Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6673 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 10:24 InBlack

gwenavirre wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 10:14:
Since the site was sent a copy of the game, they were obligated to review it. The game score is positive and on par with metacritic. And the moral score is pretty much expected. Not sure why that's so hypocritical.

They seperate their 'total' score from their 'moral' score. That way they dont get blacklisted by the publishers and get to cater to their Christian readership. This to me is hypocritical because they are pretty much setting double standards. Is this a moral thing? Is it the proper christian way of doing things??

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 10:14 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 10:07:
Finished with True Detective last night. Without getting into spoilers I enjoyed it but agree that it never fully lived up to the potential shown by the 3rd and 4th episodes. McConaughey deserves some awards for his performances as Cole, guy has some serious acting chops when he gets the right script. I will definitely be interested in seeing what they come up with next year, I hope its an entirely new setting with no reappearances from the old cast.

Cant wait to watch the last episode!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 10:13 InBlack

...14th anniversary of the announcement of the original Xbox. That seems surprisingly recent...

Recent? I dunno, 14 years is still quite a bit in my book. Worst of all it feels like yesterday, which only makes it worse...

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 10:01 InBlack

Chirst Centered Gamer, now with DOUBLE the hypocrisy of your regular gaming rag!!!!

FIRST we heap praises upon the game and its designers!!

THEN we admit that its a moraly dubious cesspool of sin!!

Lastly we recommend that you buy it anyway!!

How cool is that??

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:43:
InBlack wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:20:
Private server lobbies? What the fuck?? Let me guess no dedicated server support either, no lan??

The matches themselves run on dedicated servers but they are not player run if that's what you're asking. There is no LAN support though I'm not surprised by that omission these days.

It is a good game, at times even a great one but they needed another year to flesh it out with more content IMO. I know people will crap all over this because Microsoft is trying to herald it as the Xbox One savior but it's a legit fun FPS game and certainly better than CoD these days.

I am personally not going to bother due to my backlog and Dark Souls II but people should definitely give it a whirl if they like twitch FPS games for $45 or less IMO.

I dunno. I kind of stay away from anything released or published by EA. I was about to try and get over my revulsion with EA and give BF3 a try, as it turned out (eventually) to be a pretty good game, but then they had to go and anounce an almost CODesque sequel in its alacricity. So yeah, Im interested in this but Ill wait for the price to drop and or see how long it takes them to actually admit that 'support' for this game will be in the form of a fully priced sequel to be released 12-18 months from now....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 09:20 InBlack

Private server lobbies? What the fuck?? Let me guess no dedicated server support either, no lan??  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 06:59 InBlack

Armengar wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 05:11:
Russia vs US? It will be bigger than that. Even Germany is starting to get behind the Ukraine and they have a lot to lose. Gas is the only currency Russia has over Europe. If they shut the pipeline then Europe lose 30% of its gas supply overnight - that will be enough to plunge countries into darkness.

France, Spain and UK are much less reliant on Russian gas for the obvious reasons above. Germany not so.

However, Russia needs the gas to survive financially, their banks have already gone from 5% to 7% interest in a week. That is not a good sign. US and Europe can simply add targetted sanctions. This is no longer USSR days where black market goods were only for the wealthy, even regular citizens want their starbucks. If the sanctions are piled on then it wont be as easy as sending the KGB to shut the masses up. The military is not quite a commissar based as the old soviet days either, troops are taught more, require more and are paid more.

Crimea will be annexed, that is obvious but the cost to Russia will be great as borders will simply close to Russia. UK will start fracking and release the massive reserves that are already being proven to plug the Russian gas gap. Russia will collapse financially or become a Chinese puppet.

Overall the US will sit and wait. They will possibly use this to establish bases, listening posts, fly zone rights etc for monitoring purposes. Overall nothing will happen, Crimea will be annexed and Russia will lose a lot of trade benefits from EU and US. A good indicator will be the number of Oligarchs selling Russian Roubles there is a steady decline of USD vs RUB - not massive yet - but compared to (say) EUR to USD to GBP there is a decline.

Possibly the worst thing the US and Europe can do is impose sanctions on Russia. In the short term this will damage the European (and to a lesser extent the US economy), people have already mentioned the gas problem. What most dont realise is the sheer economic marketplace that will be lost for EU and US manufacturers and exporters. Russia's considerable market will be closed off to them. Not to mention the fact that falling living standards in Russia will lead to extremist right and left wing factions gaining popularity and eventually power. You think Putin is bad??? Do people really want another Soivet Union or an equivalent of the Third Reich rising up in the biggest and most resource rich country on the planet??

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 05:03 InBlack

loomy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 00:44:
you idiot fucks who criticize this game are THE REASON game publishers don't let developers disclose information early. you generate negativity out of thin air. you can only feel with your hearts and hope that your hearts will go on.

there has never been a game doing this crazy combination of things. but if you haven't spent hours studying, you wouldn't know that. and you're not expected to know. you're expected to shut up and wait, not hate.

have a little respect and wait 2 more years like you do with every other game. you neanderthal holes

I fear for your mental health. Maybe you should limit your visits to Bluesnews?

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
54. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 04:55 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:02:
Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 21:37:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 21:22:
It really has nothing to do with this game in particular. It just seems like news about every big game on Blues gets shit on by a few regulars who like to regurgitate the same lame jokes over and over. Usually directed at specific Publishers/Developers, without actually ever trying a game. This place used to be fun, is my point.

Just ignore them. Waxing nostalgia about the old days doesn't do anything, I've been reading a long time before commenting and it wasn't any better back then either. I think you will be hard pressed to find a website any different, it's the nature of public commentary. I would never let someone else ruin my enjoyment of something I like, whether it's a website or a video game.

I want some of the shit everyone in this reply thread was smoking, because apparently we bashed Titanfall in this topic..... Which is pretty funny... because I read every post and don't see anyone doing that. Even Cutter was mildly friendly ,p

So don't mind me interfering in your dream world ... but we are talking about something that isn't even related to Titanfall....it's about review scores for MP games in general...

What? How dare you write something that actually makes a lot of sense and completely refutes the ridiculous, unintentionaly ironic and hypocritical claims of both Trevellian and Redmask?? We have a reputation to hold up, we are haters and trolls right??

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Console Crisis Mar 10, 2014, 11:28 InBlack

Hanneth wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 11:16:
Actually there was a reason to upgrade to the PS3 when it came out. You could play blu-ray discs. You had to have a HD TV to do this and the selection of videos wasn't that great at the time. Also you could play most of your PS2 and PS1 games. It was an upgrade.

With the PS4, you can't play PS1, PS2, or PS3 games from disk as is. PS4 does not support Blu-ray 3D yet. (A deal breaker for me) Cannot currently play CDs, or MP3s. Basically the PS4 is an alpha product, it is feature incomplete.

The Xbox One suffers the same problem of being an alpha product. They shipped with features missing they knew some people want. The new start screen apparently worse than than the 360, which is being worked on. While it is a definite upgrade in being able to watch Blu-rays as well as DVDs, it doesn't support Blu-ray 3D either.

All very good points.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 10:52 InBlack

avianflu wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 10:50:
PC gaming is doing rather well in the recessionary climate.

Not so sure about the new consoles though. SONY has no money and its stocks are junk status. MS created a livingroom spying device that few people actually want.

You are wrong about the XBOX. Just like the new windows, its selling rather well. Microsoft is so ubiquous that if they put shit in the box (which in a way they did) it would still sell well. People are stupid.

5. Re: Console Crisis Mar 10, 2014, 10:51 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 10:24:
Is there a compelling reason to upgrade if you already have a PS3 and/or 360? Looks like a lot of the big titles that are releasing on the xbone and ps4 are also releasing on the last gen, and not looking that much different. I got a PS4, but the last console I owned was a PS1, so I don't really have a perspective if there's a good reason to upgrade right now.

There is no reason to upgrade your console ever since youre not really upgrading, you are buying a brand new system. So the real question is do you have money to burn?

News Comments > Space Noir Announced
2. Re: Space Noir Announced Mar 10, 2014, 10:48 InBlack

Wildone wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 10:05:
3p? Instapass

I was excited until I read that it was going to be released for the PC and Tablet....

Well now, a space combat game for the tablet. Seriously?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
16. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 10, 2014, 08:22 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 23:12:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 21:47:
We all know that tablets have uses but PC's are better for work and serious stuff like games.

I wish articles proclaiming the death of the PC would take a hike. And they ignore laptops which are basically PCs as well.

Read the article. it does NOT ignore laptops. Tablet sales passed desktop sales in 2013.

I've yet to hear one thing you can do with a giant box that you can't do with a slim tablet other than build it yourself.

Anything that requires processing and graphics power. Developing programs and apps comes to mind, writing code etc, making/producing music in a number of programs such as Cubase to name one example, any task that requres a lot of keyboard use such as writing a lot of emails, using a wordprocessor or using excel.

Some of these things can be done on a tablet, but they are pain and are usually not worth the effort and are a waste of time. Basically what Im saying is this:

I've yet to hear one thing you can do with a slim tablet, that you can't do BETTER or FASTER with a giant box PC. (or laptop)

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

wtf_man wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:26:
Reports suggest Watch Dogs runs at 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One.
Hows dat cloud workin' out for the Xbone owners?

Im not sure most would know the difference unless someone pointed it out to them. For that matter Im not sure most PS4 owners would know the difference either.

As a general rule, people are stupid. This is why MS is still raking in the big bucks.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
4. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 09:22 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:17:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:10:
No mention of a gamepad requirement or even recomended?? Does that mean that mouse and Kb will be fully supported in the port?

if u checked the news at the top of yesterday you'd see this...

"[..]On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo."

Yep you are right, thanks for that.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 09:21 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:07:
nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:57:

I'm averaging about an orange an hour, so far...drops are waaaaay better than they used to be.

I think they went almost a bit too far with smart drop or whatever it was called. I am drowning in loot every time I play, it feels a bit absurdly rigged that almost every item I find is awesome and useful.
I don't see myself playing for 100 hours though so that's fine by me. It's a bizarre comment I know given the games history with terrible loot but it's like they were so sensitive to the complaints that they went too far in the other direction. I think they will end up tweaking it down a bit and find a nice middle ground for the packrats who will play this nonstop for months. Even if they don't I like this result much better than getting nothing for hours on end so I'm glad they erred on the side of caution.

This is just something to pass the time between new game releases for me so if they want to fill my loot bucket whenever I play then hey whatever

I dont know why Im not seeing this? Maybe things are slightly differntly tweaked on hardcore? Or it might be a level thing, Im lvl 14-15 and drops have been pretty much standard but at this level it might be hard to notice this.

Im going to play a longer session today to check it out further.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
1. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

No mention of a gamepad requirement or even recomended?? Does that mean that mouse and Kb will be fully supported in the port?  

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 06:26 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 05:48:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 04:50:
Wait I lied, Im not gonna ingore the hostility.

Your fault He didn't seem hostile at all...

Either way, yeah, the game has a super weird load lag issue when it sits on anything that's not a decent SSD. For giggles I moved the game to my storage HDD and its nigh unplayable. Lags of up to half a second every few minutes.

I dont understand why the game doesnt make more use of RAM. I have 16 GB of it for Christs sake...MIght move it over to my SSD but right now that would involve a lot of work and clearing up for it by removing apps which I use on a frequent basis. A lot of work for a clearly unoptimised game. I might move D3 to a flash disk. Used that fix ages ago and strangely it improved performance quite a bit. I think there was also a fix with virtual memory. Its fucked up that i have to research this shit 2 years after the game was released...

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 06:32.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 04:50 InBlack

Im just gonna ignore all the hostility and respond acordingly, no Im not bullshiting. I didnt get a orange drop from the King.

I have over 15 bnet friends, they are simply not playing. Why oh why would that be???

Under settings it specifically states "HARDCORE CHARACTERS CANT CHANGE GAME DIFFICULTY". And everything is greyed out. Granted I was already in the game.

There is nothing wrong wih my computer, I currently run and play DCS: World, a very resource hungry and intensive Aeroplane simulation and it runs very very well on my system.

The game runs well once it loads, but it keeps loading shit on the fly and during those times there is noticable slowdowns. This is an ENGINE limitation.

Wait I lied, Im not gonna ingore the hostility. Fuck you too, you patronising asshole.

6673 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo