Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Dust Revealed
11. Re: Project Dust Revealed Jun 17, 2010, 12:13 Elessar

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 03:20:
Ubisoft could announce the second coming and no one care so long as they have their asinine DRM in place.
While I don't condone their DRM, I like their games. I recently played all the way through AC2 with zero problems. Based on that experience, I'll not delay in getting any other Ubisoft PC game that piques my interest. Dust happens to be one of them. Loved Populous.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
8. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:59 Elessar

Aside from good graphics, it seemed pretty generic to me. Running down corridors and shooting enemies that were placed there to shoot. I know that's the gist of a shooter, but it just didn't seem dynamic in any way. Guess I was hoping for better (more difficult) AI.

edit: ^was in reference to the indoor vid. I just saw the outdoor/vehicle video and I found that to be more impressive. Enemies still behaved pretty generic, but the visuals/animations were pretty.

News Comments > Tron Evolution Trailer
4. Re: Tron Evolution Trailer Jun 16, 2010, 12:15 Elessar

Sacrifice wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 11:24:
Decent trailer, but I will wait for reviews. Games based on movies don't have a solid track record. That being said, I really liked Tron 2.0.
I too, thoroughly enjoyed Tron 2.0. Technically that was based off a movie too, but obviously much later and wasn't released in tandem. I'm hoping both the new movie and this game are awesomesauce.

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
5. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 17:24 Elessar

Very frustrating. I hope this goes like their previous titles where they say no PC version, then release it later.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Uproar
19. Re: Bad Company 2 Uproar Jun 9, 2010, 10:20 Elessar

A freaking uproar over the lack of a scope in a game? Seriously?

Some people's behavior is absolutely laughable.

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron MP Trailer
4. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron MP Trailer May 25, 2010, 11:32 Elessar

I so hope this is good. Sure does look that way.  

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month
1. Re: New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month May 13, 2010, 10:22 Elessar

I enjoyed, but stopped playing the main game months ago. Collect all of this DLC, release a substantial expansion and then I'll be interested. This nickle and dime stuff is more annoying than it is enticing.  

News Comments > Max Payne 2 Steam Follow-up
22. Re: Max Payne 2 Steam Follow-up May 13, 2010, 10:18 Elessar

Bet wrote on May 13, 2010, 08:03:
Last game from Rockstar I'll buy. My Steam account testifies I'm a fan. No more. Silent updates are not addressing the problem, it's hiding it. Not to mention the problems with their other games.

They got my money in the past, but no more.
Overreact much? Valve is responsible for distributing these files. If you're going to boycott anyone, boycott them.

You honestly don't think that Rockstar has direct access to Steam servers and technology, do you?

News Comments > RAGE Blowout
4. Re: RAGE Blowout May 6, 2010, 11:16 Elessar

I could really care less how much info comes out now considering how far away it is. Less preview footage, more worky on game to release it. TIA.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend
7. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend May 5, 2010, 12:21 Elessar

How can people possibly think this has SP in it? Seriously, come on.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced
24. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced Apr 30, 2010, 13:35 Elessar

Beamer wrote on Apr 30, 2010, 12:53:
I'm sorry, but yes. What ASeven is referring to is that COD created a name for itself on PC before consoles could even dream of it coming to their market. So while it may sell millions on consoles today, it wouldn't even exist without the initial support of the PC userbase. This is common sense.

"Before consoles could even dream..."

In case people here forget, this series began as a ripoff of Medal of Honor, which began on the PS. A console. You know, so they could probably dream of it being on there considering it basically already had.
I think you missed the part where I said when "COD created a name for itself". While it's neat you know the true history behind COD, we're talking about when the series, you know, actually took off. And on what platform did that occur? Right, the PC.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced Apr 30, 2010, 11:16 Elessar

Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2010, 11:06:
ASeven wrote on Apr 30, 2010, 10:49:
CoD success was mostly due to the PC userbase, they made CoD and IW famous.
I'm sorry, but no. CoD's success has been SOLELY due to the consoles. It's sold so many million more copies on consoles than it ever did on PC, saying the success is because of the PC userbase is like saying that United Nations policy is dictated because of the wishes of the people of Liechtenstein
I'm sorry, but yes. What ASeven is referring to is that COD created a name for itself on PC before consoles could even dream of it coming to their market. So while it may sell millions on consoles today, it wouldn't even exist without the initial support of the PC userbase. This is common sense.

News Comments > On MW2 Bonuses
24. Re: On MW2 Bonuses Apr 23, 2010, 10:41 Elessar

Drezden wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 22:42:
I like how he's "confused"
To some people loyalty and working in a healthy environment is more important than Activisions money. How does he not get that.
My thoughts exactly. The quote from Activision is greed in it's purest form. It's all about the money. It's sad to see that not only do they not care about feature rich, quality products for their customers, but that they could care less about the happiness of their actual employees too. This company is about uncompromising greed with virtually no other priorities. It's sickening.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
14. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 10:15 Elessar

Fantastic news. When will these out of touch executives realize they can't bring PC gamers down? Hopefully this will contribute to their enlightenment.  

News Comments > Madballs in Babo:Invasion Free Weekend and Sale
2. Re: Madballs in Babo:Invasion Free Weekend and Sale Apr 18, 2010, 00:23 Elessar

Wow what a surprise. The multiplayer was actually pretty fun. Not going to keep me glued to it for months, but for 2.49 it's a steal.  

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
86. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 16, 2010, 10:00 Elessar

The justifications in this thread are pathetic. No wonder why greed and stupidity are rampant in this world. There's a working cog for every part of this absurd machine. I'm sick and tired of being represented by drones that flock to the next shiny thing with cash held up in hand.

If you buy ripoffs like this or the map packs like w/ MW2, then you have zero room to complain in the future about the value of anything.

Normally, I don't give a rats ass when stupid people do stupid things, but when it directly affects the market I participate in, I can't stand it.

News Comments > Zombie Driver Patch Adds New Game Mode
3. Re: Zombie Driver Patch Adds New Game Mode Apr 12, 2010, 16:09 Elessar

50% off? Sold! I played the demo and really enjoyed it. It had a lot more polish and depth than I thought it would. I think 5 bucks is a great deal.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2010, 21:45.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Announced
4. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 12:17 Elessar

frantic gameplay and yell-inducing satisfaction.
kxmode - BFBC2 does this to me now. I feel like breaking my computer, and yet I keep trucking along. :)
Except it's yell-inducing dissatisfaction with BC2. But, like you, I keep trucking along. I love to hate that game.

News Comments > West and Zampella's New Studio
7. Re: West and Zampella's New Studio Apr 12, 2010, 12:14 Elessar

ASeven wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 12:05:
Pass the popcorn, this is getting better.

And it was these two who had the idea of taking away dedicated servers and modtools from MW2. Now they're in EA.
Exactly. I really would like to root for them, but since they originated the asinine idea that online PC gaming should be "easier and accessible" (read: console-like accessibility), I find it hard to like these guys like I used to. On the other-hand, anything that sticks it to Activision, I'm all for.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway
19. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway Apr 9, 2010, 11:37 Elessar

JoeNapalm wrote on Apr 9, 2010, 10:20:
Let's see - a big middle finger to PC gamers everywhere, no dedicated servers, and an arrogantly, insultingly high price tag, but I get to try it for free?

Basically, an MP-only, one-weekend only demo, and we're supposed to squeal with glee?

Wow. Let me think...

...nope, the answer is still "@#$% you."

I'll go play BFBC2, thanks.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
I see no condition that you must squeal with glee. Quit over dramatazing.

It is free, however. So those with any interest whatsoever, even those with hesitation like myself, can see first hand. Nothing wrong with that.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo