Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JohnnyRotten
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2008, 21:55
Total Comments 367 (Amateur)
User ID 46743

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
148. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 29, 2014, 20:59 JohnnyRotten

Julio wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 06:27:
Thanks for all the links ASeven, great reading. Looks like there are plenty of people on the internet who are becoming the real gaming journalists now...And for some reason I'm now associating a 'Game Jam' as when a SJW is screwing a member of the gaming press.

Agreed - you've help bring the most clarity to the subject on these threads.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
133. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 20:45 JohnnyRotten

ASeven wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:12:
Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:03:
Fair enough.
But, again, unlike you, I don't spend every waking hour compiling an obsessive, massive list of these things.

Seriously, you just pulled those up in about 5 minutes.
Does this not seem unhealthy to you? How angry you are?

At this point your agenda is pretty obvious and I don't think I owe you any explanation, it doesn't make any difference. You stick to your own circular logic and refuse to move out of it. Just FYI, this info is easily found using google in a minute.

Also, love your passive-aggressive ad-hominem there. Weren't you taught to avoid that in any discussion in law school?

He's not a lawyer. He's claimed to be about a dozen things to position himself as the subject matter expert de facto on everything until I called him out on it years ago on the old forum. Then he just stuck with his last lie.

That's all you need to know about his credibility on any subject.

News Comments > Op Ed
132. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 20:36 JohnnyRotten

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 17:54:
ASeven wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 17:50:
The hypocrisy of SJWs in a nice article.

Can you please stop putting up links without context and, for once, spell out your own argument.

Keep posting links.

News Comments > Op Ed
65. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 17:47 JohnnyRotten

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 20:33:
The problem that most people have with SJWs is that they demand immediate agreement and obedience to their opinions on all three of these topics. If you agree that there is sexism, but you disagree with the scope of it, you are a sexist. If you agree that there is a larger problem with sexism in the gaming community, but you don't agree with them on how to fix it, then you are a sexist. The SJW has no allies, only sock-puppets or enemies. That's it.

Yahtzee

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2014, 20:19 JohnnyRotten

I just use mine for Madden (a character weakness to be sure), and media center stuff. Are there any decent games for it? Everything looked like cookie-cutter shooter type stuff.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2014, 13:50 JohnnyRotten

Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:23:
I look at numbers mostly on games I had no plans to buy. If I see something very high that wasn't on my radar, may as well check out why. If I see something very low, it can be entertaining to read just how incompetent the devs were.

We're on the same page here. If I see a 1/10, the review is generally worth reading just for the schadenfreude alone.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 18:49 JohnnyRotten

GO ON SALE ENEMY WITHIN.

That is all.

News Comments > On Sale
64. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 12:48 JohnnyRotten

Also if anyone sees the xcom enemy within expansion on sale somewhere, please post about it!  

News Comments > On Sale
63. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 12:47 JohnnyRotten

Been sitting on torchlight to gift for awhile if anyone wants it. I'm on prez's pif2014 group as "Warsarge".

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2013, 13:01 JohnnyRotten

'Kinect Cannot Transmit Facial Images'*

* Today. We of course reserve the right to change the T&C at any time. By accepting the initial T&C, you've already agreed to let us make these changes.**

** Because fuck you.

News Comments > On Sale
39. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 19:46 JohnnyRotten

Anyone get Starforge; if so - what did you think?  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2013, 19:16 JohnnyRotten

Hello Everyone. I hope we are having a good day. Please give me your social network profile and mobile number so that we may continue the conversation.

Please don't leave. The cake is not a lie.

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Begins
10. Re: Arma 3 Beta Begins Jun 25, 2013, 14:25 JohnnyRotten

Wildone wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 13:45:
Uhm no its not. I got the Alpha, there's no update on Steam yet.

Working for me - the patch downloaded days ago, and just unlocked.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
20. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2013, 00:06 JohnnyRotten

ASeven wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 12:37:
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. The law is not always right, in fact it's often wrong. Considering NSA may have spied on foreign countries, from where I'm standing they did something illegal, and even if it's legal within the US it sure as fuck ain't right.

I refer you to this article.

Of course it's legal. The government is the sole mechanism that defines "legal". And if by some minor coincidence, some "I" isn't dotted or some "T" isn't crossed, the government will retroactively make it "legal". Every government in history, despotic or otherwise, has without exception, only done "legal" things inside of their own framework.

Therefore, it's a meaningless word in this context. And to waste even a second debating whether the team that makes up the rules as they go is following them accomplishes nothing, and is a suckers game for children.

"But, the Constitution." you say (in the specific case here of the runaway US government). Fuck you I say. You don't have a single right, you have privileges which any branch or minor bureaucrat of the federal government can revoke (or simply refuse to recognize at all) at will.

"But it limits the government only to powers expressly laid out in the document," you say. Fuck you again I say. That piece of paper doesn't mean a goddamned thing without the will and discipline to enforce it.

That document is dead, dead, dead. And there isn't any amount of bitching now that is going to change any of it. The power has long since left the hands of the people. You don't get a say in what happens next. But feel free to quibble over the details about how fucked we are.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
100. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 23, 2013, 12:17 JohnnyRotten

Oh, and to post something related to the topic:

IMHO, this issue exists in the society, not just in the microcosm of the gaming industry. The situation is the same in both. There is no special pleading to make here about defining this as a unique "problem" with special "solutions" specifically for this industry.

Therefore (again IMHO), if/when society as a whole sees a value in change and makes that change, the gaming industry will come along as well. The article is just troll/hit bait along the old the "will someone please think of the children" lines.

TL;DNR: Saying that this one small corner of society is doing a "bad" thing while ignoring or minimizing that the same happens in society as whole is just trolling for hits, fan boys, concern trolls, etc.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2013, 12:26.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
99. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 23, 2013, 12:07 JohnnyRotten

Verno wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 15:07:
Prez wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:30:
Interestingly, he's the only person on my ignore list. While we have a lot of stupidity and shills around here, most of them are more than willing to have a civilized if pointless and one-sided debate.

He's the only one on mine too. He is so deluded by his self-perceived superiority to such an extent that any deviation from his stated position puts you squarely in the category of the very villainy that he is raiiling against. Having an opposing opinion to his "perfect" one is akin to a crime.

I've had Beamer on ignore for just about a year and can honestly say it made the forums much more pleasurable to read. The key is to not take the bait when he trolls you which you still see if someone quotes it. Thankfully I see fewer and fewer people quoting him which is nice, appears that others are finding the same thing. Right now my list is basically him, Thundr and that weirdo EA PR flunkie.

I used to enjoy a certain sense of schadenfreude watching him dance after pointing out the obvious holes in his wall-o-text trolls. It also used to be fun calling out his endless fallacious appeals to authority Vis--vis his "I'm claiming that I've been in a thousand careers and thus will speak with as the sole and absolute expert on everything", but it isn't as fun as it used to be.

His buttons are too easy to press and the responses are just the same regurgitations now (which basically boils down to endless posts on his absolute certainty on how 100% right he his).

Troll baiting with him isn't as fun as it used to be. Maybe I should stop...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
33. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 12:50 JohnnyRotten

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 11:53:
Balmer should have left when Gates left. The company has been in a tailspin since.

They should fire the entire marketing dept after that xbox one fiasco.

There is a phenomenal second article about MS issues that is well worth the read (it was linked to in the original):

Microsoft's Lost Decade

27. Re: Beleszinski is a whiner Jun 21, 2013, 10:47 JohnnyRotten

Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 10:42:
The purchase cycle does NOT work that way for games. People tend to either be used buyers or new buyers.

How did you come to that conclusion?

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 23:08 JohnnyRotten

On the Beleszinski front, I thought Jim Sterling put it best:

Used games and 'AAA' games are incompatible? Good!

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 23:02 JohnnyRotten

What's the DRM on Gamestop DL's ?  

367 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo