Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1481 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2013, 07:12 dj LiTh

Prolly not the best phone to get if your a druglord, pedophile, terrorist, top 10 most wanted. Other then that, its not gonna matter as if someone wants your data, they're gonna get it, be it android, windows, ios phones.

That said, itunes is the deal breaker for me /w apple phones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released
12. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 16:59 dj LiTh

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:39:
It seems to me in most places in eastern europe you almost have to be either completely oblivious of your surroundings and obnoxious or looking for trouble to find any. Whereas in the states sometimes trouble just finds you.
So true. I'll never forget an obnoxious South African tourist on a tram peering out the windows at my Prague neighborhood proclaiming the place as looking "dangerous". Surrounded by quiet, reserved Czechs on a tram trundling through a quiet ordinary residential suburb. He came there with an image of the place in his mind and I guess the week or weekend he spent there just wasn't enough to shake it.

It was embarrassing and ironic since he was from my country which is a truly dangerous place.

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:39:
That said i still dont like being anywhere east of the hungarian border.
I spent a vacation in Ukraine and that was a whole different story. I went there with an open mind but found myself doing occasional over the shoulder glances. My spidey sense kicked in there. The wild wild east. Interesting, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Wild west is exactly how i felt while being in serbia/ukraine/romania! Those places you really have to be extra vigilant! Couldnt agree more

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2013, 17:05.

10. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 16:39 dj LiTh

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:30:
nin wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 21:09:
"Going East! add-on expands the original Euro Truck Simulator 2 map with new destinations for cargo delivery across Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary."

Getting into human smuggling, are we?

I lived for 3 years in Czech Republic. Some of the Eastern Euro countries get a bad rep unfairly.

It was one of the safest places I've ever lived. Growing up in South Africa I'm pretty much hyper vigilant as it is. CZ really put the zap on me. It was so safe. It certainly felt safer than the UK and Australia where I lived previously. No matter what time of night or where I was I can never recall feeling in danger. My honest impression is that it would be a great place to raise children if you could adapt to the language and certain cultural differences. The Czechs and most Eastern Europeans are all about family I believe much more so than many Western countries are today.

Well said, couldnt agree more. Having grown up in Los Angeles myself this was also my observation living in Hungary. I remember a few times walking through district VIII in budapest (supposedly the worst place in bp) at 2-3am and although it reminded me of Los Angeles, i still didnt feel half as threatened as i did while growing up in LA. It seems to me in most places in eastern europe you almost have to be either completely oblivious of your surroundings and obnoxious or looking for trouble to find any. Whereas in the states sometimes trouble just finds you. That said i still dont like being anywhere east of the hungarian border.

7. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 13:04 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 12:59:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 12:56:
Cool! I lived in a few years in Szeged and then a few more years in Pecs (no accent mark on my keyboard). But awesome country, my wife is hungarian!
My wife is also Hungarian but I've met her here in Canada.
She is from a small town near Pecs.
I am from near Budapest. It is a beautiful Country to visit but to live there is a different story entirely, but I guess same can be said about many other countries

What a small world, right on! Very true on both counts for hungary in my experience. I still go back to visit as i met a lot of good people there. Still miss the home made palinka and csirke paprikos!

5. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 12:56 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 11:54:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 07:28:
"Going East! add-on expands the original Euro Truck Simulator 2 map with new destinations for cargo delivery across Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary."

As someone thats lived as far east as Hungary for several years i'd say thats just a bit further east. Ukraine/Romania, now those countries i'm actually scared when i'm there. The ones mentioned are very lovely places to visit/live.

Although some advice, stick to the highways in hungary, as anything else is gonna get bumpy!

I am from Hungary actually, moved to Canada in 98
I will probably pick this expansion up to drive around the old Country

Cool! I lived in a few years in Szeged and then a few more years in Pecs (no accent mark on my keyboard). But awesome country, my wife is hungarian! Sadly my hungarian isnt so good, my wife is the translator. After i learned Kerek egy sor, koszonum szepen. that was it for me

edit: Sadly my hungarian isnt so good (i'm convinced its the hardest language to learn on the planet lol), my wife is the translator. After i learned Kerek egy sor, koszonum szepen. that was it for me

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2013, 13:05.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2013, 10:19 dj LiTh

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 10:00:
Redmask wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 09:56:
The i5-3570k uses the same crappy paste as the Haswell units, Intel cheaped out and used the worlds worst thermal paste instead of solder like Sandy Bridge. The problem is just more obvious in the Haswell CPUs since they're smaller. If overclocking is the main concern then the i5-2500+k series is probably the best bet though getting dated and hard to find. I assume the parts are ordered already though so I probably should have mentioned this sooner

Either way you'll get a good build that will last you a long time. Don't feel like you need to overclock or delid to use the thing, most of the time a third party cooler is enough to make up for Intel cheaping out. Nothing like paying $200+ for a CPU and the company can't be bothered using solder instead of penny thermal paste.

Huh? Solder? You want them to solder the cpu to their cheap 2$ aluminum fan and heatsink?

Ahhh ok i figured out what you were talkin about, at first i thought you were bonkers lol! You meant the heatspeader on the cpu, ya that makes sense, can be fixed though if your willing and return policy is good

edit: Just saw your new post Redmask, i see what your sayin now. Good catch! I'm on a sb 2500k and wasnt even aware of this issue on the newer chips

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 dj LiTh

Redmask wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 09:56:
The i5-3570k uses the same crappy paste as the Haswell units, Intel cheaped out and used the worlds worst thermal paste instead of solder like Sandy Bridge. The problem is just more obvious in the Haswell CPUs since they're smaller. If overclocking is the main concern then the i5-2500+k series is probably the best bet though getting dated and hard to find. I assume the parts are ordered already though so I probably should have mentioned this sooner

Either way you'll get a good build that will last you a long time. Don't feel like you need to overclock or delid to use the thing, most of the time a third party cooler is enough to make up for Intel cheaping out. Nothing like paying $200+ for a CPU and the company can't be bothered using solder instead of penny thermal paste.

Huh? Solder? You want them to solder the cpu to their cheap 2$ aluminum fan and heatsink?

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Sep 20, 2013, 09:00 dj LiTh

Already had X:TC but wanted to try X:AB as well. So i'm in.  

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
17. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 20, 2013, 07:37 dj LiTh

Lorcin wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 21:51:
Living in a city in a future imagined by EA? RATED M FOR SCARY AS FUCK BITCH!

For some reason i read that in Jesse Pinkman's voice from breaking bad, lol

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
21. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 20, 2013, 07:33 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 07:22:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 19:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 18:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:16:
Somewhere along the lines maybe another competitor will emerge....

Like it's anywhere near that bad.

There are 3 companies that define what is a PC CPU/GPU nowadays. I call that pretty damn bad. Back 20 years we had dozens of companies pushing ahead. Now Intel is pushing AMD, and Nvidia is pushing ATI. And that's it. If AMD/ATI ever comes into any kind of money problem the PC market for CPU/GPU offerings is dead with 0 competition.

Already now there is barely any choice when it comes to upgrades.

I wouldnt leave ARM out. Although its not x86, i think intel is a lot more scared of ARM then they are of AMD

While ARM is a competitor of sorts (although not anywhere in the PC market), of course one leaves ARM out when it comes to PC upgrades. ARM offers nothing that could "upgrade" anything in your PC. Even if that PC is 8 years old.

True true, but i was thinking more of the future of the 'pc'. I think once intel catches up in the risc department that we'll be seeing better OS alternatives

3. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 07:28 dj LiTh

As someone thats lived as far east as Hungary for several years i'd say thats just a bit further east. Ukraine/Romania, now those countries i'm actually scared when i'm there. The ones mentioned are very lovely places to visit/live.

Although some advice, stick to the highways in hungary, as anything else is gonna get bumpy!

17. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 19:28 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 18:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:16:
Somewhere along the lines maybe another competitor will emerge....

Like it's anywhere near that bad.

There are 3 companies that define what is a PC CPU/GPU nowadays. I call that pretty damn bad. Back 20 years we had dozens of companies pushing ahead. Now Intel is pushing AMD, and Nvidia is pushing ATI. And that's it. If AMD/ATI ever comes into any kind of money problem the PC market for CPU/GPU offerings is dead with 0 competition.

Already now there is barely any choice when it comes to upgrades.

I wouldnt leave ARM out. Although its not x86, i think intel is a lot more scared of ARM then they are of AMD

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 12:04 dj LiTh

So a brave pirate captain is pirating around with his crew on the high seas. Suddenly the lookout cries "Captain!!! Two enemy ships are approaching!"

The captain starts barking orders. "Load the cannon! Raise the mainsail! And bring me my red shirt!"

The ensuing battle is a close one. After barely repelling boarders and sinking both ships, the crew sits and rests on the deck. One of them addresses the captain, "Sir, why do you call for your red shirt before the battle?"

Captain says "Because I don't want you men to see me if I get wounded and be disheartened during battle."

Just then the lookout yells "Captain, there are SIX enemy ships approaching!"

The captain only gave one order:

"BRING ME MY BROWN PANTS!!!"

ARRRRR!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 10:57 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:53:
I can't decide on the Bills and the Jets this week. Last year I chose nothing but the Jets, this year I'm trying to be more sensible. Also the Chiefs and the Eagles is another tough one.

I think the more 'sensible' approach would be choosing anyone but the jets (except for the browns.... btw FUCK YA MY COLTS GOT RICHARDSON HAHAHHAHA)

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 dj LiTh

Throwin shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.  

2. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 10:37 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:01:
No Rome II related improvements......

Also I find it pretty funny that the drivers still list incompatibility with "Gigabyte GA-6BX" A mainboard produced in the year 2000 . (Yes, I read the release notes...) completely worthless release notes at that. 0 Information how they got these magical performance improvements.

If you had the latest beta this driver also changes nothing.

Wow, at first glance i was like final'fuckin'ly! Then i started reading....man are these guys dropping the ball this past month.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 18, 2013, 10:02 dj LiTh

That dividend increase is pretty sweet. Long term investing ftw  

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
26. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 17, 2013, 06:11 dj LiTh

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 01:29:
All this is about is Valve not getting locked out in case the MS app store takes off. Right now it's crap, but 3 OS revisions from now it might be a big deal and that is what Gabe's thinking about.

+1

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 16:12 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 15:22:
I can't decide on the Rams and the Cowboys, both are underperforming.

Also the Browns are really bad but do they want to lose as badly as Minnesota? Remains to be seen!

Those were tough ones for me as well. Personally i went with the Rams and Vikings

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 16:50 dj LiTh

Fion wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 15:57:
All these space shooters in the works and not a peep about the greatest of them all: Tie Fighter (followed closely by X-Wing of course.)

Where's my fucking Tie Fighter sequel Disney? It's a cash cow in the waiting.

Couldnt agree more, as for this....hope its good but not getting my hopes anywhere above zero until i see some reviews.

1481 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo