Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7635 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2014, 06:23 InBlack

Fucking scaremongering propaganda propagated by the media (for clicks and viewer ratings) and the pharmacological industry. Nothing like a good swine flu, bird flu, mad cow disease, Ebola etc. etc. etc. outbreak scare every few years or so to keep the people on their toes...

Note: Im not against vaccinations, Im against sensationalism. Might as well be against water being wet...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
35. Re: etc., etc. Oct 16, 2014, 04:16 InBlack

sdgundamx wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 00:21:
The comment certainly is condescending. Glad you noticed. People like you who are out there in the forums trying to smear Anita and other speakers instead of actually attacking their arguments deserve nothing BUT condescension.

Where did I attack Anita you piece of shit troll??

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2014, 02:27 InBlack

Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 22:42:
The only show I have really wanted to watch is Game of Thrones. I've never seen one episode and couldn't name one actor or actress in it. I hope to stave off getting into it until the final season, but I doubt that will be possible seeing as how Martin isn't even finished with the book series yet.

Game of Thrones is pretty good, but it's nowhere near as good as the books are obviously. The Wire though is a purebred HBO show, and as good as it gets. Can't recommend it higher.

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 16, 2014, 02:21 InBlack

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 01:01:
What's interesting/amusing to me is how the comments for this game always come down to two fanatical sides. Much like every issue these days, there seems to be no moderation whatsoever. You're either all in, or you think it's a giant scam.

I'm dubious of their claims and promises, but think it would be great if they proved everyone wrong. I'd play the game they're envisioning, I'm just skeptical that they can actually pull it off. That being said I hope they can do it, I certainly am not routing for them to fail.

That's not true, most regulars here fall squarely into your category. We are all just too jaded to fall for the hype and have all been around the block a few times.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 10:18 InBlack

One of the worst written articles ever. Love how they simply write shit like this:

"The Utah State threat is just the latest one in the ongoing saga of Gamergate, an increasingly nasty culture war between video-game critics like Sarkeesian and a mob of gamers."

Holy fuck shit, now its a CULTURE WAR?? Goddamn ignorant bastards everywhere and the media is running amok with it. Like anyone would even dare to do some you know mabye kind of relevant background investigative reporting about the whole affair instead of just reposting the same politically correct shit (without even checking if any of it checks out) like 'culture war' to spice things up a bit.

Mainstream media is apparently just as guilty of unprofessionalism as the gaming rags.

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
4. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:20:
One thing I did find amusing is how fast the Marine runs. I think he could outpace the Quake guy.

You say that like its a bad thing...

Also really? This is the first game you played with acceleration?? That's kind of weird, by this time the Voodoo 3 was ruling supreme and Nvidia's TNT cards were quickly catching up, also Unreal was pretty much king of graphics and most games supported Glide or OpenGL. DirectX kind of sucked back then....

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
3. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:13:
Oh, shit! Best of the series, too!

Agreed. Scariest game ever. At least playing as the Marine it was. Playing with the Alien gave me a feeling of immense power, likewise with the Predator.

I also dug the second, although it never lived up to the potential of the first game it was still a satisfying experience.

Wish someone would remake the game with HD graphics etc, but Im gonna download this just to finish the Marine campaign, or at least attempt to since I always end up pissing myself and quitting...

24. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 08:36 InBlack

panbient wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 06:31:
sdgundamx wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 03:28:
Basically, if GG has taught me anything it's not that there is a huge problem with gaming journalism, it's that there's a huge problem in many gamers themselves.

This. One million times this. And only this line.

Fuck that line. Its about as condescending as it can be, its hypocritical (assuming sdgundamx is a gamer himself) and its the worst sort of a general blanket statement you can make. Sort of like this one:

Hey guess what? There's a huge problem in many HUMANS themselves! Well DUH!

Let me remind everyone that gamers are human too and so are gaming journalists. Lumping everyone in some kind of category doesnt make you look smart, it makes you look stupid and prejudiced.

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
25. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 15, 2014, 06:04 InBlack

Ok just finished the IGN review of A:ISolation. Apparently the game gets tedious after a few hours. Seems fair enough. One of the main reasons why horror games have never attracted me is that once you die a few times in the same exact way in exactly the same circumstances they stop becoming scary. The unscripted Alien in A:Isolation appears to be a solution to the problem, but even that gets old after a few hours when survival is the only real objective.  

20. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 05:45 InBlack

I take it you have heard of the axiom, there is no such thing as bad publicity? If you believe that people in the United States don't get paid for public speaking events then you are just as deluded as those idiots who are sending the death threats. Please do tell me how these death threats are silencing Anita instead of giving her ever more exposure in the media? I have nothing personal against Anita, nor do I have anything against her values, I am simply pointing out that history has shown that attempts to silence, persecute, threaten or destroy popular movements has only ever empowered them (and those who represent themselves as leaders of said movements)  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 15, 2014, 05:26 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 23:02:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:22:
Lol, why so critical, Half Elf? It all appears to be in game footage at least.

This game will definitely be worth the $9.99 or less that I'll spend on it during a Steam sale.

True but most games are only worth the $5-$10 or less sales. Helf is right though. Ubisoft has gotten way too formulaic. Even Blood Dragon - which was a hoot - was really just window dressing. Too much of the same from them over the last few years. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Speak no more heresy heathen! Blood Dragon was awesome. However that was an exception to the rule, Farcry games are barebones and devoid of soul. I hope that they eventually release a sequel to Blood Dragon, now that would be pretty cool.

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 02:31 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:49:
InBlack wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:42:
Back then though reviewers had a little bit more integrity and were not afraid to grade a game according to its actual merits.

There is some very serious misremembering going on here. Very, very serious.
And not giving enough credit to reviewers today.

Since you have such a clear and absolutely perfect memory, care to clarify what exactly Im misremembering here? Also one example out of a 100 does not make a rule or a standard. Maybe things are changing again as the industry is maturing and quality of content becomes more important than marketing but if this is indeed the case it's not there yet and it will take a while to get there.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2014, 06:11.

18. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 02:22 InBlack

I doubt that she is sending death threats to herself. But she is making them public, that much is true. Its an infinite closed loop, which feeds attention seekers (see I went out of my way not to use the 'bad' word just in case) and is certianly giving her a lot more visibility in the media and even bigger speaking/presenting $$$.

Anita's crying all the way to the bank. Oh the horror.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
9. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 15, 2014, 02:11 InBlack

noman wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 00:29:
"...Steam..."

I hope the PC version will also get released.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 12:42 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:10:
10/10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect

Perfect is literally what 10/10 means to anyone with a working brain. If a publication believes in earnest they've reviewed a flawless game (minor bugs not withstanding), great, give it 10/10. Otherwise they should stop reviewing games or stop using such a tiny scale.

I remember back in the day (90s) when PC gamer ruled supreme and people still read and bought gaming magazines. The scale was from 0-100, basically % and they got the gist of it pretty much down tight. Back then though reviewers had a little bit more integrity and were not afraid to grade a game according to its actual merits.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
8. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 12:37 InBlack

descender wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:18:
3 games, still 1 skill button. GTFO.

Heh, well said!

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
9. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 05:55 InBlack

Ward wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:06:
fantastic! I only care about the naval combat anymore, ship battles are just so much fun, fighting on decks if you get boarded. Upgrading ships cant wait. I wont even be buying Unity because of no ships

I have huge hopes for this game:

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

An age of sail simulator with a late 2014 release date (probably alpha or beta). I dont preorder games as a rule, but Im seriously considering pitching to support them as tehre are exactly "0" simulators of this variety and of this kind of fidelity. And its only 39,99$.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 02:57 InBlack

SlimRam wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:57:
Columbus Day? Hell Yeah, it's about time they gave Peter Faulk his own holiday dammit!

You win.

News Comments > Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer
3. Re: Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 10:20 InBlack

Or a *gasp* space sim.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
49. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 08:38:

InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 02:28:
They can go fuck themselves with their episodic content. I had a small tiny tingling hope that this game would turn out ok, that is crushed now.
So you'd rather wait for them to develop the entire game than play each part when it's ready? Bizarre.

You know what else is bizzare? Waiting for HL episode 3. Know what else is bizzare? Waiting for Blizzard to finish stretching their StarcraftII game into three seperate games. How many years has it been since the Terran campaign? Know what else is bizzare? Paying through the nose for content which might never ever see the light of day...or paying for virtual items for a game which is not even in beta yet. I could go on, but it would probably be pointless since you have so much invested in this that you obviously can't see the forest from the trees.

7635 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo