Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8538 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 05:12 InBlack

It could also simply be optimization. Remember that the PC version needs to be able to work over a wide range of hardware and also needs to leave the smallest possible footprint on the hard disk. It's kind of dissapointing but then again gameplay should always trump graphics.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
54. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 12, 2015, 04:15 InBlack

Well even if Sega loses the Alien license, I don't doubt that we will be seing other Alien themed games. There is no reason to think that Creative Assembly wont do another or similarly themed game at some point in the future, perhaps with another publisher. After all Bloomkamp is on board to direct another Alien film right? Where there is hollywood, there be cash!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2015, 04:06 InBlack

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on May 12, 2015, 03:43:
InBlack wrote on May 12, 2015, 03:04:
I for one welcome our new female overlords, I just hope they treat us nicer then we treated them over the millenia. (I heard payback is a bitch, I guess in about 20 years or so 'men' are about to find out how true that old adage really is)

So you're saying that it's in the best interests of men to make sure that women are denied political and social power, because women cannot be trusted to defend or assist anyone but themselves - unlike men, who oddly enough, were the ones largely responsible for the raising of women's status in the modern world to begin with?

No, I was making a humorous point about how male dominated society has behaved and treated women since...well since the birth of history really. Since we as a society are slowly shifting towards an egalitarian system and all signs are pointing in the direction that women are increasingly becoming the dominant sex I wanted to point out that what goes around, comes around.

So can I ask you a question? How the fuck did you infer any of that idiocy from my comment, and what the hell is wrong with you that you would think that anyay?

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2015, 03:04 InBlack

I for one welcome our new female overlords, I just hope they treat us nicer then we treated them over the millenia. (I heard payback is a bitch, I guess in about 20 years or so 'men' are about to find out how true that old adage really is)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 02:54 InBlack

"Netflix doesn't work in your country, yet" Can someone clarify for those less fortunate than yourselves? What movie are you guys talking about?  

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
25. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 12, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on May 11, 2015, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2015, 20:29:
ViRGE wrote on May 11, 2015, 15:46:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:37:
I'm just really tired of being treated like a second banana by Bethsoft. Stop being so fucking cheap you bastards and build a proper and good PC UI. Jesus, we built your fucking company!
Because we're not the ones that sustain it in 2015.

They make more than enough on us that they can afford to do a separate, proper UI.

Maybe they'll take some from ESO and perhaps Sky. Just having a Skill Bar (ESO) makes a world of difference.

Skill Bar?? I hope thats sarcasm....

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Fuck that. I want to see some more high definition photographs of Ceres. Unless NASA starts releasing some images soon Im gonna start crying conspiracy....  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 11, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

Axis wrote on May 11, 2015, 08:53:
InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 08:48:
Axis you have no clue. I used to live in a communist country, and I used to live in Africa, so don't give me bullshit about corruption and government inefficency, because you have no fucking idea about what those things REALLY mean.

Nice deflection from me just proving you are the clueless one. And with your post above me, a liar too since no sane person under any communist regime would speak as you do unless brainwashed.

Like I said. No clue. It's sad really. Someone who is determined to fight for freedom but has no clue as to what it really means. If you think America is the home of the opressed and the downtrodden you are seriously delusional. Also reading comprehension?

Hint: Used to...

5. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 09:52 InBlack

Bradley wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:44:
I wonder what they will do with F4, hopefully a (drastic) change of scenery! Or putting it back into F2 territory (tribes, drugs and slavery).
It would be interesting to see the Fallout universe from the point of view of another country.

No it wouldn't. The whole humour, atmosphere and general popular cultural tongue-in-cheek commentary that it has going on for it would fall flat on its face. I enjoy sci-fi as much as the next guy, but the thing that made Fallout (1, 2 and NV) stand out was shit like that. I will never forget the first time I had 'slaver' tattoed on my forehead, or the time I fought Evander Hollifield in New Reno....Ahhh good times....

8. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:37:
It was a pretty good stealth game but it definitely overstays its welcome. I don't think many gamers really want a stealth game set in the Alien universe either, they want the chest pounding colonial marine type stuff.

Yep. I fall squarely in that camp. Or at least gimme a stealth game where I can actually do the stealth stuff on my own terms instead of following some predetermined path that I fail everytime, unless I follow it to the T.

1. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Another no-brainer, lets hope its better than F3 (which sucked) and at least as good as F:NV (which was really good).  

2. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:31 InBlack

2.1 million sales dissapointing. What kind of numbers did they expect? Call of Duty? GTA?

It's a single-player survival horror game (which doesn't appeal to many, including myself) with limited replay value.

Notice I said 'game', not 'shooter', because AFAIK there is very little shooting going on in this game. Another reason why it didn't really sell as well as they expected.

It still sold remarkably well for a game of that nature, 2.1 million units is incredibly impressive for a game of that genre, but this is something that the suits at Weyland-Yut...erm SEGA will never understand.

17. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 11, 2015, 08:48 InBlack

Axis you have no clue. I used to live in a communist country, and I used to live in Africa, so don't give me bullshit about corruption and government inefficency, because you have no fucking idea about what those things REALLY mean.  

15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 11, 2015, 05:59 InBlack

Axis wrote on May 10, 2015, 15:55:
jdreyer wrote on May 10, 2015, 15:49:
Axis wrote on May 10, 2015, 15:32:
JD, saying "Links" is something I won't respond to the way you expect -- it's a weak and lazy way to try to disprove something of common sense or experience in the matter. I could dismissively say "Links" to 95% of forum statements, and in the end just look the fool.

This is compounded to absurdity with your example of spamming "LINKS?" due to the subject matter being experienced by every taxpayer in America.

Of which only a handful would disagree because they are not taxpayers, or so far down the partisan rabbit hole that they'd be forced to rethink their convictions if they admitted what was read rang true.

If you're going to make wild assertions, you need to back it up with evidence. It's just that simple. We can't have a rational argument otherwise.

Facts don't need links, backup, or otherwise.

What facts? Your OP is batshit crazy to the n-th degree. I've read it three times and can't make sense of it. It reads like something the UNIBOMBer would have written before posting another 'package' to a university campus.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2015, 05:53 InBlack

Since day 1 of PC release, maybe even prior to that (due to pre-orders) but don't hold me to that statement.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 04:10 InBlack

You. Have. Been. Trolled. Not in the most obvious way, but we are giving him the attention that he craves, so yeah. Trolled!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2015, 02:53 InBlack

first world problems...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2015, 10:02 InBlack

I dont get the 'progressive' obsession to eliminate any and all differences between genders. Its beyond stupid, genders ARE different both physically and mentally. I fully support gender equality, but Jesus Jumping Christ Allmighty Already that doesnt mean what you think it means America!!! Equality before the law, and equality in society doesn't eliminate millions of years of evolution and bilogy. Boys liking boyish stuff, girls like girly stuff, boys like girly stuff and girls like boyish stuff thats all fine and dandy, but we still gotta define "boy" and "girl".  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2015, 09:41 InBlack

Nevermind, I just checked and apparently half the page didnt even load for me the first time I read through it. Lol.

My apologies to the author, the article makes a lot more sense now.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

Quboid wrote on May 8, 2015, 09:36:
It doesn't say that at all, InBlack. He is advocating more checks and saying that Valve's idea of an open Steam is a bad idea.

Also, I think that game did not get Greenlit. It was on Greenlight, but it was pulled before its campaign had a chance to succeed or fail.

What?? Did we even read the same article?

8538 Comments. 427 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo