Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1480 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul Next Week
10. Re: Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul Next Week Dec 2, 2013, 16:52 dj LiTh

Honestly i find this a little ridiculous considering the state of Rome2. They should offer this free for people who preordered and heavily discounted for anyone who's bought rome2 up until now. I for one wont be getting this for atleast a year, if at all.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2013, 03:27 dj LiTh

Uh ya skyrim....good stuff.... <backs away slowly>  

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown Released
3. Re: State of Decay Breakdown Released Nov 30, 2013, 18:22 dj LiTh

Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 14:04:
Give us a report on the DLC. I was holding off, since it sounded like Challenge events, which sounded like more spam spawning.

So far i havent gotten to the expansion, as after the game launches, at the menu you pick which to play. I'm still working through the base game and so far i'm absolutely loving it! Will report though when i get to it

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
21. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 30, 2013, 12:45 dj LiTh

So far, beta drivers pretty great. Very stable. No crashes.  

News Comments > Open-World Star Wars Game Clues
5. Re: Open-World Star Wars Game Clues Nov 30, 2013, 12:44 dj LiTh

"a major new next gen action game"

These arent the droids your looking for.

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay?
19. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 30, 2013, 03:15 dj LiTh

El Pit wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 02:47:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 01:55:
So i'm going to give these drivers a try, as i seem to have way less issues with drivers on my two 460's then whats being reported by most of you. Also of note i only ever install physx and the driver, and never 3d, audio, or nvidia experience. Maybe that has something to do with my system being more stable (just guessing). Anyways i'll report back my findings, as i'm also playing through blackflag and the new SLI profile will be welcome.

Obi Wan says: This is not the thread you're looking for.

Oops! lol how the hell did that happen? Lol

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay?
17. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 30, 2013, 01:55 dj LiTh

blah wrong thread /ignore

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2013, 03:15.

20. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 30, 2013, 01:51 dj LiTh

Even though my current 331.58 drivers are stable, i'm going to give these a try as i'm playing Blackflag on my two 460's. Also i seem to have way less driver issues then a lot of you guys, not sure why. Maybe has to do with that i only install the driver and physx, and not the 3d or audio or nvidia experience crap (just guessing?). Anyways will report back in a day with my findings.  

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown Released
1. Re: State of Decay Breakdown Released Nov 30, 2013, 01:48 dj LiTh

So i went ahead and got it along with State of Decay for 50% off. Hopefully that issue is fixed that was mentioned earlier. Now the only other game i need to go on a better sale is Payday2 and i'm set.  

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
10. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 15:21 dj LiTh

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:44:
I have been really depressed the last couple days, to the extent that I haven't been able to sleep. I looked at bitcoins a year and a half ago, and saw that they were "mined" using processing power. I then Iooked online and saw 100's of people buying mining equipment and figured with more people mining, and more processor power being used, people would just keep making more and more of them, and they would be worthless. So I thought better of it, and moved on. If I had JUST seen that there were only a FIXED amount that COULD be mined, if I had just read that one sentence, I would have gambled $10,000 on them in a heartbeat, and been a millionaire today. If I had spent 15 minutes researching bitcoin instead of 10, I could have retired. So dissapointed in myself right now, and I also found a forum post with 100's of people with similar stories.

Are they a bubble? Of course. But bubbles are fine if you make money before they pop, but I think we missed our chance.

If If If.....If only i played the lottery numbers that i thought of first that made my balls tingle instead of just doing the autopicks...

3. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2013, 12:44 dj LiTh

Eraserhead wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 12:39:
For anyone who's been having trouble with desktop and browser instability with the latest drivers, as I was, these might do the trick. I've got a 460 GTX and wasn't able to install anything past 314.22 without getting frequent crashes.

Been using 331.58 for the past week or so (which were posted in the Nvidia forum as a test driver) and all's been well so far.

I've got two 460gtx's myself, and 331.58 have been very stable for me.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
66. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 dj LiTh

Xero wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 07:38:
I'm waiting out for maybe Skyrim once it hits Flash Sale level. Remember to wait for that. I'm sure it'll drop down another 10% making it practically 3 shells. Lol.

From what i've seen the past few years, if something is on a daily deal its the best deal thats gonna happen. At the most the flash sale would only match it. If i were you i'd grab the legendary now and make out like a bandit and enjoy one of the better games in recent memory.

43. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 23:39 dj LiTh

Picked up Walking Dead 400 days @ amazon for 1.25 (its 2.50 i think on steam).  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
52. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 22:54 dj LiTh

All the pvp stuff aside. UO had the most indepth crafting system i've ever seen in a game. Nothing has come half as close. I have a lot of fond memories in UO, mostly doing bad stuff like breaking into peoples houses, clearing dungeons of players, destroying great lords with impunity, and generally griefing my teenage ass off, but what sticks out in my mind the most was the crafting system. I dont even like crafting in most games but in UO thats what i did when i wasnt doing the conan thing.  

42. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 22:29 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 22:18:
Skyrim's back at #1 AND #2.

PC Gaming is like, SO dead.

Yo Prez! What's State of Decay all about? What do you do in that game?

State of Decay is on my #1 want to buy game once it goes on a daily or flash deal. Here's totalbiscuit's take when they were still porting the game over, but i heard that m/kb play is in now TB SOD

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
51. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 21:18 dj LiTh

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:41:
BitWraith wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:35:
If you asked most MMO fans to describe what they really want in the next, best MMO, most will describe Ultima Online, but made with modern tech.

YES!!!! The ORIGINAL, gritty, you could get killed anywhere UO.

did someone call Dreadlord LiTh? Ohhh the memories

40. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 21:16 dj LiTh

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:48:
I play games for their storylines, characters, the attention to detail in-game and the experience they deliver. To give you a good measure, I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag and absolutely loving it. I can't put it down.

Eh? Many of the criticisms you made of Sleeping Dogs can just as easily be applied to Black Flag. Predictable and shallow story? Check. Stereotypical characters? Check. Clunky combat? Check. Unrealistic driving (or in this case, sailing) physics? Check. A small set of generic mission types repeated ad nauseum? Check.

For what it's worth, the combat in Sleeping Dogs is about a million times more entertaining than Black Flag's. That's really the most compelling part of Sleeping Dogs. Beating dudes (or ladies) up in a most gratuitous fashion. Beating someone with a telephone or slamming a car door into their head repeatedly never gets old. Hurling people over balconies never gets old either. If you don't enjoy these things, I guess Sleeping Dogs isn't for you. But the claim that Black Flag is better than Sleeping Dogs isn't really supported by the evidence you provided. It would have been better to just admit that you like pirate fiction more than crime fiction.

I have to agree, i'm playing Black flag right now, and while not a bad game...its certainly not that great. Sleeping dog destroys it on all fronts that was previously listed besides maybe what the water looks like...

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
3. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 27, 2013, 14:11 dj LiTh

El Pit wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:04:
USA - the kickstarter campaing by President Obama. First stretch goal: better equipment for the NSA. Make it happen!

About Star Citizen: I want this game to deliver. But I am not sold yet and have not contributed to the $33 million.

You havent contributed to the mmo/private servers/pay 2 win/single player/fps/space janitor/ ponzi scheme? wahhhhh? ....Ya me neither...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 14:08 dj LiTh

Quboid wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:01:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:03:
John wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:47:
I know this is kinda OT, but does anyone notice screen blurring when playing games on a 120hz TV? I heard 240hz is better because fast movement is sharper but those TVs are several hundred dollars more than 120hz (well, at least on the size I'm looking for). I hope to find a good one tomorrow and don't want to spend more for something that isn't really noticeable..

Its different with tv's then it is with say monitors. With tv's its making up frames that dont exist and 'guessing' what frame will come next. I suppose its possible that maybe 240 is more accurate then 120 in that its guessing more and quicker. For me though thats the first feature i turn off with any tv.

If the input is 60hz, will additional frames not cause blurriness as the TV set approximates the content? Halving the refresh rate might be more effective than doubling it.

Personally i always get almost motion sick looking at tv's with the 120/240 options set on. Just doesnt look natural to me and i can notice slight 'jerkyness' from it as well. I have a pretty expensive samsung tv and its infinitely better with the function off and running at standard 60hz.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 27, 2013, 13:58 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:55:
I had a voodoo rush (pity me) and then a voodoo 2...then I got a TNT from nvidia and never looked back (*wanted to get a voodoo 5, but at that point, there were rumors about how much longer they'd be around, and sure enough, they folded).

TNT's were the bee's knees!

1480 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo