Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1481 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 22:46 dj LiTh

fiftykyu wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:45:
Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 18:58:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:26:
Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:
Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?

Cause its cheaper and you get a 6$ GMG credit. Some people like to save money, and its working now btw.

If by 'saving' you mean you saved enough for half a latte at Starbucks then I'll pay the extra couple of bucks for convenience since I already have a Stream account.

Umm, not to spoil your fun, but it's a Steamworks game. Buy directly from Steam, or buy the game elsewhere, you'll only be playing on Steam. So I'll take the convenience and the discount, thank you very much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 10:26 dj LiTh

Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:
Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?

Cause its cheaper and you get a 6$ GMG credit. Some people like to save money, and its working now btw.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 09:56 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:50:
At the moment everyone who bought it from GMG is having trouble with it launching the expansion, rather it downloads the 4gb patch and just launches the old EU. Steam forums not happy campers at the moment. From what i've read it works for some and not for others, but it doesnt work for anyone who bought outside of steam and especially GMG customers.
I did see gmg posted something on twitter this morning regarding this.
Edit here it is:
XCOM: Enemy Within - Download Issue 12th Nov. 2013 *Updated*
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us about this. We are aware of a download issue for XCOM: Enemy Within that some customers are experiencing and we are in contact with 2K regarding this issue. Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA for a resolution as this is outside of our control, but will update customers as soon as we have more information.

We thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
GMG

*UPDATE* 12th November 2013 14:51

We now believe this issue to be resolved. We would advise that you restart Steam before attempting to download again. If you continue to have issues with the download, please let us know by contacting Customer Support.
Again, we thank you for your patience while this was resolved.
Thanks,
GMG Team.

Ya, i think they litterally just fixed it as i posted. I just tried validating my files cache and it failed (passed the last 3 times i tried it in the last hour). So looks like now its downloading 7gb more of data....yay!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 09:54 dj LiTh

Having grown up in the states, and now living in europe, the date always throws me off when i'm looking at expiration dates of certain groceries. Just too used to the good ol' states way of doing things. I still convert temperatures into Fahrenheit all the time as well, even though i'm pretty use to celsius by now.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 09:50 dj LiTh

At the moment everyone who bought it from GMG is having trouble with it launching the expansion, rather it downloads the 4gb patch and just launches the old EU. Steam forums not happy campers at the moment. From what i've read it works for some and not for others, but it doesnt work for anyone who bought outside of steam and especially GMG customers.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 12, 2013, 09:02 dj LiTh

Just read that X Rebirth will be released for NA and EU on the same day, the 15th! So rejoice my vpn challenged friends Link  

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
35. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 20:56 dj LiTh

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 18:15:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 17:34:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 10:27:
Uh, in WC2 the two sides were IDENTICAL until castle phase, and then bloodlust was the only significant difference between Horde and Alliance.

And why is this a big project, Blizzard? WC1 works great in DosBOX, and WC2 still works out of the box, last time I checked.

Actually no, thats not true. Units that were the same tier had different hp and different attack damage. In WC1 it was identical, so check again.

Sorry, you're the one who is misremembering. Here are the unit lists from WC2 to include theirs stats:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/199259-warcraft-ii-tides-of-darkness/faqs/1871
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/199259-warcraft-ii-tides-of-darkness/faqs/1874

Note the IDENTICAL statistics between equivalent units. The ONLY difference between sides was with spell casters and the Ranger vs. Berserker, all of which only became unlocked in the Castle tier. Everything else is identical. IDENTICAL. This in fact was one of the reasons I preferred Red Alert at the time: two VERY distinct sides with unique playstyles.

Hmmm, looks like i was wrong, kudos. Not sure why i was thinking wc2 had different unit stats and wc1 had the same... :/ Anyways still have fond memories of both wc1 and wc2

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
27. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 17:34 dj LiTh

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 10:27:
Uh, in WC2 the two sides were IDENTICAL until castle phase, and then bloodlust was the only significant difference between Horde and Alliance.

And why is this a big project, Blizzard? WC1 works great in DosBOX, and WC2 still works out of the box, last time I checked.

Actually no, thats not true. Units that were the same tier had different hp and different attack damage. In WC1 it was identical, so check again.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2013, 10:24 dj LiTh

XCOM: Enemy Within on ....  

7. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 10:23 dj LiTh

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 10:13:
The original Warcraft remains my favourite in the franchise. I thought each subsequent version lost some of the character that defined the original game. Part of that was due to ever lower unit caps.

Nothing beat using peasants / peons to cut paths through the trees, as it allowed for resources to be used as tactics. Same with summoning elementals, which were immensely powerful but had to be used carefully due to their limited summon time.

However, I can't imagine wanting to go back to it without a significant update of the graphics and UI.

WC1 was my first multiplayer pc game ever. But i totally disagree, besides the caster units both sides were cookie cutter exactly the same except for the textures. WC2 is where things really advanced RTS gaming.

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
5. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 10, 2013, 17:40 dj LiTh

Same, no problem with my razor deathadder on 8.1  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 15:35 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 15:19:
Rigs wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 15:00:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 14:53:
I've canceled my pre order on it. Will read some reviews first.

*Gasp* Oh, knife to the heart! Geez, you cancelled you're pre-order?! In God's name, why?! This is going to be the best X yet! I wish I had signed the NDA for the beta team when the time came but I missed it. Even if it's a little buggy, I can't see Rebirth being any worse than the best damn space-combat/trading sim around! Honestly, Egosoft should get all the support they can cause, at the moment, they're pretty much the only ones, commercially, holding up the space-sim genre. (Yes, there are Indie titles out and coming and of course, the big gun's Elite and Star Citizen in two years or so, but right now, there's nothing out there that can touch X)

=-Rigs-=
Won't have much time to play the game for the next 2 weeks anyways. Figured I might as well cancel it for now and wait for the reviews/patches then pick it up later when I can actually play it. I want to see how they've changed the game to make it a bit n00b friendly to get into it. The previous X titles were not that easy in that department.
Hopefully X Rebirth is not just for the fans of the previous games but for newcomers as well.
But the decision to cancel was really only due to lack of time available to play it right now.

Ah HAH! So thats why Rebirth isnt in the top 10 Anyways i hear ya, but from everything i've seen its gone out of its way to be newcomer friendly with its changes. I'll report back after i spend a few days with it (ok ok a few hours with it)

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 14:53 dj LiTh

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:29:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 12:44:
Here's a link to donate to the storm victims in the Philippines if your so inclined via the red cross. Thoughts go out to those people!

Any other options outside of Red Cross? I don't give money to them or United Way.

Honestly i dont know, i'm always worried about all the scams that go around whenever a disaster hits trying to get the donation money i always just opt for red cross personally.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 12:44 dj LiTh

Here's a link to donate to the storm victims in the Philippines if your so inclined via the red cross. Thoughts go out to those people!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2013, 11:28 dj LiTh

Ladron3dfx wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 00:04:
Path of Exile

I'm givin' this a shot. Takin' forever to DL. I hope it's good. Smiley

I recommend playing atleast two different style charactors to atleast 30-40lvl range. First time i tried PoE, i played 1 char to like level 20, immediate uninstall. Gave it another chance, and now its one of my favorite games in quite a long time!

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
9. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 06:56 dj LiTh

I assume this is about Heroes and not Hearthstone, and just the text is wrong. Anyways going along that, i know the MOBA genre is oversaturated, but if any new MOBA can dethrone LOL or Dota2 its gonna be this. Also i didnt see any starcraft heroes in there, which i'd be all over if they were...  

8. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 9, 2013, 06:43 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 19:11:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:01:
Just connect to steam with a euro ip, its what i do with 99% of all the releases that come out but vpn to the states (in germania).

Its the exact opposite situation for me with Xcom Enemy Within, and you can be damn sure i'm unlocking that puppy as soon as its unlockable

May I ask what VPN specifically you are using?

Boleh VPN

It has connections to USA/Canada/Netherlands/UK/Germany/Switzerland/Luxembourg/Sweden/France/Hong Kong

the company is based out of Malaysia, they also do not keep ip connection details, and several users share the same ip when connecting, which makes it almost impossible to track someone down for something just like say torrenting (which is a big no no in germany btw where i am...). I've had no problems with Netflix and unlocking anything on steam. I'm on a 30mbit down 10mbit up connection and i get a steady 25-30 down and 10 up, just about anywhere i connect. Up until NFL turned it off for everybody i was getting free NFL game pass by connecting to the netherlands (but once it hit week 9 they stopped the freebies for netherlands/new zealand etc. the countries that didnt have an nfl deal) I'm guessing they'll turn it back on next year for the 1st half of the season.

If your interested here's my sign up link: bolehvpn i'll get some free time and so will you (wont cost any different for you, if you do or dont use it, just more free time).

Anyways i really recommend it, they've been excellent.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 9, 2013, 06:35 dj LiTh

To those saying this isnt Pay2win, clearly are blocking out d3 and its RMAH from memory. Its the same scheme.  

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
15. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 8, 2013, 16:08 dj LiTh

Heh....if you guys arent already tone deaf of the high speed wines of a gpu fan running at 100% then your doing it wrong.  

6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 16:01 dj LiTh

Just connect to steam with a euro ip, its what i do with 99% of all the releases that come out but vpn to the states (in germania).

Its the exact opposite situation for me with Xcom Enemy Within, and you can be damn sure i'm unlocking that puppy as soon as its unlockable

1481 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo