Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8505 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 23, 2015, 06:23 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2015, 22:47:
And as one of those people who wasn't overly impressed with W1 & 2

I was one of the few people who HATED W1 and completely skipped W2. I have to say W3 is something else entirely. I've played GTAV (tbh just for a few hours @ a friend's house) and this is better. Far better. Now just to figure out how to make those pesky bombs...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Adds Freebies
4. Re: GOG.com Adds Freebies May 22, 2015, 10:57 InBlack

Nevermind...  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
1. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 22, 2015, 09:14 InBlack

This character will be fun as fuck to play. Also KUDOS to Blizzard for giving him a 'wallhack' ability. Hopefuly the char will attract most of the cheaters

It might also be completely OP and he could get nerfed into the ground.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
50. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 09:10 InBlack

Rigs when was the last time you cleaned you CPU Cooler/Fan combo? The reason I ask is because you mention that you have an old MB, and you leave your PC on 24/7 (major dust bunny magnet) so maybe it's been a while. I used to have similar crashes/freezes/lockups in games until I cleaned my CPU/FAN/COOLER (and reapplied thermal paste).

I know this sounds far fetched, but give it a go, it takes two minutes to vacum cleane the fan/cooler at least.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2015, 09:15.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
66. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 22, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

You are pushing it too far. So far the Witcher3 is my GAME OF THE YEAR. Its fucking awesome. Its better than awesome! Awesome is not an awesome enough word to describe how fucking good the Witcher3 is.

Now Slick here has argued that 'it's all about the graphics, they lied about the graphics'....well that may be true, but I for one never even saw the 2013 footage (I saw it only after someone pointed it out to me after the game's launch) but even if I did see it, Im reasonable enough to know that sometimes devs have to cut corners, especially when they are developing a multiplatform game. It has had no EFFECT on the gameplay whatsoever. I found it more insulting when Bethesda released Skyrim with that awful, awful interface. Slick has also compared this to the fuckup that was the Sims, hheheh, well if graphics are THAT important to yuu, well there is not really much more to discuss here....If they had fucked up in the gameplay department I would be all over them, but to me this whole 'controversy' is way overblown out of all proportion.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
45. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 02:45 InBlack

No crashes or freeze locks with the new patch so far. Tried the Hariworks thing, and while I agree that the hairy monsters (wolves, bears) look fantastic the performance hit is just way too much. It's still playable, but once you get the game to run @ 60 FPS, there is simply no going back to anything lower

Loving the game so far, best RPG of the year by far, nothing comes close. What it lacks in character build diversity, it more than makes up with the fun (and often very tactical) combat, great storytelling and absolute unbeatable atmosphere. Yeah, this game oozes the good stuff.

P.S.

Also no complaints about the open world stuff, the first area (zone?) is on the smallish side but once the story picks up it really opens up. As big as Skyrim, probably even bigger.

News Comments > AMD Project CARS & Witcher 3 Beta Drivers Coming
6. Re: AMD Project CARS & Witcher 3 Beta Drivers Coming May 22, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:05:
My gtx480 is a total fuckin' chick magnet, if not a status symbol. When they hear that puppy whirrin' they get to purrin'

Hahhahaha! Pure win!

Give it up Cutter, people buy Nvidia because it performs so much better. Simply put its all about price/performance, and ATI has dropped the ball in that court.

I agree that the outliers like the Titan and even the 980 GTX simply cost way too much, but their middle of the heap offerings like the 960 and 970 GTX are some of the best bang for buck you can buy. They are still a little bit more expensive than they should be but these cards will perform as advertised, much more often than not.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released
11. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Released May 22, 2015, 02:26 InBlack

Ludomancer wrote on May 21, 2015, 16:09:
Its a game about destructive car racing. Why am I so disappointed about the controversy non-issue? I guess I found it more cathartic to run over the pedestrians than I realized. In that context this looks like an absolute bore. I wanted to mow down hundreds of pedestrians, but with the bloody, gory result that GTA just doesn't give you.
If they want controversy just throw a few infants in strollers in there, or give the cars the ability to rape people or something.

I don't get your post, so can you run over pedestrians in this game or can't you? Do you get the 'cat & mouse' bonuses etc for playing with their dead or dying bodies?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 22, 2015, 02:23 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:01:
Frags4Fun wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:29:
I'm glad to hear that the FCC may be doing something about privacy. Tom Wheeler is my hero this year.

Enjoy it while it lasts. If the GOP win the next election you can kiss it all goodbye.

And $9500 an hour is justified? In what fucking universe is something like that ever justified? That's just so FUBAR.

And Google continues its slide into the evil abyss unabated. Speaking of which I'm set to pull the plug on them. Anyone have suggestions on any good free email services - not gmail/hotmail/any of that sort of crap but one that respects privacy and doesn't data mine. Hell, even something with a cheap annual fee.

It's useless bro, unless you are going to completely ignore the search engine, and all of its affiliated and related sites, applications etc. Google stores every single keystroke you have ever made, or will ever make regardless of whether you even use their gmail or not.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

NamecaF wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:55:

What about Chess? Chess is a recognized sport by the International Olympic Committee.

That's really a great point. However chess is kind of unique, it is a game with a virtually unlimited skill ceiling.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
18. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

It was a First Person SHOOTER Diablo mash-up, and the reason it was bad is the shooting completely sucked. I still played it a lot, though, because there was no Borderlands back then and turns out the idea of FPSRPG in itself is a pretty fucking fun one.

I have said it before, and Ill say it again Hellgate London was an awesome ARPG. What it was definitely NOT was an MMO, it was marketed as such, and this is the reason why it failed. Shame really, it's gameplay mechanics were really unique.

15. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:41:
It's not like the bait and swtich of Aliens: Colonial Marines, far from it.
No, its not. And its not the point.

So which is it? Is it a bait and switch or isn't it?

8. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:28:
Marketing is a tough balancing act as Ubisoft has found out recently with backlash over their displayed vs actual products. In the case of The Witcher 3 I find the game overall to be so nice looking that I don't mind any downgrades.

Yeah, some people need to get over their entitled bullshit egos. The Witcher3 looks and runs GREAT. Even on older hardware. They figured these things out as they went along, and like any responsible game developer they optimized and adapted their game according to the time/funds available to them.

It's not like the bait and swtich of Aliens: Colonial Marines, far from it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 21, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

Looking forward to the calm and reasoned discussion that will ensue.

I just had to repost the top comment on that ARStechnica Briana Wu story

3. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:16 InBlack

Called it a few days ago when these concerns were first voiced!

It's good to see that the devs are so open and honest about it, but in all likelyhood they would have stayed silent if (I believe it was one of their former employees?) the guy who broke the story stayed silent on the issue.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 08:45 InBlack

nin wrote on May 21, 2015, 08:38:
InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 08:25:
Broke down and reserved an ASUS GTX970 at one of the local stores here. Just couldnt bear not enjoying this beautiful game as its meant to be played...Picking it up after work.

So...can I just pop my GTX760 out and pop my GTX970 in with no issues? Will my driver just recognise the new card or should I uninstall my old card in the device manager or something???

Uninstall your old video drivers, kill the power, and swap the card. Optionally select the install option about "clean install" with the new drivers.

Ok, Ive read on other sites that I can just pop the card in but I will do it this way as Im pretty sure its safer. Do I need to remove Geforce Experience as well? Or do I just uninstall the old drivers in "Programs and Applications" and just take it from there?

27. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 08:25 InBlack

Broke down and reserved an ASUS GTX970 at one of the local stores here. Just couldnt bear not enjoying this beautiful game as its meant to be played...Picking it up after work.

So...can I just pop my GTX760 out and pop my GTX970 in with no issues? Will my driver just recognise the new card or should I uninstall my old card in the device manager or something???

26. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 05:29 InBlack

Witcher 3 graphics settings explained (good tweak guide too):

Graphics

25. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 05:07 InBlack

Ok, will do Mordecai. Thanks again.  

23. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Word of warning, don't download the latest Nvidia drivers, they are noticably slower than the previous (GTAV) drivers in the Witcher3. You have been warned...

(They also appear to be more stable, i.e. not a single crash or hang up in a 3.5 hour playsession yesterday)

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 05:06.

8505 Comments. 426 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo