Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8075 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 08:57 InBlack

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 08:31:
Obligatory: Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

Serious question: I've read here at BN that a lot of people are recommending a HOTAS system. However, I already have a perfectly functional Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. Would pairing it with a Logitech G13, which I also already own, work just as well?

I'm extremely jealous of your FFB2 joystick. I would kill to have one (and I have a modern hotas). They are almost impossible to find in my country, currently looking at importing a used one from Germany. Yes I have a sickness.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Feb 11, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

If this allows them to call out shit games as shit, without asigning them an 8/10 score just to stay BBF buddies with the publishers then Im all for it. Somehow I dont see that happening though. Prepared for even more gushing reviews of poorly made stinking turds.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
42. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 11, 2015, 03:56 InBlack

Hang on this is an RPG? I thought it was a zombie shooter? What gives? Confused  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
43. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 03:50 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 18:14:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 16:42:
Will be interesting to see a few games on Twitch or youtube.

It seems like they're trying very hard to present it as an alien / predator esqe horror game but all I remember from the beta was it felt more like a game of chase the monster around.

There was never a chance to surprise the players and attack them, it seemed like it was all too obvious where you were. (the monster)

When they started talking about this game I figured it'd be something like a dark jungle you had to sneak around in. Like the hunters start with a pistol after having crash landed or something. They have to sneak closer to each other and find their weapons and armor. Maybe they have to cover themselves in mud to be invisible, maybe they need to sharpen spears and set traps, maybe the monster looks like a predator. Maybe they should have just made a game like what happened in predators?! Lots of hiding and sneaking around and once the humans have equipped themselves back up they can hopefully kill the monster....like a predator style annihilation of jungle with a mini gun!

I'm willing to give the game my attention for a few hours, if it's good then it's probably something I want to play...but I don't have a lot of hope.

Then you've played awful monster players. I've seen S1 Goliaths hide in bushes and the rest of my team run by them and I just happened to see the red glow. I've seen good Goliaths pounce and 1 shot people that walk by them. It depends on the player, that is the nature of this type of game. Same thing with the old Hidden mod for Source/UT, the good players are the ones that make the game special, and after awhile the people that love playing monsters will be the ones queued up as it the most.

One other thing to take into account. When you are playing as the monster you aren't going to be depending on three random dudes to hold your back. It's one of the reasons why this game appealed to me me way back when. Still Im gonna wait and see with this. Not to crazy about this monetization scheme and the longevity might be severly gimped if everyone is forced to buy another 15$ monster DLC every month or so...

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
25. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 11, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

Why the fuck would you cheat in Diablo3? You cant trade the items that are worth anything anyway.  

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
24. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 03:35 InBlack

Goddamn it Peter. When caught with your pants down you dont say you're sorry! You double down on that shit! Take a page from Chris Roberts my friend, promise the stars, promise the moon, promise ANYTHING! It doesnt really matter as long as you keep the promises coming, the money will keep coming in!  

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
14. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 13:00 InBlack

Xero wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 12:05:
Just because they give you a free turd doesn't make it a better turd.

No it doesn't. It's still free though, with no strings attached as far as I can tell.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2015, 10:03 InBlack

ldonyo wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:56:
The little guys haven't won anything yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but we've been down this road before and it all got changed after a lawsuit.

Still it's a pretty big reversal, and if they did another U turn after the thing got blown up and even Obama was forced to take notice it would be a huge political mistake. I see where you are coming from though, this is probably just a first victory in a long drawn out war, the entitled/empowered corporate entities who believe they own a piece of the internet will not give up easily. They will try again, and again.

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
4. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

Oh come on guys, give credit where credit is due. Derek Smart released a game for free on Steam, he even took the time to upgrade some of the graphics. I say KUDOS.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

Heh, looks like they are doing a 180 on that 365, but then again it's Microsoft we are talking about and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if they just continued on in the turn for a full revolution and ended up doing a 360 on that 365  

News Comments > 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed
25. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 9, 2015, 09:19 InBlack

NetHead wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:11:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 16:05:
walrus1 wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 15:07:
Normally I agree with you. However, when your day one patch isnt a couple hundred MBs but is 3 GBs...

Could just be the case that the game was not built in a modular fashion, thus something as small as fixing a misspelling requires a 3GB patch.

I don't think that's an excuse, if anything that scenario would only reveal incompetence.

You would be surprised at how many levels simple software patterns and common sense rules are ingored. One man's incompetence is another man's bread. My rule of thumb, if it looks like lazy programming is to blame, it usually is.

22. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 9, 2015, 08:59 InBlack

An interesting read that applies to casual games, but yeah the reality is that AAA gaming is slowly adapting or trying to adapt similar business models. It's the nature of the Capitalist beast I guess, still there is no reason for style to dominate over substance and no reason why good games can't make a profit. All it takes is a little vision and leadership. Most AAA publishers and studios are literally splurging millions on marketing, IP licenses, and basically style > substance when they could be spending a fraction of that amount to actually create meaningful content and gameplay.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

This is a thing because you have trigger happy police officers just itching to jump the gun. What kind of country allows this to even be a 'thing'? I was under the impression that the SWAT team is called in only as a last resort by officers already at the scene?  

19. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 9, 2015, 03:24 InBlack

Well apparently this game is another clusterfuck of epic proportions. Will wait and see, but Im getting more picky and choosy as Im getting older, less and less games fail to reach a standard of quality Im sort of hardwired with. Either Im getting grumpy and old, or games are generally getting worse and worse. I tend to think its a combination of the two.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 10:04 InBlack

"EA Exec: "Our Games Are Too Hard To Learn."

Apparently you dont need a brain to be an exec at EA. But then again thats not exactly news is it

/facepalm

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 09:47:
You wanna hear a funny story?

Stolen bank card in Germany (not the pin), reported stolen to police and bank. Blocked by the BANK. All within 2 hours after it was stolen.

3 months later, payments done with it, on stores that use a form of delayed payment, you only need to swipe card through card reader, no pin, only signature (Yes, for some absurd reason that's legal??). And yes, each and every store now brings the lawyers to get their money, from the owner of the card.. who blocked it, and reported it stolen months ago.

Bank protection in this case? Zero. Lesson, don't ever displace your bank card in Germany. And if you do, change your bank. I am not even kidding. If you don't change bank after your card was stolen someone can actually pay with it, and bring you in huge trouble (+ credit rating goes down to boot).

Anyway, I trust Google more than my bank.. how sad is that.

Banks are evil incarnate. Not just in Germany either. I have changed at least three banks in the last five years, and now Im having account troubles again. Fuck I hate dealing with them, and hate what they represent. Most of all I hate their damn necessity. Goddamn it.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 09:49 InBlack

This sounds like horse manure. Smelly, rotten horse manure. Let's use common sense shall we?

So this tracks eye movement right? Ok, got it great. Try a little experiment. Look at yourself in the mirror. Now look left (not with your head, with your eyes, yes eyes) Can you still see yourself in the mirror? Well, sort of....peripheraly. The truth is, not really unless you are looking at the mirror directly. Now imagine the nightmare of trying to look at your screen out of the corner of your eyes while frantically looking around....

I have no idea how they think that this will work but either they got the PR statement wrong and this tracks your head or something, or they are full of horseshit.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Announced
8. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Announced Feb 6, 2015, 06:40 InBlack

|RaptoR| wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 14:09:
InBlack wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 09:48:
Kind of off-topic but is there any news on that WH40K Space Hulk shooter in development that was announced some time back? I find WH fantasy rather boring, while the 40K 'verse is all kinds of cool.

Same!

However, under Morning Previews today, Blue posted an article about the new spacehulk:

http://www.gamewatcher.com/previews/space-hulk-deathwing-preview/12142

From the article:

I imagine that co-op will be the main draw with Deathwing – the game’s got a very distinct Left 4 Dead vibe going on, as the hordes of genestealers become ever more aggressive and numerous the further you head into the bowels of the ship.

here's hoping it's not a dud!

Huh? Missed that preview somehow. Thanks!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 6, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 22:41:
3 hours a day ... I' m probably pushing over 8 hours a day. Destiny is video game crack, not since my civ days have I had this much trouble turning it off.

Strange. Civ is addictive. It is also a fucking awesome PC game. Destiny, hell I dont know what it is, but it's most definitely a console FPS that you play with a controller. That alone is reason enough to stay away from it.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

Looking forward to this. Obsidian generally makes good RPGs, they put a lot of emphasis on good writing which to me is the stuff which can make an average game, good, and a good one fantastic.  

8075 Comments. 404 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo