Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7506 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
23. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:42 InBlack

All i care about is Squadron 42. But he's gotta be on drugs if he thinks Im gonna be paying through my nose just to get 'episodic content'. If its a single module fine, but maybe they should be focused on finishing that instead of releasing space towels every few weeks.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer
13. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 13:28 InBlack

Fion wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:08:
Firaxis has said time and time again that this is not a spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri. And it looks similar to Civ 5 because it's entirely based upon it. Why build an entirely new game mechanically when you have the most successful in your series history right in front of you.

I think as the game is played it will become more and more its own game. I'm happy to see there are some Civ V expansion goodies in there from the get-go, like trade routs.

I've already pre-ordered this, Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Witcher 3. I genenerally try to avoid succumbing to hype (has saved me hundreds this year so far!) and only pre-order from companies I trust, who have a consistent record of hits.

Thats a shame though. At least IMO. A proper sequel to Alpha Centauri would be much more cooler than just another Civ sequel 'in Space'. With that said the game does look pretty awesome and although I dont like the prevailing browns and greens Ill be keeping an eye on it just the same.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
20. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:14 InBlack

Squadron 42 is going to be released in episodes? What the fuck is this guy smoking?  

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
29. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 06:44 InBlack

LanikTnt wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 12:57:
InBlack wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 10:12:
Same here. Love the game, hate the company, and the excessive grind. There are ways to do F2P and then there are ways to do F2P. Wargaming has proven over the years (I have been a player since beta) that they care nothing about the community and that their priority is to maximise profits.

Not trying to be argumentative, but just curious: What specific issues do you have with the game that they don't want to address? I used to play this, just got bored with it is all.

How far up the tank tiers did you get? Did you have even one TierX tank? I noticed you said that you played for nearly a year and did not use premium at all.

This is my biggest gripe with the game, it is virtually impossible to climb the tank ladders and get TierX tanks without paying money. And the game really only starts at TierX, at least for Clan Wars it used to, I havent played in a while but I doubt that has changed.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 30, 2014, 10:17 InBlack

Jay Wilson and his asstastick team are the reason why Diablo3 sucked major balls. However you cant lay all the blame on him. The whole culture at Blizzard has changed over the years, its no longer just about making the best game ever. He is a product of that culture. It is also the main reason why we cant have nice things anymore, like chatrooms, trading rooms, a game browser, PvP and of course trading without BOA. Even with all the improvements Diablo3 on the PC is a ghost of a game.  

3. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 10:12 InBlack

Tumbler wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 10:01:
This sounds interesting, will boot this up and check it out. I can't wait for the update they showed for the terrain becoming more destructible and realistic.

Love this game.

Same here. Love the game, hate the company, and the excessive grind. There are ways to do F2P and then there are ways to do F2P. Wargaming has proven over the years (I have been a player since beta) that they care nothing about the community and that their priority is to maximise profits.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

I hope the game doesnt end up sucking for you who preordered. Also. Please dont preorder games in the future. This is an appeal from the heart! You are ruining our hobby. Pre-order volume is one of the biggest factors in determining a game's success at least for most big name publishers, and I believe it is the reason why so many games end up being released as messy, buggy, broken or just plain boring pieces of shit.  

1. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

Suck dicks Wargaming. That is all.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
17. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 09:26 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 08:49:
by most accounts its doing pretty well.. so we can probly say its a success for monolith

now what im wondering is if they will be going anywhere else with this series... like if they could do one based on the simarillion - dude that would be fucking rad

Exactly my point. Hell they could make ten games like this with different heroes who feature prominently in Silmarilion. Hell they can even make one where you play as 'young' Sauron while serving Melkor/Morgoth...

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
30. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 30, 2014, 05:31 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 14:47:
Slashman wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 09:11:
They quoted 'GTA in space' as how they wanted to make the gameplay.

GTA in space? Seriously?

GTA in space is totally possible, personally i think it would be super awesome

but the x series is not even close to it

Quick! Someone tell Chris Roberts. Smells like a great cash-gra...erm..I mean stretch goal for StarCitizen!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2014, 05:24 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:50:
Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 10:04:
People in China line up for everything.

Yeah, it's conditioning. They see a line and hop in just in case they need to be there. Xbox One? Shit, I thought maybe this was the toilet paper line. Oh well.

Just like people in the States line up for the Apple i(InsertRandomDevice). Its called conditioning.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 05:20 InBlack

Ceribaen wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 22:58:

Lore-wise I think it'll make your blood boil if you think too much about it.

Yeah I dont get it. With all the events that took place during the first and second age, you would think that someone would have the balls to use some of that rich lore and those heroic characters instead of making up some random dude and inserting him into the gaps of the storyline...

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
4. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 10:02:
Speaks volumes about this franchise when they have to publicly state the game will work. And Helf has the right of it. Work? Sure, but how well?

In other words they are lying through their teeth. Which is not really that surprising, since this is EA we are talking about after all. Boggles the mind as to what length people will believe a talking head over their own previous experience though.

27. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 29, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 09:51:
InBlack wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 06:15:
Nobody releases a broken product by design.
Of course not. But they BROKE it when they made some very bad design descisions

On that point, we are in complete agreement.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
2. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

Holy shit!!! They are promising to ship a game thats going to work out of the box??!! You gotta be fucking shitting me, I mean who in their right mind ever ships working products at launch, right????  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 09:43 InBlack

Same here, Boardwalk really got off to a strange and slow start. I cant remember what happened in the last season though, or even if I finished watching it. I think something more compelling for me might have gotten in the way and I sort of forgot about going back to it.  

24. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 29, 2014, 06:15 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 05:53:
Rebirth was a nearly dead project, because Egosoft couldnt get it right after years of developement and the rescue operations by Koch Media ruined the game finally for good. This game is BROKEN by design.

Nobody releases a broken product by design. I agree that it was released as a broken and flawed product, and that many design attributes plainly just dont work. But thats incompetence, not intent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

I have a pretty solid oldschool toliet, since I live in an apartment building that was built like a fortress. (It was originally designed in the 50s to house Yugoslav Army Officers) The bowl was replaced a few times but I dont recall the toilet clogging up like ever until one day it did. Badly. I had to remove the bowl and needed to use one of those thick wire thingies to get throgh the blockage which I managed to pull up and examine. It was mostly water chalk and...human hair. I couldnt even blame my Gf at the time, it was my hair. I wear my hair quite long and I need to brush it regularly as it gets all tangled up and shit. Well I used to drop the loose hair down the toilet....big fucking mistake. I sure learned my lesson.  

20. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 29, 2014, 02:34 InBlack

Rigs wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 21:06:
Ok, I understand that people are still pissed about Rebirth and I don't blame them. Still, I have to give Egosoft credit for putting their necks out to try something different. They did the same game 4 times in a row and while most would've loved more of the same (and maybe even landing on planets? Drool ) they gave us this instead. That's their prerogative, so be it. Unfortunately, their gamble didn't turn out the way they'd hoped. It happens. What looks good on paper and in your head doesn't always pan out, but Egosoft being a business, it's not like they could just throw it out and retouch-up X3:AP and call it X4. People that bought Rebirth would bitch about being abandoned and thrown away and others would complain they're doing the same old thing again. So what can they do? They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Instead of throwing in the towel, they hunkered down and started fixing Rebirth, just as everyone who played it, begged for them to do. Now, a year later, with Rebirth not exactly burning up the charts or flying off the shelves (do they even have shelves anymore? Was there even a physical release of Rebirth?), understandably, Egosoft, as said being a business, is in need of new capital to continue. So, like pretty much every other game dev out there, they bring out DLC or an expansion to bring in needed funds.

I'm not seeing the problem here. Whether you like the reality of the situation or not, it's still reality. They need money to continue. Every business does. They're trying to fix Rebirth as fast as possible instead of throwing it to the wolves and working on some cash grab or rehashed X3:AP sequel (which, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind, but still...). What you decide to do with your money is your business. But I understand the reasons why they're doing what they're doing. And you know, just as well as I do, that many other devs do that same exact thing...does it make it right? No, but they are trying...

=-Rigs-=

Oh bullshit, they released a broken half-assed attempt at a game. Even more so than with their usual outings. There are whole crucal systems missing and it shows. The one ship thing. The speed travel highway, omg. The myrad of graphical quirks and errors including the inability to look around in your cockpit (did they fix this wtf?). The horrible, horrible ingame trade/command menus. In fact the whole UI is a nightmare. There was no excuse to release a game that was at best half done.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

Ill take these early reviews with a grain of salt. Still Im optimistic, eagerly awaiting the first writeups from the regulars at Bluesnews.  

7506 Comments. 376 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo