Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8672 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing
1. Re: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing Jul 1, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

In be4 other Dead or Alive quips...

"You spin me right round baby right round, like a record baby right round, right round...."

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
5. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jul 1, 2015, 08:12 InBlack

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 06:55:
InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 03:05:
Im sick of HOTS, and currently waiting for DCS World 2. I think Ill be going back to POE and creating a nice new character when this hits. Might even start messing around with Hardcore.

Any suggestions, for a (not a complete newbie) what character I should start out with? Im looking for a char that is not so much gear dependant.

To be honest there is so much changes in 2.0 that half the builds are broken and there's about another 10,000 builds to replace them. The amount of content and changes to the game is indeed staggering. I'd recommend just looking at what main skills you find the most enjoyable and build off of that. Lots of old skills that werent so good got boosts. There's also a ton of new skills to play around with. Melee seems to be in favor throughout the beta though.

Ok thanks for the tip. Last time I played, I leveld two classes, melee crusader, and ranged ranger. The ranger got further along before hitting a really solid feeling gear wall. I simply couldnt progress further without significantly better gear without trading for it. Im looking to avoid that bit, since to trade you really need to get sort of lucky with some orb drops (at least thats how it used to be).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2015, 07:27 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 14:39:
harlock wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 12:34:
our economic model of currency is unsustainable, of course

there is a natural "economy", but our financial systems dont follow that at all

Don't worry. After the TPP is ratified we'll all be de facto corporate slaves from that point forward. Welcome to the dystopia.

Are we are not corporate slaves right now?? The dystopia is already here. It was born the minute we gave corporations all the benefits and rights that real citizens have.

P.S.

Where is Beamer, did he get tired of being the devil's advocate on this board?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

Political apathy is what the elite wants.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
42. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 03:22 InBlack

Im sorry jdreyer but that's not how it works. Throwing money at the game won't magically make it better, or even guarantee that it will ever be released. Nin (like myself and many others) signed up for something that has turned into something completely different, and more importantly with nothing to show for it. That is why he wants his money back.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
40. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 1, 2015, 03:18 InBlack

Where is the game? Seriously where? Ill tell you where, In CR's delusional mind.

Ever since RSI started offering these virtual goodies for a non existant game and the project balooned into something that on paper would take 1000 man years to complete I have been warning people to stay away from this circus.

CR's resume speaks for itself. The man was removed as lead from Freelancer when Microsoft realized he was just spending money on feature creep and that the game would never be released. Why do people trust someone like that?

I mean fine, if he was making JUST the singleplayer I think he would do a pretty decent job, but give this man unlimited funds, and the freedom to do what he wants and he will NEVER release a game. NEVER. Mark. My. Words.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week
3. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Next Week Jul 1, 2015, 03:05 InBlack

Im sick of HOTS, and currently waiting for DCS World 2. I think Ill be going back to POE and creating a nice new character when this hits. Might even start messing around with Hardcore.

Any suggestions, for a (not a complete newbie) what character I should start out with? Im looking for a char that is not so much gear dependant.

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
22. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jul 1, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

NKD wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 23:52:
So I did a little footwork to provide some amusement for you all... I present to you, a case study in denial, Cutter & Minecraft! He's had such a hate boner for Minecraft since the very beginning. As we all know, there's nothing Cutter hates more than seeing something he doesn't like have any success at all.

He started out in full denial mode. I didn't search too hard so you can probably find posts where he talks about "wire fraud" and "lawsuits" somewhere during this period, his two favorite terms.

"Anyway, I still don't believe these numbers, probably because I'll never get the draw of this game."
-Cutter, January 21 2011, on Minecraft hitting 1 million sales.

"Really? I have a hard time believing this."
-Cutter, April 6 2011, on Minecraft reaching approximately $33 million in gross revenue.

"I really can't believe this thing has sold that much. And with no independent way to verify it, I'll continue on in that belief."
-Cutter, June 14 2011, on Minecraft hitting 2.5 million sales.

Then once the sales numbers and success become even too apparent for his fucked up brain to deny, he begins to believe everyone is buying it but no one is actually playing because the game is so shit.

"Given its price point how many people bought it simply because other people had it? What's the average continual play time of this game? How many people bought it and checked it out for a week and never touched it again?"
-Cutter, November 12 2012, on Minecraft hitting 8 million sales.

Fast forward to last year and Cutter thinks it's just a thing you have to have to be cool. I'll spare you the part of the post where he goes on about how he's always rebelled against what's popular because it's easy to go along with the mainstream.

"Minecraft is simply something people have to have to be part of the in-crowd. Like all theses sorts of one offs it's a fluke."
-Cutter, June 26 2014, Minecraft hitting an estimated 50 million sales across all platforms.

Anyway, this took me a good 15 minutes to put together, so I hope you enjoy.

What harlock said. Why waste 15 minutes of your valuable time just to prove Cutter wrong. I mean wtf, this is Cutter we are talking about, it's not like his word is gospel around here

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm PTR Closed
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm PTR Closed Jun 30, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Will this feature a new Hero League Season?  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2015, 03:16 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 23:19:

Glad I'm not alone. SO many people LOVE the books, but they are so dull to me. PJ's movies, however, I love.

And no, it's not because I don't like books. Robert Jordan and GRRM are just so much better at pacing, even if they do draw out the length of the story.

Wow. I dont think Jordan (if he were still alive) or Martin would agree. But hey, opinions and all that...

Jordan died trying to finish his 'epic' and Martin will probably follow in his footsteps. So pacing...yeah..hmm...not sure I agree with you there.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2015, 03:23.

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
16. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 30, 2015, 03:12 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:31:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:00:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:13:
I haven't actually played eve in 4 years but just continue training my main characters.

Want that 23 million skill points per year to keep going.

Just hit 144 million.. hopefully one day i'll get back into it.
So you actually paying the monthly sub but do not play the game just train your character?

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Is it not?

Well it's a game of time to train, my friend took a 2 year break and started playing again with 50 million less skill points and he's wishing he paid the two years to keep it going. We make pretty good money so it's not like it'd really going to affect any part of our daily lives to spend 140$ a year on it.

When you say 'We' you mean yourself and your brother Luigi, right? I know there is good money in plumbing..

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
12. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 30, 2015, 03:09 InBlack

Yeah, the engine is really impressive. What seems to me the one single fantastic standout thing about it is the seamless transition from satelite imagery to hand drawn textures as you change altitude. Ive tried real hard to notice any pop-in etc. there is none. Oh and the visibility improvements. Finally great visibility without smart-scaling. This will be awesome with the WWII birds.  

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
36. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

Im not sure why all the hate against Notch. He used to be this indy developer that scored a hit with one of his games, nothing new and unusual about that, and was also pretty hands-on and protective of his games, again nothing unusual about that either.

He joked once that he would sell his IPs for 2 Billion dollars. Microsoft didnt get the joke and shelled out the cash.

Im guessing people are just expressing their envy by ranting against Notch for selling out. He scored, and he scored big time! So all the best to him and the envious fucks be damned.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
69. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 30, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

Dacron wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 22:12:

Don't know if you noticed, but a lot of stuff they say turns out to be false. Like release dates. Just saying.

RSI has been shifting the goalposts since day 1 of the kickstarter, the fanbois don't seem to even notice. The blind faith of the truly faithful is not to be underestimated. They really think that CR will transport them into this magical world of the future where nothing is the limit. What they dont seem to get is that CR's track record speaks louder than any hype or words, and that what has been released so far is so far below any kind of par its hilarious.

Have they even shown ONE working system from the MMO? (And no I dont mean solar system, although they havent shown that either AFAIK)

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
24. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 30, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Yeah there was something about that game, maybe it was just the retro future coolness of the story. A shooting war with the USSR on the Moon. Nuclear deterrents being the reason why the war doesnt spread to Earth. It all sort of meshed together and had this great blend of military sci-fi action combined with tank sim and rts gameplay, as well as a good story.

I never really got into the sequel as it ran like shit on my PC (it had constant hitching that I could never get rid of no matter what I did).

I hope this turns out good.

56. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 18:00 InBlack

Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:04:
Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
Yes, but SQ42 is episodic now, so if and when it ever gets delivered it'll be a decade before it's done at this rate. All the real time and money is going into the P2W online game.

Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*

Ill make sure to note this post of yours when the first episode is released and its 10 missions long and will take 2.5 hours to blow through...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2015, 11:42 InBlack

The movies are not as good as the book(s). They are still pretty good though, especially "The Fellowship". I was quite dissapointed with "The Return of the King" especially, as it glossed over the most important part of the book (how Aragorn actually claimed the throne, the signs, etc.) and completely rewrote the whole Shire ending into a terribly prolonged and pathetic superfluous fluff...  

17. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 11:08 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:38:
"Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?"

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

Wonderful. Very pertinent.

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
1. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 29, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

Well it's had a good run. One of the better MMOs Ive played, I just din't have the time, or disposable income to get really really invested in it. I quit quite a while ago when our corps imploded and we got stomped by a larger more organized and less noob friendly corps. (Although that was fun and made sense from a role playing perspective :)).  

3. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 09:50 InBlack

Another day, another Starcitizen delay. I wouldnt call it exactly refreshing news, but yeah at least people arent throwing money at CR and Crew anymore...(or maybe they are and CR just isnt telling us).  

8672 Comments. 434 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo