Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1951 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced
1. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 27, 2015, 13:26 LiTh

Cool, seems fun to be able to try and escape some of your finished prisons.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 25, 2015, 12:14 LiTh

Xylemon wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 11:45:
I imagine in the distant future, if Mankind is still around, the same phenomenon going on with IPv6.

I'd like to think in the distant future, we wont be using anything remotely similar to IPv6 before we get to saturation levels..

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Next Month
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Next Month Sep 25, 2015, 08:05 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:39:
Alienware Vemintide Beta Keys

Hurry while they last!

"Create or log in to your Alienware Arena account."

The price is too high!

News Comments > Maxis Boss Leaves
2. Re: Maxis Boss Leaves Sep 25, 2015, 08:04 LiTh

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 01:19:
Maxis is still around?

Not since EA bought and killed them, this is just them moving the body now...

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
27. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 21:49 LiTh

Linux will start taking over right when 95% of the population are all techies & programmers. Otherwise they'll be sticking with Windows and OSX and other simpler OS's. As for the games being made, they'll be targeted at the OS's with the biggest numbers, just like always.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th Sep 24, 2015, 21:46 LiTh

Task wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 21:15:
If you want something SW, that is also strategic. Go with the Star Wars X-Wing or Armada boardgames. Best part about is they produce original EU stuff for it too.

The SW X-Wing board game is a lot of fun. Havent played Armada but i'm sure its just as great as its similar, just capital ships.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2015, 17:41 LiTh

Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 08:59:
Edit: and its up $20 overnight, that was easy.

Those are typical swings. Just wait until the actual fines from multiple countries are known and the full extent of this mess. Then and only then can the market price it accordingly, that said however you could of hit the right time to buy. Its just that we wont know that until all the news is out and factored into the valuation.

Here's a marketwatch article stating just that premise

I dont know why, but i really dig investing and research. Anyways best of luck Verno, i'm glad to read that your very diversified and not 'betting the farm' on just this play

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
16. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 23, 2015, 17:33 LiTh

BobBob wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 14:22:
I wonder if they'll make an Apple TV version. Lately, I've been quite impressed with the recent iOS games. They've evolved to become more complex and visually appealing. The fact I can just take them anywhere I want is a major plus - especially to the beach. Thumbsup

Why would you goto the beach to play a phone app?

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2015, 07:20 LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 06:05:
LiTh wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 16:21:
Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 14:42:
Bought a bunch of VW stock, don't get opportunities like this very often. Cheating or not, they're still more efficient and it will rebound.

You have the right idea, however in my mind that was premature. I'm not sure all the news is priced in. Just today it was learned that it wasnt just 500,000 American VW/Audi's but 8 million worldwide. There is going to be much bigger implications and bigger fines from multiple countries (France, Germany, EU, South Korea are all pretty pissed as well). So it will drop even more before the bottom hits. Remember the old adage, dont try to catch a falling knife.

Last news are 11 million actually just from VW and probably all cars using motor with ID "EA 189" (all Audi 2.0 TDI Euro 5 cars use it)

Hopefully the end of diesel engines in general... some even call it (cynically) the "Fukushima of Diesel Engines" ^^

Also interesting imo is that cars with such motors (And generally diesel cars) could actually lose the Euro 5 classification and thus be forbidden from entering inner cities (like trucks).

All this as EU is just finalizing Euro 6 classification which is much tougher on (you guessed it) diesel engines.

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2015, 17:59 LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 17:02:
LiTh wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 16:23:

From what i've read, its not just the cost of the part, but the loss of efficiency and performance once its used.

In terms of negative PR, I'd rather take a hit on fuel efficiency (very minor) and performance (average) than be caught destroying the environment and killing people in large cities with toxic exhaust 40 times above normal just to save a few cents per car...

Especially considering VW's motto was "Clean Diesel", and this is the really weird thing. Did VW not realize what a huge scandal that would be after it defended it's cheap diesel engines for decades and successfully blocked proper emission laws in the EU? (at least THAT makes sense now)

Ps.: And yes, I know a few cents is wrong, it is actually 77 to 100 per car And for other cars affected, the problem can't be easily fixed, because VW diesel engines are producing such horrible exhaust that you can't fix it without blowing 2l (and more!) per 100km extra just to clean the filters. It baffles me how we still even allow Diesel engines, especially when normal hybrid engines run 100km with 4l and less.

Were on the same page, you'll get no disagreement out of me. However something to keep in mind is if they did put in the part, and posted lower efficiency and performance numbers then i'm sure then that it would affect their sales numbers.

They make about 6billion a year net in profit globally, and the 17billion dollar fine talk is just the USA, which is for 500,000 cars it seems. Just wait until other countries get involved for their apparently 8million+ other cars. There's going to be some big fallout over this.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2015, 17:51 LiTh

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 16:46:
LiTh wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 11:53:
VW sure did fuck themselves, stocks lost 40% in 2 days (20% each day), its even dragging down BMW and Daimler-Chrystler (Mercedes) about 8% over the last two days and they arent even implicated.

There's going to be a good buying opportunity sometime here for the long run.

Are you talking buying stock, or buying a VW? Because the VWs in question have a HOLD SALE order on them, and even if/when that's removed, their trade-in value will be shot to shit. So if you buy one, make sure to plan to drive it until the wheels fall off, as it won't be worth a dime.

Just talking about Stock. Its one of my interests. I like long term investments in companies that i think will be around in 20-40 years and pay dividends during that time. I'm not much of a trader/speculator, however when i see such a huge dip, it seems to present a decent entry point. I just dont think all the news is baked into the stock price just yet though. There's still a lot of information to come out it seems.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2015, 16:23 LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 15:50:
This news is even more hilarious (re: VW) when you are German, and thus were able to read these insider rumors that the reason they had to cheat was that the part that reduced emissions overall was like 10ct (no joke!) more expensive than the device to defeat JUST the emission test.

Or basically, neocon capitalism at its finest!

(And the German gov knew of this, for many many years.. the ADAC here in Germany is saying this for 10+ YEARS) And it doesn't just involve VW

From what i've read, its not just the cost of the part, but the loss of efficiency and performance once its used.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2015, 16:21 LiTh

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 14:42:
Bought a bunch of VW stock, don't get opportunities like this very often. Cheating or not, they're still more efficient and it will rebound.

You have the right idea, however in my mind that was premature. I'm not sure all the news is priced in. Just today it was learned that it wasnt just 500,000 American VW/Audi's but 8 million worldwide. There is going to be much bigger implications and bigger fines from multiple countries (France, Germany, EU, South Korea are all pretty pissed as well). So it will drop even more before the bottom hits. Remember the old adage, dont try to catch a falling knife.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2015, 11:53 LiTh

VW sure did fuck themselves, stocks lost 40% in 2 days (20% each day), its even dragging down BMW and Daimler-Chrystler (Mercedes) about 8% over the last two days and they arent even implicated.

There's going to be a good buying opportunity sometime here for the long run.

News Comments > Prison Architect Breaks Out Next Month
10. Re: Prison Architect Breaks Out Next Month Sep 22, 2015, 00:09 LiTh

I must say, as much as i love this game and have already gotten 100x my money from it... The whole Alpha to release bothers me. I really wish they went Alpha to Beta to Release. I dont know why...maybe tradition.

Or maybe just to show all the other Dev's that their Alpha's are closer to Demo's, their Beta's closer to Alpha's, their Releases closer to Beta's, and their (if they are committed and skilled enough) fully patched GOTY edition closer to an actual release. But i guess i'm just old fashioned.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2015, 23:41 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 23:07:
I suppose this is what the rest of the World feels when the US enforces its copyright law everywhere outside of the US.

So awesome.

I suppose the (big) difference would be that the rest of the world is forced to capitulate because there is no other option except economic ruin... Vs. France... not so much. Only the EU would be holding them up, and at the current rate of things the EU cant decide on what socks to wear to their funeral.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
11. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 21, 2015, 22:02 LiTh

I'm sure their will be a DeadDog mod, if thats your thing...  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 21, 2015, 20:02 LiTh

Kxmode wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 19:06:
Task wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 14:19:
When I think of "getting back to basics" for RTS I think Warcraft, TA, Red Alert, C&C Generals, or Age of Empires. Not zombies. Or Minecraft.

Look how young the dev's are. Not one of these guys were born in the 80's. Getting back to the basics for them IS zombies and Minecraft.

Damn that makes me feel old... i sent them a strongly worded email to get off my lawn. Hopefully that'll put a stop to these pesky kids.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2015, 19:59 LiTh

Sounds like it would be more feasible to remove France from the internet...  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 15:51 LiTh

Slick wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 15:47:
ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 14:34:
re Slick: I think the 'cloud' part has mostly to do with scalability (on demand) of those virtual servers.

well yeah, i guess, I just get really angry whenever someone tells me to just "put it in the cloud" or that the xboxone has the "power of the cloud". It's a network of dedicated servers, but at the end of the day they're the same thing, a remotely accessed server.

I'm sure that the way EA is using "dedicated server" could be individual racks or a vast network. At the end of the day, this whole process is subcontracted out to server providers, and how they run their networks is up to them.

Perhaps i should of been more clear. I was showing that in EA's statement, that they do indeed have dedicated servers, and in this regard that it means absolutely nothing. As opposed to the evil buzzword 'cloud' which I was never in disagreement about their origins (other than ownership or total control) which i'm sure scare off less tech savy gamers. All undercutting the real issue of the games being instanced or not. Really just more blatant bullshit by EA.

1951 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo