Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7506 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
44. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 04:34 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 23:40:
Julio wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:32:
Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:28:
I thought #gamergate was fighting the media being too close?
People that think this is solely about the media: you probably should distance yourselves and use a new hashtag that doesn't have this kind of baggage dragged into it.

#Gamergate is many things to many people. No need to use a new hashtag, that dilutes the impact. Of course the other side would like us to do that...

This isn't a Godwin I swear, but learn from Hitler about fighting a way on two fronts.

You can split gamers into four quadrant. One access is how much they care about journalism, another is how much they care about supposed feminism. By making #gamergate just about one of those quadrants, you push away two others.

Actually it is about one thing, an asshole ex-boyfriend who wanted to get revenge on his ex-girlfriend. It turned into another completely different thing when the when internet trolls went wild with the story. OMG Internet trolls going wild, who would have thought!? It then turned into the whole corruption allegation thing when emails were leaked that exposed the correspondence between journalists and developers who collectively decided to downplay the personal story and use the whole affair to push the feminism agenda into the forefront.

None of this is surprising. What is surprising is the reaction of the developer/journalist community in how they have decided that GAMERS, ALL GAMERS!! are somehow to blame for the worlds patriarchal and ingrained misogynist culture. Shit like that pisses me off no end. Most of my gamer friends are progressive intelligent people who think about shit like that more than most. Its fucking depressing to read what most people who work in the industry think of their 'fanbase' and it makes me angry. It shouldnt but it does. I guess Im passionate about my hobby. Shoot me. Furious

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 04:40.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
22. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 04:13 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 00:48:
reviews seem to be all over the place.

IGN gives it 9.3, while EuroGamer/GameSpot gives it an 8 and Destructoid giving it 6.

this bit from IGN is interesting...

"[...] ultra-high texture setting that requires a full 6GB of video memory"

are there even video cards with 6GB of VRAM?

No but the PS4 uses 6GB of unified memory. So there you have it, lazy porting. Surprise, surprise....

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
11. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 26, 2014, 04:07 InBlack

Sho wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:46:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:31:
Generally I find games that try to be scary more stupid than frightening.

You're not wrong. The only actually-frightening game I can think of is the overlooked gem Undying.

What about the first AvP?? I think that was the only game where I left one of the campaigns (Marine) unfinished due to how fucking terribly scary and unpredictable the enemies were.

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
10. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 04:02 InBlack

Prez wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 02:15:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 22:56:
They'll eventually run out of time periods to build a game around so this kind of overlap seems like an inevitability.

They have yet to touch China, and there is always alternate history and fantasy. Modern warfare simply would not work for the type of gameplay the series utilizes; the designers have mentioned that more than once in interviews.

It sort of could, if they decided to do the WH40K setting. Although they would need to to revamp certain things completely. Im probably going to be skipping this even though I liked TW2 for what it was, it wasnt that deep a game as the original but it was fun. I liked stomping Europe with my Roman sandal.

I for one hope that they do an early to late mideaval period game, the rise of the Franks and Charlemagne is probably the most crucial period in the history of Europe as they were the only force in Europe at the time capable of withstanding the push of the huge First Caliphate which spread from the straights of Gibraltar, all the way to Mesopotamia. Hell if it wasnt for the Franks the world would definitely be a wholy different place today.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 05:37.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 11:34 InBlack

Looks promising. Cautiously optimistic.  

5. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 11:13 InBlack

ldonyo wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:50:
It is a gathering of essays on GamerGate by a game developer, who happens to be a woman, who would only do it if The Escapist did not reveal the names of any of the participants. I find that completely understandable, given the current level of over-reaction to anything related to this.

The fact that these women feel they need to keep their identities hidden when saying anything because they fear reprisals, up to and including having their pictures and addresses posted for others to use in harassing them for their expressing views, is just plain sad. It's ironic that the behavior these women are so fearful of absolutely confirms everything they're speaking out against as women gamers and game developers.

Really?? It confirms everything?? Have you even read these statements or are you just parroting shit to make yourself feel holie than thou? Do you know how this whole sordid affair even started? How it was blown out of all proportion by inflating the horrible shit posted online by a small minority to deflect the issues which were originally raised??

Dont you have a problem with your ENTIRE community basically being told to shut the fuck up and take it, because of a few rotten apples??

1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 10:12 InBlack

An anonymously written article interviewing anonymous female game developers.

Really, just...I dont know what to say. I consider myself a rather leftist (Im not gonna say liberal I dont believe in that term) and openminded individual. I definitely and firmly believe in an egalitarian society where women can and should enjoy the same rights and privileges that men do.

But this article (if indeed it is legit, since its anonymous there is no way to check but for the sake of argument lets say that it is) shows the huge misguided disconnect that game developers and their 'journalist' cronies have with regards to their readership/customers. We are ALL trash to them, we should lick the ground on which they walk and most of all we should be bending assbackwards to take their bullshit games as gospel from Christ Almighty.

They are circling the carriages, so fucking typical of the modern reaction of anything coming out of the Americas today, without really taking a good long look at the real scope of the problem.

Just like it was proven in Iraq and Afghanistan (and will be once again with this IS fight bullshit) you cant dump a one million dollar smart weapon on a mud-brick shack and call that a win.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
67. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 25, 2014, 04:18 InBlack

NKD wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:38:
InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 07:44:
NKD wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 07:24:
You say Blizzard "suffers from a lack of creativity" but then in the same breath try to paint them as foolish for experimenting with something that didn't end up working out. Which is it?

When was the last time Blizzard created an original game? The last one I believe was Diablo1. Their biggest success (WoW) was basically a rehash/remix of the most popular elements of Dark Age of Camelot & Everquest sheathed into the ever popular Warcraft skin. They make succesful games, hardly original ones though.

There's more to creativity than originality. Some of the best TV shows, movies, music, paintings, stories, or any other form of art are just "rehashes or remixes" of some concept that's been done a dozen, hundred, or thousand times before. Sometimes context and execution is more important than the originality of the concept.

Especially since we have hundreds of years in the history of entertainment, it's getting real hard to find a concept that some idiot can't accuse of being a ripoff or rehash.

WoW is just a ripoff of EverQuest, which is just a MUD with some rudimentary 3D graphics glued on the front end, and MUDs are just computerized versions of pen & paper games which are just gamified versions of centuries old fantasy tropes. Go back far enough and some fucking cell deciding to undergo mitosis was the last original idea.

What you are going to use the argument from evolution? For this? Please man, give me a break gaming has been around how long compared to any of the other forms of entertainment out there?? Originality is definitely a part of creativity, and while I applaud them for ripping off other games and then improving on them that doesnt change the fact that Blizzard took their most original (and creative) product and turned it into mass consumable soylent green.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 03:00 InBlack

Rossini wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 16:39:
El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:05:
This is very sad news: Malcolm Young is leaving AC/DC, his nephew will take over for him. He is too sick to go on tour with the band next year.

DAMMIT! Thanks, Malcolm, for your great contribution to one of the greatest rock bands EVER! Best wishes for the hard times ahead, mate.

No, what's sad is when the band just won't pack it in. It becomes more of an IP than an actual band. It was one thing to keep going after Bon because they were still really just hitting their stride but it's been 35 years now. It's been a great run, let it go fellas. The more geriatric rockers I see, the sadder it is.

I find many aging rock acts to be sad as well. But check out some of the more recent live AC/DC videos on YouTube and then name me some recent bands that rock harder.

Malcolm's writing and rhythm guitar are a huge part of the AC/DC sound. Hopefully he's still up for penning more tunes. As for live shows, Stevie has filled in for him in the past and will be fine.

Ive seen them live in Budapest a few years back, and even though Im a huge fan and the concert was pretty much as awesome as you can expect, they can't really recapture the energy of their youthful performances. Rock'n'roll really is a young man's game, but hats of to ACDC all the same. We salute you.

21. Re: Einstein's Sep 25, 2014, 02:57 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 13:55:
Experiments at a particle accelerator in Germany confirm that time moves slower for a moving clock than for a stationary one.

True, but is there really a such thing as a truly stationary clock? Consider this for a moment. The Earth is rotating at approximately 1000 miles per hour and is orbiting the sun at around 67,000 miles per hour and the entire solar system is moving at approx 600,000 miles per hour as the galaxy spins. We really don't know how fast the galaxy is actually moving considering the expanding universe theory but it's safe to say that it's probably moving pretty fast.

I guess that they must use stationary as in "on the surface of the earth" as their base line of zero and anything moving faster can show this time dilation.

Considering all those other speeds I threw out which we are always moving at, I have to wonder how dilated time is already and what would happen if any of those other variables began to increase or decrease.

Edit: Oh, and there's also the possibility that the entire universe is moving as well as expanding.

Its Movement as relative to the observer. The observer (in this case on the earth's surface) is the POV from which the dilation is measured...

Or maybe its relative to the absolute c value (speed of light). Hmmmm. Can't remember at the moment which it is...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
55. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 25, 2014, 02:38 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 20:17:
A stupid 10 skill bar would do amazing wonders of making combat a lot more varied. Even though I'd ask for even more. That is one the ESO has going in the right direction, a skill bar, even though abbreviated.

Are you for real?!!! What is wrong with you man?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 02:14 InBlack

SlimRam wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 22:37:
Reviewers are raving!

"With the new exo-suit, we're definately going to see foul mouthed 12 year olds taking the whole 'bunny hopping across the map, while calling everyone gay' to a whole new level! THIS is EXCITING STUFF!"

This was always the best part of any Call of Duty game.

6. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:58:
Unfortunately the thing holding it back is the biggest part of the game. The combat is just completely basic and poorly balanced.

Yeah its kind of simple compared to say D:OS, but so far its fun.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:37:
: Fox Screwed Up 'Firefly'. But you knew this already.

NEWS FLASH!

Goddamn, that was a good show. Such a shame... Shame

3. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

Did the first mission (quest?) yesterday and gotta say Im impressed. The game is hard but not impossible, and the atmosphere and setting are perfect. If you are on the fence about this game, dont be its worth getting. (Unless you hated Fallout2 so much you never made it out of the cave)  

62. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:06:
Kudos to Blizzard for having the balls to kill a product instead of limping a half finished mess to market like EA does.

For all of their recent missteps Blizzard at least cares about the end products.

I hope that was their reasoning. I say hope because their reasoning could have very well been "Is it going to be profitable?" instead of "Is it going to be fun?".

58. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 07:44 InBlack

NKD wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 07:24:
You say Blizzard "suffers from a lack of creativity" but then in the same breath try to paint them as foolish for experimenting with something that didn't end up working out. Which is it?

When was the last time Blizzard created an original game? The last one I believe was Diablo1. Their biggest success (WoW) was basically a rehash/remix of the most popular elements of Dark Age of Camelot & Everquest sheathed into the ever popular Warcraft skin. They make succesful games, hardly original ones though.

Their most original concept was battle.net and desipite its huge success they still decided to dumb it down and turn it into a version of Steam LITE.

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
27. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 24, 2014, 05:19 InBlack

Slightly off-topic but still relevant since it is basically an indie game. I hope Blue includes a few Wasteland2 reviews for Wednsday's review section. Im having a surprising amount of fun with Wasteland2 so far. It's scratching that tactical itch, just like the XCOM remake did, and it has atmosphere in spades...  

55. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 05:15 InBlack

Yeah forgot about that. In any case the rest of my statement still stands. Hearthstone for all of its small budget 'indie' appearance is actually a very well thought out game, that only seems casual at first look. There is a surprising amount of strategic depth to the game. Its also a huge cash cow. I know more than a few friends who have literaly sunk hundreds of dollars into the game to get a card advantage. Not that there is anyting wrong with that its just that I would prefer them to go back to making games that arent purpuse built to provide just the right amount of draw to get you hooked into opening up your wallet.  

53. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 03:16 InBlack

Who wants to bet that Destiny ended up looking very similar to Titan, and suddenly they (@Blizz) were going "Ohhh Shit...".

In any case fuck Blizzard. Wake me up when they make a good game again, that isn't designed to milk the player for all he is worth and then some.

7506 Comments. 376 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo