Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7788 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evolve Videos and Previews
1. Re: Evolve Videos and Previews Dec 3, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

Cant view the videos from work but from the writeups it definitely sounds intriguing. I really liked L4D, didnt buy into the second one and hated Valve for basically transplanting the multiplayer community with a glorified (and way to early expansion) but Im hopeful about this.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
25. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 07:25 InBlack

yuastnav wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 05:17:
So I just read this article and it doesn't sound promising. At all.
It just sounds boring.

What a shame.

Man, what I'd give for a proper MMO racing game. Or another Interstate '76 with coop and an open world.
Just something with multiplayer open world racing and optional explosion nonsense.

An I76 remake (or reimagining or something) of some kind would be awesome, as long as it contained an awesome soundtrack as well as all the cool customization options of the original game. Fat chance of that ever happening though, but a man can dream....

21. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 04:04 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 03:25:
Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:10:
From a metacritic user review standpoint, looks like it's doing well. 7.3 overall, compared to 2.3 for Ass Creed Unity; 5.7 for DA:I; 7.8 for Far Cry 4

Except people giving DA:I a 5.7 and Far Cry 3.5 a 8 on average are braindead poptarts and not someone you should use as basis for any logical game rating judgment...

The only thing that site is good for is ego ratings, not game ratings..

Actually I find Metacritic very good at what it represents. It represents an average of averages. Just like IMDB. Taken like that it is an accurate representation of what people think about a said game. With DA:I for example its a 5.7 because its got so many GUI issues, not to mention Origin's taint of death, EA's rep and then you have DA:2 and its fanbase of braintards who will probably shit over DA:I for attempting to bring some complexity back.

20. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 03:58 InBlack

Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:10:
From a metacritic user review standpoint, looks like it's doing well. 7.3 overall, compared to 2.3 for Ass Creed Unity; 5.7 for DA:I; 7.8 for Far Cry 4

Give it a few days.

News Comments > Hearthstone Goblins vs Gnomes Next Week
2. Re: Hearthstone Goblins vs Gnomes Next Week Dec 3, 2014, 03:56 InBlack

This game has been my guilty pleasure. Looking forward to getting some more variety in the ladder play. Tired of scumbag hunters, priests and warlocks just dominating everything.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 3, 2014, 03:45 InBlack

Yifes wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 00:51:
Comparing the Quake and Descent scene to LoL is like comparing highschool basketball to the NBA. Your Quake and Descent players wouldnt be able to handle that level of competition.

Dont know about Descent but as far as Quake1 is concerned you are full of shit.

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Dec 3, 2014, 02:42 InBlack

loomy wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 15:24:

also: star citizen will be in development for a decade! the scope is huge and they have ~10 inexperienced teams working on it. they need as much money as they can get.

Ahahahahahhahahahah, oh wont you please defend CR and crew some more. Please. Wait I need to wipe the tears off my face first....

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2014, 04:07.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
24. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 3, 2014, 02:29 InBlack

One day Chris Roberts will rule them all. Peter Molyneux and John Romero will be but his angelic disciples when they stand next to the God of Hype...  

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
12. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 3, 2014, 02:23 InBlack

ViRGE wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 20:36:
Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 17:49:
Does it hurt fps? Bandwidth? How badly? How does it stack up to twitch?
As a non-Twitch user, what's wrong with Twitch exactly?

Well for one thing, you dont need to set up the stream, the web camera, fiddle with the graphics settings etc. etc. etc. You just fire up the game, and if someone (friends) wants to obs they just do so.

Obsing is back. Well done Valve.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 2, 2014, 08:05 InBlack

Scud wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 23:44:
Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 16:09:
Personally I've never understood the attraction of jewellery and have never worn any. And that status hasn't changed. It's just that dumb people get it wrong and believe it's about ostentatious displays of wealth, when it's not.

I totally agree, unfortunately the world is teeming with dumb people who think ostentatious displays of wealth actually make them special.

You just took the biggest giant dump on 99% of the people on the planet. Not that I disagree with you, but that's just the way it is. People love to flounder their social status and wealth, we are programmed at a genetic level to do so. It's not limited to jewlery. How else to explain the trophy wives/mistresses, the lavish lifestyles of the rich and famous, the MTV videos jammed with Bling, the hundred billion dollar yachts of the oligarchs, etc. etc. etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2014, 02:47 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 19:03:
BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 18:24:
So I saw Interstellar at an IMAX theater. I'm searching and still haven't found the answer to this question, which seems to be a plothole in the story: If humans did indeed build the wormhole, how did they end up going to another galaxy, in order to later build the wormhole, without the wormhole in the first timeline? Or did they inhabit another local planet, then built the wormhole in order to change the timeline so they could go to another galaxy? It's either a paradox or a contradiction in the story of the movie. Of course, whether humans or aliens created the wormhole was merely conjecture by the main protagonist at separate points in the story.

The next day I saw the Penguins of Madagascar -- which I felt was a much more enjoyable movie.

Because science!

Yeah Mr. White! Yeah science!

Welcome to the wonderful timeline paradoxes. Thats the problem with time travel, they break causality. Whats really really cool about that is though, that modern physics actually allows for that as an eventuality. Of course it definitely requires some very fancy extra-dimensional math, but of course that was never gonna convince Jihadi John or the fundamental christian neighbour next door.

I didnt find the timetravel paradoxes disturbing, they are supposed to be like that. I really hated the part where he enters the black hole though without being torn into an infitesmaly long strand of elementary particles. Also he gets spat out of it at exactly the right time for a patrol of earth spaceships to find him, just as his air was about to run out. Jesus I hate these happy ending concessions so that the average Joe walks out of the cinema satisfied that the Hero is going to bang Catwoman.

Yeah basically the movie was great except for the last 15 minutes or so. Still like 50 million times better than Prometheus though...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming
2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming Dec 1, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Is this the patch that removes the suck?

/sorry had to be asked

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 09:17 InBlack

Mickey Rourke reverting to giant douchebag? Say it aint so...

(unless he knew the fight is rigged and that the man was homeless and had a disability, that would put a completely different spin on everything)

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2014, 09:23.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
38. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 09:01 InBlack

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 08:57:
panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 08:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 20:28:
- The Javelin destroyer sale at $2500 per ship.

Suddenly I really don't feel so bad about having spent the same amount of money on a drum kit to use in Rock Band 3. Plus I can still use it outside of the game too.

A hobbys a hobby. How much is a new set of golf clubs? Or a rifle for hunting? We gamers are no worse than anyone else.

While I agree with you in principle on this nin, there is a big difference between a virtual ship (or plane in my case) for a game that is complete and in working order and a pre-sale of virtual 'limited' items which you cant even use yet in said game. Also the pice is fucking outrageous, even if the game was to be released tomorrow with ALL systems intact and all strechgoals completed the price is still way to fucking inflated.

I paid 50$ for the Mi8 helicopter module for DCS. This module and all its systems are modeled on the real thing, down to the last button, not to mention the flight model....Thousands of man hours went into its design and and programming. I consider that money well spent.

But 2000+$ space ships for a game thats not even close to release? Thats seriously fucked up, by any definition of the phrase.

37. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 08:57 InBlack

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 08:13:
- The Javelin destroyer sale at $2500 per ship.

Suddenly I really don't feel so bad about having spent the same amount of money on a drum kit to use in Rock Band 3. Plus I can still use it outside of the game too.

On a similar note, has anyone ever looked at the possibility of releasing Lego kits based on these SC ships? At least that way you'd have something physically tangible for the money you've spent. And I'm willing to bet there would be huge crossover appeal.

Lol. I hope Chris isnt reading this thread.

29. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 02:43 InBlack

Domgrief wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 21:48:
...subsidize 5000 Aurora (= starter ship) sales at $20/pc. - Those sold out in seconds, too. They were meant for new players but it seems more likely they were picked up by "grey market" sellers and big orgs etc.

Wow. I guess, for some people, Star Citizen is already a complete game.

Why even release a game at 60$, when people will buy 'ships' for an unfinished project in development at insane prices? At this point why even develop the game? Why not invest the money in new 'ships' and feelgood buzzwords and cool stretchgoals that will keep the money rolling in?

28. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 02:37 InBlack

Flatline wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 16:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:59:
I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

That would be like cutting your dick off because you got stood up for a date.

Ok, thats like the most epic metaphor ever.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2014, 02:44.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2014, 05:39 InBlack

Racism not going away? Well duh! As long as people insist on political corectness, affirmative action and all the rest of that pseudo-scientific social engineering bullshit, rascism, bigotry etc. arent going away, they are being swept under the carpet.

You know when racism will dissapear? When people stop thinking about the concept of race as a defining human attribute. Same with nationalsm, religion and all the other hatemongering identity control mechanisms that were so efficiently employed over the millenia to keep the ignorant population firmly under the boot.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2014, 03:46 InBlack

Wolfox wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 14:42:
Is Rome 2 worth playing now? I can get it for less than US$ 10 right now on Nuuvem (though it's region locked, so people outside of Brazil can't), which makes it considerably cheaper than even the 75% off price on Steam.

So, is it good now that it got a ton of patches?

I enjoyed it even without all the patches. Im sure its much better now.

News Comments > Getaway Day Interviews
17. Re: Getaway Day Interviews Nov 27, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 08:36:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:46:
Lord Tea wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 07:29:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 04:12:
Im getting Elite on release and all the rest be damned. Im gonna trade my way to the biggest ship in the game, and then Im gonna fly off to the center of the galaxy and check out the supermassive black hole in the middle.

Oh, they'll even bring the black hole to you when they decide to shut down the servers for good... in five to ten years.

If Im playing this game five years from now it's going to be like the best game ever created in the history of gaming ever. I seriously doubt that a 50$ game will hold my attention for that long, even a space sim, I dont think any game has held my attention for that long except for maybe TF2 which I come back to every few years or so for a few months/weeks at a time.

Nice try though.

Little black holes also might pop up unexpectedly upon disconnect.

When they inevitably do, Im just gonna roleplay the shit out of the spacetime disconnects caused by those pesky singularities and wait for them to clear up.

7788 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo