Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7804 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

nin wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 09:16:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 09:08:
wtf? IGN did their best of 2014, they put in Sunset Overdrive and no mention of Mordor!? One of the many reasons I don't go to their site.

But did they include Wolfenstein: The New Order? It barely edges out Mordor as my GOTY.

Will definitely have to check out Wolfenstein at some point.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Funny and sad at the same time.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 22, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

Julio wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 09:32:
Thanks North Korea, can't beat free!

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
41. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 09:13 InBlack

Comet wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 08:37:

Why pass judgment now, so early in the development process?

Three reasons.

Firstly, because the crowdfunding initiatives got twisted with the passage of time and because they kept adding more goals and changing their goal posts when they saw fit to do so. You can sugarcoat it any way you like, call it 'expanding' the vision or whatever, the fact of the matter is that they are generating hype by promising the moon and the stars. To me this is wrong, you cant do that and sell 1000+ dollar ships at the same time. Its irresponsible to your backers and its irresponsible towards the army of developers who are trying to build your game. Stick to your original plan or you will never release a game. We've had countless examples of less ambitious projects failing due to mismanagement.

Secondly, Chris Roberts never says NO. When someone answers every question with a YES we have that... or YES we will have that or YES we plan on having that....etc. to me that is a big tell. Ive never seen an interview or statement by CR where he states his reasons for NOT including something in this game. According to CR this game will be everything. Common sense prevails, if its too good to be true....

And thirdly, the thousand dollar virtual items for virtual display, that may at some point end up being playable in a game, when it is eventually released. Now I dont have a problem with people paying thousands of dollars for their virtual ships. I really dont. What I do have a problem with is the way everything is structured around the sale of these ships. The 'game' that I see that CR is building at the moment is one of 'collectible' virtual items. Promo videos of new ships are constantly being released. Promo sales are held, where 'limited' quantities of these ships are sold. The website is streamlined for people who want to purchase these ships. It stinks, no it reeks of the end being the means, instead of the other way round.

I could go on but these three reasons should be enough for anyone to at least raise a few red flags. Im not going to ignore the project silently and I will call out the BS as I see it here on Blues News and elsewhere. Sorry if that bothers you and you are welcome to ignore these posts.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2014, 09:22.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
10. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 07:30 InBlack

Casus Belli? Seriously? Cyber Warfare is a real thing. The US wages a lot of it. In fact a cursory check on Google will even tell you that it does most of it, with China in a close second place. Most of it is done against nations with which the US is not in any kind of open conflict. Are you seriously advocating open conflict against nations on this basis? Im reasonably sure that the war against North Korea would be brief and very violent, regardless of their nuclear arsenal. Millions would die. Millions who are held hostage by a paranoid and delusional lunatic. You would punish that regime by bombing millions of oblivious civilians into the dust, people who probably dont even have phones let alone access to anything resembling the internet.  

34. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 07:04 InBlack

They can stick their first ten missions of the 'episodic' Squadron42 where the Sun dont fucking shine. The last time I fell for that bullshit I still thought Halflife 3 was just around the corner. Fuck that. Im with MoreLuckThanSkill here. If and when he releases the FULL single player game (which is basically what everyone wanted before the MMO fanbois became the dominant voice in the Starcitizen kickstarer) I might jump on board. Call me a hater if you like. I do hate dishonest bastards, although I usually reserve that feeling for people I actually know in real life. In this case Im more annoyed with the army of fanbois who believe they are dictating the development of a game, and paying for the privilege of doing so.  

30. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 03:36 InBlack

Dev wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 03:29:
So, can someone explain what exactly arena commander is? I KS this game at the lowest amount, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the single player game I backed, is it like a flight test module or something?

Sugarman wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 03:15:
Cutter, do you haven an account? Have you tried it? It's an alpha, so don't go in expecting a polished game.
Arena commander 1.0 doesn't sound to me like an alpha

Arena commander is like Mechwarrior Online. In Space. Sounds awesome right??

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 22, 2014, 03:03 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 12:17:
Yeah, humans are dumb, but being dumb shouldn't be a death penalty.

*Looks at nature*

You sure about that?

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 02:42 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 17:02:
Sony hack was 'cyber vandalism,' not act of war, says Obama.

Other than the fact he is a decent speaker, he says about as asinine things as Bush did, but it sounds like sugar when he says it.....

From the context of your post Im guessing that you dont agree with him and that an unknown person or persons hacking a private corporation is an act of war. On whom exactly? On Sony? On America? On the Free World? By whom? By North Korea? By China? There are indications the hack did not originate in North Korea. Do you nuke this other country?

If this is a war, then the USA lost a long fucking time ago. Its time to wake up to the fact that when you give in to terrorist demands, you lose. When you give up your freedoms because of terrorist threats. You lose. When you invade other countires because of terrorists. You lose. You cant fight terror by inciting more terror. It just doesnt work.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2014, 02:48.

25. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 02:33 InBlack

Flak wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 18:09:

If by Pay 2 Win you mean I can board their ship and steal their '$1,000+' purchase, then yes, I guess they're doing a great job 'winning' while I fly off as a 'loser' with their ship.

Lulz.

Where is this game where you can do this? Can I play it? Can you play it?? Oh right....it doesnt EXIST! Oh but you can still buy the 1000$ ship right NOW (interesting how the lower priced ships are always out of stock) which someone will later be able to board and steal, at some point, maybe, in the future. Next year maybe but probably some time after that episode of the single player portion of the game comes out. Maybe.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 19, 2014, 02:56 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 12:45:
New Regency Quietly Cancels Steve Carell's Upcoming North Korea Movie.

Baby Jeebus, when did we turn into such boot-quaking, pants-wetting cowards as to let ourselves be cowed by the likes of North Korea??! For Chrissakes, grow some fucking backbone already.

9/11 was a solid start for the seed of fear to be planted. The Bush administration nurtured and cultivated the culture of fear and used it to further its own (or rather it's corporate masters' interests). Th Obama administration didnt change much in that regard. Fear is a useful tool for those who are in power regardless of their supposed ideology or creed.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
41. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 19, 2014, 02:46 InBlack

maximus0402 wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 16:07:
Is Total Ware: Rome II worth the major discount?

Also I have Civ5 with all expansations. Is CIv Beyone earth truely Sci-fi ish enough to justify the buy or it truely just a skinning?

Looking for a Interstellar like good sci-fi game

Let me answer those questions:

1. Rome II: Oh yes.

2. Civ: Beyond Earth: Ehh, No and its not really a skin but its soulless.

3. Goodluck with that.

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
22. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 02:38 InBlack

Shit if I had 2 Billion, I would spend like there was no tomorrow. Notch bought a house. A nice expensive house, for people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, in Beverly Hills. But its still just a house.  

News Comments > Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges
6. Re: Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges Dec 19, 2014, 02:26 InBlack

Unknown Soldier wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 21:44:
Eve online was doing this before it was cool.

Except you can buy pretty much everything with the currency in Eve. In WoW you still need to grind for those goddamn BOA items. Fuck BOA.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
218. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 02:24 InBlack

Real Life getting in the way of some serious time with Elite. Im really envious of you peeps who had the extra time in the Beta and Gamma to get familiar with the game  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2014, 02:17 InBlack

Last night RL got in the way of another session with Elite. Tonight Im hanging out with my girlfriend, which is nice but still...Oh damn you Real Life! Damn You!!! *shakes fist in air*  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2014, 12:31 InBlack

Elite Dangerous is pretty fucking good. Thank goodness the reviewer had the patience to figure that out. The game is definitely not for people who are used to being spoon fed sickly sweet baby food.  

187. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 09:15 InBlack

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 08:38:
I'm sorta interested in this but I'm struggling to get an idea of how the game plays over a longer period of time. I can see myself getting bored of just mining and trading pretty quickly, what else is there to do? I was surprised to see that player co-op options are extremely limited as that would have been one of the main draws for me. Can I eventually buy a capital ship and run around acting like a terror? What sorts of activities are there outside of mining and mapping?

There are all sorts of missions available at all the different stations, many of them are multi-tiered and nearly all of them have some kind of backstory. For a random generating mission system (I assume thats how it works) it feels well thought out and varied. Oh, there are factions in the game as well, I think three major ones, and many smaller and independent factions as well. You can do faction specific missions to improve your standing with them, but Im not really sure what that leads to I guess there is some sort of endgame there (or will be at some point).

It's all about what you are looking for in a game. The game feels surface deep at first, but that's only if you dont bother scratching below the surface. Basically its the old Elite in a new engine, and with some multiplayer thrown in for good measure (the multiplayer part definitely needs to be refined). Be warned, its a pretty big timesink though.

181. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 04:12 InBlack

Didnt manage to get much play yesterday (maybe half an hour tops) just managed to limp back to a station to refuel. Figured out the D-scanner thing. (thanks Spectralmeat)

Will be adding some of you guys later today, my quest for today will be earning enough moolah to get a third laser installed and maybe get something slightly more powerful then the stupid pulse lasers. I cant fight yet, it takes too long, so boring courier missions it is! Also need to figure out a way to get out of this backwater system I spawned in.

So where should I be heading? Where are the greener pastures in our galaxy for a would be pirate/bounty hunter?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
16. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 04:06 InBlack

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 03:22:
If by N. Korea you mean their Chinese backers, then yeah.

Yes because only the Chinese could orchestrate something of such magnitude with such skill and ability. Rolleyes

7804 Comments. 391 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo