Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
7. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Mods, yeah I know what deqer was refering to. I just dont get the joke nin was making...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 10:44 InBlack

I envy you Blue, reading the books for the first time was fucking awesome! Also, I highly recomend Martin's Fevre Dream. Its a rather strange novel but I found it to be at least as good as anything from the Ice and Fire saga and miles better than any of the convulted vampire shit that passes for fantasy or science fiction these days...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 10:40 InBlack

Quick question, why do you believe that Facebook is the most evil corporation in the world? How is it any less or more evil than Sony, or Microsoft for that matter??  

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
4. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 10:37 InBlack

oRuin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 10:00:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:44:
deqer wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:41:
Looks like devs didn't finish their homework again and they catching up and will release the rest of the game modes later, in DLC format. That's rich.

Companies taking advantage of the "patching" system.

And generally speaking of DLC, why not make it so people can make DLC themselves and release it for free, like how it was in the 90s when people could make mods(such as Team Fortress) for Quake and release them for free.

I know someone else who probably didn't finish their homework!

Haha, so true.

I dont get it... Thinking2

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
123. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 08:57 InBlack

GL1zdA wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 08:42:
I don't get it. Why can't Oculus VR do a great gaming device after being bought by Facebook?

Being a part of a large conglomerate has a way of fucking up your priorities. For one thing, becoming a millionaire overnight could throw a dent into your work habbits. Im sure they will bring out a product at some point, but it might not be the product many of us are/were hoping for.

An example: I want a full 6DOF Oculus rift that supports a high enough native resolution so I can consistently use it with my flight simulator of choice (flight sims by definition 'need' a high res display for easier instrument reading/bogey tracking etc.)

The managers at Facebook could decide to bring us a low res cheap version of the Rift, that doesnt feature full 6DOF.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2014, 10:47.

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
63. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 26, 2014, 04:48 InBlack

Julio wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 19:59:
Killswitch wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 19:49:
panbient wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 16:07:
... did you honestly compare a video game designer to astronauts? And not just any, but the only human beings to step foot on the moon?

While Aldrin and Armstrong were the first to walk on the moon, there has been a total of 12 astronauts who have walked on the lunar surface. Just thought I would clear up this common misconception.

If you believe they actually walked on the moon.

Oh Christ. Moon hoaxers are even worse than climate change deniers...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 04:30 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 03:29:
Task wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 23:02:
Lol guys and gals, the 3000 dollar video card is a workstation card. You know, like something you put in a development box to develop games or work in CAD or whatever.

or play Star Citizen

You can play Star Citizen?? Thats news to me...

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
100. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 04:12 InBlack

Prez wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 03:46:
Two things I don't understand: why everyone is so excited about wearing this goofy bulky thing on their head and looking like a tool and why everyone is so upset that Facebook bought it.

So, basically everything about this story.

Can you see in 3d Prez? (As in do you have depth perception)

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
17. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 11:56 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:34:
How come no one is talking about how flawless this was?

Because thats how its supposed to be??

9. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 11:04 InBlack

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:32:
I like the opening cutscene, as all Diablo cutscenes. worth most of my $59 alone to see it, as I hope those artists are properly rewarded.

Is that the cutscene that was already freely available on youtube? Sure its nicely done, but Jeees can they pile on the cheese any higher????

8. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 11:01 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:46:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:35:
I'm going to wait on grabbing this, having fun leveling paragon and grabbing loot atm. It's shocking, I kill things and loot drops that I actually have to think about as a viable replacement to current gear. Also changed up to an Archon/Beam of doom build and finding killing things much easier.

Yeah same here, gonna wait and see how people feel after the honeymoon period is over. I like the changes they made in 2.0 but a few of the reviews I read this morning said that Adventure mode is kind of a letdown compared to rifts. I hear a lot of mixed stuff about the Crusader too. Hopefully some owners can weigh in on these things.

No worries there Verno. As soon as I get a char to 70 and try a few of these new modes Im going to post something along those lines. Im not going to be playing with the Crusader from the get-go.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2014, 10:13 InBlack

I think some countries are in serious need of Freedom and Liberty. They could trade their Oil, for some Freedom and some Liberty. "Good Trade" as the Sioux used to say.  

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
6. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 10:01 InBlack

I think Peter should go and talk to Lord British about what it was like in space. Then he should buy himself a one way ticket.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 09:58 InBlack

With regards to MS and Marijuana: I have a couple of friends who suffer from MS and Marijuana is the only drug to reliably help them. It goes without saying that its illegal here, even for medicinal purposes. The church (catholic) is very powerful in my country with the government donating about 250 Million Euros every year to the Holy See. This is in addition to the fact that the Church is the largest landowner in the country and is exempt from paying any taxes.  

3. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

A couple of RL buddies got me the expansion for my birthday, its not till April but I guess they wanted me back in the game. Gonna have to tear em a new one.

So I guess I will get try it out after all...lol...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 25, 2014, 04:22 InBlack

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 20:30:
Honestly I still don't think that that poll is anything more than a joke. I mean saying that a game company with, at worst, a capitalistic mentality is worse than banks screwing people over out of their homes, large-scale companies foregoing safety and dumping millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf, and then the multitude of other companies out there that are actually causing physical harm on people is rather stupid.

Agreed. There are criminal corporations out there who profit on people's misery, but in a system designed from the ground up to be inhumane and heartless I guess it makes sense to look at these things from a skewed perspective.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
17. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 11:40 InBlack

Not upgrading here. Not unless there are more changes. And PvP. I consider myself a hardcore Diablo player/fan.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2014, 08:23 InBlack

So DayZ Alpha appears to be the new Skyrim? Im not sure how I feel about an alpha game selling so well. I hope it ends up being a proper game and all.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
30. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 02:18 InBlack

My take:

Got two characters to 60 since the new patch. Monk and Wizard (hardcore). The biggest difference is the 50% extra XP buff that allows for very fast leveling and the difficulty sliders. These are welcome changes but do they really make for compelling gameplay?? Well its less boring as you dont have to run the game so many times. The new loot is great. My Monk and Wizard are death dealers from Planet Destruction of Demons. Compelling gameplay? Better then before, I will concede that but how much better??

Right now they took what was a co-op or single player game with tacked on MMO elements and an auction house, and turned it into....A co-op Single player game with no MMO elements and no auction house.

Clans? Great idea. But what's their use? Really? What is the difference between a clan and a friends list??

Public games are mostly empty. A few days ago I spent half an hour trying to join a public game to kill Asmodan on Master difficulty. Couldnt. Hmmmm. Most of the time I opened my games to the public and exactly 0 people joined in all the time i did so. Yay for Bnet 2.0!

Now to the final trick upon which the whole balance of the game hangs. Loot 2.0. I mentioned its great. Now I will mention why its not so great. The best items are once again legendaries and sets which is as it should be. They are bound on account though so forget about trading them with your friends. Yay. You get a stupid timer for trading them within your party (if you are inclined to play with friends). Forget about finding a super rare item and trading your way up to riches.

The classes all play basically the same as before Loot 2.0. The loot should basically work to augment your character skills and in a way it does, but it doesnt fundamentaly change the way the game played from before. Some of the legendary 'specials' are fun, but Ive yet to see a gamechanger or indeed an item that would allow me to build a character around a skill that was completely useless.

Yes friends, most of your skills are still completely useless before. The builds that work are the same ones that worked prior to Loot 2.0. The uninspired skill trees are well still uninspired and hardly trees.

To conclude, yes D3 is better now than it was at launch. But its still not a worthy D2 sequel. I doubt that the expansion will make it one either. (ONE NEW SKILL PER CLASS YAY!!) If you like finding 'shiny' cool loot then yeah, D3 is for you. If you enjoyed the metagame of D2 and liked building strange and fun builds for PvP or just for kicks then sadly there is nothing in D3 for you.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2014, 02:25.

News Comments > Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo
16. Re: Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo Mar 17, 2014, 05:40 InBlack

Hellbinder wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 23:43:
NKD wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 23:40:
Overon wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 23:29:
harlock wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 22:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:22:
Yeah he's got a history, but if ya look at his posting history on Blues, he's been rather insightful into other things beyond his own software,

like suing forum posters for defamation?
I think maybe Derek Smart has mellowed out.

Nah he just has a program that detects when he's having an "episode" and logs on Hellbinder or deqer instead of his other account.

That is hilarious..

not gonna lie. I like the battlecruiser games and I think its cool that small indie developers can still make niche games.

I even like it that he tears into the hoards of half-wit trollish losers out there.

Holy fuck shit....NKD was right...

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo