Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7635 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 11:10 InBlack

I dont remember having to hold down anything in Skyrim or Oblivion to look around?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 11:07 InBlack

Happy birthday Blue, and thanks for keeping this 'oldschool' site alive and kicking through the years.  

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
3. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 11:01 InBlack

Which means its about 9 and a half years ago that I stopped playing vanilla WoW. I remember being quite entranced by the game back then, still I stopped playing when it became obvious how much time and effort I had to invest in the game on a daily basis.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2014, 11:09.

News Comments > Goat Simulator MMO Update Released
5. Re: Goat Simulator MMO Update Released Nov 21, 2014, 02:36 InBlack

"MMO simulation so good youíll think itís real"

Ok I loled.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 21, 2014, 02:33 InBlack

Unknown Soldier wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 01:35:
Agreed, it was my most fun game of the year so far. A lot of fun to 100% on Xbone. It was pretty easy once the upgrades started rolling in and you could stunlock mobs or just go into super-execution mode if you needed to recover, but still a lot of fun getting up to that point. The only thing I was disappointed in was the boss fights.

As for people complaining about the label "free content", well some people are just never happy no matter what they get. If the entire game was free they'd still complain about it.

Once I started to roflstomp the orcs (about a third of the way into the main story) the game lost most of its draw. It was fun for a while but I cant see myself finishing it. Shame really, the game had great potential but it got repetitive very fast.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

Axis wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 09:56:
This was a kickstarter - hopes and dreams don't always come true, as we all know, when you gamble with kickstarters-- if you have any concerns keep your money in your pocket no matter how much you have to waste.

This isn't some random loser dev who just decided to take the money and run. You gamble for certain aspects you expect, and if the product is close you got your money's worth.

Although I agree with this sentiment, Frontier and Braben have shot themselves in the foot with this, and badly if I might add. If they promised an offline single player game, then they should have delivered. They knew ages ago that they were going this route of single player game with an online DRM component, dynamic galaxy updates (or whatever description floats your boat) and they should have made clear that the game requires an internet connection as soon as they knew it would. Doing it this way is scummy and below them, it reeks of douchebaggery and it sets a precedent for Chris Roberts to exploit once the shit starts hitting the fan with StarCitizen and all the myrad of impossible promises they made...

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
34. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 08:46 InBlack

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 08:17:
Marketing 101 - assignment: your company overbooked massively an event. 80% of the paying customers could not get in for three days, until a quarter to a third of them gave up, at which time the rest could then access the content. Spin this to make your company look good.

WOW is still the best MMO ever, but, this roll out was a fiasco, and now that it is over, players have started to enjoy the new content that by all reports is excellent. Next roll out I am blocking out a week to play something else until the dust settles.

You just described every single Blizzard product launch since the original WoW came out. They always 'promise' to get the infrastructure up in place and are always 'surprised' that they so underestimated the demand. BS on an unprecedented scale, considering the billions of dollars involved funny that they keep getting away with it. Gamers are quite the whipping boy and publishers know this only too well...

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
77. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 06:21 InBlack

Orogogus wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 03:03:
InBlack wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:44:
This is probably true for the new generation of consoles (since they are brand new and there is little content for them so far) but there is no firm data on this one way or the other. I think when you compare Xbox360 and the PS3 (as one category) to the PC the numbers would be about even.

I don't think it's even close. If you go to Pirate Bay or kickass.to or wherever and look at the number of torrents, seeders and leechers you can at least get an idea. Put in "Far Cry 4", sort by seeds; the entire first page is PC torrents. The top torrent has about 5500 seeds while the first 360 torrent has 101 and the first PS3 torrent has 57, keeping in mind that there are many more PC torrents than 360 and PS3 combined. Eyeballing it, it looks like about 20,000:200 (360+PS3) seeds.

Of course the actual numbers aren't going to be exactly that proportion, but unless you're in a complete state of denial you can at least see which way the wind's blowing. You'd have to stretch pretty far to try to claim the real ratio is 1:1.

Dude. Are you serious? You cant take ONE game and a fairly recent one at that as proof of anything. Go to the VERY SAME SITE and type in any number of console EXCLUSIVE games in the search box...

74. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 02:44 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:22:
Piracy is higher on PC games. Simple fact. It's unavoidable.

This is probably true for the new generation of consoles (since they are brand new and there is little content for them so far) but there is no firm data on this one way or the other. I think when you compare Xbox360 and the PS3 (as one category) to the PC the numbers would be about even.

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
29. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 02:27 InBlack

.Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:13:
Endo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 22:50:
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

You mean like Kanye West?v (Or Justin Bieber?)

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 08:48.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

What model is the replacement? Hopefuly your mechanic is an honest guy (well honest 'enough') and your replacement doesnt end up in the shop too often. Sorry to be so pessimistic, Ive never had anyhing but horrible luck with mechanics and used cars, mileage may vary on these things  

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions Nov 19, 2014, 09:31 InBlack

Thumbs up.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
59. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 19, 2014, 07:41 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:09:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:06:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:55:
lol pervs!

It would be disrespectful to not admire the work the animator put in creating the assets (pun intended).
Oh I totally agree

Careful guys, you are venturing close to Sarkessian territory. Turn around immediately before she brands you as GAMERS!!!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
76. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 07:14 InBlack

Oh I dunno about that. Its all a matter of perspective. Its also a matter of shades, nothing is black and white. People, humans, are fucked up. Especially those in power, and those in a position of ultimate power...well you know the saying. Anyway a lot of the blame for the rise of IS lies on the shoulders of the US and the International community for giving Assad free reign to do as he likes in Syria, or if we go back far enough, as soon as the British strated meddling and redrawing traditional borders after WW1. Basically all through history it always comes down to the white man fucking over the primitives, kicking the anthill so to speak wherever he goes. So who are the real Qunari?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2014, 04:30 InBlack

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 02:35:
So only 48 Senators are even aware that the 4th Amendment exists. Wonderful.

You can argue money in most things, but what corportations are lobbying for the Fed to keep spying on them? This is purely the Government walking over our liberties, and in this case it's power driving to them to do it - power over we the sheeple. Fuck you Marco Rubio - the Constitution isn't an inconvenience that has to be worked around, it's what you took an oath to uphold you fucking hypocrite.

In this case its just more of the same. Its in the ruling elites' interest to keep NSA operational and powerful. Corporations provide the tools, the NSA implements them. Hell Google is the biggest metadata collector in the world, Google's VP and head of Google Ideas Jared Cohen has links to the defense department as long as my arm.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 02:50 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:13:
Darks wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:15:
PropheT wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:29:
I haven't been wow'd by the first introduction to a game like this one in a long time. There was a definite holy shit moment starting it up, I didn't expect it to look that good... although, I have a 3770k with a GTX 780 and have found myself having to tweak the graphics a bit since the automatic detected Ultra was only getting ~30 with some annoying dips.

And then I spent the next 2+ hours restarting and playing with the character creator and haven't really played yet

Agreed, I just love the game so far, and on my GTX 970 everything maxed out on Ultra this game looks killer.

Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your money -- because you haven't -- but everything on Ultra on my GTX 680 too, and it runs like a charm! It depends on The Witcher 3 now, but for now it does seem this baby can please me for another year or so!

As for the game... well, I had to VPN activate it because I'm in Europe so I couldn't import the Dragon Age Keep world state somehow. I'm basically playing it like it's a huge demo, knowing I'll restart the game tomorrow at midnight. From what I've seen so far... oh man, this game is a MUST BUY for anyone who likes the genre. I'm loving it!

I can't wait to meet some Qunari and I sincerely hope the game gives me an option to just mutilate those fuckers. Call my roleplaying character a racist, I don't care, but I personally think the Qunari are a badly written race. They live and breathe to conquer; to fight; to die in battle and they kill families when they lose their fucking swords. I find it hard to find the DA world believable because of them, because no thinking civilization would accept them. Again, Sten butchered the family that SAVED him because he lost his sword and those Qunari at Kirkwall planned to capture the entire goddamn city because their bullshit Qun-book got taken by ONE stubborn bitch. Seriously, it's such a disgusting race. Can't wait to fuck every single Qunari up that lives by the ways of their heritage.

I got two words for you. Islamic State. RL is so much more fucked up than fiction.

31. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 02:37 InBlack

Oh Well I guess this is a step up from calling ALL PC gamers pirates. Although it is worrying that they would intentionally gimp their game RC on release just for that. I mean they are adding a shitton of work and headaches for their CS team, to get an edge of a few hours on the warez groups. If DRM of most kinds doesnt work, I dont think naming and shaming is going to do the trick either.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2014, 02:22 InBlack

mag wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 00:59:
LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:52:
I hope voting against the Constitution will change once the new congress is sworn in, but we will see.

I can see your point Cutter, but do we really want people that fail in life to run government? I mean... you do not have to be rich, but at least have some success in life. Know what I mean?

The party getting control is the party that obstructed the vote. There's no reason to grandstand anymore; they already won the election. They are not going to do a damned thing about this when the Senate changes hands.

Its a nice game of push and shove, pull and tug 'they' are playing while applying the wool over the eyes of LibertyOrDeath and his ilk. By 'them' I mean both parties. The game is rigged people, the system is fucked up through and through. There is too much money in politics. The only legislation that will be passed will be the one that keeps the status quo, or shifts it ever so slightly to pander to the interests of those who finance both parties.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2014, 10:09 InBlack

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:42:
Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Available Now.

This work day needs to be over! NOW.

This game needs to be released on the PC NOW!

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
36. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 08:47 InBlack

Kevin Lowe wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 07:59:
InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 07:20:
How is it false equivalency? Its copyright infringement in both cases isnt it?
Because one of them is helping those affected by a life-threatening disease. The other is "exclusive missions with Hurk and his harpoon gun".

Nah, bro, you're right. Those are totes the same thing.

Keep trolling, the content of the IP is irrelevant. The example is relevant to the discussion though, because thats where it naturally leads.

Do I have to spell it out for you? Maybe not for an obvious troll like yourself but maybe someone with more than two brain cells in their head might appreciate it.

If we start looking at IP infringement as stealing, as Prez and others are saying that we should, then where do we stop?? Why not make piracy punishable by prison time? Why not 'cut off the hands' and feet of those who dare to 'COPY' to serve their own interest. Why not invade that third world country for daring to steal our godgiven right to an IP?

This is the point, and this is why its not just semantics.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 08:55.

7635 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo