Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Worms Revolution Announced
2. Re: Worms Revolution Announced Mar 30, 2012, 11:17 Elessar

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f6M5edr8_U

It is composed shittily, but it does give you a glimpse of how neat the new 3D engine looks. Still though, I always go back to these Worms games thinking I'm going to love them like I did back in the day and I end up mostly getting bored. Maybe if this new one has online versus it'll be more entertaining.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
45. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 12:54 Elessar

Quboid wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 12:49:
Verno wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 12:41:
Amusingly, it's probably the highest compliment you can currently pay Origin.
True. I have Origin running and functional is about as good as it gets. It's fine, it doesn't get in the way much which is the main thing (and what Steam does well) but I'd rather not have it running at all. FIFA12 is the only Origin game I currently play, although when I finish ME2 I'll probably get ME3.
Exactly. Origin is by no means my preference, but I'm certainly not going to boycott it and not play games that I'm interested in, yet are exclusive to it.

42. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 12:34 Elessar

Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 12:24:
Elessar wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 11:58:
Paketep wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 09:57:
And no, I'm not going to buy a single player game that requires Origin and has online DRM, even if it's not all the time.
Boo freaking hoo. While Origin is no Steam, it's functional. You're just depriving yourself of good games.
No, we're really not.
I get to be disappointed by the ME3 ending just fine, and I didn't pay a dime, install origin or accept any of EA's other draconian retard moves.
If you don't like their games, then what do you care?

41. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 12:32 Elessar

necrosis wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 12:25:
Elessar wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 11:58:
And no, I'm not going to buy a single player game that requires Origin and has online DRM, even if it's not all the time.
Boo freaking hoo. While Origin is no Steam, it's functional. You're just depriving yourself of good games.
You call requiring a online connection to play a game that really does not need it functional? Wow.
That's required by the game, not the platform it's purchased/ran from.

36. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 11:58 Elessar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2012, 10:24 Elessar

I ran into the same problem buying $200-300 grills every 3-5 years, so I finally put down some cash on a Weber grill (about $450) and according to reviews and suggestions, this grill should last at least a decade. Might be worth considering!  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology
6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:59 Elessar

Dude, you're better off just not saying anything. Cause the phrase "fuck off" comes to mind now that you opened your mouth. Ironically, he's the PR guy right?  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
10. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 11:18 Elessar

Techie714 wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 11:00:
It's 15.00 I mean seriously even if you dont like his previous work at least put in to show you support this new model.
This. Notable and creative PC Devs working directly with the fans. Let's support this.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
29. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 13, 2012, 15:18 Elessar

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 14:12:
Damn I wish I had a kickstarter to give money to. Not into RPGs or adventure games.

Either way this is a very positive development for PC gamers.
I'm not even that interested in Wasteland 2, but I want to support this sort of anti-publisher, pro-creativity movement. So I'll chip in.

News Comments > New SimCity Announced
19. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 9, 2012, 09:56 Elessar

Sepharo wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:00:
Early in game footage from GDC

It's looking like a pretty traditional SimCity so far. They also mentioned coal deposits in one of the videos... So adding complexity instead of removing it? I'm exicted.

Awesome. I particularly like how traffic seems vastly improved. Thanks for sharing.

17. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 8, 2012, 13:15 Elessar

Halo wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 20:07:
Elessar wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 17:37:
LOL Isn't this just the perfect example of the typical pessimistic circle jerk you find here every so often. Lack of solid information, speculation ensues and then the sky falls.

Thanks Reddit, I can't go one place now where more than 5 people talk about bad about something that it's called a circle jerk. Then more than 5 people say something great about it and they're all companyX employees... It's an opinion based forum deal with it! complaining about people complaining(which i'm doing)is pointless. At least everybody here is forming their snap judgments based on previous games. I think just about every announcement of a game by EA everybody knows is going to be DLC driven, have a collectors edition that costs at least 80 bucks, have a HUGE marketing budget, be simplified to help make it easier for anybody to play (No more game-over you went bankrupt you get a bailout!) have a GOTY edition, and get 91+ scores on metacritic.
I don't see anything wrong with having an opinion with substance. But the senseless pessimism just gets old. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's annoying when it does. Take this WoW thread for example. Generally a negative vibe, but people explain their viewpoint which causes, you know, an actual discussion. What I quoted earlier was just useless.

13. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 17:37 Elessar

panbient wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:23:
ASeven wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 14:49:
gilly775 wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 14:31:
Did I read/watch this right? Only a MP game?

Apparently so, reminds me of the first version of CitiesXL. Not good at all.

Maxis: From innovators to imitators
LOL Isn't this just the perfect example of the typical pessimistic circle jerk you find here every so often. Lack of solid information, speculation ensues and then the sky falls.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
8. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 7, 2012, 11:19 Elessar

Ripperjack wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:02:
A friends trial offer, so soon after release? This game WILL go F2P within 6 months, if this keeps up. Then you can play your WoW with glow sticks for free, each month.
You're sadly mistaken if you think swtor is simply WoW with glow sticks. It has it's issues no doubt, but that simplified of a comparison is absurd.

7. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:52 Elessar

I personally can't wait. Love the style, hopefully in-game looks similar.  

News Comments > First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots
15. Re: First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots Feb 24, 2012, 12:00 Elessar

Fantaz wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 23:58:
Max Payne 1 -> developed for PC
Max Payne 2 -> developed for PC (yes, there was PS2 port also and it sucked...)
Max Payne 3 -> developed for console...

having "special graphics hardware support and enhancements" is not the same as actually developing this firstly as a PC title rather than a console port.
Dude this is so tired. I'm an avid PC gamer like many here, but you'd think people would just accept shit for what it is at this point. Consoles are where the money is. All we can do is hope that the PC rendition will be good. That's just the way it is and has been for awhile now (ie Max Payne was released 11 years ago).

News Comments > Tim Schafer on Double Fine's Kickstart
9. Re: Tim Schafer on Double Fine's Kickstart Feb 22, 2012, 13:04 Elessar

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 12:08:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Tim. Gamechanger? Doubtfull. More like a one off - or several off. Like everything else it all depends on the end product. After people have done a few of these and been burned a few tims it'll peter out PDQ.
He specifically said that calling it a gamechanger was a bit extreme. But also not to discount what happened either. So not sure where you're getting that from.

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
12. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 11:41 Elessar

If it doesn't pan out because of budget concerns, I get it. But I don't understand how he's surprised people got excited. Stop hyping or you'll be more secretive? How about don't say it in the first place? It's not a matter of being open or transparent, it's a matter of not saying things you don't necessarily mean.  

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Interview
22. Re: Psychonauts 2 Interview Feb 15, 2012, 11:45 Elessar

Dades wrote on Feb 15, 2012, 06:59:
Creston wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 22:39:
While I think Notch is an awesome guy for being willing to fork over 13 million dollars, I also think he's going to burn through all his cash in a real fucking hurry if he starts doing things like that...

Creston

You know how it is when you're young, no appreciation for the value of a dollar. It's how so many people end up with 30k in credit card debt before age 25. Notch will learn the hard way if he keeps throwing money around to satisfy flights of fancy and to hear reddit speak well of him.
Do you honestly believe he doesn't view this as a potential investment for a return? Just because all you see are secondhand snipits of a conversation, doesn't mean he's tossing money around without care or consideration of risk. Don't be so quick to judge. We have no idea how he's handling his money, aside from investing in a few projects that he probably intends to make profit off of. All the while enjoying himself.

News Comments > Double Fine Campaign Update
15. Re: Double Fine Campaign Update Feb 10, 2012, 13:21 Elessar

I agree, it's more than unlikely this is Psychonauts 2. Unless they decided to make the sequel in completely different genre, because there's no way they would convert this to a action adventure game given that everyone bought in under the pretense it was point and click.

I personally like action adventures better, but I'm still stoked to see what this project will turn out. This can only be a good thing for Double Fun and it's customers. Hopefully this will make them more cash to help fund Psychonauts 2.

News Comments > Double Fine Crowdsourcing
20. Re: Double Fine Crowdsourcing Feb 9, 2012, 16:14 Elessar

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 14:29:
This will be an interesting experiment. Didn't Love try something like this a couple of years ago? Whatever happened to that? With MC, at least Notch had a fairly workable alpha available for people to play around with before they started paying him cash.

With this people are donating based solely on the strength of Tim Schafer and Double Fine's previous work. I'll be watching this to see how things progress. Now, maybe I can use this an excuse to actually go and play Psychonauts which has been sitting in my Steam queue for a year undownloaded and unplayed. Blush
This expiriment reminds me of what Louis CK did with his recent show. I think it was a lot more successful than he anticipated and that seems to be the case here with Double Fine. I'm more than happy to contribute and prove this model works, cutting out the some of bloated and greedy publishers.

And yes, for shame for not playing Psychonauts. Get on that!

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo