Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
6. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 26, 2015, 20:13 Brazor

Armengar wrote on May 26, 2015, 19:40:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:52:
If they activated they're legitimate keys, it doesn't matter how they were purchased. That's a problem with the merchant software and for the CC companies. This sounds more like regional pricing protection bullshit than actual stolen keys. Fine, if that's the kind of party they want to have I'm going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

CC gets stolen. Keys are purchased with stolen CC. CC gets reversed. Keys get banned. Simple really. If the key was traded to a third party then it sucks to be a third party.

Nowhere does it mention parallel or grey keys from discounted regions.
Also the transactions themselves cost the respective companies money. Yes, that's right! Even if the transaction is automated it still costs them electricity.
If the customer's money has to be refunded then that's more money spent on another transaction.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Open Beta
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Open Beta May 20, 2015, 18:16 Brazor

Rossini wrote on May 20, 2015, 01:55:
Does anyone know how big the download is for this game?
My folder for the game itself is sitting at 4.8 gigs. I don't know how much the launcher takes up. Especially during client installs. But that should give you a rough idea.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
7. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs May 7, 2015, 00:19 Brazor

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:15:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:57:
Wow. There's that many hopeless, fat neckbeards in the world?

Considering the number of women that I know that still play it, pretty sure it's not all hopeless, fat neckbeards. For some reasons it's very popular with the women where I work, where as the guys don't find it enjoyable anymore. The last time I enjoyed playing the game was back when Wrath was released. I've tried going back a dozen times to play and nope...no fun now. I enjoyed the hard grind, complex skill trees and all the rest.
That's expected. The core game play hasn't changed and won't. The hardcore MMO players, raiders and PvP players have nothing substantial to come back to. BC wasn't worth coming back to for a few people I've asked. Though that's hardly close to a Representative Sample.
They're cycling through the expansions faster to compensate...or at least that's the plan. They don't expect to repeat the same success WoW had. So they'll milk the cow until she drops dead. With the hope that something else is ready.
It remains to be seen if HotS, Overwatch and Hearthstone can pull the same weight or at least keep them standing.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 15:04 Brazor

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue?
I haven't so far.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:46 Brazor

I ended up getting the physical copy from Gamestop. I wanted the printed map of the game world as that's been very helpful for me in the past.
They were right! Seven DVD set! It took me 4-5 hours to install as I got off work at midnight and was falling asleep at the computer. Then another 3 hours to download the patches.

I've played it exclusively in first person mode and it feels awkward, but doable. mainly because I'm used to these games in third person view.
Now i just need to find a map showing where all the hidden goodies are at.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 15:46 Brazor

Don't jinx it Blue! Or you'll get hit by another storm!

Please blow those clouds to California!

News Comments > WoW Token Pricing Shift
8. Re: WoW Token Pricing Shift Apr 8, 2015, 23:43 Brazor

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:34:
Shok wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 19:28:
I just tried to reactivate and the price was 20883. I thought I had enough gold in my account for 30k but must have spent it on garrison crap before I went on my WoW hiatus last month. Oh well, got to make time for GTAV next week anyway.

When it first got implemented yesterday, it would grey out and say you didn't have enough gold if there were none available at either the price it was listed at in the window or in general.

Might have to try it a couple more times, perhaps?

They are ironing that out right now but I think they got most of it.

Also it won't pull gold from a personal guild bank. You can put in a GM ticket to request a small amount of game time so that you can withdrawal the gold. Make sure you specifically say that in the ticket. They might grant you about 24 hours or so. Unless they have record of that being abused by that account.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
19. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 19:34 Brazor

Oh they are tracking the prices of the tokens and the gold farmers prices. They've always been watching the sites of farmers, hacks, bot authors etc.
They don't expect this to end the farmers but they will hurt them as much as they can.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
16. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 17:09 Brazor

NKD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:11:
I gotta ask: How has this effected the gold selling sites? What did $20 on a gold selling site get you prior to this?

Too soon to tell. Right now 30k gold will run you around $25-30 on a gold seller site. You're looking at around a dollar per 1000 gold. So the starting price here is actually a bit cheaper than buying from China. Since Blizzard is in charge of setting the price it's really hard to tell what will happen.

In a pure supply & demand situation like I've seen in Wildstar or EVE, generally the "legit" currency ends up costing more than the black market currency because people end up being willing to pay a premium for the legitimacy.

The illegal sellers are in a tough spot because if they don't undercut Blizzard by a significant margin, their sales will dry up. No one is going to buy illegal gold for more than legit gold.
You'll have to take this with a grain of salt as I can't provide proof. I don't want to get people fired.
But a few friends of mine in blizz told me weeks ago that they have the ability to alter the gold price of the tokens. One of their goals is to hurt the gold farmers profits as much as possible. They'll adjust the gold price as needed, but they're going to keep the changes subtle so that it's hard to tell at first glance.

News Comments > Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced
4. Re: Space Colony: Steam Edition Announced Mar 13, 2015, 22:33 Brazor

gilly775 wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:45:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:41:
Huh, as a fan of both sci fi games and the Stronghold series (well 1 & 2, anyways), I'm surprised I've never heard of this. Looks pretty fun. Anyone play it?

I did. It was a pretty fun game. Not only did you have to consider what you were building but you had to try to appease your workers and I remembered it was pretty difficult to do so. I never beat it but it surely broke the mold of what Firefly did with the Stronghold series.
I never beat it myself because it gave me lots of options for screwing around on sandbox type maps which cater to different play styles.
If the combat isn't to your liking then there are maps which don't have any enemies on them.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 20, 2015, 20:59 Brazor

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:05:
Incidentally, I bet the beta will last three times longer in order to maximize those sales to a game that will be F2P.
F2P the characters they selected that week. Unless you want to count the "Try Before You Buy" screw around mode.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
1. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 10:02 Brazor

Good time to launch an attack.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M Nov 4, 2014, 19:03 Brazor

Subs are going up going into a new expansion. That's expected.
It's also expected that the sub count will dip again once the content is used up.

There's a rumor being bounced around that Blizz will talk about the expansion after WoD at Blizzcon this week. Also the rumor claims that they will announce a Battleground only version of WoW for consoles.
we'll see.......

News Comments > World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned
4. Re: World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned Oct 24, 2014, 13:50 Brazor

Some Aussie friends of mine say that the connection to the US data centers aren't bad at all now a days. They're not even using tunneling services any more.
They're expecting a 200ms difference based on their experiences.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel SteamOS Support
2. Re: Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel SteamOS Support Oct 1, 2014, 02:50 Brazor

If anything it's to help get it done on time.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 12:40 Brazor

I always look at titles as signs of arrogance or political BS. This is an act that I can accept as worthy of what is considered a noble title. Even though he was physically there, he didn't have to go out of his way to meet her. He could have just stayed in a hotel room until his scheduled appearances.

Well done, Sir Patrick Stewart!

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
1. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 10:39 Brazor

Art book: check
Soundtrack: check
Behind the scenes disk(s): check
game disk: check
mouse pad: check

Only thing that changes is the amount of in-game goodies. Which increases as they add other games

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 02:55 Brazor

I was at Disneyland on Monday and saw quite a few Gene shirts there. Not just in the shops but people wearing them. That was before he was even found dead. I didn't hear about it until my mom texted me while I was driving home.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2014, 03:34.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Alpha Testing
2. Re: Warlords of Draenor Alpha Testing Apr 4, 2014, 13:54 Brazor

Perhaps they're using Vanilla's life span as the standard for slow.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue/Happy Spring Mar 20, 2014, 12:33 Brazor

Poor Blue!
You guys on the east side of the US got run over by a winter freight train. One that derailed, flipped over multiple times like a Slinky on stairs and never lost any momentum until all the cars had gone by.
Yet, out here in California it was business as usual. The "drought" doesn't mean a thing. We're always dry

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo