Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
20. Re: Unofficial demo on TPB Jan 14, 2011, 22:05 Elessar

entr0py wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 18:20:
I guess EA knows that pirating is so easy on the PC, it works just as well as making a demo. Just remember you're honor bound to uninstall it after. . . let's say 2 hours.
This. How are these people capable of coordinating the development of a massive project, running a million dollar business, yet not one is capable of understanding that this move just encourages piracy.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Minecraft Beta
4. Re: New Minecraft Beta Jan 13, 2011, 17:24 Elessar

analogbernd wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 16:51:
Why so many people love this strange game

I never find myself asking this question. I may not like certain popular games out there, but that has never urged me to question other's enjoyment of them.

I ask you and others that would ask this question, why do you care of other people like it? If it's general intrigue, cool. If it's just hatin on people's good time, not cool.

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month
16. Re: Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month Jan 10, 2011, 17:38 Elessar

Bunch of downers in here!

I've been enjoying the hell out of Cata. No one seems to mention how each zone has a story arc and even phasing allows you to see your progress. Not exactly a full blown RPG experience, but certainly better than days past where you wander around looking for quests with no real progression. Each zone felt like a mini RPG to me, with all the quests relating to the overarching story. Add to that a perpetual world and a perpetual character I've been developing over the years. It's good stuff.

I think it's the most innovative, enjoyable WoW expansion yet. I can't wait to see what Blizzard has up their sleeve with Titan. If Cata is the precursor to their MMO tech development, we're in for some good gamin. For those who like MMOs that is.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Testing and Hotfixes
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Testing and Hotfixes Jan 7, 2011, 12:34 Elessar

Pigeon wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 11:08:
No mention of fixes to Tol Barad battle ground. Even if they aren't able to balance the battle perfectly its so bad right now any change aimed at helping the attackers would be welcome.
Boy is this needed. I can't believe that they figured jacking the honor reward to 1800 for winning an attack was a feasible solution. The larger issue is the mechanics of the event, not player motivation to win, lol.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 6, 2011, 10:43 Elessar

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 01:16:
Hearing the theme from Angry Birds engages a Pavlovian response in me to need to shit.

That's the extent of my mobile gaming.
LOL!

I used to say I'm going to the bathroom. Now I say "I'm going to play Angry Birds" instead.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 6, 2011, 10:39 Elessar

Icewind wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 21:13:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 20:53:
Cool! I have this for my iPod touch, iPad and Android 2.2 phone. It's a very good game. These guys have made a ton of money on this.

Let me guess.

You're 35, have 2 kids and think gaming is "super fun".

This game, like you, is a pimple on the hobby's rear end.
You're a total douchebag. Just so you know.

News Comments > Modern Warfare Prequel Rumor
2. Re: Modern Warfare Prequel Rumor Jan 5, 2011, 17:14 Elessar

*yawn* I supported Black Ops, but I think after playing that for awhile I've reached my threshold for COD.

Unless they plan to add some Battlefield scale to COD, I think I'll be passing till innovation like that appears.

News Comments > No Fable III PC News Yet
41. Re: No Fable III PC News Yet Jan 5, 2011, 10:29 Elessar

Verno wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 07:17:
Yeah actually it is a matter of opinion. Saying you don't like X about a game doesn't make it an objective fact. You are literally trying to change the definition of subjective because you dislike the game.
Dude, he said it as clear as he could. Taste vs quality. I have recognized plenty of high quality games, but I prefer not to play them for whatever reason. That doesn't mean I think they're of poor quality however. The good Dr. certainly sprinkled in some opinion about Alan Wake, but it's easy to distinguish his points regarding the quality from his opinion on why he didn't like it.

News Comments > West and Zampella's Costly Legal Battle
3. Re: West and Zampella's Costly Legal Battle Jan 5, 2011, 09:59 Elessar

space captain wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 09:54:
lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas
Good point. I actually started feeling sorry for them, but they sorta brought this on themselves.

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
99. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 3, 2011, 12:18 Elessar

subx wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 17:45:
ShakaUVM wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 16:22:
I'll move on to Win7 as soon as Win7 has a functioning file browser and start menu.

Like a comfortable pair of slippers...
http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
Dude you rock. Just installed and loving it.

News Comments > DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting "Special Effort"
4. Re: DICE: PC Battlefield 3 Getting Jan 3, 2011, 10:37 Elessar

I actually audibly laughed when I read the headline. Yeah DICE, we'll see what you come up with, but I'm not buying any bullshit lines.  

News Comments > Back to the Future Episode 1 Released
13. Re: Back to the Future Episode 1 Released Dec 25, 2010, 12:34 Elessar

peonjohn wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 13:42:
VoodooV wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 11:40:

|oR|jonvall wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 09:47:
When you're talking about being able to jump through time it doesn't matter when the Delorean was destroyed because it still exists in another timeline........theoretically.

That's heavy
"There's that word again; 'heavy'. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"

geez, can't believe you don't know what that means. it's just an expression that means "it's getting hot in here." you should try some knowledge some time.
*smacks head* He even put it in quotes. Doh!

News Comments > Windows 8 and Gaming
59. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 23, 2010, 17:30 Elessar

Verno wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 16:18:
Dude come on, he was pretty reasonable, you're overreacting a bit. "M$" is like some grade schooler slashdot stuff and has been tired for a long time.

Yeah a bit. I just find it so insignificant that I was just annoyed it gained the attention of two people now. It's just ingrained in my head to refer to them like that.

Anywho, Microsoft (better?) isn't worth getting that worked up over, so y'all have a Merry Xmas too.

52. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 23, 2010, 13:49 Elessar

Tim wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 12:31:
MS (dollar not required in 2010)
This seems to be the tone of your posts in general, quite honestly you need to get over yourself.

I'm sorry that my cynicism of M$ bothers you, but decades of experience with them has evoked that feeling from me. Play nice all you want, but at the end of the day they've yet to come through for gamers after several empty statements stating that they intend to. Therefore, I've adopted the "I'll believe it when I see it mentality". Until then, I don't think they're capable of understanding what gaming needs and will remain skeptical.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: Bully Dec 23, 2010, 12:15 Elessar

everyone wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 10:35:
The Steam forums have talk of a recent patch which seems to fix a lot of the problems, whatever they were. No idea how many issues are left.
Thanks man. I'll give it a shot for a couple bucks.

48. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 23, 2010, 11:35 Elessar

Tim wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 10:35:
Elessar wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 09:56
uestion. What's stopping you from doing it now (or before for that matter)? What's so imperative about Windows 8, that you can't make this push with Windows 7?

Their statement is an absolute joke. [/quote:

Again, not defending them but how so? Surely a major platform release represents the opportunity to implement deep seated changes?

It's amusing that they're damned either way - a new driver model in Vista caused havoc (due to no small part to people like nVidia) no doubt but in the long run turned out to be a major boon for the both DX and users alike. Nothing amuses me more than users who want change but er.. don't want anything to change

We don't know what'll be in 8, or what (more specifically) will or won't be there to extend gaming support. Fundamentally this means that the above statement from an "unknown source" makes jumping to conclusions rather short sighted.. If the assumption is that MS doing anything bad ever means they're always going to do more bad things and nothing else... the mind boggles.
Short sighted, are you kidding me? You must not have experience with M$ and their lack of innovation over the years, otherwise you couldn't possibly believe that. They've had ample opportunity, to this point, to implement this awesome gaming technology they're supposedly coming out with. They need yet another operating system iteration as a catalyst for this? I don't think so.

Secondly, I can't imagine that a package of this new gaming tech could not be created to install onto their latest OS. Like others mentioned prior, I believe they'll go the DX10, they're going to use it to force gamers to upgrade to Win 8. For no reason other than to make money.

I welcome the opportunity for M$ to surprise me, but there's no way I'm letting them get my hopes up in regards to gaming. They've simply failed far too many times before.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2010, 10:17 Elessar

Prez wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 06:04:
Bully was a shamefully bad port, but ultimately playable. The foundation of the game novel and different enough, and the core gameplay and design sound enough, however, to make it STILL worth purchasing for PC (I got it from D2D last year). I hate saying this, but if you have a console and a PC, it's better on a console because of Rockstar's inability to properly port a game to PC. I guess I should be thankful that I got to play it at all, as I have no console, but such shoddy porting jobs is maddening.
What if you just used a 360 controller, would the consolitus be less noticeable you think?

News Comments > Gamebryo Acquired
11. Re: Gamebryo Acquired Dec 23, 2010, 10:05 Elessar

Game-bro (that's how I say it in my head) sucks unfortunately. Oblivion offered some pretty visuals for it's time, but the mechanics were absolute shit. So glad Skyrim is using a new engine.  

41. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 23, 2010, 09:56 Elessar

Question. What's stopping you from doing it now (or before for that matter)? What's so imperative about Windows 8, that you can't make this push with Windows 7?

Their statement is an absolute joke.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2010, 10:02.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Beta Patch
1. Re: Battlefield 2142 Beta Patch Dec 20, 2010, 13:06 Elessar

I played BF2 for awhile, stopped playing BF till BC2 came out. I've always been intrigued by the futuristic setting of 2142. Can anyone comment on how good or bad 2142? Is it different/good enough to consider?  

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo