Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for D-Rock

Real Name D-Rock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname D-Rock
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Old school gamer in search of innovation and new ideas -- a rarity in the gaming industry these days.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 9, 2008, 23:41
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 46185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
858. Re: removed Nov 2, 2013, 13:04 D-Rock

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 12:09:
And if Blue has a bias, why has he left all of the rest of yours , RT' s , and Mad Max' s posts?

You're assuming I mean political bias. You're wrong.

It all comes down to deciding who you like and who you don't like. Blue's behavior makes it clear how he feels about me. He's a poor moderator, and that contradicts the respectable attitude that's normally portrayed in in 'Out of the Blue'.

Prez, you've officially made my asshole list.

Blue, please remove my account from this site. I've been reading here since 1996 and it's deteriorated into a bunch of BS. Good riddance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

852. Re: removed Nov 2, 2013, 11:08 D-Rock

D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 15:50:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 1, 2013, 08:25.

Wow Blue -- you just lost a reader. A reader that doesn't use ad blockers. Did someone 'tell on' me or is it just your bias against me? While this comment might have warranted removal, the last one you removed did not (it was a link to an article!).

There are plenty of other people that post insults here and you have no problem leaving them unremoved.

And don't even try and justify it with language appropriateness based on age. Some of the ads you have on your site are offensive and very inappropriate (F2P MMORPG's with blatant sexual content anyone?).

Your actions prove that you are an asshole as well. You have yet to justify them.

I challenge you to leave this post intact -- I'm just calling a spade a spade, and I encourage you and others to justify your actions.

782. removed Oct 31, 2013, 15:50 D-Rock

* REMOVED *

779. removed Oct 31, 2013, 15:02 D-Rock

* REMOVED *

776. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:55 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:47:
It's good to know that widowed mothers working multiple part time jobs to make end meet don't have a fucking life and aren't productive members of society.

Geez Beamer -- can you lighten up for once?

773. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:45 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:37:
Yeah. I agree with them that it's obnoxious, but if I don't do it I'll get told that I'm jealous or looking for handouts or expecting the government to do the work for me or whatever.

You're just a victim no matter what. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

772. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:41 D-Rock

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:34:
Lol. I believe that was due to the claims by you guys that Beamer was just jealous of wealthier people and wanted to bring them down. (Which was also an adhom, but hey that's cool)

I claimed nothing of the sort.

766. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:23 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:06:
What?
I've never, ever claimed to be charitable. I give pretty much nothing to charities. Or homeless people. Once that money hits my bank account that's my damn money, and I don't feel I make nearly enough of it to be as comfortable as I want to be.

I'm talking about the fact that multiple times in this thread you've felt it necessary to make a point of the fact that you are well compensated for your work. We get it.

761. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:03 D-Rock

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:01:
Gee, that's classy.

What's even classier is when he reminds people about it all the time.

751. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:29 D-Rock

disregard, double post -- meant to edit previous.  

750. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:27 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:12:
Hard work correlates weakly to success. Very weakly. Luck counts for more.

I agree on you with this. However...

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:12:
Also the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" argument strikes me as flawed.

"Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" is spot on. If luck is a factor, then logic will tell you that some people are going to have the bad kind. Sometimes this is the only answer to a situation. It's unfortunate and life sucks sometimes, but if someone chooses to not take this approach when it's necessary, I have no sympathy.

738. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 10:57 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:50:
Brevity no, but no one else seems to have trouble understanding me in this thread.

Maybe you should go back and read some of your prior posts.

735. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 10:38 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 18:15:
...which could be just due to things getting lost in text...

Clarity and brevity are not your strong points...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 09:33 D-Rock

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 12:59:
Best Fails of the Week 3 October 2013.

Holy shit that guy in the parachute, starting at :48...

It's a power kite, used in kitesurfing. I have no idea why he didn't use his quick release -- or even have a helmet...and where is his board?!?

Dumbass...

*not you nin, the guy in the video

493. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 27, 2013, 14:34 D-Rock

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 12:21:
Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 11:36:
Also, did someone further down tell me I have a victim complex?

I'm a young, single, white cis-male. I'm a victim nowhere. The entire goddamn country is my oyster. My kind pretty much has any opportunity and all the power. All the wealth, too.

How the hell could I have a victim complex?

You're white now? Could have sworn you said you were black before. Go figure.

He used to be gay too. I heard a rumor that next week he's planning on being a handicapped female with a learning disability (due to him not getting enough attention recently).

414. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 16:13 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 16:00:
Also, I have some kind of magical ability to have others turn these threads into about me, not about any issue.

It's because you're an attention whore. Obviously you didn't put me on ignore yet. Why? Because you want to be the center of attention and need people to fuel it. The way you answered the simple list of questions presented to you shows you love attention.

413. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 16:04 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 15:31:
What do I do? I do corporate strategy.
Do I have a full time job? Yes.
Do I rent/own? I rent. A penthouse, actually. I'm pretty proud, just moved into it a few weeks back. Floor to ceiling windows, corner view of the waterfront on one side and the skyline on the other.
Do I have a family? God no. But I earn somewhere around the top 3% of households in this country, as a single male, and can't imagine what it would be like to be around the middle as a family of 4.
DO I own a car? Yes. But the advantage of living in a decent city is that I only touch it once every other week or so. Huge gas savings!
Do I have health insurance and know how much it costs? Yup. Although, being a healthy single young male, I have the cheapest possible. Deductible sucks, but I go to the doctor pretty much when I'm doing something that requires me to (e.g., going to a foreign country and need certain shots.)
Do I have a family of my own? You already asked this.

Funny that you couldn't even provide simple answers or even keep the same list of questions. Just sayin', that's all...

Not that you can verify any of this. People here know plenty of my background. None of them believe a word.

What reason do I have to not believe you? Geez, you're such a Debbie Downer <cue trombone sound>.

But I support gay rights, therefore I'm a bleeding heart that must drive a Prius with 10 Obama stickers on it.

Alright, that's it. Now I know you're gay!

C'mon Beamer -- get a sense of humor! With your income you could probably buy one

404. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 15:07 D-Rock

Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 15:04:
So is this the thread where if you dare deviate from the binary thinking that fits neatly into (pick one) LIBERAL/CONSERVATIVE you get labeled as a (pick the other one) CONSERVATIVE/LIBERAL?

Yep, you've come to the right place. C'mon in, the water is purple.

403. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 15:04 D-Rock

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 13:13:
Preferably to one that hasn't been run into the ground by Democrats for the last 30 years.

Raleigh area is doing pretty well right now. What career are you pursuing?

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 13:13:
I'm sure you will find a way to deflect because I already know what the answers are. You're an inexperienced child.

I think you're right. I checked out his music links and they don't exactly scream maturity if you take it seriously. Anyone who puts music links in their sig definitely takes that music seriously.

401. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 14:53 D-Rock

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 13:26:
I'm starting to get it, Beamer has a victim complex.

He does, but he never says why and acts like a jackass about it because we're insensitive to whatever issue he has that sets him off all the time. Perhaps if he shared why, he'd feel more respected by us once we've had the opportunity to hear it?

Racist, homophobe, whatever -- he throws those out there to further the perceived victimization. Even though we're not racist / homophobic and are just people who like to call a spade a spade...

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo