Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8897 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

MajorD wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 12:23:
Nadella is another buffoon! Microsoft has been taking/making positive steps toward a universal app to bring all three platforms (Desktop, tablet, and phone) together for some time now, but this buffoon's knee jerk decisions will potentially derail it all before Windows 10 (desktop & tablet) is released the end of the month and the Windows Phone 10 is released, along with new flagship phones this fall.

Typical Microsoft - throw a much of time/money/resources at a promising project, but then just scrap it while it's building momentum for potential success.

I guess that's what happens when a company has a plethora of money and buffoons at the helm.

Not sure if sarcasm....

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
104. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Well now! I guess since they all refuted every single one of our concerns, by saying that NONE Of them are true, I guess that makes everything allright! Everything is fine and dandy, yesiree! Nothing wrong, with the development, everything is going exactly as planned when the original Kickstarter was developed, the master plan of our glorious leader is unfolding exactly as it was supposed to. Don't falter now, believe! It will happen! It will! It will!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Bans
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Bans Jul 10, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 10:39:
My first thought about this was "Why bother?"

In other MOBAs with solid laning/gank phases I could see this being advantageous, but in HotS? I admit it could provide some advantage, but in no way worth the risk of being caught and banned.

Cos they can? People enjoy the feeling of power it gives them over other players and over Blizzard. Generally speaking human beings are assholes, and assholes will resort to cheating or worse if given the chance....

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
17. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 10, 2015, 02:11 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:23:
This game is nothing like nor has anything in common with Star Citizen and I don't even understand why that game was even brought up other than some of you have a raging boner for hating on the game and have to find any excuse to. Which is sad, honestly.

You know what else is sad? There is no game. Where is this game that everyone hates? Can you show me this game? Can I play it? Where is it? How can people hate something that doesn't exist?

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2015, 02:39.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies - Shadows of Evil Revealed
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies - Shadows of Evil Revealed Jul 10, 2015, 02:05 InBlack

Nuhauser wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 22:30:
I'm just having trouble seeing why Perlman and Goldblum bothered

Because, $$$?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

No scruples (or morals) and way too much money. What could go wrong?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 9, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Marketing dumb shits making stupid moves. Don't they teach these assholes something about brand recognition? Or is that not a thing anymore? Well who cares. Are they going to be making a force feedback joystick again? No? Fuck em then.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2015, 02:56.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 18:14 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:09:
InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 12:42:
nin wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 10:09:
In all fairness, you're comparing something over 900 years ago with something that happened 10 years ago, where survivors and families of those lost are still very much living.

True that. But like you said, it wasn't intentional and we can't go around apologizing every time we unintentionally hurt someone by speaking our mind. If we did, we would spend every waking second apologizing to someone for something.

What's wrong with apologizing when you say something stupid?

Nothing, but did Blue really say something stupid or particularly offensive? He mentioned a bloody date. Something so completely arbitrary and commonplace and most importantly unknown to him, and people still called him out for it for not remembering it's significance.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 12:42 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 10:09:
In all fairness, you're comparing something over 900 years ago with something that happened 10 years ago, where survivors and families of those lost are still very much living.

True that. But like you said, it wasn't intentional and we can't go around apologizing every time we unintentionally hurt someone by speaking our mind. If we did, we would spend every waking second apologizing to someone for something.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content Jul 8, 2015, 12:31 InBlack

Not hating, just lamenting the fact that Bioware used to make good RPGs.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP Jul 8, 2015, 12:24 InBlack

Blue wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 10:07:
InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 09:44:
There is nothing secret about the MMR, its a simple points based system that takes into account your win/loss ration. Nothing more, nothing less....unfortunately.

So what is your MMR then? If you don't know it, then it's secret.

There you go:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=2576802

Not a secret, after all Not entirely accurate as it doesnt log every single match, but pretty close on average. (If I uploaded all of my replays, then it would be 100% accurate)

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

On the 8th of July, in the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, 1099. AD. 15 thousand brave Christian soldiers marched around the walls of Jerusalem in procession to take the fight to the Heathens and start the Holy fight that some say is still being fought today....

Im not making this shit up. So no worries Blue, and no need for an apology.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 8, 2015, 09:52 InBlack

wait what?  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content Jul 8, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

How the mighty have fallen....  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailers
1. Re: Overwatch Trailers Jul 8, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Anyone here in the closed beta?  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP Jul 8, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

There is nothing secret about the MMR, its a simple points based system that takes into account your win/loss ratio. Nothing more, nothing less....unfortunately.

Im not playing at the moment, not sure if Ill go back to it at some point.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2015, 12:27.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
139. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 08:24 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 07:52:
InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 05:11:
Oh common, Tumbler is one of the biggest defenders of SC on this board and you know it.

I don't recall that...

Maybe you're thinking of this chump?

Oh yeah, hehe. Tumbler has at least lowered his expectations quite a bit in the interim, while theyarecomingforyou has simply doubledowned with the fanaticism.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 08:13 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 06:28:
3. Braben's game is a hollow shell. I don't know if SC will also be a hollow shell, but it seems like they're trying to flesh it out a bit before release. Also, don't forget that Braben fucked us all by getting rid of offline play, which CR is not. CR and Braben are taking different approaches, but I'm not sure that Braben's will be superior in the end.

Ever played the original Elite? The new Elite is basically a carbon copy, with prettier graphics. This is ALL that Braben promised, and he delivered. Big. Time. I too am a little bit let down by the 'big empty' of Elite, but at least he shipped a game, and one that the diehard fans of the original Elite wanted. I am not a diehard fan, far from it, but there is no way Im dissing the man for not living up to someone else's expectations. Braben shipped a game, what exactly did Chris Roberts ship??

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
26. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 08:08 InBlack

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 07:44:
Inblack, and anyone else with small amounts of playtime available:

There are a lot of things you can do with small amounts of time, but DO NOT join a pvp server. Every time you log in, you'll likely be dead and everything gone, except you retain your experience level. Also, capturing most dinos does take a little time, so if you only have an hour you likely won't have time to find, subdue, and train anything larger than a Dilo, or maybe a scorpion (they're rideable, we're not talking insect).

Yeah well, these kinds of games are precisely interesting and exciting because of the high risk and penalty of death. My biggest gripes with most MMOs are the no-penalty deaths. I just dont find them fun or interesting. Several hours to tame a large Dino. What does that look like? You stare at a progress bar or what? Is there gameplay involved, because arbitrary time sinks suck balls...

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
137. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 05:11 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 04:39:
InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 04:10:
Post 130. That's just one. There are a few others but I don't feel like going through the entire thread again.

There is no defense of Star Citizen in that post, just good ol' fashioned dsmart bashing.

Oh common, Tumbler is one of the biggest defenders of SC on this board and you know it. dsmart is an easy target, but at least he ships the games he wants to make, no matter how flawed they are.

8897 Comments. 445 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo