Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1658 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
85. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 dj LiTh

Lorcin wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 09:43:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 09:22:
So then i go ahead and unplug it and go for the m+kb, ok not so bad, infact its pretty responsive flying the ship, until you realize that the game is built around a controller with menu after menu after menu to click on, which is hampered by the fact that you can steer your ship at the same time. As Creston said earlier, click on an enemy with your mouse, which you need to be using to looking at an enemy.

All the menus are select-able by numbers 1-6 - it says which number by the option. For instance to instantly get back to your ship from the stations it's Enter-5-5.

I'm liking it overall but there are problems, no radar, don't like walking around the stations. Freighter can get itself in a knot.

Still will stick with it - time absolutely flies when I'm playing.

And whats the shortcut key to target an enemy while in combat?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Nov 16, 2013, 09:27 dj LiTh

Linksil wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 00:19:
Yea i've still got BG1:EE on my long list of games to get through. Sooo many RPGs. I'll pick this up when it goes on winter sale. OMG it's only a month away!

My wallet is still cowering in the corner from the summer sale!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Pandora: First Contact
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Pandora: First Contact Nov 16, 2013, 09:25 dj LiTh

Looks really cool, will pick it up on sale hopefully for xmas or something  

78. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 09:22 dj LiTh

Although i've not had any performance problems i've really been battling with the controller situation to no end. I've got a logitech dual action (looks exactly like a ps3 controller), and its somehow not supported in Rebirth, so then i try the xbox360 controller emulator and although it works on every other game, in X Rebirth its broken, i'll do things like have my ship look left and the weapons will fire at the same time. All this is not fixed by changing just about everything in the bindable keys (which is severely lacking is whats bindable)

So then i go ahead and unplug it and go for the m+kb, ok not so bad, infact its pretty responsive flying the ship, until you realize that the game is built around a controller with menu after menu after menu to click on, which is hampered by the fact that you can steer your ship at the same time. As Creston said earlier, click on an enemy with your mouse, which you need to be using to looking at an enemy.

The game has been gorgeous to look at, but man if i dont really want my 'complicated' X series menu system back. I'm quite sure X Rebirth modders are already on the case no doubt. Also i think Egosoft is going to have a lot of sleepless nights trying to fix as much as possible, but the damage is done from their first impression, which will hurt sales in the long run sadly.

As for me i'm going to go ahead and hang it up for a few months and check on updates and mods periodically. I know i'll eventually get my money's worth, but thats just not right now. Oh well, atleast Xcom EW is completely awesome, 1 out of 2 isnt bad.

News Comments > Endless Space Free Add-on
2. Re: Endless Space Free Add-on Nov 16, 2013, 09:13 dj LiTh

Flatline wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 18:12:
Kudos for all these free addons, but I went back and reinstalled the game the other night and there's just not enough for me to stay interested in.

For me its the combat system that completely lost my interest in the game. I'm not a fan of card games to begin with though, so maybe that has to do with it.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Released
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2013, 13:26 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 11:11:
InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 03:09:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 01:14:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 23:04:
LULZ

Hell to the yes

He mech suit punched that alien. Through the goddamned wall. Sold.

Although I find it ridiculous that mechs punch aliens, Prince of Bel Air style, I have to admit that was quite cool. I loved the original, will be getting this at some point, after I decide whether to buy X Rebirth first or not.

You don't HAVE to punch aliens, you can also shoot at them with your minigun. But if you're in range, fuck yeah go for the punch. It's a never-miss 12 damage. Mechs are the fucking shizz.

I opted for the flame thrower instead of the mech punch arm myself, pretty great aoe damage goodness, also watching mutons panic after being set ablaze never gets old

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 12:37 dj LiTh

Tumbler wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 12:31:
Fired this up to see how it would run for me, the settings seemed. Simple enough so I figured I could turn most on... Heh, slide show. I have a Asus g75 laptop with the 660m gpu, turned off a few things, shadows, turned down shader still looks great and runs much better. Seems great now. Hopefully they'll have a better set of drivers to give me a but more fps with some of that stuff turned up.

Ya, i saw in a previous dev diary that shadows really hammer systems and that they spent a lot of effort on making the medium and lower shadow shaders look really good.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 12:00 dj LiTh

No performance problems here on my 2500k and 1gb 460gtx, i am running the latest vid drivers, that might help some of you. I have had problems with my logitech controller so opting just for m+kb for now, which is fine cause it is a lot better then previous x games as far as m+kb support goes. Ya charactor models look bad, but thats never been their strong suite. As for everything else havent had any bugs.

Game is gorgeous btw, i'll check back in, in a few more hours with some gameplay stuff

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 15, 2013, 01:05 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:53:
Played an absolutely AWESOME mission contained within the expansion today (spoilers, obviously.)

You get sent to a deserted fishing village. Turns out the village isn't deserted, it's been crysalid'ed. When you find the source of the Crysalid infection, it keeps spawning crysalids every round, and you need to reach a transponder to call in an airstrike. That in and of itself is already cool.

But once you hit the transponder, you have 8 turns to reach the evac site or die. While crysalids are chasing you and trying to cut you off. Holy shit, the fucking TERROR in this mission. I'd let my Mech unit do a rear-guard action, because his fist of doom kills a crysalid instantly. So with 3 turns left, he's surrounded by 3 crysalids, and even though he can handle 2 blows just about, 3 would kill him. And more were on the way. Rest of the squad is basically one move away from the evac point.

I debate letting the mech guy die and sacrifice himself for his squaddies, but then I decide to take a risk. I set up my squad exactly one move away from the evac point, then put them on overwatch, and let my mech run to within a few steps of them.

3 Crysalids come after him, and are absolutely pulverized by 5 people on overwatch (I had laser rifles). Oh, it was glorious. Evac'ed in the last turn.

AWEEESSOOOMMEEEE MISSION!

Nice! I just did that mission myself and am now a little ways past it. Its a very enjoyable one to say the least. I've just encountered Exalt and have done a few of those missions, those are also really cool :).

So far this expansion is living up to the quality of the the base game

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2013, 00:49 dj LiTh

Thats pretty awesome about the unified memory  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 09:38 dj LiTh

I was murdered last week on my picks, i dont even want to say the number. Also sadly i'm one of the 4 blues speaks of, my excuse is i didnt sign up until after week 1....which kinda takes the pressure off the rest of the year, but i'll be sure to sign up on time next year!

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
32. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 05:20 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 04:33:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:34:
Fion wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:30:
Stream usually does Noon pst.

Really? Ugh, I hope they don't wait that long, I have to go out that night.

Game unlocks 15th 13:00 GMT +1 according to dev on forums. Steam counter is irrelevant, devs can trigger unlock whenever they want.

But I am not sure this applies to all the game versions and regions.

It does i dug this link out the other day, its a global release on steam link

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
22. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 00:13 dj LiTh

Keith wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:02:
"Are we playing the same game? M&K is the primary control method and it works fine..."

Not sure what you consider "fine", but according to the dev & player posts I have read the controls are almost the same (UI changes mostly) as the previous iteration. Basically trying to fly is either the retarded mouse-cursor follow or the crappy, unresponsive non-cursor style that feels like you are flying through molasses at 1/2 speed.

And apparently I have forgotten how to quote (the edit).

So much fail in your posts its not even funny. Check out this X Rebirth Controls
Also saying its just UI updates couldnt be further from the truth since its a completely new engine. Everything is rebuilt from the ground up.

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 13, 2013, 15:31 dj LiTh

Harlequin wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 13:59:
fiftykyu wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:45:
So I'll take the convenience and the discount, thank you very much.

Enjoy that half a latte of savings, I am sure you'll have a night on the town with it...

Enjoy wasting your money for absolutely no reason.

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 13, 2013, 11:16 dj LiTh

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 11:09:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 09:14:
jimnms wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 05:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:00:
I did not get this expansion (canceled this preorder as well ) but I still had a 4Gb patch to download last night.
Not sure if they've made some changes to the main game as well?

They did. They fixed some bugs (teleport bug amongst others), made some optimizations (apparently) and I think the changes for the RNG were ported over to the original game as well.

Has there been an official patch notes detailing what was fixed? I never finished the game because it bugged out on me. I was getting conflicting hit chances depending on what I was looking at. The target icons on the bottom of the screen would show one value while when in targeting to take the shot I got another value. At first it was only effecting one particular soldier, then it spread to others and eventually my whole team. At first it was just only showing 1% chance on the icons, but seemed to be showing the correct percentage in targeting mode. Then it started showing two different values, so I had no idea which one was right.

I also had a soldier that was a reward for a mission that was bugged. He was a high ranked sniper, which I gave him squad sight. No matter what, he never had a shot at anything, it was like he was blind and couldn't see them, even when an enemy was in the open right in front of him.

I'll try firing this up this weekend and see if it fixed my game. I really hope I don't have to start over. While I made some regrettable decisions, with it being my first game, I think I was doing good and wanted to play it out.

If your save is from within the Geoscope/base then i'd say its probably good, if its from inside a battle then everything is probably already locked in until you fire up another. Anyways with Enemy Within you have to start a new campaign anyways so i'm sure just starting a new campaign with or without EW would fix it for sure. Its weird to hear of bugs in Xcom, as i've never seen one (not even the teleporting enemy one? Never saw it in 4 play throughs).

That aside, EW is worth it to anyone that liked EU. Its a ton more stuff already added to a great game. I'm really digging the medals and genetics augmentations, havent even delved into the MEC's (big giant robot things) yet. I'm playing on Classic (which i think is a must for anyone), with all the second wave options except for the Save scum one and the random abilities. So far its been awesome! Highly recommended!

My first playthrough was on Classic.
I'd say Ironman is more important than Classic. You can do both, of course, and I will for my next playthrough. Ironman on Easy was too easy (like I said, 1 unit lost, and it was a fluke), but losing the ability to quick-load and quick-save made me play in a very different way. It made me a better player that thought more about it. On my Classic playthrough I wouldn't say I abused Quick-save and Quickload, but I definitely took far more chances, particularly with scouting.

I know that, if I don't do EW in Ironman, I'll probably quickload my way to getting the goop at the start of the missions 90% of the time.

I absolutely agree about Ironman mode, my first play through i like the option of saving and loading on classic just so i can get through the campaign once, after that its nothing but Impossible or Classic Ironman play throughs. I wouldnt even dare to think how easy mode easy is, as normal is like very easy mode and Classic is like Hard mode.

News Comments > Omerta - City of Gangsters Expansion Next Month
5. Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters Expansion Next Month Nov 13, 2013, 11:13 dj LiTh

netnerd85 wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:49:
Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:48:
I'm pretty shocked that this got an expansion. By all accounts, and my experience with the demo, this game was a stinker. It was a shame too, because I liked their Tropico offerings.
Um no, not at all, it WAS lacking but they patched it to have more content and sandbox mode.

That was indeed my experience, a stinker and major let down through and through. To each their own i suppose

46. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 13, 2013, 09:14 dj LiTh

jimnms wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 05:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:00:
I did not get this expansion (canceled this preorder as well ) but I still had a 4Gb patch to download last night.
Not sure if they've made some changes to the main game as well?

They did. They fixed some bugs (teleport bug amongst others), made some optimizations (apparently) and I think the changes for the RNG were ported over to the original game as well.

Has there been an official patch notes detailing what was fixed? I never finished the game because it bugged out on me. I was getting conflicting hit chances depending on what I was looking at. The target icons on the bottom of the screen would show one value while when in targeting to take the shot I got another value. At first it was only effecting one particular soldier, then it spread to others and eventually my whole team. At first it was just only showing 1% chance on the icons, but seemed to be showing the correct percentage in targeting mode. Then it started showing two different values, so I had no idea which one was right.

I also had a soldier that was a reward for a mission that was bugged. He was a high ranked sniper, which I gave him squad sight. No matter what, he never had a shot at anything, it was like he was blind and couldn't see them, even when an enemy was in the open right in front of him.

I'll try firing this up this weekend and see if it fixed my game. I really hope I don't have to start over. While I made some regrettable decisions, with it being my first game, I think I was doing good and wanted to play it out.

If your save is from within the Geoscope/base then i'd say its probably good, if its from inside a battle then everything is probably already locked in until you fire up another. Anyways with Enemy Within you have to start a new campaign anyways so i'm sure just starting a new campaign with or without EW would fix it for sure. Its weird to hear of bugs in Xcom, as i've never seen one (not even the teleporting enemy one? Never saw it in 4 play throughs).

That aside, EW is worth it to anyone that liked EU. Its a ton more stuff already added to a great game. I'm really digging the medals and genetics augmentations, havent even delved into the MEC's (big giant robot things) yet. I'm playing on Classic (which i think is a must for anyone), with all the second wave options except for the Save scum one and the random abilities. So far its been awesome! Highly recommended!

41. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 22:46 dj LiTh

fiftykyu wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:45:
Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 18:58:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:26:
Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:
Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?

Cause its cheaper and you get a 6$ GMG credit. Some people like to save money, and its working now btw.

If by 'saving' you mean you saved enough for half a latte at Starbucks then I'll pay the extra couple of bucks for convenience since I already have a Stream account.

Umm, not to spoil your fun, but it's a Steamworks game. Buy directly from Steam, or buy the game elsewhere, you'll only be playing on Steam. So I'll take the convenience and the discount, thank you very much.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 10:26 dj LiTh

Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:
Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?

Cause its cheaper and you get a 6$ GMG credit. Some people like to save money, and its working now btw.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 09:56 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:50:
At the moment everyone who bought it from GMG is having trouble with it launching the expansion, rather it downloads the 4gb patch and just launches the old EU. Steam forums not happy campers at the moment. From what i've read it works for some and not for others, but it doesnt work for anyone who bought outside of steam and especially GMG customers.
I did see gmg posted something on twitter this morning regarding this.
Edit here it is:
XCOM: Enemy Within - Download Issue 12th Nov. 2013 *Updated*
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us about this. We are aware of a download issue for XCOM: Enemy Within that some customers are experiencing and we are in contact with 2K regarding this issue. Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA for a resolution as this is outside of our control, but will update customers as soon as we have more information.

We thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
GMG

*UPDATE* 12th November 2013 14:51

We now believe this issue to be resolved. We would advise that you restart Steam before attempting to download again. If you continue to have issues with the download, please let us know by contacting Customer Support.
Again, we thank you for your patience while this was resolved.
Thanks,
GMG Team.

Ya, i think they litterally just fixed it as i posted. I just tried validating my files cache and it failed (passed the last 3 times i tried it in the last hour). So looks like now its downloading 7gb more of data....yay!

1658 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo