Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
40. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 8, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:16:
from what i understand in the reviews ive read, id be expecting some "NPC overhaul" and "Dialog overhaul" and "Consequences overhaul" type mods popping up... the scene is pretty deep, they will straight re-engineer the whole game

When, or rather I should say if (it's 'Murica after all) Bethesda allows modders to go ahead and do this Ill probably go back to the game. As it is I can't get myself to go back to it, all my free game time is occupied by study sims at the moment and I'm loving every minute of it.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
17. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

Hang on so the game is NOT free to play? So there will be no grinding for unlocks then am I right? Right?

*crickets*

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
6. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 7, 2015, 03:14 InBlack

Quboid wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 23:27:
I played a game called Ambient Flight on the Rift DK1. It's similar to this, where you controlled a bird and changed direction with your head. It worked really well and is a great demo to introduce people to VR. It certainly wasn't on-rails and I don't expect this will be either, although going through the church or trees did look a bit close.

Eagle Flight clearly has much higher production values than Ambient Flight but I'm not convinced there's actually a game here. This looks more like a freebie that comes with a headset, from what little we've seen.

The funny thing is with a little more work (and a better setting) they could have made this an awesome game. Imagine playing as an Eagle (not the fighter) and having to hunt rabbits and other small game! Thats already pretty cool, but then you could add things like, weather, day and night cycles, (all of which affects your ability to hunt, sleep, etc.), nesting and mating!

Now something like that would probably sell a lot of VR kits...

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
17. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 03:07 InBlack

MOAR MOBA!!!!! AAARRRRHHHHGGGHHHH!!!!! <- thats Hulk's green face if you couldn't tell, he is feeling very frustrated.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
7. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 7, 2015, 03:04 InBlack

Well I'm not interested in any kind of pre-order, for reasons all of you are all probably well aware of already, but if it is ever released, well that could be a day one purchase in my case.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel
16. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 7, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

Yeah getting too old to give much of a fuck. However I don't think I can honestly say "I don't care" and post in this thread. If HL3 ever rears its ugly head from the pits of Valve's underbelly, I would probably be quite interested in checking it out.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 6, 2015, 11:00 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 10:34:
Also, they're planning the next two singleplayer campaigns (Squadron 42 is part of a trilogy) and will no doubt continue concepting and selling ships once the PTU is officially released.

Sq42 is all I want. Will it be possible for me to buy just the single player game without investing in ships or the PU?

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
2. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Well who could tell that Starcitizen would end up becoming a free to play World of Tanks in space? (Where the premium ships cost a real premium). Ha!  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Dec 4, 2015, 07:31 InBlack

Bub wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 06:54:
Whoa, I thought all Total War based games were Real time, not turn based. Which is it?

Apparently you've never played one, which I find incredible actually. They were really popular right from the beginning (Shogun Total War) and are generally quite good.

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Dec 4, 2015, 05:04 InBlack

Oh common, give Bethesda a break why don't you. If they knew how to code properly they would have switched engines years ago wouldn't they?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Meh to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge... Dec 4, 2015, 03:02 InBlack

I currently have the HTC One M8. Best phone Ive ever had. Samsung and Apple can go fuck themselves for all I care, this thing is built like a brick, it's blindingly fast, and has the best sound output Ive seen on a cellphone among a shitload of other things.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Dec 4, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Where is Space Hulk? What happened to it, is it still in development? Argh...  

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Dec 4, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Poor Fallout. I've completely set it aside after DCS World 2.0 came out. Now I have no desire to go back and finish it anymore.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Hiatus
4. Re: Overwatch Beta Hiatus Dec 4, 2015, 02:30 InBlack

Lucky bastards. Would have enjoyed having access. But I never get into these things. I don't think I have ever been invited for a beta anything...ever.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 05:50 InBlack

Not going to climb on the Windows X hate train, but the truth is that for PC gaming there is currently no better or more reliable OS than Windows 7.

Wake me up when DirectX12 surfaces and is actually supported in games and then we can talk more.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
32. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 2, 2015, 07:13 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou: No one is advocating mediocrity, we are advocating common sense. When more than 50% of games coming out today don't even support SLI, and those that do provide very little performance gains then why even go that route?

For example, the most graphically intensive and performance hogging game Im currently playing is DCS World 2.0. It doesn't support SLI, and for all intents and purposes there is very little indication that SLI support is incoming any time soon. Those who managed to 'hack' it to work are reporting no performance gains. I was thinking of buying another 970, but when I think it thorough I would just be throwing money away. The 970 is brutal overkill for most new games coming out. And Nvidia refuses to support older, PC only games by releasing SLI profiles for those games. So, why game with SLI at all?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Watch the watch Dec 2, 2015, 07:05 InBlack

Now that their utility is very easily displaced by our mobile phones, watches have become even bigger status symbols (as well as jewelry) then ever before.

So taking into consideration that an iWatch doesn't even work without an iPhone, and needs regular charging (unlike most regular watches), what does an iWatch say about a person who wears one? That's a rhetorical question, and Ill end my part in this discussion on that note.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
30. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 2, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Jerykk wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 23:14:
PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:28:
I would be very curious as to how many of us blues crew here actually run multi GPU setups.

I would if I wasn't so poor. To a layman, a single powerful card is pretty much always better than two lesser cards... so SLI, exactly like GSync, is only useful to the people who can afford top-end equipment in the first place.

Even if you have the money, SLI/Crossfire isn't a very good investment. Many games either do not support it or have problems when using it. I had a dual GPU card a years ago and was only able to effectively use both GPUs about 50% of the time. Things haven't really changed since then.

I agree with this. Say you have the money for two moderately powerful cards, you would be better advised to spend it on a single but much more powerful card. According to some people I know who game on SLI, Nvidia support for SLI has been horrid, and even in cases where they managed to get it to work, there are games which show 99% usage of both cards yet play at exactly the same speed as one card (or even slower).

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
20. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 2, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 15:55:
StaticRandomNumber wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 13:08:
I am curious with these driver updates post game release. When they made the game (over the course of a few years), they must have used some older drivers and whatever they intended to display was done with those.

That a driver update post-release is suddenly a big optimization puzzles me quite a bit, unless the driver updates are simply corner cutting to make things run smoother.

Dude, modern GPUs have computing features that the developers take advantage of during game development to program their own custom shaders and effects.

All of this stuff will work fine on drivers that are available during the game's development. However, it is absolutely possible to optimize and accelerate these custom effects on driver level.

That's why the game devs cooperate closely with nVidia engineers towards the end of development to implement optimizations for the "game-ready" drivers.

These new drivers are supposed to make sure you have a smoother, better performing experience and hopefully no cosmetic glitches which might occur on older drivers in some circumstances.

What if I primarily want to play something older? Then I can go suck a dick right? Because with every single "game ready" driver Nvidia has released, my performance dropped or I've had other problems in older/other titles. Oh and as for performance improvements, has anyone here tried "before/after" comparisons with these driver updates or are you all (as I suspect) talking out of your ass? I'm actually trying to find the best driver for DCS World 2.0 at the moment, as that is the most performance intensive game/simulation running on my PC at the moment.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Watch the watch Dec 2, 2015, 02:27 InBlack

Reactor wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 23:16:
Yeah, the time is pretty accurate.

Admit it. The watch is a piece of shit. You know you want to.

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo