Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6674 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 04:02 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:30:
60 % of Americans believe the stories in the bible literally: Genesis, Noah's arc, etc. So the fact that they think HTML is a disease is completely pedestrian.

I only know what HTML and SEO are because I work in the industry. If I didn't, I might still know because I like reading about technology, but people with other interests may not. For example, what does ATM mean to you?

That many?? I think that figure is bogus, I mean why arent there more witch burnings and lynchings in the street then?? Because if that figure is correct things of that nature should be happening every day...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
34. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:41 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:33:
descender wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:01:
Which is exactly the same as D2 was. Play a build, get bored with it, reset your stats. NO ONE played "multiple builds" of the same class up into the higher levels... what would be the purpose of that? You could simply reset your stats and have a brand new build every time you played.

My memory is probably a bit hazy but respecs weren't added until like 2010 dude, the game had been out for something like 10 years already at that point. So yeah people did play that way for a long, long time. In fact they played that way a lot longer than they played with respecs.

That said, people should remember how much each patch changed Diablo 2 and give Diablo 3 another chance. The awful producer is gone and the new loot system I saw on the PS3 owned, I am definitely picking the combo PS4 xpac/main game. I have zero hope for the shitty story but the rest of the expansion looks like a big improvement. But hey its your money and it's not like there's a shortage of other ARPGs.

Indeed, from what people have mentioned on this thread it seems that they have taken things in the right direction. I wonder if it will still have longevity but depending on whether some of my Diablo buddies take it up again I might give it another whirl. Its a shame that storywise they have taken the cartoony wow route but I can live with that if the gameplay is good. Whats this about bind on acount items, why in the world would they introduce that awful gameplay mechanic? Is it prevalent? What kind of items are bound?

31. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:22 InBlack

I also think you should apologize to Ward. You totally shat on his decade long epic journey of trying and playing with diffrent builds, taking the time to perfect them all for Uber Diablo runs or PvP or whatnot and then making shit up with ad-hominem attacks with an unfounded claim that wasnt true for 99% of the time that D2LOD was live.  

30. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:16 InBlack

descender wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:14:
This wasnt possible in Diablo2, you are making this up.

Once again people's memory of D2 ain't quite what it used to be. It was most certainly possible.

Once each difficulty you were given an option of resetting your stats. On top of that, in Hell you could collect an essence from each boss and transmute it into a token that reset your stats.

Which makes all this bellyaching about different "builds" completely pointless.

I have played D2:LOD for YEARS, and have never seen this, I assume this is post 1.12 patch? Besides reseting STATS is not exactly the same as reseting SKILL points is it?? Remember skill points? Those things that you spent in trees? Yeah...

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews Mar 4, 2014, 12:14 InBlack

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:09:
Loved the update on Star Citizen.

Looking forward to testing out the dog fighting next month.

Next month you say??

*Que evil demonic laughter*

27. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:10 InBlack

descender wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:01:
Which is exactly the same as D2 was. Play a build, get bored with it, reset your stats. NO ONE played "multiple builds" of the same class up into the higher levels... what would be the purpose of that? You could simply reset your stats and have a brand new build every time you played.

This wasnt possible in Diablo2, you are making this up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2014, 10:48 InBlack

Travolta name: Vincent Bazeel...

Beatnik

19. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:46 InBlack

Xero wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:44:
If there is one thing I dislike it has to be the way they changed the difficulty where you can change it at any time and no more staged difficulty levels. Sort of feel like this way they've done can get boring eventually although I'll enjoy playing for a bit longer now with the changes. Not sure if I'm ready to pay for the expansion yet though.

How does this work exactly? Chaning the difficulty settings on the fly?? Huh? What about Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno....??

16. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:37 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:31:
Now your characters and skills are modified by legendary secondary stats. Of which there are MANY. And they change how characters play, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.

Well this is news to me, the legendaries that I saw while I was still playing were terrible with regards to how they affect skill damage and skill loudout. If they have corrected this, that is indeed a step in the right direction, as long as you can have reasonable access to this kind of gear.

12. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:57:
Still think it was ALL about the loot?

Yes, I do. That's why you keep playing, to get the next shiny thing.

Fair enough. Different strokes I guess. I guess this is why PoE appeals a lot more to me than D3 ever did. Apparently most people just want phat loot, I wanted to find cool ways of killing things more efficiently...Oh and hardcore PvP was always fun too...:D

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 10:24 InBlack

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:12:
Screw you guys I'm going home. To play it. After work I mean.

Heh. Give us your impressions please. I didnt have a clue that Obsidian made this game. I need to pay more attention to things like that...

6. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:49 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:31:
Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion.

Did you read the patch notes?

They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds.

Wildly disagree with that. To me, the game was always about loot. Like, totally.

Think back, think back to Diablo2:LOD please. Think of the builds you tried or attempted to make, think of the Javazon, the Burizon, the Hammerdin, the Zealot, the Warcrier Barbarian.....the myrad number of possible builds for every simple class.

A lot of those builds depended on specific loot items and combinations (Still missing in Diablo3)

A lot of those builds depended on specific skill tree progressions and synergies (Still missing in Diablo3)

ALL of those builds were playable on the hardest difficulty even without the best equipment (Unless you spent your points willy nilly, but Still missing in Diablo3)

Also, (mostly) completely random levels, mini bosses, monster placements. Nuff said.

Also replayability, why would you ever roll more than one character of each class in D3??

Still think it was ALL about the loot?

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 09:56.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Wow. Just wow, complete lack of comprehension on your part. Sorry but what exactly are you trying to prove?? That the West and Russia have vested interests in the Ukraine?? Well DUH! Have you even read my post? Or did you stop at "A far cry..."?  

2. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 09:27 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:12:
Watched a video on Adventure Mode last night (thanks pyide @ teh shack), and I have to say, it looks really fun.

Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion. The new loot system is exactly the same, except now loot will drop more in line with your character. The same three stat boring piece of shit +STR, +DEX, +VIT items continue to reign supreme. The skill system is unchanged. Your character opens up all of his skills at 60, and from then on its pretty much GRIND MODE. They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds, something you cant have with boring stat based and dmg based loot, and especially something you cant have when every single player has exactly the same cookie cutter builds, forced on you by lazy game design...

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Mar 4, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Christ Roberts: "launching the DFM will be akin to launching a major online game"

I swear CR is on an ego trip the size of the Milky Way...

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2014, 06:17 InBlack

Task wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 22:30:
I lulzed, good actors.

Anyways, Ukraine isn't part of NATO. Washington will twiddle their thumbs and throw rhetoric around like "Russia violates International Law," while quietly supporting the Svoboda Nazi party in Ukraine, while McCain poses with a known Neo-Nazi. And not to mention the hypocrisy of the U.S. and NATO having violated International Law itself for 50+ years. And Russia, which doesn't want Nazi's on its borders, under its 2010 agreement is allowed to station a specific number of troops in Ukraine via Sevastopol harbor. But what is most certain is that Fascism is fostered by the West, just like how WW2 started.

For a good readings, I suggest this.

Anywho, Peace.

Although there are right-wing elements present in the unity government in Ukraine they are hardly the majority. In fact its just down to one guy and he has refused to enter the interim government and has instead opted to create his own political party and to run in the next presidential elections.
This is a long cry from "Fascim fostered by the West". Putin is making use of the situation but its nothing to do with any of the reasons put out by Kremlin or the US. His reasons are simple and very easily discerned though, and they are two-fold. Bear with me:

1. Domestic standing: There is no doubt that Putin's "street cred" will go up in Russia due to his rhetoric of protecting Russian interests and Russian expats. It has been a promise in his every election campaign so far and even though he is a de-facto dictator he is of a rare breed that actually tries and actually manages to deliver. His popularity with the common man in Russia will soar.

2. International relations: Putin needs to retain the image of a powerful and potent Russia on the international world stage. This has very little to do with the US and the EU. Ukraine is lost to him now, but other countries that have had and continue to have close relationships with Russia will see from his actions in Georgia and now Crimea that turning away from Russia will and does have consequences.

I dont agree with what this guy is pulling, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Russia will hurt economically if there is a prolonged conflict in Crimea, but Putin has shown time and time again that he doesnt care about Big Money and Big Capital as long as Russian national and political interests are served. None of the European or Western leaders in recent history have ever shown that they care about their citizens as much as they care about serving the interests of the big corporate lobbies.

One other thing I would like to add about Paul Craig's (very) limited view on the situation in Ukraine. He somehow manages to dismiss the importance and relevance of 40 Million of Ukraine's citizens. Ukraine and its citizens dont exist in a vacuum, but still the hubris of Craig and others of dismissing their own role and their own reasons for the revolution is arrogant and ignorant. No one mentions the fact that Yanukovich and his elite have managed to empty the coffers of Ukraines treasury of 70 Billion dollars in the time they have been in power. No one mentions the fact that Yanukovich's son, who is a dentist by trade, has managed to acumulate nearly 2 Billion dollars JUST in the last two years. No one mentions the failed state and the elite who have prospered and the people who have suffered. Im sure that the West and Russia have a vested interest in the revolution in the Ukraine, but neither the West or Russia fully understand or grasp their own irrelevance in the way these events have played out and the very real reasons for the revolution in Ukraine.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 08:22.

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
23. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 4, 2014, 04:24 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 19:32:
Hellbinder wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 13:08:
You guys are fucking idiots. Every fucking day every single topic endless reams of ignorant mindless shit talking.

If you are going to talk shit then at least take a few seconds google some information so have some fucking idea what the hell you are popping off about.

I recall the last conversation I had the pleasure with you. We found out you were wrong and it was backed by links to prove it. Lot of Irony in those vitamins.

Nothing you say will ever convince him of that fact. In his mind he will always be right, and you will always be wrong. There is no getting past that, it comes with the territory. Its for that same reason that he continues to believe that Bluesnewsers are worshipers of the Devil and that only Hellbinder's version of the truth, is Truth.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
24. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 4, 2014, 03:18 InBlack

1, 2 years. Who gives a shit right?

I mean right about the time that they iron out all of the major bugs still left in BF4 they will release BF5 and that will be the end of that....History repeating itself.

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
7. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 11:00 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 10:55:
3D Realms is legendary for its contributions to the gaming industry, as both the pioneer of the shareware model and an always generous partner who has provided both funding and guidance to game studios such as id Software

Uhm... seriously? Hate to break it to them but as far as big budget titles Apogee and ID Software were the real big pioneers of Shareware from what I remember. Not 3D Realms.

I also don't recall id Software ever once needing "funding and guidance" from 3D Realms, or any of the other number of names they dropped.

Who are these people and what delusional world are they living in?

Not to worry. Im reasonably sure someone (Beamer?) will drop any minute into the thread and explain to us mere mortals the merits of buying an empty shell of a developer for PR, marketing, and valuation purposes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 10:01 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 09:49:
what is jared leto getting kudos for? i mean, other than being disgustingly attractive and slaying legendary amounts of trim?

Erm....acting the part? Yeah thats it.

6674 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo