Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7916 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
29. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 26, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

No one here is hating on Starcitizen! If you could open your eyes and see past that fanboi myopia you could maybe see that. People are frustrated by the way the development of Starcitizen is proceeding and how apparanently all that's being done is that money is being fleeced from doe eyed fanbois while there is very little game to show for it. No one likes the P.T. Barnum act, at least no one with half a brain, and right now those who you call 'haters' are simply people who are concerned that things have gone too far.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 22:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 21:49:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 20:55:
I just ate blue cheese.

I will never eat blue cheese again.

Can't be just the cheese. Muy wife makes stuffed pork chops with apples, blue cheese, asparagus and a couple other things. That is the only way I can eat blue cheese.

My mah and brah love the stuff, I can't stand it. I just don't get how mold can be an appealing taste.

It's an acquired taste. This goes for all the soft french cheese. I hated the stuff when I was a kid but a few years ago my something in my palate changed I guess. Now I can't get enough of the stuff. People's taste receptors change as they get older. It is known.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

RiP Abdullah. Long live the King.

Democracy is overrated

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Hmmm. Said the pot to the kettle.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
30. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 23, 2015, 03:21 InBlack

I guess its better to wait for this to go F2P. Or tits up. Whichever comes first.  

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
66. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 23, 2015, 02:30 InBlack

Parias wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 00:25:
Assuming it all works as advertised - which, who knows. We'll have to see.

And thats really the crux isnt it? The whole thing sounds too damn ambitious to be anything other than a pipe dream.

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
12. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 23, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

My 760 is chugging along nicely thank you very much. Ive been looking at the 970s though, their benchmarks look awesome.  

News Comments > Grow Home Next Month
7. Re: Grow Home Next Month Jan 23, 2015, 02:06 InBlack

The Star Plant needs more canabinoids. BUD is not happy....  

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
8. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

Bradley wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:40:
Let the 2 minutes of hate begin.

But who hates the haters?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 22, 2015, 09:29 InBlack

I might check out Evolove if there is some positive word-of-mouth feedback from the Blue's community. (Assuming someone here will actually buy it, no one seems too keen on the idea) I really liked L4D.  

3. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

Literaly the only thing that interests me (that has ever interested me since Starcitizen was announced way back when) in this whole crazy development stunt/idea/experiment is Squadron42. It should have been the obvious thing for the team to concentrate on, especially with the experience CR has had in developing Wing Commander. Arguably the space sim that started it all. Why is it being released in an episodic fomrat? Why has it been relegated to last place, after the social interaction minigame (WHAT THE FUCK?), or the fucking FPS? How much will each episode set me back, and how long will it take for all the episodes to be released (how many will there be) and at what cost? Fuck the rest of that circus act, Im not interested in playing with Starcitizen's version of facebook, or the FPS or the Arena Commander garbage Mechwarrior Online in Space BS. I want a great single player game in the vein of Freespace2 and Wing Commander and all Im getting from this whole thing is a feeling that Chris Roberts wants to milk me dry for the privilige of waiting for something that might or might not ever be released in its entirety!  

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
20. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 05:31 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 04:32:
InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 02:19:
Are Microsoft hinting they are truly well and done with PC gaming? Fuck PC games, or even console ports. You dont need them. Just STREAM Xbox games on the PC....*sigh*

Something tells me you're reading just a bit too much into this...

Probably. Although it never hurts to expect the worst from MS.

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
42. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 22, 2015, 03:07 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 18:31:
Parias wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:34:
What's the problem?
There is no problem, I just didn't understand the reason why you need alpha test patches for an alpha software.

Exactly this.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
42. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Going F2P in March Jan 22, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:05:
There you go, one year later and F2P.

I'm wondering what benefits I will have being a former payer who paid for the game.

You get the benefit of knowing better next time. Stay away from garbage MMO's, no matter whats written on the box.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
17. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

Are Microsoft hinting they are truly well and done with PC gaming? Fuck PC games, or even console ports. You dont need them. Just STREAM Xbox games on the PC....*sigh*  

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
35. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 21, 2015, 17:07 InBlack

Iurand wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:56:
Iurand wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:31:
It's new build and it need to to be mass tested. What's so hard to understand?
Ok I see so a new build needs to be mass tested by all the backers to be "released" to the exact same people.
Got it.

Are you suggesting they should release new build without testing it first?

Well since the Arena Commander is hardly a complete game and is updated on a regular basis and is actually an Alpha itself then...yes. There is no point to this other than as pure marketing BS. They appear to be giving 'something' new to the community while in fact they are giving them just another newer build of the Arena Commander.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
15. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2015, 04:30 InBlack

Programming netcode (a standard of FPS shooters for the last twenty years or so) is a piece of cake when compared to programming procedurally generated 3d levels.

Whats the thing with procedural generation anyway, its like the 'hip' programming bandwagon that everyone and their grandmother wants to be on these days?

Just gimme a great smooth twitch based engine with a charming and unique weapons loadout and some dedicated server arenas where I can duke it out with friends.

In any case I wish them luck, the trailer is great and the gameplay looks reasonably cool. Im not down for it though, Ive never played the old school FPS shooters for their campaigns (apart from Dark Forces!) and Im not about to start now.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2015, 05:26.

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
35. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 21, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

Oh man, thinking of picking up Alliance and Dark Forces. Just for nostalgia's sake. I know Im spoilt by modern age graphics though, playing through them would only probably spoil the nice memories of the games. Still worth it, if only maybe to show Lucasarts that once upon a time they actually made games that people gave two shits about.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

Desalus wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 20:45:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 20:26:
STRAFE® by Pixel Titans — Kickstarter. "BLEEDING EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY, 1996©."

No idea if this game is going to be any good or not, but this is one of the greatest KS pitch videos I've ever seen. Kudos to them.

I concur. Definitely the best I have ever seen.

Indeed. Looks fantastic. Has a huge '-' sign though. No multiplayer. Not even 4 player deathmatch. Sorry but all the greatest 90's gibfests had a great multiplayer component. Whats the point of bringin back 90s gameplay and graphics if youre not going all in and giving people the retro feel of Quake multiplayer??

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 09:27:
somebody needs to if we are gonna want wireless petabit connections one day

I think Google are more interested in undercutting carriers (or ISPs) completely.

7916 Comments. 396 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo