Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
6. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 12:47 dj LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 12:43:
offering a Founder's Edition that includes beta access and a $10.00 discount or a Founder's Elite Edition that includes alpha access, though the lack of features and additional bugs carry a hefty premium, as at US$99.99 it is twice the game's eventual retail price.

Ohhhh, yeahhhh. Gotta get me some of that sweet, SWEET founder's edition cash.

I do love me some Gal Civ 2, but I hope they don't just do a rehash. It's not like a game like this benefits greatly from merely upgraded graphics.

Funny, i was just thinking as long as it has nothing in common with Fallen Enchantress (what a turd that one still is) i'd be quite happy. I'm sure there will be some good upgrades, not just in the graphics department (something stardock isnt known for anyways)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
3. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 12:38 dj LiTh

Made my day!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Windows 8 only supported for 2 years? Oct 15, 2013, 00:12 dj LiTh

DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:49:
Flatline wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:16:
DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:11:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:03:
DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:08:
Now that is funny. So Microsoft is not easing up on the push to upgrade to their latest polished turd. They are increasing the pressure on people by shortening the support time windows? It will be interesting to watch a multi-billion dollar corporation slowly kill itself by creating consumer outrage on every possible front. They will have to make a movie about the demise of Microsoft in a few years. Should be pretty good. Title of the movie? "We thought we were too big too fail, no really.".

Why would they support an operating system that has lots of updates and fixes that are not applied?

You actually make a good point now that I think about it. So I have a question for you based upon your own logical response. Why would they even support Windows 8 for 2 years once the 8.1 patch/upgrade/release is available?

If were going to use your logic we can't be selective about it now can we?

Err... because not everyone can patch on day 1? MS gives vendors a 2 year production cycle to make sure their software is compatible with Windows 8.1

Not to mention that Win8 has been out for about a year now, so total support of Win8 will be about 3 years, which sounds about right for initial release support for windows.

That's a fairly generous window considering that not much under the hood is being updated.

Sorry, I'm not seeing the logic this time. You asked me a question, "Why would they support an operating system that has lots of updates and fixes that are not applied." So once Microsoft releases a Service Pack that fixes all the issues, what else is there left to support. What do they say to the customer calling in and asking to help fix a problem they already fixed in a patch?

So what you are telling me now is that even if Microsoft releases a SP that fixes all major issues but their customer hasn't installed the Service Pack yet, that their support will do what when the customer calls in beginning for help? "Yeah, we fixed that in a patch already. So what do you want us to do now for you?".

Your story is falling off the tracks. I have become confused.

How does a company go about supporting a customer who hasn't installed a Service Pack?
It makes no sense to even say that a company is going to support an older version that has already been fixed with a Service Pack.

Your confusing two different people. Look its not really all that difficult to understand. Support is offered for 3 years without patches, because some problems can be fixed without the need for patches. After 3 years, your obligated to upgrade if you want continued support. As others have said, the lull time is also for I.T. departments to run test systems before upgrading.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Windows 8 only supported for 2 years? Oct 14, 2013, 14:03 dj LiTh

DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:08:
Now that is funny. So Microsoft is not easing up on the push to upgrade to their latest polished turd. They are increasing the pressure on people by shortening the support time windows? It will be interesting to watch a multi-billion dollar corporation slowly kill itself by creating consumer outrage on every possible front. They will have to make a movie about the demise of Microsoft in a few years. Should be pretty good. Title of the movie? "We thought we were too big too fail, no really.".

Why would they support an operating system that has lots of updates and fixes that are not applied?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
5. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 11:37 dj LiTh

Wildone wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:11:
Dunno, I'd rather they focus on huge ass capital ships I can fly all over and inside than fish tanks and FPS combat but thats just me.

This game has jack of all trades master of none written all over it.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 14, 2013, 03:02 dj LiTh

Well looking at the bright side, since Xbone and PS4 are now x86 their successors (if there are any) should be backward compatible  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins
21. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 13, 2013, 01:18 dj LiTh

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 16:17:
So you're covered, by your dad technically being the contestant. That's a hell of a lot different than just having a VPN...

True true, i'm a sneaky bastard.

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 12, 2013, 14:28 dj LiTh

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 13:36:
Unless you have a US address for them to send a Vita or whatever to, and then a way to get that out of the country and to your actual location, that's not gonna help. And I'm fairly sure they're going to put some effort into verifying you're actually a US resident before they dole out any money anyway. Your fraud becomes their fraud in the eyes of the gub'ment. It would cost them more than all the prizes put together to pay fines or process litigation on that.

U.S. Address, check.
Father with the same name as me, check.
Wouldnt be the first time, check.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 12, 2013, 13:31 dj LiTh

Guess its time to fire up my stateside vpn  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 20:29 dj LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 20:06:
On a related note, Limit Theory looks like it's coming along nicely. By my estimation watching all the progress vids, Josh is probably a good couple of years out from having a complete game. But it looks awesome, and truly unique in the way he's implementing his AI and other features.

I think it'll come out in a little over a year, maybe for next xmas. Josh is starting to focus on the universe building rather then the engine/graphics coding. One things for sure though, we'll see Limit Theory before SC

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
2. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 19:35 dj LiTh

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:10:
Where is all this money coming from?

I'd be more interested in where exactly its going, full accounting details would be nice.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2013, 19:34 dj LiTh

1badmf wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:25:
Bitch all you want about your football team - none of you signed Josh Freeman to your team!

i wouldn't be so hard on freeman. he's proven he can be a good qb in the past, and combined with the toxic environment of TB, it's really murky as to the reason for his decline. the only thing for certain is that schiano's proven to be a complete douchebag and if i were freeman i'm happy as hell i got outta there. i think he has a good chance of proving he's better than the disaster that is tampa's offense.

I agree, also just think that it could be WAY WAY WAYYYYy worse then Freeman!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 17:12 dj LiTh

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 17:10:
Hellgate wasn't bad, it just wasn't worth a subscription price. That killed it before it really got traction.

Did they ever release the new version for the US? I know another company bought it and was running it in the EU.

Not sure, maybe ItBurn can chime in on that one. But i really enjoyed it when flagship was running it, and was sad how it went out

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:54 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:35:
Whatever happened to Roper?

Thats a good question! Hadnt heard anything from him since HG:L

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:29 dj LiTh

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:19:
Axis wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:07:
Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:11:
Its a Hellgate: London clone

<runs and hides>

It's an FPS. HGL was not, it was just an action game with an FP view. From what I recall, it was autoaim - just push the button with something in the screen and it fired at it.

Borderlands requires some FPS skill. Maybe not as much as, say, Battlefield, but it requires some.

Beamer you argue about the stupidest shit and make yourself look terribly ignorant.

HGL is was always will be a First Person Shooter.

And Battlefield doesn't require keen FPS 'skill', Quake Live does.

Then that changed before release, because the original previews all mentioned that yes, it was an auto-aim game. In fact, go watch the debut trailers from E3 again - the game had a 3rd person mode. The player had a choice to play in FP or TP.

So, while this may have changed, the game was designed to be third person or first person and to be all auto-aimed. Here's the discussion on Blues from the announce. Notice people bitching about how Flagship was calling the ballistic weapons system like spell delivery and that it didn't need to be aimed.

Just because a game gives you the option for a third person camera doesnt mean that it cannot be a FPS. Also i played the game in beta and release, i never noticed anything autoaim about it. Or you could just listen to your own self.
Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2005, 20:32:
As did I. I had no clue it was an FPS.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:11 dj LiTh

Its a Hellgate: London clone

<runs and hides>

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Dropping MOBA Play
5. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Dropping MOBA Play Oct 8, 2013, 15:06 dj LiTh

Well considering the type of game it already is, i dont think its inclusion would take much of anything to do or take away from its core game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2013, 10:19 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 10:05:
Last week was brutal for the picks, thankfully next week seems like it'll settle down a bit. The only tough choices I see - Saints vs Patriots and Packers vs Ravens are pretty much flip a coin.

I dont see Saints vs Patriots as a coin flip at all. Saints by 14 easily

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced
6. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 22:36 dj LiTh

More Sleeping Dogs is always a good thing! Excellent game that i enjoyed quite a bit  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 7, 2013, 10:36 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 01:37:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 22:33:
(even limit theory /w its ONE! man team)

Two, actually. Josh hired an artist for the graphics. He does still do all the programming all by himself.

Ahh! I Stand corrected, wasnt aware he hired someone. Even still i'm amazed at his progress.

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo