Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live
8. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live Aug 16, 2012, 12:01 Elessar

Prez wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 11:27:
I was hoping that I could play this mode solo with bots, but from what others are saying it sounds like I can't. Too bad.
Saw a YT video where some dude loaded up a solo match locally. But he got destroyed pretty quick. It's obviously built around the idea of having multiple people play for more firepower. Whether it scales depending on how many people are playing is to be seen, but it definitely doesn't seem to scale for solo play.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
13. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 12:21 Elessar

Considering I only saw one legendary at level 20 something, this update is somewhat meaningless to me. They need to make all loot better and have it drop more often. That is the point of this type of game afterall.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
8. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 11:22 Elessar

There's one thing I want to see fixed.

-Drops no longer suck, therefore no longer forcing you into our shitty moneygrab Auction House allowing you to actually have fun playing the game.

News Comments > Dishonored Trailer
6. Re: Dishonored Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 15:35 Elessar

Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 00:28:
Thief 4 is going to rule! This is all deus ex machina crap.
Crap? I think not. Besides, nothing wrong with anticipating both.

News Comments > Fez Ports Coming?
7. Re: Fez Ports Coming? Jul 19, 2012, 12:47 Elessar

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:47:
5/25/2012
"Fez is a console game, not a PC game. Itís made to be played with a controller, on a couch, on a Saturday morning. To me, that matters; thatís part of the medium. I get so many comments shouting at me that Iím an idiot for not making a PC version. ĎYouíd make so much more money! Canít you see? Meatboy sold more on Steam!í Good for them. But this matters more to me than sales or revenue. Itís a console game on a console. End of story"

If he back peddles any faster he might break the sound barrier.
I take back what I said to ASeven. After reading this, you reap what you sow with an attitude like that.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
14. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:51 Elessar

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Does anyone care about any news on D3 unless the news is "Online-only DRM removed."

Always Online DRM is the least of my concerns. The fact they that castrated the item hunt game is the bigger issue. The game just isn't nearly as fun as it could have been. Initially leveling up it was cool, but after the 1000th piece of shit drop I lost interest.

News Comments > Fez Ports Coming?
3. Re: Fez Ports Coming? Jul 19, 2012, 10:44 Elessar

ASeven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:35:
You wanted so much to go to the Xbox360 and now you pay the price. Deal with it and stop whining since it was your choice and you said time and again you were happy on being a MS exclusive. Made bed, lie on it.

Hopefully this will serve as a warning to other indie devs that going to Microsoft won't solve any of your problems but just add to them.
As nin said, he learned his lesson the hard way. Glad he's being vocal about his troubles with MS to serve as a warning to others, but there's no reason to be a massive jerk about it.

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
10. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 10:36 Elessar

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 10:18:
Yeah....that and get this shit back on Steam and disable Origin! I refuse to play BF3 because of that piece of shit Origin.
Not sure what you're going on about. Origin seems pretty harmless/functional as a client. It's the shitty Battlelog system and browser launch interface that I can't stand about BF3. But Origin does what it needs to do, launch games. Not sure what else you want from it. Only reason I'd want it on Steam is to keep my games centralized.

News Comments > Hard Reset Free DLC
7. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 12:02 Elessar

Viper114 wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 00:06:
It's actually free entirely for current Hard Reset owners. I bought Hard Reset during the Christmas sale last year to get the achievement for it, and then beat it and forgot about it. But I'm going to reinstall now to try this DLC out.
How did you like the original game? I was considering picking this up next time it went on sale.

News Comments > Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD Closed Beta Plans
2. Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD Closed Beta Plans Jul 10, 2012, 12:38 Elessar

Very cool. I applied for the helluva it. Been holding out playing Stranger's for the HD patch for awhile now.  

News Comments > Of Orcs And Men Website & Trailer
2. Re: Of Orcs And Men Website & Trailer Jul 6, 2012, 10:50 Elessar

I really dig the "realistic" look. Hope this turns out good.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Double XP Weekend
1. Re: Max Payne 3 Double XP Weekend Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 Elessar

Anyone have an opinion on whether the MP is fun in this or not?  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
66. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 6, 2012, 10:45 Elessar

I felt the same way about TL1's music too. Sounded a lot like the Tristram theme in a cartoony world. I may have to just disable the music altogether because of how unfitting it is. It's great music, just doesn't jive with the game.

Oh and btw, I think the reason they delayed TL2's release was because they were revamping the skill system based on feedback like yours from the beta. Let's hope it works out.

59. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 5, 2012, 14:11 Elessar

MadBoris wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 13:49:
In a related note, in terms of Online Only/F2P gone wrong...

It's been disappointing in recent years to watch game development almost cut in half, when half the team in development, oversight, testing is spending half it's resources and hours in a day, not on making the best game possible, but developing, incorporating, testing the most effective, reliable and secure monetizing interface and mechanic, in said game, to make people buy things consistently other than the "actual game" itself. Devs never seem to talk about that in the dev blogs or patch notes, a huge waste of time that the game actually needs.

What a waste of resources (only for the gamer) that takes away from real game development time.

It's become twisted.
Couldn't agree more man, well said.

57. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 5, 2012, 12:19 Elessar

rist3903 wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 13:38:
This morning, I picked up a lvl 51 ring, with 21minutes remaining in the auction, that I know was worth over 20 million gold along everyone elses up above, and I won it for 25 thousand gold. this ring alone will make my hell game playable, (100 STR, 120 VIT, Attack speed 6% , crit chance 4%, socketable)

Thats a killer ring, man. Grats on getting that.
YEAH TOTALLY AWESOME AMIRITE?! Seriously, the fact people have to get excited over getting an item in an AH interface versus having it drop playing the fucking game, is just pathetic.

News Comments > BF3 Double XP Week
9. Re: BF3 Double XP Week Jul 3, 2012, 10:38 Elessar

Fuck that premium garbage. What a slap in the face to those that pre-ordered the limited edition. I guess I should just know better considering EA.  

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
30. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 13:49 Elessar

Thanks man, but I think I'm gonna put it down for now. Just a shame that the game is so dependent on a system that takes you out of the game and into an interface to get gear. Defeats the point of playing imo. I'd rather pay the iron price for my items. I hope Torchlight 2 itches my ARPG scratch now that D3 just made it itch more!  

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
28. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 13:16 Elessar

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 11:06:
Take it to PMs ladies Gossip

I think the biggest shame of this patch has been that the Inferno changes were largely pretty good and they have been overshadowed by everything else. I don't like the pack changes as I don't think they did enough there, there are still many horrible pack affix/mob combos but at least Inferno itself is more doable for melee now. One of my friends literally couldn't farm by himself on his Barb, I would have to come into his game and help him all the time, I felt awful that he got pigeonholed so badly into a single crappy build. Now at least he can mess around with a 2H in Act 1 and do his own runs.

So far the patches have been two steps forward, one large step back and I hope with the next patch they ditch this attitude of nerfing anything "fun" that can be abused. Diablo is an ARPG first and foremost, they need to remember that.
My buddy and I have Barbs and are at a complete standstill with Act 2, even with the recent patch. I reluctantly bought ilvl 61-62 gear from the AH with All Res, Vit and Str stats, but mostly sacrificing a ton of DPS (not fun). I say reluctantly because I'd much rather farm for gear, but after over a week of Butcher farming, still didn't receive upgrades to help me progress into Act 2. So using the AH, we're essentially as geared as we can be for a sub-millionaires and still get murdered in Act 2.

So. We're in completely defensive gear and builds, not getting drops and can't progress past Act 2. It's just horrible game design. I'm sure I could grind gold for a few days and go BACK to the AH and possibly buy some better gear, but honestly it's just not fun anymore. It's one thing to grind out Act 1-4 through all the difficulties, at least the scenery changes. Now we're stuck grinding Act 1 over and over, for seemingly no reward for our time. Bleh, I'm just done.

News Comments > Black Ops II PC Dedicated Servers Confirmed
3. Re: Black Ops II PC Dedicated Servers Confirmed Jun 18, 2012, 10:58 Elessar

Paketep wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 10:45:
PAID dedicated servers aren't true dedicated servers. If there are no public server files released and you have to pay to get a shitty server, please don't call them "dedicated servers". It's not the same.
Still beats the fuck out of matchmaking. Gives the player a choice in where they go and what type of game they play. Not as open ended as server files getting released, but I'll take regulated dedicated servers over transparent matchmaking system any day.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
13. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 13:59 Elessar

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 13:27:
Anyone else remember their last found upgrade?
Honestly? No. I finally broke down and had to buy gear from the GAH to progress. This game had so much potential and they fucked the pooch. I agree that the 1.03 changes should have been live at launch. Did they do no research or receive no feedback during beta?!

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo