Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8695 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
18. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

It was a First Person SHOOTER Diablo mash-up, and the reason it was bad is the shooting completely sucked. I still played it a lot, though, because there was no Borderlands back then and turns out the idea of FPSRPG in itself is a pretty fucking fun one.

I have said it before, and Ill say it again Hellgate London was an awesome ARPG. What it was definitely NOT was an MMO, it was marketed as such, and this is the reason why it failed. Shame really, it's gameplay mechanics were really unique.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
15. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:41:
It's not like the bait and swtich of Aliens: Colonial Marines, far from it.
No, its not. And its not the point.

So which is it? Is it a bait and switch or isn't it?

8. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:28:
Marketing is a tough balancing act as Ubisoft has found out recently with backlash over their displayed vs actual products. In the case of The Witcher 3 I find the game overall to be so nice looking that I don't mind any downgrades.

Yeah, some people need to get over their entitled bullshit egos. The Witcher3 looks and runs GREAT. Even on older hardware. They figured these things out as they went along, and like any responsible game developer they optimized and adapted their game according to the time/funds available to them.

It's not like the bait and swtich of Aliens: Colonial Marines, far from it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 21, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

Looking forward to the calm and reasoned discussion that will ensue.

I just had to repost the top comment on that ARStechnica Briana Wu story

3. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:16 InBlack

Called it a few days ago when these concerns were first voiced!

It's good to see that the devs are so open and honest about it, but in all likelyhood they would have stayed silent if (I believe it was one of their former employees?) the guy who broke the story stayed silent on the issue.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 08:45 InBlack

nin wrote on May 21, 2015, 08:38:
InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 08:25:
Broke down and reserved an ASUS GTX970 at one of the local stores here. Just couldnt bear not enjoying this beautiful game as its meant to be played...Picking it up after work.

So...can I just pop my GTX760 out and pop my GTX970 in with no issues? Will my driver just recognise the new card or should I uninstall my old card in the device manager or something???

Uninstall your old video drivers, kill the power, and swap the card. Optionally select the install option about "clean install" with the new drivers.

Ok, Ive read on other sites that I can just pop the card in but I will do it this way as Im pretty sure its safer. Do I need to remove Geforce Experience as well? Or do I just uninstall the old drivers in "Programs and Applications" and just take it from there?

27. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 08:25 InBlack

Broke down and reserved an ASUS GTX970 at one of the local stores here. Just couldnt bear not enjoying this beautiful game as its meant to be played...Picking it up after work.

So...can I just pop my GTX760 out and pop my GTX970 in with no issues? Will my driver just recognise the new card or should I uninstall my old card in the device manager or something???

26. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 05:29 InBlack

Witcher 3 graphics settings explained (good tweak guide too):

Graphics

25. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 05:07 InBlack

Ok, will do Mordecai. Thanks again.  

23. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Word of warning, don't download the latest Nvidia drivers, they are noticably slower than the previous (GTAV) drivers in the Witcher3. You have been warned...

(They also appear to be more stable, i.e. not a single crash or hang up in a 3.5 hour playsession yesterday)

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 05:06.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Yeah I dont get it, this is the first 3rd person game Ive tried in a long time which didn't autodetect my gamepad.

Anyway thanks for the help, so either motionjoy or x360ce emulators. Will give them a go.

The game looks great on my huge Plasma, much better than on my monitor, so I want to give it a go with a controller from a more leisurely position.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 05:07.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 02:42 InBlack

I like Steam. It's convenient. With that said I did buy the Witcher3 through GOG, and I avoid using Steam wherever possible for one simple reason. Competition in game distribution services is GOOD!

People saying "GOG is the best!" or "STFU STEAM RULES!" are clueless. These companies don't give a shit about you, they want to make you their bitch. So instead of doing your fanboi shit, wake the fuck up and do what's best for you THE GAMER, look for the best deal and spread that money around, in the end thats what benefits us gamers best.

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
19. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 21, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on May 20, 2015, 23:09:
I liked the combat system. Felt pretty satisfying to score kills.

Yep, probably the best combat system in any MMO ever. Such a shame that they dropped the ball on the end game content (There was enough mid game content, it just wasnt the 'handholding' kind of the first twenty levels). This is why I quit playing an otherwise great game, the biggest draw of the game, the end game PvP and keep sieges were just MiA.

As for the griefing and ambush kills etc. well they arent for the carebear WoW type thats for sure, this was a violent adult game with a strong focus on PvP...

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 14:59 InBlack

Ok, help me out guys. Im freaking out here and feel like a total noob for not getting this. How the hell can I enable my Logitech Rumblepad 2 to work with the Witcher 3...

The Gamepad works fine in the calibration sofrware in Windows, but for some reason I cant find an option to enable it in game. The game doesnt seem to be autodetecting it....what gives...??

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 09:12 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2015, 08:57:
So CDPR gimped the game out of greed to tap into the console markets and in the end everyone loses regardless. And there seems to be a ton of stability issues for PC players to boot. I hear it crashes more than Crash Bandicoot crashing a party. Nice play, Shakespeare.

I can't wait to go home today and sit down with the Witcher3. This might be the first game in a long time that I will run around and do all the sidequests since they are all so damn well writen, it's so damn refreshing to see there are absolutely no MMO gameplay mechanics in this game. Im gonna be really sad when I finish this game that's for sure. As for crashes I have had one so far. So, save often is probably the best advice for now, I have yet to run into any other showstopping bugs and the game runs much better than I expected it to on my humble 760 GTX, with more patches stability and performance can only go up.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
1. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 08:44 InBlack

"24,837 have been banned for cheating", "remaining 163 players will have to play by themselves".

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 08:15 InBlack

I think the matchmaking algorithms and software have come a long way since W3. However in a 5vs5 game you have 10 players that have to be at least roughly of a similar level. (You can gain and lose levels in the league), with the closed beta there just arent enough people online at the same time for the matchmaker to do its magic. This will hopefully change for the better once they release the game and the influx of new players grows.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
57. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 20, 2015, 05:30 InBlack

Back on topic: Anyone know if these drivers improve stability with the Witcher3? Im using the previous version (I think they were released concurrently with GTAV for the PC) and already had one hard lock after about a 2.5h gameplay session.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

Slick wrote on May 20, 2015, 03:32:
InBlack wrote on May 20, 2015, 02:07:
I'd have to say around 4.5, 5 GB max. HOTS is going on the backburner for a while, until I finish or get bored with the WitcherIII. The open beta and eventual release is very welcome. The game needs a large player base for the matchmaking to work, right now its fubared.

how is it fubared? i've been playing for the last month, and only a handful of times has it taken longer than 60-70 seconds to find a match. once it took 250 seconds, but that was a 1 time anomaly. played maybe 50 matches so far.

Slick.1980 i play a mean hammer

Im not talking technically, that has the typical Blizzard polish. Im talking about matching people of similar skill levels. I play Hero League almost exclusively now, and it's just not working. There are not enough players with a similar Win/Loss record (or rank) so usually one or both teams end up with at least 1 terrible player who ruins the game for everyone else.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
67. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 03:57 InBlack

For me, the Witcher falls somewhere in the middle between action adventure and story driven RPG, with some great worldbuilding and openworld thrown in just for some good measure. It's a strange mix, but if done well (like in this case) it works pretty great. There are very few games that mix and match parts of different genres & turn out pretty great. Bioware comes to mind as a prime example of a developer that has completely streamlined all of their RPGs, but at the same time hasn't added any really new or fun game mechanic or system to make up for it and at the same time has somehow lost all touch with what made their games fun in the first place.

This game makes the third Dragon Age look like Super Mario really...

8695 Comments. 435 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo