Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1481 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
1. Re: Limit Theory Video Nov 4, 2013, 10:05 dj LiTh

This one man dev team (two if you count his graphics guy) puts most other companies to shame! I expect great things out of this kid, also greatly looking forward to LT!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tekken PC Possibility
2. Re: Tekken PC Possibility Nov 4, 2013, 10:03 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:25:
Huh...wonder which one??? Always enjoyed them and Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur! That was by far my favorite fighting game series.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2013, 00:02 dj LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 22:03:
WarPig wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 21:43:
Yeah, I hate weeks with a lot of home underdogs. Didn't feel confident at all going in. By far my worse week so far but I have a feeling I won't be alone.
My worst weeks so far were 3 and 5 when I was .500 (8-8, 7-7). If Houston's lead holds up, and Green Bay wins tomorrow, I'll go 7-6 this week. So, not quite my worst... yet.

Annnnnndddd Houston loses. Luck's 10th 4th quarter comeback, most of any 2nd year qb of all time. Really diggin that guy leading the Colts. On a side note, i hope Houston's coach is ok.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
3. Re: Saturday Interviews Nov 3, 2013, 10:19 dj LiTh

Icewind wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:16:
Axis wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 11:17:
I can sum it up without even watching it.

Diablo 1 & 2 - innovative, fun, cutting edge.

Diablo 3 - Sham, Moneygrab, Noobbait.

PoE4L!!

I agree with all of that except for the final part. Path of Exile is rather weak and bland. If any game was a true heir to Diablo 1 and 2's legacy it was Titan Quest...or would have been, if the publisher gave a damn about it.

I love Titan Quest, but your completely wrong about PoE being weak and bland. It completely changes the currency and skill systems like no other game has that have come before it. Its act3 final boss battle rivals raid bosses in MMORPG's and it's actually has that allusive addictive quality that only diablo2 had if you give it a chance.

News Comments > Blizzard Offers Free Blackthorne
2. Re: Blizzard Offers Free Blackthorne Nov 1, 2013, 20:13 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 19:35:
Always wondered why they didn't put up WC 1 and 2 (plus expansion) for some cheap fee, and slightly rigged to run on current OSs...

True, i seem to remember a WC2 battle.net edition as well. You'd think that at the very least would be available?

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 05:00 dj LiTh

MajorD wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 18:39:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:52:
BTW, we want a Hudson pic for halloween (no costume needed!) just to celebrate her good fortune of late!

I don't know if you saw these yesterday, but Prez posted these from past Halloweens:

There's a "Misc" section in the Screenshots archive

Hudson the puppy (2001)
Hudson Halloween 2004
Gunnar the puppy (2004) Includes Hudson's infamous pink cast
Hudson's Teeth
Hudson and Gunnar Halloween 2007
Hudson and Gunnar Halloween 2008
Hudson and Gunnar Halloween 2010

Enjoy!

Those are some good lookin' pups you got there Blue. Those pics are awesome; they look like they are having fun being dressed up.

Too cool :D! thanks for that!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2013, 16:52 dj LiTh

BTW, we want a Hudson pic for halloween (no costume needed!) just to celebrate her good fortune of late!  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2013, 16:46 dj LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 15:21:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:21:
Whoa! Free market, brother. What, you some kinda commie?

See the NFL and NBA... free market and small markets can compete.

David Stern? Is that you? Cause seriously, thats not how the NBA works, even with the new CBA.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:25 dj LiTh

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:03:
Google actually protecting user's privacy?? Very strange that they would go against the groove like this. Im pleasantly surprised.

Hold your horses, they're only protecting users privacy if you arent paying for the data through its advertising program. If you are, then you get the same full range of data to make your marketing click campaign.

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
22. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 29, 2013, 04:17 dj LiTh

I'm a backer of ROAM, so maybe that skews my view a little. However the way i see it, its just a passionate dev thats putting everything he had into something, then sees a competing product coming out that was published by the same people that wanted to publish roam, and he went off the hinges. Of course in hindsight he now sees it wasnt as clear cut as all that, and the other game was in development before ROAM so now has egg on his face. Pretty clear to me. Just something for this dev and future dev's to learn from when working on their passion projects.  

News Comments > Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 Details Tomorrow
6. Re: Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 Details Tomorrow Oct 29, 2013, 04:07 dj LiTh

W00t! Cant wait for season2. Season1 was amazingly good.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 28, 2013, 09:51 dj LiTh

Well, 000 is about as many grad student grants that i give out a year  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 03:00 dj LiTh

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 23:17:
Hey folks, what all do you know about bitcoins and bitcoin mining? I figure I have 3 computers and might as well put some of that to work...

With the intro of the ASIC chips that jdreyer said and linked about, your probably not going to make enough to break even on electricity. I looked into it a few years ago, but at the time had nvidia chips instead of ati. The ASIC chips run like 100-1000 times faster then the fastest ati gpu's, also it gets harder and harder to effectively mine, even when your in those sharing groups (which is the only way you could hope to get anything from mining nowadays without an ASIC). Also your probably going to have to report it as a capital gain anymore seeing how the governments stance on it lately. So between taxes and electricity i'd say the time has past.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 23:22 dj LiTh

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 22:52:
Perfect review of PoE and seems like a reasonable score for the same ol' same ol' hack 'n slash genre that's getting tired.

Same ol'? What about their skill system, currency system, passive tree, and now the dominus boss battle (it rivals most MMORPG Raid bosses) is same ol? Clearly you havent played 1.00 poe to dominus.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 20:46 dj LiTh

@ Cutter

Here is my Boleh VPN invite URL You get i think a week free and i get a day free or some such. I'm in Germany and connect to the US VPN for streaming netflix (HD quality no stutter or lag). I also watch NFL Game Pass for free by connecting to the Netherlands VPN (People in the Netherlands get it for free, you dont have to sign up or anything with nfl.com). I'm on a 30mbit connection and typically get 25mbit connection when connecting to the States or Netherlands or any of the other dozen other countries boleh offers (think its: US east & west / canada /netherlands / luxembourg / switzerland / germany / sweden / uk / hongkong / france

Its a pretty sweet deal (and no i dont work for em). If only for the free nfl football i recommend it whole heatedly.

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
34. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 25, 2013, 00:42 dj LiTh

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 00:08:
Esoteric wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 05:51:
PoE is a great game if you're a "hardcore" action RPG fan. The mechanics are involved and complicated, allowing tons of build possibilities, through passives, skill gems, and unique gear. This is what makes it great for some people, and bad for others.

But it's free to play in its entirety. And if you like it, and have some cash to spare, send some to the devs. They're truly a good company and deserve all the credit and money they get. I suggest extra stash space as your first purchase.

Any game that doesn't allow you to own it eventually doesn't deserve to get paid for. I don't care how amazing the game is. Any money you sink into the game, the moment they decide to shut down the servers permanently that money is lost forever.

I like being able to play old games. Until there exists offline versions of F2P games when they decide to close their doors for the game I will never spend a cent on them.

Well your in luck, cause this game has ZERO pay to win mechanics. Infact after playing it i bet you'll still give them some money if you really like it just as a 'donation' to the devs. They will be working on this one for years and years. Its quite popular.

News Comments > 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced
25. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 25, 2013, 00:40 dj LiTh

Thanks for the responses guys, you learn something new everyday  

21. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 17:58 dj LiTh

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 17:53:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 15:46:
InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:36:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:33:
Well, since all 3 are x86, i really fail to see how this is a big deal.

Just because all three share the same basic architecture doesnt mean that they are the same to work on. For one thing, the operating system on the Playstation is vastly different from the one on the Xbox. There are other differences as well, so an engine that runs natively on the hardware regardless of the OS being used is, well a pretty big deal.

Ahhh IC, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not much of a programmer atm so i just thought it wouldnt be much different in compiling for one or the other.

It does make quite the difference.

Keep in mind that Windows, Linux and OSX all run on x86 chips but aren't anywhere the same to code.

Or to try a different example, think of each OS as a different language like English, Russian and Chinese. They all use the same hardware (the human mouth) but are all very different.

I was under the impression that a programming language like C++ would run on all of them.

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
32. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 15:49 dj LiTh

So far i'm level 30 on my Scion Spectral Thrower (me and 10,000 other people ) in the Nemesis HC league. Really really enjoying myself. Cant wait till i find the chance on hit and chance on kill skill runes!  

18. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 15:46 dj LiTh

InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:36:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:33:
Well, since all 3 are x86, i really fail to see how this is a big deal.

Just because all three share the same basic architecture doesnt mean that they are the same to work on. For one thing, the operating system on the Playstation is vastly different from the one on the Xbox. There are other differences as well, so an engine that runs natively on the hardware regardless of the OS being used is, well a pretty big deal.

Ahhh IC, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not much of a programmer atm so i just thought it wouldnt be much different in compiling for one or the other.

1481 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo