Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8686 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2015, 09:00 InBlack

No need for an apology, I for one understand the human need for sleep.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:56 InBlack

Ok, speed up to 1 Mb/s on average, thats better. Anyone here with a GTX760 (or equivalent) card play the game yet, whats the performance like?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 08:34 InBlack

Bought on Good old Games, downloading as we speak.

For anyone having low download speeds, download the Good Old Games Downloader and follow the links on the GOG library page to the installer.

Do NOT use Galaxy, it appears that it's fubared at the moment.

Using the GOG Downloader Im getting about 600 Kb/s on average which is about half my full d/l speed but I guess its better than the 100 Kb/s on Galaxy or through the website links.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 08:50.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
54. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 05:52 InBlack

Ok that sounds pretty sweet. Easy to use, hard to master. I like it. Thanks Quinn. Shiiit. I think Im buying in...  

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
72. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 05:46 InBlack

Yeah, the 'closets' of Doom1 and 2 were more like army staging areas, opening them or triggering them was usually followed by a "Holy Shit how the fuck am I going to kill 50 Cacodemons and a Cyberdemon!" moment, while the Doom3 garden variety 'closet' was more like "Oh great, another 2-3 Imps just shot their load into my back"...

So basically it's the difference between "fun" and "boring".

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
22. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 05:41 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:40:
InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 03:32:
Thanks, Mashiki....Now people, give us some impressions. Most of all I am interested in the gameplay/combat. From the previews and videos I managed to deduce that the game is gorgeous, that the world is pretty large and that the quests and storyline are aweseome sauce. How is the rest of the game? Is the combat repetitive? Gimmicky? Is the freeform openworld part of the game a myth? Does it play more like an action adventure than an RPG? I need info

Enjoyable, combat is slight different from W2. Enemies are more agile, some stronger and so on. I haven't even left the first area that you start in and have ~9 hours of gameplay in, haven't even discovered everything yet. Just finishing up the quest 'treasure hunt' where you find some lost witcher schematics. I'd say it's still very RPGish, but does have some more actiony elements to it.

So for those that found the W2 lacking, they should enjoy W3.

Oh as for 'is it pretty' yeah it's damned pretty not even using sweetfx yet, fog is done very well, lighting done well. You can see at times where it was downgraded. Also just had my first hardlock while playing, in the inventory screen. Apparently there's quite a few people with the same problem. But I consider that pretty good since it's my first problem in 9 hours.

edit: Ran into something absolutly hilarious, wish I'd been recording it. Anyway, going along hacking up some deserters slice one pretty much in half. And I get a chance to talk to him, what does he say "You're fucked..."

Also if you're playing on the higher difficulties, grab "sun and stars" under the general section it'll make things a bit easier right at the start.

Sounds pretty good so far! Thanks again Mashiki! Let us (read: me) know how 'open-world' it really is once you get out of the first area, there was some concern in some of the previews that you can't just pick up and head in a random direction without wandering into higher level NPCs and monsters (which would be awesome) or without first getting a quest to travel somewhere (which would suck).

52. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

Yo! Thanks for that Quinn, keep it coming. Got some info on the combat? Is it fun or a pain?  

69. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 03:38 InBlack

Oh you didn't? Well my bad...For some reason I thought you were defending the terrible game design of Doom3, somehow justifying it's use because it frees up resources. Hey you know what else frees up resources? Not having Doom3 installed on my hard drive...  

15. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

Thanks, Mashiki....Now people, give us some impressions. Most of all I am interested in the gameplay/combat. From the previews and videos I managed to deduce that the game is gorgeous, that the world is pretty large and that the quests and storyline are aweseome sauce. How is the rest of the game? Is the combat repetitive? Gimmicky? Is the freeform openworld part of the game a myth? Does it play more like an action adventure than an RPG? I need info  

News Comments > etc.
33. Re: etc. May 19, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

Squirmer wrote on May 18, 2015, 18:44:
I mean all reasonable people already know GG is a harassment campaign perpetrated by manchildren who feel threatened by things they don't like or don't understand. After all, that's why GG was even mentioned in the report to begin with, because it was such a prominent source of abuse.

This paragraph man. Man! Oh the sweet irony contained therein!

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 19, 2015, 03:20 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:57:
Why are people not held accountable for their actions any more?

It's one thing for a person to be held accountable for thier actions, its another to blindly scream "Throw him in jail and throw away the key" without knowing all the facts and circumstances.

Especially if you live in a country which has the largest incarceration rate (per capita) IN THE WORLD!

67. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 02:55 InBlack

Give it a rest Krovven, your point does not stand. Monsters in closets are lame game design. End of story, and a lot of people have tried to explain to you why that is and how it differs from the level design and gameplay of Doom 1 & 2. Yet for someone who claims to be 42 you sure as hell don't act like it, instead you choose to whine and cry how everyone else is wrong and you are supremely in the right.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 03:03.

12. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 02:43 InBlack

Fucked up keybindings? What the hell...

Do the console 'controller' tooltips pop up too??

I fucking hope not...So...Im assuming most of you guys got the Witcher through an online store or such, how big is the download and the game when installed (asking if it will fit on my SSD)?

29. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:43 InBlack

Please be good, please be good, please be good...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2015, 09:05 InBlack

Word of advice with regards to Heroes of the Storm. Don't try to engage with people who are doing their own thing to the detriment of the team, don't try to correct them, don't even think about trying to talk sense into them, it will lead to grief & severly frayed nerves. I speak from personal experience here.

It's kind of sad to see how Blizzard games have devolved into hate fests, because of these decisions to 'streamline' the gaming, and the stupid anonymity of Bnet 2.0.

2. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 08:57 InBlack

Hoping this is not just a marketing stunt by Nvidia and these drivers are actually better for the game than their predecessors. Until someone posts (& tests) benchmarks, I call bullshit marketing stunt.

Im really looking forward to the Witcher III, still I haven't preordered since it would be hypocritical of me to do so now. Blues regulars, please don't waste time and report back on the gameplay once the game is out so I can hopefuly be only a day or two behind you if it gets the praise I think it will...

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews May 18, 2015, 08:12 InBlack

Distant Worlds? Never heard of it. I have been waiting for a decent successor to Master of Orion II for ages (no MOOIII doesn't count), I could never for some reason get into Gal Civ I & II.

I guess I want to know, is there a worthy successor to MOOII out there?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2015, 07:52 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 18, 2015, 07:47:
Beamer wrote on May 18, 2015, 07:04:
Per their Q1 report, PC was 14% of sales. PS4 was 36%, PS3 was 17%, Xbone was 17%, 360 was 14%. PC sales were actually half what they were, proportionately, the year prior.

Keep looking, you'll get there eventually.

Well his numbers don't add up. In fact they add up to 98. But that might be a typo, you on the other hand have provided no further links or numbers so where exactly are we supposed to keep looking for this 'evidence' of the PC becoming the dominant sales platform for Ubisoft?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
20. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 18, 2015, 03:57 InBlack

harlock wrote on May 17, 2015, 14:58:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 17, 2015, 14:06:
Windows 10 really scares me, it's shaping up to be the ultimate data mining platform and it's going to get massive traction because it's free. Get out of your comfort zone and support an open platform and force publishers to take our interests seriously.

yeh soon they are gonna know all your little secrets!

and nothing will ever be the same

I realize you are just being sarcastic, but it's baby steps, baby steps and OOPS what the fuck? Suddenly its 1984.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

Redmask wrote on May 18, 2015, 01:42:
Squirmer wrote on May 18, 2015, 00:55:
"Single issue" lol. I've had this Blues account since 2002, 5 years longer than you've had yours.

The age of your account is 'irrelevant' Juggle

My dick is bigger than yours, this is why my opinion is more relevant on the internet.

8686 Comments. 435 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo