Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dj LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Been a gamer since 8bit NES days, graduated to PC gaming in the early 90's and never looked back. I'm also a drum & bass dj
Homepage http://soundcloud.com/djlith
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1625 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2014, 19:11 dj LiTh

Longswd wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 15:48:
Data is data, even if it's a container. Anything capable of backing up only delta changes in a SQL db should also be able to backup a Truecrypt volume.

Its pretty clear you dont understand how encryption works, and if it did work like you suggest then it would be easily defeated.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Controller Redesigned?
18. Re: Steam Controller Redesigned? Jul 24, 2014, 15:23 dj LiTh

This is such a waste of money and resources by valve, partner with Sony or Microsoft and try to get into those markets and call it a day.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2014, 12:39 dj LiTh

DrSquick wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:19:
Can services like Dropbox do block-level syncing? For example, if you make a 1GB TrueCrypt volume, and modify 1MB of data inside it, does Dropbox need to send the whole 1GB back to the cloud, or can it just sync the blocks that changed?

If it can't do block level, that kinda kills any ability to do your own encryption, right? Or am I missing a tool that I should know about?

It wont work as Truecrypt your just making a container. As far as services I recommend Tresorit myself in place of dropbox.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 11:16 dj LiTh

I once saw a fellow IT guy apply it with his finger... grease and skin cells always a nice combo with your thermal paste. It was like nails on a chalkboard, i had to get out of the room.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
12. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 18:04 dj LiTh

Ya, so glad i didnt listen to some people here and try it before hand. Going through D:OS has been nothing but a pleasure for me.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 12:49 dj LiTh

Well deserved, the more i play this game, the more it impresses me. Its 93 user score on metacritic is accurate and well deserved.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Delayed
5. Re: Limit Theory Delayed Jul 4, 2014, 11:47 dj LiTh

As a backer and seeing how much he's done and his constant effort, i have absolutely no problem with this. In fact i'm even happier that he's going to spend more time on it. Really looking forward to next year for this.  

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
1. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 18:42 dj LiTh

Blizzard is a former shell of what it once was, Curious what Pardo is going to be doing now  

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
23. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 3, 2014, 08:41 dj LiTh

Its interesting to me that this game will have independent and player run servers yet people are still spending so much money on starter ships, which i assume are only good for the 'main' server.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
17. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 17:00 dj LiTh

So whats the release date on the control config module...?  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2014, 12:12 dj LiTh

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:38:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:08:
And they'll pick right back up after summer break

So only college students buy computers? Interesting...I never knew....

Only college students get summer off? Seriously though, these type of purchases go in waves, and the school year is a big driver of it, and not just for PC's.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 12:09 dj LiTh

Quboid wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 08:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 01:55:
US team didn't deserve to be there, I am never in support of a program that allows a team that LOST to continue. They lost already, they didn't deserve to move on.

You mean the Germany match? I thought you were an NFL fan, you don't like league formats?

Isnt he a Vikings fan? If so then how can he possibly watch that team after they lose their first game (normally the first game of every season). I mean they lost, they dont deserve to continue!

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month
3. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month Jul 2, 2014, 11:50 dj LiTh

I've already played season1, but since i got season2 i've started over with season1, and going to continue to season2. Just an amazing game. I also have Wolf among us, but i dont plan to start that until all of season 1 is out.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2014, 10:08 dj LiTh

And they'll pick right back up after summer break  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 18:40 dj LiTh

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 18:00:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

hahahah oh wait...wrong team....

/don't care.

//I find it a little humorous that they want to put Howard on such a pedestal saying it is the most shots and saves in the last x amount of years - but what about the rest of the team? What does it say about the 'merican team if they ALLOW that many shots? Eventually a few will go in.

It says how well the Belgiums played Bat

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: 'Community' Revived To Air On Yahoo In Fall With 13 Episodes. Jul 1, 2014, 15:49 dj LiTh

Yahoo to the rescue!  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
28. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 30, 2014, 15:14 dj LiTh

Thanks guys, LOX is now on my radar  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
23. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 15:13 dj LiTh

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 14:40:
dj LiTh wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 11:13:
Not much different in my mind to a preorder, except you get immediate access to their progress. I do think this will put them in a negative light to people who do (and will) confuse it for a finished product, but thats the companies decision. This doesnt change the old buyer beware saying, merely reinforces it.

You can cancel a preorder, and if a game never reaches "finished" status, you get a refund.

With Early Access, I fully expect some projects that would otherwise not get released (ran out of funding, canceled, whatever) to just call their final version "Release Candidate" and call it a day.

Sounds like your beef is more with the digital distribution platforms lack of refunds.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
11. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 11:13 dj LiTh

Not much different in my mind to a preorder, except you get immediate access to their progress. I do think this will put them in a negative light to people who do (and will) confuse it for a finished product, but thats the companies decision. This doesnt change the old buyer beware saying, merely reinforces it.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 30, 2014, 08:33 dj LiTh

Funny thing, i pay 35 euro a month (germany) for 150mbps down 5mbps up unlimited, but only get 100mbps because the modem they provide only has a 100mbps port. Fastest internet i've ever had. I'm not into streaming, but rather archiving what i want via usenet, biggest problem i have is affording new harddrives to store it all. /FirstWorldProblems

kabelbw incase any people in germany are curious of the provider.

1625 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo