Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7635 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
2. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 10:18 InBlack

Hands up if you're going to preorder Inquistion!!

*keeps his hands firmly @ his side*

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update
3. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update Oct 30, 2014, 10:14 InBlack

lol sniped by nin  

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update
2. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 InBlack

Fuck, got me again! Somehow got excited and connected the nonexisting dots to Heretic  

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
35. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 30, 2014, 05:05 InBlack

Kevin Lowe wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 15:19:
InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:39:
Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:24:
I don't understand either. What are the downsides to just having an Origin account? Looking forward to DA: Inquisition, btw.

There is none, they are just being asses about it.

I've had Origin for over a year now and I have had no issues at all with it. I prefer Steam, but there's nothing wrong with Origin.

Your momma! Its not about the downsides. Its about the principles. Im not interested in supporting EA and its exclusive webshop, sure I might miss out on a few cool games every DECADE or so but Ill live with it.
In that case, what incentive does EA have to change their business practices, if they stand no chance of bringing back customers such as yourself?

You got that assbackwards. EA would first have to change their practices for there to be any chance of me becoming their customer again. Releasing a decent game that isnt broken at release, or horribly gimped by design would go a long way towards remedying that.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 10:09.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
38. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 30, 2014, 04:59 InBlack

I wish I could make a giant smiley "eyeroll" emoticon and perpetually roll my eyes at statements like these:

"I think you’re going to be surprised: the FPS module isn’t an aside… it’s a fully featured game in and of itself!"

Thank you Christ Rorberts for making me see the light. We never wanted space games really. What we really wanted was a never ending stream of bullshit fed directly from your anus into our veins!! Oh and a FPS game. Yeah we really wanted another one of those!!

Rolleyes

News Comments > Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway
7. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 03:14 InBlack

I bought NS2 ages ago, and played it for a bit. Never could really get into it though too much, the main problem for me being the hit and miss of public games at least with regards to how the teams organize themselvces. It was virtually impossible to get a halfway decent commander. Still it had huge potential, especially with the tons of mods around.

With that said I will not be getting this, maybe at a sale at some point.

7. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 11:39 InBlack

Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:24:
I don't understand either. What are the downsides to just having an Origin account? Looking forward to DA: Inquisition, btw.

There is none, they are just being asses about it.

I've had Origin for over a year now and I have had no issues at all with it. I prefer Steam, but there's nothing wrong with Origin.

Your momma! Its not about the downsides. Its about the principles. Im not interested in supporting EA and its exclusive webshop, sure I might miss out on a few cool games every DECADE or so but Ill live with it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 11:37 InBlack

That Counterfeiter story is Scorcese film material stuff! Holy shit!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2014, 11:02 InBlack

rocketpcguy wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 10:46:
it's stolen from Emails from an Asshole:

http://www.dontevenreply.com/top.php

Its still funny as hell though

2. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 10:55 InBlack

I remember this game from back in the day. Good stuff. Not worth registering an Origin account for it though, not in a million years.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
27. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 05:04 InBlack

Im sick of generalizatons from both sides, Im sick of individuals calling out groups for the sins of individuals. Im sick of others following the flag of hate into war. Dont fool yourself into thinking you are doing the 'just' or 'right' thing. By taking up a cause against gamers you are doing yourself a grave diservice. George Carlin said it best, there is only one commandment that all should follow:

"Thou shallt not be an asshole".

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
23. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 29, 2014, 04:34 InBlack

Depends on what you define as "Good". This is probably as good as it needs to be for Elite, however for a decent flight sim you would need one with significantly more buttons so you can literally keep your Hands On Throttle And Stick. Does Elite support flight pedals as well (Yaw)?  

News Comments > Hearthstone Botters Banned
3. Re: Hearthstone Botters Banned Oct 28, 2014, 11:08 InBlack

UHD wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 10:39:
Kind of surprised. Do bots actually cheat?

I don't play Hearthstone all that much anymore but I have friends that do; they liked playing bots because their behavior and deck compositions were all very predictable. But they're also huge grognards about the game, so...

Finally. Im sick of the damn bots. Mostly because they never make mistakes....

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
10. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 11:05 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 10:52:
Awesome, I can't wait to revisit these. My brother and I spent countless hours playing them, great campaigns.

+1

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
46. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 28, 2014, 09:55 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 09:51:
Holy shit, there are so many people slamming the gog servers for the announcement, their page is down!

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 28, 2014, 07:37 InBlack

Also Blue's is an aggregate news site. He collects links to stories reformats them and posts them here. He doesnt pass judgement one way or the other, and is as neutral as Switzerland (most of the time). OOTB is as close as we are going to get to an op-ed by Blue on such a diverse range of topcis such as: dogs, backyards, dogs in backyards, dogs escaping backyards, the manstovia, toilet plumbing etc. etc.  

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Oct 28, 2014, 03:58 InBlack

*yawn* Still waiting for some of that hate Beamers was talking about at the beginning of the thread. Yeah so many irrational posts here on Blues....  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 28, 2014, 03:38 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 21:56:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 21:50:
could it be that the content of the media sucks?

No, it's that no one wants to buy.
I am working on something at work that I keep stressing will fail for this reason. Who buys anything anymore? I have about a billion DVDs and CDs that I consider albatrosses. I want nothing to do with them. They're a huge hassle to move from apartment to apartment (I tend to last no longer than 18 months in any given place.) I never use them. I never look at them.

And even digital purchases are over. Why would I ever buy an mp3? I have Spotify. Any song I want available immediately for no money at all. Yeah, I hear a commercial every 5 or 6 songs (I think two commercials, as of this month.) But I pay nothing for it. Nothing at all. And Spotify has an enormous selection.

For movies, I use Amazon Prime or Netflix or HBO On Demand or, most frequently, pay $3.99 or $5.99 to watch it On Demand from my cable provider. I rarely repeat watch things, though I once thought I did (and when I have kids I'm sure I will again), so why would I pay more to have something I have to store that will just collect dust?

We are also far from a complete economic recovery. Things might be improving in the states, but most of Europe is in the shithouse. Winter is coming and if Russia decides to turn off the gas, things will get even worse. People buy shit when they have disposable income to waste. Well turns out that portion of the populace is dwindling pretty much anywhere except in the US. I guess you guys got us by the balls pertty good...

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
37. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 28, 2014, 03:31 InBlack

ViRGE wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 01:28:
Quboid wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 23:08:
Prez wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:26:
TangledThorns wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:13:
Some games are just too damn old to play. Sorry, it's really hard to go back to dated graphics.

Same here. I'm not a graphics whore but those games are so old as to be jarring in their ugliness. Remakes are in order.

I'll play Tie Fighter but I'm sure the graphics will be terrible. I remember it looking quite blocky, and that was on a 14 inch monitor.

It's not just that games like Tie Fighter will be ugly, it's that playing them now might diminish their memory. I have rose tinted memories of games like Tie Fighter, based on comparisons with other games from the same time period. It was a shock to recently play Doom on the original settings, the low resolution was really distracting and took away from the experience. I've grown so used to higher detail and smaller pixels that I need to play one of the remakes like ZDoom to get the original feeling.
The hardest part about replaying X-Wing or Tie Fighter is the physics. Until XvT, Totally Games was trying for a Newtonian-ish model that meant giving the ships absolutely awful agility (poor turning, poor acceleration).

They didn't hit upon the "modern" arcadey flight sim model until XvT, and then stuck with it for XWA. It goes without saying that after flying the modern model, the low agility model is really frustrating at times.

I dont know what youre talking about, the physics in Xwing and especially in Tie Fighter felt absolutely 'perfect'. (Hardly Newtonian, but very close to how the ships moved in the films) No game since has captured the atmosphere and feel that you are there, in the Star Wars universe. The sound, the music, the awesome missions, the briefings, rewards, the awesome campaing etc. etc. Sure the graphics are probably outdated as hell, but Im gonna be buying a few of these just to give those cockblockers at Disney a hint that people actually want proper sequels to these games.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 05:00.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
15. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 19:15 InBlack

grudgebearer wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 14:56:
Would have rather have seen some sort of 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 asymmetric alien type vs human gameplay.

There's a lot more potential in that model than there is in this 4 vs 1 crap.

Yeah, sort of L4D style, except not zombies but mobs of other kinds maybe. Alien creatures, and whatnot. Still, Ill wait and see with this one, Im not going to judge it prematurely because the concept sounds cool in theory at least.

7635 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo