Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 09:21 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:07:
nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:57:

I'm averaging about an orange an hour, so far...drops are waaaaay better than they used to be.

I think they went almost a bit too far with smart drop or whatever it was called. I am drowning in loot every time I play, it feels a bit absurdly rigged that almost every item I find is awesome and useful.
I don't see myself playing for 100 hours though so that's fine by me. It's a bizarre comment I know given the games history with terrible loot but it's like they were so sensitive to the complaints that they went too far in the other direction. I think they will end up tweaking it down a bit and find a nice middle ground for the packrats who will play this nonstop for months. Even if they don't I like this result much better than getting nothing for hours on end so I'm glad they erred on the side of caution.

This is just something to pass the time between new game releases for me so if they want to fill my loot bucket whenever I play then hey whatever

I dont know why Im not seeing this? Maybe things are slightly differntly tweaked on hardcore? Or it might be a level thing, Im lvl 14-15 and drops have been pretty much standard but at this level it might be hard to notice this.

Im going to play a longer session today to check it out further.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
1. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

No mention of a gamepad requirement or even recomended?? Does that mean that mouse and Kb will be fully supported in the port?  

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 06:26 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 05:48:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 04:50:
Wait I lied, Im not gonna ingore the hostility.

Your fault He didn't seem hostile at all...

Either way, yeah, the game has a super weird load lag issue when it sits on anything that's not a decent SSD. For giggles I moved the game to my storage HDD and its nigh unplayable. Lags of up to half a second every few minutes.

I dont understand why the game doesnt make more use of RAM. I have 16 GB of it for Christs sake...MIght move it over to my SSD but right now that would involve a lot of work and clearing up for it by removing apps which I use on a frequent basis. A lot of work for a clearly unoptimised game. I might move D3 to a flash disk. Used that fix ages ago and strangely it improved performance quite a bit. I think there was also a fix with virtual memory. Its fucked up that i have to research this shit 2 years after the game was released...

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 06:32.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 04:50 InBlack

Im just gonna ignore all the hostility and respond acordingly, no Im not bullshiting. I didnt get a orange drop from the King.

I have over 15 bnet friends, they are simply not playing. Why oh why would that be???

Under settings it specifically states "HARDCORE CHARACTERS CANT CHANGE GAME DIFFICULTY". And everything is greyed out. Granted I was already in the game.

There is nothing wrong wih my computer, I currently run and play DCS: World, a very resource hungry and intensive Aeroplane simulation and it runs very very well on my system.

The game runs well once it loads, but it keeps loading shit on the fly and during those times there is noticable slowdowns. This is an ENGINE limitation.

Wait I lied, Im not gonna ingore the hostility. Fuck you too, you patronising asshole.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 04:32 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 21:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 20:56:
Google any word combo you want. There are studies of IQ correlation to fertility, lots of studies showing the Flynn Effect is flawed, it is all out there man. Just be careful as some sites are obvious click bait. But there is plenty out there.

Hmm not what I meant, I guess I wasn't clear sorry. I meant the specific studies you were referring to in your post about kids not being up to snuff taking older tests and having mathematics deficiencies without calculators. Which ones were those? Most of what I googled seems to say the opposite so I'd like to read any of the ones you mentioned to get the other side of it.

Please dont mislabel arithmetic with mathematics. Proper mathematics cant even be done without scientific calculators at any decent level, unless you like to lose hours staring at logarithmic tables all day long. What is more important for a primary school kid in your opinion Bats, learning the multiplication table off by heart, or learning the theory behind multiplication? Most kids learn to hate maths because they learn how to do it WRONG all the way back in primary school. They cant grasp simple concepts because back in primary school when maths was 'easy' they just learnt it off by heart. Any change in the curriculum where methodology and understanding is in focus should be welcome...

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

Prez wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 01:14:
Finally Blizzard has started making good decisions with Diablo 3. Now I am a little more hopeful that there will be a true offline singleplayer experience.

Played about two-three hours yesterday. Wanted to experience the game changes fresh so I created a new character: Monk Hardcore.

2-3 hours in, killed the Skeleton King and about half way to the Butcher. I havent noticed any difference really. Drops are about the same. Experience is going like crazy due to the 50% extra come-back-and-play-please buff.

The skills feel the same although there is a long ways to go. The game feels even more lonely than before, I could open the game to the public but no one joined. My entire friends list is empty as well. There is a 'clan' search tab. I guess thats ok, but regular oldschool battle.net chat channels would have been better.

Hardcore characters cant change the difficulty levels. This is kind of weird. Am I doomed to play on normal now??

Overall I would say the game is the same as before. Nothing really new that I noticed, no great drops, no legendaries, monsters are about the same. Im gonna try and get him to 60 first and see what I can see but so far its more of the same really...

Also performance is just as bad as I remember it. I thought they would fix this but there is still noticable 'loading from disk' or 'streaming from net' lag. Which is fucked up. My PC is not all powerful but I do have a 3570K @ 4 GHZ, 16 GB RAM and a GTX760 with 4 GB VRAM....it should be eating D3 for breakfast and well its not...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2014, 10:39 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:56:
Major changes coming to 2016 SAT test.

Common Core is going to make our populace even more misinformed and increase deficiencies in critical thinking and other areas. Scary stuff.

Common Core principal: "Even if you think 4+4=7, as long as you show your work and can explain that, you will be correct"

I just read that article and nowhere does it say anything to that effect. I passed some exams in college because I managed to demonstrate that my reasoning was correct when doing certain problems, obviosly I couldnt get full marks for these questions as the end result was wrong, but understanding the problem and more importantly understanding the way to the solution should be more important than making stupid mistakes under exam conditions.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:49:
If it weren't Blizzard this game would be like any other and not get 3rd and 4th chances and would have run its course in short order. This is trying to act like a movie star we beat down to now want to bring back up, but I say why? There are plenty of quality APRG's out there that didn't need to reinvent themselves and all were a lot cheaper. But it's Blizzard! We deserve better, but whatever, if you are under the spell you are under the spell.

While I agree with this sentiment in principle, I already paid for the game so what have I got to lose by giving it another whirl??

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
21. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:51:
MS made something like 78 billion in revenue last year. That's not because retailers all bought tons of MS products that nobody in the whole world wants and it sits on the shelf forever. I hear this every year, and every year they somehow make more money than the year before. Love them or hate them, they're not going away for a long time. I think we can stop with the doom and gloom predictions

I agree. They are simply everywhere, the brand recognition and name is enough for most users.

18. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:35:
Flo wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:31:
What have they done that's been successful?
Well for example posting record revenues despite pushing out
mediocre products!
Where did that record revenue came from?
Xbox 360 sales and Win7 sales?
I doubt the bone or Win8 sells so well.

People dont realize that for most consumer products Microsoft gets their money from the retailers. The retailers buy MS products at a discount and then the shit just sits there on the shelves. The retailers themselves dont have to sell a single product, in the long run this will eventually translate into poor sales for Microsoft but in the short/medium term new MS products will still make big bucks. (For MS, not for the retailers). This is why the Xbone is doing so well worldwide. I guess there are those who sell on comission but most retailers in the world buy their shit in advance, and return the shit if dont sell but as a rule returns are allowed after 6 months minimum.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

*insert GIANT Jean Luc Picard facepalm here*  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 09:32 InBlack

Yakubs wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:28:
Let's look back on the game in a year or more before deigning the patch a success. D3 1.0 was "fun" for a short time too.

No not really though. The problems became more than apparent once you reached Inferno. Faith in Blizzard kept people playing but that too seemed to be misplaced once the fails and frustration started piling up...

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

Xero wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:19:
I agree. This patch has completely retuned the game to how I think most of us wish it was right out of the box. It's so retuned I think reviews that weren't paid and trashed the game could even go back and rewrite their review on the game based on this patch. In one word that sums up the game, it's that it is, FUN.
I've gotten 2 legendaries drop in 1 session which was awesome and plenty of good gears that replaced all my old ones. The fluidity of combat seems to have improved with much higher monster density and feels very fast and flows greatly. I like all the little annoyance that they removed and when you look back you think, what the hell did they wait for? No more cooldowns on swapping skills or even having to identify rare items. Only Legendary which makes sense I suppose. It's like unwrapping a gift unknowing what's inside.
With all that, I've decided to give the expansion a second look and just may end up purchasing it where had this patch never been released prior to the new expansion, I would have never known how good it was going to turn out.

High praise from a fellow D3 critic! Damn, now Im gonna really have to install D3 again. Does anyone know whether they are going to add proper chat to the game or PvP??

9. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 09:17 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:52:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:46:
Surface tablet exclusive

It'll probably be windows 8 only, as microsoft tries to strong arm people into upgrading.

Yeah, I remember the Dx10/Vista push. I got shitloads of flame for even daring to suggest that Dx10 being exclusive to Vista was sales pitch bullshit for their bloated piece of shit OS. A lot of MS fanboys on these boards back then...

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
20. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 6, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

Efflixi wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 15:30:
briktal wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:07:
InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:27:
Well that was a rather boring read. Newell's answers are (mostly) botlike. Got the jive that he would rather be doing anything else with his time...

That's basically every AMA on reddit, at least with a "known" person.

You obviously missed Lil' Jon's AMA and Snoop Lion's too.

Yeah. Or Bill Murray's. Bill FUCKING Murray.

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 03:31 InBlack

NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 21:12:
Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.

Yeah, I got flamed repeatedly by certain 'people' on this board for claiming that this smelled like a fucking scam. Where are they now?

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 04:23.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches
2. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 6, 2014, 03:28 InBlack

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:35:
Awesome! About time! D3's been fun the past 24 hours but its already apparent to me with all the changes (some really good changes) that its still a casual ARPG game. No races, no pvp, no real reason to play beyond getting the gear, whereas in PoE the races are the reason for getting the gear. Also the level of customization leaves me in theory-craft nirvana. Just my opinion, flame on!

Why would anyone flame you for writing a post that makes a lot of sense? I was thinking of installing Diablo3 again but then I receieved a Blizzard mail just this morning, asking me to return and when I saw how fucking ridiculous that Reaper of Death or whatever he is called looked in the artwork I just thought to myself. No.

News Comments > Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition
25. Re: Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition Mar 6, 2014, 03:24 InBlack

Gadzooks wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:00:
Ugh, Gearbox... just stop it. Stick to the one thing you are good at. Borderlands.

Wrong. The one thing Gearbox is great at is buying old IPs dirt cheap and then squezing them for all they are worth and usually wrecking them beyond all hope in the process.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 09:32 InBlack

Pot Pie == Marijuana Pie??

'Cos that would be like, amazing...

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
1. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 09:27 InBlack

Well that was a rather boring read. Newell's answers are (mostly) botlike. Got the jive that he would rather be doing anything else with his time...  

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo