Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 02:26 InBlack

Simon Says wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 00:14:
Total losses: a big ZERO.

Not sure about that, but their net gains from the increased exposure and word of mouth were probably positive...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
33. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

Not to worry though. As soon as Windows 11 or whatever starts downloading updates for our 'APPs' every 15 minutes, through whatever they end up calling their online 'play store', Im sure that our PCs will turn into sluggish banta shit diarhorea and we will be forced to upgrade every two years or so. Problem fixed...

The only reason people are buying new phones or tablets every two years or so is because software is being adjusted to work on newer hardware, instead of making better optimized software (what was the norm during the last 20 years of PC development) engineers are inventing new tricks to make use of more processing power, ram, etc.

The minute I get a new phone, I install the exact same apps I had on my old phone. How many updates does my One Note notemaker APP need in a week? Three? Four? Do I really need that fancy new UI with supershaders for my mail App? Im fucking sick of this shit....

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2015, 09:50.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
26. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 07:13 InBlack

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 23:59:

In the meantime, and I don't think we're in disagreement here, for most people working in an office, for most people going to school, and for most people watching and making cat videos, their cell phone and their laptop they bought 5 years ago is all they need, and will need, for the foreseeable future.

Even if you own a low end desktop PC, the usability that you can get out of it will always be much better than any tablet, cell phone or laptop can provide. People will always say, oh but its not mobile...Well DUH that's what laptops, tablets or phones are for. People will say but if I have a laptop, why do I need a desktop PC and there is some truth to that. However from just an ergonomic viewpoint the PC provides a much better experience no matter the specs. Even if the hardware isn't being pushed to the limit by most users, there is really nothing that can beat the PC when it comes to usability at home or at the office. Articles like this try to make the case for mobile devices to the detriment of the PC, but it's just ambiguously disguised marketing. There is nothing a phone, tablet or laptop can do than what a comparatively priced (or even much cheaper) PC can't do better in a much more comfortable and easier environment. If you work in an enterprise environment, the PC is the be all, end all solution. If you work from home, same thing. Sure you have mobility with a laptop, but if anyone says they feel more comfortable working on a laptop than a desktop PC, they are lying or have bought into the marketing bullshit.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2015, 07:20.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
24. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 07:04 InBlack

Nope combat isn't appealing in third person either. For example that Shadows of Mordor game was fun for about an hour and a half before it got repetitive and boring. I guess 3rd person action/adventure games are just not my thing.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 28, 2015, 02:53 InBlack

Well Im not paying 60$ for a multiplayer only game, with potential unlocks and micro-transactions. I really expected this game to be F2P...I was sort of highly anticipating it until the news that it's not going to be F2P broke. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying 60$ for a highly polished Blizzard game, but not for something that's potentially going to have premium characters, unlocks, weapons and other microtransaction DLC bullshit down the line...  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
22. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 02:47 InBlack

I could never really get into Tomb Raider. Not really sure what the attraction was, besides a pixelated fake chick, with huge 3d boobs. Maybe it would have been somewhat exciting when I was 14 or something, but then again I was never really a fan of 3rd person action games anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 24, 2015, 04:13 InBlack

ldonyo wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 11:12:
How would Yahoo even know?

What do you mean? The hackers are obviously using the backdoors Yahoo is providing. So Yahoo is playing both sides, nice!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 24, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

NamecaF wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 22:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 17:25:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 17:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 14:39:
"5 percent the cost of current displays, it could see far cheaper smartphones"

I'll bet the farm Apple will gladly take that 95% savings for themselves.

Yeah, but when all the competition are selling phones that do the same thing for $5 how many people are really going to still be forking over $500 to Apple?

A: Whatever market is they have today. That many.

Yep. Never underestimate the cult that is Apple.

Sad +1.

News Comments > The Witness Video
3. Re: The Witness Video Dec 24, 2015, 02:13 InBlack

Needs more Harrison Ford, and Kelly McGillis.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Improves Hit Detection
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Improves Hit Detection Dec 23, 2015, 13:48 InBlack

Better late than never....or maybe not.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Progress Report
10. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 13:43 InBlack

Slashman wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 13:36:
But I loved the Mad Cat. Why is it NOT in the game?

It's a CLAN mech. (The story seems to be set in the inner sphere before the appearance of the Clans). Also known as the Timber Wolf. One of my favorites too.

If the game is successful, you can bet your ass they are going to be adding some kind of Clan expansion. (At least I hope they will, I always hated the bickering inner sphere Houses, except for Davion, kind of had a soft spot for the Prince)

News Comments > BATTLETECH Progress Report
9. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 13:41 InBlack

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 11:14:
Are they selling pictures of Mech's yet? I mean THAT'S progress

Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas man!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 08:40:
The "dawn of the new world" isn't going to include chemical rockets...

Nuclear propulsion has been shown to be much more efficient at space flight back in the 60s. However politics being what they are, and humans being who they are, chemical rockets is what we're stuck with. Sorry.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 04:16 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 19:52:
congrats on SpaceX for the landing!

Came here to post exactly that. Fucking awesome.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 23, 2015, 03:24 InBlack

Ive gotten pretty far along in the main quest line with Fallout4 as I find the settlement building boring beyond belief. Then again, the Sims make me puke so I guess I just have a general dislike of games that do the whole doll house simulator thing...

Never was much for playing with dolls either when I was a kid, although I did like transformers, model planes and toy cars...

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 15:53:
I got a vasectomy so that I won't have to give up gaming.

Wait, what?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans Dec 23, 2015, 03:09 InBlack

From what little Ive seen of it, Windows actually looks good on a phone. Tiles and all of that touch shit make sense. Can't judge based on a few minutes of experience with it on a friends Nokia phone, but it can't be worse than Android can it? (disclaimer, all of my smartphones phones have been Android based, Android sucks unless you are willing to put in the effort of jailbreaking or rooting your phone)  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 14:31 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 14:15:
fuck these goddamn chimps and their fucking reboots...

just go ahead and reboot yourselves back into the dirt.. remember the dirt? yeh, go back to that - its calling you

Oh Captain, my Captain!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 14:16 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:53:
well like i said, once the hype train disappears from view i think people will begin to see its MASSIVE flaws more clearly. frankly that's the only way to explains it ridiculous rotten tomatoes rating, cuz it ain't nearly that good. yeah, it's just a reboot of A New Hope, but rehashing old stories is frankly the only thing abrams is good at anymore. what you said about the lightsaber fight REALLY bugged the shit out of me even as i was watching it.

secret text:

Kylo should've skewered the both of them literally with his eyes closed. but even if we somehow accept that him being shot somehow weakened his fighting ability to the point that two complete n00bs could beat him, he should've flattened both of them with a single force crush.

Think about it this way. When did Luke ever really practice with the Lightsaber? Yoda didn't use one later on in his life. And we only see it in one scene with Obi Wan where he is basically doing it better with his eyes closed! Secret text follows: Ren basically did incapacitate Finn. And we have to assume he might have been toying with him a little bit since he is an arrogant prick. And Rey is innately powerful, like Luke was powerful. Ren himself exposed her to the Force during her torture. We get a glimpse of it when it is hinted at that she might be even more powerful than he is, and he knew it!

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2015, 14:28.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:52 InBlack

Jdreyer When was the last time you watched the original trilogy? I gave the original trilogy a whirl about two weeks ago to get ready for this one, and while it was original and had believable and consistent world building it featured many if not the same flaws you bring up here. I'm not going to refute you point by point, although I am in agreement with some of what you wrote here I still let myself enjoy the film and maybe you should give it another chance, since even the old ones are basically a retelling of the classic Hero myth so prevalent in our culture. There is a lot of room for Abrams to push the sequels into new territory, but expecting something 'new' from Star Wars is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_with_a_Thousand_Faces

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo