Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1669 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Game of Thrones Confirmed
3. Re: Game of Thrones Confirmed Dec 8, 2013, 15:09 dj LiTh

I love this pairing of Telltale and GoT coming together! Very excited about this  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Revealed
5. Re: No Man's Sky Revealed Dec 8, 2013, 15:06 dj LiTh

This is all kinds of awesome  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2013, 12:12 dj LiTh

PHJF wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 10:54:
From VGX:

New Witcher 3 trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT3Vr4bP9Jc

Telltale developing new game in Borderlands world:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfh9ng4NJ0

Some weird-looking sci-fi exploration/flight game called No Man's Sky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pc10S0a3I

Thanks! All three looks awesome!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2013, 07:26 dj LiTh

Eh, Germany and Japan are just about as broke, if not MORE broke, than the US is. And Russia's been broke for decades.

In fact, other than China and India, I think just about everybody is broke.

Japan, yes, Germany not at all. They making out like bandits while southern europe suffers.

Eh, Germany and Japan are just about as broke, if not MORE broke, than the US is. And Russia's been broke for decades.

In fact, other than China and India, I think just about everybody is broke.

Japan, yes, Germany not at all. They making out like bandits while southern europe suffers.

News Comments > Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax
3. Re: Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax Dec 7, 2013, 11:05 dj LiTh

Lol, oh man thats pretty hillarious  

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears
5. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears Dec 6, 2013, 23:20 dj LiTh

Quinn wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 22:43:
I got TWD season 2 for 13 euros during some sale at a European site. That's just a steal.

TWAU is just perfect. I loved episode one to the max. But, as mentioned below, the times between episodes so far is ridiculous. It's so long that I will always replay the earlier episodes before starting the new one, and because of this realization I won't actually buy the game until it's either on a sale or at least 4 episodes are out.

It's the same with TV shows. Once I know I'll like a certain show, I'll wait until the season is finished before I start watching it. Reason? Like games, I watch TV shows for immersion, which is impossible to properly achieve for me by watching 40 minutes a week.

I think waiting has some merit thats not to be overlooked. Waiting for a tv show that comes out every week builds suspense and you really think about what you watched while you go about your life during the week if it was a good series/episode. It only adds to the enjoyment when you watch the next episode. As for Tell tale's two series, i agree that the wait is TOO long, although its forgiven in my mind seeing as how its much more time intensive and harder to come out with a new episode of an interactive adventure then it is a static television episode

News Comments > Wil Wheaton Joins Broken Age
4. Re: Wil Wheaton Joins Broken Age Dec 6, 2013, 23:14 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 22:13:
Now all we need is Sheldon!

Lol i was thinking the same thing

News Comments > Star Lords Early Access
23. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 23:10 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 21:00:
Hehe I was just kidding. I'll probably grab it. So far the few people that has it says it is good. Nothing on youtube yet, other than that very old footage in German.

I live in germany yet dont speak a word of german....i'm every germans nightmare lol.

@ MisterBenn i can totally relate to that. Growing up my favorite genre was multiplayer RTS and i prided myself on micromanagement. Now that i'm getting into my 30's i much rather play a cerebral TBS or single player RTS of a slower pace (like SOASE). TBS & RPG's i'm favoring more and more as i age.

20. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 20:12 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 19:59:
Why don't you pick it up and let us know Lith

Last sale wiped me out for the rest of the year and before that i want to grab up ringworld but its 30$, otherwise i would

44. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 19:21 dj LiTh

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 19:03:
So I got that 40-inch LED tv from woot a few days ago, and it was supposed to be delivered today - but this is a first for me, Fed Ex page says "Delivery Exception Local Weather Delay - Delivery not attempted"

wha!? I wonder if the truck broke down cause of the cold, cause it isn't a storm today - but it is damn cold at 1 F. Cause that message didn't come in until 2:07, so the truck had been out almost all day. Weird.

1F? FFS! I'd move if it ever got that cold wherever i was living!

18. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 19:00 dj LiTh

Now if we could just get some feedback from Star Lords players  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 15:43 dj LiTh

Stormsinger wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 14:20:
I've got a -very- strong suspicion that the coffee/beer study shows nothing at all like what the writer claims. He apparently knows nothing about science, tech, or measurements, and not much more about the English language.

"But a low concentration of caffeine, similar to the amount found in a shot of espresso, shortened telomeres, and exposure to a 5-to-7 percent ethanol solution lengthened telomeres."

A concentration is not comparable to an amount. And if you've got a 5-7% alcohol concentration in your body, you're a corpse already, so telemere lengths are rather a moot point.

I've takin a few molecular cell bio classes, and i didnt have a problem with the article. He's obviously talking about 5-7% solution in a petri dish which would then be scanned by a transmission electron microscope.

15. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 15:35 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 15:32:
Yeah sorry Lith didn't mean to shit on your parade I was just browsing on the Steam forums and saw a lot of whining about StarDrive then checked out the store page and saw a bunch of negative reviews.
It may still be an awesome game and by the sound of things TotalBiscuit also liked the beta so I may grab it on the Winter sale.
It was $8 last week.
Will probably be the same during Winter sale.

Ahhh no worries at all bro, i just wanted to set the record straight as i'm sure some reviewers have an agenda. Also i think its kinda funny that, that one reviewer played the game for over 500 hours but didnt like it? Funny stuff :). I'd say deffinitely if your feelin a 4x itch done in real time (the space battles and ship building are the best i've ever seen in a 4x game) get it when its on sale.

13. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 15:26 dj LiTh

Sorry to go off topic again, but regarding Stardrive (not Star Lords). The dev hasnt abandoned anything, the last patch was November 12th , as for me i've had a lot of fun playing it, and already got my money's worth. Its a complete game that could use more features for sure but what game couldnt use more features. Anyways i still recommend it, as its the closest MOO2 vibe you can get currently.  

6. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 12:00 dj LiTh

@Darks & InBlack might want to give Stardrive a try, its realtime and although i wouldnt say its the bee's knees it does give me that Moo2 feeling more then anything else i've ever played. Pretty fun honestly  

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
95. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 6, 2013, 09:31 dj LiTh

I agree that the inclusion of a taskbar would be a welcome addition. Metro's young, a baby. There are a lot of improvements in store for it i have no doubt. Currently though i dig 8.1 whatever floats your boat though.  

1. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 09:10 dj LiTh

Anybody have this? Would love to hear some impressions!  

93. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 6, 2013, 09:08 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 08:51:
Except for the part where you can have apps split on the side of your desktop, or use it for a full search function, or notification center for your desktop. Ya, i'm the one Cherry picking...

That doesn't really counter anything he or others have said here. Sure you can use Snap but Snap mode is a perfect example of how silly and limiting Metro is given the preset sizes and other nonsense. We've baked multitasking down to 2 apps. Searching is something we could all do before and that they arguably made worse in 8.0 through categorization of search results and only fixed in 8.1. Metro also tries to tie itself into several other parts of Windows, everything from file associations to networking. Saying that there are workarounds just misses the point.

The problem with Metro is that it isn't just a start menu replacement. I don't think anyone is that particularly fond of the start menu, it's just familiar ground with some users. The problem with Metro is that they tried to make it something akin to an environment but forgot that the rest of Windows needs to interface with it in a sensible way. Metro's full screen takeover is quite jarring for users, I've actually heard several people liken it to a virus. Traditional controls like drag and drop don't work intuitively between all applications, the UI itself is navigated in ways meant for a tablet and most importantly Metro and the Desktop feel like 2 different modes of using the same machine.

You can't really mesh unlike software interfaces and expect that people will simply adjust, people like consistency in interface design. Microsoft might have to just accept that tablets and phones are designed for different purposes than a desktop PC and design a true interface that accommodates both. In my opinion they really need to include the taskbar, its a fundamental component of Windows. Acting like we didn't just make 20+ years of progress in multitasking is ridiculous too, PCs are not phones and we don't need app suspension for everything.

For those of you with 8.1 can you launch your computer into desktop mode or do you still boot into metro and have to switch?

You can boot directly into desktop mode finally.

Ok, you just lost me here. The search function is superior in 8 vs 7, let alone 8.1. So i'm not getting that arguement at all. As for file associations and networking, the file association is as simple as it has always been to pick what you want to run what type of application or app, for instance Chrome app vs Chrome program, opening a URL. As for networking, i'm a networking guy and i've got my entire house working like clockwork between 2 win7 machines, one 2012 server, one xbmc ran on rasberry pi, and 2 win8.1's so i'm really failing to see what the problem with the networking is, as its actually gotten easier going from win7 to win8.

As for the jarring part, you've got me there, its new. Nothing much else to say about that. Although someone familar with wp8 or win rt on a tablet wouldnt have a problem. Likewise you still have the desktop unhindered with noticeable improvements to file transfering, bootup times, ssd integration, cloud support. Personally i like the power to run any app that a wp8 or winrt tablet can run and still have my desktop. As for metro, i'm a very visually oriented guy, i prefer thumbnails of webpages rather then a directory of links to read through. Its why i installed speeddial2 on chrome.

90. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 6, 2013, 08:13 dj LiTh

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 08:10:
Redmask wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 07:26:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 03:15:
I like how you just completely ignored the part about its much more time intensive and harder to launch a program buried under 4-5 menus on the old start button then it is to use the scroll wheel and click on the Icon (which you can resize).

Continue cherry picking.

No one said the start menu was better but this certainly isn't a good solution either considering that it isn't just an app launcher. I love how you completely ignored the part where I said Metro only succeeds at being an app launcher for enthusiasts. Continue cherry picking.

Except for the part where you can have apps split on the side of your desktop, or use it for a full search function, or notification center for your desktop. Ya, i'm the one Cherry picking...

89. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 6, 2013, 08:13 dj LiTh

Redmask wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 07:26:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 03:15:
I like how you just completely ignored the part about its much more time intensive and harder to launch a program buried under 4-5 menus on the old start button then it is to use the scroll wheel and click on the Icon (which you can resize).

Continue cherry picking.

No one said the start menu was better but this certainly isn't a good solution either considering that it isn't just an app launcher. I love how you completely ignored the part where I said Metro only succeeds at being an app launcher for enthusiasts. Continue cherry picking.

Ignore, double posts.

1669 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo