Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops
77. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 10:01 Elessar

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 08:22:
I do not understand why people feel the need of hating on a game they do not like. For instance I do not like Diablo and the similar types of games and I hate World of Warcraft but you guys don't see me go around all the forums shitting all over those games. To each their own.
Because they're juvenile and they can't see past themselves. They're not familiar with the concept of "to each their own". It appalls them that you like a game that they do not, so they have this uncontrollable urge to berate you and the game you like.

Makes you proud to share this earth with people like that, eh?

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 14:15 Elessar

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 13:42:
Elessar wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 13:21:
Fion wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 11:52:
And the sheep storm the corral!
How exactly, are people sheep if they buy a game they enjoy?

As far as I know, sheep are people who make uninformed decisions. You're misusing the term or at the very least, stereotyping. In fact I'd go as far to classify you as the sheep, as that was a typical uninformed response to Call of Duty threads.

Look, one has escaped from the corral...
You're just as inaccurate as your buddy. Useless comments are useless.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2010, 14:41.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 13:21 Elessar

Fion wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 11:52:
And the sheep storm the corral!
How exactly, are people sheep if they buy a game they enjoy?

As far as I know, sheep are people who make uninformed decisions. You're misusing the term or at the very least, stereotyping. In fact I'd go as far to classify you as the sheep, as that was a typical uninformed response to Call of Duty threads.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 10:31 Elessar

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 10:06:
These games are fluff that make Bobby Kodick laugh all the way to the bank. Do NOT buy them.
Wow, really?

Nevermind that people actually like them. Even if they seem like clones. They're clones of games we like, with new maps, guns and gameplay elements. I can't stand Kotick as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day (literally), I just wanna game with games I like.

Sorry to hear about all the technical issues, I hope they iron em out quick.

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Map Plans
15. Re: New Bad Company 2 Map Plans Nov 8, 2010, 12:22 Elessar

bhcompy wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 12:03:
Elessar wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 11:03:

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 11:02:
I really want to like Bad Company 2, but sniper spam ruins it for me.

This. Bring on Black Ops.

Because Call of Duty: Nade Spamorama is much better than BFBC2. At least with BFBC2 you can elect not to play Atacama and not have to worry about the snipers very much.
Sniper issue isn't unique to Atacama. Regarding Black Ops, you can predict based on previous iterations all you want, but until you've actually played a title, not sure you can knock it quite yet. Getting randomly naded does suck, but it's limited mostly to the start of a map when everyone is tossing. Plus snipers have way more bullets than players have nades, prolonging their annoyance far longer than nade spam.

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Map Plans
11. Re: New Bad Company 2 Map Plans Nov 8, 2010, 11:03 Elessar

born2expire wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 09:45:
Kinda ironic they announce this 1 day before Black Ops is released, this game will be a ghost town after tomorrow.

Once again, too little, too late DICE/EA.
Exactly. I could give a rats ass for this placeholder of a game. It sufficed for a few months, but I just can't take the typical floatiness/poor hit detection this franchise has had for years.

DangerDog wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 10:06:
I don't see Black Ops as a replacement to games like Bad Company 2, let's see how deep the promised "modding" is for the game, let alone extended PC support.
I could care less about modding. I want to load up a game, revisit a favorite server of mine or browse for a new one with my preferred settings. I don't want to deal with downloading Ringo's Soundpack of Death or 1 of 20 admin packs, where each server is ran drastically different than the other. The core game should offer plenty of variety, but in a controlled form. I want choice and dependability. Black Ops has that on paper, we'll see how well it's implemented.

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 11:02:
I really want to like Bad Company 2, but sniper spam ruins it for me.
This. Bring on Black Ops.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2010, 11:10.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Sales
21. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Sales Nov 6, 2010, 19:00 Elessar

It's a game, be patient and wait.

If the principal in false advertisement bothers you, I get it. But if you're griping about fairness, you'll have as long as you want to play it after Tuesday. Re-fucking-lax.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
12. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 12:04 Elessar

Over-saturation of a mediocre franchise = no thanks and I'm done. DICE is a fucking joke anymore. They can't release a single complete and polished game and they pump them out like they think they can.  

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
35. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 3, 2010, 11:24 Elessar

Pass on any Battlefloatiness games here on out. Between floatiness, terrible hit detection and DICE not finishing their games till months after release, I'm going to have to pass.  

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
20. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 1, 2010, 17:12 Elessar

Tumbler wrote on Nov 1, 2010, 16:42:
the sandbox zombie game

And no one saw this as odd? Minecraft is a sandbox zombie game?! Looks like a sandbox fantasy game to me....
Yeah, I think calling it a Zombie Sandbox game is a misrepresentation of Minecraft's true charm and draw. Comparing it to Legos is far more accurate and attractive (to me at least). Hell, I've gone as far to put it into Peaceful mode so I can actually play the game from the perspective it drew me in from. There are plenty of other games to kill shit in.

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2
19. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 09:43 Elessar

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 16:17:
But blizzard found a way to make people pay 3 times for the same game and to have an excuse to work for 6 years on the same game without actually doing anything new or innovative. Clearly that is an Achievement.
I can't believe the amount of bitching I'm seeing over this. Just because they released a 3 campaign game, with much lower production value 10 years ago, doesn't mean they have to follow that same format today. Are you all even considering the actual play time and value the game provides?

I played through all of sc2 in an equitable amount of time most other singleplayer games provide. Not to mention all of the replay value with MP if that's your thing. Considering this, you guys should be bitching about almost every game that's released.

I hate over-capitalism as much as anyone else, but this isn't nearly as bad as some other situations I've seen.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Steamworks
37. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Steamworks Oct 22, 2010, 22:37 Elessar

ASeven wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 13:02:
Xirix wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 13:00:
I admit I havn't done any research...will there be dedicated servers this time?

Rented, and only one GSP to rent from.

New policy, monetize dedis from PC gamers. It seems Brink will also go down this line as well.
As an avid PC gamer, this doesn't bother me one bit. As long as there are a few servers I can return to and there is a community I'm happy. Matchmaking and p2p hosting felt so disconnected and fake.

Also, I love that ranked is maxed at 9v9. Less spam, spawn kills and allows for more strategic movement.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2010, 22:43.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
23. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 10:19 Elessar

Prez wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 00:37:
Nothing beats the song the little dudes were singing around the fire about needing some wood. I LMAO'd!
Dude! To this day, that song is still stuck in my head. It pops up out of nowhere and it has been years.

To make matters worse, here's a youtube of it. p.s. Never realized how much they looked like hobbits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0x4Kw_y4fg

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Intro
9. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Intro Oct 18, 2010, 13:21 Elessar

It'll be changed for everyone. In fact with the next pre-Cata patch, 4.0.3, The Shattering will take place, changing Azeroth for everyone.

I think the exclusives for those that own Cataclysm will be the new races, new zones and flying in Azeroth. To name a few.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Intro
7. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Intro Oct 18, 2010, 12:00 Elessar

I liked it a lot too. My only gripe is, it seemed as if Deathwing could have annihilated anything with a tail swipe. He lands on Stormwind and he decides to leave a few claw marks? He could have wiped that city off the map given the display of his power in that trailer. I know it's all fantasy to begin with, but it should at least make sense within it's own context.  

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
10. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 8, 2010, 10:20 Elessar

Cutter wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 21:49:
Wildone wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 21:45:
How about a release date, assholes

QFT, +1, and all that jazz. I'd really like to get my hands onm this before we're all too old or dead, please and thanks.
It honestly wouldn't be so bad if they didn't announce it 10 years ahead of time like a bunch of douches.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 30, 2010, 10:51 Elessar

Not sure if this will pan out or not, but they're offering Cities XL 2011 for 50% off to those that own the previous version by using your existing game key when it comes out Oct 14. With the previous version only costing $5 you could essentially own the upcoming, improved 2011 version for $25 if the base is $40 (or $35 if the base is $50). Only catch might be Steam not offering the 2011 discount. You'd have to go direct to them for 2011.

Source: http://www2.citiesxl.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=35

News Comments > Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3
24. Re: Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3 Sep 28, 2010, 10:06 Elessar

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 16:09:
Elessar wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 15:29:
No need to get sassy.

Err, I wasn't. It was sarcasm.
Call it whatever you want. But you were, unnecessarily, being a sassy bitch. I didn't intentionally leave anything out, just offered some positives of the game. My post was rather benign, I wasn't freaking out over how great the game was, just that there were some cool parts to it that I enjoyed. I wasn't writing a review, if that's what you were looking for.

As for the game, while I agree it had some identity and flow issues, it by no means sucked. That's 1-4 out of 10 territory and there's no way it deserve a low score like that. Of course this is all subjective, but averages of 8+ from critics and users confirms that to a degree.

News Comments > Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3
15. Re: Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3 Sep 27, 2010, 15:29 Elessar

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 14:41:
Elessar wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 14:41:
I disagree with both of you. It wasn't game of the year, but I certainly wouldn't go as far to say it sucked. The visual style and overall theme of the world was incredibly cool and the gameplay was serviceable enough to get you through that world. Also found the dialogue to be pretty funny.

Yes, it sure sounds like a great game when you only list the positive qualities and intentionally avoid mentioning it's gameplay identity problems and the other negative aspects that dragged it down and ultimately made it a poor seller despite heavy promotion from EA.
No need to get sassy.

It's simple. They were being vaguely negative about it, so I provided some positive and neutral points to contest that. That's how these things work. Not sure how you gather that "Brutal Legend is a great game" from my post. Certainly serviceable gameplay is not something to boast about. But like I said, there were other elements that were enjoyable.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2010, 16:04.

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
23. Re: GOG.com Interview Sep 27, 2010, 14:40 Elessar

space captain wrote on Sep 26, 2010, 16:13:
well, the website was down for 3 whole days.. so, you know - it was like the end of the world was nigh

its basically the same as 9/11
Silly rationalization.

It's called a bad joke. Call your family and tell them you broke your arm. Then show up 10 mins later and say "KIDDING! I actually got a raise at work, aren't you happy for me?!"

It's pointless, stupid and irrelevant. Even for that 10 min (3 day) period it probably bothered someone. Why would anyone want to do that? Especially when it comes to money in the case of GoG.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo