Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1481 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Telltale's Game of Thrones Game?
23. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 23, 2013, 03:04 dj LiTh

saluk wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 02:09:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:30:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 02:08:
Hopefully it follows TWD format and is based on the books and not the TV series.

So i've watched all 3 seasons, and liked it so much i started in on the books. I've finished the first one and i'm halfway through the second. Now honestly besides 1 or 2 very minor parts/scenes i'm suprised just how accurate the show actually is. Maybe it happens later in book 2 or comes down to the first half of book 3 for season 3 but the show is pretty damn faithful to the books as far as i've read. So i dont know why i keep seeing people say this about the book/show comparison...

As with any art... it exists in the mind. The impression you get is a subjective view of the objective artifact. Some people like you are going to have a similar internal representation generated from either media, while others are going to get something that diverges more. TV though is a little more objective than books - so when you went from the show into the books, you are being guided by the shows perceptions. Someone who has read and reread the books many times over the last 15 years going into the show, and being forced to view it with someone else's perceptions, is going to experience it differently.

I think they did a stupendous job myself. There are things about the show I like much better in fact.

Thats a great point and also very true. When i was reading the books i kept imagining the tv actors saying/doing what i was reading. Which was pretty great i must admit, as the show is loaded with great actors and actresses.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Nov 22, 2013, 21:31 dj LiTh

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 20:21:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:41:
Oculus Rift Day One: Neck is really soar
Day two: Playing through the pain
Day three: Neck is starting to grow at an exponential rate
Day four: Lost the ability to turn my head
Day five: ebayed my Oculus Rift

Sounds like you have it all figured out except one thing. Don't buy it to start with.

Couldnt you gather from my post that i never intended to buy it in the first place?

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting
35. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 16:59 dj LiTh

Zyrxil wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 16:06:
RTwP vs TB- the ultimate RPG geek clash. Suck it, RT losers! Combat was easily the worst part of Infinity Engine and Electron Engine games. Temple of Elemental Evil combat engine should be the ideal to strive for.

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:37:
They should honestly have both as an option to the player.
Oh yeah, cause that worked out great for Arcanum. Unless you're creating two completely different combat systems, all with its own abilities, then having the option for both will never result in combat that is even remotely balanced or well-designed.

@Zyrxil & Scottish

I suppose neither of you played Xcom Apocalypse? That game did have many short comings but its combat system was pretty awesome. You could have your standard turn based system which was just the same as any other previous Xcom game (1&2) or you could play Real time /w pause. It gave you the best of both worlds. I remember it to this day for that feature alone, the rest of the game meh.

So yes, it can be done correctly and it can appease both camps if done right.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Nov 22, 2013, 13:41 dj LiTh

Oculus Rift Day One: Neck is really soar
Day two: Playing through the pain
Day three: Neck is starting to grow at an exponential rate
Day four: Lost the ability to turn my head
Day five: ebayed my Oculus Rift

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of Venice: Beyond the Sea
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of Venice: Beyond the Sea Nov 22, 2013, 13:38 dj LiTh

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:13:
Rather pricey for an add on. About double the price of usual DLC.

Well they are calling it an expansion, in which case its pretty spot on price wise. As for me, i played it at a friends and didnt care for it at all. Which is sad because i had hope for this one

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting
20. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 13:37 dj LiTh

They should honestly have both as an option to the player.  

19. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 22, 2013, 13:30 dj LiTh

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 02:08:
Hopefully it follows TWD format and is based on the books and not the TV series.

So i've watched all 3 seasons, and liked it so much i started in on the books. I've finished the first one and i'm halfway through the second. Now honestly besides 1 or 2 very minor parts/scenes i'm suprised just how accurate the show actually is. Maybe it happens later in book 2 or comes down to the first half of book 3 for season 3 but the show is pretty damn faithful to the books as far as i've read. So i dont know why i keep seeing people say this about the book/show comparison...

News Comments > Team Fortress 2: A Tale of Two Cities Update
2. Re: Team Fortress 2: A Tale of Two Cities Update Nov 22, 2013, 00:04 dj LiTh

Task wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 21:31:
Can Valve throw us a HL3 bone for once?

They'd prolly have to have atleast 1 person working on it for that to happen

8. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 21, 2013, 22:32 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 22:16:
A chapter about incest with Cersei or GTFO!

Press enter to....errr uhm...nevermind...

1. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 21, 2013, 21:23 dj LiTh

Yes please!  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 dj LiTh

Umbragen wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 12:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 11:25:
RE: Star Trek. Uh... make a better game next time?

Nope, not possible. Star Trek games suck, it's a law of nature or part of the Matrix or even Heisenberg's (little known) Certainty principle: If Star Trek and Game are in close proximity the outcome can be determined with absolute certainty.

After breaking bad, i wouldnt say that heisenberg's certainty principle is little known anymore...

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
34. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 13:01 dj LiTh

Rea1One wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 11:03:
Runs smooth as on my system!

NamecaF wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 00:58:
Anything after 320.49 is completely unstable for my GTX 460s.
Maybe it's time to upgrade from that ancient tech.

At the moment, the only thing i wish my 460's had was more vram as in a few games (skyrim /w tons of graphics mods) it hits the 1gb mark. That aside there's nothing i cant run with my 460's in SLI mode and get 50+ fps in, also they are overclocking champs. One 460 can attain almost 480 like performance, which honestly isnt that far off from a 670 in performance.

27. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 02:12 dj LiTh

NamecaF wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 00:58:
I really wish they would get their fucking act together and release drivers that dont keep locking up or killing older graphics cards.

Anything after 320.49 is completely unstable for my GTX 460s.

Weird, i'm running 331.58 on my gtx 460's without a problem.

23. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 00:49 dj LiTh

MonkeySpank wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 20:51:
dj LiTh,
Actually no. The driver most likely uses UDMA which would transfer data directly from the H.264 encoder to a SATA device. The SATA device probably has a single-chunk file into which the UDMA writes. In other words, no CPU interrupts, no disk thrash, low overhead. Torrents use the same concept in that they allocate the maximum contiguous size ahead of time and just keep writing within their sandbox, filely speaking.

I hope this helps!

Cool! Thanks for that, so its going to the RAM or VRAM for short term storage? If its the VRAM i could see that possibly becoming a problem for too long a video and big textured game (skyrim /w tons of 4k textures mods for example), if its ram then thats pretty damn sweet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 00:46 dj LiTh

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 23:16:
oh, I need a new wireless router. I am not a fan of them, but mine went Tango Uniform this week. It was a solid one, the Gamer Lounge D-Link DGL-4300 that lasted a lot longer than I had expected.

Anyone have a wireless router they really like?

Thanks.

I recommend you check out this site it has the most comprehensive router tests i've come across for general consumer networking

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 16:50 dj LiTh

1badmf wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 14:48:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 13:46:
I had much more problems with the calls in the 9ers game down the stretch then i did the Pats game. There wasnt any time left, what were they gonna do, award them a touch down with 0:00 left on the clock? As for the ball being uncatchable, oh it was....by the Panthers who intercepted it.... again no problem with the no call deciding a games outcome. I much more have a problem when they call something that decides the outcome.

game can't end on a defensive penalty by rule. if it was PI, the pats would've had one untimed down at the 1 yard line. if it was holding, they would've had an untimed down at whatever +10 yards would've been. ball was catchable. if that dude doesn't lean on gronk, he almost certainly can jam on the brakes and make a play for it. even if i bought the 'uncatchable' argument, that's 100% some form of illegal contact.

Ahh IC, thanks. Wasnt sure what would of happened if the play was called. Still though i rather see a no call then a call at the last play of the game

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Federal Reserve: While bitcoins hold “promise,” we have no regulatory authority. Nov 19, 2013, 16:25 dj LiTh

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:53:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 12:57:
That's the point of it. The Fed can't steal the value of them by inflating away the value. That's precisely why the coins are valuable. It's a decentralized currency. We don't want your stinking regulations!!!

I'm not really sure why the anti-government types have it out for the federal reserve. We haven't had unhealthy inflation in this country since the 70s. What other federal agency can claim 30 years of success?

The interesting thing here is that technology has created a speculative instrument that it is impossible to regulate. How long before hedge funds start encoding their assets in a similar way? Next time Wall Street tanks our economy, we might not even know who did it.

Except the federal reserve isnt a Federal agency, its a private entity.

16. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 16:24 dj LiTh

Constantly recording? Thrash your harddrive much?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 13:46 dj LiTh

I had much more problems with the calls in the 9ers game down the stretch then i did the Pats game. There wasnt any time left, what were they gonna do, award them a touch down with 0:00 left on the clock? As for the ball being uncatchable, oh it was....by the Panthers who intercepted it.... again no problem with the no call deciding a games outcome. I much more have a problem when they call something that decides the outcome.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
53. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 18:35 dj LiTh

Kawlisse wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 18:08:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 11:01:
A game thats suppose to have 1000x more features then X Rebirth in half the dev time, what could go wrong!

Dont get me wrong, the amount of time to make Star Citizen is really short compared to X rebirth !!! But what? it took 7 years to release a crap game like X rebirth ???? Animations are crap, in ship textures are crap, the only good looking thing is space.

X Rebirth is a total letdown. I am keeping my fringers crossed for Star Citizen.

Oh trust me, i think myself and countless other Bluesnews commentators would like nothing else then to be completely wrong in every regard about this game. In fact nothing would make me happier then to be wrong about this game.

1481 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo