Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7547 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 31, 2014, 08:16 InBlack

Kevin Lowe wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 07:07:
Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 23:43:

It's when said content was already done, and was already included in the game, then gets locked away on the disc to be sold for extra later that pisses me off. LA Noire was a magnificent example of that behavior, as during the original game, the two main detectives would actually talk about cases in the past tense, even though I never played said cases. And that was because they were later sold as DLC.

So, they would have to go back through their build making sure to remove any assets for not-yet-completed content, incurring extra effort and risk, for... what good reason, exactly? So they don't hurt your feelings?

The content is not removed, just locked away. Are you serious with that question "for what reason" because it reads like a thinly veiled attempt to troll. The reason is $$$. They cant very well ask for 80$ at release. But they can ask for 60$ now, and then two months down the road they can ask for another 20$ for the content that was locked away.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
37. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2014, 07:03 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 06:56:
InBlack wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 04:21:
Hey wtf? 35. posts in and no one noticed the blatant hypocrisy in that statement? The guy asks himself what he can give to other people and he is the CEO of one of the biggest tech companies in the world! How bout CHEAPER PRODUCTS asshole! How bout you bring back some of and reinvest some of those offshore trillions that Apple has been stashing in offshore banks around the world?? How bout you stop massproducing electronic products in thrid world countries where there is no such thing as human rights that allowed you to rise to the position of CEO of Apple desipite being a gay man, where child labour is not unheard of even in YOUR OWN FACTORIES!!! Fine, great you're an openly gay man. Good for you. Don't fucking pretend you are a paragon of world peace and justice because as CEO of Apple (or any other corp for that matter) you will only come accross as a fucking hypocrite.

Gay or not, Apple didn't get where they are by playing nice, or even by the rules. Think Cook, who came up through the ranks over decades, is going to change that?

No, I do not. Which is exactly why Im bringing up the hypocrisy. Coming out publicly as gay, I dont have a problem with. Its the rest of the schlock that got me riled up.

News Comments > etc.
54. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2014, 04:50 InBlack

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:45:
DV wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:34:
Ahh...Thanks NKD. It just got my blood up reading it. Maybe I shouldn't have posted in anger and being a reddit virgin. I apologize to any anti-gg or sjw I might have offended.

Well it wouldn't be a very good troll if it didn't catch a few people! Looking at the dudes posting history makes him look like a real wackjob. He posts about how much he hates Americans and how they should die, etc. Bunch of random shit all over the place. And that's just the stuff that hasn't been deleted or hidden.

The ironic thing is that if this kind of message had been posted by former redditt moderator against an ANTI-gamergate activist, the whole internet would have exploded and gamergaters would be hanging from the trees in the streets. How many would call out this individual as a hatemongering troll in that case?? The very few who did so would be drowned out by the clamouring for gamergate blood...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2014, 04:21 InBlack

Hey wtf? 35. posts in and no one noticed the blatant hypocrisy in that statement? The guy asks himself what he can give to other people and he is the CEO of one of the biggest tech companies in the world! How bout CHEAPER PRODUCTS asshole! How bout you bring back some of and reinvest some of those offshore trillions that Apple has been stashing in offshore banks around the world?? How bout you stop massproducing electronic products in thrid world countries where there is no such thing as human rights that allowed you to rise to the position of CEO of Apple desipite being a gay man, where child labour is not unheard of even in YOUR OWN FACTORIES!!! Fine, great you're an openly gay man. Good for you. Don't fucking pretend you are a paragon of world peace and justice because as CEO of Apple (or any other corp for that matter) you will only come accross as a fucking hypocrite.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced Oct 31, 2014, 03:59 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:01:
I didn't like this at first, it felt too easy but after giving it a second chance its really growing on me. The combat is very well implemented for sure. I keep meaning to do a story mission but get lost along the way, doing side stuff and getting into massive brawls.

Same here. Although I lost interest again about a third of the way through. I fire up the game, brawl for 10 minutes and get bored as fuck. Game Of The Year? Must have been a sorry ass year for games then...I wont be getting the DLC.

News Comments > etc., etc.
24. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 03:52 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:41:
It's hard to fault her on blaming the Seattle shooting on misogyny. Early reports, and the twitter feeds of those involved, make it look like he killed a girl because she wouldn't be with him.

Wha..? Seriously, Jesus Beamer you really go off on the deep end with this issue over and over again. Hating/Loving ONE person (for whatever reason) is hardly hating all womankind. A mentally ill person is NOT a misogyinst. Its not a fucking disease, nor is it a mental condition. Its prejudice, pure and simple. A jelaous rage is not misogyny. You are doing a disservice to all reasonable people (including feminists) by obsfucating the issue with bullshit like this!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 31, 2014, 03:41 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:19:
How about not trusting either one of them an iota?

Why so surprised? People are generally sheep who are fleeced for all they are worth time and time again. Where do you think religion came from?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 31, 2014, 03:39 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 00:13:
i have no inherent beef with the practice; what gets my goat is that the base game is nowhere near finished. what we paid for was NOT a full AAA game experience, and yet they started working on the DLC years ago. that's a fact - there are clips of areas from dev previews from 2013 that are not in the game currently, and it's almost certain they hadn't decided at the time what was and wasn't DLC. hence, they cut content from an already unfinished game to gouge us for more cash later. that's just unabashed greed and people are being willfully ignorant if they can't see that.

i and a lot of others are boycotting the DLC in hopes that they get the message and release free content to at least flesh out the base game experience. otherwise there's no chance in hell this game will last 10 years.

Exactly this. This is a deplorable, low life douchbaggery business practice that's a small reflection of the general direction our whole society is heading in.

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
5. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Oct 31, 2014, 03:32 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:37:
You know what this game didn't need? Kadala and buffs on top of buffs on top of buffs to legendary items.

It took me about two weeks of modest grinding to deck out my Crusader, Witch Doctor, Monk, and Demon Hunter with their respective OP sets (Sunwuko 4pc, M6 etc...) and that pretty much drained my interest in progressing further and this is from ladder play where you start from scratch. Longevity in this game is now a joke when they decided to cater towards 'give me a lot of everything, now!' players.

The only time I ever thought I was anywhere near completing my character in, say, Path of Exile was when I Chanced a Bringer of Rain on my Dual Claw Shadow in his late 70s a few seasons back.

This game is fucking boring. Rifting to get that drop you need, just so you can rift quicker is fucking boring. Boring boring boring. Even in hardcore. Know what killed this game? 4 player games. It should have been 8. Know what else? No level progression. All this talk of ladders is fucking bullshit, bullshit when you have level caps. Paragons dont cut it sorry. Oh and dont me started on the PvP and the bind on account...Im sorry I even fell for the loot 2.0 patch and wasted a few months of my life on this piece of shit...

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
13. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 03:28 InBlack

Waiting for GTAV for the PC.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
4. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 10:42 InBlack

Sauron, it doesnt help that this last game seems to be riffing on Skyrim like a whole shitload does it?

DA:O was the last EA game I bought. I think. One of the last ones I believe, and one of the best EA games they have produced. Still after the second Dragon Age fiasco, and the drop in quality with Bioware titles ever since I have little hope for DA3. I hope to be proven wrong, I hope that DA3 will be the game that will get me to get on Origin. Very little chance of that happening though.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway
13. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 10:33 InBlack

MCMLXXXIV wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:15:
Full disclosure, I'm the lead developer on NS2: Combat. This game is being made by members of the NS2 modding community that formed their own studio - Faultline Games. Earlier this year Unknown Worlds gave us the license and support to rewrite our old mod and make it polished enough to sell as a standalone game. It includes many new abilities, features and game modes.

We're still livestreaming now on Twitch if you have any questions...
http://www.twitch.tv/faultlinegames

Welcome to the boards, if you contact Blue directly via email he can grant you a developer 'tag' that changes the color of your forum nick. If you decide to stay a word of warning: we are a hard bunch that takes no bullshit from anyone. Be prepared for skepticism and criticism at every point of the way. There will be no asskissing here. However, what there will be are hard and honest perspectives and views that you will not find on any other forum or board. There are trolls here and there but they are easy to spot and the regulars usually destroy them with their own medicine before they get out of hand.

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
2. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 10:18 InBlack

Hands up if you're going to preorder Inquistion!!

*keeps his hands firmly @ his side*

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update
3. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update Oct 30, 2014, 10:14 InBlack

lol sniped by nin  

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update
2. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 InBlack

Fuck, got me again! Somehow got excited and connected the nonexisting dots to Heretic  

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
35. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 30, 2014, 05:05 InBlack

Kevin Lowe wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 15:19:
InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:39:
Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:24:
I don't understand either. What are the downsides to just having an Origin account? Looking forward to DA: Inquisition, btw.

There is none, they are just being asses about it.

I've had Origin for over a year now and I have had no issues at all with it. I prefer Steam, but there's nothing wrong with Origin.

Your momma! Its not about the downsides. Its about the principles. Im not interested in supporting EA and its exclusive webshop, sure I might miss out on a few cool games every DECADE or so but Ill live with it.
In that case, what incentive does EA have to change their business practices, if they stand no chance of bringing back customers such as yourself?

You got that assbackwards. EA would first have to change their practices for there to be any chance of me becoming their customer again. Releasing a decent game that isnt broken at release, or horribly gimped by design would go a long way towards remedying that.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 10:09.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
38. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 30, 2014, 04:59 InBlack

I wish I could make a giant smiley "eyeroll" emoticon and perpetually roll my eyes at statements like these:

"I think you’re going to be surprised: the FPS module isn’t an aside… it’s a fully featured game in and of itself!"

Thank you Christ Rorberts for making me see the light. We never wanted space games really. What we really wanted was a never ending stream of bullshit fed directly from your anus into our veins!! Oh and a FPS game. Yeah we really wanted another one of those!!

Rolleyes

News Comments > Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway
7. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 03:14 InBlack

I bought NS2 ages ago, and played it for a bit. Never could really get into it though too much, the main problem for me being the hit and miss of public games at least with regards to how the teams organize themselvces. It was virtually impossible to get a halfway decent commander. Still it had huge potential, especially with the tons of mods around.

With that said I will not be getting this, maybe at a sale at some point.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
7. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 11:39 InBlack

Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:24:
I don't understand either. What are the downsides to just having an Origin account? Looking forward to DA: Inquisition, btw.

There is none, they are just being asses about it.

I've had Origin for over a year now and I have had no issues at all with it. I prefer Steam, but there's nothing wrong with Origin.

Your momma! Its not about the downsides. Its about the principles. Im not interested in supporting EA and its exclusive webshop, sure I might miss out on a few cool games every DECADE or so but Ill live with it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 11:37 InBlack

That Counterfeiter story is Scorcese film material stuff! Holy shit!  

7547 Comments. 378 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo