Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8083 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 11:57 InBlack

Quboid wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 10:47:
InBlack wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 10:03:
I have to go on record and agree with the assesment that a sequel for Blade Runner is completely unecessary and more to the point would ruin the ambiguity of the original flick.

I don't remember any ambiguity and both Scott and Ford have said that there's nothing to it. Is there any reason to elevate this above any other non-canon fan theory like James Bond being a codename?

I haven't watched it recently, I should.

It's not about canon. It's about taking the original film at its face value, without taking Ford or Scott's flip flopping views as some kind of canon.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 10:03 InBlack

I have to go on record and agree with the assesment that a sequel for Blade Runner is completely unecessary and more to the point would ruin the ambiguity of the original flick.

Ford is also a conundrum. He hated working with Scott & thought the movie would bomb (which in a way it initially did), why did he sign up for a sequel? Revenge?

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

That Aliens story is pretty cool. I too remember watching Aliens as a kid and loving the shit out of that movie even though it scared me more than a little bit.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
43. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 3, 2015, 02:51 InBlack

You guys must be on drugs if you think they will be using anything other than the heavily modified piece of shit engine they've been using since Morrowind. These are the guys who already lied to their fans that they are using a completely new engine in Skyrim.

With that said that in and of itself is not a reason to skip this game. Let us also hope that Obsidian's New Vegas isn't a one off kind of thing.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 02:42 InBlack

Mouselook! Good work. It's only 2015!  

News Comments > Op Ed
114. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2015, 04:24 InBlack

Fighting for social justice is great. Im all for it. However fighting to limit and censor free speech and expression NO MATTER THE REASON is wrong.

If you want to spew hate speech in your game/book/movie/art go right ahead. Why would I want to censor you, when I can simply laugh at you and call you a dumb fucking bigot after youve had your say.

This is what Im saying, Sarkesian is only part of it. I have nothing against her spreading her message but I don't have to like being told how and what to think. No one does.

News Comments > Op Ed
112. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2015, 02:54 InBlack

Kevin Lowe wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 07:49:
NKD wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 03:39:
beremot wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 01:10:
The tide of history, is not on your side.

The "tide of history" is going to do what, exactly? Remove all tropes from video games? Remove developers right to create whatever the fuck they want even if it offends some people? Because that's the "side" most of us here are on.

What is it you see the "tide of history" bringing us in terms of games?
Remember the change Ken Levine made to BioShock Infinite after a team member protested a religious element of the game? Was that a loss of creative freedom?

The whole point of criticism isn't to force developers to do things differently. It's to convince them to want to do better.

Remember when they took out pentagrams out of Diablo, and turned it into a kiddie game? Please tell me how a culture that promotes political correctness leads to a richer and better medium in gaming?

52. Re: speechless Mar 2, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 00:19:
I wasn't a Star Trek fan. Hated it, actually.

Do tell.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 09:31 InBlack

harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 09:30:
but why video games and not movies or tv shows? that show the exact same thing?

thats my question.. wheres the answer for that

Also that 'more often' than not part. What's up with that? Is that a feeling she has? That games more often than not are a force for evil bigots and sexist mysgonysts? I guess the empirical evidence is overwhelming, Nerds are officialy at least as bad as or probably even worse sexists than Jocks!

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2015, 09:37.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 09:29 InBlack

I see it as white and gold. I have to admit that Ive seen pictures of it where it looks blue and black, so Im skeptical about the whole thing.  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
125. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 09:25 InBlack

Well that's what you get for having a two party system. There is simply too much political spectrum to try and cram into two political options, neither of which is all that different from each other. Your entire party's credibility is dragged through the gutter by the 'cook' outliers and the even crazier voters who vote for them.

No wonder that your Congress is so unpopular. Most 'regular' people are disilusioned by the whole damn system. Rightly so, I would add.

58. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 06:30 InBlack

Ha!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35974/-alien-5-won-t-ignore-sequels-after-all

111. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 03:34 InBlack

Wraith wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 02:26:

"Government had nothing to do with the internet" - Seriously, how dumb are you Republican Fox News-watching hicks? Only you idiots would get something so fundamental so 100% wrong.

NO NO NO! The internet sprang up fully formed from the bosom of the ground. Just like Adam. Get your facts straight man!

110. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 03:31 InBlack

Stupid AND Paranoid. A wining combination if there ever was one...

People don't get that this is a WIN for them. They don't seem to get that these rules are there for their own benefit and protection. I really don't get how these mega corporations who are all PRIVATELY owned have political supporters among people who have nothing at all to do with them. It baffles the mind....

102. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

Prez wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 01:54:
I'll say this - I really don't want the government in my internet, any more than I wanted the government in my healthcare. That said, the absolutely corrupt and utterly unethical corporations left the government no choice in either case, so I will settle for the lesser of two evils. Corporations in both cases simply would not do the right thing, so they must be made to do the right thing. Don't blame the government for instituting what will turn out to be far from perfect regulations on both the internet and healthcare; rather, blame the corporations for leaving the government no choice by not doing what's right on their own. The money-obsessed douchebags in charge would sell their own mothers for a dime; of course they could not be left to run slipshod over the populace in their blind greed.

Well said.

101. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 02:11 InBlack

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 18:42:
The last people I want behind the internet is the god damn FFC and government. Now we can expect taxes, regulations, censorship and everything else horrible associated with the government.

Call me cynical, but I don't see anything good from this.

I'll call you troll. Well played sir!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 10:09 InBlack

No it's not. We are the superior elite master gamer race after all.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
87. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 26, 2015, 10:05 InBlack

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 08:57:
InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 02:56:
Anways, it really comes down to one thing. What have you got to lose to wait until release day at least?

Hopefully a 65 gig preload.

Hopefully

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 09:54 InBlack

It was a gutsy move, and I applaud it, we are talking about a horror movie after all. "Feel good" hollywood subplots have no business being in a good horror film anyway. (Or in anything else for that matter)

Just to clarify, I don't think that the Newt subplot was weak in Aliens. It wasn't, it was an essential part of the film. However in Alien3, killing off both Newt and Hicks, also served the plot of the film greatly. First of all it was unexpected, and secondly it once again cast Ripley as an outsider even more isolated and vulnerable than before.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2015, 10:03.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 09:49 InBlack

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 09:44:
Funny, that's why I bought a PC.

Maybe he already has a PC, ever think of that?

Maybe Blue has a sense of humour, ever think of that?

8083 Comments. 405 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo