Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7537 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Einstein's Sep 25, 2014, 02:57 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 13:55:
Experiments at a particle accelerator in Germany confirm that time moves slower for a moving clock than for a stationary one.

True, but is there really a such thing as a truly stationary clock? Consider this for a moment. The Earth is rotating at approximately 1000 miles per hour and is orbiting the sun at around 67,000 miles per hour and the entire solar system is moving at approx 600,000 miles per hour as the galaxy spins. We really don't know how fast the galaxy is actually moving considering the expanding universe theory but it's safe to say that it's probably moving pretty fast.

I guess that they must use stationary as in "on the surface of the earth" as their base line of zero and anything moving faster can show this time dilation.

Considering all those other speeds I threw out which we are always moving at, I have to wonder how dilated time is already and what would happen if any of those other variables began to increase or decrease.

Edit: Oh, and there's also the possibility that the entire universe is moving as well as expanding.

Its Movement as relative to the observer. The observer (in this case on the earth's surface) is the POV from which the dilation is measured...

Or maybe its relative to the absolute c value (speed of light). Hmmmm. Can't remember at the moment which it is...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
55. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 25, 2014, 02:38 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 20:17:
A stupid 10 skill bar would do amazing wonders of making combat a lot more varied. Even though I'd ask for even more. That is one the ESO has going in the right direction, a skill bar, even though abbreviated.

Are you for real?!!! What is wrong with you man?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 02:14 InBlack

SlimRam wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 22:37:
Reviewers are raving!

"With the new exo-suit, we're definately going to see foul mouthed 12 year olds taking the whole 'bunny hopping across the map, while calling everyone gay' to a whole new level! THIS is EXCITING STUFF!"

This was always the best part of any Call of Duty game.

6. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:58:
Unfortunately the thing holding it back is the biggest part of the game. The combat is just completely basic and poorly balanced.

Yeah its kind of simple compared to say D:OS, but so far its fun.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:37:
: Fox Screwed Up 'Firefly'. But you knew this already.

NEWS FLASH!

Goddamn, that was a good show. Such a shame... Shame

3. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

Did the first mission (quest?) yesterday and gotta say Im impressed. The game is hard but not impossible, and the atmosphere and setting are perfect. If you are on the fence about this game, dont be its worth getting. (Unless you hated Fallout2 so much you never made it out of the cave)  

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
62. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:06:
Kudos to Blizzard for having the balls to kill a product instead of limping a half finished mess to market like EA does.

For all of their recent missteps Blizzard at least cares about the end products.

I hope that was their reasoning. I say hope because their reasoning could have very well been "Is it going to be profitable?" instead of "Is it going to be fun?".

58. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 07:44 InBlack

NKD wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 07:24:
You say Blizzard "suffers from a lack of creativity" but then in the same breath try to paint them as foolish for experimenting with something that didn't end up working out. Which is it?

When was the last time Blizzard created an original game? The last one I believe was Diablo1. Their biggest success (WoW) was basically a rehash/remix of the most popular elements of Dark Age of Camelot & Everquest sheathed into the ever popular Warcraft skin. They make succesful games, hardly original ones though.

Their most original concept was battle.net and desipite its huge success they still decided to dumb it down and turn it into a version of Steam LITE.

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
27. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 24, 2014, 05:19 InBlack

Slightly off-topic but still relevant since it is basically an indie game. I hope Blue includes a few Wasteland2 reviews for Wednsday's review section. Im having a surprising amount of fun with Wasteland2 so far. It's scratching that tactical itch, just like the XCOM remake did, and it has atmosphere in spades...  

55. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 05:15 InBlack

Yeah forgot about that. In any case the rest of my statement still stands. Hearthstone for all of its small budget 'indie' appearance is actually a very well thought out game, that only seems casual at first look. There is a surprising amount of strategic depth to the game. Its also a huge cash cow. I know more than a few friends who have literaly sunk hundreds of dollars into the game to get a card advantage. Not that there is anyting wrong with that its just that I would prefer them to go back to making games that arent purpuse built to provide just the right amount of draw to get you hooked into opening up your wallet.  

53. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 03:16 InBlack

Who wants to bet that Destiny ended up looking very similar to Titan, and suddenly they (@Blizz) were going "Ohhh Shit...".

In any case fuck Blizzard. Wake me up when they make a good game again, that isn't designed to milk the player for all he is worth and then some.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2014, 09:51 InBlack

I have zero confidence in Orci producing a quality Trek film, a shitty copy of a previously seen Trek film or series plot, sure. A quality flick though? No fucking way...  

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
12. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

I would also say that they used the Early Access funding to pay back Indie Fund, and once that was done they pulled the plug on the development. How nefarious that is, is up to anyone's judgement but in my book its pretty fucking low. It will not make them any friends in the gaming industry or among us gamers and has cast a crappy shadow on Indie Fund too.  

9. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

Ok I read up on Indie Fund. Its definitely not crowdfunding, not like Kickstarter anyway.

This is the most relevant info. from the about page:
Repayment Once the game is released, you first pay back the investment and then share 25%of the revenue, until we double the initial investment, or until 2 years after the initial launch date, whichever comes first.

As I see it, Double Fine is financially beholden to Indie Fund. As for their fans, they probably bought into the Early Access program believing the game would be finished at some point to some kind of standard, which is proving to be perilously low. They have indeed shot themselves in the foot with this, however this would be true of any failed game, AAA or Indie, and shouldnt reflect on Early Access or crowdfunding programs in general.

If you sign up for Early Access, read the fine print!
If you kickstart a game, read the fine print!
If you pre-order a game, you deserve exactly what's coming to ya!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2014, 09:39 InBlack

Ok that "Free Will..." article is just clickbait, oh and its bullshit. The so called 'study' is barely touched upon and doesnt really say anything about the metaphysical free will, other than that our brains determine our behaviour depending on the sensory input. Well, DUH!! Angry  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 22, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Heh  

2. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Okay, can someone please explain whether this game was indeed crowdfunded or was funded through traditional means, but only released as an early access title???  

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
2. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

Id say that the removal of the confirmation, as well as the cached version says a lot more about the announcement than the actual content of the announcement. They might be tinkering with the idea and concept, but that doesn't gurantee that it will be ready for release, or indeed even that it will ever be officially supported.  

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
52. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 22, 2014, 08:04 InBlack

Prez wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 04:58:
Do you? Where does it say on Steam that Early Access games have to be finished? No really, i want to know

No. How would they define "finished"? DayZ still isn't finished but it has sold a ton. I think in both kickstarter and Early Access the only obligation to "finish" the project is an ethical one. Double Fine "finished" Space Base DF-9 by labeling the last release 1.0. The community by and large disagrees that it is finished, but there isn't anything they can do except not back DF in the future.

Actually in most 'early access' cases that's not entirely true. A Kickstarter or rather more generally speaking a crowd funded game is one where the backers should understand the risk that the game might never be completed. An 'early access' game on the other hand doesnt necessarily mean it was crowd funded. Most developers do 'early access' for a variety of reasons, not all of them financial, also most developers do have contracts and financing all worked out with their publishers, and they still do early access. (Mostly for testing purposes, although the extra cash I guess is nice) Two examples of two recent games that did this: IL2:BOS and Starpoint Gemini 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2014, 07:58 InBlack

Fuckers. Never gonna save up for anything with you guys....

Gonna bite the bullet and get Wasteland2 on GOG tonight. Since Im a fallout2 fan through and through I guess it should have been a no-brainer anyway....

7537 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo