Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8865 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
17. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 30, 2015, 06:03 InBlack

Xoxotl wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 05:50:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:33:
Because we're sick and tired of the stupidity of religious kooks. We're fed up that we can't have nice things because of them. If it weren't for religious assholes we'd already be livig in a Trekian paradise by now.

Trekian Paradise? The only thing holding back humanity from utopia is religion?

Riiiight.

I consider myself agnostic, but Yeahyeah has a point. Somebody mentions God in a partially positive context and militant atheists freak the fuck out. It's almost Pavlovian in your response.

Militant atheists? How many militant atheists do you know? How many have you heard of that are you know...militant? As in they bear arms and crusade and kill for their cause. Now how many militant religious orders exist at this moment? How many have existed throughout human history? How many have killed, maimed, raped and pillaged in the name of one God or another? How many are killing right now in the name of Allah and Jihad?

Go take your apologist bullshit somewhere else, there is no such thing as a militant atheist crusader fighting to eradicate all religion. An absence of belief is not a belief in itself and Yeahyeah's obviously trolling post makes no sense either way. Since the Exorcist has nothing to do with Atheism or atheists anyway.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
18. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 05:50 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 04:01:
InBlack wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 02:19:
I just downloaded these drivers from the Nvidia Experience control panel...I have Windows 7....???

On a related note, I'm getting weird horizontal flickering on my screen. This started when I upgraded to a GTX970, it's hardly noticeable but it's there in games. During standard desktop operations, surfing, etc. I'm not seeing it. Do I have a defective card? Defective cable? Is this a driver issue? I tried googling it and most believe it's an issue with cables, connectors or alternatively something with vsync. I'm kind of going out of my mind because it's something you can hardly notice and maybe I'm starting to see things....

Do the troubleshooting. Exclude factors from possible causes. Crosstest your cable, your monitor, your GPU. Use HDMI? Try DVI cable and output. Use monitor? Connect your PC to your TV. Etc.

Yeah going to try something like that tonight. I do have a TV connected to the PC so will try dual displays to check whether the artifacts appear on the TV as well. Will also try and switch the display ports and as a second to last resort try a HDMI cable (The monitor is connected with DVI cable atm). If the artifacts are still there then it's either in my mind or it's a faulty card...

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
14. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 30, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:03:
God has blessed him? So what? Did he curse him before? Is that how that works? Fucking religious kooks I swear.

Atheists freak out against invocations of God so much it practically lends credence to movies like The Exorcist. 'The Power of Christ Compels You!' could easily send some atheists screaming bloody murder and spitting pea soup.

Go look up the definition of the word atheist in a dictionary. It will help you not make a complete fool of yourself in the forums the next time you use it. Who knows, if you keep it up, maybe you might even grow a brain at some point in the future.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
70. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 03:18 InBlack

As for gun control vs free for all. How bout we use some common sense here. A 6 year old kid can pick up a gun and shoot themselves in the head, or shoot their dog, or their parent accidentally. Now remove the gun from the equation.

Q. E. FUCKING D.

Ok try to convince me how gun control would totally suck! TRY!

69. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

I haven't read the whole thread but I'm with Blue on this one. Now that I've kind of looked at the last few posts I think I'm gonna have to delve into the thread  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
36. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 30, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

LandrosRadick wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 16:29:
In regards to the license: Microsoft still owns all DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT rights of Mechwarrior and Battletech. Both in Trademark and Copyright. IGP (or Infinite Games Publishing, the original publisher of MWO) transferred their commercial license right (they paid Microsoft for) to PGI before or just after folding. So now PGI is a direct licensee developer, rather than going through IGP.

Any other company can do the same and become a licensee of the property and develop games, however PGI is pretty notorious for not wanting to share even a fraction of the community, a la being threatened by MWLL's expanding features and basically told the devs to shut it down or "else".

So what you are saying is that regardless of the Kickstarter this is not going to happen?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 30, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:05:
Oh, so he's going to commit that sociopath to an asylum where he can get the treatment he so desperately needs?

Sociopaths are not crazy. They can also tell right from wrong, they just don't give a shit. If we started committing people without a conscience to mental institutions, we might as well give up the so called 'free market' economy, since that would include pretty much everyone on Wall Street, and the rest of the world's top bankers included...

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
16. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 30, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

I just downloaded these drivers from the Nvidia Experience control panel...I have Windows 7....???

On a related note, I'm getting weird horizontal flickering on my screen. This started when I upgraded to a GTX970, it's hardly noticeable but it's there in games. During standard desktop operations, surfing, etc. I'm not seeing it. Do I have a defective card? Defective cable? Is this a driver issue? I tried googling it and most believe it's an issue with cables, connectors or alternatively something with vsync. I'm kind of going out of my mind because it's something you can hardly notice and maybe I'm starting to see things....

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2015, 02:25.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 29, 2015, 04:07 InBlack

ViRGE wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:12:
NKD wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:43:
In most Kickstarter/crowdfunding failures there isn't going to be recoverable money.
Exactly. Pay up with what? They failed because they used up all of their funds attempting to deliver the product int he first place.

Im sure that this will be the excuse when Star Citizen goes to hell...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 03:14 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 02:17:
Julio wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:21:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:24:
Florida teacher who had sex with three teens sentenced to 22 years in prison

Seriously America, what the fuck?! That's some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

Pedophiles go to jail there unlike in Canada.

I remember reading a story years ago about a man in Quebec who sodomized his daughters, 14 and 16. The judge let him off with probation (IIRC) because he had preserved the girl's "virginity" since he'd only used the "back door." It was such a major WTF story that I still recall it and remain baffled. Those poor girls are f'd for life emotionally.

That is truly sick, however it has nothing to do with this story. This (very hot) teacher had a relationship with her 17 year old student. While that is indeed poor judgement and grounds for dismisal, there is no way that this was in any way abuse or should it warrant a 20 year jail sentence. It's fucking insane is what it is...this was a consensual relationship.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Jul 29, 2015, 03:08 InBlack

Why is everyone making a big deal about this piece of shit? Just use some duck tape to tape your iphone to your forearm. It's less bulky and you will sweat less....  

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
50. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 29, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

All the usual suspects will be preordering Im sure. Guys Im getting a seriously bad juju vibe from this game. Don't preorder this. Please dont.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2015, 02:51 InBlack

Snowden should come home. Nelson Mandela spent 20 years in prison for what he believed in. I can't blame him though. Not everyone is made of that stuff....  

News Comments > Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions
8. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 29, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Krowen wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:52:
Signed up for the stupid Mojang account, then the fucking Microsoft Account and then it wants me to sign into Xbox fucking Live just to play.

Fuck off, uninstalled.

Good man!

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
22. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 02:30 InBlack

Fuck Diablo3. They took everything that was good about Diablo2, threw it away, copied shit from WoW, introduced butterfly witches and retarded archangels named 'Imperius', added some more WoW shit, then excreted it out for our gaming pleasure. D3 is seriously Blizzard's worst fail ever. No ammount of fixing will get it anywhere near the quality of even Path of Exile let alone Diablo2:LOD...  

News Comments > Free HotS Stimpacks for New Players
5. Re: Free HotS Stimpacks for New Players Jul 29, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

Brazor wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 23:25:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:21:
I guess thats one way to alienate the current player base
It's the reverse
You're bringing in more players with this to provide more players for the existing ones to matched with and against. It's a win win.

You mean more noobs, griefers and ragequitters to wade through the gutter with??? Im not an elitist asshole by any stretch of the definition but Im sick and tired of the dregs I have to play with in the lower MM bracket. The paradoxal thing is, because of the aforementioned groups of 'trolls' my win rate is abysmally low and I can't get up the ladder where I can at least have some good games. For example yesterday I played three games in the Heroes League, I lost all three. One was a pretty gg, so no complaints there. The better team won. The other two: one guy first picked Nova and proceeded to suck so badly the entire game I swear we would have done better with a bot, and in the other game another first picker picked E.T.C. started crying how he gets no respect and then proceeded to run into the other team feeding them from the first second of the match....

The Hero League needs a new season, that would help. Until then Im just gonna pretend Im playing with bots, since Blizzard really knows how to bring out the best in people....

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 28, 2015, 09:31 InBlack

Some very good questions asked already on that AMA, looking forward to prof. Hawking's answers. (Hint: the subject is AI).  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2015, 09:29 InBlack

Putting the "limited" back into "available in limited quanitities".

BTW the Pipboy is a glorified plastic armband for your smartphone. The Pipboy app sounds marginally useful if it can indeed interact with your game in real time, however why someone would wear one on their arm while sitting in front of their PC is beyond me...

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2015, 02:36 InBlack

PunkiBastardo wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 10:33:
One reddit user got a mail from Laidlaw in response to that HL3 video. Just posting it in case you hadn't seen it but make what you will of it:

I sent an email to Marc Laidlaw regarding recent rumors, Valve's silence, and Half-Life as a whole. This is his response

Well it's really nice that he actually answers his fan mail. This is cooler than the actual content of the mail.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

The market will work itself out. Ebooks need to be significantly cheaper than printed books, but still not so much so that authors will feel ripped off. A book is a work of labour and love, and most importantly time. It's hard to be a self-supporting author, very few are financially successful.  

8865 Comments. 444 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo