Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1669 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
10. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 10:59 dj LiTh

Task wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:54:
Well I knew they would get their **** together eventually.

Between overhauls on Egosoft's part and possible mod overhauls, the game might be good in giver or take 6 months to a year. Just a shame it was no where near good at release.

Can't say the same with CA and Rome 2. They would never come out and CA and say, "hey we effed up, we are going to redesign this part of the game."

Are you joking? Cause i played Rome2 last month and its vastly improved. Infact i finally feel good about it now. As for Rebirth its still in an absolutely awful state.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Announced
2. Re: StarDrive 2 Announced Feb 26, 2014, 10:44 dj LiTh

the revolutionary turn-based sequel

Maybe its my memory thats against me here, but the original stardrive was completely real time no?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 25, 2014, 18:17 dj LiTh

Maybe you guys will call me a fanboy for this, but having had a few iphones and an even greater number of androids, i recently checked out my friends nokia lumia 1020, wow just wow. In about a years time i'll be picking up a flagship nokia winphone.  

News Comments > Craig Scott Leaves CCP for Bigpoint
9. Re: Craig Scott Leaves CCP for Bigpoint Feb 25, 2014, 18:11 dj LiTh

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 16:39:
Esoteric wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 01:07:
. Are there good F2P games that are good games, don't fleece customers, and don't sell power? Yes, there are, and the number is growing.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to ask for examples here. I can't think of a single one that hasn't been eventually dragged down by the FTP shenanigans (MWO, WOT, Hawken, War Thunder, et al., I'm looking at YOU...)

Path of Exile made me totally rethink the F2P model with quality games. I personally love it.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
10. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 12:41 dj LiTh

With PoE mini expansion in a few weeks, i have zero inclination to try this.  

News Comments > EndWar Online Alpha Testing This Week
3. Re: EndWar Online Alpha Testing This Week Feb 25, 2014, 12:39 dj LiTh

I read as far as web-based, and then stopped, How bout you guys?  

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
18. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 25, 2014, 10:18 dj LiTh

tony wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 08:30:
Nvidia's shadows play is free if you have a Geforce card.

I have a 460gtx and they arent supported ( i think 5 or 600 and above only). Also i've never seen a GPU beat out a CPU when it comes to quality encoding. Also last i checked, its the GPU thats the bottleneck and not the CPU, so i rather save those precious GPU cycles for the game.

16. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 25, 2014, 00:21 dj LiTh

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:03:
dj LiTh wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 18:38:
I recommend dxtory, its level of configuration is pretty great. I've got it setup to record in avi compressed format with about a 4-5fps loss, at really clear quality. 1 hour = about 10gb which is pretty awesome.

Same here, using the h264vfw codec which is fantastic

Also using that codec, very happy with it

7. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 18:38 dj LiTh

I recommend dxtory, its level of configuration is pretty great. I've got it setup to record in avi compressed format with about a 4-5fps loss, at really clear quality. 1 hour = about 10gb which is pretty awesome.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 23, 2014, 19:04 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 17:58:
Yet they're not lowering the price for consumer versions and they wonder why people won't adopt. I'd still be on Vista if Darks hadn't given me a Win7 key. And I sure as shit don't intend on needlessly givng MS $100 every 3 years when I have an OS that already does what I need. Now, it they were selling them for $15 yeah I'd take the plunge and so would everyone else. But that would make sense though.

First few months of win8 they were selling it for 15$, thats why i took the plunge. Honestly i like it, but i'm in the minority there.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2014, 11:37 dj LiTh

Banished is pretty damn good, especially for an indy title. I really hope its expanded upon even more in the future with expansions. Older i get, more i enjoy a nice relaxing city sim game.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Feb 20, 2014, 20:56 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:02:
Any of you Rome II people in on this new Hegemony Rome yet? You likin it? Lookin' forward to it?

Havent tried it, but i have gone back to Rome2 after not playing it more then a few days after it was released (what a disappointment at the time!). I'm really digging and feeling like i'm finally getting my money's worth from rome2 (finally! yay)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 17:32 dj LiTh

PHJF wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:56:
Just about had it with HDMI when I finally found the solution to my (enormous, migraine-inducing) problem, a problem which manifested immediately after going from a GTX460 to a GTX760.

As long as I've owned this card and regardless of updates to Windows and/or display drivers, multiple displays have NEVER functioned correctly. It extends the desktop when I don't want it to, fucks with my desktop icon placement, never fucking remembers which is the main display, or randomly refuses to even acknowledge my receiver is on and I'd like to USE MY FUCKIN SPEAKERS. The absolute worst offense was, with stunning regularity, Windows getting "stuck" in extended desktop mode and refusing to enable/disable particular displays, requiring a reset to remedy.

And the fucking solution?

A piece of tape. A tiny little piece of tape used to cover up pin #19 on the HDMI cable, the shitty little worthless cunt of a pin whose sole lot in life is to carry "event" (like, say, power on or off) signals between devices. I'm not sure what would be so god damn difficult for some asshole at nvidia or some even bigger asshole at Microsoft to look into and FIX this on the SOFTWARE END, but no, I'm stuck here solving 21st century problems with tiny pieces of tape.

So its microsoft and nvidia's fault for a faulty hdmi cable that they didnt make?

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2014, 07:45 dj LiTh

The forums going down really makes you appreciate them that much more. I think i didnt spend 1/100th the time on the site w/o the comments being up, just glanced at the headlines and off i went..

Thanks Frans!

News Comments > Blackguards: Untold Legends and Patch Next Month
4. Re: Blackguards: Untold Legends and Patch Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 07:43 dj LiTh

So far i like the game, but i've gotten to a part that seems impossible to pass unless i backtrack like 3 or 4 missions (which i dont have a save for), which is disappointing as i've enjoyed my time with the game thus far.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
16. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 4, 2014, 19:12 dj LiTh

gray wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 09:36:
Task wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:31:
For the comment about Rebirth. Basically the only thing that would "fix it" is if the Developers literally release an expansion that just redoes the game.

That is what I'm hoping, Civ5 comes to mind as something that has been turned around.

Although Civ5 was in a much more functional and playable state then Rebirth was in. I'm not sure you can compare the two, since ones launch was a disaster and the others was pretty decent

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 4, 2014, 11:31 dj LiTh

DukeFNukem wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 23:03:
Windows 8 growh falters??? I am in complete shock. How can that be? Oh wait...that's right....it's a ****ing tablet operating system released for a desktop. They sent me a little boy to do a mans job. And still they slowly back pedal by releasing little tidbits of desktop functionality in the Windows 8.1 Update 1 release. Hey Microsoft. Man UP bitches. You ****** UP royally. Put on your big boy pants, admit it, and get done what needs to be done in Windows 9. Just like politicians, wanna pretend nothing is wrong, that they made no mistakes, and keep running the train down the same damn dead end track like nothing is wrong. Man up BITCHES!!!! Stop putting band-aids on Windows 8. Give the world what it wants a full blown fully functional desktop. Not some gay ass purple tiles for chimpanzees.

You mad bro?

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
7. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 14:10 dj LiTh

I backed 3 kickstarters, and this is by far the one i'm the most excited about (others being Eternity & ROAM)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 23:55 dj LiTh

mag wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 22:14:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 18:55:
Prez wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 17:12:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:53:

Drug od at 46? Hows that legal argument now?

So if someone commits suicide with a gun should those be illegal too? I am extremely libertarian when it comes to individual rights, so yes, I absolutely think drugs should be legal.

It's funny you should mention that. The majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides. Countries with much stricter gun laws (i.e. Japan, UK, Australia) have not only lower gun deaths, but also lower suicide rates. Guns just make it way to easy with no chance of reversal, unlike other methods of suicides.

Prohibition of drugs, on the other hand simply hasn't worked over the past 40 years, despite billions of dollars and tens of thousands of law enforcement personnel applied.

I'm for what is proven to work. Decriminalization of drugs appears to work, at least it has in Portugal and in other "experiments." It's a model to emulate. As for guns, I'm under no illusions that we'll get gun ownership rates as low as countries like Japan, nor will we make gun ownership laws as strict as that either. But unlike drugs, restricting guns has worked in other countries to reduce both homicides and suicides.

I don't think overall suicide rates are correlated very strongly with gun laws.

Wikipedia

Japan has a far greater suicide rate, the UK's is only slightly lower than the US's, Canada (with more permissive gun laws) has a lower rate than the UK...

Interesting thing to note about Japans high suicide rate is that apparently its very wide spread for their police force to site suicide in murder cases that remain unsolved so as to save face.

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
10. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 29, 2014, 06:34 dj LiTh

I have no idea what you guys are talking about for crashing, i have two 460's and have used every beta and whql driver that came out in the last year, with the exception of a few beta drivers that had weird game issues i've never encountered full on crashing like described. So its clearly not every card or system.  

1669 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo