Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1737 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
71. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 06:40 dj LiTh

jimnms wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 06:16:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 23:58:
Didn't realize it until tonight, but the gog copy includes pc, mac, and linux. Pretty nice.

Doesn't Steam also have mac and Linux versions? I see system requirements for the three OSes on the store page. Did you go with GOG?

Who went with GOG and who went with Steam? If it weren't for the physical DRM free disk, I would definitely go with GOG, but until I know what kind of support the DRM free disk based version is going to get I'm going to hold off.

I was kinda hoping backers would get keys for both GoG and Steam. But admit-tingly thats probably asking for too much. I went with steam myself, but wish i had access to the GoG version as well so i could throw it on my travel laptop without having to bother with steam on it. Either way, very excited to see such a good initial impression.

So far this is my first kickstarter game to come out of three. The other two Limit Theory (i have faith on LT) and ROAM (not so much faith on this one). So we'll see.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 20, 2015, 18:42 dj LiTh

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 16:56:
Could never get into POE. Not a bad game, but in the end it does not even hold a candle to Diablo II.

Having played D2 for a decade and PoE extensively, i couldnt disagree more.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 20, 2015, 13:44 dj LiTh

Cant wait for Act4. PoE so far has over 1000 hours played by me, and i dont see that stopping anytime soon. Its the true Diablo2 sequel.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 18, 2015, 15:53 dj LiTh

DG wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 14:30:
LgFriess wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:46:
Well looks like it's finally time for a full new system build. Skylake, 390x/Nvidia equivalent, Windows 10, 21:9 monitors all hopefully being available this summer/fall.

My first thought was that it's opportunity to upgrade. I have a 2500K oc to 4.2ghz for way too long now. I've been periodically checking the cpu benches but I'm yet to see any significant gains (admittedly comparing current oc to stock, because I don't want to upgrade on the assumption of achieving a good oc).

Q550 with 4gb though...

I have a OC'd (4.6ghz) 2500k myself, and i gotta say....i'm not even entertaining the idea of upgrading the CPU. Sure Its been maxed out by poorly programmed games, but i dont attribute that to the hardware's shortcomings. Alternatively i've not encounter a well programmed game that utilizes all cores and then becomes the bottleneck. Benchmarks and real world performance are very different beasts.

News Comments > Syndicate Free on Origin
11. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 16:03 dj LiTh

I also had very fond memories of, one of them just running around and mind controlling people (forgot what the device was called), using them as cannon fodder vs the fights vs the other agents and the survivors (there were normally none ) would be good little brainwashed consumers to do my company's evil bidding. Ahhh memories infused with childlike imagination brought so many old games to such insanely fun levels.  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
19. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 17:10 dj LiTh

When Homeworld came out and RTS being my favorite genre (at the time), I really thought it was going to usher in a new age of 3D Space RTS games. Maybe they set the bar so high back then that no one wanted to attempt it...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 18, 2015, 11:03 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 09:54:
Those things are still way too expensive.

For what you get, and compared to Apple, they are a bargain IMO.

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
4. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 11:00 dj LiTh

Make love not warcraft  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 17, 2015, 19:41 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 19:27:
Damn, that's a hell of a genesis deal!

Really great deal indeed! Jumped on it!

News Comments > Prison Architect Sells 1M
1. Re: Prison Architect Sells 1M Jan 31, 2015, 12:08 dj LiTh

Great game, already got my money's worth and then some. Highly recommended if your into old style sims  

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month
6. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month Jan 23, 2015, 11:27 dj LiTh

harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 22:49:
yeh the first one was super fuckin good

Good to hear, i'll also be picking this up when all are released (and on sale)

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
9. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 13:27 dj LiTh

For me it was all about Tie Fighter, i played Xwing and XvT but i didnt enjoy them nearly as much.  

News Comments > Steam for Linux Bug Could Cause Data Loss
1. Re: Steam for Linux Bug Could Cause Data Loss Jan 16, 2015, 21:07 dj LiTh

Thats a pretty serious complaint right there...  

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
36. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 11:49 dj LiTh

I'm personally looking forward to it. I like the changes to the start menu, the win8 style file transfers, and native support for multiple desktops (bout time!). I guess i'm in the minority though.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Double Dragon Trilogy
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Double Dragon Trilogy Jan 16, 2015, 07:19 dj LiTh

Task wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 21:30:
Wow, lol. I remember playing this on the original Nintendo and it always fkn crashed.

Maybe you didnt blow hard enough on your cartridge, cause mine was rock solid stable

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
17. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 12:07 dj LiTh

I still havent forgiven CA what they did to Rome2, and i really really tried to like it...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2015, 11:51 dj LiTh

Hammer wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 20:45:
Manning rarely beat Brady at Foxboro, and never in the playoffs.

That Manning win vs Brady in the AFC Championship was at Indianapolis...

That said - same as with Brady after that KC game this year, I'd wait before we all think that Manning is over the hill.

Ah your right, so long ago i thought it was in Foxboro but on looking it up it was indeed in Indy Brady Vs Manning Rivalry

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 09:19 dj LiTh

I've been a Colts fan pretty much ever since the Rams left LA. I have a lot of respect for Peyton Manning. First off, he has won in Foxboro (quite a few times). One of the most memorable was a come from behind victory in the last second, which coincidentally was the year he won his SB ring vs the Bears.

He didnt look himself, not only physically but mentally. He wasnt adjusting his line to the defense, wasnt changing play calls and was not doing his no-huddle offense that he seemed to perfect during his career. That said the Colts defense really stepped up, and that should not be overlooked.

I really hope that was not Peyton's last game, and if it was then he will go down as one of the greats. As for Brady next week, as a Colts fan, that is our rivalry. So probably a be careful what you wish for, but i'm glad were going to go play in Foxboro. We're the underdogs, and I like being in that position, makes victory all the more sweeter.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 03:12 dj LiTh

I'm personally waiting to get a 970 or 980 with 8gb ram (only the 4gb variety are available now), and then going completely crazy (but tastefully) with a ultimate modded skyrim play through. I've yet to try any of the big DLC's even. Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 04:30 dj LiTh

I agree that this can be a game changer, especially ESPN and ESPN2, finally! The real detail that will make or break this IMO is if its region locked. There's a lot of expats and an even greater number of english speakers that dont live in the States that would absolutely love to have access to its entertainment through a legitimate route.  

1737 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo