Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aganazer

Real Name Aganazer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2008, 01:10
Total Comments 64 (Suspect)
User ID 46279

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM First-Person Shooter Announced
39. Re: XCOM First-Person Shooter Announced Apr 14, 2010, 11:35 Aganazer

Numinar wrote on Apr 14, 2010, 11:21:
It could be

a)1st person game set in a dynamic campaign with random maps and strategic layer. (My preference, but way too ambitious for any game made after 1995)

The truth of this is depressing. What it says about games, gamers, and the developers that make games is even more depressing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM First-Person Shooter Announced
4. Re: XCOM First-Person Shooter Announced Apr 14, 2010, 08:52 Aganazer

Hold the press. Someone stole the X-Com name and put it on a FPS. Let the riots ensue.

And its about a fucking FBI agent?! I hate this out of sheer principle.

News Comments > Earthrise Delayed
2. Re: Earthrise Delayed Apr 13, 2010, 15:04 Aganazer

Given the history of the MMOG genre, I take any news like this as a sign that the game is going to be in poor shape at release. I hope I am wrong as I had high hopes for this game.  

News Comments > Distant Worlds Patch
2. Re: Distant Worlds Patch Apr 9, 2010, 15:20 Aganazer

Fuzzmatang wrote on Apr 9, 2010, 13:55:
I've been hearing good things about this game but I would still like a demo to try it myself before committing $40.

I'm not sure that a demo could do this game justice. Its a huge, epic, unruly, and overwhelming game. It lies somewhere between extreme niche wargame and your standard MOO/GalCiv 4X. I love it so far, but I can see how others might find it needlessly fussy and difficult to play.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Din's Curse
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Din's Curse Apr 1, 2010, 08:49 Aganazer

If you want something that will wow you with special effects then go to the theater. If you want a good game, then try this.  

News Comments > CoD7 in October, & Other Release Date Rumors
4. Re: CoD7 in October, & Other Release Date Rumors Mar 29, 2010, 13:33 Aganazer

No thanks. I am waiting for COD14 before I buy. It shouldn't be long. No worries.  

News Comments > New Din's Curse Beta Patches
3. Re: New Din's Curse Beta Patches Mar 26, 2010, 08:56 Aganazer

LittleMe wrote on Mar 25, 2010, 22:41:
I enjoyed the demo quite a bit, but found the dungeon map layouts very repetitive and all based off the same basic formula. After the fifth level it felt very samey. Still, if you like action RPG's, give it a shot.

The graphics change from town to town, not level to level as most ARPG's do. It takes longer to see the variations in tilesets and map layouts. The town modifiers are what really keeps it from being repetitive though. But in the end, its just as much as an action click-fest as any other game in this genre.

News Comments > Geneforge 4 Sales Figures
16. Re: Geneforge 4 Sales Figures Mar 23, 2010, 08:46 Aganazer

To all you guys bitching about $28, maybe you should consider that these games are better than you think they are. I would be willing to bet that even if they were $5, most of the people scoffing at the price and offering armchair advice as facts still wouldn't want to play it.

If you like deep, interesting, long RPG's then its not like we are drowning in options and $28 starts to look like a great deal. Knights of the Chalice, Eschalon, and Spiderweb's wonderful games are really all there is.

News Comments > Din's Curse Demo
17. Re: Din's Curse Demo Mar 19, 2010, 09:14 Aganazer

Stanly Manly wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 23:03:
I couldn't force myself to play it for more than 15 minutes.

That is fairly telling. In 15 minutes you never saw character development. You never saw how every new town is completely different than the one before it. You never saw more than one set of town modifiers. You never got to see how different and varied 141 class combinations can be. You never saw consequences for your actions. If you think that all I meant was "torch clicking" when I said "environment interaction" then you're probably not capable of noticing what sets this game apart from any other generic hack'n'slash clone anyway. If you didn't even figure out the simple keybindings (press the number keys!) and were actually trying to clicky your skills then I can tell you that this game is probably too hardcore for you.

7. Re: Din's Curse Demo Mar 18, 2010, 15:51 Aganazer

Ant wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 15:48:
So how is it compared to Diablo games and Torchlight?

It compares favorably enough that you should at least try the demo.

6. Re: Din's Curse Demo Mar 18, 2010, 15:49 Aganazer

Stanly Manly wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 14:40:
Downloading the demo now. Looks to be a fairly generic hack 'n slash, so I'm not sure if it will provide anything over Torchlight, but I'll give it a shot.

It does plenty of things that Torchlight never did. Truly random environments, dynamic quests, consequences, environment interaction, and best of all, coop multiplayer. Its about 1000 times better than Torchlight in every way except graphics, sound, and animation. The only thing generic about it is the fantasy setting.

News Comments > Din's Curse Beta Patches
2. Re: Din's Curse Beta Patches Mar 11, 2010, 12:37 Aganazer

This game is awesome.

The graphics won't please the kiddies, but gameplay-wise its everything I wanted to see in Torchlight but never got.

News Comments > Richard Garriott's Sweet @$! Poker
11. Re: Richard Garriott's Sweet @$! Poker Mar 10, 2010, 12:19 Aganazer

RG did not develop the game. When he does develop a game for Poralarium it will be more in line with what people would expect from him.

All is not lost!

News Comments > 15 Hours of Mafia II
8. Re: 15 Hours of Mafia II Mar 10, 2010, 12:18 Aganazer

15 hours?! That means I will not pay more than about $15.00 for it. Looks like I'll be waiting quite a while.  

News Comments > Mytheon Closed Beta Testing
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2010, 15:53 Aganazer

Its a F2P MMOG. It has an interesting and unique combat system and some decent looking graphics. It promises to be a lot more strategic than most other MMOGs.  

News Comments > Warrior Epic Patched
2. Re: Warrior Epic Patched Feb 10, 2010, 14:29 Aganazer

Ant wrote on Feb 10, 2010, 14:13:
Does anyone like this game? I tried it and thought it was OK.

That was how I felt about it to. It was ok, but easily forgotten. The same publisher is about to release Mytheon which is a much better game in every way.

News Comments > January Steam Hardware Survey Results
7. Re: January Steam Hardware Survey Results Feb 9, 2010, 13:35 Aganazer

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 9, 2010, 13:14:
I understand that and I am not complaining about it, I like stats and the amount of stats Steam keeps is pretty impressive I just don't quiet understand what's the point of tracking the free space on your HD.

Maybe they would like to recommend a good way to fill up all that extra space on your HDD.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2 Feb 9, 2010, 10:46 Aganazer

GFWL kills this one for me. Maybe I'll tolerate the disruptive annoy-ware when it drops to $5, but there is no way I'll pay full retail and then subject myself to the torture that GFWL causes.  

News Comments > THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG
8. Re: THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG Feb 4, 2010, 11:58 Aganazer

Its like rolling the dice with any new MMOG. You just never know if it will be good until you try it.  

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
8. Re: Impulse Top 10 Feb 3, 2010, 08:24 Aganazer

Congrats on #2 Cliffski! GSB is a great game.  

64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo