Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 6674 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators?
6. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators? Mar 28, 2014, 10:24 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 09:46:
How would they not be sued for this?

Educated guess? They have paid for limited rights to use the character. With the money that COD rakes in, Im guessing it wasnt much of an issue.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
19. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 07:11 InBlack

NKD wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 21:21:
wow
such person of interest
so sandbox
watch doge
wow

Internet win of the day!

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 28, 2014, 05:00 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 14:22:
InBlack wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 10:59:
No mention of the biggest gripe of D3. Account bound items. As Im playing Reaper of Souls (which has been surprisingly enjoyable otherwise), its the biggest source of frustration for myself and my friends.

Hopefully they remove this arbitrary restriction.

account bound items is probably their way of combating gold and item farming sites now with the removal of the auction house.

Its bullshit. If someone wants to farm gold and items, let em! I couldnt care less, and now that the AH is gone 99% of the players wont notice it either. THe AH was a bad idea, but trading and showing off your cool gear is like half the damn game...

News Comments > Runic Cofounders Leaving
15. Re: Runic Cofounders Leaving Mar 28, 2014, 04:55 InBlack

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 15:00:
I'd love to see a team with these guys lineage (Diablo/ARPG) do a FPS-ARPG like HG:L.

Bill "Sushi" Roper showed that you can mix the typically isometric ARPG elements into a FPS/3rd Person view and still have an ARPG feel to it. Of course he messed up because he was more interested in Adverts and MMO style subscriptions for HG:L instead of just concentrating on making a good solid game, but HG:L could be fun.

If I ever won the lottery, I'd make a go at making an improved HG:L style game.

Agree 100%. HG:L actually had more potential at launch than Diablo3 ever did. They just fucked it up even more as time went on. They should have marketed it and sold it straight up as an ARPG and ditched the subscriptions, the game would still be running today had they done that.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
47. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 11:07 InBlack

007Bistromath wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 10:51:
Well, now I feel kind of silly. What on earth made me think blues posters would have anything approaching a sense of perspective?

Par for the course. Someone disseminates your argument and suddenly boohooo its blues posters...boohooo.

Dont let the door kick you on your way out.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2014, 11:35.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 27, 2014, 10:59 InBlack

No mention of the biggest gripe of D3. Account bound items. As Im playing Reaper of Souls (which has been surprisingly enjoyable otherwise), its the biggest source of frustration for myself and my friends.

Hopefully they remove this arbitrary restriction.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
8. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 10:44 InBlack

This game needs to be commended for its realistic depiction of grease-stained sunglasses. Its worth 10 bucks, for that alone.  

36. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 06:25 InBlack

007Bistromath wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 05:12:
They aren't all trolls, after all. Some of them simply can't handle not winning. Now those types can rest easy in the knowledge that when they lose, it's not their fault; everyone else they play with really is cheating, just like they always claimed was the case. Others are honestly curious about experimenting to make better bots, and have wanted a game to do this to them since forever.

Cheaters dont deserve ANYTHING other than a kick in the face. Experimenting with AIM bots? Really?

Cheating in a MP game is wrong and unfairto everyone else involved, and cheaters should not be rewarded for cheating. What exactly is Respawn trying to promote here? Hey cheaters, cheat all you want, we will make a SPECIAL league for you!! Do you realize how much that will INVITE cheating to the game? Not to mention the fact that this is EA and Origin we are talking about here, not the most apt in the world when it comes to dealing with issues of cheating. Case in point, every single fucking multiplayer game on Origin...

33. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 05:05 InBlack

mag wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 04:43:
InBlack wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 04:12:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:26:
How is this a good business decision? I thought gaming companies made tons of money banning accounts and getting people to buy new ones? Interesting. BTW FYI this post is Trolling Free.

I was going to ask the same thing. I dont think cheaters should be allowed to play the game in any fashion. This is cutting them some serious slack. Also while this sounds fun on paper, I have trouble believing that this system is 100% fullproof. There will be a lot of false positives and regular people will get stuck in these cheat servers.

So you would rather the false positives be banned from the game entirely? Confused!

Whats worse? Playing with cheaters or not playing at all? Id rate them about equal. With that said, when you are banning people you need to make damn sure you lower your false positives to an absolute minimum. Since this isnt really banning, its just 'flagging', and since this is EA we are talking about Im thinking there will be problems down the road with this system. A lot of poblems. No wait, strike that. A shitload of problems, if any of the other EA games are anything to go on...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
52. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 27, 2014, 04:53 InBlack

Cutter said it best. ESO deserves better than typical MMO fare.  

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
43. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 27, 2014, 04:38 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:37:
MajorD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:33:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:17:
Nighthawk wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 17:12:
So 15 days after the "ships ahoy" they've said the DLC is "almost done" and the sheeple are still buying and falling for this (essentially) day-0 DLC?

Using "sheeple" in a response automatically cheapens any reply.

Oh come on nin, it (sheeple) is a perfect portmanteau word.

It's a terrible term used exclusively by idiots that can't comprehend anyone disagrees with them.

"Pepsi is for sheeple. Real people can think with their tastebuds and drink Coke. Poseurs and sheeple and white-knighters, man."

You only say that because youve been called a white-knighter by pretty much everyone on this board at some point. Why would anyone have a problem with any word in the english (slang or not) language if its used in a proper fashion?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 27, 2014, 04:26 InBlack

TheWitcher wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 03:19:
"Being in VR, running down the hallway in a first-person shooter while youíre actually sitting in a chair ó thatís too jarring for me. I canít really enjoy that. But being in a virtual experience where I donít move a lot, I can really enjoy that. The sense of presence is so strong and good that you really do believe you are in a virtual world."

Thinking2

Are they already dumping on the gaming?

Well to be fair, simulators fall into the category where you dont move with your body. (You drive a vehicle that moves but you are inside a fixed point in the vehicle)

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 27, 2014, 04:25 InBlack

Uh oh. Ok after reading that interview, Im concerned. Anyone else notice how many times they try to shift focus from gaming to something they call the Virtual Reality 'Experience'? Yeah, looks like the faceshaft is going to be nice and deep.  

News Comments > 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit
18. Re: 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit Mar 27, 2014, 04:16 InBlack

Yeah, I cant decide which company is more deserving of our derision. Id have to go for Gearbox, since you cant really fault 3DR for spending all that money on hookers and blow.  

29. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 04:12 InBlack

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:26:
How is this a good business decision? I thought gaming companies made tons of money banning accounts and getting people to buy new ones? Interesting. BTW FYI this post is Trolling Free.

I was going to ask the same thing. I dont think cheaters should be allowed to play the game in any fashion. This is cutting them some serious slack. Also while this sounds fun on paper, I have trouble believing that this system is 100% fullproof. There will be a lot of false positives and regular people will get stuck in these cheat servers.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 11:17 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 11:11:
I'm glad others are having a good time with it but I don't know, this just didn't grab me at all. Floaty, janky combat with most of the MMOisms I've grown to dislike. For me this doesn't capture what makes Elder Scrolls games enjoyable or really do anything to distinguish itself in any way. Anyways I'm not going to make any F2P style comments but I'll definitely be passing on this, just not my bag.

Despite being a huge Elder Scrolls fan based on your (and several others') recomendation I will be skipping this. Plus Im not stupid.

11. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 InBlack

So anyone still playing this? How's it look now that the shine has worn off a little bit??  

7. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Mods, yeah I know what deqer was refering to. I just dont get the joke nin was making...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 10:44 InBlack

I envy you Blue, reading the books for the first time was fucking awesome! Also, I highly recomend Martin's Fevre Dream. Its a rather strange novel but I found it to be at least as good as anything from the Ice and Fire saga and miles better than any of the convulted vampire shit that passes for fantasy or science fiction these days...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 10:40 InBlack

Quick question, why do you believe that Facebook is the most evil corporation in the world? How is it any less or more evil than Sony, or Microsoft for that matter??  

6674 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo