Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 22:06 dj LiTh

ItBurn wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:50:
Whiskers wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:48:
Will this actually sell any copies when it comes out? Feels like 90% of the people have already given tons of cash and gotten copies of the game already.

There's no publisher or investors who require a profit. They can basically just do another kickstarter and keep on making games. If the game is good, people will buy the next ones.

Instead of supporting their MMO/Single player game post release?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
28. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 20:11 dj LiTh

pupsikaso wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 19:30:
I'm never played any of theses "X" games before, is this an MMO?

Single player sandbox space sim with one of the most advanced economies in a game. Also heavily supported by community mods. It has a pretty high learning curve though, especially with some of the mods that are almost essential IMO. X Rebirth supposedly helping with the learning curve though, but thats never been a problem for me.

26. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 19:26 dj LiTh

Parias wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 18:43:
Quboid wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:46:
I think the community is worried about it being watered down by multiplayer - it's a big game and Egosoft's attention is needed in many places. Going by their previous games, the last thing they need is even more scope and while some sort of multiplayer would be cool, I'm glad they're not stretching themselves any further.

It doesn't necessarily have to be watered down though - just give us the same experience we already have, but with the ability to do it with a friend co-operatively. I know a couple of people where that would make this an instant sale.

Instead, they'll end up waiting for Star Citizen.

I'd be very very surprised if Star Citizens economy is even half as good as past x series games.

19. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:40 dj LiTh

MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:00:
So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

I'm not all that upto date on the latest info, but in all past X games, no, they are just pretty pictures with no interaction (planets i mean). Although atleast with past x games, they are incredibly indepth, especially with its modding community (probably my favorite modding community for a game).

4. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:27 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:24:
I think someone linked a 37.50 pre-order from GMG in today's OOTB.
Awesome, and damn you! Gonna have to bite on that one! Thanks Creston!

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 12:48:
So...guys, X-Rebirth is on for $37.50 on GMG, promokey: GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M

2. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:21 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:12:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! I'm so fucking excited for this game. MY GAME!

Same here, i've been playing X3:AB like a crack addict this past week. Got XRM and Improved Races 2.0 installed, Phanon Corp, and a few other mini scripts, having a blast. I'm even thinking of preordering but nov is a ways off and i think i might just wait for a few reviews just incase as there's not really many discounts going around right now for it. Also i think maybe even waiting might be a good idea, as i'm sure theres going to be some amazing new mods/scripts coming out from the great modding community

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2013, 12:57 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 12:54:
Someone buy me a whack of Intel shares, would ya? I like cash dividends!

Indeed, my wife and i have been gobbling up big companies that offer dividend shares lately. One of the best long term investments

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
30. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 05:21 dj LiTh

InBlack wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 05:10:
Well if someone claimed sexual harassement against you, and yet there was no harassement what would you call that? Also why would she destroy Stardock's property if not to cover something up? Think of it this way, what would have happened to Ms. Miseta had she NOT claimed sexual harassement? We are all speculating here, and dealing with incomplete information but when in doubt just use Occam's razor, more often than not the simplest explnation is the one that happens to be true.

Except in this case there actually was sexual harassment proven by Brad's own fingers posting a retelling of what happend on various forums.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 18:14 dj LiTh

Think i'll give this a try on the free trial, Havent played it once, but its been on my list.....  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 24, 2013, 18:09 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 09:52:
I adblock for exactly that reason, the last time I had any malware was years ago from an advertisement. I don't whitelist anyone anymore. For sites like this with no ad-free membership tier I usually try to donate some money directly to the owner or offer some programming services.

I have adblock running, using chrome. And use malwarebytes as well as MSE and peerblock with about 1.2billion ip's blocked, and a few others incase i'm really sketched out. Also my torrent client is set so that it cannot send or recieve anything unless i'm on my VPN. So i'm safe, but still surprised the shit outta me

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 12:07 dj LiTh

Can SteamOS drag the PC game industry over to Linux?

Sure...just turn on your windows pc!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 24, 2013, 08:20 dj LiTh

WTF? That Rome2 'article' started my torrent client?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 04:39 dj LiTh

Prez wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 00:13:
Holy shitsnacks that was just absolutely painful watching that Packers game.

Try being a Giants Fan. Exhausted The Packers are easily the best 1-2 team in the league and if they don't make a big turnaround I'd be surprised.

49ers fans would disagree with that statement

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 20:01 dj LiTh

I got 10 picks wrong this week lol, and i started from week 2, not lookin good for me this year. But my Colts won, so i'm happy  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 19:48 dj LiTh

Quboid wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 15:45:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 15:36:
I have SLI'd 1gb 460's myself, right now only two things that make me wish i had a newer card is Skyrim and Shogun2/R2tw, but thats mostly because of the insane amount of graphics mods i like in my skyrim. In each case the SLI gpu's are fast enough, but the 1gb memory isnt nearly enough. Think i'll hold out for the generation after 700/titan and get atleast 4gb of vram (prolly 6gb) when i do upgrade. Oh and i'm on a 2500k o/c'd to 4.8ghz (can hit 5ghz on air no problem but 4.8 seems to be the sweet spot for my cpu/heat dissipation

If you have 2 cards with 1GB VRAM each, do you have a total of 1GB or 2GB? Does each card need a full copy of the texture data or can they get by with 50% each?

As PHJF said its not cumulative, so if you have two 1gb cards then you have a total of 1gb of vram. Its why on my next vid card purchase i'm going crazy on the vram as i think textures are going to be getting a lot bigger real quick in the coming years.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 15:36 dj LiTh

I have SLI'd 1gb 460's myself, right now only two things that make me wish i had a newer card is Skyrim and Shogun2/R2tw, but thats mostly because of the insane amount of graphics mods i like in my skyrim. In each case the SLI gpu's are fast enough, but the 1gb memory isnt nearly enough. Think i'll hold out for the generation after 700/titan and get atleast 4gb of vram (prolly 6gb) when i do upgrade. Oh and i'm on a 2500k o/c'd to 4.8ghz (can hit 5ghz on air no problem but 4.8 seems to be the sweet spot for my cpu/heat dissipation  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2013, 20:22 dj LiTh

Congrats on the new build Blue!  

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
13. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 21, 2013, 07:38 dj LiTh

El Pit wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 04:52:
Germans get a special edition, where every car will be either a Mercedes, a BMW, or a Porsche. And you won't be allowed to drive over civilians, cannot shoot anybody, and you'll be living peacefully with your wife, two kids, and your dog in a pink house.
It'LL be more like Grand Sims Auto I.

Take it from someone who lives in germany, 99% of germans will have their gta5's shipped in from austria with no such restrictions

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3 Sep 21, 2013, 07:28 dj LiTh

Thats a heck of a list! That coupled with patch2's fixes, glad to see them balls to the wall trying to fix this. I'm still enjoying the game, and look forward to even more patches in the near future.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2013, 07:12 dj LiTh

Prolly not the best phone to get if your a druglord, pedophile, terrorist, top 10 most wanted. Other then that, its not gonna matter as if someone wants your data, they're gonna get it, be it android, windows, ios phones.

That said, itunes is the deal breaker for me /w apple phones.

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo