Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1831 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 10:47 LiTh

Man, CDPR is just on fire. I havent bought this yet, but the future GOTR edition is going to be insane by just reading how much fun you guys have had with this already!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
15. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 10:45 LiTh

Darks wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 10:31:
InBlack wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:14:
Here is my guide to optimal use of Windows 10 for gamers:

- Do. Not. Install.

There you go. Simple really. Wait for DX12 capable games people, there really is no need to upgrade at this moment you will only have issues (like with every new Windows release)

^

This, This is me to a T. I will never install that POS OS.

So what version of Linux or OSX you running?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2015, 18:47 LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 17:07:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:04:
Did nobody watch The Matrix?

Matrix was (scientifically) bullshit. Humans need to take in way more energy than they emit

I dont know about bullshit, i mean mitochondria are basically power plants of our cells (yay molecular cell bio class finally paying off). Inefficient most definitely but not out of the realm of the imagination.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2015, 18:33 LiTh

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 17:31:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:11:
Currently have about 2 dozen tabs open in chrome and none are over 80megs, you can check with chrome's task manager...I'm willing to bet some of you guys have some giant hogs as extensions running. As for firefox, i do like it but the single error taking down the entire browser is just a no go for me. I'm sure its gotten better but its ridiculously frustrating when you lose 50+ tabs when your working on something.

I won't say it never happens, I use Cyberfox and if it hangs, again not very often, it usually comes back. If it were to crash, it will comeback with all the sites asking if I want to reload. I also use Bookmark All, I press a Star Icon anytime I want and it will save by date/time in a folder under bookmarks all the sites I have open, good for a crash or more importantly a historical bookmark of good sites if I need them in the future.

I can have anywhere from 6 to 30 sites opened at once, typically run pc on and browser on for weeks if not months. Just giving a little insight where things are today, obviously don't care what any one uses.

I do appreciate the insight, cant say i'm thrilled to be in Google's reach but ATM its what makes sense for me. Once firefox gets tabs threaded separately i'll probably try it again.

One thing the chrome users might want to check out is 'uBlock Origin' extention, i noticed that Adblock was starting to not work on some sites and on further digging found that some sites actually pay Adblock to ...well not block ads. Also its much more lean then Adblock was (atleast for Chrome). I guess there is another 'uBlock' extention but the extention split into two, and i guess the Origin is the 'original' guys behind it and keep it up to date.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2015, 15:11 LiTh

Currently have about 2 dozen tabs open in chrome and none are over 80megs, you can check with chrome's task manager...I'm willing to bet some of you guys have some giant hogs as extensions running. As for firefox, i do like it but the single error taking down the entire browser is just a no go for me. I'm sure its gotten better but its ridiculously frustrating when you lose 50+ tabs when your working on something.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2015, 07:25 LiTh

LOC wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 03:40:
Ark uses UE4 right? How optimized is it currently? (The game, not the engine lol)

Pretty badly optimized, but I do think that will change. Last i tried it 3? weeks ago no SLI and it stutters if you dont have more then 1.5gb of VRAM (even with minimal textures). That said, I think you should still grab it because normally those optimizations come last, otherwise they'd be spending half their time breaking optimizations and fixing them with all the new content they release. There seems like there's an update almost daily, i had to turn off auto updates on the game because they're updating so furiously.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
11. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 20:21 LiTh

So that's how the refunding process works...  

News Comments > RuneScape Launches 10-player Raids
3. Re: RuneScape Launches 10-player Raids Jul 14, 2015, 13:03 LiTh

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 12:10:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 12:08:
The only way you go on raids in Runescape is to invest 100's of dollars in equipment which must be repeated every time they raise the level limit.

Which ones have you done?

Keyboard and screen covered in iced tea.... oh man good one

News Comments > R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata
17. Re: R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata Jul 13, 2015, 12:07 LiTh

BobBob wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 11:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 10:20:
That really is a shame, guy is hall of fame material for gaming if there ever was one. Perhaps its the cynic in me, but i wonder if him battling his disease is related in anyway to the lackluster performance of nintendo the last several years. Perhaps the new CEO will ignite some new perspective and bring nintendo back.

What do you think he was part of some Borg-like Nintnedo collective? The man most likely had a completely separate private life (which includes his medical history) that is none of our business.

So you dont think someone's private life can effect someone work? Ok....

News Comments > R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata
6. Re: R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata Jul 13, 2015, 10:20 LiTh

That really is a shame, guy is hall of fame material for gaming if there ever was one. Perhaps its the cynic in me, but i wonder if him battling his disease is related in anyway to the lackluster performance of nintendo the last several years. Perhaps the new CEO will ignite some new perspective and bring nintendo back.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 11, 2015, 22:21 LiTh

All that needs to be realized from shihonage and his opinion is this quote from a few days ago from a previous post "The more people we have like Derek Smart and Peter Molyneux and that Fez guy, the better."

The only thing more delusional then shihonage is the fictitious antihero in this show.

That said, Again, amazing show.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 11, 2015, 11:00 LiTh

This is a great show, i'm looking forward to it every week. Also the fact that a lot of what they show and talk about computer wise is pretty accurate (atleast compared to the drivel hollywood normally forces on us.)  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
8. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 11, 2015, 10:56 LiTh

Frijoles wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 01:23:
Excellent. Been looking forward to this patch.

<passive skills reset>

Dammit. Guess not. I appreciate them giving us a free reset, but the last time they did it, it took me an hour or more to set it back up. Gonna have to wait until I'm more bored than usual to go through that again.

I think it would of made a lot more people upset by not giving them a reset (something they do after every major patch) because of the vast changes to the passive tree, especially with the additions of jewels.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
6. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 11, 2015, 00:01 LiTh

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 19:04:
How do you free up inactive character names? Like I might login after a while of not playing to find my old characters have no name? You'd better be immune if you've spent money...

With the amount of leagues and vast amount of charactors a lot of people have (i have a few dozen myself) this is a good thing. If you login and it was takin you rename your char. If its important to you, take 3seconds to login and bam, its yours again.

Anyways, if anyone was on the fence before or didnt have a good experience the first time around, now is the time!

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support
9. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support Jul 10, 2015, 16:03 LiTh

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 13:21:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:03:
Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 09:13:
Its a meh game. Like Gal Civ 2 was a meh game.

Luckily you said this at the beginning and I wasnt required to read further.

And yet you still took time out to comment. Thanks for reading!!

Its not a knock against you, its just the fact that i really enjoyed GalCiv2 so the fact that you didnt enjoy it brought home the point faster then anything else you could of said.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 16:02 LiTh

bobbyric wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 14:39:
descender wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 13:53:
Why is anyone be running the 32bit client on 64bit windows in the first place?

Why not? Most programs and drivers aren't going to utilize more than 4gb of RAM. So 64 bit is absolutely meaningless except for the biggest memory hogs

Thats actually 2gb per program unless they are specifically toggled on 32bit programs

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support
6. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support Jul 10, 2015, 12:03 LiTh

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 09:13:
Its a meh game. Like Gal Civ 2 was a meh game.

Luckily you said this at the beginning and I wasnt required to read further.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 12:01 LiTh

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 11:54:
I have this sound card and seem to hit all of those variables, be interesting to see if I get banned. I regularly livestream so people can tell I'm not cheating anyway but I doubt Blizzard will accept twitch streams as evidence of anything

That combination seems like it would be quite a popular one with hundreds of thousands of people, I'd really doubt it was attributed to just that. However stranger things have happened.

News Comments > The Escapists The Walking Dead Announced
10. Re: The Escapists The Walking Dead Announced Jul 9, 2015, 18:09 LiTh

If you guys really want a GOOD 'The Walking Dead' game, then i can recommend 7 days to die. its The walking Dead meets Ark (except i think 7days has a better crafting system).  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
42. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 9, 2015, 18:04 LiTh

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 15:18:
Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:34:
Pretty much every organization I've been with (except for this one thankfully) is exactly that strict, if not more so. Sarbanes–Oxley has made life in IT much more complicated. I can't imagine any IT guys here letting us introduce that kind of security hole into the network.

The fact I've been working in the IT equivalent of pirate ships may have slightly skewed my perception.

Yarrrr! Torrents off the port bow! Full bandwidth ahead!

1831 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo