Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
1. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 12:43 Elessar

Waiting for the "hotfix" that adjusts loot tables to actually drop rewarding gear that allows people progress without playing Blizzards new Auction House game. I'd rather pay the iron price for my gear, not the gold (or USD).  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters
4. Re: Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters Jun 13, 2012, 15:16 Elessar

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 14:47:
Indeed, I'm all about shaming MP cheaters. Hell if it were up to me people who bought gear in Diablo would have it tagged pink for the PvP Arena
This is a fantastic idea.

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter
19. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Jun 7, 2012, 14:44 Elessar

They had me up until turned based.  

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
19. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 13:12 Elessar

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 10:34:
Oh look, negativity based on hardly anything. What a shocker.

I hope this is confirmed for PC. I love the idea of a darker bounty hunter game. Star Wars can be awesome when it's done right.
I'm with you SV. I welcome the prospect of a new SW game and the chance that it could be good. I'm not jumping for joy, but I'm also not bitter for the sake of being skeptical.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter
21. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter May 9, 2012, 11:56 Elessar

I have fond memories of Carmageddon from back in the day. Happily chipped in.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer May 2, 2012, 10:59 Elessar

Darks wrote on May 2, 2012, 09:38:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:11:
I just watched it on the official website: http://callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/reveal

Anyway, the graphics look absolutely appalling. They've used the same shitty engine for five years and it wasn't even great when it first came out. I only play COD games for the singleplayer and then only when they're cheap, which seems to be NEVER. The Steam store lists Blacks Ops at £40/$65, while even Amazon at £25/$41 isn't good value.

Every other publisher discounts games to generate sales but Activision knows it can charge whatever it likes for the COD series and people will queue up to hand their money over. Whatever novelty value it once had has been destroyed by Activision's desire to bleed people's wallets with shitty rehashed games. That's especially annoying when the competing franchise is owned by EA, a company that does exactly the same thing.

I really wish that Valve would step in and put them all to shame.

And I hate Microsoft and Sony for keeping such shit consoles on the market for so long. They can't even handle 720p, let alone with any graphical fidelity and they still want to charge stupid prices for games. I hope Valve does come out and compete with them on hardware. Perhaps that's why nVidia has been working on its cloud-sourced service to automatically select the optimal graphics settings for games? Plug and play PC gaming?

Someone needs a reality check and a new pair of glasses because I saw nothing in that video that said shitty graphics.
The textures were not that great. Bland, muddy, the opposite of crisp/realistic. The graphics are serviceable, but it is not exceptional or innovative in any way. The engine has been showing it's age for years now and they continue to use it. They keep making money off of it and it has to require minimal development time, so I can't blame them. Doesn't mean I like it or will buy it though.

I was expecting this to have more of a futuristic setting but, unsurprisingly, it looks like the same old rehash.

News Comments > Call of Black Ops II Revealed
22. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:48 Elessar

Wildone wrote on May 1, 2012, 12:35:
Uhmm didn't homefront already do this? WTF do people think everything COD does is so revolutionary when they dont innovate in the slightest
We haven't really had a good futuristic shooter since BF2142. So just because someone attempted to do something, doesn't mean they succeeded. We'll have to see what they do with codblops2, but they generally make a solid game. The fact they're straying from the tired modern day shooter setting/gameplay and they make solid working games is probably what has people interested. No one claimed it was revolutionary, but they have a chance of making a good futuristic shooter.

19. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:29 Elessar

Seems I jumped the gun on judging this too soon. Looks like there will be a futuristic setting, which piques my interest. Why they're introducing such a drastic setting change it in an offshoot sequel is beyond me, but I'm still interested to see what this will be about. Here are some screenshots.  

5. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 10:37 Elessar

Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 09:44:
I still laugh every time I hear someone say "CODBLOPS", it just sounds ludicrous. I only played this at a friends place but it seemed like the same old stuff. I guess if the formula works then run it into the ground.
Where's the friggin ground then, cause I'm sick of this complete lack of innovation.

News Comments > Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight
36. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 27, 2012, 14:11 Elessar

SXO wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 14:07:
Graham wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:16:
deqer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 11:56:
I was going to pick this up, but ever since they released that childish cinematic last week, I fear I would be picking up a game for 5yearolds--I'm not a 5yearold.

You sound like a rational person with reasonable opinions.

Protip: Being worried about you own personal, private hobbies appearing childish shows that you still have some growing up to do.
Zing!
Not really. Deqer wasn't concerned about his appearance, he simply didn't want a game that (to him) looked to be designed for 5 year olds. So the protip "advice" was off the mark and really just came across douchey.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 MP Free This Weekend
2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 MP Free This Weekend Apr 24, 2012, 22:37 Elessar

Haven't played COD in awhile, I'll give it a shot.  

News Comments > Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced
13. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 17:43 Elessar

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 10:50:
Darks wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 09:47:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 09:32:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 08:06:
Shame too, they used to put out decent games.
Well, this is a decent game. An exceptional one actually. It's sad that many are passing on it as a result of the DRM, not that I fault them for passing on it. I bought it and enjoyed the hell out of it, I'm just not a strong willed gamer's rights activist like the rest of you. I also support nuclear power and think police officers should be respected.

Police and Nuclear power we need in our lives, DRM, we do not need!!

I agree. I just can't help buying a good game. I'm weak, I just don't have the conviction of the others here. Booze, woman and DRM - these are my vices.
You're not weak. You get to enjoy yourself playing a game you like while they boycott.

News Comments > Splash Damage's Free-to-Play Plans
3. Re: Splash Damage's Free-to-Play Plans Apr 19, 2012, 12:11 Elessar

Krovven wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 11:48:
Seems like a bad business move to put all your eggs into the Free-To-Play basket.

But honestly, after Brink I'm surprised the studio was able to stay open.
Yep. Still pissed at myself for preordering that.

News Comments > Dishonored Trailer
7. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:50 Elessar

That was outstanding. Never knew about this game until now. Far from a wasted effort.

I don't mind a hype trailer like this being all CGI. There will be plenty of time for gameplay footage. In fact there's a YT video with some up already. Someone posted it on reddit.

News Comments > Star Trek Footage
1. Re: Star Trek Footage Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 Elessar

Gotta say, that looks pretty freakin good. Early 2013 though, will have to put that on the backup radar.  

News Comments > 0x10cͨ Screenshots
1. Re: 0x10<sup>c</sup>&#872; Screenshots Apr 12, 2012, 10:53 Elessar

Okay I'll say it. It looks awful. But I'm sure a lot of people said that about Minecraft initially and that turned out pretty good. Only thing I can't really get past is it looks worse than Minecraft and is clearly using Minecraft tech judging from the wooden blocks, crosshair, etc.

Still, they're prototypes and we don't know how it plays. So I'll reserve full judgement. Just not sure these screenshots were really worth releasing.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
13. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:09 Elessar

Techie714 © wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:35:
"It wasn't the best PC port ever," <<<Theirs your problem right there.
Exactly. These clueless assholes have no idea. So it doesn't sell well and their default excuse is piracy. Yeah, let's not consider that it not selling well is YOUR fault. We'll automatically blame the consumers and then punish them for it. Consider all of this, then they self-proclaim it's the best PC port ever. This is filled with so much clueless, out of touch, fail I don't even know what to think.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 9, 2012, 14:33 Elessar

Verno wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 10:54:
Yeah, no way I'm subsidizing that silly controller.
I just google imaged the Wii U controller just to remind myself of how absurd it really is. Damn them. Damn them for having some of my favorite game franchises imprisoned on their stupid fucking system designs.

News Comments > EA Loses Consumerist Poll
57. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 5, 2012, 10:11 Elessar

Prez, just wanted to point how how enjoyable it has been reading your posts in this thread. It's the epitome of open-mindedness and understanding that seems to be missing in many facets of our society. Be it gaming, politics or whatever else. Good show.

Verno wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 09:24:
And I really loved this quote too:

I believe EA is a destructive force in the industry as their goal isnít the make gaming more accessible and respected as a medium. How can you argue that video games are art, when pieces of the story are cleaved out to be sold separately? This is why the titans of the gaming industry like EA are passionately hated, while movie studios and TV networks donít draw nearly as much ire. 3D price gouging seems downright generous when compared to the tricks companies like EA are using to wring more money out of consumers.
This was a great quote.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Rayman Origins
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Rayman Origins Apr 3, 2012, 10:36 Elessar

ViRGE wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 04:24:
Fantastic game!
Agreed. Bought it immediately.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo