Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7794 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 19, 2014, 02:56 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 12:45:
New Regency Quietly Cancels Steve Carell's Upcoming North Korea Movie.

Baby Jeebus, when did we turn into such boot-quaking, pants-wetting cowards as to let ourselves be cowed by the likes of North Korea??! For Chrissakes, grow some fucking backbone already.

9/11 was a solid start for the seed of fear to be planted. The Bush administration nurtured and cultivated the culture of fear and used it to further its own (or rather it's corporate masters' interests). Th Obama administration didnt change much in that regard. Fear is a useful tool for those who are in power regardless of their supposed ideology or creed.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
41. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 19, 2014, 02:46 InBlack

maximus0402 wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 16:07:
Is Total Ware: Rome II worth the major discount?

Also I have Civ5 with all expansations. Is CIv Beyone earth truely Sci-fi ish enough to justify the buy or it truely just a skinning?

Looking for a Interstellar like good sci-fi game

Let me answer those questions:

1. Rome II: Oh yes.

2. Civ: Beyond Earth: Ehh, No and its not really a skin but its soulless.

3. Goodluck with that.

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
22. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 02:38 InBlack

Shit if I had 2 Billion, I would spend like there was no tomorrow. Notch bought a house. A nice expensive house, for people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, in Beverly Hills. But its still just a house.  

News Comments > Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges
6. Re: Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges Dec 19, 2014, 02:26 InBlack

Unknown Soldier wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 21:44:
Eve online was doing this before it was cool.

Except you can buy pretty much everything with the currency in Eve. In WoW you still need to grind for those goddamn BOA items. Fuck BOA.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
218. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 02:24 InBlack

Real Life getting in the way of some serious time with Elite. Im really envious of you peeps who had the extra time in the Beta and Gamma to get familiar with the game  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2014, 02:17 InBlack

Last night RL got in the way of another session with Elite. Tonight Im hanging out with my girlfriend, which is nice but still...Oh damn you Real Life! Damn You!!! *shakes fist in air*  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2014, 12:31 InBlack

Elite Dangerous is pretty fucking good. Thank goodness the reviewer had the patience to figure that out. The game is definitely not for people who are used to being spoon fed sickly sweet baby food.  

187. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 09:15 InBlack

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 08:38:
I'm sorta interested in this but I'm struggling to get an idea of how the game plays over a longer period of time. I can see myself getting bored of just mining and trading pretty quickly, what else is there to do? I was surprised to see that player co-op options are extremely limited as that would have been one of the main draws for me. Can I eventually buy a capital ship and run around acting like a terror? What sorts of activities are there outside of mining and mapping?

There are all sorts of missions available at all the different stations, many of them are multi-tiered and nearly all of them have some kind of backstory. For a random generating mission system (I assume thats how it works) it feels well thought out and varied. Oh, there are factions in the game as well, I think three major ones, and many smaller and independent factions as well. You can do faction specific missions to improve your standing with them, but Im not really sure what that leads to I guess there is some sort of endgame there (or will be at some point).

It's all about what you are looking for in a game. The game feels surface deep at first, but that's only if you dont bother scratching below the surface. Basically its the old Elite in a new engine, and with some multiplayer thrown in for good measure (the multiplayer part definitely needs to be refined). Be warned, its a pretty big timesink though.

181. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 04:12 InBlack

Didnt manage to get much play yesterday (maybe half an hour tops) just managed to limp back to a station to refuel. Figured out the D-scanner thing. (thanks Spectralmeat)

Will be adding some of you guys later today, my quest for today will be earning enough moolah to get a third laser installed and maybe get something slightly more powerful then the stupid pulse lasers. I cant fight yet, it takes too long, so boring courier missions it is! Also need to figure out a way to get out of this backwater system I spawned in.

So where should I be heading? Where are the greener pastures in our galaxy for a would be pirate/bounty hunter?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
16. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 04:06 InBlack

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 03:22:
If by N. Korea you mean their Chinese backers, then yeah.

Yes because only the Chinese could orchestrate something of such magnitude with such skill and ability. Rolleyes

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 03:53 InBlack

Fion wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 22:17:
Why is it the only GTA games to do good handling were GTA 3 and Vice City? Since then it's gotten progressively worse, though I hear 5 has better handling than 4, it still isn't very good.

Vice City is still my favorite GTA game. The story, the atmosphere, the music, the setting. Mabye because it ripped so much from Scarface, but I dunno. It was just pure awesomeness. Admittedly I havent played a single second of GTAV but according to the regulars here the story is forgettable at best, and the characters are awful.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
141. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 18, 2014, 02:44 InBlack

Prez wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 01:50:
Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 22:10:
Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 21:57:
I am going to buy two copies of this - one for me to simulate mass murder for my own entertainment, and one to gift to Timmeh so his head can explode. What a bunch of self-important tripe.

Greeeeeaaaat. Then when he hunts you down and kills you for your kindness, the Feds will find a copy of the game in his Steam list and have it to blame.

The irony of self-proclaimed righteousness crusader and ruler of what is allowed Timmeh killing me would make it worth being dead.

Hahhahah

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
14. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 02:25 InBlack

Kim Jong Un - 1:0 - Hollywood

Seriously, this has got to be the biggest win N. Korea has had in the last 50 years or so. Sony not releasing the film is what they wanted, and it's what they got. Sony dropped the ball on this. They should have released the movie, the free publicity alone from all this 'controversy' would have netted them HUGE profits and N. Korea would invent something for their state media anyway. End of story.

Now, thirteen years after 9/11, America is still shaking with fear from percieved and imaginary threats. Arguably the most powerful country in the world quakes at the mere mention of a terrorist 'plot'. It's sad because the politicians will use it, twist it, overblow it and abuse it for as long as they possibly can.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2014, 02:30.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 02:17 InBlack

Ill probably skip this on release. Ive got plenty of other games to keep me occupied ATM.  

14. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:34:
And maybe it's meant to inspire hateful loners to commit suicide shooting sprees.

Oh this argument again. Hurrah for shifting responsibility!! For someone who claims not to be American, you sure have a very American veiw of things.

Hey did you know that Lee Harvey Oswald read Catcher in the Rye? They also found a copy of the book with the assasin who killed John Lennon (forgot his name) BURN SALLINGER!!!

13. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:27:
Freedom without responsibility doesn't work. We should aspire to more than pandering to the lowest common denominator. Anything for a buck, Gabe?

Im not sure what you are getting at here Cutter. Its very possible that Steam and Valve might in the end lose some business because of this decision. As for your freedom without responsibility that's all fine and dandy but ultimatevly it's not your decision to make, it's Valve's or rather Gabe's.

128. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:10:
InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 08:57:
Oh crap. Why doesnt it deploy then...It deployed fine in the Sidewinder. (And yes I set it to fire group 2) This basic stuff shouldnt be so complicated damnit!

My scanner is set to Mouse Button 2 (Fire Group 2) and you need to make sure you press and hold down the button until the scan is complete. Should be a little progress bar in the middle of the UI to show you. Sorry if you knew this already.

Whats your CMDR Handle InBlack?

CMDR InBlack

Feel free to add me. Yeah already figured all of that stuff out in the Sidewinder, but damn if I can get it to work in the Eagle. It wont deploy the damn scanner (just the pulse lasers). Hope Im just doing it wrong and I wont need to submit a ticket.

6. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:18 InBlack

shul wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:16:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the trailer and the game makes me sick.

I know that if I don't like it I don't need to play it but putting stuff like that out there is like poisoning minds.

Maybe that is the point?? Maybe its supposed to make you sick, the same way a shocking book or movie is supposed to shock you, leave an impact, and some food for thought. There is no way to tell until the game hits the shelves and we learn some more about the story (or the lack of one).

5. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:17 InBlack

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:08:
Well goddamn, Gabe. I'm impressed.

Same here. It's not a 'politicaly correct' decision, but it's the right decision. It might hurt their mainstream image, but it will definitely push up their 'street cred' with the gamer enthusiast crowd.

In any case the decision was Gabe's to make, either way its his right since its his business. But Im not going to be so quick and judge this game as a POS before its release.

125. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 17, 2014, 08:57 InBlack

Oh crap. Why doesnt it deploy then...It deployed fine in the Sidewinder. (And yes I set it to fire group 2) This basic stuff shouldnt be so complicated damnit!  

7794 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo