Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1617 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
6. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:12 dj LiTh

For the monk i think the shield is needed for the defensive attributes. For other chars say a DH i think its much better to go a 2h slower bow to kite enemies more efficiently, as when you stop to attack you'll hit much harder.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
1. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 10:09 dj LiTh

I like this pairing, paradox is aces in my book.  

News Comments > Unity 5 Announced
14. Re: Unity 5 Announced Mar 19, 2014, 01:20 dj LiTh

Looks good, onward and upward.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 12:43 dj LiTh

I also have a good portion of irish blood in me and i always kind of found it a bit flattering as everyone on that day wants to be irish (or at least drink like a stereotypical one). Although i can see why you wouldnt like it as a bartender.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 11:21 dj LiTh

I miss St. Patricks day celebrations in the states, they hardly celebrate it here in europe (ireland excluded of course). I remember when i was visiting some english friends near london, this was the only day they didnt want to go out drinking.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
9. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 11:17 dj LiTh

Cool, remember it being my favorite game i had on the old Apple IIGS  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced
19. Re: Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced Mar 14, 2014, 13:03 dj LiTh

Task wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:26:
FYI, despite what anyone claims here or elsewhere, the Siege AI is still broken after 10 patches in this game.

If the AI builds rams or ladders or towers, often they "forget" that they have them when the battle starts and instead rush your gates and proceed to throw their friggin TORCH sticks. AI rarely had this problem in RTW, and used ALL of their siege equipment. If I remember correctly only fire arrows could damage a gate, no unit could throw their infinite supply of torch sticks as in RTW2. I literally have resolved ALL siege battles since I have had this game, it is so hair pulling bad.

The warscape engine is absolutely terrible for this type of era.

proof:

magic torches
Roman Senate jokes about Hannibal's siege equipment AI
AI ladder confusion, does not use siege equipment
AI goes up ladder, sees a badger, and goes back down the ladder

Honestly i'm not noticing this in my current game which i just started. About 3 or 4 sieges, each time they are bringing their ladders to the walls. (fairly early in campaign as sparta)

News Comments > Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced
8. Re: Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced Mar 13, 2014, 23:38 dj LiTh

If anyone is into history, i recommend checking out dan carlins hardcore history podcast 'punic nightmares' 1-3 . As for Rome2, i was upset from preordering it, but the state of the game today has me satisfied.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 20:46 dj LiTh

Personally this is my favorite season of Archer yet. Laughed way more this season then all the others combined.  

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
72. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 16:49 dj LiTh

Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:44:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:18:
Actually, Windows Phone has been rapidly gaining market share over the past year. This is due to the decline of iPhone and Blackberry sales and all the problems associated with Android security and OS fragmentation. Also, Surface RT hasn't been that big of a hit, but Surface Pro 2 is becoming the laptop replacement of choice for businesses. A couple more iterations of the Surface and it will be a game changer. The video out is pretty high res for an extension monitor and you can pretty much run any MS app on it, even developer tools.

So don't let all the hipster hate skew the facts.

Personally, I have mostly Apple devices as a consumer, but they haven't really added many productivity features for business, and 99% of the apps on the app store are useless. For consumer, sure a simple to use dumbed-down device like Apple is where it's at, but for productivity, I wouldn't even think of using Apple unless you want to pay your employees to reinvent the wheel.

Windows Phone is gaining in share, from tiny to slightly less tiny.
The bulk of the BB and iPhone attrition is going to Android.

I have an Icon. I love my Icon. But it's very, very far from a 3 horse race right now.

Having recently tried my friends high end nokia winphone really wowed me. I've had iphones, i've had a ton of androids, next phone for me will be from nokia /w win on it.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches
13. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 6, 2014, 16:41 dj LiTh

Axis wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:24:
Having been absorbed in Invasion the last 24 hours, I can say woe to new players.

I personally love the difficulty, but I've been playing the game for the better part of two years. However new or ezmode players may be scared off quickly -- the level of difficulty in invasion has been hugely ramped up right off the bat.

Agreed, i'm only in act3 normal (internet went out yesterday just as it launched, could actually hear god laughing...) but taking it very slow, especially seeing death after death broadcast in the chatbox. Overall though i'm happy its more difficult

10. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 6, 2014, 15:00 dj LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:11:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:58:
You get i think about 12 redo passives by playing the game,
Yeah, for 12 skill points -- if that was 12 full resets, then everything would be cool.

D2 back in the dya was much worse, accidently clicked a skill? Sorry your char is now fucked forever, personally i dont mind it in its current system, as i said you need to plan out a character before you build it, other then the first one which is a learning experience.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
49. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 14:06 dj LiTh

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:42:
I couldn't tell much difference between a DX10 game and a DX11 game and after a while I just stopped paying attention to DirectX in general. It's a background thing and my games are probably going to look the same anyway.

I'm still glad DirectX exists but it's hard for me to get excited about it.

Thats because there really wasnt much of a difference between the two, although tessellation comes to mind (dont think dx10 had that? could be wrong), anyways hopefully this is a bigger bump more akin from dx9 to dx10/11 was. As much as all the MS hate, this is still good news for gaming.

8. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 6, 2014, 13:58 dj LiTh

For a first charactor it can indeed be brutal, but after that i think you get a grasp of the system, check out some premade builds, work on your own build and already have a plan for a character before you start a new one. You get i think about 12 redo passives by playing the game, and its also a currency so you can with time and patience redo your char, or wait for a passive reset which seems to happen every 4 months (as all chars got on from this latest mini exp). I think its much more akin to building your character in d2 (before 2010 apparently, had no idea they had respecs in) then d3 where you can change you char on the fly. So depending on your persepective, ya i agree strength or weakness, for me its a huge strength. I play hardcore/invasion elusively so making a new character isnt such a hard feat, i can normally get to level 50 in about 16 hours of time (which isnt even that fast compared to others).  

3. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 6, 2014, 05:16 dj LiTh

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 03:28:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:35:
Awesome! About time! D3's been fun the past 24 hours but its already apparent to me with all the changes (some really good changes) that its still a casual ARPG game. No races, no pvp, no real reason to play beyond getting the gear, whereas in PoE the races are the reason for getting the gear. Also the level of customization leaves me in theory-craft nirvana. Just my opinion, flame on!

Why would anyone flame you for writing a post that makes a lot of sense? I was thinking of installing Diablo3 again but then I receieved a Blizzard mail just this morning, asking me to return and when I saw how fucking ridiculous that Reaper of Death or whatever he is called looked in the artwork I just thought to myself. No.

I was just joking mainly, considering all the shenanigans going on in the d3 thread I'd suggest try d3 but dont buy the expansion, thats the route i'm going. i got another 8 or so gameplay hours out of it which lasted me till this launched. Speaking of Vaal mini expac, so far so good, still trying to get a handle on these vaal skills, seems to add an interesting dynamic, but still not sure how it'll effect my builds

1. Re: Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches Mar 5, 2014, 22:35 dj LiTh

Awesome! About time! D3's been fun the past 24 hours but its already apparent to me with all the changes (some really good changes) that its still a casual ARPG game. No races, no pvp, no real reason to play beyond getting the gear, whereas in PoE the races are the reason for getting the gear. Also the level of customization leaves me in theory-craft nirvana. Just my opinion, flame on!  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
83. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 12:17 dj LiTh

Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 11:48:
I have this irrational urge to reinstall D3 and start from scratch again. Played the game the first 2 weeks after release and from what I've heard, it has had some maaajor improvements since then. It even got an extra free chapter didn't it? Moet importantly, the abysmal loot system got redone. Man did the loot ooze "computer generated" all over it!

Let's be fair, the gameplay and graphics were sweet. It's what's pulling me toward starting it up again.

No free act5, that only comes with the expansion, otherwise not many people would buy it just for adventure mode and crusader class IMO. That said it is vastly improved, but having already a level 60 DH, with some insane items that my friends hooked me up with (windforce etc) in the past, i have found a few upgrades for armor, but so far i'm soloing Torment level 4 pretty easily, and there's only 6 levels which kinda disappointing me as there's not really much reason to play beyond that, but it is worth a retry. For me though i'll be playing D3 for the next 3 hours until PoE expansion comes out and wont look back.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 Released
4. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 Released Mar 4, 2014, 20:40 dj LiTh

Let them eat cake!  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
38. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 13:52 dj LiTh

Interesting about the new changes, glad to see they are going in the right direction. I think i'll be checking this out tonight, probably until tomorrow's PoE mini expansion drops, and we'll see how they compare. I much rather have two good ARPG's to play then one as i do like the genre.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 13:12 dj LiTh

I agree about the long term effects, not only that but all the protien he had to consume to be batman in his next movie, poor kidneys! Dude is definitely dedicated to his craft!  

1617 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo