???

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
10. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 10:44 InBlack

Shataan wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 10:00:
Hey lets add future support for a periferal that's still vapourware for the general masses. Imho until anyone who wants an Oculus can buy an Oculus off the shelf, then the Oculus is just a buzzword.

Have you tried the Rift?

Unlike a certain piece of software in development which shall be left nameless but which currently features a hangar, the Rift actually has an actual finished developer kit, which is fully functional but inferior to the proposed consumer version. Im thinking you have your terms mixed up somehow...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 09:50 InBlack

Sugar is indeed healthier than corn syrup. Processed cane sugar is processed by the human body roughly into 50/50 fructose and glucose. As we all know fructose is the 'bad' sugar that is processed in the liver, and is very bad for the liver. HFC on the other hand is nearly 100% fructose and is roughly twice as bad for humans as regular household cane sugar.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
2. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Optional Nickname! wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 09:22:
FTA: KNOWN ISSUE You may be able to get a better picture by setting the resolution to the native Oculus Rift resolution (1280800)

Virtual reality, in its current, past and near future forms, is laughable and a distraction.

Have you tried the Rift?

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
8. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

On a semi-related note I recently watched the opening cinematic of Diablo3: Reaper of Souls. Its just so bad on so many levels. Sure the animation and effects are impressive but the cheese is almost on Mortal Kombat level. Blizzard has pissed in their own soup and then some.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 28, 2014, 03:50 InBlack

Fucking shit, I just spent like 150$ on Flight Rudder Pedals (and shipping) like yesterday. Gonna have to wait a month or two before getting both the original and this...  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
58. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 28, 2014, 03:40 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 21:02:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 20:45:
And we all know that the second you log onto to a COD OR BF4 OR QUAKE OR Titanfall multiplayer server you immediately get owned HARD CORE. We know that too dont we?

Yeah, I'm worried about cheaters ruining this game too.

Hahahhaha, owned!

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
13. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 28, 2014, 03:06 InBlack

I was kinda hoping that this was some kind of sequel to Heretic and Hexen....

Fuck I would give my left bollock for a new Hexen, made by Raven of course....

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
44. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 04:25 InBlack

Sleep wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 04:07:
InBlack wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 03:27:
Slinkycatz wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 20:10:
Other than the cool concept art, this news is actually boring and insignificant... seeing some of you twist this into your convoluted conspiracy theories to make it match what you've personally been believing all along is ridiculous, frankly.

So telling it like it is, i.e. calling Christ Roberts out on selling a non existant space ship, for a non existing game is somehow conspiracy theory material? Wow...

No youre right, its far more likely that there isnt actually any development going on and that games should just pop out fully formed on funding, like some kickstarter gestalt. Thats how it usually happens.

What the fuck are you on about?? No one here has stated anything otherwise. If anything you are just making my point for me YES the game is in development, thats exactly the problem. We are debating the morality of fleecing people like sheep with nothing to show for it!!

People have a HUUUUGE problem with F2P games (Pay2Win) but somehow its OKAY for Chris Roberts to sell 1000$ ships for a product that IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT and has already been fully financed and then some?!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2014, 04:18 InBlack

Pumas wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 23:29:
This Man Has Survived on Pizza Alone for 25 Years, but Says Domino's Pizza Burned Him When He Had Sex With It.

Ok, now this was pretty damn funny.

42. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

Nom4d wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 01:17:
harlock wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:55:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:28:
For those who have been paying attention, Chris Robberts has said that some of the promised features will probably not be in at the launch of the game (See a few of the '10 for the Chairman' episodes for example). The intention is to keep content and features coming in for a long time after launch. I get the feeling that a lot of people have their expectations all wrong. Also entitlement and impatience.

dont forget a lack of reading comprehension.. because, as we all know.. this is clearly stated

I do like how in all three posts you've made, you've tried to mock me, but haven't actually come up with a good counter point.

In other news, it's good to see not everyone in this thread is as jaded and cynical (can't wait to see the 'at least we're realistic / not suckers' reactions to that). I for one am looking forward to the DFM in a few months.

Says the guy who cant figure out the irony in a company promising to sell a more finished product for a non existing game???? Im getting way ahead of myself though, its obvious that you are either A) employed by Chris Roberts or B) have fallen so far down the rabbit hole that you cant see the forest from the trees.

41. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 03:27 InBlack

Slinkycatz wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 20:10:
Other than the cool concept art, this news is actually boring and insignificant... seeing some of you twist this into your convoluted conspiracy theories to make it match what you've personally been believing all along is ridiculous, frankly.

So telling it like it is, i.e. calling Christ Roberts out on selling a non existant space ship, for a non existing game is somehow conspiracy theory material? Wow...

12. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 12:25 InBlack

Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:55:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:26:
"Another limited ship! So rare! Be the envy of all your friends! Get it now before it's gone - FOREVER!*"

(*not really)

Except nothing of what you said is actually a thing. It clearly states it's going to be on sale later on when it's a more finished product and it's a startership which is hardly going to inspire envy.

The exception was the sale in December which was the end of LTI and pretty much a one time thing by the looks of it.

Oh the sweet irony...

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo