Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1662 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
102. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 13:11 dj LiTh

Wow, the fanboism is this thread is just amazing to read. Its really eye opening.

First off, there's not one person in this thread that wouldnt love for this game to come out and be wildly successful (myself included).

Second people saying this is a 'pre pre alpha of the game' actually no, its a pre pre alpha of a MODULE of the game (remember the hanger module?) thats 4 months late, and doesnt look like its very close to being completed.

3rd So this isnt at PAX? Why does every video of it claim it is and we have an eye witness in this thread that says it is as well...

4th You gave money, great, awesome, but take off the blinders because this industry isnt known for following through with its promises and that includes Chris Roberts.

Again, i really really really hope this game comes out with every feature or atleast most (some?) then i'd be pretty damn happy. Until then it is what it is, some pretty graphics which i mostly attribute to its engine in a module of the game thats 4 months late thats still not released to its backers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 12:31 dj LiTh

fuck ya!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 00:00 dj LiTh

The more expensive the ring, the shorter the whatever  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
40. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:47 dj LiTh

So 4 months late for this, which isnt close to being completed for this 'module'. I believe George Takei has a saying that fits this perfectly..  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
26. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 11, 2014, 17:44 dj LiTh

I liked the original, but like others found OMD2 to be a frustrating affair.  

News Comments > Heartbleed Vulnerabilities
12. Re: Heartbleed Vulnerabilities Apr 11, 2014, 17:22 dj LiTh

By the way, if you want to see if a domain is vulnerable still or not you can use this site or you can check out the chromebleed extention that will also automatically tell you if your on a site thats vulnerable.  

News Comments > Heartbleed Vulnerabilities
11. Re: Heartbleed Vulnerabilities Apr 11, 2014, 17:21 dj LiTh

For my gmail i setup the phone authenication last year, so i'm not planning on changing the password. Now that this is so wide-spread expect attacks to ramp up as script kiddies will be out in full force. I see a bigger problem with routers being effected.  

News Comments > Prisonscape Kickstarter
11. Re: Prisonscape Kickstarter Apr 11, 2014, 17:18 dj LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 15:09:
I appreciate that they're trying to do an RPG in a non-typical setting.

However:

1. That setting is just dark and unappealing. Same reason I have no interest in Prison Architect. Make the same game playing as a police detective or PI where quests are solving kidnappings and murders, and I'd be on it.

Thats a shame, because Prison Architect is really great sim, its not even beta and its paid for itself 100x over

News Comments > Prisonscape Kickstarter
4. Re: Prisonscape Kickstarter Apr 11, 2014, 11:49 dj LiTh

walrus1 wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 11:34:
When asking for money on the internet it's best to not post a picture of one of your PR person baked out of his mind.

Or is it...

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
19. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 11, 2014, 11:00 dj LiTh

harlock wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 04:52:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 04:23:
harlock wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 02:38:
this moba shit is garbage imho

You ever play one?

guild wars and some other shit i cant remember.. not really a fan of that style

guild wars moba? huh?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
50. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 11, 2014, 10:52 dj LiTh

Krael wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 08:19:
Yeah, honestly when Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen were both announced I was full convinced that Elite:Dangerous would be vaporware and Star Citizen would be moving forward at a fast pace.

Now it seems like the exact opposite is true. I'm super-excited about Elite:Dangerous, and a big 'meh' for Star Citizen.

I felt and feel that exact same way.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
11. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 11:39 dj LiTh

Awesome, very much looking forward to this. Speakin of space sims, when is StarCitizen suppose to release that Christmas delayed dogfight demo?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 11:35 dj LiTh

As a lifetime laker fan, the knicks direction is good now that you got Phil Jackson. I'm just glad we resigned Mitch Kupcheck otherwise i think Phil would of nabbed him. Now if the lakers can just fire Mike D'antoni (worst coach ever) i'll be a happy camper.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
11. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 10, 2014, 07:15 dj LiTh

siapnar wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 22:38:
Why do the textures have resolution and filtering from 2004?

Simple, the bane of gaming... consoles.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 10, 2014, 06:55 dj LiTh

This heartbleed bug is no joke...  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 12:06 dj LiTh

Jivaro wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:35:
People trust mathematics just fine. What they don't trust is statistics generated by other human beings. Numbers can can be spun to make just about any point of view seem completely valid. Not only that but most people are very aware that companies pay for positive reviews and ratings while other people seem to obsess about how much they hate something and will create 10 accounts just to make 10 negative reviews. We see places like Amazon have entire review sections screwed by people with a bone to pick. We see ESPN or CNN take a set of numbers and spin them to whatever they want them to say by picking a number that matches the message without giving any real context.

It is why a place like Metacritic means jack shit to me. I either care enough to invest the time to watch a show and see for myself or I don't. When a game, tv show, or movie require an investment of money and not just time that's when I ask friends and family or even come here and talk to people that over the years I have seen to have similar tastes. Human nature seems to make a place like Metacritic and similar sites nearly useless.

While i agree with that sentiment as far as BSG Redux's IMDB rating it seems pretty accurate from my group of friends. A rating should never be the end all be all to something, because as you said you didnt enjoy BSG Redux, fair enough, but it seems that the majority did enjoy it, and in this case it seems to fit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 10:10 dj LiTh

As a former LA native in what seems like a lifetime ago, i dont have one good thing to say about the police there. That said i've met a lot of good human beings with policing as their profession, but LA seems to be exempt of them.  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 07:32 dj LiTh

BSG Redux definitely seems pretty polarizing, you either love it or hate it. From my RL friends it seems like those (one guy) who loves the old original BSG hates the new Redux, and everyone else is on my side of the fence. The original series i watched it (i mean its sci fi c'mon) but i cant say i ever really enjoyed it or really liked it.

I wonder if the majority that dislike the Redux really love the original, as thats been my limited experience.

Also From a Military standpoint, (i wasnt a navy man) but the CiC is probably the most accurate portrayal of any kind of future military endeavor in space we'll ever get.

Edit: Added that last paragraph
This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2014, 07:40.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 14:41 dj LiTh

I agree with you on that front, even as a rabid BSG fan, i feel its complete. Another Star Trek series would be pretty great. I'd love to see a new one a hundred or 2 in the future from the TNG timeline.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 12:27 dj LiTh

Jivaro wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:33:
I was very excited when I saw the "new BSG movie", but it's Yet Another Reboot.

for fuck's sake, hollywood...

I am a person who found the most recent BSG and Caprica shows to be terrible and I still agree with that Creston. 20 or more years goes by and I understand a reboot. Less than 5 though? Really? Are they going to make a movie aimed at the CW/WB tween/teen crowd?

If Jennifer Lawrence plays Starbuck I am going to hurt someone.

I think you are, as BSG Redux is the best sci fi series of all time (atleast to me). That said i feel the series is complete /w the Redux and i'm very suprised that they think they can top it (milk it for more).

As for the recast of GoT it just doesnt add up, as they were already done shooting season 4 way before they planned on shooting the new Transporter movie (i think fired and PR massaged that one for both sides)

1662 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo