Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9005 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Aug 7, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 22:35:
Bitch videos. Hate them.

I went to lunch the other day and was forced to sit in the only booth available next to a pair of blue-collar working guys. One spent his entire lunch break basically bitching about his health, his doctor, his job, his car, his wife, his house, his watch, his pair of shoes, the food he's eating, his receding hairline, 3D movies, horoscopes, politics, and random ice cream flavors. When his boss called (I assume that who it was) he started bitching about the assignment. I wanted to literally stab this man in the face with my spork.

Both the video and the guy during my lunch break are basically the same type of people. Hellish bitchers.

Must be nice living in your bubble. Have you ever worked with people before? From this comment Im gonna assume that the answer is no...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending
23. Re: Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending Aug 7, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 19:57:
Ray Marden wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 19:21:
I am nearly done with The Witcher 3 and, even though I think it set a new standard for the open world RPG, it could have ended 50 hours ago and I would have been just as happy.

Unlike Witcher 3, Fallout 4 will have a feature that will let you build a fortress from trash you collect out in the wasteland. Every item you pick up will have materials you can use. So instead of blindly selling everything to vendors you now have to decide whether that junk in your inventory would be better for your fortress. Also there will be random attacks on your fortress so you'll need to build up defenses with weapons. You can also hire NPCs for protection. From what I saw this part of the game looks just as fun as the game itself.

I wish Witcher 3 had something like this for end game. Regardless I load up Witcher 3 on occasion and ride around the beautiful countryside, amazing scenery of Skellige and the sights and sounds of Oxenfurt and Novigrad, watching the sunrise or sunsets. It's an awesome chill simulator. I'm looking for the NGE+. Really want to replay but I don't want to start over at level 1.

Im sick and tired of these MMO mechanics leaking into single player games. Looky Im gonna build a cool fortress from all this crap Ive collected and I can upgrade it and make it look cool and style it and design it and and and....

It might be fun for 15 minutes, but after that it's just filler. Bethesda have completely missed what made the Fallout games spectacular (Obsidian was on the right track) they were CRPGs in a very cool and unique setting, what they were not is single player survival games...

News Comments > New Overwatch Hero Unveiled
1. Re: New Overwatch Hero Unveiled Aug 6, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Stereotypical Rastafari black dude, who's weapon is a "Sonic Amplifier" boom box as he periodically 'drops the Beat'...

*slow clap*

Stay classy Blizzard!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding New Map & Heroes
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding New Map & Heroes Aug 6, 2015, 05:08 InBlack

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 13:17:
OH BOY a third Protoss that looks just like the current two!

Why aren't they using Fenix? He certainly looks different.

Im sure Fenix will make an appearance. Right now a Protoss Zealot in the Warrior/Tank class could be pretty cool.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2015, 03:15 InBlack

Axis wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 20:01:
Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 19:00:
It's not a power trip, it's a powerless trip. Those guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with. Odds are they're ex-cons as well, so getting $7 an hour for a shitty job where you're treated like shit is going to make you angry and you're going to lash out on who and what you can. You want someone to blame? Start at the top. BK's CEO pulls down about $5,000,000.00 per year - or about $2600.00 per hour. Poverty IS violence. And as long as it remains these sorts of things will never change.

Always one to make excuses for the assholes of the world. You don't see the billions of poor people who are ACTUALLY POOR in other countries beating the shit out of everything around them, the opposite happens - they help one another. But then again, you've never left your living room.

Ignorance breeds arrogance. You dont think poverty has anything to do with whats going on in the middle east right? You dont think that extreme poverty in Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan has anything to do with the sectarian and religious violence going on there?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 6, 2015, 02:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 22:32:
What exactly would a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt ranger and what would it do?

Hasta La Vista. Baby! Rifle

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
13. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 12:16 InBlack

Im not sure Im gonna be paying full price for this expansion if all it ends up being is the landing mini game from Mass Effect. Had some fun with Elite though when it came out, but yeah it kind of got old quite quickly for two reasons. First of all Im not the kind of guy who enjoys trading in space games and the combat while fun got old fast, as the mission types were really repetitive snooze fests. Secondly I disliked the really terrible artificially limited yaw speed, while the rest of the flight model was absolutely awesome I couldnt stomach this one huge glaring mistake.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
43. Re: I had privacy once... Aug 5, 2015, 08:38 InBlack

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 23:13:
Some of you guys crack me up.

We want our privacy! Sure, but you'll get shittier services in return. It's not rocket science. More information means better accuracy, better accuracy means more convenience. People act like they're some, okay let's use the term, "special snowflake," when in reality you can be categorized with 95%+ accuracy within a month or two of recording your searches. Racial profiling, prejudice! No, it's the facts. I want my privacy! Then you can fall behind in productivity because you'll never keep up with progressing society. It's a fact, it's a reality, deal with it.

You have the people who complain about apps not delivering enough or being perfect turning around and being hypocrites by refusing to supply the data that would make them better; you guys are part of the problem, not the solution. Privacy is no longer the issue, it's more of getting greater value in return for the trade. Giving up your privacy for their gain is stupid, giving it up for your or the greater gain is not. Simple. Saying that giving up some privacy regardless of the reasons or rationale is somehow equivalent to 1984 is just naive and, to be quite honest, backwards-thinking.

If that were the case why didn't Microsoft make a EULA where it specifically states that they will not give away or SELL any of the information they collect to third parties or the government without a specific warrant?

Wouldn't that be a win win? They can collect 'information' to make better products and they get good press for actually protecting your rights?

You know why they didn't do that? Cos your theory is fucking bullshit that's why. They don't wanna collect your information to make better products, they wanna sell you advertising and they don't want to step on the government's toes. Scratch my back Ill scratch yours, as long as you are the government or another multi-billion dollar corporation. There is a whole army of people like you who will not only swallow it up whole, but call everyone else who doesn't a bunch of names for actually giving a shit. Good job in that regard Maxx, I'm sure they appreciate it back in Redmond.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2015, 08:44.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
11. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 5, 2015, 03:16 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:36:
I'll play when the expansion comes. Who thinks there'll be another expansion?

Ill play if they bring it up to parity with the PS4 version. Allow the trading of legendaries and sets between players and Ill give it a try. Bring back PvP anywhere on the world map and up the number of players to 8 and it might even be worthwhile. Bring back proper skill trees and maybe just maybe it could become an awesome game.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
27. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 5, 2015, 03:08 InBlack

A lot of theories about the demise of WoW can be summarized in one word: Boredom.

People get bored and look for the next new thing. It's just the way we are wired.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
24. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 15:05 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 11:40:
Cory Doctorow's career of feeding paranoia for clicks continues.

As someone who is using Windows 10 on multiple systems, most of these privacy concerns are very overblown. There are settings enabled by using Express Settings that shouldn't be but if you take 5 seconds to do Custom Settings, most of it can be turned off. And it still pales in comparison to the volumes of information all social networks and smartphone platforms are collecting and monetising without your knowledge. That people are acting as if this is some horrible new privacy breach that hasn't been done before aren't paying attention. If this bothers you, don't ever use Facebook, Twitter or your iPhone.

So a precedent makes it okay? Some other corporations done it before and that makes it all good? That's your argument?

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
2. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

I see what you did there...  

24. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 09:20 InBlack

Verno wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 09:13:
No issues with Windows 10 here, pretty solid so far and any privacy concerns are easily dealt with. Much ado about nothing from people who haven't even used it.

I haven't used it, I have also not commented on it's performance and technical specs. From what Ive heard and read it looks like a pretty good OS, probably even better than Windows 7 from a pure technical standpoint. Ill still wait though, for all the reasons Ive listed previously.

20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 08:44 InBlack

Krowen wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 07:13:
InBlack wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 03:19:
Except, guess what? "I" control what goes on my facebook profile. "I" control, what gets sent in my gmail and what doesnt. The Android operating system on my smartphone is thoroughly rooted and is under "my" control. And while you do have a point, kind of, there has to be somewhere where you draw the line. My line is my personal PC. Thats it. For me to even install windows X I have to sign away "my" control of my PC away, for as long as I continue to use Windows, and that is a line Im not going to cross just yet..

No you don't control those things, that's laughably naive. Google keeps your data forever even after you delete your google history, Android collects insane amounts of user statistics and can only be turned off with a custom ROM. That's google the do no evil company that had to be dragged through court to even let people know this fact and still only lets them delete data in Europe. The fact that you would cite Facebook privacy settings as some sort of example shows you are really clueless about this subject, Facebooks entire business model is built on your data and it has the worst track record in this regard. Giving you a bunch of toggles does not mean companies aren't doing other things or that they even respect those choices. Ironically Microsoft is one of the companies who is more up front about these things, largely because they have to comply with all sorts of enterprise related security and privacy law.

No one cares if you want Windows 10 or not but don't try to cite hypocritical examples as some sort of reasoning when its really just your paranoia and apprehension.

Wow, nice attack, however next time you need to aim a bit better. I have two words for you: reading comprehension.

So tell me again, how I'm not the one who controls what I enter into any given search, what pictures I upload to the internet or what I put into my emails? Maybe it's my imaginary buddy Stan who does these things, while Im not looking!?

Also tell me again, how Im the one who doesn't decide where to draw the line if I draw the line at installing programs (or in this case an entire OS) that can track everything I do on my PC.

If my line is not installing an OS that is basically malware/adware on my PC, how is that hypocritical and if no one cares, why do you sound so damn bitter about it??

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2015, 08:50.

17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 07:06 InBlack

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 06:50:
InBlack wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 03:25:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 21:30:

I'm getting the same spike on one of my computers on a Samsung SSD. My other computer, also with an SSD, works just fine though. Spikes last around 20 seconds. Incredibly annoying. Boot time for me is fine though at 20 seconds with the latest nvidia drivers.

The boot time on my Win7 machine is about 5-6 seconds. (With an Intel SSD)
I get that boot speed on a vanilla 8.1 installation (after BIOS post to usable Explorer) using a mechanical HDD. The system is about 5 years old.

Thats nice. How fast does it boot Windows 10 though?

15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Frijoles wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 21:30:

I'm getting the same spike on one of my computers on a Samsung SSD. My other computer, also with an SSD, works just fine though. Spikes last around 20 seconds. Incredibly annoying. Boot time for me is fine though at 20 seconds with the latest nvidia drivers.

The boot time on my Win7 machine is about 5-6 seconds. (With an Intel SSD)

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 03:19 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 23:24:

Also, while some of the telemetry stuff in Windows 10 is kind of crappy, if you've ever used a smartphone, free e-mail service or social network, you're already giving away far more information on a daily basis to companies whose sole intent it to monetise it without your permission. And with most of those, you can't turn it off like you can in Windows 10. Anonymous telemetry data is small potatoes compared to how much data Facebook monetises and people happily narrate their entire lives on there.

Except, guess what? "I" control what goes on my facebook profile. "I" control, what gets sent in my gmail and what doesnt. The Android operating system on my smartphone is thoroughly rooted and is under "my" control. And while you do have a point, kind of, there has to be somewhere where you draw the line. My line is my personal PC. Thats it. For me to even install windows X I have to sign away "my" control of my PC away, for as long as I continue to use Windows, and that is a line Im not going to cross just yet.

AFAIK Windows is not free in my country yet (not even for 8.1 users) and probably wont be, so Im in no rush to upgrade (130$ for the Home edition). Im going to wait and see, and will only upgrade once DX12 games start hitting and only then if it's cost effective and if there is a way to securely and permanently disable the phone home stuff.

13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2015, 03:13 InBlack

Lorcin wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 20:00:
"there are still some other new features in Windows 10 that gamers might find desirable: the ability to stream Xbox One games to your PC"

and BACK!

Hehehe, never underestimate the ability of gaming media to suck up to the newest, hottest, steaming pile of shit on the market! Windows is soooooo good for you! *wink* *wink* Gorgeous

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 13:01 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 12:26:
InBlack wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:49:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:18:
Witcher 3 fell off that list. Such an amazing game.

It's also a hugely demanding game. Much more so than even GTAV, which sells like hotcakes anyway. You need quite a beefy rig to run it at settings to do it justice. Im sure it will sell much better at a later date when it goes on sale, and when people's hardware is a bit better in general.

Really? I have an i3-2100 Sandy Bridge Dual-Core 3.1GHz and a EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB. I run the game at Ultra settings and it plays fine. Maybe not 100 framerate good, but it's runs good for me.

Hmmm. It was barely playable on my GTX760 on high, after an upgrade to the GTX970 it was a whole different story...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 11:49 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:18:
Witcher 3 fell off that list. Such an amazing game.

It's also a hugely demanding game. Much more so than even GTAV, which sells like hotcakes anyway. You need quite a beefy rig to run it at settings to do it justice. Im sure it will sell much better at a later date when it goes on sale, and when people's hardware is a bit better in general.

9005 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo