Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9036 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Worms WMD Revealed
1. Re: Worms WMD Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 09:19 InBlack

You are not a top developer until you have at least one American/British creative manager working for your outfit.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 05:40 InBlack

El Pit wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 04:50:
InBlack wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 02:33:
As would any western government with that capability.

Uhuh. So all praise Russia, China, India, and so on for not doing so. Evil western governments must FALL! I TELL YA!

Uhh snark! Who said they wouldnt? Im just pointing out that the so called 'free world' is not any different in this regard.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
27. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 31, 2015, 04:31 InBlack

DavidM wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 17:58:
Such utter stupidity on display.

I don't see Christians putting up billboards saying how stupid atheists are. And for killing, the atheist communists/fascists/leftists in history have 100 million dead on their hands in the 20th century alone.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

It's you who have no idea what you are talking about, you just took the Nazis and the Stalinists and put them all under the "atheist" umbrella and then you wonder why people think you are stupid. None of those you listed killed in the name of "Atheism". They killed in the name of some other ideology, since atheism IS NOT an ideology. If you don't know the difference then you can't be part of the discussion .

26. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 31, 2015, 04:29 InBlack

Xoxotl wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 23:36:
InBlack wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 06:03:
Go take your apologist bullshit somewhere else, there is no such thing as a militant atheist crusader fighting to eradicate all religion.

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 09:40:
Religion is a mental disease of the stupid and insane. If you really believe there's some all-powerful invisible sky wizard who interferes in all aspects of everyone's lives then you should be committed to an asylum for shock treatment and deprogramming.

And I'll just point out that you two felt the need to attack this dev simply because he made a very minor statement in reference to his personal beliefs. So, yeah.

Your brand of "atheism" is just another form of religion, and it's just as bad as the other fundamentalists you so despise.

I did not attack this dev, I attacked Yeahyeah's retarded trolling comment. Reading comprehension.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 21:20:
Julio wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:56:
Krowen wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 16:17:
blah...blah...blah...we can't murder everyone responsible unless you want to revert evolution entirely.

If being evolved means shooting, letting an animal suffer, beheading and skinning animals for fun...then we're not evolved at all. It would be an evolution to give the dentist the exact same penalty that he inflicted. And it would stop this type of thing going on next time.

But some people are too soft for that.

I don't believe in capital punishment, but I agree that the penalties for killing any animal unnecessarily are far too lenient. Penalties need to be much closer to manslaughter IMO.

Also, trophy hunting in general needs to be prohibited worldwide, with vast swaths of megafauna put on the no-kill list.

Most hunting IS prohibited worldwide. Except if you are rich. If you are rich you can pay a shitload of money to hunt whatever the fuck you like. Protected animals are just more expensive. The only reason people are giving a fuck about this story is because a big pussycat got shot. NO one gave a shit when this asshole killed a white rhino last year, one of the most endangered species in the world. It wasnt an illegal hunt either. He paid a huge ammount of cash to be allowed to do it. This is how the world works today, it's actually a perfect allegory on how Capitalism allows those in power (or with means) to do whatever the fuck they like, as long as they pay their dues. I'm surprised that you can't hunt people for sport already.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2015, 03:21.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 03:09 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:45:
mag wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 12:00:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 11:05:
Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:51:
The EMDrive stuff is very interesting, it freaks me out to hear some of the smartest minds in the field admit it can work but that they can't explain how.

The thing that blows me fucking away about this drive, which I've been reading about for about a decade, is that no one wants to front the fucking money to actually test it in space. Point it at the moon and turn it on and if it works, then argue about how it can't possibly work. It took NASA over 15 years just to test it in their lab. It took the chinese to actually try it out first and then NASA to say "Ok maybe it works". I realize that it costs a metric fuck ton of money to send weight into space.. but I also know that we spend so little on space exploration technology.

There isn't even a scientific paper reporting test methodology and results, as far as I've been able to tell. All of the articles on it are from pseudoscience/crank blogs that just reference each other in a big circle jerk. They need to show something before anyone's going to dump a bunch of money into something that violates one of the fundamental laws of physics.

The last time they actually released any data on any of their tests: the thrust was in the wrong direction. It continued even when the power was turned off.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20140006052.pdf

It's not exactly a fully published one but they are testing it with thrust output.

My Dad is a theoretical physicist. When I told him yesterday about this drive that has been gaining traction in the experimental physicist community he was interested at first, but once I told him that it appears to break the law of conservation of momentum he immediately said it's bullshit. He wouldn't listen to anything after that, even though I told him that they tested it in NASA, the JPL and recently in Germany. I don't blame him though, there is no theoretical foundation on why it works and when you build something that works but have no idea why it works, you can't expect the scientific community to take you seriously. Their whole community is built on the peer reviewed process, and for good reason. Too many crackpots and snake oil salesmen exist in the world today. I hope this doesn't turn out to be an elaborate hoax, like the cold fusion thing. I don't understand why NASA or someone don't scale the thing up like the Chinese have done and produce something that they can show to theorists.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2015, 02:57 InBlack

Task wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 15:31:
What's more scary to me is that issues like those are generating a more apathetic tone in the public. Like "haha, this thing is spying on me" "hi nsa/facebook/whatever, here's my meta-data." And we know powerful organizations are still getting away it which is what generated the apathy (because when something goes truly unpunished, those that do it continue their practice); since all that spying activity was swept neatly under the rug. Its a very strange, scary, and fascinating part of history to be in.

This. More scary than the actual spying itself is the people who seem to be perfectly okay with it. They seem to be in the majority, and they seem to be very hostile to anyone making a big deal out of it. Im very careful about my online footprint. However when you agree to install this OS you are basically signing away ALL of your digital right for MS to use as they see fit. It's not Microsoft selling my data to the highest advertising bidder thats bothering me. It's Microsoft giving it away to the NSA or any other national government agency that wants it. No warrant required, no probable cause, nothing. I don't care about the NSA spying on me, Im not a US citizen so that is their job, but sooner rather than later my own government's equivalent agency will request access to the same backdoor and will probably get it, if MS wants to keep doing business in my country that is.

For those of you who still feel this is not a big deal go read 1984.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jul 31, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 23:50:
It does look good but Rome 2 really soured me.

I dunno, I enjoyed Rome II, warts and all. Sure it was a bit fucked up on release, some patches later it was a little bit less fucked up. But I never pretended that it had to be anything other than an epic battle simulator with a relatively simple strategic layer thrown in for good measure. I don't really care about historical accuracy and shit like that, and since this is basically fantasy, Im thinking it's perfect for the Total War team...

Still wished they went with the 40K, but this looks pretty good too...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 31, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Yep the first AI will probably be used to spy on regular people, read their mail, snoop on their private lives as much as possible. NO 'MURICA WOULD NEVER DO DAT! Yes they would. As would any western government with that capability. Google or Facebook already do it for money. Your government would do it for something a little bit more sinister. To make sure everyone knows their place, and thereby protect rich peoples' money.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 02:27 InBlack

Call of Duty, re-skinned!  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
31. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 30, 2015, 07:44 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 09:39:
The console version of Diablo 3 is much more fun, both in terms of features and the controls being more amenable to frequent input with my ancient arms. Never thought I would say that but uh there it is haha.

Not to mention trading. Yes the console version has trading. Trading would be the one fix that would maybe make me reinstall D3 and it's expansion and check it out again. (The other being, proper PvP)

17. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 30, 2015, 06:03 InBlack

Xoxotl wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 05:50:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:33:
Because we're sick and tired of the stupidity of religious kooks. We're fed up that we can't have nice things because of them. If it weren't for religious assholes we'd already be livig in a Trekian paradise by now.

Trekian Paradise? The only thing holding back humanity from utopia is religion?

Riiiight.

I consider myself agnostic, but Yeahyeah has a point. Somebody mentions God in a partially positive context and militant atheists freak the fuck out. It's almost Pavlovian in your response.

Militant atheists? How many militant atheists do you know? How many have you heard of that are you know...militant? As in they bear arms and crusade and kill for their cause. Now how many militant religious orders exist at this moment? How many have existed throughout human history? How many have killed, maimed, raped and pillaged in the name of one God or another? How many are killing right now in the name of Allah and Jihad?

Go take your apologist bullshit somewhere else, there is no such thing as a militant atheist crusader fighting to eradicate all religion. An absence of belief is not a belief in itself and Yeahyeah's obviously trolling post makes no sense either way. Since the Exorcist has nothing to do with Atheism or atheists anyway.

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
18. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 05:50 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 04:01:
InBlack wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 02:19:
I just downloaded these drivers from the Nvidia Experience control panel...I have Windows 7....???

On a related note, I'm getting weird horizontal flickering on my screen. This started when I upgraded to a GTX970, it's hardly noticeable but it's there in games. During standard desktop operations, surfing, etc. I'm not seeing it. Do I have a defective card? Defective cable? Is this a driver issue? I tried googling it and most believe it's an issue with cables, connectors or alternatively something with vsync. I'm kind of going out of my mind because it's something you can hardly notice and maybe I'm starting to see things....

Do the troubleshooting. Exclude factors from possible causes. Crosstest your cable, your monitor, your GPU. Use HDMI? Try DVI cable and output. Use monitor? Connect your PC to your TV. Etc.

Yeah going to try something like that tonight. I do have a TV connected to the PC so will try dual displays to check whether the artifacts appear on the TV as well. Will also try and switch the display ports and as a second to last resort try a HDMI cable (The monitor is connected with DVI cable atm). If the artifacts are still there then it's either in my mind or it's a faulty card...

14. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 30, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:03:
God has blessed him? So what? Did he curse him before? Is that how that works? Fucking religious kooks I swear.

Atheists freak out against invocations of God so much it practically lends credence to movies like The Exorcist. 'The Power of Christ Compels You!' could easily send some atheists screaming bloody murder and spitting pea soup.

Go look up the definition of the word atheist in a dictionary. It will help you not make a complete fool of yourself in the forums the next time you use it. Who knows, if you keep it up, maybe you might even grow a brain at some point in the future.

70. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 03:18 InBlack

As for gun control vs free for all. How bout we use some common sense here. A 6 year old kid can pick up a gun and shoot themselves in the head, or shoot their dog, or their parent accidentally. Now remove the gun from the equation.

Q. E. FUCKING D.

Ok try to convince me how gun control would totally suck! TRY!

69. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

I haven't read the whole thread but I'm with Blue on this one. Now that I've kind of looked at the last few posts I think I'm gonna have to delve into the thread  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
36. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 30, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

LandrosRadick wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 16:29:
In regards to the license: Microsoft still owns all DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT rights of Mechwarrior and Battletech. Both in Trademark and Copyright. IGP (or Infinite Games Publishing, the original publisher of MWO) transferred their commercial license right (they paid Microsoft for) to PGI before or just after folding. So now PGI is a direct licensee developer, rather than going through IGP.

Any other company can do the same and become a licensee of the property and develop games, however PGI is pretty notorious for not wanting to share even a fraction of the community, a la being threatened by MWLL's expanding features and basically told the devs to shut it down or "else".

So what you are saying is that regardless of the Kickstarter this is not going to happen?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 30, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:05:
Oh, so he's going to commit that sociopath to an asylum where he can get the treatment he so desperately needs?

Sociopaths are not crazy. They can also tell right from wrong, they just don't give a shit. If we started committing people without a conscience to mental institutions, we might as well give up the so called 'free market' economy, since that would include pretty much everyone on Wall Street, and the rest of the world's top bankers included...

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
16. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

I just downloaded these drivers from the Nvidia Experience control panel...I have Windows 7....???

On a related note, I'm getting weird horizontal flickering on my screen. This started when I upgraded to a GTX970, it's hardly noticeable but it's there in games. During standard desktop operations, surfing, etc. I'm not seeing it. Do I have a defective card? Defective cable? Is this a driver issue? I tried googling it and most believe it's an issue with cables, connectors or alternatively something with vsync. I'm kind of going out of my mind because it's something you can hardly notice and maybe I'm starting to see things....

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2015, 02:25.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 29, 2015, 04:07 InBlack

ViRGE wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:12:
NKD wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:43:
In most Kickstarter/crowdfunding failures there isn't going to be recoverable money.
Exactly. Pay up with what? They failed because they used up all of their funds attempting to deliver the product int he first place.

Im sure that this will be the excuse when Star Citizen goes to hell...

9036 Comments. 452 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo