Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7804 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Getaway Day Interviews
11. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 04:12 InBlack

Im getting Elite on release and all the rest be damned. Im gonna trade my way to the biggest ship in the game, and then Im gonna fly off to the center of the galaxy and check out the supermassive black hole in the middle.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 05:08 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 01:21:
True that. I also asked about the availability of the SP campaign back in August when they made BF4 a part of Origin Game Time and when someone confirmed that you can in fact play the campaign, I downloaded BF4, finished the campaign and uninstalled. Worked like a charm.

Careful. People might get the idea that you are a dirty thief who steals from the rich to give to himself.

News Comments > Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PC Revealed?
1. Re: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PC Revealed? Nov 25, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Dead or Alive?

You spin me right round, baby right round, like a record baby right round, right round....

Pleased

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 02:36 InBlack

Thanks for all the tips people, there are some good ones there that I will definitely check out!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 09:44 InBlack

Guys. I need some suggestions on what to watch (series). Ive just finished Boardwalk Empire and I have run out of ideas.

On another note, I watched Interstellar on Saturday and I gotta say it was pretty good. It does have some constency issues but otherwise its a very enjoyable (and mostly accurate from a hard science POV) Sci-Fi flick. As for direction it was very ambtious of Nolan to even attempt to film it, and he pulled it off to perfection. The special effects never felt overdone or obviously CGI and the acting was superb. I even enjoyed Fat Damon.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2014, 07:43 InBlack

I tried FC4 over the weekend @ friend's place and I gotta say that apart from the fairly impressive graphics the game is uugh, bad. Glad I didnt buy into the hype and buy it (after the awesome Blood Dragon I was tempted). The humour falls flat on its face, the story from what Ive seen is likewise lackluster. The movement through the world feels sluggish and nonresponsive, sort of like being stuck in molasses. What the hell is up with that? I dont remember Blood Dragon being like that, although my memory isnt what it used to be. Also, the control scheme and UI is weird, but then again all othe Far Cries had that problem.

Maybe Im getting too old for shooters. Hummm.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
50. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 06:27 InBlack

Another question. Is there intelligent Alien life in the Elite Universe? Because that would be pretty fucking cool. It would add another significant gameplay dimension to the game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
36. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 02:49 InBlack

...They outline a detailed limb-damage system which tracks four different damage levels for ten different limbs, explaining the visual and gameplay impact of injuries. They also discuss their version of respawning, available medical devices, how injuries can be healed, and how incapacitated teammates can be dragged to safety...

Anyone read this part and keep a straight face? I know I sure as fuck couldnt. Anyone?

Seriously, this project is turning into the biggest fucking facepalm like...ever.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
44. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 02:40 InBlack

I watched about an hour of gameplay footage last night, just some Scottish dude messing around and flying in a fighter, looking for trouble and exploring. Was really impressed by some of the graphics and especially the fights once he got into some. Other than that the game is rather lacking. Feels like EUROtruck in space, although thats not necessarily such a bad thing, especially when space is so pretty and big to explore. The TrackIR functionality is also nicely integrated into the game. I can see myself getting into this game. Has anyone here tried piracy? Is it a viable option to advance in this game??  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 11:10 InBlack

I dont remember having to hold down anything in Skyrim or Oblivion to look around?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 11:07 InBlack

Happy birthday Blue, and thanks for keeping this 'oldschool' site alive and kicking through the years.  

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
3. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 11:01 InBlack

Which means its about 9 and a half years ago that I stopped playing vanilla WoW. I remember being quite entranced by the game back then, still I stopped playing when it became obvious how much time and effort I had to invest in the game on a daily basis.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2014, 11:09.

News Comments > Goat Simulator MMO Update Released
5. Re: Goat Simulator MMO Update Released Nov 21, 2014, 02:36 InBlack

"MMO simulation so good youíll think itís real"

Ok I loled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 21, 2014, 02:33 InBlack

Unknown Soldier wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 01:35:
Agreed, it was my most fun game of the year so far. A lot of fun to 100% on Xbone. It was pretty easy once the upgrades started rolling in and you could stunlock mobs or just go into super-execution mode if you needed to recover, but still a lot of fun getting up to that point. The only thing I was disappointed in was the boss fights.

As for people complaining about the label "free content", well some people are just never happy no matter what they get. If the entire game was free they'd still complain about it.

Once I started to roflstomp the orcs (about a third of the way into the main story) the game lost most of its draw. It was fun for a while but I cant see myself finishing it. Shame really, the game had great potential but it got repetitive very fast.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

Axis wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 09:56:
This was a kickstarter - hopes and dreams don't always come true, as we all know, when you gamble with kickstarters-- if you have any concerns keep your money in your pocket no matter how much you have to waste.

This isn't some random loser dev who just decided to take the money and run. You gamble for certain aspects you expect, and if the product is close you got your money's worth.

Although I agree with this sentiment, Frontier and Braben have shot themselves in the foot with this, and badly if I might add. If they promised an offline single player game, then they should have delivered. They knew ages ago that they were going this route of single player game with an online DRM component, dynamic galaxy updates (or whatever description floats your boat) and they should have made clear that the game requires an internet connection as soon as they knew it would. Doing it this way is scummy and below them, it reeks of douchebaggery and it sets a precedent for Chris Roberts to exploit once the shit starts hitting the fan with StarCitizen and all the myrad of impossible promises they made...

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
34. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 08:46 InBlack

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 08:17:
Marketing 101 - assignment: your company overbooked massively an event. 80% of the paying customers could not get in for three days, until a quarter to a third of them gave up, at which time the rest could then access the content. Spin this to make your company look good.

WOW is still the best MMO ever, but, this roll out was a fiasco, and now that it is over, players have started to enjoy the new content that by all reports is excellent. Next roll out I am blocking out a week to play something else until the dust settles.

You just described every single Blizzard product launch since the original WoW came out. They always 'promise' to get the infrastructure up in place and are always 'surprised' that they so underestimated the demand. BS on an unprecedented scale, considering the billions of dollars involved funny that they keep getting away with it. Gamers are quite the whipping boy and publishers know this only too well...

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
77. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 06:21 InBlack

Orogogus wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 03:03:
InBlack wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:44:
This is probably true for the new generation of consoles (since they are brand new and there is little content for them so far) but there is no firm data on this one way or the other. I think when you compare Xbox360 and the PS3 (as one category) to the PC the numbers would be about even.

I don't think it's even close. If you go to Pirate Bay or kickass.to or wherever and look at the number of torrents, seeders and leechers you can at least get an idea. Put in "Far Cry 4", sort by seeds; the entire first page is PC torrents. The top torrent has about 5500 seeds while the first 360 torrent has 101 and the first PS3 torrent has 57, keeping in mind that there are many more PC torrents than 360 and PS3 combined. Eyeballing it, it looks like about 20,000:200 (360+PS3) seeds.

Of course the actual numbers aren't going to be exactly that proportion, but unless you're in a complete state of denial you can at least see which way the wind's blowing. You'd have to stretch pretty far to try to claim the real ratio is 1:1.

Dude. Are you serious? You cant take ONE game and a fairly recent one at that as proof of anything. Go to the VERY SAME SITE and type in any number of console EXCLUSIVE games in the search box...

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
74. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 02:44 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:22:
Piracy is higher on PC games. Simple fact. It's unavoidable.

This is probably true for the new generation of consoles (since they are brand new and there is little content for them so far) but there is no firm data on this one way or the other. I think when you compare Xbox360 and the PS3 (as one category) to the PC the numbers would be about even.

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
29. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 02:27 InBlack

.Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:13:
Endo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 22:50:
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

You mean like Kanye West?v (Or Justin Bieber?)

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 08:48.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

What model is the replacement? Hopefuly your mechanic is an honest guy (well honest 'enough') and your replacement doesnt end up in the shop too often. Sorry to be so pessimistic, Ive never had anyhing but horrible luck with mechanics and used cars, mileage may vary on these things  

7804 Comments. 391 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo