Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8842 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
16. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 30, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:31:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:00:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:13:
I haven't actually played eve in 4 years but just continue training my main characters.

Want that 23 million skill points per year to keep going.

Just hit 144 million.. hopefully one day i'll get back into it.
So you actually paying the monthly sub but do not play the game just train your character?

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Is it not?

Well it's a game of time to train, my friend took a 2 year break and started playing again with 50 million less skill points and he's wishing he paid the two years to keep it going. We make pretty good money so it's not like it'd really going to affect any part of our daily lives to spend 140$ a year on it.

When you say 'We' you mean yourself and your brother Luigi, right? I know there is good money in plumbing..

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
12. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 30, 2015, 03:09 InBlack

Yeah, the engine is really impressive. What seems to me the one single fantastic standout thing about it is the seamless transition from satelite imagery to hand drawn textures as you change altitude. Ive tried real hard to notice any pop-in etc. there is none. Oh and the visibility improvements. Finally great visibility without smart-scaling. This will be awesome with the WWII birds.  

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
36. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

Im not sure why all the hate against Notch. He used to be this indy developer that scored a hit with one of his games, nothing new and unusual about that, and was also pretty hands-on and protective of his games, again nothing unusual about that either.

He joked once that he would sell his IPs for 2 Billion dollars. Microsoft didnt get the joke and shelled out the cash.

Im guessing people are just expressing their envy by ranting against Notch for selling out. He scored, and he scored big time! So all the best to him and the envious fucks be damned.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
69. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 30, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

Dacron wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 22:12:

Don't know if you noticed, but a lot of stuff they say turns out to be false. Like release dates. Just saying.

RSI has been shifting the goalposts since day 1 of the kickstarter, the fanbois don't seem to even notice. The blind faith of the truly faithful is not to be underestimated. They really think that CR will transport them into this magical world of the future where nothing is the limit. What they dont seem to get is that CR's track record speaks louder than any hype or words, and that what has been released so far is so far below any kind of par its hilarious.

Have they even shown ONE working system from the MMO? (And no I dont mean solar system, although they havent shown that either AFAIK)

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
24. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 30, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Yeah there was something about that game, maybe it was just the retro future coolness of the story. A shooting war with the USSR on the Moon. Nuclear deterrents being the reason why the war doesnt spread to Earth. It all sort of meshed together and had this great blend of military sci-fi action combined with tank sim and rts gameplay, as well as a good story.

I never really got into the sequel as it ran like shit on my PC (it had constant hitching that I could never get rid of no matter what I did).

I hope this turns out good.

56. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 18:00 InBlack

Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:04:
Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
Yes, but SQ42 is episodic now, so if and when it ever gets delivered it'll be a decade before it's done at this rate. All the real time and money is going into the P2W online game.

Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*

Ill make sure to note this post of yours when the first episode is released and its 10 missions long and will take 2.5 hours to blow through...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2015, 11:42 InBlack

The movies are not as good as the book(s). They are still pretty good though, especially "The Fellowship". I was quite dissapointed with "The Return of the King" especially, as it glossed over the most important part of the book (how Aragorn actually claimed the throne, the signs, etc.) and completely rewrote the whole Shire ending into a terribly prolonged and pathetic superfluous fluff...  

17. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 11:08 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:38:
"Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?"

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

Wonderful. Very pertinent.

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
1. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 29, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

Well it's had a good run. One of the better MMOs Ive played, I just din't have the time, or disposable income to get really really invested in it. I quit quite a while ago when our corps imploded and we got stomped by a larger more organized and less noob friendly corps. (Although that was fun and made sense from a role playing perspective :)).  

3. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 09:50 InBlack

Another day, another Starcitizen delay. I wouldnt call it exactly refreshing news, but yeah at least people arent throwing money at CR and Crew anymore...(or maybe they are and CR just isnt telling us).  

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
1. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 29, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

If you like simming even one little bit. Take a looksee. It's worth it...  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 29, 2015, 06:18 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 17:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 17:39:
But.. why?

the short answer (because this is a long long discussion) is that some people derive their identity and personality from the things they like, the things they own, the things they pursue and so on.. and therefore they consider the "brand" as part of their own self.. like nationalism, like tribalism - its the same impulse, trying to borrow power by belonging to something bigger than yourself, essentially by sacrificing a part of yourself in the process - namely, the part that can think rationally

Well said. This kind of irrationality can, and often does, breed fanaticism or zeal. Nationalism is a good example. Religion is another. Thankfully people havent started killing each other over brand loyalty yet. Give it a few hundred years though...

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 06:24.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2015, 03:41 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 03:38:
I find it pretty amazing how chilled Americans are... if my neighbor would shoot anything in my general direction I would call a SWAT on his ass within 10 seconds and claim he is a terrorist... just saying.

Not sure if sarcasm....well played, I think?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 02:25 InBlack

Strange thread...  

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
18. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 21:29:
Even if it was true, it's hard for me to get excited about a BF game these days.

This.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 26, 2015, 13:50 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:33:
Funny how many try to debunk what the NSA did when in fact we have no idea who our allies will be in the future or our enemies.

This leads me to that one Justice League Show where they had a conversation about the League and Batman said he keeps a file on every member in the league about their strengths and weaknesses so if he ever had to go again them he would know how to do it.

This is a great tactic and anyone that disagrees will find them selves in trouble every time if you are not armed to take on that battle.

Keep your enemies close and your friends closer?? Yeah, great tactic (it's actually strategy) that, not trusting your 'allies' and alienating them at every opportunity. It's awesome that a comic book show teaches kids not to trust one another, makes for a great fucking society to grow up in.

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
11. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 13:42 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 10:42:
Well that's not going to bite them in the ass, nope not at all. Especially considering it's illegal as fuck.

Illegal where? These guys are from Belarus. A country with a 'legally' elected strongman dictator and a close ally of Vladimir Putin.

They have already reversed part of their decision to do this, but legality had nothing to do with it, they value their foreign income too much to do anything else really. It's not really much different than any US corp milking you dry, it's just that in Wargaming's experience the customer rarely has a choice or chance to talk back and just needs to suck it up. They are learning though, eventually they will figure out much more subtle ways of screwing their customers over, just like the US corps do.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2015, 04:05 InBlack

Im not saying that it shouldn't be dealt with, but let the punishment fit the crime. A person that points a high powered laser with the intent of bringing down a plane should definitely be punished accordingly, if the cops can prove it was attempted murder then sure lock em up and throw away the key, but sometimes its just stupid kids playing a really stupid prank. I don't think jail time would help much in that case.  

News Comments > XCOM2 E3 Trailer
11. Re: XCOM2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 03:50 InBlack

Anyone else find it really, and I mean really fucking stupid that the target of that resistance fighter squad was a FUCKING STATUE??? Holy shit, I mean Im looking forward to this game but that's terrible writing 101. Why would an elite fighting unit trying to liberate earth from an oppressive alien government risk valuable soldiers to bomb a fucking statue??  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 17:53 InBlack

There is the question of how the pilots managed to land the plane if they were both blinded. I mean if they were really blinded, there is no way they could have brought that plane down. So while I do agree that shining a bright light into someone in a flying plane is a horribly stupid and potentially very dangerous thing to do, and could cause a pilot to lose control of the plane, I don't think those pilots were seriously injured. We might as well be sentencing people for driving in traffic with their headlights turned on high. (That might actually be a pretty good idea, god that pisses me off).  

8842 Comments. 443 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo