Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1672 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2014, 08:02 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:58:
This Amazon FireTV thing looks ballin. Hulu, Netflix, Instant Video and it runs Android so I can probably run XBMC and get all of my local content too. Could finally be a true all in one HTPC. Quad core CPU, 2GB of memory, remote, etc. Not bad for $99, its ability to run XBMC will be the deal breaker for me since I want something that does local content too.

Edit: oh right link - http://gizmodo.com/amazons-fire-tv-everything-you-need-to-know-1556889628

I'm in the exact same boat as you, its all hinged on XBMC, if it runs it (dont see why it couldnt since its android based) then its game on!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 3, 2014, 07:59 dj LiTh

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 00:08:
ForgedReality wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 23:39:
It's funny that in order for anyone to start using it, they have to give it away for free. XD

My big fear here, though, is where will they then get their revenue from? It's only losing like $10 or $20 per device, I think, but I don't know if I trust wherever else they'll find that revenue.

If Microsoft stopped selling every product it has today it would still be fine just based off of its patents alone. Also Windows was never its primary money maker, i believe office blows it out of the water in revenue (and almost always has)

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
13. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 13:54 dj LiTh

Video has been taken down by user?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2014, 18:48 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 16:34:
Welp, 4 hours in and much like Loverboy, I'm lovin' every minute of it. It's got 'one-more-turn'itis' written all over it. Had to force myself to quit so I could get some work done, heh. Visually it's a treat, and it really seems to be - so far - the best of HoMM meets Civ. So yeah, at this point I give it a hearty thumbs up.

Cool! Really glad to hear it. I need more TBS in my life

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Mar 31, 2014, 14:39 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 11:32:
Krovven wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 18:19:
This is extremely old news. This is exactly the reason Humble changed the way the redemption of games works in the account management screen, what like 6 months ago? Instead of giving serial numbers to be activated (that could be resold), you have to enter your Steam info and assign the games to the account. Or gift them directly to a friend to be activated on their account.

While the linked article is scummy, I'm not all that thrilled about (apparently, if I understand you correctly) having to give my Steam login credentials to a third party website?

I assume (as its been atleast 6months since my last humble bundle purchase) that you just tell them your steam user name and thats it. But i'm just guessing here, it could be that it just makes too much sense.

News Comments > Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG
10. Re: Shards Online: Player-Run MMORPG Mar 31, 2014, 14:37 dj LiTh

Ex UO devs? I'm interested!  

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
50. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 30, 2014, 09:20 dj LiTh

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 02:27:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:06:
Zanderat1 wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 10:59:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 07:00:
Free?! What's the catch?

You just have to install Origin!

Sorry, too risky a venture.
I don't get this. How is Origin any different from STEAM?

In my case, most of my games are already on steam and i dont want to deal with the fragmentation, also although valve isnt a top of my list, it certainly is a buttload higher then EA. Thats pretty much it.
Don't want to deal with fragmentation? So you don't have Uplay either?

The best part of having multiple game folders and clients is that you often discover games you bought but forgot about, it's like Xmas every month lol

Or the realisation that you *may* have a games on special buying problem... nah

UPlay gets installed/uninstalled on a as needed basis. Steam is pretty much always installed. Other then that GoG has my back

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Announced
7. Re: Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Announced Mar 30, 2014, 09:18 dj LiTh

Had a LAN party with a few buddies last weekend, CoH1 was indeed broken out. Eventually it got replaced by Men of War Assault squad (that steam sale coldnt of come at a better time). Never had any interest in CoH2 after seeing people who loved the first game meh about CoH2  

News Comments > TUG Early Access
3. Re: TUG Early Access Mar 29, 2014, 11:32 dj LiTh

Cool, i'm intrigued  

48. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 15:06 dj LiTh

Zanderat1 wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 10:59:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 07:00:
Free?! What's the catch?

I don't get this. How is Origin any different from STEAM?

In my case, most of my games are already on steam and i dont want to deal with the fragmentation, also although valve isnt a top of my list, it certainly is a buttload higher then EA. Thats pretty much it.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
28. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2014, 15:04 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 11:54:
From now on people write the whole damn name of the game you are referring to, to avoid confusion on an already really confused Blues forum!

Hahah true, this thread went over my head

23. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2014, 11:11 dj LiTh

NKD wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 10:54:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 09:32:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 07:05:
Different dev? Who is this different dev you speak of?
SotS2 was developed by Ironclad
Gal Civ3 is developed by Stardock

SotS2 was made by Kerberos... You're thinking of Sins of a Solar Empire.

Now i'm even more confused, because no i wasnt thinking about Sots2, i was thinking Elemental was being referred to, which to my knowledge is the same dev. Stardock.

Anyways, even if the game looks exactly like galciv2 (which it does, but hey its alpha) and only expands gameplay just a little bit then i'll be happy. I wonder though if Brad and his team still have 'it' because galciv2 really was their last good game IMO (i dont count Sins expansion, since it only added a few things).

17. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2014, 07:05 dj LiTh

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 22:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 22:14:
...so you're not smart enough to follow the logic that buying a space based RTS sight unseen from a developer that hasn't done a real space based 4X game in 8 years yet seems to be promising the moon is a bad idea?

And you don't see how that correlates to pre-order customer from SotS II, which also promised the moon, and how those same players were fucked royally for two years solid?

Oh, yeah, "Early Access"...except in every shitty "Early Access" titles, there are always the mouthpieces and white knights that plead "But it'll get better" and it so rarely does.

Since it's a completely different developer no it doesn't correlate. Unless you're trying to claim that somehow a different developer screwing up a game has eternally doomed an entire genre to the same fate?

Different dev? Who is this different dev you speak of?

38. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 07:00 dj LiTh

Free?! What's the catch?

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
13. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 23:35 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:13:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:09:
I like this pairing, paradox is aces in my book.

Clearly you didn't buy SOTS 2 and suffered their bullshit refund offer that was tainted by deceit and lies. Stranding us who believed in Paradox's word with neither refund nor working game.

Yeah, aces alright

Or how about dropping Support for Sengoku after 4 patches despite promising us that it will be supported for "years" ... funny how trust works in this business huh...

To me, Paradox is a worse publisher than EA.

Its true i didnt But for the strategy games i have played that paradox published i've been for the most part happy with their quality

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
6. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:12 dj LiTh

For the monk i think the shield is needed for the defensive attributes. For other chars say a DH i think its much better to go a 2h slower bow to kite enemies more efficiently, as when you stop to attack you'll hit much harder.  

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
1. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 10:09 dj LiTh

I like this pairing, paradox is aces in my book.  

News Comments > Unity 5 Announced
14. Re: Unity 5 Announced Mar 19, 2014, 01:20 dj LiTh

Looks good, onward and upward.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 12:43 dj LiTh

I also have a good portion of irish blood in me and i always kind of found it a bit flattering as everyone on that day wants to be irish (or at least drink like a stereotypical one). Although i can see why you wouldnt like it as a bartender.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 11:21 dj LiTh

I miss St. Patricks day celebrations in the states, they hardly celebrate it here in europe (ireland excluded of course). I remember when i was visiting some english friends near london, this was the only day they didnt want to go out drinking.  

1672 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo