Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9039 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 09:03 InBlack

...and apparently Valve making so much money on other cheaper to produce shit is one of the reasons why HL3 is in development Hell

Source:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lSIaSR3zc

They bring up some good arguments, although that Mass Effect 3 argument is kind of borderline conspiracy theory nutter stuff...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
29. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 07:15 InBlack

shihonage wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 07:08:
Gruntstein wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 23:13:
Doom wasn't solely about speed. It was also about methodically exploring your way through levels that often had branching paths. You could run into a room guns blazing, but you could also find cover and pick off enemies as they approached your position. Fighting your way through a typical Doom level was a very dynamic experience. This is why Serious Sam didn't really capture the feeling of Doom and why this game will probably feel more like Serious Sam than Doom.

Doom wasn't an arena. It was a maze.

Good, now I don't have to post this. This new Doom looks like it will fail to capture Doom gameplay just as the countless knockoffs did over the years.

Serious Sam series is a prime example of how nobody understands the ingredients which made Doom a classic series.

And you base these assumptions on what exactly? That it will feature fast paced gameplay??? On the 15 minutes of gameplay video we've seen that featured what I assume to be the first level and a part of a level in hell?? (That were IMO rather simple, but still pretty awesome) I agree that Doom 1 & 2 featured some never before and since seen level design, and I really doubt that this sequel will reach those heights but why automatically assume that it will have Serious Sam Arena levels?

27. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 06:39 InBlack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4ZxfbtVM8

Map Judas, pretty fast paced

24. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 05:42 InBlack

Jerykk wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 04:58:
Also, Doom was fucking fast. It was faster than any iD game ever released before or since.

Eh, not so sure about that. Quake with strafe jumping is pretty damn fast.

Yeah well there was no jumping in Doom, so there is that. However Doom is definitely not slower than Quake, up until fairly recently Ive been playing Doom on Zdaemon (which is as close to the original Doom2.exe gameplay as it gets) and trust me on this it's insanely fast paced.

22. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 02:10 InBlack

Gruntstein wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 23:13:
Doom wasn't solely about speed. It was also about methodically exploring your way through levels that often had branching paths. You could run into a room guns blazing, but you could also find cover and pick off enemies as they approached your position. Fighting your way through a typical Doom level was a very dynamic experience. This is why Serious Sam didn't really capture the feeling of Doom and why this game will probably feel more like Serious Sam than Doom.

Doom wasn't an arena. It was a maze.

Have you even played doom1 or 2? What cover, there was no cover back in 1994. Also, Doom was fucking fast. It was faster than any iD game ever released before or since. Sure you could press caps lock and go slow. But in multiplayer especially you could really go at extreme speeds when strafe-running. There was also the infamous wall-speed-hack when wall strafing north. Serious Sam was a pretty good Doom clone. Thats it. Saying that this game isnt going to be like the first two games because "speed" doesnt make much sense...

Also the arena comments refer to multiplayer, there is not much we can infer from them regarding the single player campaign.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
6. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 26, 2015, 06:43 InBlack

Well I would have liked a spectate mode, and some dedicated servers. Hopefully this doesn't mean the game doesn't have them, but it probably does. I hope I'm wrong about this..  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2015, 09:25 InBlack

Christ, that interview was almost impossible to read through. Had to force myself through it. What a complete and utter fucking tool. Unbelievable, Randy Pitchford represents the worst that this industry has to offer. I had sort of an inkling what kind of person he might from what Ive read before about him, but this interview....wow, just wow...

The interviewer pulled a lot of punches though, and didnt even come prepared for the interview (even though he knew he was going to be talking about A:CM) even so, with Eurogamer happily sucking on Randy's knob and fielding him lightweight questions, he comes across as a total egomaniac asshole who in his mind can do no wrong...

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
1. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 09:13 InBlack

Well, that looks kind of ..... meh?

I didn't even know that 3d Realms still existed. How is that even possible?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
53. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 07:54 InBlack

Krowen wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 07:34:
InBlack wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 02:27:
Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 16:18:
Ill give you another good reason why you need and should have an adblocker on your pc while browsing.

Krypto Virus. that is a nasty virus that you do not want on your pc. it will go out an attack all your personal data and any shares you have on your network and do the same.

Good luck recovering any files if you don't have a good back up. and yes, just a random pop up can contain this nasty ass virus encryption.

This also goes in line with making sure you have a good Antivirus program installed.

I havent had any problems so far. I call it responsible surfing. Im really smart about those kinds of things.

You're probably infected right now is the hilarious thing.

That would probably be true if my surfing habbits mirrored your own.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 17:15:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

in case no one's heard yet, they found the first earthlike planet around a sunlike star in its habitable zone.

Yup. Though it's not the first. More like the 200th. Really underwhelmed by the news. Sure it's a rocky planet like Earth, sure it's right smack in the middle of the goldilocks zone but it's diameter is 1.6 times that of earth, and its mass is like 6 times that of earth. The only new thing compared to the hundreds of other exoplanets they found is that it's star is very, very similar to the Sun. In fact it could almost be a twin, although it's about a billion years or so older. Oh yeah, it's 1500 lightyears away, so no way their new James Webb telescope mission will be able to detect whether there is water or oxygen in it's atmosphere....

49. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 02:27 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 16:18:
Ill give you another good reason why you need and should have an adblocker on your pc while browsing.

Krypto Virus. that is a nasty virus that you do not want on your pc. it will go out an attack all your personal data and any shares you have on your network and do the same.

Good luck recovering any files if you don't have a good back up. and yes, just a random pop up can contain this nasty ass virus encryption.

This also goes in line with making sure you have a good Antivirus program installed.

I havent had any problems so far. I call it responsible surfing. Im really smart about those kinds of things.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2015, 02:21 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 19:43:
Heh, that was awesome. Also, the last place I'd expect to see something like that is in Japan, the country of conformity (although it has loosened up a bit past couple of decades).

A country of conformity? Thats pretty much a myth...They are very traditional in their outlook compared to most western countries, but thats basically where you can draw the line with the comparisons. I would love to visit Japan sometime, it's culture has always fascinated me.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans
7. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans Jul 24, 2015, 02:11 InBlack

I still played Doom up until a few years ago (Zdaemon, Zdoom). Map1 (from Doom2) is probably still one of the best 1 on 1 duel deathmatch maps. From what Ive seen of the new Doom, they are going back to their roots and that is a good thing. I didn't preorder New Order so I guess no Doom MP beta for me, but you gotta hand it to these marketing assholes. Brains are not their strong suit: "Join the multiplayer beta, if youve preordered this single player game!!""

/facepalm.

Yeah, Im sure their feedback will be invaluable...

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 02:39.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans
6. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans Jul 24, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 21:15:
Just give me a new Quake-type game, vehicles, big bases, and some twitchy (but not too fast, im old now) fun.

Vehicles? Big Bases? This game is not for you man...

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 14:07 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 12:50:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 12:33:
I don't have any kind of ad-blocker installed. Mostly cos I'm too lazy to bother with it, but I also rarely visit sites that have too many or intrusive ads. Blue's is one of them.

All I can say to you InBlack is not having an add blocker on your pc is like not wearing a condom when your at a whore house. your taking a big chance not using one.

Its actually very simple to install. You just goggle it and say install from chromes app store and its done.

Well that's an interesting analogy...What can I say, at least Im a paying customer

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 14:05 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:20:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

They've rec'd a digital transmission from a planet of a being standing in front of 1000's of other like beings, which seems that the one being is verbally communicating to the rest of them while pointing one of their extremities in the air.

Did you just invoke Godwin's law, without invoking Godwin's law? If you know what I mean

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 12:33 InBlack

I don't have any kind of ad-blocker installed. Mostly cos I'm too lazy to bother with it, but I also rarely visit sites that have too many or intrusive ads. Blue's is one of them.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 23, 2015, 09:41 InBlack

Who wants to bet that "Logan's run" remake will get turned into a teen fiction pukeworthy piece of shit?  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 09:40 InBlack

Are ad-blockers legal? Holy shit....

Is datamaning your browsing history, facebook page, etc. and selling that information to the highest bidder for direct in your face advertising illegal??

Man I hate sensationalist headlines...

9039 Comments. 452 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo