Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 79 (Suspect)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Free HotS Stimpacks for New Players
4. Re: Free HotS Stimpacks for New Players Jul 28, 2015, 23:25 Brazor

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:21:
I guess thats one way to alienate the current player base
It's the reverse
You're bringing in more players with this to provide more players for the existing ones to matched with and against. It's a win win.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadpool Game Returns
6. Re: Deadpool Game Returns Jul 16, 2015, 11:45 Brazor

That's a long negotiating process for one game.  

News Comments > Some Heroes of the Storm Bans Reversed
2. Re: Some Heroes of the Storm Bans Reversed Jul 11, 2015, 11:45 Brazor

Julio wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:00:
It proves you can be banned for no reason - and I doubt that Blizzard unbanned everyone who was innocent. Buy those Blizzard games on a steep discount - it hurts less when they take it away after they have your cash.
The false positives happen but the bulk of the people who claim that they banned for "no reason" are lying their asses off.
The No Reason excuse happens with every ban wave. So does blaming siblings or claiming that they were hacked.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 11, 2015, 03:38 Brazor

It's not unheard of for bot authors to coach players on what excuses to use and how to behave when they are confronted. WoW got it quite often and the authors were stupid enough to leave their posts visible to random Google searches.

Then a week later you can watch those same people whining on the bot websites about those lies not working. Then being told "tough luck"

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 12:36 Brazor

Muting them will only cause them to focus on switching to physical tactics to get their attention fix.

As for ignore...Blizzard's ignore function has a cap. They're afraid that some people will be so upset over the toxic players that they will ignore too many people and thus completely take out the social function which is part of their games.
The goal is for the community to stand against these fools, not hide from them. Too many people hiding will just encourage the behavior.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2015, 12:55.

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
10. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 14:08 Brazor

I was going to wait for the GotY version later on to buy this. Just to avoid this problem as well as save money. But after reading the synopsis of the whole story I've decided that I won't buy this game at all. I don't like where they went with the story so I'm not going to buy it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
6. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 11:42 Brazor

If I recall correctly all Diablo 3 announcements came from the trade show in Germany. If they don't do it there than they'll do it at Blizzcon.
Nevalistis told me at last year's Blizzcon that they know the demand for another expansion is there. I had told her that I was disappointed that they didn't announce one then but her and one of the other community girls looked at me funny and said "But we JUST released ROS!"

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
6. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 12, 2015, 06:24 Brazor

Sepharo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:22:
InBlack wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:57:
After watching this video gotta say that I think this character will get nerfed to the ground before this game even sees open beta.

I felt that way about the first video. With the time warping dual pistols character.
This guy starts out pretty bad with rockets but seems to pick it up quick.
That's usually how it goes. It just takes time for your mouse hand (or stick thumb on consoles) to get coordinated with the movement speeds and the frame rate.
I wonder what the splash damage is for the rockets. Range and amount of damage. Though I doubt it will stay the same by the time the game goes into beta.

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
6. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 26, 2015, 20:13 Brazor

Armengar wrote on May 26, 2015, 19:40:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:52:
If they activated they're legitimate keys, it doesn't matter how they were purchased. That's a problem with the merchant software and for the CC companies. This sounds more like regional pricing protection bullshit than actual stolen keys. Fine, if that's the kind of party they want to have I'm going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

CC gets stolen. Keys are purchased with stolen CC. CC gets reversed. Keys get banned. Simple really. If the key was traded to a third party then it sucks to be a third party.

Nowhere does it mention parallel or grey keys from discounted regions.
Also the transactions themselves cost the respective companies money. Yes, that's right! Even if the transaction is automated it still costs them electricity.
If the customer's money has to be refunded then that's more money spent on another transaction.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 18:16 Brazor

Rossini wrote on May 20, 2015, 01:55:
Does anyone know how big the download is for this game?
My folder for the game itself is sitting at 4.8 gigs. I don't know how much the launcher takes up. Especially during client installs. But that should give you a rough idea.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
7. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs May 7, 2015, 00:19 Brazor

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:15:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:57:
Wow. There's that many hopeless, fat neckbeards in the world?

Considering the number of women that I know that still play it, pretty sure it's not all hopeless, fat neckbeards. For some reasons it's very popular with the women where I work, where as the guys don't find it enjoyable anymore. The last time I enjoyed playing the game was back when Wrath was released. I've tried going back a dozen times to play and nope...no fun now. I enjoyed the hard grind, complex skill trees and all the rest.
That's expected. The core game play hasn't changed and won't. The hardcore MMO players, raiders and PvP players have nothing substantial to come back to. BC wasn't worth coming back to for a few people I've asked. Though that's hardly close to a Representative Sample.
They're cycling through the expansions faster to compensate...or at least that's the plan. They don't expect to repeat the same success WoW had. So they'll milk the cow until she drops dead. With the hope that something else is ready.
It remains to be seen if HotS, Overwatch and Hearthstone can pull the same weight or at least keep them standing.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 15:04 Brazor

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue?
I haven't so far.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:46 Brazor

I ended up getting the physical copy from Gamestop. I wanted the printed map of the game world as that's been very helpful for me in the past.
They were right! Seven DVD set! It took me 4-5 hours to install as I got off work at midnight and was falling asleep at the computer. Then another 3 hours to download the patches.

I've played it exclusively in first person mode and it feels awkward, but doable. mainly because I'm used to these games in third person view.
Now i just need to find a map showing where all the hidden goodies are at.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 15:46 Brazor

Don't jinx it Blue! Or you'll get hit by another storm!

Please blow those clouds to California!

News Comments > WoW Token Pricing Shift
8. Re: WoW Token Pricing Shift Apr 8, 2015, 23:43 Brazor

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:34:
Shok wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:28:
I just tried to reactivate and the price was 20883. I thought I had enough gold in my account for 30k but must have spent it on garrison crap before I went on my WoW hiatus last month. Oh well, got to make time for GTAV next week anyway.

When it first got implemented yesterday, it would grey out and say you didn't have enough gold if there were none available at either the price it was listed at in the window or in general.

Might have to try it a couple more times, perhaps?

They are ironing that out right now but I think they got most of it.

Also it won't pull gold from a personal guild bank. You can put in a GM ticket to request a small amount of game time so that you can withdrawal the gold. Make sure you specifically say that in the ticket. They might grant you about 24 hours or so. Unless they have record of that being abused by that account.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
19. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 19:34 Brazor

Oh they are tracking the prices of the tokens and the gold farmers prices. They've always been watching the sites of farmers, hacks, bot authors etc.
They don't expect this to end the farmers but they will hurt them as much as they can.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
16. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 17:09 Brazor

NKD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:11:
I gotta ask: How has this effected the gold selling sites? What did $20 on a gold selling site get you prior to this?

Too soon to tell. Right now 30k gold will run you around $25-30 on a gold seller site. You're looking at around a dollar per 1000 gold. So the starting price here is actually a bit cheaper than buying from China. Since Blizzard is in charge of setting the price it's really hard to tell what will happen.

In a pure supply & demand situation like I've seen in Wildstar or EVE, generally the "legit" currency ends up costing more than the black market currency because people end up being willing to pay a premium for the legitimacy.

The illegal sellers are in a tough spot because if they don't undercut Blizzard by a significant margin, their sales will dry up. No one is going to buy illegal gold for more than legit gold.
You'll have to take this with a grain of salt as I can't provide proof. I don't want to get people fired.
But a few friends of mine in blizz told me weeks ago that they have the ability to alter the gold price of the tokens. One of their goals is to hurt the gold farmers profits as much as possible. They'll adjust the gold price as needed, but they're going to keep the changes subtle so that it's hard to tell at first glance.

News Comments > Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced
4. Re: Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced Mar 13, 2015, 22:33 Brazor

gilly775 wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:45:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:41:
Huh, as a fan of both sci fi games and the Stronghold series (well 1 & 2, anyways), I'm surprised I've never heard of this. Looks pretty fun. Anyone play it?

I did. It was a pretty fun game. Not only did you have to consider what you were building but you had to try to appease your workers and I remembered it was pretty difficult to do so. I never beat it but it surely broke the mold of what Firefly did with the Stronghold series.
I never beat it myself because it gave me lots of options for screwing around on sandbox type maps which cater to different play styles.
If the combat isn't to your liking then there are maps which don't have any enemies on them.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 20, 2015, 20:59 Brazor

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:05:
Incidentally, I bet the beta will last three times longer in order to maximize those sales to a game that will be F2P.
F2P the characters they selected that week. Unless you want to count the "Try Before You Buy" screw around mode.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
1. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 10:02 Brazor

Good time to launch an attack.  

79 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo