Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8507 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
22. Re: Disturbing Apr 27, 2015, 08:20 InBlack

The Rolling Stones, so old, they're new again.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
16. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 27, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 03:28:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 22:24:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 19:49:
Oh my god, if you haven't played Brutal Doom, do it now! Stop what you're doing. Play Brutal Doom. It makes Doom a modern game and it provides the best shooting and level design I've seen in years.

When I first saw Brutal doom, I thought ID software was fucking stupid. All they need to do is take brutal doom, cut the developers in on the cash and revamp it into a new engine with updated graphics and keep the same combat and they'll have an AAA title that would sell.

Brutal Doom works exactly because it's taking the original sprite graphics and doing crazy stuff. In an updated engine...it just wouldn't be the same.

It's a novelty.

I think most of us, and more importantly the buying masses have moved on from this sort of gameplay. Look at Wolf's recent successful followup. It feature developed characters, scripted events, all the things that make games "modern". I don't know if a Old Doom style title now would be anything more than a retro gimmick people boot once or twice and never play again.

Yeah but you can have all those things AND the brutal gameplay of the original games (or this Brutal modification). Just look at what those guys at Rockstar are doing with GTA. GTA V is basically the same game that GTA1 is. The basic formula hasn't changed and that is a good thing. It just added a new dimension, fancy physics, some cutscenes and a little bit more scripting, and yet you have this huge complex city you can explore and play in. You could literaly do the whole game in top down 2d graphics if you wanted.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2015, 03:52.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
16. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 27, 2015, 03:14 InBlack

Creston wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 15:54:
"Our goal is to make more money."

Let's call a spade a spade here, Gaben.

Exactly. The problem with paid mods, is that they are not mods anymore. Mods are actually short for "player made modifications". They are free for a good reason, they are not professionaly made, they are used at your own risk, and they use and modify assets which frequently do NOT belong to the mod creators. This last part is pretty important when you start charging for something (especially if most of the money goes to a third party, yes Bethesda and Valve should be considered a third party).

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
22. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 27, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 13:26:
InBlack wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 08:08:

Except botting is cheating using third party software. Do you see the difference? Oh who am I kidding, don't even answer that.

What's wrong with your brain that makes you think one is wrong and one is ok, when both are against the rules of the game?

Perhaps we should focus more on the issue of Blizzard banning players for using exploits, instead of fixing the exploits. Now please tell me some more how I am wrong in the head for actually thinking that the responsibility for these lies with Blizzard, you know. Because they are the ones who developed the game and introduced the code that allowed this in the first place. Jesus, the fucking nerve of you fucking fanbois.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2015, 02:51.

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
13. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 27, 2015, 02:36 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 22:24:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 19:49:
Oh my god, if you haven't played Brutal Doom, do it now! Stop what you're doing. Play Brutal Doom. It makes Doom a modern game and it provides the best shooting and level design I've seen in years.

When I first saw Brutal doom, I thought ID software was fucking stupid. All they need to do is take brutal doom, cut the developers in on the cash and revamp it into a new engine with updated graphics and keep the same combat and they'll have an AAA title that would sell.

I still think ID software is fucking stupid. This could be the same category as "Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike GO"

Yeah, I have thought along the same lines. It would take a great 3d engine to do those brilliant Doom and Doom2 levels justice though.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 26, 2015, 08:11 InBlack

Pretty cool, except when you think about it a little more. How much manufacturing does Apple do in the USA? Oh yeah, zero.

PR spin of the worst kind.

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
17. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 26, 2015, 08:08 InBlack

Krovven wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 15:53:
Zarkov wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 15:43:
Krovven wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 14:45:
If you find some way in a game like this to exploit a mechanic that is obviously unintended, if you do not stop it, then suffer the consequences.
Of course, a rollback may be needed if things get out of hand before the developers have a fix ready. Removing player accounts is something completely different, however.

I think Blizzard has a tone in their comment that is completely wrong.

Obviously I'm fully aware that it is allowed for them to ban players, which is what I disagree with.

They have been dozens warnings since the game launched. There have been plenty of times, where people can learn from others mistakes. Generally they get short term suspensions if it's their first offense. If they come back and do it again, they are banned outright.

Friend of mine I've been playing D3 with for a long time got into botting. Why, I don't really know. It doesn't take long to get decent gear now. But he got suspended once for botting for I think 3 months. After that they let him come back...what does he do? He goes right back to botting...and gets perma banned.

That's not the fault of Blizzard, it's the fault of the dumbass that didn't learn the first time around.

Except botting is cheating using third party software. Do you see the difference? Oh who am I kidding, don't even answer that.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 04:02 InBlack

World's biggest military superpower not punishing one of its top generals? Say it ain't so! Rolleyes  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
20. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 12:47 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:20:
A. We don't deserve free mods.

B. People that make something for you deserve something in return, dollars are a very common practice of compensation.

C. You have the choice if you want it or not.

D. Mod Devs are going to have to figure out if what they do is worth $$ and how much. This is going to be a couple year process here.

E. From what I've heard it does seem many are asking for too much. Market.

F. Yes Bethesda is getting a huge chunk, probably too much. But by giving some of that back to Dev, that gives them a real reason to allow their games to be modified. Think beyond Elder Scrolls, which is easy to mod.

G. You don't want to be the entitled person people reference on the internet way too often do you?

H. Can you make mods? If not, maybe you could learn. This is a much lower barrier of entry for a would-be developer vs creating a whole game. Now there is a chance you make something really good, if priced fair you can make a few dollas.

I. We are now going to see things we wouldn't have because it just became monetized.

J. It's change. Everyone FREAK THE FUCK OUT!!!

The market will sort this out as something that can work or not.

The saddest part for me is all the bitch posts repeated for years to come over this. Like DRM and DLC. Good fucking times.

Two problems, the majority of the money goes to Valve and Bethesda & basically once a mod goes pay to play, who determines who gets the money? Already there have been reports of unscrupulous mod makers taking someone elses mod, changing the name of the mod and charging money for their 'work'. This is going to implode the mod community dude, can't you see that?

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
1. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 09:47 InBlack

Fucking hell Bethesda, you really screwed the pooch on this. Big time!  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

It's been a while since I played. I just don't have the stamina for space trucking, and the space combat got old rather quickly once you realized that once youve seen one USS youve pretty much seen them all.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 08:13 InBlack

Thanks for the help shihonage, will pass it on.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
113. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 08:09 InBlack

Basically they (Valve/Bethesda) took a more or less open community (where people could use other people's work as long as they name the source) and fucked it with a rusty trident.

Goddamn, this will ruin a lot of goodwill for Valve and Bethesda...terrible, terrible decision.

P.S.

The worst part is that the eventual fallout (no pun intended) of all of this shit will be that the next Elder Scrolls game will likely not support any modding.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
32. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 07:20 InBlack

Fuck why did you have to bring up I'76....along with Mechwarrior2, that's probably my favorite game from Activision. Holy shit what I would give for an up to date I'76 in say, the engine from GTAV?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 06:29 InBlack

shihonage wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 05:59:
Given the nature of GTA, there's only one possibility - it streams data as you go.

Just because you have 16GB of RAM, GTA still can't preload all of its content into it (and it would take forever), and it can't guess where you're going in the game, so it can't really utilize the excess memory past a certain engine-required threshold.

All this suggests that there's a high chance that running off SSD would reduce a specific kind of performance issues, i.e. frequent "pausing".

However if the framerate is consistently low, this is a sign of a more general problem, such as an underpowered gaming system or bad driver.

On my friends system (i5@4ghz, 16GB DDR3, GTX680) the game runs and looks great. Still it has these more or less frequent 'slowdowns'. I can't describe them better, it's not like stutter, its like the game slows down just a fraction and then resumes normal speed a fraction of a second later. They happen every so often, more frequently or rather more noticably while driving, sort of maybe every 5-10 seconds or so. Could this be tied to 'data' streaming and if so would the HDD be the culprit? (He doesn't have an SSD).

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 02:54 InBlack

So would an SSD improve performance with the game? (Other than the loading times). Im not sure how it streams data, whether it does so on the fly etc. etc. I guess it also depends on how much memory one has. For example, Im not sure installing GTA on an SSD would make much difference for a system with 16GB of RAM.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 24, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

Simon Says wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 02:09:
That's one girl I'd dump. Not because of the loss of equipment and $, but because I'd never trust a girl like this to not try to fuck with my free will ever again.

Wut? Confused

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
107. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Well bye bye Skyrim + MODS, hello Skyrim + DLC!!

DLC which was not developed in-house, isn't supported in-house, and which 75% of the proceeeds go to the, you guessed it folks, house!

Bethe$da + $team + Modders (read almost unpaid DLC creators) == $$$$

What could go wrong??

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2015, 03:44.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Ultra Specs Apr 23, 2015, 08:31 InBlack

Yes it's a rare bird that I kind of bought by accident (they didnt stock the 2GB version at the time, and this one was like 20$ more expensive, so it was a no brainer). I wonder how it will handle the Witcher3 and GTAV? So far the card's chewed through pretty much everything Ive hurled at it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2015, 08:28 InBlack

What about the Nvidia GTAV drivers? Do they make any difference? Has anyone benchmarked them compared to older (more stable?) drivers?  

8507 Comments. 426 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo