Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8224 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 07:28 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 06:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 03:50:
Well, you guys go right ahead and preorder that piece of console garbage but remember that what you reap is what you sow. By preordering shit games like GTA V you are voiding your right to ever complain about the state of PC gaming or poor console ports again.
You are actively encouraging Rockstar'n'Take2 to fuck over PC gamers once more come the next opportunity. If that is what you want, sure, preorder two copies to make sure you get fucked even harder. Or three if you really want to get your brains (well, or the sad bits that are left of it anyway) fucked out for good.

To the tard who said GTA V is "only" a year late: Try 18 months. It was first released September 2013. Facts, man. Facts. Get 'em straight and shit if you wanna troll back.

Welp. I hope that sped up y'allz slow Sundays a little and to everyone who skipped their weird religion's Sunday church classes I'd say you've come to the right place to make up for it. It doesn't get any better than receiving a lesson for life by yours truly, does it now?. So. Just remember this: Supporting corps who treat you like shit is shit, mkay?

/kthxpeaceout

You will probably wanna kill yourself when GTAV is released and it turns out to be a perfectly optimized port. And not just a bullet in the head. You'd feel so horribly stupid you'd want to take a cyanide pill while someone rips your dick off.

Wow. Don't feed the trolls. Lol. Besides, I don't see him risking his dick by NOT pre-ordering. If the game turns out great, he can just buy the game then. I am always against pre-ordering as a rule, but since this is a year old port and has been greatly recieved on the consoles AND is getting a significant PC face-lift there isn't much risk here.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
15. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 16, 2015, 04:03 InBlack

No BOA or GTFO.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2015, 03:49 InBlack

Hobeaux wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 14:33:
Barbra Streisand is in full effect.

I watched the WoT pilot episode—truly awful; I wouldn't even have known of its existence if Harriet hadn't made it known by putting out the press release stating how offended she was by it.

That travesty shouldn't have been made, and the public shouldn't have been made aware once done; there was a reason it was aired in the wee hours of the morning.

Well to be fair, the WOT series turned into a piece of shit by about book 4. The first three were pretty great, but by book 6 or 7, after 3 or four IDENTICAL endings with the Dark One's clones, servants, CLONE BABY! Etc. etc. I wanted to burn Jordan's books....Truly it turned into drivel of the worst kind. About the only interesting plot after book three involved the Seanchan, all the rest was just recycled garbage filler and uninteresting characters whose names I could barely remember and Rand al Thor feeling sorry for himself and doing repeats of endings book, after book, after book....

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta
28. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta Feb 16, 2015, 02:45 InBlack

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 16:43:
The game is very dependent on VRAM. If your GPU is less than 4GB you're gonna have a bad time.

760 GTX 4GB version, so Im good there (I hope). Still, I will be waiting for release since Im guessing a good deal of polish should/will be added to the game (including performance improvments).

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta
21. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Public Beta Feb 15, 2015, 10:39 InBlack

Oh wow. Never realized this was in the works. Carmageddon was crazy fun back in the day. Will be following closely.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

Oh my.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
2. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

Vulkan wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 09:49:
It's like someone clobbered me over the head with a potato sack full of buzzwords.

Heh. Mass Effect 4...please no more.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 09:56 InBlack

I know that these preproduced trailers tell us dick-all about the actual game, but that was fucking awesome!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

Nice post. Somebody on the Blizz forunms actually cares about BOA and how anti-Diablo it is? I think I just saw some pigs fly...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
98. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 09:35 InBlack

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 07:17:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 06:53:
Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 06:12:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 02:36:
Why the fuck is this thread 90+ posts long?

1. Scientific Method

2. Hippocratic Oath

If you are still an anti-vaxxer after looking up the meaning of those two terms, then you are a close minded dumbass and I don't want to have anything to do with you.

Glad I didn't have time to respond earlier.

Your comment is just the same drivel that the media spins. I'll remain against these childhood vaccines until they are deemed safe. Meaning they don't cause any developmental issues in children after receiving their rounds.

And after reading some of the comments in this thread, I really am sad for some of you. Until you've had to take care of someone who has been harmed by vaccines you'll change your tune REAL QUICK as to how many are worth being harmed for the greater good. Shameful.

No I wouldnt. The same way I wouldn't blame a surgeon for attempting to save my child's life on the operating table and failing. Could you elaborate on how this person you cared for was harmed by vaccines?

Every medication has side-effects and many can be deadly in very rare circumstances, I feel sorry for you I do. But tomorrow I might take a perscription medicine for a simple ailment and maybe suffer horrible side effects. Does that make the medicine null and void? No it doesnt. And if you can't understand why it doesn't then there is no discussion to be had here.

Your argument doesn't make sense since the the topic is basically vaccine safety, not the effectiveness of OTC meds.

To your question, I was a house manager at a facility called Michael Dunn and the guys that I was responsible for had a wide range as to their mental handicap. Prior to that, I was in the child program to ensure the development and care of 15 children in a 30 child class. Between those two groups, half were there because of adverse reactions to vaccines. Some were autistic, others basically were lumps, and a small handful exuded tourette syndrome effects with a touch of autism.

That was just my group, but when you looked into their files is where you found a similar pattern. Family had no known family history of mental illness, child was developing normally, and after the second round of immunizations something changed, then it was like a lightbulb was slowly dying. That's the only way I can explain it.

So that's that for what it's worth. And to be clear, I'm not antiscience as that seems to be the new name calling. If a vaccine came out and was deemed safe then I'd be all for it. Even myself was harmed by vaccines as a kid, so to me that makes me even more gun shy for my child.

You do realize that there is ZERO evidence that links Autism and other mental disorders to Vaccines. The MD and researcher who originally put forth the thesis, FAKED his research. I thought your child had some adverse effects, not someone who bought into the whole AUTIMS conspiracy bullshit....Christ....One guy fakes his research, and spawns a LEGION of vaccine deniers. ONE guy. A whole ARMY of scientists proves him wrong, he gets his MD license taken away and ends up in jail, yet no one takes notice.

You sir, and your ilk are definitely antiscience. Shameful.

96. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 06:53 InBlack

Linthat22 wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 06:12:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 02:36:

1. Scientific Method

2. Hippocratic Oath

If you are still an anti-vaxxer after looking up the meaning of those two terms, then you are a close minded dumbass and I don't want to have anything to do with you.

Glad I didn't have time to respond earlier.

Your comment is just the same drivel that the media spins. I'll remain against these childhood vaccines until they are deemed safe. Meaning they don't cause any developmental issues in children after receiving their rounds.

And after reading some of the comments in this thread, I really am sad for some of you. Until you've had to take care of someone who has been harmed by vaccines you'll change your tune REAL QUICK as to how many are worth being harmed for the greater good. Shameful.

No I wouldnt. The same way I wouldn't blame a surgeon for attempting to save my child's life on the operating table and failing. Could you elaborate on how this person you cared for was harmed by vaccines?

Every medication has side-effects and many can be deadly in very rare circumstances, I feel sorry for you I do. But tomorrow I might take a perscription medicine for a simple ailment and maybe suffer horrible side effects. Does that make the medicine null and void? No it doesnt. And if you can't understand why it doesn't then there is no discussion to be had here.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 06:59.

News Comments > Game Reviews
22. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2015, 03:43 InBlack

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 00:59:
I hate reviews on video.

Mostly because you can't watch them at work? Cos thats why I hate em...

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
25. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 13, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

PropheT wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 03:13:
InBlack wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 02:15:
You are not wrong. 3.5rd edition was the last true (and best) edition of the tabletop game. After that they tried to turn the P&P game into World of Warcraft with dice. The rules now have less depth than a puddle in Sahara....

You could maybe say that about 4th edition (the WoW part, anyway), but that's not even a little true about 5th. 5th is much more like 1st and 2nd, with some of the best parts of 3rd thrown in but without all the bloat.

Well after the fiasco of 4th gen, and the utter incompetence and greed of Wizards of the Coast, I completely ignored the 5th generation. As far as Im concerned it could be the second coming and I wouldnt be interested with how they fucked me. Yes me personally. I used to be very big on D&D, i DMed quite a bit, created adventures, settings etc, had a regular group of people I played with etc. WOTC broke up all of that and broke it good with their 3.5 and 4th edition shenanigans. Fuck them.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2015, 02:51 InBlack

shihonage wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 20:13:
beremot wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 11:02:
InBlack wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:41:
As an outsider I guess I will never understand the U.S. two party democracy and it's intricacies...*sigh*

It all revolves around:

A: General stupidity on the part of the voting public, particularly in the more conservative states, and

B: A highly complacent mass media that sticks to a "he said/she said," style of reporting, as in "Republicans say they are only trying to protect consumer rights in their efforts to stop internet regulation, while Democrats say they are trying to ... bla bla bla."

In other words, unless you do your own due diligence on an issue, which many voters, of course, do not, you have no real way of knowing what's really going on, politically, in the U.S. So if one political party is willing to openly lie, again and again, about their true intentions for any given issue, that party will pay no penalty for this, and will have a sizable advantage over the party that more or less tries to play it straight.

I will leave you to guess which party is which.

The most lying party is the one governed by the Obama Administration.

A rational observer would come to this conclusion after following all the incredible scandals they've been involved with, their anti-semitism and bungling of world affairs, war-mongering with Russia, betraying Egypt and Israel, spitting on Veterans healthcare because it wasn't PR-friendly, converting IRS into Stasi, willing to sacrifice 40 Americans in Benghazi to get Obama re-elected, and generally Obama turning to shit absolutely everything he touches, as well as betraying every single even remotely moderate position he held during the 2008 elections.

It takes a special level of brainwashing at this point, in the age of freely available information, to keep your head in the sand and believe the Republicans are the Greater Evil.

You really have to wonder about a party where violent thugs shot by police have names and racial background and were oh, just about to get their doctorates in Physics, while a targeted attack of Muslim Extremists on a Jewish deli is described by Obama as a "random attack on a bunch of folks".

Maybe with Jon Stewart gone some of you will actually be forced to seek out actual news sources instead of listening to Obama Court Jesters on TV, where Comedy Central, CNN and MSNBC have become indistinguishable from state press in my home country of USSR.

Only with more giggles this time around.

G'day Komrades.

This is either the best troll attempt ever, or shihonage is really in tune with his inner robber baron.

93. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 02:36 InBlack

1. Scientific Method

2. Hippocratic Oath

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2015, 02:23 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 00:45:
So people will just claim it wasn't an act of revenge, but of love. Sharing an intimate moment of beauty with the world. Or call it art or something. I'm sure they'll find a work around in short order. Don't pose naked for people if you're uncomfortable with the prospect of other people seeing it someday. It's really that simple.

Some people enjoy filming that action with their significant other. I would never engage in that kind of activity, for the very obvious reasons we are talking about right now, but humanity is pretty dumb on average. Thinking ahead doesnt come easily or naturally to us.

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
22. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 13, 2015, 02:15 InBlack

Fion wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 17:56:
Interesting project but "based on 5th edition Dungeons & dragons' makes me a little leary that this will be yet another RPG that is D&D in name only.

I hope I'm wrong.

You are not wrong. 3.5rd edition was the last true (and best) edition of the tabletop game. After that they tried to turn the P&P game into World of Warcraft with dice. The rules now have less depth than a puddle in Sahara....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 09:41 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:22:
Lawmakers with the help of Republican FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai are also calling on Chairman Tom Wheeler to be more transparent and publicly share the draft proposal that will be voted on February 26. Of course, Ajit Pai admits that the FCC never shares these documents prior to a vote and refuses to release the draft himself.

Perhaps their calls for greater transparency would be more believable and effective if they didn't come only when they would benefit the party asking for it.

What are they exactly asking for? Better transparency or a change of the rules? I still don't comprehend how the Republican Party holds so much influence, power and sway. I mean they consistently vote against their constituents and the core tenets of their party, issue after issue after issue and yet they keep getting elected. As an outsider I guess I will never understand the U.S. two party democracy and it's intricacies...*sigh*

News Comments > EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception
2. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 12, 2015, 09:35 InBlack

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:26:
They'll just rebrand games with these and all new games as "persistent worlds". God the EFF is stupid. They don't realize they are in a war. The corporate world wants it all. They've constantly stripped consumers of their rights and corrupted the law to kingdom come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act

Sure ok. It's still a start though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2015, 06:51 InBlack

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 11:48:
BobBob wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 11:13:
After a few are built and perfected across the coast-line, the rest of the country will be asking us for water (since we live near the biggest body of water on the planet)
Now that is funny. Desalination might reduce the problem some but it's not a solution on a large scale. Not unless we suddenly resolve cold fusion and get cheap, easily available energy.

Cold Fusion is not neccesary, pure simple fusion would be quite adeqaute. (See: ITER) Actually fission is more than adequate but for obvious reasons is taboo in today's political climate. Solar energy is also getting cheaper and cheaper as well as more efficient as the technology matures. The biggest hurdle is never energy, it's power and money. As long as the fossil fuel 'club' dominates and controls energy policy things are not going to change for the better.

8224 Comments. 412 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo