Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7794 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
37. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 08:57 InBlack

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 08:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 20:28:
- The Javelin destroyer sale at $2500 per ship.

Suddenly I really don't feel so bad about having spent the same amount of money on a drum kit to use in Rock Band 3. Plus I can still use it outside of the game too.

On a similar note, has anyone ever looked at the possibility of releasing Lego kits based on these SC ships? At least that way you'd have something physically tangible for the money you've spent. And I'm willing to bet there would be huge crossover appeal.

Lol. I hope Chris isnt reading this thread.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 02:43 InBlack

Domgrief wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 21:48:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 20:28:
...subsidize 5000 Aurora (= starter ship) sales at $20/pc. - Those sold out in seconds, too. They were meant for new players but it seems more likely they were picked up by "grey market" sellers and big orgs etc.

Wow. I guess, for some people, Star Citizen is already a complete game.

Why even release a game at 60$, when people will buy 'ships' for an unfinished project in development at insane prices? At this point why even develop the game? Why not invest the money in new 'ships' and feelgood buzzwords and cool stretchgoals that will keep the money rolling in?

28. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 02:37 InBlack

Flatline wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 16:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:59:
I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

That would be like cutting your dick off because you got stood up for a date.

Ok, thats like the most epic metaphor ever.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2014, 02:44.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2014, 05:39 InBlack

Racism not going away? Well duh! As long as people insist on political corectness, affirmative action and all the rest of that pseudo-scientific social engineering bullshit, rascism, bigotry etc. arent going away, they are being swept under the carpet.

You know when racism will dissapear? When people stop thinking about the concept of race as a defining human attribute. Same with nationalsm, religion and all the other hatemongering identity control mechanisms that were so efficiently employed over the millenia to keep the ignorant population firmly under the boot.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2014, 03:46 InBlack

Wolfox wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 14:42:
Is Rome 2 worth playing now? I can get it for less than US$ 10 right now on Nuuvem (though it's region locked, so people outside of Brazil can't), which makes it considerably cheaper than even the 75% off price on Steam.

So, is it good now that it got a ton of patches?

I enjoyed it even without all the patches. Im sure its much better now.

News Comments > Getaway Day Interviews
17. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 08:36:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:46:
Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:29:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 04:12:
Im getting Elite on release and all the rest be damned. Im gonna trade my way to the biggest ship in the game, and then Im gonna fly off to the center of the galaxy and check out the supermassive black hole in the middle.

Oh, they'll even bring the black hole to you when they decide to shut down the servers for good... in five to ten years.

If Im playing this game five years from now it's going to be like the best game ever created in the history of gaming ever. I seriously doubt that a 50$ game will hold my attention for that long, even a space sim, I dont think any game has held my attention for that long except for maybe TF2 which I come back to every few years or so for a few months/weeks at a time.

Nice try though.

Little black holes also might pop up unexpectedly upon disconnect.

When they inevitably do, Im just gonna roleplay the shit out of the spacetime disconnects caused by those pesky singularities and wait for them to clear up.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
18. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 27, 2014, 09:32 InBlack

Numinar wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 09:08:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 05:27:
Flatline wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 00:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 21:52:
OK, is it just me or do the faces in Unity look WORSE than the faces in Black Flag? I got both for free with my XBone, and was comparing just to be sure. The faces seem blurry or something in Unity.

Dunno don't care. AC4 is probably the pinnacle of the series. I've been waiting for a good age of sail game for ages and this is as close as it's going to get I guess.

If I had just won the lottery I'd seriously consider licensing the engine and building a Napoleonic Wars age of sail game.

Lol if you think thats the best there is I guess you havent seen this:

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

Be warned, it will probably make you cum in your pants.

That looks great! But I tend not to get excited about games that haven't shipped yet, and think it's unfair to compare them to games that do exist. That thing is still in Star Citizen territory by the look of things and therefore is not much better than a dream.

Black Flag is better than this right now because it actually exists and runs quite well. It's also a fun game but would have been better as a "Pirates!" remake with more light sim action and a bigger world map.

Yeah the game is still deep in Alpha territory. However I dont think its fair to compare it to StarCitizen since the two games are so different in scope and ambition. Ive been waiting for a nice age of simulator sim for ages, and this is definitely on top of my most watched list.

14. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 07:46 InBlack

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:29:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 04:12:
Im getting Elite on release and all the rest be damned. Im gonna trade my way to the biggest ship in the game, and then Im gonna fly off to the center of the galaxy and check out the supermassive black hole in the middle.

Oh, they'll even bring the black hole to you when they decide to shut down the servers for good... in five to ten years.

If Im playing this game five years from now it's going to be like the best game ever created in the history of gaming ever. I seriously doubt that a 50$ game will hold my attention for that long, even a space sim, I dont think any game has held my attention for that long except for maybe TF2 which I come back to every few years or so for a few months/weeks at a time.

Nice try though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 05:59 InBlack

Over the years Ridley Scott has turned into the biggest fucking douchebag director in hollywood (except for maybe Michael Bay). Most of his movies are well directed, but are otherwise garbage and Im beginning to believe that he lucked out with Blade Runner and Alien, in both cases as a result of someone else's talent and hard work. Blade Runner doesnt need a sequel, but if it must have one Im glad Scott wont be directing.  

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
14. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 27, 2014, 05:27 InBlack

Flatline wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 00:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 21:52:
OK, is it just me or do the faces in Unity look WORSE than the faces in Black Flag? I got both for free with my XBone, and was comparing just to be sure. The faces seem blurry or something in Unity.

Dunno don't care. AC4 is probably the pinnacle of the series. I've been waiting for a good age of sail game for ages and this is as close as it's going to get I guess.

If I had just won the lottery I'd seriously consider licensing the engine and building a Napoleonic Wars age of sail game.

Lol if you think thats the best there is I guess you havent seen this:

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

Be warned, it will probably make you cum in your pants.

11. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 04:12 InBlack

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 05:08 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 01:21:
True that. I also asked about the availability of the SP campaign back in August when they made BF4 a part of Origin Game Time and when someone confirmed that you can in fact play the campaign, I downloaded BF4, finished the campaign and uninstalled. Worked like a charm.

Careful. People might get the idea that you are a dirty thief who steals from the rich to give to himself.

News Comments > Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PC Revealed?
1. Re: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PC Revealed? Nov 25, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Dead or Alive?

You spin me right round, baby right round, like a record baby right round, right round....

Pleased

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 02:36 InBlack

Thanks for all the tips people, there are some good ones there that I will definitely check out!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 09:44 InBlack

Guys. I need some suggestions on what to watch (series). Ive just finished Boardwalk Empire and I have run out of ideas.

On another note, I watched Interstellar on Saturday and I gotta say it was pretty good. It does have some constency issues but otherwise its a very enjoyable (and mostly accurate from a hard science POV) Sci-Fi flick. As for direction it was very ambtious of Nolan to even attempt to film it, and he pulled it off to perfection. The special effects never felt overdone or obviously CGI and the acting was superb. I even enjoyed Fat Damon.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2014, 07:43 InBlack

I tried FC4 over the weekend @ friend's place and I gotta say that apart from the fairly impressive graphics the game is uugh, bad. Glad I didnt buy into the hype and buy it (after the awesome Blood Dragon I was tempted). The humour falls flat on its face, the story from what Ive seen is likewise lackluster. The movement through the world feels sluggish and nonresponsive, sort of like being stuck in molasses. What the hell is up with that? I dont remember Blood Dragon being like that, although my memory isnt what it used to be. Also, the control scheme and UI is weird, but then again all othe Far Cries had that problem.

Maybe Im getting too old for shooters. Hummm.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
50. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 06:27 InBlack

Another question. Is there intelligent Alien life in the Elite Universe? Because that would be pretty fucking cool. It would add another significant gameplay dimension to the game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
36. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 02:49 InBlack

...They outline a detailed limb-damage system which tracks four different damage levels for ten different limbs, explaining the visual and gameplay impact of injuries. They also discuss their version of respawning, available medical devices, how injuries can be healed, and how incapacitated teammates can be dragged to safety...

Anyone read this part and keep a straight face? I know I sure as fuck couldnt. Anyone?

Seriously, this project is turning into the biggest fucking facepalm like...ever.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
44. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 24, 2014, 02:40 InBlack

I watched about an hour of gameplay footage last night, just some Scottish dude messing around and flying in a fighter, looking for trouble and exploring. Was really impressed by some of the graphics and especially the fights once he got into some. Other than that the game is rather lacking. Feels like EUROtruck in space, although thats not necessarily such a bad thing, especially when space is so pretty and big to explore. The TrackIR functionality is also nicely integrated into the game. I can see myself getting into this game. Has anyone here tried piracy? Is it a viable option to advance in this game??  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 11:10 InBlack

I dont remember having to hold down anything in Skyrim or Oblivion to look around?  

7794 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo