Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
2. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Sep 15, 2013, 11:21 dj LiTh

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:06:
In case anyone asks, yes this appears to be the patch that makes the game fun.

I've personally noticed quite a big difference in speed, however it still needs work (and a nvidia driver ffs!). I'm just glad they are supporting it as they have since release as it definitely needs some love. All that said i'm still enjoying it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 14, 2013, 13:02 dj LiTh

Or....they could just not accept credit cards at all for this type of transaction and only take paypal funds or funds directly from checking accounts/bank cards. Which would severely limit the ability to charge back.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 10:00 dj LiTh

Frijoles wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 09:49:
Axis wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 09:45:
Wish I could get into these types of games. They look epic but just not my thing.

Same here. I love the base-building RTS games, but can't seem to get in to the unit-management only games. And yet for some reason, I continue to buy them on Steam sales.

Normally i hate the unit management only battle style games, but the turn based campaign map is very complex and really sets up an entire new depth of strategy few games ever approach. Might want to check a previous total war game on the cheap, see how you like it, although i must say its really hard to go wrong with this. Also what i really like is you can auto resolve battles but tell the cpu to be agressive/balanced/defensive, nothing major but its nice to be able to influence just a bit more when you dont want to enter into a huge (or very 1 sided) battle.

Ya pretty much playin this nonstop for the entire day, now i gotta pack and go on vacation, ohhh the torture! Anyways, i do recommend it for any armchair general out there as it so far captures the magic that rome1 had.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 09:25 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 08:55:
Will do but I am sure others will as well. Don't know how much time I'll have to play it this week, but so far it looks pretty cool.

Posted a mini review of my few hours in, in the ships ahoy thread

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 09:20 dj LiTh

Lovin rome2, worth the preorder 10x over, although i dont like the non support for SLI from nvidia/CA, i'm sure its coming soon but still. I even tried using shogun2 settings as they're the same engine but performance took a nose dive and textures started go missing. Although even with one overclocked 460gtx 1gb i average 30fps with extreme everything in their benchmark, so performance is actually pretty good. Its amazing how much they changed the interface from shogun2, i find myself trying to relearn a lot of things and i've been /w the series since the original rome. All in all, i give it 9/10 just for the sheer replayability and i know i'm going to be putting more hours into this then skryim or anything close to it.

Looking forward to more patches, more playable civs, and mods mods mods!

Edit: My system is a 2500k cpu oc'd to 4.4ghz and gtx 460 1gb oc'd to 800mhz (1800mhz vram) which is pretty modest overclock and i'm using nvidia's latest whql drivers 320.49 for my extreme settings @ 30fps average. I tried the latest beta drivers 326.80 and my performance tanked, so i went back. Hope this helps people fightin for extreme settings and decent performance. 1080p resolution

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2013, 10:21.

6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 03:09 dj LiTh

Seriously....15m to unpack this SOB on two raid 0 raptors.....spinning platters of torture!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2013, 03:08 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 23:07:
Quboid wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 17:15:
So, how about Gareth Bale, eh? 86M. That's over $133,000,000 USD.

If this was in NFL, you guys would be all over it. Do you even know what a transfer fee is?

We only watch interesting sports here.

Zing!

5. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 03:03 dj LiTh

FOR SPARTAAAAAA!  

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 2, 2013, 17:54 dj LiTh

Super excited! Even if it was just a reskinned shogun2 i'd be extremely happy, and knowing some of the additions beyond shogun2 just has me on another level of excitement!

Gonna get to play the game about 8hours then head to vacation for 8days....prolly gonna be the longest feeling vacation ever which is chocked full of irony

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 19:11 dj LiTh

Sugarman wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 18:27:
In large doses the most you'll actually see are side effects and interactions with tyramine "in lots of aged cheeses" which will give you a killer headache. Low dosages started early will make it so you'll never need a higher dose and your dog/human will retain their mental capacity right up until other parts of the body decide it's time to go!

Don't just read one article, actually do the research on it. It's one of the safest MAO-B inhibitors out there. Also read up on how monoamine oxidase inhibitors work.

My neurologist wife laughed her ass off about that, good stuff.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 18:29 dj LiTh

For dog and cats age your arent suppose to multiply the first year, so Hundson is 85 (7*12+1), Happy bday Hudson  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 31, 2013, 16:28 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 14:57:
Or you could just not support Apple.

Pretty much this, I bought an iphone 3g way back when, was my first smart phone, and last apple product. Not that it was bad, but after a few ios updates it was a joke, atleast android phones dont turn to molasses if you want to upgrade to an allowable upgrade. I've built several hackintosh's for friends, although i never felt the need to flex osx, but its a easy money maker thats for sure.

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
11. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 16:20 dj LiTh

Wow, what a joke this is seriously turning out to be and honestly really saddens me. Also whats this new shit about subscriptions? Wasnt this suppose to be hosted servers type of game, hense the single player ability? Man so glad i didnt pledge anything and will take a wait and see approach cause this is honestly looking more and more like a joke. Enjoy the expensive hanger i guess  

News Comments > Total War Rome II Preloads
4. Re: Total War Rome II Preloads Aug 28, 2013, 23:05 dj LiTh

Preloaded, oh man i'm not sure i want to go on vacation....ohhh the irony!  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
40. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 15:51 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:17:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:09:
I have a few friends that basically say they still havent fixed some of the major problems from the first release. So definitely mixed messages around this one.

Like what out of curiosity? My memory of the first beta is pretty hazy but they have changed so much its barely recognizable as the same game. There are a few ability related oddities I noticed but that's about it so far.

The opening cutscene is like 3-5 mins and everything after that is skippable AFAIK. Their login server woes are pretty dumb though.

I havent played it but error 3102 one of em said, i think its some kind of connection issue?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 28, 2013, 10:11 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:57:
Even with all the bullshit we contend with I'm still so glad I don't live in a theocracy. Those guys really need to start drinking and getting laid with some regularity.

Its funny, i took a few classes (just for myself) in an eastern european school when i was there and there were quite a lot of Iranian students, all seemed like pretty chill relaxed guys. All smoking, drinking, and whoring about no problem. I think i caught a few of them eating pork as well.

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
13. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 10:09 dj LiTh

sauron wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:57:
Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:50:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:15:
Marketing ploy or good game?

Marketing ploy for sure.

Actually, I'm hearing the opposite. A bunch of friends are playing, and all of them are saying it's really, really good. Apparently SE listened to all the criticism and completely redesigned the game.

I picked up a copy yesterday but haven't logged in yet. I'll play it over the weekend and get back to you guys. I play MMOs almost exclusively and hated the original - ditched it after like 15 minutes - so it will have to be really good to keep my attention.

Here's an early review from Massively: Clicky!

I have a few friends that basically say they still havent fixed some of the major problems from the first release. So definitely mixed messages around this one.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 26, 2013, 21:59 dj LiTh

Not sure if anyone understands the implications of just how severe the need for a new method of securing things other then text passwords, but its soon going to reach a boiling point.  

News Comments > Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Revealed
2. Re: Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Revealed Aug 26, 2013, 21:13 dj LiTh

If only they came out with a single player campaign thats moddable, would actually interest me more then mount n blade....speaking of which how long it take them to make m&b2!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 18:35 dj LiTh

Cant wait to play Rome2, really giddy about this one. Of course i go on vacation for 8 days the day it comes out. Guess i'll be imagining roman invasions from a beach in croatia somewhere.  

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo