Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1756 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III in May
6. Re: Galactic Civilizations III in May Apr 23, 2015, 02:17 dj LiTh

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 22:33:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 21:27:
Just wish someone would look at MOO 2 and improve on that. I did not really like gal civ 2 so I doubt this one will fix the problems I had with it.

Check out Star Drive 2. While Zero, the dev, is still tweaking and balancing based on community feedback, it is very much the spiritual remake of MOO2 including GNN.

Thats exactly what someone said about zero and star drive1 right before he abandoned it...i still have a sour taste in my mouth from zero and his empty promises...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 21:16 dj LiTh

Whiskers wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 20:08:
We need as many warhammer games as it takes to get a good one!

Keep lookin...

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III in May
1. Re: Galactic Civilizations III in May Apr 22, 2015, 21:08 dj LiTh

I loved Galciv2, but i dont have much faith in Stardock as of late. I hope i'm wrong, and this turns out to be a worthy successor.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 10:47 dj LiTh

Quinn wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 10:46:
dj LiTh wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 10:25:
Can anyone who bought this and has a vidcard with only 1gb of vram chime in on the performance? I'm waiting for the next revision of maxwell to come out (980gtx ti or whatever they'll call it) before upgrading my super ancient insanely overclocked 460gtx SLI setup (which really still handles everything just fine).

I'm on the fence if i should just wait to grab this and the card at the same time like 6-8 months down the road or just buy GTA5 now. Part of me thinks if i get it now, i might spoil the experience with lower textures.

You will spoil it. No doubt in my mind. Not a single second. If one game is VRAM heavy, it's GTA5.

I thought as much. Thanks for the input!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 10:25 dj LiTh

Can anyone who bought this and has a vidcard with only 1gb of vram chime in on the performance? I'm waiting for the next revision of maxwell to come out (980gtx ti or whatever they'll call it) before upgrading my super ancient insanely overclocked 460gtx SLI setup (which really still handles everything just fine).

I'm on the fence if i should just wait to grab this and the card at the same time like 6-8 months down the road or just buy GTA5 now. Part of me thinks if i get it now, i might spoil the experience with lower textures.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 10:17 dj LiTh

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:22:
A water pipline is actually a pretty good idea. If they can do it for oil, why the fuck not for fresh water?

Bong and Dabs? What? Who said that?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 09:31 dj LiTh

Gonna wait on this as well. I dont think 1gb of vram will suffice, so i'm not going to even try. I was in the market for a 970, that i eventually wanted to SLI...but the memory issues (they maybe fine for 1 card but it would gimp an SLI setup) has me waiting for either a fix or to save a bit more and grab a 980.

Enjoy guys! Looks great

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
32. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 12, 2015, 07:40 dj LiTh

Vio wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 03:41:
Tried it this morning, and I like it. One thing that did bother the hell out of me though is the first time I returned to where my town portal was supposed to be in town... AND IT WAS GONE! Bleh.

Playing with a witch atm. don't know if that negates what is being referred to as clunky or not. I remember trying this game long long ages ago when it was in alpha/beta for like 5 minutes and decided it was too clunky, I did not get that impression this time.

Ya, the instances close if noones been in for like 10-15mins or something like that. If you pop in tho, you can refresh it. Best to get to a travel way point while your still leveling before you quit. Glad you enjoy it!

20. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 18:35 dj LiTh

Krovven wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 18:19:
dj LiTh wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 17:54:
Basically i thought it was shit cause running and attacking and spell casting was so lethargically slow.

This. That's a fundamental problem with the beginning of the game. It plays like shit and isn't fun. I've tried 2 or 3 times to get into it. I never stick with it for more than a few hours.

Whereas D3 plays well and is fun from the start (subjective).

On another note, making something more complicated doesn't make it "deeper" or better. From my experience that's precisely what PoE is; more complicated, but that doesn't actually make it better. Plus the gameplay is clunky (at least at the start).

D3, I didn't think I'd like Seasons in Diablo 3 and had no intention of playing them. But with Season 2 I decided to level up a Barb and get him some gear. Had a lot of fun, came out with 2 builds and gear sets, one that could do rank 40 and the other was upper 30's. Post season 4 of us loaded up our best toons (all doing around rank 40) and we knocked out a 4 player rank 46.

Not sure how much I'll play in Season 3 (due to GTA V), but I will play something.

Agreed that the beginning of PoE is a problem, but as i said. If you put in a little bit of time into a character you will reap the benefits. Hearing you talk about character builds in d3 is just well.... laughable to me. No disrespect intended or implied. But the deeper is indeed better in PoE if you explore just how deep and well thought out it is. Anyways again cant recommend it enough. Best free 2 play game of all time, and i'll go ahead and say it.... Best ARPG of all time.

18. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 17:54 dj LiTh

Vio wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:55:
If I liked diablo 2, will I like this? Basically a average weekend of diablo 2 consisted of joining games named Baal Run 1 through 700 ;D

I wont speak for anyone else, but as far as my opinion goes. PoE is the true successor to Diablo2. Diablo3 (again just my opinion) is an ARPG with training wheels that doesnt deserve the Diablo name. D3 is a shallow kiddy pool and PoE is a vast ocean.

So, ya .... absolutely. Although i must warn you. When i first started i got to like level 8 (like an hour or two of play) and i thought the game was shit. Basically i thought it was shit cause running and attacking and spell casting was so lethargically slow. I'm so glad i gave it another chance because all those issues go away with a modicum of gear and a decent level. Game really starts getting fun at about level 25-35'ish and then scales up from there. Which you can get to in about 3 or 4 hours play time. I think most new players give up because they dont like their characters skills (which there are many many skills and ways to augment and change said skills) or they just didnt play long enough.

In the beginning the game is pretty daunting, especially the currency system (no gold, basically materials you craft with is the games currency, which is brilliant since its all actually useful on its own.

1. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 12:44 dj LiTh

So much new content in this new expansion. The socketable passive tree nodes is a big game changer. Really amazes me the depth this game offers, and all ethically free to play and absolutely no pay2win mechanic in sight.

Really cant say enough good things about GGG and PoE

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta
5. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta Apr 10, 2015, 21:38 dj LiTh

Deepjay wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:28:
dj LiTh wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 20:38:
Rome2 can stand in place of this game and everything i said is just as true.

Then I would say you're completely clueless.

So you think Rome2 is a worthy successor of Rome1? Or a step forward for the series from Medieval2 or Shogun2? Do tell...

3. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta Apr 10, 2015, 20:38 dj LiTh

Rome2 can stand in place of this game and everything i said is just as true.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
3. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 19:36 dj LiTh

Ya...i kinda hated the first two to be honest (the combat and controls were just so off putting and distracting for me) But this looks really great. Hopefully my opinion will change control wise because I really really want to like this series and i do admire CD-P RED. Great trailer  

1. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Open Beta Apr 10, 2015, 19:25 dj LiTh

After watching that preview video its pretty apparent that each release of this series (now being milked to death) is a dumbed down, less strategic, and less indepth game as the last. Only step to go after this is one of those pay2play scam games where you build a kingdom and then wait 3 hours for it to build but if you pay 99cents you can speed up building it immediately. So sad to watch my favorite strategy series go full retard.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2
13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2 Apr 10, 2015, 16:21 dj LiTh

JaguarUSF wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:01:
My Star Ruler 2 video review went up earlier this week. Funny that Star Ruler 2 and StarDrive 2 both came out about the same time.

So confusing i clicked on your link thinking it was for StarDrive2... lol

News Comments > Larian Plans Annual Releases
12. Re: Larian Plans Annual Releases Apr 10, 2015, 13:47 dj LiTh

Xero wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 09:13:
Am I the only one ...

Didnt most of this thread comment on exactly that?

News Comments > Larian Plans Annual Releases
9. Re: Larian Plans Annual Releases Apr 10, 2015, 08:59 dj LiTh

I'd love more Divinity! Personally i really prefer D:OS combat vs Pillars of Eternity  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2 Mar 30, 2015, 07:09 dj LiTh

I liked Star Ruler1, although was ticked off its development stopped in what seemed to me to be the middle, and then they announced this. So i guess i'll be waiting until Star Ruler 3 gets announced or this is patched to the communities satisfaction.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
71. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 06:40 dj LiTh

jimnms wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 06:16:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 23:58:
Didn't realize it until tonight, but the gog copy includes pc, mac, and linux. Pretty nice.

Doesn't Steam also have mac and Linux versions? I see system requirements for the three OSes on the store page. Did you go with GOG?

Who went with GOG and who went with Steam? If it weren't for the physical DRM free disk, I would definitely go with GOG, but until I know what kind of support the DRM free disk based version is going to get I'm going to hold off.

I was kinda hoping backers would get keys for both GoG and Steam. But admit-tingly thats probably asking for too much. I went with steam myself, but wish i had access to the GoG version as well so i could throw it on my travel laptop without having to bother with steam on it. Either way, very excited to see such a good initial impression.

So far this is my first kickstarter game to come out of three. The other two Limit Theory (i have faith on LT) and ROAM (not so much faith on this one). So we'll see.

1756 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo