Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shagwood

Real Name Shagwood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 26, 2008, 15:58
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 46982

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million
8. Re: RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million Jun 8, 2011, 12:34 Shagwood

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 11:47:
I've played Ultima Online off and on since 1997.

I've played World of Warcraft off and on since 2004.

I played Age of Conan for 2 months.

I played Warhammer Online for 2 months.

I played DCUO for 2 months.

I played Rift for the free month.

I hope to be playing SWToR for a long time, because nothing else released in the last 7 years has even come close to expectations.

After being in a wave of the beta...don't set your expectations too high.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Followers Trailer
16. Re: Diablo III Followers Trailer May 13, 2011, 07:46 Shagwood

Personally these days I'll take mass amounts of quality content(loot, mobs, deep involved skill trees, overall immersion) over cutting edge graphics. These are the games that I enjoy the most. I'll leave the cutting edge graphics to the FPSers. Who knows if D3 will be good. I do know that I spent waaaay too much time in D1 and D2 back in the day with friends. And it wasn't the graphics that kept me coming back.

I do worry that if there is PvP in this as I thought I have read...that Blizz will fall into the same quagmire that is WoW...which is ...I still don't think you can balance classes for both PvE and PvP in the same game...I personally have yet to see it done. Hence the constant revamps, hotfixes etc etc in WoW.

News Comments > The Old Republic Date Uncertain
7. Re: The Old Republic Date Uncertain May 5, 2011, 12:46 Shagwood

Have been in closed beta since Late March...that session officially began in Early March. This session I am in runs until May 17th. So yes...your "friend" is either a moron or f'n with ya.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. When will videogames bounce back.? Apr 18, 2011, 18:52 Shagwood

Probably when the economy ACTUALLY turns around instead of speculation that it is...and when the released games stop being mediocre. Take your pick.  

News Comments > EA ♥s Fox News
19. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 07:34 Shagwood

Some would rather call individual or groups of individuals names rather than fix what is broken.

AnointedJackass ....this sums up your Fox News and the Wingnuts to a tee! BRAVO!

News Comments > Jack Emmert Now Cryptic CEO
5. Re: Jack Emmert Now Cryptic CEO Mar 9, 2011, 15:44 Shagwood

I've said this before I think...but this company IMHO is a sweatshop for just spitting out very generic MMOs. Just slap a new skin on it with a new name and here ya go. Personally I think it sucks if they are taking over the Neverwinter franchise.  

News Comments > Blizzard Playing Titan Already
3. Re: Blizzard Playing Titan Already Mar 9, 2011, 11:30 Shagwood

I'd lie to see lightning strike twice. Typically it doesn't. In their defense they have pretty much unlimited funds to throw at something though.  

News Comments > Civilization V DLC & Free Map Pack This Week
5. Re: Civilization V DLC & Free Map Pack This Week Feb 28, 2011, 20:06 Shagwood

I agree. It was a very big let down overall.  

News Comments > Civilization V DLC & Free Map Pack This Week
3. Re: Civilization V DLC & Free Map Pack This Week Feb 28, 2011, 14:33 Shagwood

A new Polynesia scenario pack for Civilization V is coming on Friday, March 3

Isn't Friday March 4th?

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
23. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 16:16 Shagwood

Fortunately it's not at all an action RPG. Mostly that impression was just an overreaction by people watching early console footage and making broad assumptions.

The combat is largely the same as the last game. A recent developer livecast gave a really good picture of this, In a difficult battle he was quickly switching between party members to use abilities, repositions them, and keep them from dying with health potions. It looked fairly difficult, and was so fast paced that he had to do a lot of pausing to issue commands. Then you learn it was early in the game and on normal difficulty.

http://greywardens.com/2011/02/dragon-age-2-live-dev-chat-recap-finished/

Ummm...dude ...it is a COMPLETE action RPG....have you played the demo? And the combat is COMPLETELY diff from the first...even more ARPG....its a freaking click fest during fights...with the ability to pause....

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
3. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 12:50 Shagwood

I found it to be very meh. But then again...I hated the first one. So. I just really think that Bioware, whose RPGs I used to LOVE, are now killing the RPG market and putting out Action games and calling them RPGs. Sucks.  

News Comments > More WoW Hotfixes
3. Balancing something that will never be balanced. Feb 15, 2011, 12:59 Shagwood

I don't see how they could ever completely balance anything when they try to appease PvP AND PvE'ers. Plus when they change the mechanics of every class pretty much this far into the life cycle? But...what do I know...they still rake in billions on this bad boy ...so....  

News Comments > Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits
21. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 11, 2011, 08:23 Shagwood

Don't know WTF happened on that last post...saved from old post ...although I typed a complete new one.../boggle...
Plus it won't let me delete it.

ANYWAYS...I was agreeing with Creston that they should put the stupid thing on sale...being at $50 still is borderline criminal.

News Comments > Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits
20. Re: On The Old Republic Cinematics Jan 11, 2011, 08:18 Shagwood

How about fun gameplay to heighten involvement?...guh...Sounds like Dragon Age: BOREigins all over again.  

News Comments > On The Old Republic Cinematics
1. Re: On The Old Republic Cinematics Dec 31, 2010, 14:56 Shagwood

How about fun gameplay to heighten involvement?...guh...Sounds like Dragon Age: BOREigins all over again.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
2. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Mar 8, 2010, 23:35 Shagwood

YAY!...patched from fake rpg...to still fake rpg...weeeee!  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Scheduling
1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Scheduling Feb 26, 2010, 13:17 Shagwood

The only reason I really care about this is...the sooner they get this POS out...the quicker we hear more about a release on D3...altho I'm not even sure how excited I am about that anymore.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Capacity Increased
8. Re: Star Trek Online Capacity Increased Feb 7, 2010, 17:41 Shagwood

They (Cryptic) are an MMO sweatshop. Just grind out POS after POS and carve out as much $$ from the population that falls for it. Take X MMO skeleton and slap a new skin on it...HOILA!!! NEW MMO!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage?
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage? Feb 1, 2010, 21:05 Shagwood

I wish sites would stop giving this garbage coverage. Just let it die already.

Nobody cares.

News Comments > Rumored Mass Effect 2 Day One DLC Details
6. Re: Rumored Mass Effect 2 Day One DLC Details Jan 15, 2010, 18:40 Shagwood

I have to agree with Prophet on this:

"I think day 1 DLC sends a bad image to the biggest fans of your product who are rushing out to pick it up that day"

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo