Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation
11. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 12:46 Elessar

Right. So the DRM has stopped piracy of AC2 to this point, but at what cost? I don't think we'll ever know, but this certainly can't be good for Ubisoft as a whole. But that's just me. Certainly someone at Ubi thought the opposite. The whole lot of them are perfectly willing to sacrifice their reputation, their standing in the industry and their customers to stop people from pirating the game. The numbers better have worked out in their favor, because I just don't see how it's worth the price of looking this bad.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Known BF:BC2 Issues
16. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 14:35 Elessar

I wonder if they can check to see if a player has a friend on the same team first? If so, then find the lone wolfs and autobalance them. Else, split up the friends for that match.

Balanced teams > Playing on the same team as a friend.

News Comments > Known BF:BC2 Issues
12. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 11:30 Elessar

Steelcamp wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 07:54:
Glad I waited on buying this, tho I did like playing the beta\demo.
IMO this is still in beta. The amount of issues listed in the forum post is astounding for a release. And even more troubling is some of the issues they state they're willing to let go because of other priorities. Not that there's anything wrong with priorities, but to list an issue as "unlikely to be addressed" is pure amateurism. Along with many of the issues that exist in a final release now. I can only imagine what other issues there are that they're not aware of.

That all said, even though it feels like a beta, I still enjoy the hell out of it. I just wish these guys wouldn't seem like hacks when it comes to the details of tightening up a AAA title.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Posthumous Penalties
13. Re: Bad Company 2 Posthumous Penalties Mar 22, 2010, 13:36 Elessar

Seriously? This is what a million dollar dev company comes up with? All or nothing?

How about putting a 5 sec timer allowing you to acquire the points you've earned just before you died?

News Comments > On BFBC2's Brisk Sales
12. Re: On BFBC2's Brisk Sales Mar 19, 2010, 10:01 Elessar

The PC Warrior wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 18:18:
dont listen to these guys, this game is buggy as hell and terrible. dont waste your money.
It may have it's problems (some of which are inexcusable), but I generally have a great time with BC2. I highly recommend it if you like online shooters.

News Comments > Steam BFBC2 SecuROM Removal Nears
2. Re: Steam BFBC2 SecuROM Removal Nears Mar 17, 2010, 12:44 Elessar

Principally I like the change, but I'm curious how will this affect me in reality though? The game runs fine for me. Will this alleviate issues others may be having?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 15:23 Elessar

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 15:02:
Thread A:
Screw UbiSoft for trying to stop piracy! Not all of us are pirates! What would even make them think such a thing???!??!~!

Thread B:
Yeah, I downloaded this game off of a torrent a few days before release. The torrent has a few thousand seeds, way more than that leeching. I played for about an hour, seems ok, not worth buying but I'm bored so I'll probably finish it.
So essentially you're calling the entire bluesnews community two-faced hypocrites... But it doesn't really work that way. Individuals choose to post here, so unless you have specific examples of hypocrisy, your post is just whiny to everyone about no one.

News Comments > NVIDIA's 3D Push
25. Re: NVIDIA's 3D Push Mar 16, 2010, 10:43 Elessar

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 12:02:
The whole 3D at home thing reeks of an industry built to sustain its own profits and is probably bound to be a colossal failure just like the first time they tried this. [/quote
FT. This seems like a big money grab that I want no part of. It's really sort of lame if you think of it. I can see these CEOs getting all jazzed to sell this gimmick. Weak.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Patch Today
8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Patch Today Mar 15, 2010, 16:04 Elessar

Sleeeeepy wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 14:11:
Well looking good and glad they're taking the time to communicate still, if intermittently.

My main gripe though:

No ping displayed - This is caused by Windows admin privileges. To view ping in the server browser run BFBC2.exe with administrator privileges.

No. This is caused by your inability to understand the idea that new games shouldn't have to run with admin privileges. That's the whole idea. This is a workaround until you fix your shit.
QFFT

I can run plenty of other online games in Win7 and pings display (accurately) in the server browser. Don't hand me this shit about admin privleges and just fix it.

Otherwise I'm enjoying your game!

News Comments > Newell on DRM
61. Re: Newell on DRM Mar 15, 2010, 12:45 Elessar

All Gabe is really doing is disagreeing with Ubi's DRM methods, he's not necessarily strongly opposing it. Selling games that have intrusive DRM would only make him a hypocrite if he was championing an anti-intrusive DRM cause.

In this case, he just seems to be suggesting that Ubi's way is not really good.

News Comments > MW2 Stimulus Package Details
21. Re: MW2 Stimulus Package Details Mar 15, 2010, 10:51 Elessar

Merkaba48 wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 10:00:
DanL wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 09:41:
I actually like the fact that they don't allow map filters. If they do, eventually everyone ends up playing 1-2 maps because the majority of players refuse to play maps where they don't know like the back of their hand. I hate to see the community end up playing de_dust 99% of the time. There are times when the developer knows whats best for the game than the consumer.

Absolutely agree. It didn't take me long to get over the fact that you can't choose what map to play, generally I like them all, and if I'm not in the mood for one I just find another server. From a design point of view, I think it was a good decision.
I think the de_dust scenario is a pretty extreme example. Many have favorites in COD4, but most servers have a decent rotation and variety of maps.

I don't agree that a popular game like MW2 should take away the vast majority of choices end users typically have in an online shooter. We're not 4 year olds that need handheld into our virtual experiences. This communistic implementation in a title like this is disconcerting and I hope it doesn't catch on. Judging from it's vast unworthy success, they really don't have any motivation to change. And that's thanks to all the drones that flock together and show that this is somehow acceptable.

News Comments > "Platform Agnostic" Brink Gets New Trailer
4. Re: Mar 12, 2010, 13:40 Elessar

DangerDog wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 12:45:
Parkour + Generic shooter = Generic boring game.

Goofy character design doesn't represent a "Revolution" to me.
Couldn't disagree more. This looks fantastic and I can't wait for it to come out.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Trailer
3. Re: The Settlers 7 Trailer Mar 12, 2010, 09:58 Elessar

Frijoles wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 22:55:
I'd buy it if not for the DRM. I really like the Settlers games. Oh well. Maybe when it's $5. Might be a while considering the others are still $10 or so.
Yep, this along with AC2 were on my list of titles to get. Now, not. Thanks to the DRM.

News Comments > OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games
71. Re: OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games Mar 11, 2010, 10:11 Elessar

What? You all expect to play new games on a free platform? Please.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 10, 2010, 14:44 Elessar

Fion wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 01:46:
Creston I hate to disappoint but 3D is the 'next big thing' and in a few years it'll be everywhere. They plan to eventually even phase out 2d. And personally I'm all for it. We're not talking the pop-out-of-the-screen 3D we've had for generations but Avatar style 3D that simply adds a whole new level of depth and clarity to movies. Avatar doesn't have one single 'pop-out-of-the-screen' effect and it's better for it.
I hope you're wrong. I saw Avatar in 2D and 3D and by FAR 2D was much better. It was crisp, clear and vibrant. 3D was dim and gimmicky, not worth it at all imo.

Death to 3D I say!

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 Weapon on the Cerberus Network
21. Re: New Mass Effect 2 Weapon on the Cerberus Network Mar 10, 2010, 10:45 Elessar

Tomas wrote on Mar 9, 2010, 18:37:
Lame. I really don't see what's great about a new weapon or armor once all of us have already finished the game. I mean, sure, it's free, but it's more like...why didn't we have that item when we actually played? Wouldn't it have been more useful? I hate to be a whiner, but seriously I'm not understanding the flow of logic on their DLC so far. I have absolutely 0% interest in booting up the game again just to try out a new weapon.
QFT. They need to release some new side missions. The supporting characters were so awesome, I'd love to delve more into their stories. By doing this they don't have to worry about gaps between ME2 and ME3, yet they can give us more character development awesomeness. For example, release a Thane side off-shoot.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Announced
3. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Announced Mar 10, 2010, 09:55 Elessar

Hey, maybe all the BF:BC2 sniper whores can go play this instead and stop laming up a great online shooter.  

News Comments > EA Servers Back Up, Downtime Tonight
8. Re: EA Servers Back Up, Downtime Tonight Mar 9, 2010, 15:30 Elessar

ASJD wrote on Mar 9, 2010, 14:52:
Outages like this wouldn't happen if people hadn't been such multiplayer whores.

You fucks will learn soon enough. [read- I want developers to make more SP games]
Completely irrelevant post. This has to be one of the most poorly thought out thoughts I've ever seen.

Re: the news. While I dislike the single point of failure centralized servers cause. I do like the stat tracking.

News Comments > Over 25 Million Modern Warfare 2 Virtual Soldiers
21. Re: Over 25 Millions Modern Warfare 2 Virtual Soldiers Mar 9, 2010, 11:47 Elessar

This news makes me sad. Why do so many people support featureless garbage? What makes me sadder is the average 4 to 1 player ratio of people playing MW2 compared to BC2 on steam. These are the true PC betrayers.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer... live: 74,574 peak: 91,798
Battlefield: Bad Company 2... live: 15,709 peak: 26,596

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Failure
71. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Failure Mar 8, 2010, 16:05 Elessar

This will ultimately fail and you know who'll be to blame in Ubisoft's eyes? The PC market.

It's not right, it's not fair, it's unjust... yet you can certainly not expect them to look inward. Oh no. They'll blame us and possibly rob us of future PC titles. Which is fine, I suppose, if it's going to be like this.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo