Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway
15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway Apr 9, 2010, 10:02 Elessar

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 9, 2010, 02:03:
From what I read and heard about how lame actual multiplayer( overpowered configurations in loadout and lame tactics) in this game is I see no reason to waste my time.
I heard a bunch of stuff too. But it's fricken free, go see for yourself if you're even mildly interested for cripes sake and quit being a queen about it.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway
14. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway Apr 9, 2010, 10:01 Elessar

Slink wrote on Apr 8, 2010, 19:45:
Those of us with the UI beta STILL can't seem to access it.
It takes 30 secs to switch it off. It is a beta afterall.

News Comments > Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend
26. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 16:12 Elessar

Bumpy wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 11:34:
No single player for free so not interested. I'd rather pay for and support Bad Company 2.
Not a very intelligent post/mentality. You'll find yourself "not interested" in many things, because many things of substance aren't free.

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch
3. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 11:38 Elessar

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 10:36:
Excellent, I'll reinstall this weekend.
Ditto. Been looking forward to playing the $40 game I bought months ago. It hurts a little bit, each time I see this freakin game on sale for $5 now, when I haven't even played it to this point. Oh well, at least it'll be playable now which is good.

4. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 11:04 Elessar

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 10:37:
They should have done it earlier, just to show people what the multiplayer is really like with IWNet, for good or bad. I see a lot of overreaction from people about how bad it is, and then I see a lot of over praise for it from defenders. The truth is in the middle.
I'm actually pretty surprised a Triple-A title from Activision is even getting a free weekend, let alone so soon after release. I imagine it's for the reasons WinterMadness mentioned.

1. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 10:31 Elessar

Can't beat free. Protests aside, I have to admit this is a smart, unexpected move on their part.  

News Comments > Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Launches
21. Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Launches Apr 7, 2010, 10:27 Elessar

zirik wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 19:37:
Elessar wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 16:39:
There's nothing to forgive or forget because I don't freaking care. Nor should anyone else that's not in his family or financially contracted with him by some means. People need to get lives.

yeah i guess buying his game in a sense is supporting his unethical activity. it is his business not your wallet right? there was a good reason advertisers dropped him from their payroll... morality. if it was a politician who did the same thing it would mean the end of their career but not if it were tiger woods.
Except he's not a politician. He's part of an entertainment business that is completely voluntary for fans to follow. He's not part of the government which ultimately affects our livelihoods. Buying his game does nothing other than support EA and Tiger's efforts to make money off his career. It has nothing to do with his sex life, so quit intermixing the two.

So you may not agree with what he did morally, but it really doesn't matter what you or I think because it's none of our concern. Move on to things more relevant in your life.

News Comments > Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Launches
9. Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Launches Apr 6, 2010, 16:39 Elessar

zirik wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 16:28:
the man might be one of the greatest golf players but his come back seems a little premature in my opinion. i guess americans are easy to forgive and forget as long as you are rich and famous.
There's nothing to forgive or forget because I don't freaking care. Nor should anyone else that's not in his family or financially contracted with him by some means. People need to get lives.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue
39. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 15:53 Elessar

Money, Greed and Power are all universal things. Nationality really has nothing to do with it.  

37. Re: This is old news. Apr 6, 2010, 15:16 Elessar

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 11:29:
Elessar wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 10:36:
It amazes me how Ubi is stubbornly sticking with this DRM. I mean, this shit is getting bad and until they fix it completely or remove it, they're conveying that customer satisfaction simply does not matter.
You're obviously new to the ways of the game industry. Customer satisfaction doesn't really matter. Which part of "no refunds" don't you understand? This industry is built upon this principle. While I certainly hate this new DRM scheme, the games that use it aren't the first to ever ship broken or unplayable or even remain as such.
Confrontational much? I'm not new to gaming by any stretch, but thanks for the foolish assumption. Even still, I'll forever be woeful about the counterproductive business practices companies like Ubisoft employs. The point is they should care about customer satisfaction, because in this case their sales are hurting because of it.

3. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 10:36 Elessar

It amazes me how Ubi is stubbornly sticking with this DRM. I mean, this shit is getting bad and until they fix it completely or remove it, they're conveying that customer satisfaction simply does not matter.  

News Comments > Plain Sight on D2D, Requires 'Net Connection
16. Re: It has LAN play, but... Apr 6, 2010, 10:16 Elessar

Chillax people. It's an MP-only game anyway and I think this is just to ensure that people won't buy this game expecting otherwise. It's just a way to ensure people are aware before they purchase.  

News Comments > Breach Breach
4. Re: Breach Breach Mar 30, 2010, 21:24 Elessar

JackCrow wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 21:11:
The game looks so horrible I would not accept a free copy let alone anything else.

HL looks better.
Anything you say from here on out has no value.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released
29. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 14:32 Elessar

Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 12:17:
Every class has it is all. If it was restricted to Assault or something then it would be 1/10th that number. I have like 308 dogtags without even trying and the server probably hasn't registered another good 200 or so.

Another amusement is how high the 40mm kills are, just ridiculous.
Even with everyone having a knife... When I'm on a server, I only occasionally see <Combat Knife> so it's still surprising to see it's in 2nd place. People sure are stabby mofos.

I agree about the 40mm and the M60 though. I'll use them from time to time and you can definitely tell they pwn more than other weapons.

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 11:54 Elessar

Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 11:06:
http://elxx.net/bfbc2/statscharts/weapons-1.png
I can't believe the Knife kills are that high. I have more Knife kills than all my friends combine and in no way does it contribute to that percentage of my kills (relatively speaking). That's crazy.

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 10:30 Elessar

Map Pack 2? What, was Map Pack 1 included in the original game or something?

I'm looking forward to the new gametypes on these maps. New maps entirely a cool, but a new approach to familiar maps a neat too.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2010, 10:36.

News Comments > Schilling's $30 Million Investment
6. Re: Schilling's $30 Million Investment Mar 30, 2010, 09:50 Elessar

30 Mill? That's alotta smack. Someone must have pitched him a good idea.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround
5. Re: Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround Mar 29, 2010, 13:31 Elessar

Verno wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 12:25:
Sometimes DICE have weird priorities. With loud reports of glaring balance issues and various bugs, they will find something completely irrelevant that no one cares about then fix that. And claim it as a victory.

Yeah they've always been just plain strange that way, going all the way back to BF1942.
Right. Meanwhile the M60 can wipe out an entire squad with half a clip, Hind gunners can wipe out an entire team and snipers are one shot whores (in HC at least). It must have been opposite day when they listed out all of the issues and prioritized them.

News Comments > APB Trailer & Screenshots
7. Re: APB Trailer & Screenshots Mar 29, 2010, 10:29 Elessar

ibm wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 06:36:
sir wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 12:48:
Quite ironic then, that after around 10 hours of play the beta of this game has shown the most promise that I can recall since playing World of Warcraft in late 2004 (although, obviously, the two games are worlds apart in theme and - yes - in gameplay terms).

That's also an indicator of it's biggest problem, shows promise but delivers little.

Sort of like on a kid's school report the teacher doesn't want to come out and say, "at the moment little Jonny is below average."
I couldn't disagree more. Sure Warcraft appeals to the masses, but there are plenty of hardcore gamers who have put countless hours into it and enjoyed them. In my mind, if sir thinks this is nearly as entertaining as WoW (in MMO terms), then I'm excited to hear it.

News Comments > Mafia II PhysX Movie
15. Re: Mafia II PhysX Movie Mar 29, 2010, 10:23 Elessar

BobBob wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 06:00:
Since I own ATI I will pass on this nvidia exclusive PhysX garbage.
Boycotting a game because of hardware competition? That's just over the top and absurd. People will bitch about anything.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo