Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 25, 2013, 18:26 dj LiTh

I dont place all the blame on ballmer either, but man was he was of the more commical ceo's in a long time. Gonna miss him for the lulz  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans Aug 24, 2013, 09:35 dj LiTh

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 04:31:
I cant get excited about these games. Real Time Strategy sucks, needs to be turn based

Your missing out on probably one of the greatest strategy series of all time.

As for myself, this is one game i can safely say i'll be picking up every dlc that comes out for it as i'm sure i'll be playing this one for years and years.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 13:12 dj LiTh

Wow....so i'm going against the blue grain here it seems. Keaton wasnt even passable as batman, jack saved the show. All the others excluding bale were even worse. Although i almost think it comes down to directors and how it was portrayed but even then keaton just doesnt convince me of...well....anything! His comedy is great, other then that he's a dud IMHO. Bale acted his ass off, i really respect him as an actor. Anyone that can go from bulked up 180 pounds in equilibrium to 110pounds in The Machinest to a ripped 180pounds in batman in the span of a few years gains my respect not just for acting but as a human being. Keaton was as flabby as i am right now in his role as batman.

As for Aflec, i'm done with batman, its finished in my mind. I dont want to see Batman vs Superman vs wtf'ever. The cows dead, stop milking it. So as for him being chosen for the role i dont think it matters as this is a giant flop in the making. I agree with others that he's a good director, and when he acts its great, and when he doesnt its horrendous. I'm guessing it'll be the latter in this case. This is a clear case of hollywood trying to draw blood from the stone

News Comments > ROAM "Legal Matter" Wrapping Up
4. Re: ROAM Aug 22, 2013, 12:35 dj LiTh

Necrophob wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 11:52:
nin wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 10:42:
As expected, it wasn't the end of the world some people made it out to be...shock!

I wonder what dev got booted? Art, sound, level, programmer guy?

I know they started with a 2 man team, an art and programmer guy. I think those are pretty much the founders, so probably someone else they brought on to help out. Especially since they already replaced his/her work.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2013, 11:30 dj LiTh

Maybe this is an out there theory, but i'm guessing fantasy football has something to do with it.  

News Comments > ROAM "Legal Matter" Wrapping Up
1. Re: ROAM Aug 22, 2013, 10:21 dj LiTh

Glad its resolved, will be interesting once they can talk more about it. This is my 3rd and last kickstarter i've funded, others are Limit Theory and Project Eternity, so far all three looking good and looking like they'll be released (sometime).  

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
18. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 22, 2013, 00:34 dj LiTh

Fantaz wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 15:40:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:34:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 09:15:
Pretty standard FPS with mechs? Liked the ejection move the player did towards the end. Looks dated graphically. Unlike the rest of Bluesnews I won't be buying a Xbone or PS4 but I cannot wait for their arrival so PC exclusive players like myself can finally get some ports that actually live up to PC hardware.

I'm not getting a ps4/xb1 either, but this is coming to windows as well. Also as for dated graphics, its prolly cause its made with the source engine, although for me gameplay trumps graphics any day of the week.

Titanfall is made with the Source engine?! are you serious? you mean like an updated version of it at least?

Well i'm sure they updated whatever they could, but ya its source engine. Looks excellent for source engine, i'm in.

14. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 14:34 dj LiTh

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 09:15:
Pretty standard FPS with mechs? Liked the ejection move the player did towards the end. Looks dated graphically. Unlike the rest of Bluesnews I won't be buying a Xbone or PS4 but I cannot wait for their arrival so PC exclusive players like myself can finally get some ports that actually live up to PC hardware.

I'm not getting a ps4/xb1 either, but this is coming to windows as well. Also as for dated graphics, its prolly cause its made with the source engine, although for me gameplay trumps graphics any day of the week.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
28. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 11:11 dj LiTh

InBlack wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 10:58:
Xero wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 10:29:
Blizzard's catering to a younger crowd these days. I think they let WoW go to their head and unfortunately the beloved more mature Diablo is long gone. What we have now is a WoW in a darker universe that doesn't try to be unforgiving. I agree, the cinematics are always nice and clean, but the writing and dialogue, especially the in-game cinematics are atrociously bad.

This. Blizzard seems to have forgotten that Diablo was a Horror experience first and foremost. I would have forgiven all of D3's faults had they kept the atmosphere of the original games. D3's story isnt bad per se, its just told with so much handholding and without even a hint of mystery that it loses most of its charm a few minutes into the storyline.

Dont even get me started on the skill trees and character progression. Again. Dont. Feels like a goddamn WoW expansion blurb, YEAH FOR 10 MORE LEVELS!!!!! Fuck you Blizzard.

I think its even worse then that, as atleast in wow you could spec your charactor differently

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 dj LiTh

I dont think its light, but the price is expensive. day1 purchase for me  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 09:55 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 08:57:
Well, the second third of the summer is concluded, and was far milder in these parts than the first third of the season.

We've been extremely lucky here...normally about 105-110 by this time of the year, and we've not gotten much above 90. Makes August a hell of a lot more tolerable...

Here in Germany i dont know if it was the extremely long winter or what, but this has been a very mild summer indeed. I think thats true for most of europe.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 21, 2013, 09:50 dj LiTh

Hello Commander!

In november! Awesomeness

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 09:40 dj LiTh

Personally i hate both F2p and subscription models, I wish they came out with a subsciption BASED on how much you play. So i buy a 10 days of game time, i can play literally for 10 days whenever i want, skip a few months go back finish off the 10 days i bought whatever. Really suprised noone has came up with something like that yet.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
12. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 09:32 dj LiTh

1 new class and 10 more levels...seems like a pretty piss poor expansion. I'll wait for reviews, definitely not preordering, but i'll probably get it eventually just out of morbid curiosity eventually. Honestly though, i'm 100x more pumped for act3x and act4 for poe.  

1. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 21:25 dj LiTh

That looks pretty damn good, looking forward to this one  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 20, 2013, 21:16 dj LiTh

google glass for police officers would be a very welcome thing in my mind. It would cut down on a lot of crap on both sides of the fence.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
57. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 20, 2013, 15:13 dj LiTh

gray wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 07:38:
You can VR-pilot your other ships just not huge mega-carriers according to their forums because that makes no sense, which I agree with.

I'm happy they are taking this direction it should interesting to watch, it allows us to wander around our ship and have a level of immersion that wouldn't have been possible otherwise (team is too small to model all ship interiors).

From what i've read that the egosoft people have wrote, that VR element is how you control drones. Nowhere could i find them saying that applied to ships other then drones.

News Comments > Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0
6. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 23:26 dj LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 21:53:
Yeah, I'd definitely be playing this if I were single. And no kids.

I thought about buying an Uhura outfit for the wife and making her my comm. officer....but then again i dont want a divorce..

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
50. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 23:20 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:55:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 20:12:
Thats the name of it! Couldnt think of it for the life of me, been too long. Wow though, not sure how i feel about that...mixed feelings for sure.

SETA existed because the previous X games had sectors that were massively empty boxes with a few factories in them. If you tried to fly normal speed between 2 fabs, it'd take for freaking ever, especially if you were in a TS or something, with a max speed of 70.

The new one has pretty full sectors and then hyper-highways connecting them (basically a la Freelancer), so there's really no need for them anymore. Also, while time sped up to X10, the AI had to do everything at ten times the speed, which made pathfinding a royal nightmare.

They've put in a far more sophisticated pathfinding system this time around, but yeah, at speed X10 that would likely cause every AI ship to crash into one of those space cities.

I don't think SETA is necessary anymore, based on what I've seen and read about Rebirth. There's just not that much dead travelling time anymore.

I could get behind that, but the 1 ship / drone mechanic is troubling. From what i've gathered you CAN pilot other ships (drones) but thats all i could figure out from interviews and FAQ's. I like the idea of walking around ships and capital ships, sounds good, but not being able to pilot (or VR-pilot) a ship other then a drone sounds like a major step back to me. I hope i'm wrong and i'm just missing something

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer
6. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 23:05 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:53:
Ad just over 4 hours long? Double wow. This was looking like bargain bin material from the get go, and now we know!

The review says 8 hours long, but ya thats still pretty much nothing, especially for a full priced game.

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo