Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7382 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 8, 2014, 03:52 InBlack

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 17:01:
sport
noun

: a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other

Well, what constitues a physical activity? Is moving a chess piece on a board a physical activity? What about having 350-400 highly coordinated clicks per minute on a computer screen?? According to this definition, Chess and Starcraft are both a sport.

There is a reason why ESPN doesnt accept eSports as sports, but it has nothing to do with the definition of the word.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F1 2014 Trailer
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 06:30 InBlack

Rigs wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 05:51:
I don't see anything out-right wrong with it. Reminds me of the old F1 Phoenix track, which was featured in Microprose's 1993 World Circuit.

The one thing that is still missing from the F1 sim series is the amount of jitter and vibration that is apparent when viewing from the cockpit or anywhere on the car, especially around the wheels. In-game it looks too mellow and smooth. You watch a real race and the driver is bouncing around in the seat along with his hands on the wheel, especially evident when he goes over corners...

=-Rigs-=

Actually the game gets it right. The excessive bounce and jitter we get as TV viewers is due to the camera being mounted on the chasis with a fixed mount. The driver seat (as well as his buttcheeks, spine and neck) absorb most of that, and his eyes and brain compensate for the rest. Ever ridden (or driven) in a car with a really low and hard suspension? It bounces like hell, and you do feel it but its not like your view jitters like you were high on meth or something....

The different TV camera views could have it, but the default cockpit view shouldnt make you feel you are driving the car by remote control.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
38. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 5, 2014, 06:25 InBlack

Wherever I may Rome....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 05:23 InBlack

mag wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 01:37:
I watched Federer v. Monfils instead of the NFL game. Damn damn damn that was an intense match.

Federer vs Cilic in the semi-finals. It's 5 : 0 for Federer in their matches so far, so Cilic is definitely the underdog, but Im still hopeful.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
26. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 5, 2014, 05:17 InBlack

Sempai, have you tried mailing them your correspondence with PayPal? I would assume that should be enough proof that there was no fraud involved.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
71. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2014, 04:14 InBlack

Thanks for the reply Beamer.  

35. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 5, 2014, 03:56 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 17:45:
Who here has a 4GB GTX760? Mine's a 2GB.

And gaming on 4K (which I don't do, 1920x1080 with a little FXAA or SMAA looks great to me) really needs AT LEAST 3GB. There are released games which use over 4GB in 4K at max settings.

I got one. I would have bought the 2Gb version but they didnt have it on stock and this one was almost the same price so I said what the hell.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
18. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 5, 2014, 03:50 InBlack

Task wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 17:58:
Optional nickname wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 17:36:
This game does not offer any haunting feelings, they are all smoothed over with WOW ART. why is the scariest features about Diablo 3 have to be endearing or almost apologetic to the viewer?

That's an interesting point. When I first played D2, it seemed really unsettling, horrifying, and sometimes claustrophobic to me with the combination of artwork and music and level design, which was strange to me since its a cRPG and I did not expect immersion like that. I didn't get that total feeling in D3, just kind of tense sometimes I guess.

There is a lot of truth to this. Also can someone explain to me why Bind on Account is EXCLUSIVE to the PC version of the game, while the console crowd can freely TRADE their legendaries??? Another fuck you to PC gamers from the company that was started by PC gamers (or so they would have us believe). Well fuck you right back Blizzard fuck you very much!

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
17. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 5, 2014, 03:48 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 21:57:
Optional nickname wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 17:36:
I'm just emotional like this, I am a responsible citizen, I distribute over 5 Billion dollars of PC hardware annually

Are you high or something? That is some wacked out stuff man.

Or maybe he is the CEO of Dell or IBM or something...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2014, 03:41 InBlack

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 01:29:
Minimise two-way interaction with fans. There are always going to be a minority of kooks out there. If you make a blog with commenting enabled, or a twitter account that allows direct unfiltered discussion then you can expect some craziness.

20 years ago we had no direct contact with game devs. Now they're al signing up for services that essentially provide an open line into their lives. What do they expect? People are going to people. I say "people", not "gamers" because nasty behaviour is not isolated to our hobby as the gaming press would have us believe.

No no no, you got it all wrong. Gamers are the scum of the earth and we should all go and jump in a fire. All will be well with the world after that.

News Comments > Free Unreal Engine 4 for Schools
5. Re: Free Unreal Engine 4 for Schools Sep 5, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

Slick wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 02:11:
also, i was reading that once you pass like 50,000 in sales you hit like 25%. which is crazy.

Im trying to make sense of this statement? Can you clarify please?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:04:
InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:56:
When I decide to use Amazon to purchase something privately Ill be sure to use your link Blue. Does it have to be game related? Can it be a book? Or maybe a peripheral?

I bought an external USB hd, and he said that showed up on his list. Bought an ebook as well.

Okay, good to know.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

When I decide to use Amazon to purchase something privately Ill be sure to use your link Blue. Does it have to be game related? Can it be a book? Or maybe a peripheral?  

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
4. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

Frijoles wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:48:
...I don't hear nearly as many horror stories about their support as I do from Valve. And Valve has 95% of my games.

Aaaannd we have a winner

That right there is the reason why we hear so many horror stories about Valve's support. Steam is the biggest distributor of games in the world at the moment, and no one hears about customer support when they get it right. Valve is in a no win situation with this one Im afraid.

6. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 09:50 InBlack

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:49:
Omni wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:36:
Does anyone care ?
Yes. I want this game.

Why?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
67. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2014, 08:02 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 15:42:

I enjoy when my girlfriend sends me naked photos.

Really? Ive never got the appeal of sexting. Although Ive admitedly never tried it. As a matter of curiosity do you send her nude pictures of yourself back?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 07:47 InBlack

We need a new TES singleplayer game. Hell Ill even stomach the Gamebyro engine for another outing, just as long as they keep it firmly rooted in singleplayer (with MOD suppord obviously).  

News Comments > SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response
13. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 04:00:
Arithon wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 03:56:
Sorry, but Ridley Scott (Blade Runner,Thelma & Louise,

thelma and louise??!?! wowee wow wow

Heheheh, I share your contempt for the utter shit Ridley has made since the 80's. Although I did have a major teenage hard on for Geena Davis at that time...

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
37. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 4, 2014, 03:59 InBlack

/* best George Carlin imitation */

The whole obsession with what the 'gamer', or I should really say consumer, WANTS is beyond fucking ridiculous. Its like Capitalist Business 101. Its also BULLSHIT. Fuck even indies are doing it now, look at StarCitizen. They are making the game that EVERYONE wants apparently. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Whatever happened to developers just making the BEST DAMN GAME they can, and more importantly WANT to make. At that point the publisher steps in and does the marketing according to the game's strengths. Thats how it used to be and thats how its supposed to be. Everything else is just bullshit.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
7. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 10:20 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 10:09:
InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 10:00:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:44:
They believe that marketing is more important than the product itself.

In a sentence, this is basically the biggest problem in gaming today.

It's the biggest problem with a lot of industries. Why bother creating a better product when all you have to do is convince people the product is better.

I agree but still, with software its kind of different. You really have to try before you buy and you cant really do that can you? Not legally anyway, at least not with most AAA titles out there.

Oh well. At least there is word of mouth and Bluesnews...

7382 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo