Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1632 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Telltale's Game of Thrones Game?
1. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 21, 2013, 21:23 dj LiTh

Yes please!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 dj LiTh

Umbragen wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 12:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 11:25:
RE: Star Trek. Uh... make a better game next time?

Nope, not possible. Star Trek games suck, it's a law of nature or part of the Matrix or even Heisenberg's (little known) Certainty principle: If Star Trek and Game are in close proximity the outcome can be determined with absolute certainty.

After breaking bad, i wouldnt say that heisenberg's certainty principle is little known anymore...

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
34. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 13:01 dj LiTh

Rea1One wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 11:03:
Runs smooth as on my system!

NamecaF wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 00:58:
Anything after 320.49 is completely unstable for my GTX 460s.
Maybe it's time to upgrade from that ancient tech.

At the moment, the only thing i wish my 460's had was more vram as in a few games (skyrim /w tons of graphics mods) it hits the 1gb mark. That aside there's nothing i cant run with my 460's in SLI mode and get 50+ fps in, also they are overclocking champs. One 460 can attain almost 480 like performance, which honestly isnt that far off from a 670 in performance.

27. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 02:12 dj LiTh

NamecaF wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 00:58:
I really wish they would get their fucking act together and release drivers that dont keep locking up or killing older graphics cards.

Anything after 320.49 is completely unstable for my GTX 460s.

Weird, i'm running 331.58 on my gtx 460's without a problem.

23. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 00:49 dj LiTh

MonkeySpank wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 20:51:
dj LiTh,
Actually no. The driver most likely uses UDMA which would transfer data directly from the H.264 encoder to a SATA device. The SATA device probably has a single-chunk file into which the UDMA writes. In other words, no CPU interrupts, no disk thrash, low overhead. Torrents use the same concept in that they allocate the maximum contiguous size ahead of time and just keep writing within their sandbox, filely speaking.

I hope this helps!

Cool! Thanks for that, so its going to the RAM or VRAM for short term storage? If its the VRAM i could see that possibly becoming a problem for too long a video and big textured game (skyrim /w tons of 4k textures mods for example), if its ram then thats pretty damn sweet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 00:46 dj LiTh

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 23:16:
oh, I need a new wireless router. I am not a fan of them, but mine went Tango Uniform this week. It was a solid one, the Gamer Lounge D-Link DGL-4300 that lasted a lot longer than I had expected.

Anyone have a wireless router they really like?

Thanks.

I recommend you check out this site it has the most comprehensive router tests i've come across for general consumer networking

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 16:50 dj LiTh

1badmf wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 14:48:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 13:46:
I had much more problems with the calls in the 9ers game down the stretch then i did the Pats game. There wasnt any time left, what were they gonna do, award them a touch down with 0:00 left on the clock? As for the ball being uncatchable, oh it was....by the Panthers who intercepted it.... again no problem with the no call deciding a games outcome. I much more have a problem when they call something that decides the outcome.

game can't end on a defensive penalty by rule. if it was PI, the pats would've had one untimed down at the 1 yard line. if it was holding, they would've had an untimed down at whatever +10 yards would've been. ball was catchable. if that dude doesn't lean on gronk, he almost certainly can jam on the brakes and make a play for it. even if i bought the 'uncatchable' argument, that's 100% some form of illegal contact.

Ahh IC, thanks. Wasnt sure what would of happened if the play was called. Still though i rather see a no call then a call at the last play of the game

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Federal Reserve: While bitcoins hold “promise,” we have no regulatory authority. Nov 19, 2013, 16:25 dj LiTh

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:53:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 12:57:
That's the point of it. The Fed can't steal the value of them by inflating away the value. That's precisely why the coins are valuable. It's a decentralized currency. We don't want your stinking regulations!!!

I'm not really sure why the anti-government types have it out for the federal reserve. We haven't had unhealthy inflation in this country since the 70s. What other federal agency can claim 30 years of success?

The interesting thing here is that technology has created a speculative instrument that it is impossible to regulate. How long before hedge funds start encoding their assets in a similar way? Next time Wall Street tanks our economy, we might not even know who did it.

Except the federal reserve isnt a Federal agency, its a private entity.

16. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 16:24 dj LiTh

Constantly recording? Thrash your harddrive much?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 13:46 dj LiTh

I had much more problems with the calls in the 9ers game down the stretch then i did the Pats game. There wasnt any time left, what were they gonna do, award them a touch down with 0:00 left on the clock? As for the ball being uncatchable, oh it was....by the Panthers who intercepted it.... again no problem with the no call deciding a games outcome. I much more have a problem when they call something that decides the outcome.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
53. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 18:35 dj LiTh

Kawlisse wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 18:08:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 11:01:
A game thats suppose to have 1000x more features then X Rebirth in half the dev time, what could go wrong!

Dont get me wrong, the amount of time to make Star Citizen is really short compared to X rebirth !!! But what? it took 7 years to release a crap game like X rebirth ???? Animations are crap, in ship textures are crap, the only good looking thing is space.

X Rebirth is a total letdown. I am keeping my fringers crossed for Star Citizen.

Oh trust me, i think myself and countless other Bluesnews commentators would like nothing else then to be completely wrong in every regard about this game. In fact nothing would make me happier then to be wrong about this game.

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
14. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 11:01 dj LiTh

A game thats suppose to have 1000x more features then X Rebirth in half the dev time, what could go wrong!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 16:59 dj LiTh

I'm pretty far into my Xcom EW Classic play through, and i have to say its excellent. So if you like Xcom: EU then this is a must buy.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 13:09 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 12:32:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 11:45:
Good to see X-Rebirth on the top.
The game is awesome when it works Hope Egosoft patch it up quickly.

I've not been following every thread, but it is more accessible off the bat than the previous ones? I think I only tried the original and X3, but in both cases, I kind of felt lost and not sure what to do.

Thanks!

I think its easier for a new comer, yet mind bogglingly complicated for a veteran... thats my take atleast. Deffinitely wait for patches or a good sale, luckily i'm in SpectralMeat's boat as i got it on a sale. I'm holding off a bit, because the controls just frustrate me to no end at the moment. I know in the long run i'll get more then my money's worth out of it, but i'm just waiting a bit for now.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
85. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 dj LiTh

Lorcin wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 09:43:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 09:22:
So then i go ahead and unplug it and go for the m+kb, ok not so bad, infact its pretty responsive flying the ship, until you realize that the game is built around a controller with menu after menu after menu to click on, which is hampered by the fact that you can steer your ship at the same time. As Creston said earlier, click on an enemy with your mouse, which you need to be using to looking at an enemy.

All the menus are select-able by numbers 1-6 - it says which number by the option. For instance to instantly get back to your ship from the stations it's Enter-5-5.

I'm liking it overall but there are problems, no radar, don't like walking around the stations. Freighter can get itself in a knot.

Still will stick with it - time absolutely flies when I'm playing.

And whats the shortcut key to target an enemy while in combat?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Nov 16, 2013, 09:27 dj LiTh

Linksil wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 00:19:
Yea i've still got BG1:EE on my long list of games to get through. Sooo many RPGs. I'll pick this up when it goes on winter sale. OMG it's only a month away!

My wallet is still cowering in the corner from the summer sale!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Pandora: First Contact
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Pandora: First Contact Nov 16, 2013, 09:25 dj LiTh

Looks really cool, will pick it up on sale hopefully for xmas or something  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
78. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 09:22 dj LiTh

Although i've not had any performance problems i've really been battling with the controller situation to no end. I've got a logitech dual action (looks exactly like a ps3 controller), and its somehow not supported in Rebirth, so then i try the xbox360 controller emulator and although it works on every other game, in X Rebirth its broken, i'll do things like have my ship look left and the weapons will fire at the same time. All this is not fixed by changing just about everything in the bindable keys (which is severely lacking is whats bindable)

So then i go ahead and unplug it and go for the m+kb, ok not so bad, infact its pretty responsive flying the ship, until you realize that the game is built around a controller with menu after menu after menu to click on, which is hampered by the fact that you can steer your ship at the same time. As Creston said earlier, click on an enemy with your mouse, which you need to be using to looking at an enemy.

The game has been gorgeous to look at, but man if i dont really want my 'complicated' X series menu system back. I'm quite sure X Rebirth modders are already on the case no doubt. Also i think Egosoft is going to have a lot of sleepless nights trying to fix as much as possible, but the damage is done from their first impression, which will hurt sales in the long run sadly.

As for me i'm going to go ahead and hang it up for a few months and check on updates and mods periodically. I know i'll eventually get my money's worth, but thats just not right now. Oh well, atleast Xcom EW is completely awesome, 1 out of 2 isnt bad.

News Comments > Endless Space Free Add-on
2. Re: Endless Space Free Add-on Nov 16, 2013, 09:13 dj LiTh

Flatline wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 18:12:
Kudos for all these free addons, but I went back and reinstalled the game the other night and there's just not enough for me to stay interested in.

For me its the combat system that completely lost my interest in the game. I'm not a fan of card games to begin with though, so maybe that has to do with it.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Released
12. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2013, 13:26 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 11:11:
InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 03:09:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 01:14:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 23:04:
LULZ

Hell to the yes

He mech suit punched that alien. Through the goddamned wall. Sold.

Although I find it ridiculous that mechs punch aliens, Prince of Bel Air style, I have to admit that was quite cool. I loved the original, will be getting this at some point, after I decide whether to buy X Rebirth first or not.

You don't HAVE to punch aliens, you can also shoot at them with your minigun. But if you're in range, fuck yeah go for the punch. It's a never-miss 12 damage. Mechs are the fucking shizz.

I opted for the flame thrower instead of the mech punch arm myself, pretty great aoe damage goodness, also watching mutons panic after being set ablaze never gets old

1632 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo