Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8657 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

Hail to the King Baby!!!  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2015, 09:36 InBlack

Great article. On Forbes of all places. People who think that the Witcher3 is sexist are either A) delusional or B) serving their own self-interest. Satisfyingly ironic, since so many quests in the Witcher deal with people who only help themselves.

I wonder if Sarkesian and that other guy even know that the game is based on a best selling series of short stories and novels. My guess is they know full well and frankly, just dont give a damn as long as their interests are served.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 09:26 InBlack

Omni wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 09:17:
I hope they fix the pop-ins that they kinda messed up in patch 1.04.

The support they are doing for this game is damn amazing.

I had to turn of AA for 1.04. to run stable and without weird artefacts and shimmering effects. Also I swear when I read some of these bullet points I want to punch faces they make me so angry. For example:

"Performance improvements during 'some' cutscenes." They listed this with every single patch and so far its bullshit. I hope they do eventually fix this, but putting this in every single patch note without actualy fixing anything insults everyone's intelligence.

Notice the use of the word SOME. Last time it was BOAT cutscenes. Arrrghh..

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
3. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 09:21 InBlack

Waay too expensive. But then again, when there is no competition in the high end market....

I really hope AMD pulls something out of its sleeve and sooner rather than later.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
32. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2015, 06:47 InBlack

It's all bullshit, at least in my opinion. SJW, Gamergater, Atheist+ (thanks for the explanation Space Captain) etc. etc. etc.

These are all groups which have become synonyms for assholes. Why not label someone an asshole and be done with it, since you can pretty much put anyone who ever had an opinion on something or other in one of those groups?

I for one consider myself a fairly progressive person, but I have opinions on matters which could very well put me in all three of these groups, depending on what we are talking about. Does this mean I am an uber asshole, or does that mean that it's so much easier to label someone a "SJW" or a "Gamergater" or whatever, than it is to actively engage with said person in a discussion of whatever matter at hand, or to simply agree to disagree and respect each other's opinion?

Yeah some groups are deserving of the hate they recieve, like for example neo-nazis, or those IS fanatics in Syria and Iraq, but simply hating someone for having an opinion that differs from your own is bigotry, pure and simple. So we invent 'labels' and 'groups' to distance ourselves from the simple fact that we are prejudiced assholes. Every last hypocritical one of us.

30. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2015, 02:53 InBlack

harlock wrote on May 31, 2015, 10:08:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 31, 2015, 09:55:
SXO wrote on May 31, 2015, 08:40:
I can't even keep up with all the labels being applied to people anymore. It makes me not want to discuss anything with anyone because someone will feel the need to lump me in with one group or another. I can't dislike one group's message, and totally disagree with another. Apparently I'm supposed to pick a side, and I don't want to.

Welcome to a classic human dilemma. Humanity is largely unable to deal with people individually, and must resort to labeling and grouping people(and then feeling hostile or at least disparaging to other groups). We all do it to a certain extent, all we can do is try to recognize it and overcome it.

It's particularly upsetting to me that 'atheist' is getting misused so much these days, or at least tied to some assholery online.

Anyway, don't feel like you are the only one; most people really don't fit easy into any simple classification/group.

its called "territorial behavior".. its common in all the high primate species

youve got families, clans, tribes, nations, cultures, etc.

and then you go to war, to dominate

It's also dehumanising. It's so much easier to HATE a group than it is to hate a person.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on May 31, 2015, 22:00:
That was a really good Game of Thrones episode. Probably the best one of the season, If I may say!

It's only being shown today, here in my parts, but Im going to avoid the spoilery news sites today. The show has progressed further than the books this season. At least in one story line.

News Comments > BioShock Series Has Sold 25M
10. Re: BioShock Series Has Sold 25M Jun 1, 2015, 02:22 InBlack

Advent? Fuck that. Gimme Terror from the Deep or get the fuck outa here!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 1, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

Squirmer wrote on May 31, 2015, 19:16:
Techie714 wrote on May 31, 2015, 14:06:
Witcher, game still crashes after 15 minutes of play? It minimizes to the desktop, I can still get sound, etc. but can't bring the game back up....:(
I suspect it might have something to do with the Microsoft C++ Redistributable x64 that I've had to re-install 3 times just to get the game to actually launch for me?

Win 7 x64
970 4GB
12GB RAM
blah, blah ,blah.
This was happening to me (much the same system), and running the game in fullscreen rather than borderless window seems to have fixed it. CDPR says borderless is more stable, but it's been the opposite for me. Haven't had a single minimize-to-desktop since I changed to fullscreen.

This. This is how I fixed my 'alt-tabs' to desktop. Also, it's good to see W3 top the Steam lists 2nd week in a row. I hope CDPR makes a shitload of money on it. They deserve it, unlike those has-beens at Bioware....

21. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 31, 2015, 04:19 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:39:
...atheism+...

Wtf is atheism+?

News Comments > Overwatch Video
3. Re: Overwatch Video May 29, 2015, 11:30 InBlack

Still waiting for beta invite.  

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
2. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 08:56 InBlack

Maverick: I feel the Need...The need for Speed!

Watching Top Gun on re-runs is about the closest I will ever get to playing another NFS game in my life.

The only reason why this franchise even exists anymore is because of the equally stupid Fast & Furious movie franchise....

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
30. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 07:49 InBlack

I agree the combat is nothing spectacular, and yes sometimes you can defeat smaller groups of (human) enemies by spamming.

However you cant SPAM your way to the end of the game, which is what he keeps claiming. It's rubbish.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
41. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 29, 2015, 07:36 InBlack

Redmask wrote on May 29, 2015, 07:25:
There's no such thing as an objective opinion, opinions are inherently biased. He's giving his opinion, if you don't like it then don't watch his videos. He's an entertainer, not a professional reviewer so adjust your expectations accordingly and stop being upset because some random guy doesn't like your favorite game. Who cares if he likes it? How does it affect your life? I swear some people here have the sensitivity of 13 year old girls, lashing out at the first sign that 'someone doesn't like my thingie on the internet!!!'

I respect his opinion that he doesn't like the game. No problem with that. What I have no respect for is lies and dishonesty, I draw the line there, especially when it serves someone's direct financial interest i.e. controversy for views.

Have you played the game Redmask?

28. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 07:28 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on May 29, 2015, 05:30:
Mac shows that you can definitely button mash at the max difficulty. https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4?t=4m50s

even better: https://youtu.be/kkFqn1TMeH4?t=7m41s

He calls that button mashing? Going one vs one vs heavily armored opponents and carefuly timing your attacks and parries is button mashing? What a load of bullshit. Again. It's clear that he is backpedalling into a pit dug by his own hand.

24. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Newbro wrote on May 29, 2015, 02:44:
InBlack wrote on May 29, 2015, 02:26:
I got the first DLC but how do I activate it? Do I need to find a barber shop or something? Also where is the armor? Hidden in the world, or should it appear somewhere in a safe deposit box??

Also how the hell do you dress up Yennefer? You don't even get to play as her (at least I didn't).

There's a barber shop at Novigrad. One thing I notice is that you were given option to shave clean at the barber shop, and after a while the beard seems to grow back, which is pretty fuking cool.

Yeah I noticed that my beard is getting longish, got the shave before the audience with the Emperor. Still I think the beard looks good on Geralt, not to mention that he looks more his age. He is supposed to be around 100 or so. Can i shave my balls though?

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2015, 02:54 InBlack

rofl  

39. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 29, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

It doesn't matter whether it's a console game or not, or whether you are playing with M+K or a gamepad. Mack is trying to make a 'point' that the combat is boring buttonsmashing, with no tactics or thought put into it. He couldn't be more further from the truth, and this is the REAL point. It doesn't matter if he sucks at the game or not, he is not giving an objective opinion on what can be very easily be verified by all of us here at Blues. It's biased at best, and dishonest at worst. Shame on him.  

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 02:26 InBlack

I got the first DLC but how do I activate it? Do I need to find a barber shop or something? Also where is the armor? Hidden in the world, or should it appear somewhere in a safe deposit box??

Also how the hell do you dress up Yennefer? You don't even get to play as her (at least I didn't).

1. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 09:59 InBlack

I thought that was a feature. Oh well...  

8657 Comments. 433 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo