Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8664 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM2 E3 Trailer
11. Re: XCOM2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 03:50 InBlack

Anyone else find it really, and I mean really fucking stupid that the target of that resistance fighter squad was a FUCKING STATUE??? Holy shit, I mean Im looking forward to this game but that's terrible writing 101. Why would an elite fighting unit trying to liberate earth from an oppressive alien government risk valuable soldiers to bomb a fucking statue??  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 17:53 InBlack

There is the question of how the pilots managed to land the plane if they were both blinded. I mean if they were really blinded, there is no way they could have brought that plane down. So while I do agree that shining a bright light into someone in a flying plane is a horribly stupid and potentially very dangerous thing to do, and could cause a pilot to lose control of the plane, I don't think those pilots were seriously injured. We might as well be sentencing people for driving in traffic with their headlights turned on high. (That might actually be a pretty good idea, god that pisses me off).  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 23, 2015, 04:15 InBlack

Yeah, but how does it handle turns?  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm PTR Next Week
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm PTR Next Week Jun 20, 2015, 06:43 InBlack

I just had 6 losses in a row, fuck HOTS and fuck Blizzard. Its too much of a crapshoot, just one guy fucking up is enough to throw the game. AAAAAARGGHHHH MEGANERDRAGE!!!!!!  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content
9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 19, 2015, 18:51 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 16:56:
InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:18:
Blue wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:11:
InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:01:
Always welcome new Heroes, and it's good that they are Diablo heroes, because the Diablo heroes currently in the game (Diablo, Tyreal, Sonya) with the exception of Valla, are very underpowered.

Don't overlook Nazeebo... he's kind of a monster.

Yeah I forgot about Nazeebo, I wouldnt really call him a monster though. That ring of corpses he has is nice, but I hardly see anyone ever pick him on Hero League. An average monster at best...

Here is a quick tip for those just getting into the game, the best, read most competitive (Tier1) Heroes currently are:

Ilidan, Jaina, Brightwing, Uther, Muradin, Kal'Theas, Anubarak, Sylvanas, and maybe Valla and Zagara.

As you can see, they are mostly Warcraft heroes.

Tier's are for Pro's.

Unless you are in the top 1% of players Tier's mean absolute shit to you as a player. In any MOBA.

If you are an average, solo queuing player. The only usefulness Tiers have to you are to look who is at the bottom and realize those are pretty much the most shit heroes. But you will never play a Tier 1 Hero like a Pro unless you are one, so the difference between a Tier 1 and Tier 2 or Tier 3 hero is absolutely zero to an average player who doesn't have the required skill to play those heroes the way that put them in those tiers.

I get tired of people bringing up Tiers like they are the end all be all decisionmaker on who people should play in MOBA's. Same thing goes for Fighting games.
Severe pet peeve of mine.

That goes for any hero. If you don't know the builds or the mechanics it doesnt matter what tier your hero is, you are going to suck and your team will suffer. I currently have a 65% win rate with Ilidan and I dont consider myself a pro.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2015, 10:54 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 10:24:
Season 5 was definitely full of deth... still can't believe they burned her and snow fell.... ;/

Valar Morghulis!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

NKD wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:38:
"Mechanical apartheid" is about the most accurate term I can think of for the world they are portraying in DX:MD.

Games need to be allowed to tackle difficult subjects if they are to grow narratively. Giving game developers a list of things you can't write stories about because it upsets some people is fucking stupid.

I'm really sick of the Offendatrons.

There is always someone eager for a good book burning, or a witchunt. It's like the GOT rape controversy, as if removing all 'offensive' scenes will somehow lead to less rape in real life, or a better book/series/film/game....pathetic really.

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content Jun 19, 2015, 09:18 InBlack

Blue wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:11:
InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:01:
Always welcome new Heroes, and it's good that they are Diablo heroes, because the Diablo heroes currently in the game (Diablo, Tyreal, Sonya) with the exception of Valla, are very underpowered.

Don't overlook Nazeebo... he's kind of a monster.

Yeah I forgot about Nazeebo, I wouldnt really call him a monster though. That ring of corpses he has is nice, but I hardly see anyone ever pick him on Hero League. An average monster at best...

Here is a quick tip for those just getting into the game, the best, read most competitive (Tier1) Heroes currently are:

Ilidan, Jaina, Brightwing, Uther, Muradin, Kal'Theas, Anubarak, Sylvanas, and maybe Valla and Zagara.

As you can see, they are mostly Warcraft heroes.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2015, 09:26.

1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 09:06 InBlack

Massive profits (80% per mod) for doing absolutely nothing? You can bet your bottom dollar they are planning and scheming to get this to work...  

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content Jun 19, 2015, 09:01 InBlack

26. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 08:56 InBlack

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 06:11:
Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:06:
Fallout 3 had great exploration, if you're content making up your own goals and finding cool stuff in the world then its a great game for that. A little settlement with a hysterical despot that has amusing resolutions. A random library has a unique gun laying around on a corpse with some history attached. An alien landing site. Just cool, random stuff that makes the world fun to explore and the RP a bit more interesting. If you're more story driven and want direction New Vegas is a better game for that, though you can also go off the beaten path there too.

What you described in fallout3 is one of the things I've always loved about elder scrolls games, Morrowind in particular. The freedom to explore has never been better than in that title, IMO... particularly with levitation spells and such in the game that felt so rewarding when used to get out of a sticky situation or into some very good loot. I love the risk/reward of going to places that you're not ready for and preparing for the challenge and being able to use cunning and resourcefulness to still come out on top. I think modern RPG's that level the world up with you are a tremendous step in the wrong direction.

Now that would be cool, Morrowind was the pinnacle of Bethesda IMO. Skyrim is pretty close, but there just wasn't enough freedom in the engine (levitation, flying) or the game rules. (Level Scaling)

You know how Bethesda just LOVES the level scaling, and in some cases it makes sense (mainly for story quests) but mostly I find it completely defeats the purpose of an open world setting. It's even worse when they apply it to items, rewards, and in this outing, with the 'world builder' tool and the expansion of player 'freedoms', I fear it will become as immersion breaking as it was in Oblivion...

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2015, 04:11 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 03:36:
Mostly crap isn't new. You remember the good ones better.

No, I remember the FANTASTIC ones better. I also remember there were more of the good games. If I dont remember what they were exactly all I need to do i browse through some of my old editions of PC gamer to remind myself.

Shit I remember when Starcraft1 was released. It got 74% in PCGamer, thats how stiff the competition was!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_in_video_gaming

Just for reference. Things get even more interesting up to about 1999 or so...

Anyway my point wasnt just about the quantity of games, it was more to do with the fact that what seperated the great developers from the mediocre ones was the quality of the games themselves, not just sales numbers. More importantly, while there were as many mediocre games back then as there are today, they werent the top selling games of the day, EVER. Why? Because they were shit! (There were some good games that sold badly too, but those quickly garnered cult status)

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2015, 04:20.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
9. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 03:56 InBlack

Well I wanna play it, but then again Ive always been a big Team Fortress fan, and this is basically Team Fortress Blizzard Style. With that said, some of the characters seem boring or uninspired, others are pretty cool. The effects are way overblown and simply get in the way of the action. They need to tone those down, I hope that they listen to feedback and remove the shitty characters and tone down the rainbow nation...  

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 21:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:29:
In the past devs made games to make a good game. Today, corporations make games to make money. It's really that simple, and it's obvious in the game design.

Both have always existed.
You may be forgetting about a landfill full of Atari games.

Jesus Christ it's not the Golgotha, its a couple of shitty games buried cos they didnt sell. The business has always been about the money, it's just that the further back you go, the more important substance over style was, there was no fancy graphics, no spindoctoring, no overbloated marketing budgets, gameplay was king. Gameplay SOLD games. This is just not true today. Now and again we get a great game that bucks this trend, like GTAV or Witcher3, but for the most part publishers are selling you shit in a box. Shit that smells and looks great, but still tastes like shit when you bite down into it.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2015, 02:40 InBlack

Jivaro wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 15:02:
I don't know about your area Blue but here in my little unincorporated town on the west coast the local and county officials that deal with wildlife conservation and park services will respond to information provided from a resident that indicates that a young animal might be in some sort of distress. For example, if I called in that young deer as having what looked to be tumor or benign growth and told them the last known location they would send someone out or give me a number to call immediately the next time I saw it. I have seen birds with bags caught around their necks or feet get caught and "de-bagged", raccoons and other small mammals get rescued from areas they got into but couldn't get out of, and once I even saw a red-tailed hawk get saved from the barbed wire fence he had managed to get tangled in. They don't just rescue the animals either. They take them to a clinic for a check-up, provide any needed medical services (including surgeries), and in some occasions they get tags that the county services can than use to identify them if they come in to contact with people again. Some of this infrastructure exists because of the various endangered species programs in California. Some of it exists because of how the agricultural areas of the state usually share borders with the suburbs of the larger cities.

I live in an area that is basically the border between civilization and the country side though. Might be different in a more urban area, let alone a whole other state.

If only people took care of each other in the same way. I bet if you reported a sickly man wandering on the edge of the woods, the authorities wouldnt clean him up, feed him and give him free medical treatment, although he would get arrested for vagrancy and/or maybe even tazed or shot, depending on the color of his skin.

Still it's a cool story, and it's nice to know that places like your hometown exist in the world.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: OMG Jun 19, 2015, 02:31 InBlack

Mastaba wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 18:28:
JediPunisher wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 16:23:
I already have my Xbox and PC connected to my desktop monitor...
Exactly what do I gain by streaming Xbox games through my PC other than extra noise, heat, and energy costs?

You may not gain anything from it. For someone that has their XBox connected to the big screen in the living room and their computer in their bedroom however, you can play your XBox while your big screen is occupied by movie night and its a movie you don't want to watch.

Wow such a cool feature!!....Not only does it allow you to ignore your friends and family, but you get to do it in pure Xbone nerdstyle.

24. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 02:26 InBlack

It's weird, from the very first gameplay videos I saw of Skyrim I knew it was going to be a pretty great game. No feeling like that with F4. Bethesda does so much better with their Elder Scrolls games.  

2. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 10:02 InBlack

Task wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 09:51:
That's great and all but graphics don't make the game. But tons of dialogue and story do not matter, at least to Mr. Todd - they are more focused on 'fun-do-anything.' Some Q&A I read stated there is definitely a LOT of player freedom in FO4, and potentially dialogue/story had to be sacrificed. I wonder if that's in part due to voiced characters as well.

I for one was hugely let down by the Fallout4 reveal. They doubled down on the 'sandbox' 'freeform' 'openworld' etc. bullshit, instead of learning from their first outing, that while Fallout was in some ways about freedom it is more about the characters and the story.

Argh, and that model everything in the world thing...so erm am I playing Fallout or Second Life (in singleplayer). Cringeworthy...

I know its early days yet, but apart from the fun character generator and a good intro story I expect another soulless game from Bethesda. Just like F3. Please, lets hope to God, Jesus and the Great WIzard in the Sky, they give Obsidian a go at it afterwards...

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

"Chris Roberts turned up in a video recording to remind people that Star Citizen had made an awful lot of money"

That line...simply...Pure Gold!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 09:55 InBlack

Pics or it didnt ha....oh....  

8664 Comments. 434 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo