Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
4. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 10:01 InBlack

Yeah, I think Ill wait for the GTAV PC edition.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 09:24 InBlack

Teh internets being retarded? Say it aint so??!!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 09:20 InBlack

Happy birthday MrsBlue!!!  

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
47. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 16, 2014, 04:33 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 16:54:
I can shoot 1K+ rounds out of real guns every range trip and not have tired hands.

Sounds...expensive...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 10:28 InBlack

panbient wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:19:
Gotta say I'm liking the charity drum-offs a lot more than I should. And while I realize it's for charity, my money is on Smith to kill it and play circles around Ulrich.

Now Jimmy Chamberlin vs. Chad Smith on the other hand would be something epic.

Drum-offs are cool and everything, but Lars Ulrich is the biggest douchebag to ever grace the kit. A thousand charity drum-offs wont change this.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
4. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 10:25 InBlack

At least he admited that E3 has turned into a console show....  

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
1. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 09:41 InBlack

Holy shit, this has to be the most ironic thing Ive read today.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
36. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Tumbler wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:16:
It would be crazy to stop offering stretch goals. The goals are currently in game items like a scanner kit and engine tuner. Things I would assume cost very little credits and take almost no time to make internally.

No offense Tumbler, but from that post I can see that you know next to nothing about programming or project development.

32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 09:04 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 08:25:
That is finally some good thinking from CR.
Why he put that up for voting is beyond me though, it is so obvious he should stop the stretch goals and focus on finishing the core game.

I think that he wants an excuse, any excuse to keep the money rolling in. This is why he put it up for a vote, its rather obvious how the rabid fanbois are going to vote...

31. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 09:01 InBlack

Comet wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 08:38:
Stopping the stretch goals won't stop people from pledging. Obviously it makes little sense to stop accepting funds. They continue to attract more people simply because people are interested in a cinematic space Sim. Besides, the most important module of all, the dogfighting module is out so people can evaluate for themselves.
What I don't understand in some of the opinions expressed is why some think that they will fail simply because of the huge amount of money they have raised.
Why more money necessarily means failure?

Its not that more money = failure. Its the ridiculous strechgoals that seem to spell, BAD MISMANAGEMENT. You cant keep adding features to a project once production has started in earnest. Your programmers will hate you and you will end up behind schedule and with crappy software. You have heard of featurecreep I take it? Well this is it. And then some.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

Quboid wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 17:55:
InBlack wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:33:
Go Croatia!!! (Ok now you know where Im from... )

Final score: Brazil 3-1 Croatia. Tough break. Brazil were the better team and Oscar was superb but you got screwed by the ref for the penalty. There was a few soft decisions but that was just plain wrong IMHO.

I thought that the Croatian keeper was supposed to be good - he's been poor for all 3 Brazil goals. You've got a tasty midfield.

Gooddamn that Japanese ref....the guy needs to commit seppuku like yesterday....arrrgghhhh. This is the main reason why football (soccer) wont take off in the states. Too many bullshit decisions in every single fucking game! Croatia played at least as well as Brazil, so its not a total loss, if they keep that up they will do well in this tourney.

24. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 03:23 InBlack

Hang on? CR thinks they should just concentrate on making a game with the funds they already have? What is this? Common Sense?? No that cant be right, here light that cigar with another grand. Its time to discover new and completely unecessary aditions that this project sorely needs! Ahoy Silver!!! AWAY!!!!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:26:
<drool>
<checks amazon for release date, still missing>
<looks at calendar>
<sigh>
<checks amazon for release date, still missing>, etc, etc...

edit: Amazon originally had October 28th listed, but has since chanced it to years end...

Why so stoked? Didnt you play through GTAV on the consoles already nin? Im pretty stoked for GTAV myself, but Ive never played it...

News Comments > VR Game The Assembly Announced
3. Re: VR Game The Assembly Announced Jun 12, 2014, 09:49 InBlack

Wildone wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:44:
You can already..

My point, exactly!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Go Croatia!!! (Ok now you know where Im from... )  

News Comments > VR Game The Assembly Announced
1. Re: VR Game The Assembly Announced Jun 12, 2014, 09:31 InBlack

Id much use the Rift with Skyrim. Or DCS. Or Project Cars. Or Il2:BOS, or etc. etc. etc. etc....  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 05:44 InBlack

Apart from Enterprise all the Star Trek series are pretty much awesome. DS9 is the hidden gem, and probably the best of the lot. It does have a slow start, but it also has the best characters of the lot. Garak the conflicted taylor/spy. Gul Dukat, one of the most awesome villains ever. Quark, holy fuck Quark! Odo the shapeshifter, sweet and smart Jadzia Dax, Bashir the naive but super smart enetically engineered doctor, Worf, WOOOOOOORF!, Chancellor Gowron the most awesome Klingon ever! and Last but not Least THE CISCO. (Truthuflly Cisco is the weakest character of the lot but I always got a laugh out of THE CISCO's tantrums...)

Good times man, good times...

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
11. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 04:14 InBlack

Another title that should be used to showcase the Oculus.  

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
17. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 12, 2014, 04:08 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 00:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:15:
Most people don't play PC games.

Yeah, those 65 million people on Steam don't mean a thing.

You got it all wrong Cutter. All Oculus CV1 needs to do at this point is canibalize the Track IR consumers, and they got that shit covered hands down.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
29. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

descender wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:18:
In this thread, everyone finally figured out that games designed around grinding the "end game" content are fucking stupid.

The leveling process in a game like this needs to take way, way longer... so that the journey to the cap can offer you some sort of actual gameplay, challenge, and a carrot to chase (also, and END point... not a perpetual grindfest). When the goal is "Ignore all content, get to level cap as quick as possible, then start actually playing", your design is basically shit. (enter: every hack-n-slash loot generator ever made)

The second flawed game system at work here is the "enemies scale up with you" shit feature that ruined games like Oblivion and FO3. If their health and my damage scale up together, why bother have leveling up at all? Game worlds need clear cut areas and mobs that are "too hard" or "too easy" for you, so you can see tangible results of your endless grinding... so you have something to actually fear in the game world... and also so you have different areas to play in along the way rather than just repeating all of the content endlessly (or that one most efficient area). If it takes me 4 hits to kill something, then I spend 700 hours leveling up towards the "cap", but it still takes 4 hits to kill the same "something"... you see where I'm going here.

I've said it before, these games are all fun to a point... but they will never, ever have the longevity or success that D2 had... mainly because D2 was NO BETTER with these systems at all. It was simply the only thing like it to play at the time.

Lol Dude. D2 WAS better than these games, precicely for the reasons you named in your post.

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo