Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 23, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:25:
Microsoft to finally give Bing the international love it needs.

The only love Bing needs is a tombstone. Google is still infinitely more useful despite the commercialization and at least Google stopped trying to infect desktop computers a few years ago whereas Microsoft is still trying to dump Bing into Windows Update. It magically shows up even after being hidden every time there is a new version too.

Yeah Microsoft showing its class...Nothing like some extra adware/spyware to sweeten the deal...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 23, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

Well...technically these chips are mostly made in Tawain, China, or Vietnam....so erm....yeah I guess they could go local, but a better bet would be that they should just make their own with cheap foreign slave labour...  

News Comments > EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans
1. Re: EA Investigating Incorrect BF3 Bans Jun 23, 2014, 09:22 InBlack

People are still playing this? Man, this game is so 2011....  

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
15. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 23, 2014, 05:40 InBlack

This guy is a riot, quote from Reddit:

Question, how many copies have they sold?

Alex:
Steam doesn't want me to say, so I can say we've sold over one hundred thousand so far

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
14. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 23, 2014, 05:36 InBlack

This guy is fucking awesome, a developer who NEEDS criticism???!!! Did hell just freeze over?? This guy will succeed because his attitude is everything it needs to be and he obviously cares about his project. Fucking awesome indeed!  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 10:32 InBlack

Slashman wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:15:
So she references Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 2?

Aren't most of the sorceresses in Witcher 2 more powerful than Geralt? And isn't one of them a man-hating hardcore lesbian?

Mass Effect 2 is full of powerful female characters including the ability to play one as the main protagonist.

I'm also wondering how you can portray prostitutes and prostitution in a game without portraying the women as sex objects? I mean, do we pretend that prostitution doesn't happen, and hasn't been happening throughout the whole history of the human race? Do we pretend that there aren't countries where it is a legal profession? (Hello Amsterdam)

She's mad because a PROSTITUTE in a game offers you sex? I've had a prostitute jump in front of my car, kick her leg up and do a pirouette. Should I complain to the game designer of reality and tell him 'Not cool dude'?

She says these things are added to give a gritty and sexual edge to the game. Here is a newsflash: Real life is gritty and sexually edged. It happens every day over throughout the entire world. How is pointing your fingers at a video game company helping to combat this stuff?

How dare you bring common sense and reason into this discussion??!! Have you never heard of the Glorious Anita Sarkesian, Mother of Dragons?! One day you will pay, oh yes all men will PAAAY!!! MUAHAHAHHAHAH...

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 09:41 InBlack

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:13:
When is the beta end?
It ends about 9 months after release - HEYOOOOO!

Yup. Somewhere around the time that the next one starts.

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
4. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Gonna wait and see. Kind of hollywood cheezy of them making Ripley's kid the main protagonist, but otherwise Im hopeful....  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
4. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 03:54 InBlack

Without a proper PvP mode, none of this really matters. Epeen contest on leaderboards in nice and all but who gives a shit really? People who play Diablo3 10 hours a day??

As far as rifting, its a repetitive and boring mechanic. Making it EVEN FASTER (since its already lightning fast) will result in nothing new or especially exciting...

Color me completely underwhelmed....

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer
13. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer Jun 18, 2014, 03:31 InBlack

Graham wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 02:41:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 23:30:
That was good they shoulda released it at Halloween - or do another one for then. As far as the game goes, I'm not into Hat simulators.

Lies. I constantly see you playing it on Steam.

Busted!!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 10:46 InBlack

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 10:11:
Still a fun game after 6 years... Steam Workshop and FTP has done a LOT for the longevity of this game. You can joke about hats and the like, but if that's all you see, you haven't spent much time with it over the years.

Agreed. Warrants an instalation every few years or so....

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 09:55 InBlack

I was gonna post something similar but then I realized how tired I was of the damn hat jokes. They are not funny anymore.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2014, 09:39 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:12:
Thanks for the many awesome logos, Walter! Good luck on the sale!

I imagine there would be a lot of potential customers in India.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record. Jun 17, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

Kitkoan wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:20:
Shocking ‘Game Of Thrones’ Finale Concludes With Arrest Of 5 Million Viewers For Piracy

I hate the Onion. Mostly because they are not as fucked up as the real news.

News Comments > Xenonauts Released
1. Re: Xenonauts Released Jun 17, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

Well, I guess its time to start up Steam. Its been a while.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
24. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 17, 2014, 07:03 InBlack

Ive read the english translation of the Witcher short story collection, I think its called Blood of Elves. I have to say its pretty good, I dislike most fantasy (since most of it is shit) but that had me captivated. Really need to get around to reading the novels.

Still the game (the first Witcher) never really gripped me. It plays more like an action adventure game than a classic cRPG, its mechanics were simply not really that much fun.

News Comments > SCS Software Dev vs Valve
16. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 17, 2014, 06:51 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 16:53:
ASeven wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 14:21:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:40:
ASeven wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:09:
https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/478554937111371776

Apparently, the vulnerability isn't even fixed.

I find this to be an abuse of power from Valve. It's never good to have an almost monopoly of a market, in this case PC games digital distribution, because shit like this will happen.

But... they don't have a Monopoly. Origin, which everyone loves to hate on for no reason other than existing, exists.

No they don't, but the market is pretty much an oligopoly with Steam being the dominant supplier.

My comment was more of a shot at people who complain about Origin existing than anything else. Everyone likes to claim it wasn't necessary and that they should just put everything on Steam, then something like this happens and suddenly it's "Monopoly Bad."

Please correct me if Im wrong but doesnt Origin distribue EA games only?

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Jun 17, 2014, 04:00 InBlack

I make a point of watching the games that really interest me. Sometimes they turn out dull, depending on the tactics used and on how the game progresses but more often than not they are pretty good. It all depends on what you want out of a sport. For me American Football is nearly unwatchable. The constant breaks and pauses ruin it for me.  

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
46. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 03:31 InBlack

Id like to say that Derek Smart is definitely not alone out there, when it comes to arrogance and egotism. He just happens to be cheap enough to do his own PR, and has a fanbase that likes to be his bitch.

There is nothing inherently wrong with that. Some people just like to take it up the ass, day in day out.

On the other hand, Ive also found that there are developers out there (Im thinking of Eagle Dynamics in this case, but there are many more) that insulate themselves too much from their fanbase. They get 'dedicated' fans (read fanatics) to run and moderate their forums, and handle their PR, and in the process completely destroy their small and faithful communities without even realising it.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2014, 06:20.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 10:18 InBlack

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 10:14:
Hundreds of dollars?
Who's giving their kid their credit card info?

Stupid or incompetent parents? Also kids have known to be a lot smarter than adults usually give em credit for. Especially stupid, incompetent adults...

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo