Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7180 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
5. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 09:55 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:45:
I saw some kids playing minecraft at the local park

Im trying to picture this in my head but really cant get it to work with my (limited) imagination. Were they like sitting in the sand pit and playing it on their laptops?? Worried

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR
4. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR Jun 26, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:35:
InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:29:
Great, so 6-12 months before it hits live....

Hope they reveal another expansion at blizzcon this year...more classes, please.

More trading please. And PvP. Without these two things Diablo is dead to me There is no reason to interact with other players, none whatsoever. I find this very sad as Diablo 1 and 2 used to be great places to hang out, and shoot the shit once in a while...

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR
1. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR Jun 26, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

Great, so 6-12 months before it hits live....  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 07:54 InBlack

grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 07:29:
I don't hate Germany, as a nation or as a people, but I do hate the fact that they have attempted to gloss over WW1, WW2, and the Holocaust in their history books and popular culture.

You are a hater and a bigot. You are also completely misinformed and just plain wrong. There is no glossing over of history in Germany, the shame all Germans feel with regards to Nazi Germany in WW2 is very real and very well represtented in both its public education system and its history books. Even Zionist Israelis acknowledge this fact.

Also get one thing straight, supporting a government in a time of war is not the same as knowing or being complicit in all of its crimes.

Ever heard of the Nuremberg trials??

By your fucking 'grudgebearing' logic, the entire world population would be at each others throats 24/7. Maybe its time I picked up a grudge against the 'nation' that invented (and used) the most destructive weapon in all of human history (the Atomic Bomb)....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 06:02 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 13:45:
Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Gonna have to watch that and The Magnificent Seven again real soon. RIP Eli.

I watch the Good, the Bad and the Ugly at least once every two years or so. Goddamn what a classic. RIP Eli....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Valiant Hearts: the Great War Jun 26, 2014, 05:38 InBlack

grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 01:08:
walrus1 wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 00:57:
grudgebearer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 00:48:
Task wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 23:17:
...one of the few times a world war game has acknowledged a German as a human being...

A human being that had full knowledge of the fact that their government was mass-exterminating Jews, Roma, homosexuals, the handicapped, and any other group of people that didn't fit into their eugenic insanity of creating a master race? Are those the people that you are worried about as not being portrayed with "humanity" and "compassion"? There's a terribly small violin playing somewhere, but for the life of my I just can't seem to hear it over the sound of wailing in the death camps.

Wrong war there professor. You're thinking of World War II not I. A war that happened 30 years in the future. By the way how much the average German knew and how much the rank and file enlisted soldier knew is a debated topic, with lots of variations according to where they were stationed and where they lived.

The same people who fought in WWI were the people who sat by while their neighbors were rounded up in cattle cars 20 years later. This idea of portraying early 20th century Germans as anything other than the shitheads they were is historical revisionism at its best. But let's disregard the fact that these guys were the ones that developed weaponized chlorine gas to use on the battlefield, and instead romanticize history and show how this one guy didn't actually want to fight.

Guess how many French/British/Serbian etc... didn't want to fight but didn't have any choice when the Germans decided to come trotting into their countries?

You are a horribly misinformed, vitrolic, troll of a human being. How is hating an entire nation for the sins of their masters any different from how the Nazi's felt about the Jews you asshole??

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
9. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 10:55 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 10:45:
Bad Company....they won't deny.

I see what you did there.
Great, underrated band BTW.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 10:51 InBlack

"I just wanted to take a funny picture in the Vagina Statue"

What could go possibly go wrong?

61. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 05:40 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 23:30:
harlock wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 23:13:
Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 21:35:
harlock wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 21:18:
"muslim" isnt a race, genius

Nice cop out, Bill Maher.
Regardless, most muslims belong to one race. It's de facto racism.

how is that a cop out? do you even know what that means?

and all muslims are one race? so whos racist again? methinks the lady doth protest too much...

I didn't say "all."
And it is a cop out. Rather than address the fact that he made a gross generalization, you're nitpicking. That's a cop out.

Speaking of looking things up, you need to look up what "de facto racism is." Hint: the Tea Party uses it all the time. Screw it, I'm done with this conversation and don't want more derailing back and forth so I'll just tell you - de facto racism is when someone says something not based on exactly and claims it makes them not racist because, even though the statement covers almost exclusively one race, there are tiny percentages of other races covered as well.

You cant accuse someone of generalization and then generalize in the very next post. Thats called hypocrisy. He was definitely generalizing, and he was being a dumb asshole but he wasnt being racist. You were when you assumed that nearly all muslims are one race. There are Albanians, Kurds, Turks, Khazakis, Afghanis, Arabs, Persians, Pasthus, etc. etc. etc. who would like to have a word with you.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 24, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

JSP wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 17:09:
I understand that there is Pavlovian, frothing rage and loathing whenever Microsoft is mentioned in BluesNews, but bing is just another service that one can opt not to use. Just like one can opt not to install the 'optional' bing desktop in windows update.

I use the search engine sometimes and they do a pretty decent job. Its Map is actually better than Google for its cleaner and more intuitive interface, imo.

Pavlovian rage?? You guys at Redmond are beyond salvation. Truly.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
15. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 03:47 InBlack

Yeah great way to run your pet project Chris. Put it up to a vote. Like you didnt know how that was going to turn out. Then give em a plant. They didnt want. Here have a plant. Thank you....douchebag.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 10:55 InBlack

I predict a draw between Germany and the USA. I predict this based on my keen sixth sense and well I dont want to be cynical or anything but Klinsman used to be Loew's boss back in the day.....

Also, Croatia wins tonight!!!!! Sorry amigos...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 10:03:
InBlack wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:25:
Well...technically these chips are mostly made in Tawain, China, or Vietnam....so erm....yeah I guess they could go local, but a better bet would be that they should just make their own with cheap foreign slave labour...

I wouldn’t give the Asians too much credit for those chips. Yes, they make them for us, but all of that tech was built and designed by us. I seriously doubt the Russian Chips are very good or reliable compared to Intel and AMD who have been making them for decades now. The Russians will be playing catch up for a very long time.

I was being sarcastic, but now that you mention it: The "Russian" chips which were mentioned in the article are actually licenced versions of ARM processors. A UK company. Sure the US has all the patents, but once you get the factories up and running, who cares about patents and IP ownership right?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 09:55 InBlack

Yakubs wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:44:
The entire sport is sketchy. Bunch of grown men with 10 pounds of gel in their hair pretending that a gust of wind broke their leg.

And then you have this guy:

Ivica Olic

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
5. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 09:50 InBlack

necrosis wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:47:
Punkbuster incorrectly banning people?

I hear water is wet.

Those are just rumors. There is very little evidence that confirms that hypothesis.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

With regards to "stoppage time". Its a matter of discretion by the main referee. It depends on many factors and cant really be something that's timed to the second, because the game clock is never stopped during any kind of break in the game, free kicks, fouls and whatnot.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 23, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:25:
Microsoft to finally give Bing the international love it needs.

The only love Bing needs is a tombstone. Google is still infinitely more useful despite the commercialization and at least Google stopped trying to infect desktop computers a few years ago whereas Microsoft is still trying to dump Bing into Windows Update. It magically shows up even after being hidden every time there is a new version too.

Yeah Microsoft showing its class...Nothing like some extra adware/spyware to sweeten the deal...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

Well...technically these chips are mostly made in Tawain, China, or Vietnam....so erm....yeah I guess they could go local, but a better bet would be that they should just make their own with cheap foreign slave labour...  

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
1. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 09:22 InBlack

People are still playing this? Man, this game is so 2011....  

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
15. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 23, 2014, 05:40 InBlack

This guy is a riot, quote from Reddit:

Question, how many copies have they sold?

Alex:
Steam doesn't want me to say, so I can say we've sold over one hundred thousand so far

7180 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo