Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1951 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
34. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 16:16 LiTh

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:08:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:28:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:40:
For a power user that typically overclocks their CPU & GPU and takes pride in getting the most performance out of their system this is a slap in the face. GF Experience has only ever under estimated my machine and settings it can handle or just screwed up SLI profiles. Once i uninstalled it i've yet to have a problem since. Typically i only install the driver and Physx, everything else is bloat and only another point of failure.

You call yourself a power user and don't even know that GFE can be set up any way you like with regard to optimal settings (which -yes- are retarded and often times more used to advertise nVidia exclusive features than the best settings for visual quality)?
It is a simple check box where you select whether you want GFE to automatically apply optimal settings or to even recommend them at all. There are a whopping three check boxes total to customize GFE optimal settings any way you like. I hope you can handle that as a self-proclaimed "power user"(?)...

Personally I'm allowing GFE to recommend because I sometimes like to compare their recommended to my actual preferred settings. I'm naturally not allowing automatic application of the recommended settings. That's obviously a setting only for uber n00bs who can not be bothered to go into in-game menus at all.

So i'm suppose to install the program so i can uncheck some boxes which happens to have the same effect as not installing it anyways... Thinking Ya sounds great!

You're supposed to optionally install it for the latest drivers in the future. It says so in the news.
You could have optionally installed it currently or in the past, like many people have, for easier and more convenient access (one-click-install basically) to the latest drivers. GFE takes up a whooping 3MB of RAM.

Whether you use any of the other features or not is up to you but to criticize features of the program that you are apparently not competent enough to handle is kinda sloppy, man.

Its not going to be optional however. Its going to be mandatory to be able to get the latest drivers. I prefer not using it at all, having the latest drivers, and then using NVInspector if i want something changed for my SLI profile.

Here's a link explaining things, since you seem a little slow

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 15:59 LiTh

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:28:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:40:
For a power user that typically overclocks their CPU & GPU and takes pride in getting the most performance out of their system this is a slap in the face. GF Experience has only ever under estimated my machine and settings it can handle or just screwed up SLI profiles. Once i uninstalled it i've yet to have a problem since. Typically i only install the driver and Physx, everything else is bloat and only another point of failure.

You call yourself a power user and don't even know that GFE can be set up any way you like with regard to optimal settings (which -yes- are retarded and often times more used to advertise nVidia exclusive features than the best settings for visual quality)?
It is a simple check box where you select whether you want GFE to automatically apply optimal settings or to even recommend them at all. There are a whopping three check boxes total to customize GFE optimal settings any way you like. I hope you can handle that as a self-proclaimed "power user"(?)...

Personally I'm allowing GFE to recommend because I sometimes like to compare their recommended to my actual preferred settings. I'm naturally not allowing automatic application of the recommended settings. That's obviously a setting only for uber n00bs who can not be bothered to go into in-game menus at all.

So i'm suppose to install the program so i can uncheck some boxes which happens to have the same effect as not installing it anyways... Thinking Ya sounds great!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 13:02 LiTh

Wish him the best, i've enjoyed his channel and hope he gets through this.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
10. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 13:01 LiTh

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:43:

Doesnt seem like any of you guys have actually played the game who are complaining about past DLC.

My 70 hours not enough?

70 hours and still couldnt figure out how it works, i guess not.

22. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 12:40 LiTh

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 12:32 LiTh

Doesnt seem like any of you guys have actually played the game who are complaining about past DLC. The fact is that you could join any of the newly created DLC games and play them for free, the only thing you lacked was being able to host your own games. Thats pretty progressive stance that i've never seen from another company in allowing someone to partisipate and play a DLC without ever buying it. The only DLC that it doesnt hold true is the weapons only ones, which are nice but not needed.

As for this announcement, they've done so much for the community (the one that actually plays the game) that i dont have a problem with this in the least bit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 12:16 LiTh

@nin Make sure your formatting it as a GPT partition for NTFS and not MBR. That with whatever 3tb software thats appropriate for the drive should do the trick, if that dont work then check up on your latest motherboard drivers for 3tb support.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2015, 22:50 LiTh

Considering NASA is directly responsible for inventing: CAT scans, microchips, cordless tools, freeze dried foods, joysticks, LED's, memory foam, smoke detectors, solar panels, modern water filters, the satellite telecommunication industry, and about a hundred other things, I would say that funding NASA is helping improve things here.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
29. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 11, 2015, 14:23 LiTh

I'm really glad i never picked this up. I'm putting off a lot of games like this, and Fallout4 etc until next year when Nvidia pascal's architecture gets released and i can play them in their fully patched glory, and probably at a good discount.  

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Sector Zero Announced
4. Re: StarDrive 2 Sector Zero Announced Oct 11, 2015, 14:21 LiTh

dscarron wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 09:04:
Which is a dance that a lot of publishers perform oftenly; Civ, Xcom and many others I've seen do that. It's not right but it's common. Of course the easy fix is to not buy it.

Xcom and Civ dont follow this comparison one bit.

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Sector Zero Announced
2. Re: StarDrive 2 Sector Zero Announced Oct 11, 2015, 08:58 LiTh

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 00:03:
This is bullshit. For months, Zero has been promising a "big update to the game that will fix a lot of issues and add more features". So, instead of the promised patch, we get a fucking DLC announcement? Fuck this guy, I'm done.

Which is exactly what he did with StarDrive 1, then he announces StarDrive2, now he's doing it with the DLC. I was scammed into buying SD1 but thats it. Fool me once..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 11:04 LiTh

Happy Bday Bluesnews!  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
6. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 10:57 LiTh

They actually update it so much that i turned off the automatic updates. I only update it when i want to play it every once in a while to see whats new.  

News Comments > Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter Next Week
2. Re: Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter Next Week Oct 8, 2015, 13:00 LiTh

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 12:48:
Dungeons 2 could have been a good game but man they released it in a totally unfinished state. You can tell the game wasn't finished at release.

Sounds like every Kalypso game i've ever played

News Comments > NBA 2K16 Released
4. Re: NBA 2K16 Released Sep 30, 2015, 07:42 LiTh

Julio wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 18:40:
Waiting to see if there's anything significantly improved over '15 for PS4. I'm not a fan of the amount of microtransaction crap they've built into this game, it used to be an automatic annual purchase.

The passing seems fixed and the post play is completely redone. The post play is actually quite good now. As for the MyCareer (myplayer) mode, the spike lee crap is horrible, zero choices. Doesnt matter what you pick your player to look like, you have an African American twin sister and family. Its pretty rediculous. Luckily it only lasts one season (high school, college, and 8 nba games). Then it gets back to its roots and has expanded options.

Overall its pretty good.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 28, 2015, 16:46 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 15:08:
LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 14:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:33:
Britain is almost a defacto Orwellian state at this point and the rest of the world doesn't seem too far behind. Except the Nordic countries like Denmark. They're the only ones who seem to have it together all around. Might be a good place to move.

Oil money, %50+ tax's and 8euro beers, whats not to like!

Yes, and no poverty, great medical, dental, education, green spaces, etc. for all their citizens. Yeah, I'll take that over the huge discrepancies between rich and poor in the rest of the world. It's a small price to pay for a great standard of living.

No poverty? That would be 13% poverty which is compared to the USA's 15%. Not saying its not a good system, but its not as you paint it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 28, 2015, 14:13 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:33:
Britain is almost a defacto Orwellian state at this point and the rest of the world doesn't seem too far behind. Except the Nordic countries like Denmark. They're the only ones who seem to have it together all around. Might be a good place to move.

Oil money, %50+ tax's and 8euro beers, whats not to like!

News Comments > New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced
10. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 28, 2015, 09:42 LiTh

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 09:24:
LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 09:18:
Illumin wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 07:31:
One of my Fav EA games, done right.

Thats pretty funny considering that it has nothing to do with EA.

Early Access. It trips me up as well...

Ahhh, lol thanks for that...i was seriously thinking WTF does Electronic Arts have to do with this? My bad... pretty funny though.

8. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 28, 2015, 09:18 LiTh

Illumin wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 07:31:
One of my Fav EA games, done right.

Thats pretty funny considering that it has nothing to do with EA.

4. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 27, 2015, 19:27 LiTh

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 14:37:
Sounds awesome, still want a tutorial.

Story mode = the tutorial

1951 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo