Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 1818 (Pro)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2015, 16:31 LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:55:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:38:
My first chance to go to any sort Con/trade show-event, having just moved to Germany months ago. I wanted to try to go to this but my wife talked me out of it. Not much point since its probably alot of games I do not care about. But I would have liked to go. Only a couple hours by train from here too.

Does Germany require blood be removed from shooters? Or am I thinking of another country?

They got some wacky rules over here, but all every German gamer does is order their game from Austria if they want the Deutsche uncensored version.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 21:21 LiTh

PHJF wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 16:35:
Skylake TDP is down so its the better choice if your going for a mobile system like a laptop, but for a desktop Skylake is really underwhelming.

Maybe we could wait for benchmarks before jumping to that...

14nm from 22nm... I recommend you update yourself and read some more articles here's one of many links link2 (its not a stretch to infer less TDP when a major die shrink is involved let alone the accompanying articles) detailing the TDP...which btw is due in the next few months (so its hardly a leak at this point)

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2015, 21:26.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Windows 10 Aug 3, 2015, 16:20 LiTh

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 12:07:
Bub wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 09:21:
You might as well give Microsoft an admin account on your PC and
passively watch as they get rid of all those things they don't like like media center (ripping, copying video/music)

The old bogeyman is still comin' for my pirated music and videos eh? You people promised me that Microsoft was going to crack down on that stuff 15+ years ago. It still hasn't happened. Tell them to hurry up eh?

+1, this is tinfoil hat thread no doubt.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 16:13 LiTh

LgFriess wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 13:19:
InBlack wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:49:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:18:
Witcher 3 fell off that list. Such an amazing game.

It's also a hugely demanding game. Much more so than even GTAV, which sells like hotcakes anyway. You need quite a beefy rig to run it at settings to do it justice. Im sure it will sell much better at a later date when it goes on sale, and when people's hardware is a bit better in general.

Yep. I haven't purchased it yet due to waiting for skylake to release before I upgrade my old q9650/7870/4gb ram system. Still might go with the 4790 or 5820 but the prices will drop with skylake hitting the market. It's killing me holding off though. Very hard not to read any spoilers!

Friend of mine is in the same boat. I recommend going the 5820K vs a Skylake. 15mb cache and 6c12t vs 8mb cache and 4c8t is much better. Skylake TDP is down so its the better choice if your going for a mobile system like a laptop, but for a desktop Skylake is really underwhelming. Another reason is the 5820 is 2011-3 chipset which will be compatible with Skylake's successor oddly enough and Skylake will be LGA1151 chipset which will most likely never have more then 4cores.

As for Nvidia and 9xx series maxwell, its a big step up from keplar 6xx/7xx series. Although going from a 640 to a 960 is a pretty huge bump considering 640 is a lowend gpu and 960 midrange and a architecture bump.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2015, 16:22.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 10:34 LiTh

Sounds good, I cant wait to see the ideas in action.  

News Comments > Prison Architect Breaks Out in October
17. Re: Prison Architect Breaks Out in October Jul 30, 2015, 16:21 LiTh

Awesome, already got 89hours of playtime according to steam. Game is great and every month gets betters. This small dev team does work!  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
30. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 19:29 LiTh

OpticNerve wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 16:42:
I wonder why Blizzard hasn't implemented an optional console-style control option into the PC version of Diablo 3x by now? Victor Vran shows that it can be done and done well.

It's just odd to me that Blizzard's constantly reiterating and adding new features that are boring after a week or so, but they haven't bothered to add in a control scheme that people have enjoyed from the console versions. I'm sure that there are purists who'll stick with the tried and true mouse-movement scheme but this is the PC platform... the more options there are, the better.

Its because it would cut into their profit from the consoles. Which i'm sure at this point is a bigger money maker for them then the PC market considering that the RMAH was a complete failure. Follow the money, there's your answer. This isnt the Blizzard of old.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 07:46 LiTh

nin wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 21:09:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:42:
I know Dr. Hawking has to take his time when answering as its very strenuous. However i havent found 1 response and its been over a day. Either his people are really cherry picking or something else is up..

This AMA will be run differently due to the constraints of Professor Hawking. The AMA will be in two parts, today we with gather questions. Please post your questions and vote on your favorite questions, from these questions Professor Hawking will select which ones he feels he can give answers to.

Once the answers have been written, we, the mods, will cut and paste the answers into this AMA and post a link to the AMA in /r/science so that people can re-visit the AMA and read his answers in the proper context. The date for this is undecided, as it depends on several factors.

So they don't have a date for replies yet.

Ahh, thanks Nin. I missed that part while i was looking for his responses. I'll keep checking back

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2015, 20:45 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:04:
Good! We need to see more of this. A lot more. The consumer protection laws are already on the books all they need to do is start suing these jerks.

Agreed, its going to be interesting going forward how many new lawsuits pop up like this one.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
12. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 20:36 LiTh

Asmodai wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:53:

Also, the POE servers still have issues with certain attacks breaking the netcode. I've lost 3 hardcore templars due to rubberbanding that moved me up to 3 screens pack to die to a mob I thought I'd safely escaped from. That's unacceptable when you could have invested hundreds of hours in to a character. DIII, for all it's flaws, has great netcode and Aus servers are fast and stable. If I'm playing hardcore, I only die because I screwed up, not because the game decided it was time to retire my guy.

You should give PoE 2.0 another try as they completely redid the netcode and now you can set it to 'lockstep' which will never desync and aslong as you have a ping under 40-50 its pretty great. Its a godsend for hardcore players (i play that exlusively).

One thing about PoE as others have mentioned is its dev, Grinding Gear Games (GGG) is one of the best game companies i've ever seen. They really listen and interact with their community. I've also never seen a more ethical way to pay for a game in my life. You can put 10,000 hours into the game and never pay a dime and still be on par with someone who's spent thousands. Only difference would be extra bank tabs and cosmetic skins for different items/armors, which theres already enough variety that, thats not even a concern. If you loved D2:Lod and appreciate a challenge and want a truely unique character then PoE is currently the reining king IMO.

As for D3, its the more polished game. It seems more casual to me and less of a challenge. Its nice to see Blizz supporting D3 through the abysmal state it was released in (something new for Blizzard). I wish i could have PoE's depth with D3's polish and graphics, then i would be a happy camper.

News Comments > Free HotS Stimpacks for New Players
1. Re: Free HotS Stimpacks for New Players Jul 28, 2015, 20:21 LiTh

I guess thats one way to alienate the current player base  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 28, 2015, 17:42 LiTh

I know Dr. Hawking has to take his time when answering as its very strenuous. However i havent found 1 response and its been over a day. Either his people are really cherry picking or something else is up..  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom
12. Re: Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom Jul 28, 2015, 15:08 LiTh

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 21:59:
I didn't think this game was that popular.

Maybe i'll pick it up at some point.

Series almost has a cult following. You can pickup M&B: Warband and then mod the shit out of it. Thats one of the more efficient routes to start.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 28, 2015, 15:06 LiTh

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 12:21:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 07:05:
Considering you plug in a PS4 to a big LCD/LED tv that even the best would have 25-35ms imput lag, i doubt a few extra ms is going to matter from the keyboard and mouse. Most flatscreens tv's the input lag is closer to 50+ms anyways.

My Sony TV is actually only 16ms. But you're right, most are higher.

Thats pretty awesome actually, one of the better i've heard of

News Comments > StarCraft II Turns Five
12. Re: StarCraft II Turns Five Jul 28, 2015, 13:55 LiTh

panbient wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 12:51:
InBlack wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 02:23:
SC2 was just more of the same old SC formula, which is actually good. The reason none of us play it anymore or have the stomach for it is because we got burned out on SC1 and Brood War all those years ago, and it's not like we are getting any younger or our APM is getting any faster.

Gotta disagree with you there aside from the APM thing. In the original Starcraft a player who focused entirely on defense could hold their own against a player or AI who focused entirely on offense. There was an actual balance. This was removed with SC2. It simply was not possible to chose a defensive play style. You rushed (first) or you lost - period. I definitely wasn't burnt out from the original when I got the sequel, it's just too different of a MP game.

Couldnt disagree more, and i had a few thousand hours playing multiplayer ladder 1v1, 2v2 in SC1, people who focused on defense fromt he beginning already lost. The game was being dicated to them and controlled the entire way through. You watch any player with a modicum of skill and you will see that defensive play style beyond protecting your own workers was always a losing strategy

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 28, 2015, 07:05 LiTh

Considering you plug in a PS4 to a big LCD/LED tv that even the best would have 25-35ms input lag, i doubt a few extra ms is going to matter from the keyboard and mouse. Most flatscreens tv's the input lag is closer to 50+ms anyways.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2015, 15:28.

Edit: imput = input

News Comments > StarCraft II Turns Five
8. Re: StarCraft II Turns Five Jul 28, 2015, 06:59 LiTh

Blizzard totally mixed up their shit in regards to Starcraft and Diablo. In Starcraft they should of really gone the evolutionary route, not almost a copy and paste with a few different units and barely upgraded graphics. In Diablo3 i would of preferred if it remained closer to Diablo2 as Sc2 did with Sc1. Both were huge disappointments to me and that really sucks to say as SC1 and D2 were some of my favorite games of all time.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom
10. Re: Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom Jul 28, 2015, 06:55 LiTh

Cant wait! Its the modding community that have really made this series so popular. I hope that continues with this one.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 27, 2015, 06:08 LiTh

harlock wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 16:20:
probably payback for the jews and all that

Never go full retard

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 26, 2015, 05:51 LiTh

Instead of crappy euro TV unrestricted i'd much rather have unrestricted music. Half the content on youtube is flagged in Germany for GEMA licensing crap. Ways to get around it of course, but its much more silly.  

1818 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo