Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM in May
56. Re: DOOM in May Feb 6, 2016, 08:35 Brazor

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:29:
Brazor wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 21:47:
From the video discussions back at E3 they emphasized that the executions are how you get most of your health and ammo. That was done intentionally to keep the combat and the player moving. They repeated that this isn't a hide behind cover and play peekaboo shooter.

This game does look a bit cartoony to me but I'm fine with it. The original doom looked cartoony to me too when it first released and I was a kid back then.
This game will stand a chance so long as they don't have a problem like Arkam Knight.

Most important thing will be the controls. If it doesnt have proper PC controls and instead console controls with delays or senseless key distribution where for example you have to use different buttons even though you only need one, it will be just another shitty converted shooter.
You'd think with ID's background that it would be the reverse.
As to the chainsaw comments. I can't imagine being able to swing a chainsaw into a hunk of bone and meat and not have it get stuck as it chews through.
Old Doom's chainsaw had strategic use if you knew the mechanics behind the game. For example the saw was great against Pinkies and Cacodemons because they had a high chance to react in pain. Meaning that you could keep them locked down most of the time as you drained their life. A few would get a hit on you but most of the time it was a painless and ammoless kill. I wouldn't be surprised if the current ID team was looking to replicate that.
Hopefully their "Snapmap" (i.e. editor) gives you the ability to alter weapon behavior.

Now as to the video. Is that a Hellknight or a Baron of Hell? He has the color of the Baron but all of them in Doom 3 were Hellknights regardless of their color.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 21:47 Brazor

From the video discussions back at E3 they emphasized that the executions are how you get most of your health and ammo. That was done intentionally to keep the combat and the player moving. They repeated that this isn't a hide behind cover and play peekaboo shooter.

This game does look a bit cartoony to me but I'm fine with it. The original doom looked cartoony to me too when it first released and I was a kid back then.
This game will stand a chance so long as they don't have a problem like Arkam Knight.

6. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:53 Brazor

MajorD wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:43:
They certainly pioneered the FPS genre, but have been pretty much left behind.......
The problem is that they pioneered one play style of the genre. Lots of people went to the Fake Realistic Style of FPS.

5. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:46 Brazor

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:43:
Too many canned animations for stomping/chainsawing/eye punching, etc...

Honestly, this just makes me want to go replay the original two...

Have you tried Brutal Doom?
Dentorro wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:41:
Prices of collectors editions are getting out of hand IMO, tempted for this game though.
Yeah I noticed a lot of studios are slowly bumping the price over the years. Adding in bigger statues to justify the price.

High hopes, low expectations for this game.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 11:39 Brazor

I bought this a few weeks ago (first time) and it runs great so far. Though I'm only a few hours in. There are still people on the Steam boards claiming otherwise on their systems. Some finger pointing at duel video card setups too.
I'm running an AMD 8320 CPU, 12 gigs of RAM and a Radeon HD 7800 card.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2016, 12:59 Brazor

Hospitals are not upgrading from XP because their equipment will not function on any other OS. They'd have to replace perfectly functional medical equipment that would cost hundreds of thousands to millions to buy and install depending on the size. Having to take the roof off to drop something in by crane for example.
Reason why?
The manufactures of that equipment won't make money if customers are just upgrading the OS. Large medical equipment isn't a "Consumer Product"
It's cheaper on them in the long run to have their IT compensate for the leftover holes in XP. Followed by settling any violations out of court.

If Microsoft wants 10 on new computers at corporations that badly then they'll need to fork over the money to make 10 compatible with those odd ball programs. Because the other way around isn't going to happen even if it's the correct way to do it.

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
3. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 2, 2016, 13:04 Brazor

Came out on the 31st actually.
I've played the first few levels of the map pack they released and they are very well made. They don't look or feel like something I'd expect from a "mod". There's a lot of TLC put into them.

News Comments > Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends
2. Re: Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends Dec 17, 2015, 12:41 Brazor

https://youtu.be/lHcTKWiZ8sI

For those who don't know what Raven is talking about.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
10. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 11, 2015, 23:52 Brazor

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 20:36:
"Ha ha!" - Nelson Muntz

Now, if Blizzard would only get around to actually banning/blocking the bot users... at least for Diablo 3, no clue how (in)effective they've been in their other games.
You can't.
They'll just use tunneling services to mask their location like many of the gold farmers already use. Blizz won't restrict people to playing from certain locations because that would be too much of an inconvenience to legit players.

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 23:28:
Blizzard is crying too much.

Let's say in future we get much better ai programming and people can have software play game for them, using normal pc inputs, as long as customer owns license to play the game on the pc thats legal. I guess Blizzard should be looking into making terms that only humans are allowed to manually and physically play their games lol.
They already do. It's been like that from day 1.

Grokk wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 21:46:
I have to admit, I do sort of like that they are going after the source of the problem, rather than just blocking the functionality of the bots, or banning the accounts.

However, banning accounts works mostly in Blizzards favour, since the offender will most likely purchase the product again.

It does seem like the bot makers are getting better though, possibly to the point where Blizzard is now unable to detect the bots and is forced to shut down the operation instead.
I know people working in Blizz support. It's a cat and mouse game. Once they learn to detect the bot or hack they knock out all the accounts using them. Then the authors rewrite the bot/hack and the cycle starts over. There's absolutely no permanent solution to it.
The bulk of the players don't want to cheaters around so Blizz spends millions on staff fighting it to keep the impact as low as possible. If they didn't do this then the game would have never made it to WotLK and would have ended up in the fail bin like many other games that got destroyed by cheaters.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
39. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 16:12 Brazor

Blizzcon is just a few days away. We'll see what they announce.

The core game-play mechanics for WoW has gone stale. That's why the subs are dropping. Revamping the individual systems only goes so far.

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
18. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 23:10 Brazor

I'll still wait till GOTY edition.

I'm going to declare this game Shovelware. Even though this wasn't connected to a film.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 26, 2015, 20:44 Brazor

I always have two things to say about Apple & Steve Jobs.

1: Jobs is dead! Get over it!
2: Get out from underneath Job's shadow.

Sure Apple needs to be competitive but you do need to do right by your customers. Oh and look at them as customers and not consumers.
Perhaps they can start by helping to convince carriers to not rip off customers.

Oh here's a novel idea! Why don't they put that Steve Jobs inspired creative energy into coming up with a viable solution for Spectrum Crunch. Buying the unused bandwidth from the major TV stations will only go so far.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month Oct 2, 2015, 12:35 Brazor

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 10:35:
I'll buy it when it's 10 bucks.
Same here. It's too little too late for this game.
If WB had a tight schedule for this game then they can go pound sand.

News Comments > Battleborn Closed Testing Signups
4. Re: Battleborn Closed Testing Signups Sep 22, 2015, 21:28 Brazor

Shift it a social media account with Gearbox. Access to their social media functions (i.e. forums).

The catch is that they give out codes for Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel for the gold chest keys and outfits for the classes. Some keys expire and some last forever.

They still give out keys on occasion. Randy Pitchford gave out a codes a few months ago.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/SHiFT

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 19, 2015, 03:44 Brazor

Timothy Zahn writing a Star Craft book?!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 11:49 Brazor

Alamar wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 10:42:
On the other, it's all 'the same'...
That's a given with expansions and one of WoW's biggest drawbacks. You can't change the core without making a new game. Changes can help extend the game's life but even that can go so far.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Hero League Multi-Queuing Restrictions Coming
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Hero League Multi-Queuing Restrictions Coming Sep 2, 2015, 20:03 Brazor

I don't see how this will improve the situation. If they aren't willing to negotiate or even communicate then party size for queuing isn't going to change a thing.  

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
8. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 10:46 Brazor

I thought that niche was larger.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans
8. Re: Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans Aug 11, 2015, 00:47 Brazor

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 08:22:
If you want to play for the story, it's very much worth it.
For me, story and Star Trek don't mix well.
I used to watch TNG when it was running and the story started to fall apart after that. TNG got bland towards the end and DS9 had to go through some crazy fluctuations to keep it going. I couldn't watch DS9 or Voyager. I watched the first of the new movies and it was crap. I'm glad I watched someone's copy.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans
2. Re: Star Trek Online Season 11 Plans Aug 10, 2015, 03:49 Brazor

I haven't been paying attention to this game but I'm kind of surprised that it's still going. What's the population been averaging these days?  

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo