Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7804 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
4. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 02:12 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 23:31:
For half a second I thought they were releasing the newest free. Thought, damn what a total failure!

Ive wonder if theyve gimped this version of Simcity 2000 somehow. I cant see how they would otherwise release a superior product to their new one, for free...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
3. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 10:14 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:09:
Lmao.. and why should I buy the game now then? Fuck these devs

Well I bought it a couple of days ago. Not really miffed about it one way or the other. Its not like everyone in the real world starts off on the same equal footing, so I guess its even realistic.

I am kind of pissed off that Im not allowed into the beta at this point. Its coming out on the 18th I believe, and since there will be no wipe I dont see why they cant let people who preordered in the game.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 05:52 InBlack

Slick wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 05:37:
they're bumping it for the same reason watch dogs was bumped, in that case it was because GTA V came out shortly beforehand. DA:I should be selling well into 2015, so it's smart to give the public some time to recover from single-player RPG-itis.

and i'm all for games that come out around the beginning of summer, lets kids actually have something to enjoy on their time off from school. i was always pissed more devs didn't do that.

I talked to a friend yesterday who finished playing through both the Witcher and WitcherII. One thing he remarked upon was how rushed the latter acts of the Witcher II were. The third seems to be much bigger in scope and its understandable that they dont want to repeat their previous mistakes. I dont think DA:I factored much into their decision, since the release date was end of February originaly. In product placement slot timeframes that might as well be the far far future.

News Comments > Hearthstone Expands
6. Re: Hearthstone Expands Dec 9, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 21:02:
Spent a lot of last week playing arena since they released the GvG cards early for arena.

If you log in now you get 3 free GvG packs. Also, when buying packs in the shop make sure you select the GvG packs since it defaults to the standard packs.

Hasnt been released in Europe yet. So how do the Arena rewards work now? Do you get a new pack as sa reward? What about the old cards? Ive still got quite a few of them missing (legendaries mostly)

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
21. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 02:21 InBlack

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 00:36:
(Of course, it's also possible they saw DA:I and looked at their own graphics, and realized their claim that it'd be the best looking RPG ever was under fire. )

Erm, you have seen the Witcher III gameplay videos right?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:08 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:47:

Romance is taken to a new level, I think. The start of a romance isn't kicked off and ended with sex. It's getting official earlier, building up slowly. It starts with flirting, then holding hands, then affirmation, etc etc. Neither is sex the endgoal.

Am I the only one who finds this kind of...disturbing? Who the fuck holds hands before declaring their intentions? Kindergartners?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 8, 2014, 07:18 InBlack

Graham wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 06:13:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 22:21:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 19:41:
8-core cpu and it'll still get hang ups upon switching screens..

my S5 is a pretty big disappointment from my S3.. my S3 was actually a better phone in a lot of ways.

That is very interesting to hear. I have hung on to my S3 exactly because it has been so awesome, particularly at multi-tasking, despite the fact that I have a small crack in the screen and I qualify for an upgrade with my carrier. Was thinking of finally upgrading to an S5 just before the S6 comes out because it will be dirt cheap. Not a good idea? If not I have been looking at a Note instead. One tablet/phone device to serve as my personal tricorder has a certain appeal.

Everyone I know with an S3 has a damaged screen. No joke.

My screen is fine. Ive dropped it a couple of times. But then again I have a cellphone guard case.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 07:04 InBlack

I agree that Bethesda's writing is really poor with reagards to Fallout3, but after the lackluster Oblivion it got much better in Skyrim and there are a number of quests which affect the gameworld in significant ways. Sure its nowhere near the quality of Morrowind for example, but it is a step back in the right direction and there are quite a few gems in there.

In any case the third Witcher definitiely looks like it will be kicking things into high gear with player consequence in an open world game format. If anything the competition and the popularity of Skyrim on the PC (as well as the lackluster popularity of ESO and the tired WoW quest formula) should indicate clearly to Bethesda that 'dumber' is not necessarily better. And if it doesnt, well its their loss....

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 07:10.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 06:52 InBlack

Qbex . wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 05:30:
InBlack wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 02:18:
Tom wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:54:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 16:52:
Was hoping Elite would be Skyrim in space. Alas not to be.
Oh yeah. The same 3 voice actors reused for hundreds of utterly soulless NPCs, again. I really wanted that for Elite too. But take heart. I'm sure with Star Citizen's endless cash supply, Chairman Roberts will find a way to make it happen for his game.

Well I caved and preordered Elite yesterday. Cant play the main game yet, only the tutorial 'training' demos. Even if it turns out to be Eutrotruck in space I think Ill have fun with it.

Anyone playing this with TrackIR how do you navigate through the menus once you get them up, the arrow keys dont really work and the mouse appears to be disabled?

For TrackIr I've got menu movement binded to one of my hotas POV nob. Works brilliantly, with x55 and its gazzillion of buttons I truly don't have to use anything else then hotas, even galaxy map works fine. Take ages to set up first time thou
Btw there are special TrackIr profile for better Elite left-right menu glances, search in elite forums for specifics.

Thanks will do that! I got the X52 and Saitek pedals. Do you know what the menu navigation commands are called? Im kind of lost, and Im used to complicated flight sims lol Definitely love how the ships all have realistic thrusters and behave accordingly. Turning off flight assist (default 'z' key) will definitely be something Im going to be playing with extensively to check whether it's a gimmick or whether there are advantages to be gained there.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 03:43 InBlack

shihonage wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 03:29:
Skyrim is like GTA5, Far Cry 2-4, Dragon Age: Inquisition - an ocean, ankle-deep.

Sandbox RPG is the most boring type of game one can imagine, for it offers no actual freedom to player's actions. That would be hard. Instead, it lets you choose the order in which you kill things, and the locations where you kill them.

In other words, sandbox RPGs offer you a thousand different ways to get bored.

Its so easy making stuff up instead of you know actually playing the game. And no Skyrim is nothing like any of those games. (disclaimer, I havent played DA:I and that seems to be heavily influenced by Skyrim as far as the scenery is concerned)

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 8, 2014, 03:38 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 00:52:
Overon wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 23:43:
starttimartti wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 22:20:
Overon wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 19:43:
Batman kills people instead of just beating them within an inch of their life and leaving them crippled for life. How else do you explain the militarized batmobile? This is Punisher style Batman.
The hostile tanks and helicopters don't have humans in them, but are remotely controlled.
Oh wow. But how do you explain batman beating people within an inch of their life and likely crippling them for life or psychologically damaging them for life? Can't get out of that one, that easy

He's not beating people. He's beating criminals. Or more aptly, he's..."correcting" them, sir.
Evilgrin

I never understood Batman's obsession with non-lethality. I guess back when Batman was invented people had a much more optimistic outlook on life. Today though, in 'Murica Goddammit! Cops shoot first and ask questions later, Batman needs to get on board or he'll face the wrath of the all-powerful NRA. I dont think even Bats can take on the NRA all by himself....

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 8, 2014, 02:22 InBlack

Jivaro wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 22:21:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 19:41:
8-core cpu and it'll still get hang ups upon switching screens..

my S5 is a pretty big disappointment from my S3.. my S3 was actually a better phone in a lot of ways.

That is very interesting to hear. I have hung on to my S3 exactly because it has been so awesome, particularly at multi-tasking, despite the fact that I have a small crack in the screen and I qualify for an upgrade with my carrier. Was thinking of finally upgrading to an S5 just before the S6 comes out because it will be dirt cheap. Not a good idea? If not I have been looking at a Note instead. One tablet/phone device to serve as my personal tricorder has a certain appeal.

I have an S3 and it has gotten awfuly slow lately. I suspect that all those software app updates are only adding bloat and are designed to run on newer phones.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 02:18 InBlack

Tom wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:54:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 16:52:
Was hoping Elite would be Skyrim in space. Alas not to be.
Oh yeah. The same 3 voice actors reused for hundreds of utterly soulless NPCs, again. I really wanted that for Elite too. But take heart. I'm sure with Star Citizen's endless cash supply, Chairman Roberts will find a way to make it happen for his game.

Well I caved and preordered Elite yesterday. Cant play the main game yet, only the tutorial 'training' demos. Even if it turns out to be Eutrotruck in space I think Ill have fun with it.

Anyone playing this with TrackIR how do you navigate through the menus once you get them up, the arrow keys dont really work and the mouse appears to be disabled?

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 03:28.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 02:16 InBlack

siapnar wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 19:27:
If you go to Steam now, Wolf is #2. Glad to see it, because the game is the best shooter I've played in a while. Super polished gunplay with great writing, acting and graphics. Just awesome

Quboid wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:48:
The engine feels clunky. The same awkward moving issues, particularly when trying to jump around scenery, have existed since Oblivion if not earlier. Separate indoor and outdoor areas is quite dated and unmodded it has poor detail at distance. It's far from a write-off, but I'd like to see a lot more progress for The Elder Scrolls 6 - but presumably it will be next-gen so non-visual stuff won't be a priority.
Movement is very floaty, and melee combat is pretty clunky. The pretty poor animations don't help much, either.

But it's a testament to the game's design that it can sell so many copies and still have some pretty glaring faults.

I do hope they hire some decent animators next time around, though.

Yeah the engine is based on the Gamebyro crap that is with Bethesda since Morrowind. Still, brilliant game. Wish I could bring myself to reinstall the game and play through the expansions at least, but I would probably spend more time tweaking mods and enahncements than playing

News Comments > The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character
12. Re: The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character Dec 7, 2014, 08:52 InBlack

I was not really a fan of the previous Witcher games. However this third installment looks like it will simply be too good to pass up. Its cinematic (but in a good way) open world and oozes with atmosphere. Cant wait.  

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
1. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 09:47 InBlack

Hmmm I wonder what this could be?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 09:45 InBlack

Happy Ninja day to all the forum Ninjas! You know who you are! Im only a Guru myself, but with luck and a lot of useless posts who knows? One day perhaps I will join your elite ranks  

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Evening Previews Dec 5, 2014, 07:52 InBlack

Anyone skim through the Report actually?

The missile pic is really funny. Why would a missile need steering 'fins' in a vaccuum. /facepalm.

News Comments > Into the Black
28. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 06:45 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 03:51:
InBlack wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 02:26:
Beamer you love to play the devils advocate on all sorts of shit, but this is low, even for you. Hollywood's worst Michael Dudikoff 'B' film of the 80s is better than this piece of shit. And you know it.

Dude, the movie isn't even out yet. Movies with bad trailers rarely end up being good movies. But good trailers often portend good movies (although not always of course).

This movie will be shit. Not even Arnold's one liners will be able to pull it out of the gutter. I dont see how it can turn out as anything decent after all that piss in the soup.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2014, 03:51 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 18:25:
The various oil/military/Israeli lobby groups are pushing hard to start a war with Iran. There is literally nothing they want more. Don't be surprised if it happens in the next 5 years. If the GOP retakes the White House then it's on like Donkey Kong.

Yeah well the F35 needs to be proved in combat right? Gotta sell that shit to the Air Forces of the World! First the Arabs, now the Persians, who's next? Yippie-Kai-Yay Motherfuckeeeeers!

7804 Comments. 391 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo